Scary Movie 3

6.7

1. Sep 2, 2012
    There is just too many funny moments to count. I loved it then, and it still has me laughing my butt off today. This was seriously pretty brilliant to come up with this.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    Good to see the series get back to actually being funny and that's thanks to a few things. Both Cindy & Brenda are back but this time joined by a new crop of actors, most of which are very funny and perfect for the series. The writers cleverly merge together the likes of Signs, The Ring and even movies that aren't Horror but in a way that still really works. There are also some hilariousGood to see the series get back to actually being funny and that's thanks to a few things. Both Cindy & Brenda are back but this time joined by a new crop of actors, most of which are very funny and perfect for the series. The writers cleverly merge together the likes of Signs, The Ring and even movies that aren't Horror but in a way that still really works. There are also some hilarious LOL moments that weren't as evident in the others. Overall funny stuff and good for a laugh! Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    I was a pretty interested in the scary movie films before I saw one. I knew number 1 was an all time favourite but I little worried when I wanted to watch number 3 as I heard people where giving it some pretty mediocre reviews. So a couple easters ago I decided to watch it with my friend. Needless to say....we liked the film a bunch! I loved the comedy and how everything was just so randomI was a pretty interested in the scary movie films before I saw one. I knew number 1 was an all time favourite but I little worried when I wanted to watch number 3 as I heard people where giving it some pretty mediocre reviews. So a couple easters ago I decided to watch it with my friend. Needless to say....we liked the film a bunch! I loved the comedy and how everything was just so random in the film. I love when people can make horror funny, it turns a frown upside down. The choice of actors was ok, the only person I really recognised was Charlie Sheen. I don't like how people criticise this film for having a childish plot. It's a spoof movie!!! It's not supposed to be serious!!! Go watch batman or inception or something if you wanna look for drama. So, I enjoyed watching scary movie and I had myself a good laugh too! Expand
  4. sydneyo.
    Aug 5, 2008
    This was a pure genius comedy! all the jokes were funny and the humor in it was outstanding!
  5. Jan 5, 2012
    I am sorry Anna Faris you are way too good for this awful franchise that can't seem to go back to form from the original. Scary movie 3 is silly, stupid humor with absolutely no heart at all which this franchise really, really needs dearly. I give this movie 16%.
  6. Thomas
    Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, okay the movie is aptly named. It's so freakin scary unbelievable that if you pay to see it, you won't believe it was even made. Disjointed from beginning to end and possibly the worst movie ever made. Now that is scary. Sucked big time. But if you don't believe me and still want to see, make sure you wear a paper bag over your head because the management at your Yeah, okay the movie is aptly named. It's so freakin scary unbelievable that if you pay to see it, you won't believe it was even made. Disjointed from beginning to end and possibly the worst movie ever made. Now that is scary. Sucked big time. But if you don't believe me and still want to see, make sure you wear a paper bag over your head because the management at your local theater will be laughing at you coming out of the show? You want to die from embarrassment when you walk out. You have been warned. Expand
  7. Sep 18, 2011
    The first 2 prequels had something I could at least laugh at. Now, the tables have been turned. "Scary Movie 3" is what you call "A **** up sex-satirizing gross out movie". Nothing is funny or scary.
  8. JD
    Feb 16, 2010
    The movie is fantastic, has no real plot, but the humor is spot on, never a dull moment.
  9. Jan 6, 2013
    This film is a piece of crap. Worst sequel ever. I F**king Hate It.
  10. May 4, 2014
    David Zucker takes over the spoof series in this third entry and he manages to keep the laughs coming. It can be laugh-out-loud hilarious, but there are other times when the humor fails to connect. Thankfully the majority of the humor does, and Zucker manages to capture what made the previous two movies so funny.
