Scary Movie 4

5.8

1. AdamE
    Apr 19, 2007
    So bad it's good, then bad, then good, then finally bad. A bunch of immature jokes that revert to repetitive toilet/sex jokes rather than actual spoof.
  2. ReeceS.
    Jan 31, 2007
    Funny if you're a 2 year old.
  3. Jan 5, 2012
    Anna Faris leave this franchise now so it can be so bad it will stop making movies. As unoriginal as expected and silly, stupid and offensive. I will always wonder why this franchise is making money at all. It has everything bad from all four movies. I do not think the series will ever be good again. I give this movie 24%.
  4. MaxE.
    Apr 20, 2006
    There is a fine line between parody and satire, and it seems to me, especially from seeing the Scary Movie films, that only one of these genres work. How can I clarify this? Scary Movie is a parody. This is Spinal Tap is a satire. Parodies poke fun at something and sometimes retell a story in a comic or ridiculing way. Satires usually create their own story and actually play to be fans of There is a fine line between parody and satire, and it seems to me, especially from seeing the Scary Movie films, that only one of these genres work. How can I clarify this? Scary Movie is a parody. This is Spinal Tap is a satire. Parodies poke fun at something and sometimes retell a story in a comic or ridiculing way. Satires usually create their own story and actually play to be fans of the works they are mimicking. Either can be funny and that is what their intentions are, they are usually sub-genres of comedy. The problem with The Scary Movie films are they are parodies that keep poking fun at something that it continuously keeps doing so that you almost pitty the work they are mimicking. These movies parody horror movies, usually of the last few years, though the first two movies in the franchise played off the classics. I found this in much better taste, considering more people could get a kick out of them. The last two films do just the opposite and it is clear that the movies have established their target audience, the people who have gone to the theater to go see these recent crappy horror films. The third film was much better than its previous, especially introducing Leslie Nielsen as the idiotic and Expand
  5. Dohers
    Apr 14, 2006
    Watched this film yesterday, it was really terrible. The humor is immature and stupid and is just sick alot of the time - may I point out I'm a teenager, soif I find it immature, what would most people feel about it. Another problem with it also is that many of the jokes are reused from other shows. There is one example when they try to steal clothes by beating the person up but just Watched this film yesterday, it was really terrible. The humor is immature and stupid and is just sick alot of the time - may I point out I'm a teenager, soif I find it immature, what would most people feel about it. Another problem with it also is that many of the jokes are reused from other shows. There is one example when they try to steal clothes by beating the person up but just get beaten up and you feel like shouting "That's off The Simpsons!". Its just a shame that they waste the talent of Leslie Nielson on this tripe, concidering hilarious films like Airplane. Expand
  6. TalentClause
    Apr 15, 2006
    There's both good and bad things to say about this movie. First, the bad. This movie was chock full of slapstick comedy that was comparable of a 6th grade boy running into a wall 32 times in a row in order to get attention. After the 2nd time it loses its appeal, yet it never ends... ever. The parody aspect of the movie was so lackluster that many of the people in the theater were There's both good and bad things to say about this movie. First, the bad. This movie was chock full of slapstick comedy that was comparable of a 6th grade boy running into a wall 32 times in a row in order to get attention. After the 2nd time it loses its appeal, yet it never ends... ever. The parody aspect of the movie was so lackluster that many of the people in the theater were like "What movie is that from?" I will be the first to admit there are a large amount of stupid people in my geographic area (no I don't live in Alabama), but there was not a single incident in the entire movie that motivated me or any of the surrounding viewers to give even a sympathy laugh. However, the good part about this movie was that I snuck into it after watchin Ice Age 2. Overall assessment - not a single shred of talent - 0 out of 10. Expand
  7. DavidF.
    Apr 22, 2006
    Easily the worst of the Scary Movie filmms. The jokes on the most part were terrible, there were log periods of time when the cinema was quiet! About as bad as Goldmember.
  8. Hein
    May 3, 2006
    Stop desturbing me with this kind of movies! Bah! Maybe funny for kinds born in 1998!
