Scarface

8.9

1. May 31, 2011
    Perhaps my favorite movie of all-time. Often compared to legendary heavyweight The Godfather, and often as inferior. That is to a large point understandable depending on your taste. However, Scarface is a very different film. I like that it manages to fit in a lot more humor and I find the very human characters the big draw. The Godfather has a much more calculating tone, whereas ScarfacePerhaps my favorite movie of all-time. Often compared to legendary heavyweight The Godfather, and often as inferior. That is to a large point understandable depending on your taste. However, Scarface is a very different film. I like that it manages to fit in a lot more humor and I find the very human characters the big draw. The Godfather has a much more calculating tone, whereas Scarface is much more volatile.

What makes the movie so great is that it doesn't hold your hand and tell you what to think of Tony Montana or anyone else. It lets you take its wide cast of colorful characters. To me, Tony is a manifestation of very human desires - but he has a fascinating drive, passion, and intensity that is unparalleled. While it is a cautionary tale, I find plenty to admire in him. Unlike Michael Corleone in The Godfather, he is not thrown into the dark world of organized crime - he largely throws himself in. (with the help of hard drugs) But, we understand where his lust for the American Dream comes from when we consider his smothered upbringing.

I feel that the movie has aged very well and isn't nearly as cheesy as a lot of movies from its era. It did what it set out to do. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    Good acting, Plenty of enjoyable action, and a story that is satisfying from begining to end. Scarface is the kind of movie that you simply must see. It's fantastic.
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    This movie comes as close to a "ten" that I could envision. So controversial for the times cause of its inherant depiction of violence-which compared to this day would be "g" rated. However, aside from the violence is the story most people can identify with-coming from nothing to be the best at something. Oh, and did I mentioned Pacino and Oliver Stone put definite stamps on this movie. IfThis movie comes as close to a "ten" that I could envision. So controversial for the times cause of its inherant depiction of violence-which compared to this day would be "g" rated. However, aside from the violence is the story most people can identify with-coming from nothing to be the best at something. Oh, and did I mentioned Pacino and Oliver Stone put definite stamps on this movie. If you can find pleasure in any one of these things, check your pulse. Expand
  4. Jun 30, 2014
    Wow great movie, after a viewing of this its going down as one of my favourite movies of all time. if you like mafia movies your bound to like this. Al Pacino who plays (Tony Montana) a man who becomes a cuban drug lord. this movie really shows a side of what people can become with wealth and having an obsession with wanting more. i'm not going to spoil anything, if you haven't seen thisWow great movie, after a viewing of this its going down as one of my favourite movies of all time. if you like mafia movies your bound to like this. Al Pacino who plays (Tony Montana) a man who becomes a cuban drug lord. this movie really shows a side of what people can become with wealth and having an obsession with wanting more. i'm not going to spoil anything, if you haven't seen this movie already defiantly see it! Expand
  5. Pawan"Genius"
    Feb 12, 2008
    Scarface, what a movie, what a film, deserves to be the best(excluding The Godfather series). Pacino has acted ever so well in this damn movie. Immense action, drama, violence! Hats off to this great masterpiece.
  6. KevinC
    Jul 21, 2008
    This movie truly is a cinematic masterpiece. This movie shows Al Pacino at his best. This shoot-em-up classic shows the rise and fall of a true "Bad Guy" .
  7. gaber
    Feb 16, 2009
    How can somebody give this movie less than an 8? this movie is one of the greatest I have ever seen. It may be a little hard to follow at times and the end sucks, but Everything else in the movie makes that forgivable. Pure Genius
  8. Sep 8, 2010