  11. AlexG.
    Apr 11, 2008
    I did not particularly like the first two as i thought the Wayans Brothers can't grasp this kind of comedy but when i found out that David Zucker would be taking over i was itrigued to see what he would do to make these movies funny, he bought in spoof acting veteran Leslie Nielson to play a brilliant and rather accurate president of the United States and spoof a bad movie, Signs, I did not particularly like the first two as i thought the Wayans Brothers can't grasp this kind of comedy but when i found out that David Zucker would be taking over i was itrigued to see what he would do to make these movies funny, he bought in spoof acting veteran Leslie Nielson to play a brilliant and rather accurate president of the United States and spoof a bad movie, Signs, Charlie Sheen And Simon Rex were good additions to the cast as well as the two new black guys who are very funny. Expand
  12. GavinC
    Jul 27, 2009
    Less foul-mouthed jokes and more original jokes make this film more appealing.
  13. Sam
    Jun 12, 2005
    This movie was so funny. From the michael jackson scene and the girl calling the girl that saw the tape to how the aliens pee and the nah i'm just screwin with ya was so funny. See it now.
  14. PatH
    Jun 29, 2005
    This movie was hilarious!!!
  15. Vixi
    Aug 20, 2005
    I have seen all 3 Scary Movies....this was the one I got bored watching. Every joke is stupid and obvious. The first Scary Movie had wit behind the vulgarity...this is just mindless. The jokes are basically copied from first movie except here they are pulled off in a half-assed manner. All of the characters are now straight dumb. It also doesn't help that Charlie Sheen is in it.
  16. CclaudioM.
    Feb 17, 2006
    I have seen all scary movie films and this one is defiently the worst. not saying i didn't like it just it ain't nowhere near as good as the first one.
  17. Darkever
    Jul 15, 2006
    Probably the best Scary Movie ever (followed directly by Scary Movie 1), it's full of funny moments, good laughts and crazy characters. Too bad, there are a few excessive scenes (like the one in the white house with the handicaps) that ruin the general atmosphere. WARNING: this is not a serious movie! Watch this only if you want to have some casual fun!
  18. Katherine
    Jul 24, 2006
    I think it's the best of all the Scary Movies.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Hilarious, brilliant, comedy classic.
  20. HaleyM.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This was a great comedy, and i would definatly see it again!!! If you saw Scary Movie 1 or Scary Movie 2 you should surely see SCARY MOVIE 3!!! The only regret is that i wish i would`ve seen 8 Mile before i saw it !
  21. KatieP.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Bunifa: you are so funny. haha. I love you. This movie was ok. Except that Ja Rule was in it, and that little @#$%^ can go to hell along with Murder Inc. I have to say that I did like the second one better, just because of that butler guy (Take my strong hand!!) lol.
  22. Charlie
    Dec 7, 2003
    This movie is really funny if u liked 1 and 2 u have to watch it.
  23. BraydenA.
    Dec 12, 2003
    This was the funniest damn movie i have ever seen. i recommend it to anyone who is need of a sore gut. lol.
  24. JoseAlejandroC.
    Nov 28, 2004
    OUTREIGOUSLY FUNNY!!! I only gave it 9 because of the not really logical things.
  25. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    Scary Movie 3 was hilarious. I enjoyed it. Sure, there are few stupid parts in it, like when Cindy can't spell seven days. But it was extremely funny. Good, funny movie.
  26. raVen
    Aug 30, 2004
    I find this movie to be bad, but bad in a very special way. Elsewhere jokes about feuding rappers and bimbo sexpots are extremely tedious. But here they are very nearly virtues, relative to the rest of the material. Indeed, scenes between the hiphop stars and/or actors playing hiphop stars are quite funny. And so I give two points for that, and one for giving the aliens the second kitchen I find this movie to be bad, but bad in a very special way. Elsewhere jokes about feuding rappers and bimbo sexpots are extremely tedious. But here they are very nearly virtues, relative to the rest of the material. Indeed, scenes between the hiphop stars and/or actors playing hiphop stars are quite funny. And so I give two points for that, and one for giving the aliens the second kitchen knife. But if this movie were not sold as a sequel, (I didn't see the first two) I can only assume that the pitch to the studio heads would have been: "Let's make a movie in which we beat up a little kid!" Because that is really the one unifying joke throughout the whole deal. Which is fine, I guess, if the kid doesn't mind seeing himself like that - just as the rappers didn't mind poking fun at their gangster images - it just gets old. Where the bottom really fell out for me was when they brought in the not-so-subtle reference to sexual abuse by Catholic priests and tried to make it funny, a la Daryl Hammond. If I were Catholic, I might take it in stride. But if I were a victim of such abuse? No. No thank you. I find no good way to laugh about that. And since this was apparently the cleanest of the three, I'm glad I avoided the others. Expand
  27. LizzyandRia
    Jul 3, 2004
    This movie was **** compared to the first two. Only funny one was the black chick who always disses the white chick. she was in all three and she is THE BEST ACTRESS EVER!!! "I know you better get out of my FACE!"
