Scarface

8.9

1. May 1, 2014
    This is quite easily the most overrated film of all time. It's not even ****ing close. What makes it even more shocking is that this is the product of people who are actually quite talented; Brian DePalma, Oliver Stone and Al Pacino, neither of whom do themselves justice. Al Pacino is shockingly bad, his accent is just ****ing annoying, as is Stone's equally annoying script (orThis is quite easily the most overrated film of all time. It's not even ****ing close. What makes it even more shocking is that this is the product of people who are actually quite talented; Brian DePalma, Oliver Stone and Al Pacino, neither of whom do themselves justice. Al Pacino is shockingly bad, his accent is just ****ing annoying, as is Stone's equally annoying script (or lackthereof) and dialogue. . There is no genuine plot to this junk, just tells us what we already know. Violence was absolutely pointless (and my favorite films are Goodfellas and Taxi Driver). One of the 10 worst films I've ever seen. Gets a 1 because I started laughing when Montana finally gets killed by Terminator. Goodfellas and the Godfather Part II are infinitely better examples of the American dream. Hell, if you want to watch a three hour movie about excess, check out the Wolf of Wall Street. At least that had yet another great turn by DiCaprio Expand
  2. Jan 22, 2012
    Nothing more that mountains of cocaine, and never-ending violence. Scarface has absolutely no storyline. It is true that hollywood only makes movies with action, that have absolutely no meaning these days.
  3. Jan 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most overrated movie ever? Possibly. I know that so many people drool over Scarface, but I honestly think it is a steaming pile of ***t. The reason that it gets a one instead of a zero is for the iconic final moments of the film. I was so glad to watch Tony die. Expand
  4. JimS
    Jun 14, 2008
    The best C movie ever made. This film and most people that enjoy it don't seem to notice that it is a parody. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone takes it seriously or would want an airbrushed t-shirt proclaiming their love for it.
  5. Jul 25, 2014
    I didn't realize that this is a movie til minute 40 of movie. CAN THIS BE MORE BORING? Is this a good gangster movie? Im sorry but the best gangster movie is There will be blood. The performance of Daniel day Lewis in that movie its simply incredible. Good for you Daniel.

Al Pacino you can die in hell

Brian De Palma dedicates this 1983 feature to Howard Hawks and Ben Hecht, authors of the 1932 original, though I doubt they would find much honor in his gory inflation of their crisp, 90-minute comic nightmare into a klumbering, self-important, arrhythmic downer of nearly three hours.
    Scarface is one of those special movies, like "The Godfather," that is willing to take a flawed, evil man and allow him to be human.
  3. Reviewed by: Andy Gill
    Perfomances are excellent, and despite its moralistic conclusion, the film has since become de rigueur viewing for crack barons, who know a good shoot-em-up when they see one.