5.9

1. Jan 5, 2012
    Anna Faris leave this franchise now so it can be so bad it will stop making movies. As unoriginal as expected and silly, stupid and offensive. I will always wonder why this franchise is making money at all. It has everything bad from all four movies. I do not think the series will ever be good again. I give this movie 24%.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    A stupid movie which is only mildly amusing, and only mildly amusing every 10 minutes. Leslie Nielsen has less screen time to Scary Movie 3 which is always a bad sign. The acting is terrible, the special effects are terrible, the plot is terrible but the jokes are alright.
  3. Oct 24, 2010
    my god! the whole franchise just gets funnier and funnier every time. this movie is extremely funny!
  4. Sep 24, 2012
    David Zucker's second stab at a Scary Movie is about as hit-and-miss as his first attempt. Leslie Nielsen is still great (when was he not?), and his not too subtle moronic presidential parody of George W. Bush has to deal with various threats to the planet from various Hollywood genres, with help from returning haphazard heroine Cindy (Anna Farris) and Craig Bierko, who's playing Tom Cruise from Spielberg's War of the Worlds. Easily the funniest scene in the film is the prologue, which finds Dr Phil and Shaquille O'Neal imprisoned in the infamous Saw bathroom. All the J-Horror spoofs (dominated by The Grudge) are also executed pretty well, but like always with this series, when the humour becomes lazily crude and body function-obsessed, the film achieves more in terms of sheer annoyance than anything that actually makes you laugh. I'm not saying Zucker is a dignified comedy genius lowering himself to depravity for the first time - Airplane and Naked gun were often very juvenile, but this kind of humour was well-timed and balanced with different kinds of jokes. When a film only uses gross-out comedy to promote childish snickers, then it comes across as incredibly shallow and unmemorable. Thankfully, Scary Movie 4, like its predecessor, has a couple of memorable and funny sequences, but the big laughs are few and far between. Expand
  5. Jul 14, 2011
    This is by no means a great film, but it's by no means a bad one either. I found it funny, charming, and a great film to watch with your friends on a Friday night at 10:00. Granted, the movie's Citizen Kane compared to any of the Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Disaster Movie, or Vampires Suck crap that's been released, but that's not saying much.
  6. Oct 9, 2011
    This type of movie is ever dumb and poor but I always forgave them because I could smile once or twice. But this time I didn't laugh because I was too busy trying to not walk away from it.
  7. Nov 17, 2011
    Scary Movie 4 is not good, another victim to the "stupidity" category. Other than delivering a few retarded laughs the movie kinda fails in every way. The plot is just plain whimsical and I couldn't understand half the crap going on, they parodied great horror movies to create this one stupid comedy movie. The acting is fairly decent but the dialogue is retarded too, it sounded like an immature 12 year old wrote, full of toilet jokes and dumb inappropriateness. Overall, Scary Movie 4 is bad and I don't recommend it to any one unless you're looking for some retarded laughs. Breakdown for "Scary Movie 4": Presentation: 3.5, Plot: 2.1, Dialogue: 2.0, Acting: 4, Lasting Appeal: 3.0. Score: 3.2 out of 10 "Bad" Expand
  8. Nov 23, 2011
    This was humorous and yet too goofy. I would say that this isn't one of the best Scary Movies I've seen, but I like this film. Some disturbing moments, but hilarious dialogue.
  9. Apr 11, 2013
    Scary Movie 4 is the most technically advance film in the franchise (both visually and physically), but it somehow lacks the liveliness (if any of the previous instalments had that) of the previous instalments. This sequel is definitely entertaining and fun at times, but as usual, the humour is still hit-and-miss and the film may take itself a little serious at times and in the end it begins to feel cheesy and corny. Overall, Scary Movie 4 is fun, but needs plenty of improvement. Expand
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    You are beginning to see this is starting to get old with its recycled jokes. Scary Movie 4 has its moments but also carries a laziness that doesn't make it has funny as its predecessors.
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    While this installment follows an actual story, it doesn't deliver as much on the raunchy funny scenes. The series is loosing steam. It becomes more difficult to realize whether you are laughing at the jokes or the movie itself.
  12. Jan 3, 2013
    This is the worst of the series after the second part.
  13. Jun 20, 2013
    This was the first Scary Movie i saw, didn't watched the first 3 before this one so i had no expectations. It was scary and funny, what i expect from it. Nothing much to say except that there was a lot of part to laugh and some scary parts but nothing too great, i liked the way they did the "Saw" and "Ju-On" parody.
  14. Jan 6, 2013
    Boring. The only good scene was tri-pod.
  15. Jun 9, 2013
    The last of the series (that's right I hardly count the fifth entry as part of the series) is still very funny and while the first and third are just that little bit better it still triumphs over the second. War of the Worlds and The Grudge are the main parodies here along with some other pop culture references. Cindy and Brenda are of course back again joined this time by Tom replacing George. Overall a good way to end what was a great series before that fifth one came along and screwed it up! Expand
  16. Mar 12, 2013
    This movie is actually funny, because it's dumb as Nothing compares to the stupidity of this movie! If you wish the best for your IQ, don't watch it!
  17. Mar 1, 2014
    Another great installement to a hilarious series. I'm particularly happy the some of the main actors for the original "scary movie" have returned to star in this great sequel
  18. Apr 20, 2014
    This one is even worst than the 3 it's incredible.There is 1 or 2 laughs but the story of war of the worlds is bad already bad why do you pick it to make a worst movie? just why.
  19. Jul 12, 2014
    its watchable, got some good Scenes but nothing more. order 1,3,2,4,5

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Worse than Scary Movies 1 through 3… And they were terrible.
  2. And as ever, the jokes are a jumble of the gross, the baggy, the raunchy, the mistimed, and - every once in a while - the refreshingly incorrect.
  3. The humor emphasizes quantity over quality, but the batting average isn't too bad. And where else can you witness Leslie Nielsen do a nude scene?