  28. ZW
    Jul 25, 2004
    I thought this movie was funny. Almost every part was funny. I give this movie an A+.
  29. SachinS.
    Jun 5, 2004
    This movie was hilarious. The only bad part is it didn't have the same people as the 1st and 2nd. if it did it would have been a 10.
  30. Smenkharon
    May 22, 2004
    The worst "comedy" I have seen since Zoolander. No laughs, just a few chuckles. Tired, rehashed Abrahams/Zucker jokes, people running into things and getting hit in the crotch. The loss of the Wayans writing was devastating. I can only recommend this to children, an adult mind that finds this amusing must have mental deficiencies.
  31. JesseN.
    May 31, 2004
    Enough already, downright, plainold, STUPID. Ill give the ring joke in the begining to you, that's all!
  32. SaerA.
    May 23, 2004
    (6.5) Scary Movie 3 delivers non-stop laughs and non-stop scenes that get so annoying.
  33. GaborA.
    May 24, 2004
    No exaggeration, there are two jokes in this movie that utterly justify seeing it. Best gags ever, and unlike its predecessors it didn't crush humor with disgust.
  34. SarahP.
    May 25, 2004
    Brandon was right on the nose with this one. A waste of two hour of my life I'll never get back.
  35. Kelly
    Jun 1, 2004
    I found this movie to be quite humorous. the filmmakers did their job in creating a cheesy-funny movie with crude humor accompanied by bad actors.
  36. HelenN.
    Oct 25, 2003
    This whole movie was full of slapsticks...people juz kept on getting hit and it was supposedly hilarious...there were a few incredibly funny parts...but the rest juz seemed to be so "three stooges" like...i expected alot more...and it seemed to want to appeal to guys with the whole pamela anderson flashing her boobs thing...and the simon cowell scene was juz not funny to me...
  37. T-Bone
    Oct 25, 2003
    Does anyone remember the movie The Stupids with Tom Arnold? This movie is worse than that, you'd have to be 10 years old to like it.
  38. MitchM.
    Oct 25, 2003
    The VERY few funny moments were incredibly funny, but not nearly enough to sustain the film through its second half.
  39. DevonN.
    Oct 25, 2003
    OMG This movie was hilarious! Funny from start to finish! Must see!! Much better than the first 2!
  40. StaceyG.
    Oct 24, 2003
    Hilarious, some of the jokes miss but others are bang on, even things that would normally seem stupid are made into laugh riotes because of the fun atmosphere set in the first few scenes. Charlie Sheen is good as a leading character and even the non-spoof jokes are funny and sometimes better than the movie jokes. All in all i had a great time after the dissapointing scary movie 2. i will Hilarious, some of the jokes miss but others are bang on, even things that would normally seem stupid are made into laugh riotes because of the fun atmosphere set in the first few scenes. Charlie Sheen is good as a leading character and even the non-spoof jokes are funny and sometimes better than the movie jokes. All in all i had a great time after the dissapointing scary movie 2. i will see this again before it leaves theatres and i certain that i will laugh again and again, not as much as seeing it for the first tme but remember... AGAIN AND AGAIN. i dont even like stupid comedies but Scary movie three had no sick jokes, it was creative and almost perfect. a good movie to watch with your teen because i asure all you adults it wont be as bad as you think. i was surprised it got a 48 review on metacritc (yellow background i.e. mixed reviews). A slap stick comedy spoof would usualy get in the mid twentys, kind of simalir to a horror flick. For a movie like Scary movie 3 to get a decent 48 is a lot better then it sounds, basically i would think a 48 for this would end up as a good 70 for anything else. Expand