    This movie was great and i think this was al pacinos best performence he ever did (beating the godfather) its great but the only thing i did not like about this film is that well to me when movies made me cry it means its great this made me cry also but in a differnt way it is a very very sad movie and to people who dont have brains shouldnt see this movie because the tony montanaThis movie was great and i think this was al pacinos best performence he ever did (beating the godfather) its great but the only thing i did not like about this film is that well to me when movies made me cry it means its great this made me cry also but in a differnt way it is a very very sad movie and to people who dont have brains shouldnt see this movie because the tony montana charecter isnt violent to me but he was just to dark Expand
  9. Oct 18, 2010
    Scarface was greeted with almost universally bad reviews on its release in 1983 â
  10. Apr 3, 2013
    Scarface is a spectacular crime movie that tracks the rise and fall of the legendary Tony Montana. Stuffed to the brim with fantastic performances, pulse pounding action scenes and ultra-memorable quotes, Scarface provides unforgettable moment after unforgettable moment. This is one of the best 'gangster' movies ever made and easily the most fun.
  11. j30
    Nov 9, 2011
    I went into this movie thinking it was going to be overrated garbage. What I found was a very entertaining gangster pic. It's very 80's and extremely corny, but even that has it's rewards. The run-time is my only complaint about the film.
  12. Oct 15, 2011
    This is one of the peaks of cinema history, totally epic if you ask me. Characters, music, story...And the original theme of this movie. Watch it and then you will see.
  13. May 18, 2012
    By far my favourite film of all time. No matter how many times I watch it, it's always just as good. Not only is it a classic, but it's very well directed, good acting on all fronts, great soundtrack and phenomenal story. The whole drug lord theme is particularly well-executed in that there is no holding back on violence, gore and drug use. This film has it all- suspense, action, story,By far my favourite film of all time. No matter how many times I watch it, it's always just as good. Not only is it a classic, but it's very well directed, good acting on all fronts, great soundtrack and phenomenal story. The whole drug lord theme is particularly well-executed in that there is no holding back on violence, gore and drug use. This film has it all- suspense, action, story, characters and above all, the progression through the film is so consistent. It's entertaining the whole way through. Expand
  14. Oct 16, 2011
    This movie is a classic and a brilliant movie. It is about a Cuban immigrant that moves to Miami in hope of finding a better life. He is caught up in a drug empire that threatens his life and the people around him. Lot's of violence, and good effects for the time. A great gangster film, and a classic you have to say you've seen.
  15. Oct 5, 2012
    Scarface great movie !!! And Why the hell A Carrie Remake 2013, in God's name?!!!! It's a perfect film! Brian de Palma filmed it perfectly, Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie are absolutely perfect ,they both got Oscar nominations out of it, for God sake!
  16. Oct 16, 2012
    Best movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupidBest movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupid ,Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie are absolutely perfect ,they both got Oscar nominations out of it, for God sake! Expand
  17. Apr 18, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this movie.it's awesome!You need to see it ourself!This is original movie!I love Tony Montana(NO HOMO!)!One sad thing in this film is the ending! Expand
  18. Mar 29, 2016
    A cinematic masterpiece, outstanding story and quality acting. This film is easily in the top 10 films i have watched. It also does a great job on engaging viewers and building some tension. This film is worth every second you spend watching it. Scarface certainly deserves a place along with films like 'the godfather'.
  19. Jun 7, 2011
    I'm insanely in love withe this movie. I will say no more.. watch it.

Whether you are shocked or dismayed and digusted.... well, it's awesome either way.

I'm an adult, and was one at 18 when I first saw and loved it. We each have our own opinions.

