6.7

1. Sep 18, 2011
    The first 2 prequels had something I could at least laugh at. Now, the tables have been turned. "Scary Movie 3" is what you call "A **** up sex-satirizing gross out movie". Nothing is funny or scary.
  2. Jan 5, 2012
    I am sorry Anna Faris you are way too good for this awful franchise that can't seem to go back to form from the original. Scary movie 3 is silly, stupid humor with absolutely no heart at all which this franchise really, really needs dearly. I give this movie 16%.
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    Good to see the series get back to actually being funny and that's thanks to a few things. Both Cindy & Brenda are back but this time joined by a new crop of actors, most of which are very funny and perfect for the series. The writers cleverly merge together the likes of Signs, The Ring and even movies that aren't Horror but in a way that still really works. There are also some hilarious LOL moments that weren't as evident in the others. Overall funny stuff and good for a laugh! Expand
  4. Aug 18, 2013
    I was a pretty interested in the scary movie films before I saw one. I knew number 1 was an all time favourite but I little worried when I wanted to watch number 3 as I heard people where giving it some pretty mediocre reviews. So a couple easters ago I decided to watch it with my friend. Needless to say....we liked the film a bunch! I loved the comedy and how everything was just so random in the film. I love when people can make horror funny, it turns a frown upside down. The choice of actors was ok, the only person I really recognised was Charlie Sheen. I don't like how people criticise this film for having a childish plot. It's a spoof movie!!! It's not supposed to be serious!!! Go watch batman or inception or something if you wanna look for drama. So, I enjoyed watching scary movie and I had myself a good laugh too! Expand
  5. Oct 24, 2010
    why deal with it? it beats the second movie in just one shot. so, its not that big of a deal. the funny material was terrific though.
  6. May 4, 2014
    David Zucker takes over the spoof series in this third entry and he manages to keep the laughs coming. It can be laugh-out-loud hilarious, but there are other times when the humor fails to connect. Thankfully the majority of the humor does, and Zucker manages to capture what made the previous two movies so funny.
  7. Jul 8, 2011
    The plot is nonsensical, the jokes offensive and over-the-top and the acting ridiculous...this is one of the best comedies ever written! I love the way that the Scary Movie franchise has to parody everything, however I raised my eyebrows when I saw the Michael Jackson-y scene.
  8. Jun 15, 2013
    Scary Movie 3 lazily spoofs films ranging from The Ring to Signs and adds in a few scenes that involve people being hit in the crouch or falling over. If that’s your idea of comedy then you’ll love this.
  9. Sep 24, 2012
    With the third film in the Scary Movie franchise, David Zucker adds a certain level of competence to proceedings, the addition of Leslie Nielsen is always a positive, and Charlie Sheen playing Mel Gibson's character from Signs is a stroke of comedy genius. The film just about hits the good joke quota, and Anna Farris is still mildly amusing and gets the job done reprising her ditsy lead role. The best film parody is 8 Mile (which incorporates a certain egotistical British talent judge playing himself) which is a bit odd considering the film is a "Scary Movie". All the film spoofs are pretty well executed, probably slicker than they ever have been in this series, and in much of Zucker's own career, though it's a bit odd that so few of the parodies relate directly to the horror genre. The whole film still never quite comes together - some of the gags fall flat, and some of it is just plain embarrassing, and not in an intentionally hilarious way. While the vast majority of the jokes and parodies will at least raise a smile, Scary Movie 3's main achievement is unfortunately reminding you how good David Zucker used to be, but no longer is. His current work can still loosely be classed as comedy, so at least he's doing a bit better than his early writing partners, brother Jerry and Jim Abrahams, but David must still be pining for the good old days of Airplane!, Naked Gun and even BASEketball. Expand
  10. Apr 11, 2013
    Scary Movie 3 starts to return some funny (and somewhat smart) humour back into the franchise, but it still manages to place in some terrible jokes within it as well. This sequel also manages to be much more entertaining than that awful first sequel, but it feels messy at times and the pacing is all over the place. Overall, it is an improvement over Scary Movie 2 and is entertaining at times, but the humour is still hit-and-miss. Expand
  11. Sep 2, 2012
    All the scary movie's are pretty stupid but this one seem to have more of a cohesive story and the comedy will make you laugh so hard you might not stop laughing.
  12. Sep 2, 2012
    There is just too many funny moments to count. I loved it then, and it still has me laughing my butt off today. This was seriously pretty brilliant to come up with this.
  13. Jan 3, 2013
    Very well made movie. I expected less and I found lots of fun.
  14. Jun 20, 2013
    Maybe my favorite Scary Movie of the 5. The plot made some sense, it wasn't scary at all but the funny sceens where cool. The Ring is a good movie also (part of the parody in this movie) so it was funny as i expected.
  15. Jan 6, 2013
    This film is a piece of crap. Worst sequel ever. I F**king Hate It.
  16. Aug 16, 2013
    Much better than the second Scary Movie and actually quite surprising. The humour of David Zucker (Airplane) is much better than the Wayans brothers. I mainly enjoyed this because of Leslie Nielsen who is always hilarious and played Dr Rumack himself in Airplane (the Don't Call Me Shirley guy). Scary Movie 3 may not be the most intellectual comedy ever but it is enjoyable overall.
  17. Mar 12, 2013
    Easily one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life. It's stupid and with no sense! I give it the bare minimum, because i just hate this movie. The worst choice you can make if you choose to watch it.
  18. Mar 11, 2014
    i love regina hall she is funny in this movie . i also love anna faris in this as well but i cant wait to see . marlon wayan's haunted house 2 if some of you hate this see your up next or paraonormal : marked ones movie instead
  19. Apr 20, 2014
    The 2 first were really better than this **** ass movie.Well at least there is 1 or 2 funny jokes but the rest it's just crap.I do not recommend this movie only because the first were way much better.
  20. Jul 12, 2014
    i liked it very much. got some hilarious Scenes in here. great comedy

1. Scary Movie 3 is a veritable time capsule of of-this-moment kitsch, schlock and bad taste. And it's funny, too.
  2. The franchise, which had begun to run out of steam in Part 2, has been given a shot of adrenaline with the replacement of the Wayans Brothers as the prime creative forces by Hollywood's original spoof-meister, David Zucker.
  3. Reviewed by: Jason Anderson
    The decision to overhaul the Scary Movie franchise by sending up such non-horror titles as "8 Mile" and "The Matrix Reloaded" also pays dividends.