  41. MichaelK.
    Oct 24, 2003
    This movie was amazing. It was way better than the first, and of course better than the second. It is filled will straight up hilariousness and a huge cast of well known people
  42. Dr.Steve
    Nov 15, 2003
    It made me laugh. It's a comedy, and that's what it is supposed to do. There were stretches that were less sparkling, but it got funnier as the movie progressed. I probably didn't even get all the jokes, as I didn't see a lot of the movies that they lampooned this time around. I thought it was better that 2, but not as good as the first. On a related note, why we It made me laugh. It's a comedy, and that's what it is supposed to do. There were stretches that were less sparkling, but it got funnier as the movie progressed. I probably didn't even get all the jokes, as I didn't see a lot of the movies that they lampooned this time around. I thought it was better that 2, but not as good as the first. On a related note, why we don't we see more of Anna Faris? She's very pretty and has an obvious flair for comedy. Expand
  43. DannyC.
    Oct 26, 2003
    There are only 3 types of people in the world who would hate this movie...soccer moms, ....., and people who like Michael Bay movies.
  44. CameronS.
    Oct 28, 2003
    It was funny.
  45. PatC.
    Oct 30, 2003
    Awful. The only funny parts were in the previews. PG-13 rating really takes the fun out of the movie.
  46. Spriggangirl
    Oct 27, 2003
    Okay,well here's a starter.
  47. Andrew
    Oct 30, 2003
    I cant believe i actually went to see this movie. it was the worst. i wanted to hang myself, only there was no rope to do so. one of the worst parodies i have ever seen.
  48. John
    Nov 1, 2003
    This movie felt as if its running time was too long because the laughs were somewhat inconsistent. However, it definitely has its moments, and is good to go see with friends.
  49. Thomas
    Nov 6, 2003
  50. BunifaJ.
    Nov 24, 2003
    Oh no! N#%%!@ this movie was damn good strait trippin. I can't baleav dos wayanzz brothaz aint in it tho. snap snap. Mad props to my best friend Katie "The zster" Patterson for makin dis an injoyabull experaunce. SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP
  51. CodyC.
    Oct 31, 2003
    It is great!!! I liked when the wayans did the movie better but it is still a good movie.
  52. RichardG.
    Nov 2, 2003
    This movie was stupid, It lacked the "Wayans sense of humor" about it, and at times was just plain stupid. The Leading actress was terrible, they should have let the girl that had the fake seisure, and the fake burning hand be the leading actress... she was funny. Anyway, the plot was in shambles, and this movie didnt keep me laughing, at times I felt unentertained and disinterested.
  53. AlexO.
    Nov 8, 2003
    Oh man was this movie funny! It was hillarious. But for the older, more mature people out there, this movie is definitely not for you. It has the humor that a teenager would love!
  54. WAKOJAKO
    Jan 6, 2004
    Dumb, cheap, fun.
  55. KristinD.
    Jan 19, 2004
    Scary Movie 3 is hilarious. True, it is not the best comedy in the whole entire world, but it is better than lots of other movies!
  56. DarkAngel
    Jan 17, 2004
    It's so funny because 4 thoses ppl who have seen the ring ect thy will no wot its about and scary movie 3 is takin tht and changin it so we just cant help but laugh.