GAWD I LUV THIS MOVIE!
  20. Korin
    Feb 16, 2009
    Scarface was a good movie to watch, I watched it like 2 times after the first time I saw it, that's how good it was to me. I think I might watch it again, since it's such a great movie.
  21. May 21, 2014
    Scarface is, simply put, DePalma's masterpiece. It has heavy amounts of violence, swearing, drugs, blood, drinking, lavish lifestyle, you name it. But that is the point and central theme of the movie: excess. It tries to turn Tony Montana, an evil, temperamental monster, into something human, and it succeeds. He is both the protagonist and antagonist of the movie, the tragic hero and theScarface is, simply put, DePalma's masterpiece. It has heavy amounts of violence, swearing, drugs, blood, drinking, lavish lifestyle, you name it. But that is the point and central theme of the movie: excess. It tries to turn Tony Montana, an evil, temperamental monster, into something human, and it succeeds. He is both the protagonist and antagonist of the movie, the tragic hero and the tragic villain. There are no drug wars here; Mr. Montana is at war with himself. Expand
  22. MrW
    May 23, 2008
    Everybody's fave criminal. The ultimate gangster film!!! Totaling 143 minutes in length you still crave for more!!!
  23. Mar 21, 2011
    One of the best drug lord or the best lord drug movie ever. Al Pacino is great and this movie has everything you want in a movie: drug, murder, and an awesome catchphrase.
  24. MichaelR
    Dec 30, 2007
    Its the greatest movie ever made.Its an instant classic.For me this beats the godfather.This movie is a fast action packed movie.It had great dialog,acting and a great plot.Its sad to think that the odds of Hollywood making another perfect movie like this or the Godfather is almost unthinkable.
  25. KrisP.
    May 22, 2007
    This movie is a genius one because the main character is the bad guy, but the audience can still relate to him and see him as human.It is a love story,an action movie,a mystery crime kinda movie,and even in some parts it's even funny, all of which are great essences of this one of a kind movie.
  26. Dec 26, 2013
    Scarface is dirty, high and so crazy that it will leave you mystified. It's a basic cartoon with drugs and violence- and Al Pacino. Tony (Al Pacino), a Cuban immigrant soon creates a drug empire and owns billions of dollars. It's true that films need a meaning- well, Scarface doesn't have one. Al Pacino rocks- does coke and just kills every guy that he sees with his fast bullets. ScarfaceScarface is dirty, high and so crazy that it will leave you mystified. It's a basic cartoon with drugs and violence- and Al Pacino. Tony (Al Pacino), a Cuban immigrant soon creates a drug empire and owns billions of dollars. It's true that films need a meaning- well, Scarface doesn't have one. Al Pacino rocks- does coke and just kills every guy that he sees with his fast bullets. Scarface is meaningless, funny and stupid entertainment with drugs. Well say hello to his little friend and rent this film, NOW. Expand
  27. Mar 26, 2015
    8.9/10................................................................................................................................................
  28. Sep 7, 2014
    One of the best movies I ever seen in a long run.Al Pacino played a great role in this movie and the way how it ended was amazing.Best movie ever if anyone haven't seen it I recommended and yes I forgot one thing don't listing to the meta score go watch it
  29. Dec 31, 2012
    The Dramatic aspects are lacking but overall Scarface is meant to entertain like any viable film. The direction is heavy handed at times, jumping between a firework Rambo spectacle to a much more laid back tone; that of which is comparable to Francis Ford Coppola.
  30. May 1, 2014
    This is quite easily the most overrated film of all time. It's not even ****ing close. What makes it even more shocking is that this is the product of people who are actually quite talented; Brian DePalma, Oliver Stone and Al Pacino, neither of whom do themselves justice. Al Pacino is shockingly bad, his accent is just ****ing annoying, as is Stone's equally annoying script (orThis is quite easily the most overrated film of all time. It's not even ****ing close. What makes it even more shocking is that this is the product of people who are actually quite talented; Brian DePalma, Oliver Stone and Al Pacino, neither of whom do themselves justice. Al Pacino is shockingly bad, his accent is just ****ing annoying, as is Stone's equally annoying script (or lackthereof) and dialogue. . There is no genuine plot to this junk, just tells us what we already know. Violence was absolutely pointless (and my favorite films are Goodfellas and Taxi Driver). One of the 10 worst films I've ever seen. Gets a 1 because I started laughing when Montana finally gets killed by Terminator. Goodfellas and the Godfather Part II are infinitely better examples of the American dream. Hell, if you want to watch a three hour movie about excess, check out the Wolf of Wall Street. At least that had yet another great turn by DiCaprio Expand
  31. Jan 22, 2012
    Nothing more that mountains of cocaine, and never-ending violence. Scarface has absolutely no storyline. It is true that hollywood only makes movies with action, that have absolutely no meaning these days.
  32. Jan 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most overrated movie ever? Possibly. I know that so many people drool over Scarface, but I honestly think it is a steaming pile of ***t. The reason that it gets a one instead of a zero is for the iconic final moments of the film. I was so glad to watch Tony die. Expand
  33. JimS
    Jun 14, 2008
    The best C movie ever made. This film and most people that enjoy it don't seem to notice that it is a parody. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone takes it seriously or would want an airbrushed t-shirt proclaiming their love for it.
  34. Jul 25, 2014
    I didn't realize that this is a movie til minute 40 of movie. CAN THIS BE MORE BORING? Is this a good gangster movie? Im sorry but the best gangster movie is There will be blood. The performance of Daniel day Lewis in that movie its simply incredible. Good for you Daniel.

