Scary Movie 3

6.7

1. raVen
    Aug 30, 2004
    I find this movie to be bad, but bad in a very special way. Elsewhere jokes about feuding rappers and bimbo sexpots are extremely tedious. But here they are very nearly virtues, relative to the rest of the material. Indeed, scenes between the hiphop stars and/or actors playing hiphop stars are quite funny. And so I give two points for that, and one for giving the aliens the second kitchen I find this movie to be bad, but bad in a very special way. Elsewhere jokes about feuding rappers and bimbo sexpots are extremely tedious. But here they are very nearly virtues, relative to the rest of the material. Indeed, scenes between the hiphop stars and/or actors playing hiphop stars are quite funny. And so I give two points for that, and one for giving the aliens the second kitchen knife. But if this movie were not sold as a sequel, (I didn't see the first two) I can only assume that the pitch to the studio heads would have been: "Let's make a movie in which we beat up a little kid!" Because that is really the one unifying joke throughout the whole deal. Which is fine, I guess, if the kid doesn't mind seeing himself like that - just as the rappers didn't mind poking fun at their gangster images - it just gets old. Where the bottom really fell out for me was when they brought in the not-so-subtle reference to sexual abuse by Catholic priests and tried to make it funny, a la Daryl Hammond. If I were Catholic, I might take it in stride. But if I were a victim of such abuse? No. No thank you. I find no good way to laugh about that. And since this was apparently the cleanest of the three, I'm glad I avoided the others. Expand
  2. RichardG.
    Nov 2, 2003
    This movie was stupid, It lacked the "Wayans sense of humor" about it, and at times was just plain stupid. The Leading actress was terrible, they should have let the girl that had the fake seisure, and the fake burning hand be the leading actress... she was funny. Anyway, the plot was in shambles, and this movie didnt keep me laughing, at times I felt unentertained and disinterested.
  3. JesseN.
    May 31, 2004
    Enough already, downright, plainold, STUPID. Ill give the ring joke in the begining to you, that's all!
  4. Sep 18, 2011
    The first 2 prequels had something I could at least laugh at. Now, the tables have been turned. "Scary Movie 3" is what you call "A **** up sex-satirizing gross out movie". Nothing is funny or scary.
  5. Jan 5, 2012
    I am sorry Anna Faris you are way too good for this awful franchise that can't seem to go back to form from the original. Scary movie 3 is silly, stupid humor with absolutely no heart at all which this franchise really, really needs dearly. I give this movie 16%.
  6. Jun 15, 2013
    Scary Movie 3 lazily spoofs films ranging from The Ring to Signs and adds in a few scenes that involve people being hit in the crouch or falling over. If that’s your idea of comedy then you’ll love this.
  7. Smenkharon
    May 22, 2004
    The worst "comedy" I have seen since Zoolander. No laughs, just a few chuckles. Tired, rehashed Abrahams/Zucker jokes, people running into things and getting hit in the crotch. The loss of the Wayans writing was devastating. I can only recommend this to children, an adult mind that finds this amusing must have mental deficiencies.
  8. T-Bone
    Oct 25, 2003
    Does anyone remember the movie The Stupids with Tom Arnold? This movie is worse than that, you'd have to be 10 years old to like it.
  9. Brandon
    Mar 20, 2004
    I dont know, maybe i had a bad day when i saw this piece of crap. first of all it was on opening day and it was sold out. So me and some friends bought the tickets for about 8 o' clock. 10 dollars for that ticket. We went in and it was over flowed with kids...im a senior in H.S. i dont have anything wrong with kids but this was like Chuckee Cheese. the movie hardly...HARDLY made me I dont know, maybe i had a bad day when i saw this piece of crap. first of all it was on opening day and it was sold out. So me and some friends bought the tickets for about 8 o' clock. 10 dollars for that ticket. We went in and it was over flowed with kids...im a senior in H.S. i dont have anything wrong with kids but this was like Chuckee Cheese. the movie hardly...HARDLY made me laugh. I didnt find anything funny about it whatsoever. They tried so hard and it didnt even matter. The lost the R rating along with the Waynes Brothers which in my opinion made the first two Scary Movies (literally) and along with that the franchise. Congrats! you killed Scary Movie. This movie was crap...i hated every second of it, i actually felt like walking back and getting my 10 bucks so i could buy me something nice. Horrible. The only movie worst then this is Dumb and Dumberer..which is probably the worst movie i have ever seen. Expand
  10. PeterJ.
    Jan 20, 2005
    The Michael Jackson cameo was the only funny thing in this movie. I can't believe I wasted 90 minutes of my life, and I liked the two previous Scary Movies.
  11. Vixi
    Aug 20, 2005
    I have seen all 3 Scary Movies....this was the one I got bored watching. Every joke is stupid and obvious. The first Scary Movie had wit behind the vulgarity...this is just mindless. The jokes are basically copied from first movie except here they are pulled off in a half-assed manner. All of the characters are now straight dumb. It also doesn't help that Charlie Sheen is in it.
  12. LizzyandRia
    Jul 3, 2004
    This movie was **** compared to the first two. Only funny one was the black chick who always disses the white chick. she was in all three and she is THE BEST ACTRESS EVER!!! "I know you better get out of my FACE!"
  13. SarahP.
    May 25, 2004
    Brandon was right on the nose with this one. A waste of two hour of my life I'll never get back.
  14. PatC.
    Oct 30, 2003
    Awful. The only funny parts were in the previews. PG-13 rating really takes the fun out of the movie.
  15. Andrew
    Oct 30, 2003
    I cant believe i actually went to see this movie. it was the worst. i wanted to hang myself, only there was no rope to do so. one of the worst parodies i have ever seen.
  16. Thomas
    Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, okay the movie is aptly named. It's so freakin scary unbelievable that if you pay to see it, you won't believe it was even made. Disjointed from beginning to end and possibly the worst movie ever made. Now that is scary. Sucked big time. But if you don't believe me and still want to see, make sure you wear a paper bag over your head because the management at your Yeah, okay the movie is aptly named. It's so freakin scary unbelievable that if you pay to see it, you won't believe it was even made. Disjointed from beginning to end and possibly the worst movie ever made. Now that is scary. Sucked big time. But if you don't believe me and still want to see, make sure you wear a paper bag over your head because the management at your local theater will be laughing at you coming out of the show? You want to die from embarrassment when you walk out. You have been warned. Expand
  17. Thomas
    Nov 6, 2003
  18. GordonR.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Uggh, this movie was terrible. There were some funny elements, but the scene where everyone laughed the most at was when the two guys were trying to bring the girl back to life and end up blowing her up. Also they made the movie look funnier than it really was in the commercials, which were funnier than the movie was.
  19. Jan 6, 2013
    This film is a piece of crap. Worst sequel ever. I F**king Hate It.
  20. Mar 12, 2013
    Easily one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life. It's stupid and with no sense! I give it the bare minimum, because i just hate this movie. The worst choice you can make if you choose to watch it.

1. Scary Movie 3 is a veritable time capsule of of-this-moment kitsch, schlock and bad taste. And it's funny, too.
  2. The franchise, which had begun to run out of steam in Part 2, has been given a shot of adrenaline with the replacement of the Wayans Brothers as the prime creative forces by Hollywood's original spoof-meister, David Zucker.
  3. The decision to overhaul the Scary Movie franchise by sending up such non-horror titles as "8 Mile" and "The Matrix Reloaded" also pays dividends.