  57. Brandon
    Mar 20, 2004
    I dont know, maybe i had a bad day when i saw this piece of crap. first of all it was on opening day and it was sold out. So me and some friends bought the tickets for about 8 o' clock. 10 dollars for that ticket. We went in and it was over flowed with kids...im a senior in H.S. i dont have anything wrong with kids but this was like Chuckee Cheese. the movie hardly...HARDLY made me I dont know, maybe i had a bad day when i saw this piece of crap. first of all it was on opening day and it was sold out. So me and some friends bought the tickets for about 8 o' clock. 10 dollars for that ticket. We went in and it was over flowed with kids...im a senior in H.S. i dont have anything wrong with kids but this was like Chuckee Cheese. the movie hardly...HARDLY made me laugh. I didnt find anything funny about it whatsoever. They tried so hard and it didnt even matter. The lost the R rating along with the Waynes Brothers which in my opinion made the first two Scary Movies (literally) and along with that the franchise. Congrats! you killed Scary Movie. This movie was crap...i hated every second of it, i actually felt like walking back and getting my 10 bucks so i could buy me something nice. Horrible. The only movie worst then this is Dumb and Dumberer..which is probably the worst movie i have ever seen. Collapse
  58. TylerK.
    Jan 23, 2004
    This is a very funny movie but the only reason I'm giving it an 8 is because some of the stuff in the trailer wasn't in the movie. Charlie Sheen steals the movie but Anna Faris fights back with some funny lines. The Michael Jackson bit is stupid but I cracked up big time. The DVD will be released May 11, 2004 and I can't wait. The aliens in the movie are dumb because they This is a very funny movie but the only reason I'm giving it an 8 is because some of the stuff in the trailer wasn't in the movie. Charlie Sheen steals the movie but Anna Faris fights back with some funny lines. The Michael Jackson bit is stupid but I cracked up big time. The DVD will be released May 11, 2004 and I can't wait. The aliens in the movie are dumb because they look fake and cheap. It's people in a costume retards. Anyway, it's tight will laughter. Expand
  59. Rico
    May 12, 2004
    Sure it's dumb and goofy but the first scene with Pamela and Jenny got me laughing. I thought some of the jokes were stretched very thin. rent the DVD because the deleted scenes, outtakes and bloopers are funnier than the movie itself. Even one of the Making Of features is very funny. What is missing? The hilarious trailer I saw before its theatrical release.
  60. DavidC.
    May 11, 2004
    Not as good as the first one, but a lot, and I mean, a lot better than the second!!!! Rent it for a good laugh, although some of the comedy is too much toilet humor.
  61. GordonR.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Uggh, this movie was terrible. There were some funny elements, but the scene where everyone laughed the most at was when the two guys were trying to bring the girl back to life and end up blowing her up. Also they made the movie look funnier than it really was in the commercials, which were funnier than the movie was.
  62. PeterJ.
    Jan 20, 2005
    The Michael Jackson cameo was the only funny thing in this movie. I can't believe I wasted 90 minutes of my life, and I liked the two previous Scary Movies.
  63. Oct 24, 2010
    why deal with it? it beats the second movie in just one shot. so, its not that big of a deal. the funny material was terrific though.
  64. Jul 8, 2011
    The plot is nonsensical, the jokes offensive and over-the-top and the acting ridiculous...this is one of the best comedies ever written! I love the way that the Scary Movie franchise has to parody everything, however I raised my eyebrows when I saw the Michael Jackson-y scene.
  65. Sep 24, 2012
    With the third film in the Scary Movie franchise, David Zucker adds a certain level of competence to proceedings, the addition of Leslie Nielsen is always a positive, and Charlie Sheen playing Mel Gibson's character from Signs is a stroke of comedy genius. The film just about hits the good joke quota, and Anna Farris is still mildly amusing and gets the job done reprising her ditsy leadWith the third film in the Scary Movie franchise, David Zucker adds a certain level of competence to proceedings, the addition of Leslie Nielsen is always a positive, and Charlie Sheen playing Mel Gibson's character from Signs is a stroke of comedy genius. The film just about hits the good joke quota, and Anna Farris is still mildly amusing and gets the job done reprising her ditsy lead role. The best film parody is 8 Mile (which incorporates a certain egotistical British talent judge playing himself) which is a bit odd considering the film is a "Scary Movie". All the film spoofs are pretty well executed, probably slicker than they ever have been in this series, and in much of Zucker's own career, though it's a bit odd that so few of the parodies relate directly to the horror genre. The whole film still never quite comes together - some of the gags fall flat, and some of it is just plain embarrassing, and not in an intentionally hilarious way. While the vast majority of the jokes and parodies will at least raise a smile, Scary Movie 3's main achievement is unfortunately reminding you how good David Zucker used to be, but no longer is. His current work can still loosely be classed as comedy, so at least he's doing a bit better than his early writing partners, brother Jerry and Jim Abrahams, but David must still be pining for the good old days of Airplane!, Naked Gun and even BASEketball. Expand
  66. Sep 2, 2012
    All the scary movie's are pretty stupid but this one seem to have more of a cohesive story and the comedy will make you laugh so hard you might not stop laughing.