Al Pacino you can die in hell
  35. Mar 25, 2011
    An overrated movie with way too much time on it's hands. Literally. The screenplay by Oliver Stone boasts big twists, but instead delivers vulgarities that only increase the crudeness of the film, not the quality.
  36. Jul 18, 2011
    One of the most overrated films of all time. For people that set out to glorify this lifestyle, there are much better films out there to be attracted towards (Goodfellas, for one). There are times it comes across like it's begging to be parodied (how often do you hear "say hello to my little friend?"). Every now and then, Oliver Stone's script shines and Al Pacino does his best, butOne of the most overrated films of all time. For people that set out to glorify this lifestyle, there are much better films out there to be attracted towards (Goodfellas, for one). There are times it comes across like it's begging to be parodied (how often do you hear "say hello to my little friend?"). Every now and then, Oliver Stone's script shines and Al Pacino does his best, but ultimately, I believe, it falls flat. Expand
  37. nathanl
    Mar 21, 2008
    This movie has a generic story that does little to distinguish itself from other rise to power stories, but there are some great monents and al pacino does a great job.
  38. Jan 13, 2014
    Scarface lives and dies with Al Pacinos performance as Tony Montana. He is brutal, out of control but also funny. The rest of the cast does also a good job but pacino outshines them all.
  39. Apr 7, 2016
    When you watched Scarface as a kid, (assuming you were allowed to watch Scarface when you were a kid), it was thrilling and exciting, with all it's F bombs and gun fights, it's like nothing you'd ever seen before, but watching it as an adult, it doesn't give me the same thrill as it once did. Al Pacino is of course amazing, he's pretty much amazing in everything he does, but as far as theWhen you watched Scarface as a kid, (assuming you were allowed to watch Scarface when you were a kid), it was thrilling and exciting, with all it's F bombs and gun fights, it's like nothing you'd ever seen before, but watching it as an adult, it doesn't give me the same thrill as it once did. Al Pacino is of course amazing, he's pretty much amazing in everything he does, but as far as the film goes, its centered on this masochistic **** who was never happy with what he had. Tony Montana, was never a hero or someone who was meant to be looked up to as one of the greatest characters of all time. As far as Mob films go, Scarface is so much easier to follow then most, as the timeline makes sense, and you're not introduced to new people every five minutes. While Al Pacino is terrific, the mumbled lines and enormous greed leave something to be desired. Not to mention that when you break things down, isn't the film really just business meeting, gunfight, personal life, repeat? After a while the film feels like it's going around in circles and really is kind of stale. People will always remember this film for it's epic finally, taglines, and the great Al Pacino, but as far as stories go, this one isn't something I would consider a classic or a can't miss film. Scarface has it's moments and has to be at the top of the list for action junkies, but beyond that, I found the story to be just your run of the mill mafia tale, focused on a guy, who was too greedy and too stupid to hold onto everything he worked so hard for. Expand
  40. Jul 27, 2012
    The first time I ever watched this, I was in the fourth grade. Not my best choice at a young age, but ever since then, Al Pacino's portrayal of Cuban gangster " Tony Montana has stuck with me for the better or worse. Scarface is a movie everyone should watch at least once. And even if its some what overrated, there is no denying this is nothing short of a good movie.
  41. Apr 5, 2012
    It´s Scarface, we all know it, we all love it. Some of the best acting ever, by Al Pacino. A great main character, a good story, an amazing Miami Vibe and great music. The score by Giorgio Moroder, which was never officially released, has some great stuff. Great action and a gripping, often emotional story.
  42. Aug 26, 2014