  9. LoganW.
    May 7, 2006
    The series has lost it's touch. There is an odd laugh now and again, but nothing to justify wasting good time over.
  10. Mr.hankey
    Apr 16, 2006
    The acting was poor and abysmal, the humor was undeniably pathetic and the movie was just as bad as anything else you could see this year. As the opening scene plays into key you see Shaq or Shaquille O' Neal in the clutches of the murderer in the movie " Saw " with him is a man in a corner which is Dr. Phil. Now what do you think about this? Dr. Phil and Shaq in a movie don't The acting was poor and abysmal, the humor was undeniably pathetic and the movie was just as bad as anything else you could see this year. As the opening scene plays into key you see Shaq or Shaquille O' Neal in the clutches of the murderer in the movie " Saw " with him is a man in a corner which is Dr. Phil. Now what do you think about this? Dr. Phil and Shaq in a movie don't go near it please. It just isn't funny, I laughed once because I felt uncomfortable sitting in the movie theatre watching this pathetic excuse for a movie. Expand
  11. LittleB.
    Apr 17, 2006
    I used to think House of the Dead was the worst movie ever. Then i saw scary movie 4.
  12. SurgeU.
    Apr 17, 2006
    Some people may say that this movie doesnt deserve a zero, unfortunatley this scale doesn't go any lower. This movie complelety killed the greatness that was scary movie 1 and 2. They completley killed the series so that it only appeals to 6th graders. If you want to see a funny movie watch kung pow or something cuz this movie is crapp.
  13. Rev.Rikard
    Apr 18, 2006
    How many times can a person be struck in the head in one movie? This film has to hold the record. When I left it felt as though I had been hit in the head. I would love to pronounce the benediction over this series!
  14. Melissa
    Apr 17, 2006
    This movie is def. going on my list for the worst movies I have ever seen. They should just stop making these movies because they just keep getting worse with each one. Scary movie 4 was not funny at all. I don't recommend this to anyone.
  15. RexG.
    May 23, 2006
    And the decline continues where it stopped in the last part. It's just old - mentally as demanding as banging your head at a wall for 83 minutes. The concept might've been funny in the first part because it was new but now I at least have to be very drunk to laugh about jokes made in that movie.
  16. RogerD.
    Aug 19, 2006
    A majority of the jokes lack originality, a few were alright, but the movie as a whole was horrible, recycled humor from 1,2, and 3. I think seeing someone get hit in the face gets old pretty fast, but the director of this movie seems to think its hilarious. NOT worth watching...
  17. Oct 9, 2011
    This type of movie is ever dumb and poor but I always forgave them because I could smile once or twice. But this time I didn't laugh because I was too busy trying to not walk away from it.
  18. Nov 17, 2011
    Scary Movie 4 is not good, another victim to the "stupidity" category. Other than delivering a few retarded laughs the movie kinda fails in every way. The plot is just plain whimsical and I couldn't understand half the crap going on, they parodied great horror movies to create this one stupid comedy movie. The acting is fairly decent but the dialogue is retarded too, it sounded like anScary Movie 4 is not good, another victim to the "stupidity" category. Other than delivering a few retarded laughs the movie kinda fails in every way. The plot is just plain whimsical and I couldn't understand half the crap going on, they parodied great horror movies to create this one stupid comedy movie. The acting is fairly decent but the dialogue is retarded too, it sounded like an immature 12 year old wrote, full of toilet jokes and dumb inappropriateness. Overall, Scary Movie 4 is bad and I don't recommend it to any one unless you're looking for some retarded laughs. Breakdown for "Scary Movie 4": Presentation: 3.5, Plot: 2.1, Dialogue: 2.0, Acting: 4, Lasting Appeal: 3.0. Score: 3.2 out of 10 "Bad" Expand
  19. Jan 6, 2013
    Boring. The only good scene was tri-pod.
  20. Mar 12, 2013
    This movie is actually funny, because it's dumb as Nothing compares to the stupidity of this movie! If you wish the best for your IQ, don't watch it!

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Worse than Scary Movies 1 through 3… And they were terrible.
  2. And as ever, the jokes are a jumble of the gross, the baggy, the raunchy, the mistimed, and - every once in a while - the refreshingly incorrect.
  3. The humor emphasizes quantity over quality, but the batting average isn't too bad. And where else can you witness Leslie Nielsen do a nude scene?