  67. Jan 3, 2013
    Very well made movie. I expected less and I found lots of fun.
  68. Mar 12, 2013
    Easily one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life. It's stupid and with no sense! I give it the bare minimum, because i just hate this movie. The worst choice you can make if you choose to watch it.
  69. Apr 11, 2013
    Scary Movie 3 starts to return some funny (and somewhat smart) humour back into the franchise, but it still manages to place in some terrible jokes within it as well. This sequel also manages to be much more entertaining than that awful first sequel, but it feels messy at times and the pacing is all over the place. Overall, it is an improvement over Scary Movie 2 and is entertaining atScary Movie 3 starts to return some funny (and somewhat smart) humour back into the franchise, but it still manages to place in some terrible jokes within it as well. This sequel also manages to be much more entertaining than that awful first sequel, but it feels messy at times and the pacing is all over the place. Overall, it is an improvement over Scary Movie 2 and is entertaining at times, but the humour is still hit-and-miss. Expand
  70. Jun 15, 2013
    Scary Movie 3 lazily spoofs films ranging from The Ring to Signs and adds in a few scenes that involve people being hit in the crouch or falling over. If that’s your idea of comedy then you’ll love this.
  71. Jun 20, 2013
    Maybe my favorite Scary Movie of the 5. The plot made some sense, it wasn't scary at all but the funny sceens where cool. The Ring is a good movie also (part of the parody in this movie) so it was funny as i expected.
  72. Aug 16, 2013
    Much better than the second Scary Movie and actually quite surprising. The humour of David Zucker (Airplane) is much better than the Wayans brothers. I mainly enjoyed this because of Leslie Nielsen who is always hilarious and played Dr Rumack himself in Airplane (the Don't Call Me Shirley guy). Scary Movie 3 may not be the most intellectual comedy ever but it is enjoyable overall.
  73. Mar 11, 2014
    i love regina hall she is funny in this movie . i also love anna faris in this as well but i cant wait to see . marlon wayan's haunted house 2 if some of you hate this see your up next or paraonormal : marked ones movie instead
  74. Apr 20, 2014
    The 2 first were really better than this **** ass movie.Well at least there is 1 or 2 funny jokes but the rest it's just crap.I do not recommend this movie only because the first were way much better.
  75. Jul 12, 2014
    i liked it very much. got some hilarious Scenes in here. great comedy
  76. Feb 1, 2015
    Scary Movie 3 is a 2003 American science fiction horror comedy parody film, which parodies the horror, sci-fi, and mystery genres, directed by David Zucker. It is the third film of the Scary Movie franchise, as well as the first to have no involvement from the Wayans family. The film's plot significantly parodies the films The Ring, Signs, The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded and 8 Mile.
  77. Mar 16, 2016
    MEDIOCRE, but guilty pleasure
    This movie and the 1st one in the series are two of my all time guilty pleasures.
    I admit is not a great film but I'll admit I found it really funny.
    And I still think this one is better than the first.
    For god sake what other movie can make fun of the ring and signs at the same time?

1. Scary Movie 3 is a veritable time capsule of of-this-moment kitsch, schlock and bad taste. And it's funny, too.
  2. The franchise, which had begun to run out of steam in Part 2, has been given a shot of adrenaline with the replacement of the Wayans Brothers as the prime creative forces by Hollywood's original spoof-meister, David Zucker.
  3. The decision to overhaul the Scary Movie franchise by sending up such non-horror titles as "8 Mile" and "The Matrix Reloaded" also pays dividends.