    Wow, this was definitely pretty good. Now, it was entirely over the top and insanely violent, which hampered my enjoyment of it a tad. But, this look at a purely evil man that shows all the faults surrounding a man so evil is brilliant. On top of that, the over the top nature of this one is admittedly very fun. While the blood and violence can certainly be excessive, it has the comic feelWow, this was definitely pretty good. Now, it was entirely over the top and insanely violent, which hampered my enjoyment of it a tad. But, this look at a purely evil man that shows all the faults surrounding a man so evil is brilliant. On top of that, the over the top nature of this one is admittedly very fun. While the blood and violence can certainly be excessive, it has the comic feel to it that dulls the blow, thankfully. On top of that, the acting is great, especially Al Pacino. His accent may be a little much, but it really works with every over the top element here. The direction from Brian De Palma is also very strong. I honestly think this was the perfect project for him and he did a great job with it. The writing from Oliver Stone is also great and endlessly quotable. It is not hard to see how this one has such a long-lasting life after its release considering how quotable and enjoyable it is. Luckily, it is also expertly made. Overall, Scarface will likely scare away those with weaker stomachs, but if you can make it, it is entirely worth it. While I did not love it, I can certainly see why it gets so much praise. Expand
  43. Nov 5, 2012
    Completely over the top and a little bit dated, but Pacino's performance is legendary. As is his character, Tony Montana, who is endlessly quotable, and has an unforgettable arc.
  44. May 5, 2013
    Scarface is a disturbing 80's masterpiece with blood, guns, drugs and everything the world of crime has to offer to a racial-suffering Cuban immigrant, showing it's potential on portraying the crime scenes in the 80's, and extremely charismatic characters on out-of-the limit shootout scenes, looks like a good mixture of Rambo and The Godfather, while it features it's own world and quality itself.
  45. Mar 12, 2013
    "Scarface" is one of the greatest classics of the 20th century. It's heavy and brutal but it's very instructive too! That's what happens to people who're insatiable. Okay, stop it SEROJ...now...i give this classic a 10/10, because it's Al Pacino at his best and it's going to be forever one of the greatest movies ever made. THE WORLD IS YOURS
  46. Aug 7, 2013
    Wow, what a watch! You will root for the villain, Pacino in a very strong, threatening and cool performance. I wish this movie was longer! I was so attached to Pacino's character words can't explain it, purely I loved him. It's a great watch but nothing I'd rush to watch again sadly though every scene is written with great dialogue and performances and entertained the entire way! Be awareWow, what a watch! You will root for the villain, Pacino in a very strong, threatening and cool performance. I wish this movie was longer! I was so attached to Pacino's character words can't explain it, purely I loved him. It's a great watch but nothing I'd rush to watch again sadly though every scene is written with great dialogue and performances and entertained the entire way! Be aware this isn't a movie for everyone. The violence, foul language and themes is taken to the extreme. This movie is really a fantastic journey, from a man who gains money and then power in the crime. Absolutely CLASSIC and immense stuff. Expand
  47. May 24, 2013
    Scarface; the remake, is a different type of movie. Also this is not a rip off of the Godfather, you can tell it's not because this movie is obviously not as great as that movie. Not to say that this isn't a good movie. Some of the great aspects of this film are that it focuses on a unlikable type a person, a hitman I think. Al Pacino gives an overtop, extreme performances as the mainScarface; the remake, is a different type of movie. Also this is not a rip off of the Godfather, you can tell it's not because this movie is obviously not as great as that movie. Not to say that this isn't a good movie. Some of the great aspects of this film are that it focuses on a unlikable type a person, a hitman I think. Al Pacino gives an overtop, extreme performances as the main lead, and is enjoyable throughout. I guess I should talk about the story. It's about this man who arrives from Cuba and wishes to fulfill the American dream of getting a ton of money. The simple viewing of watching the uprising of this man is simply fascinating and intriguing. One of the most notorious tales about this movie is that it has a record; almost, for most swear words uttered in a film; until South park. The violence in this is a bit over the top, especially the chainsaw scene, but is "almost" over the top, I say that because other than that one scene it's not that graphic. So I say again that the biggest treat this film gives us is the simple joy of watching the life of this person who we'd normally not want to associate with. I would say this is definitely worth a viewing, and despite what some may say of it being a copy of The Godfather, but should be viewed only by mature viewers. Expand
  48. Jan 3, 2015
    Um dos melhores filmes de todos os tempos,tráfico de drogas esse tema nunca me fascinou antes,Porém Scarface é uma Obra-Prima,não só do gênero mas também da história do cinema. Um Filme com 170 minutos quase 3 horas de filme que nunca te deixa entediado. Com uma puta sensacional atuação de Al Pacino e de Robert Loggia.Com um Incrível,ousado e revolucionário roteiro de OliverUm dos melhores filmes de todos os tempos,tráfico de drogas esse tema nunca me fascinou antes,Porém Scarface é uma Obra-Prima,não só do gênero mas também da história do cinema. Um Filme com 170 minutos quase 3 horas de filme que nunca te deixa entediado. Com uma puta sensacional atuação de Al Pacino e de Robert Loggia.Com um Incrível,ousado e revolucionário roteiro de Oliver Stone,Dirigido brilhantemente pelo Brian DePalma
    Um puta épico do cinema!!!!!!.
  49. Dec 12, 2013
    Only a movie like Scarface can keep it up for nearly 3 hours with unpredictable moves, a killer music score, honest brutality, and, for god's sake, I nearly shed a man-tear at the end.
  50. Nov 13, 2014
    What can I say??? it is just AL PACINO! at his best!!!, he is a legend! the papel of Tony Montana is fantastic, and all the rest of the characters are gorgeous, too!
  51. Jan 3, 2014
    One of the best criminal movies i ever saw
    Al Pacino is doing great his job as Tony Montana
    He and his quote Say hello to my little friend will stay into people who watched the movie minds
  52. CLS
    Jun 13, 2015
    An instant classic. The 1980's decadent lifestyle and music really complements the setting of the movie. It's about drugs and the consequences of rising to the top through illegal means. It's unfortunate that many people see Tony Montana as someone they should emulate. The movie is about the rise and fall of someone who wanted to own the world.
  53. Apr 18, 2014
    A classic can watch it dozens of times never gets boring. Al pacino at his best! He is the only criminal that still has honor and the old values of the good old days.
  54. Nov 27, 2014
    Al Pacino is even a good actor. Tony Montana is a character that I really like how it performs. It is simply a masterpiece. Montana Reality Company...
  55. Jan 29, 2015
    This movie is absolutely legendary!Al Pacino nailed it!In my opinion it's next to The Godfather as one of the greatest movies ever!I can't believe this movie only got golden globe and not Oscar!
  56. Dec 3, 2014
    a fantastic movie about a man who as a dream of been rich and having power he gains it all becoming a fearless man his name was Tony Montana but the world will know him as scarface. Al Pachino just fits the part a part that not many good do his joined with a brilliant cast but to be honest al pachino just makes the movie what it is.Defiantly in my top 5 movies
  57. Jan 23, 2015
    I Probably can say only good things about this movie because i like that kind of films they keep tension in you.Al Pacino make a very good role probably one of his best and he fits in . Very good story that reveal the life of the gangsters in the past and which shows you whats happens when you get greedy and when you forgot your self . That's totaly a classic gangster movie and maybe oneI Probably can say only good things about this movie because i like that kind of films they keep tension in you.Al Pacino make a very good role probably one of his best and he fits in . Very good story that reveal the life of the gangsters in the past and which shows you whats happens when you get greedy and when you forgot your self . That's totaly a classic gangster movie and maybe one of the best of his kind . Expand
  58. Feb 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Scarface is one of those films that will always be remembered in my book. I remember when i first watched it i was thirteen so it would have been 2009 at the time. Even thou i don't remember my reaction back then i still remember my reaction of today. it was about 1 month ago i watched it again for the first time and i was amazed by how immersive and brutally graphic it was but i enjoyed it all the more. My favorite scene in Scarface by a long shot is the scene has to be the scene when Tony Montana(Al Pacino) is in a club and he sees his sister dancing with some criminal and the orchestra is playing and Tony eyes are fixed on them. Expand
  59. Apr 4, 2016
    ..........................................................................................Tony Montana Myth.....................One of best movie of mob.............Totally Underrated at the time of release....................But now is cult and acclaimed sometimes or always the critics fail.........................
  60. Apr 8, 2016
    .................................................................................................................................................An "A" Mob Movie UNDERRATED UNTIL NOWADAYS
  61. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Scarface''' is a 1983 film directed by [[Brian De Palma]], written by [[Oliver Stone]] and starring [[Al Pacino]] as [[Tony Montana|Antonio "Tony" Montana]]. A loose remake of the 1932 Howard Hawks gangster [[Scarface (1932 film)|film of the same title]], it tells the story of a fictional Cuban refugee who comes to Florida in 1980 as a result of the Mariel Boatlift.

Tony becomes a gangster against the backdrop of the 1980s [[cocaine]] boom. The film chronicles his rise to the top of [[Miami]]'s criminal underworld and subsequent downfall in Greek tragedy fashion.

The film is dedicated to Howard Hawks and Ben Hecht, who were the writers of the original Scarface.

==Plot==
    In July 1980, Cuban man [[Tony Montana]] claims asylum, in Florida in the United States, and is in search of the "American Dream" after departing [[Cuba]] in the Mariel boatlift in which [[Fidel Castro|Castro]] emptied his jails. When questioned by INS officials, Montana is detained on suspicion of apolitical criminal activities, in a camp called [[Freedomtown]] with other Cubans, while the government evaluates their visa petitions. To be released after thirty days of governmental dithering and camp rumors, and be given green cards, Montana, with the help of his best friend [[Manny Ribera|Manny Ray]], kills a former aide to Fidel Castro, [[Emilio Rebenga]]. The murder of Rebenga was requested by [[Frank Lopez]], a wealthy, politically astute man who deals cars and trades in [[cocaine]], as Rebenga had tortured Lopez's brother to death while still in Cuba. After getting their cards, Tony Montana and Manny Ray are working as dishwashers in a corner sandwich shop when a Lopez henchman, [[Omar Suarez]], offers Tony and Manny a job unloading marijuana.

Tony insults Suarez by turning down the job, so Suarez sets him up to pick up a sample of [[cocaine|coke]] from a Colombian dealer, [[Hector]]. Tony, Manny, and two other Marielitos in his crew, [[Angel Fernández]], and [[Chi-Chi]] then set out to meet [[Hector|Hector the Toad]] at a seedy motel on t
  62. Aug 17, 2015
    one of best movies of all time i recommend this it gets my temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison temuera morrison award
  63. Sep 2, 2015
    Ce film est tout simplement un chef d'oeuvre, je l'ai tellement regardé, sans me lasser, et Al Pacino joue extrêmement bien. De plus, la scène finale est tout de même iconique. Un classique.
  64. Oct 14, 2015
    "In this country you gotta make the money first.......... then when you get the money you get the power.......... then when you get the power then you get the woman!"
  65. Jan 20, 2016
    Scarface is a film that wasn't successful on release, but quickly gained a cult following on home video that has resulted in it seeping well into pop culture in a way similarly styled films haven't.

Brian De Palma's 162 minute long tale of the 'Cuban Problem' in the late 70's is a feast of visual excess, stunning location shooting, a fantastic soundtrack, brilliant performances, over the top violence and a fairly decent script.
    Negatives, well the film is overlong, with too many extended scenes of people just mooching about (usually off their **** on cocaine), or unnecessary scenes which add nothing to the plot, characters or narrative.

What is good is that the film doesn't rely on exposition, there is a great flow (outside the slow, or unnecessary scenes) to the drama, action and emotive elements.

Overall it's well worth watching if you've never seen it. It's a film I first saw 20 years ago on an ex-rental 'Widescreen' VHS tape, a tape I subsequently bought from the shop for a couple of quid and watched with some of my friends almost religiously ever since.
  66. Nov 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Say hello to my little review!
    What can I say? Every expectation I had for this movie was exceeded: I wanted to see guns, strong language, and the development of a wild mob boss; Guess what? That’s exactly what Scarface delivers. From Uzi’s to chainsaw’s Scarface has multiple scenes containing these caliber guns’ which were used back in the 80’s, and not to spoil anything, but blood is always spilled after these guns are fired. To fallow up with the guns; Scarface displays loud and disgusting language that gives the viewer a punch to the face. One quote that you will most likely remember after watching this movie is “say hello to my little friend.” Which I will only say leads to a major climax after Tony Montana played by Al Pacino says those words. Talking about Scarface how can I write this review without praising the man himself Mr. Al Pacino; the man is just gold around silver actors. Pacino plays Tony Montana a Cuban gangster with ambition to be big in the world, and that ambition ultimately leads him to become the biggest mobster in Miami. The movie Scarface is just a classic—you have to watch.
  67. Apr 4, 2016
    I usually want to say that famous line from this movie from any incoming negative ratings and/or reviews from this movie. Just say it anyways. To anyone who's about to give this movie a negative, say hello to my little friend!
  68. Jun 26, 2016
    I always felt this movie was slightly over hyped and a overrated but Al Pacino delivers a brilliant performance. It's definitely a memorable film worth watching but not one of the best gangster/mob films at all.
  69. Mar 9, 2016
    Scarface shows the story of a man who came to US with nothing and shows his decent to the top in a journey full of love, betrayal, and tons of f-bombs and violence. People complain about violent movies, saying that they're not appropriate for kids, but thats the point. Not all movies are made for kids.

The movie can at times feel to much like an action movie, which isn't bad but there are so many bad action movies out there and that can have negative impact on good films, like Scarface.

This movie is highly recommended for anyone over the age of 14.
  70. Apr 2, 2016
    The Best Movie Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I love this movie so much, But have so much other movies that are so good like Scarface (1983), And Deserves to call the Best Movie Ever Hahahahahahhahahahaha.
  71. Jul 27, 2016
    Фильм про наркоту, про шлюх, и все прочее дерьмо, естественно, этот фильм учит нас одному, если ты хоть раз попробовал наркотики, то для тебя это рано или поздно закончится не весьма хорошо, фильм, вышел как раз на то время, когда были популярны наркотические вещества, то есть, фильм шел в ногу со временем и ни мог испортить к себе влияние, многие люди ругают этот фильм за сцены сФильм про наркоту, про шлюх, и все прочее дерьмо, естественно, этот фильм учит нас одному, если ты хоть раз попробовал наркотики, то для тебя это рано или поздно закончится не весьма хорошо, фильм, вышел как раз на то время, когда были популярны наркотические вещества, то есть, фильм шел в ногу со временем и ни мог испортить к себе влияние, многие люди ругают этот фильм за сцены с наркотиками, я прошу прощения за тавтологию, однако я предполагаю, что это фильм как пособие, и в нём есть смысл, это кино совершенно не бессмысленное, скажем так, и многие до сих пор смотрят данное кино и потрясаются данный фильмом, ведь, персонажи там вполне настоящие и они по истине ублюдки, и в них нет жалость, кроме нашего главного героя, который все же осознает рамки, и мы сопереживаем героям данной киноленты, они хоть и сволочи, но сволочи такие, которые не хотят ничего менять и хотят, чтобы все было так, как и оно есть на данный момент, да, на сегодняшний день фильм не богат на спецэффекты, ведь, в глаза так и лезет комбинированная съемка, которую, так любят режиссер-постановщик Брайн Де Пальма, и это не единственный фильм, где такое есть, и все же я рекомендую посмотреть данное кино, потому, что оно никогда не устареет. Expand

Brian De Palma dedicates this 1983 feature to Howard Hawks and Ben Hecht, authors of the 1932 original, though I doubt they would find much honor in his gory inflation of their crisp, 90-minute comic nightmare into a klumbering, self-important, arrhythmic downer of nearly three hours.
    Scarface is one of those special movies, like "The Godfather," that is willing to take a flawed, evil man and allow him to be human.
  3. Reviewed by: Andy Gill
    Perfomances are excellent, and despite its moralistic conclusion, the film has since become de rigueur viewing for crack barons, who know a good shoot-em-up when they see one.