Scary Movie 5

2.6

1. Jul 8, 2013
    Scary Movie 5 is silly but entertaining although it is stupid, it is a fun dumb time. One thing I liked in this movie besides it delivered some laughs, it has a good way in connecting the spoofs, like how Black Swan is in Paranormal Activity? And how Evil Dead has a place in the movie, I give it a point for that!
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie is okay, but not as funny as the previous installments I always liked the first, because of how it separated itself from traditional comedies, but this movie goes in the ranks of 'Vampires Suck' and 'Movie 43'...just clones of what was funny. In my opinion, go see 'A haunted house', they beat 'Scary Movie' to the punch with the 'Paranormal Activity' theme and it has that Marlon Waynes charm. Expand
  3. May 19, 2013
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Still a better love story than twilight.
  4. Apr 17, 2013
    It's the worst of the five, so I'll get that out of the way, but it's still an entertaining film and it's definitely not the worst of the spoof films that are out there. Some of the actors are back from the past films but all playing different characters. They blended a number of films together quite well and while it had its funny moments it also really missed the mark on a lot of jokes.It's the worst of the five, so I'll get that out of the way, but it's still an entertaining film and it's definitely not the worst of the spoof films that are out there. Some of the actors are back from the past films but all playing different characters. They blended a number of films together quite well and while it had its funny moments it also really missed the mark on a lot of jokes. It's going to get bagged out regardless and only fans of the series will probably enjoy it like I did. Expand
  5. Apr 26, 2013
    Is it the worst of the five yes
    does it have over the top stupid humor that i know the 13 year olds inside of us loves then yes
    over all i did like it a bit
  6. Apr 12, 2013
    First off, let me just say that it's almost like re-watching "A Haunted House." Which is kind of weird, but I'm not going to say that it's terrible, but it wasn't one of the best in the series either. This one didn't really impress me like Scary Movies 1 and 3. But it wasn't as bad as the second one. I say it's kind of at a tie with the 4th Scary Movie. The movie struggles to keep usFirst off, let me just say that it's almost like re-watching "A Haunted House." Which is kind of weird, but I'm not going to say that it's terrible, but it wasn't one of the best in the series either. This one didn't really impress me like Scary Movies 1 and 3. But it wasn't as bad as the second one. I say it's kind of at a tie with the 4th Scary Movie. The movie struggles to keep us entertained with it's cheesy humorous spoofs on movies like "Paranormal Activity" and even "Inception". It has its humorous moments, but still, the humor lacks the cheesiness from Scary Movie 1 and 3. Plus, there was some bad acting from Ashley Tisdale, Ben Cornish and surprisingly, Simon Rex. Puls, the Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan scene wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. Overall, it has its moments, but still lacks the good quality humor that I was looking for. Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2013
    I mean if you go into it thinking you just want a couple of laughs you may or may not like it, but eh whatever its a Scary Movie film nothing spectacular. Hey a hell of a lot better then Avatar and Hunger Games. Anna Faris really shouldve stayed her Ashley Tisdale was okay.
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    This instalment is definitely weaker than original and its second sequel, though better than that god awful first sequel and slightly around the par of the third sequel. Scary Movie 5 delivers more of the same; an odd mix of dumb and smart humour (mainly really dumb) and an odd pace. Besides being utterly awful at times, this sequel does offer some amusing moments and nice littleThis instalment is definitely weaker than original and its second sequel, though better than that god awful first sequel and slightly around the par of the third sequel. Scary Movie 5 delivers more of the same; an odd mix of dumb and smart humour (mainly really dumb) and an odd pace. Besides being utterly awful at times, this sequel does offer some amusing moments and nice little references to other horror films, and is actually entertaining (only when it wants to be...and succeeds). This film isn't as bad as people make it out to be but it still isn't very good. Expand
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    i liked when regina hall was in scary movie . but this movie is funny and retarted in two ways . if they make scary movie 6 please god make it funny and put regina hall in it also marlon wayans .
  10. Jun 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I actually liked the Scary Movie franchise, but after seeing this one I hope they just end it. The only redeeming qualities of this movie were that it had some funny parts, such as the Black Swan parody. I felt that there was not much focus on actually parodying scary movies, and too much on movies like Inception and Stuart Little. Other than the Black Swan bit, which seemed to be well thought out, the rest of the movie was filled with pathetic attempts at humor. I think it's time to just end the franchise, and the parody cow has been milked enough. Expand
  11. Aug 10, 2013
    I must agree with most reviews; "Scary Movie V" is not exactly worth your money, but that doesn't mean it's not worth your time. If you're expecting a story driven comedy drama with superb acting that will leave you with an "awe", this is not it. If, however, you're looking for a parody that brings some ridiculous laughs, it is all that. The movie cracked me up at some points due to itsI must agree with most reviews; "Scary Movie V" is not exactly worth your money, but that doesn't mean it's not worth your time. If you're expecting a story driven comedy drama with superb acting that will leave you with an "awe", this is not it. If, however, you're looking for a parody that brings some ridiculous laughs, it is all that. The movie cracked me up at some points due to its dry and stupid humor, which isn't a bad thing at all! (Yes, especially you had me laughing, "electronic toothbrush"...) As someone who enjoys the best of movies, I have to agree that this one was fun to watch too, as long as you start seeing it knowing you'll have to rely on your immature state of mind. Expand
  12. Aug 24, 2013
    This was OK, and it did get a few laughs out of me, especially scenes that spoofed movies that I have seen. It was a good way to waste an hour and a half. I liked it, but I think that the last one was funnier. The poster wasn't entirely truthful about all of the movies that it spoofed.
  13. Aug 26, 2013
    This movie would have been funnier if Regina Hall and Anna Faris were in it instead of Ashley Tisdale. Because of the casting error, I think the jokes fell flat. Or everyone is just tired of "Paranormal Activity" spoofs.
  14. Sep 16, 2013
    The lowest form of comedy. Scary MoVie fails at being funny, fails at being enjoyable and fails at having a story. They couldn't even manage that! However it does succeed at not being boring. Although that isn't exactly very hard.
  15. Oct 4, 2013
    Hate me, but I kind of enjoyed this. The only reason I saw this fifth installment in a movie series I never heard of was because my friend said it was the funniest movie ever. A bit inappropriate and the strings for flying effects are obvious, but giving this the score it's been getting is an exaggeration to me. Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are directors that spoof popular ones, and IHate me, but I kind of enjoyed this. The only reason I saw this fifth installment in a movie series I never heard of was because my friend said it was the funniest movie ever. A bit inappropriate and the strings for flying effects are obvious, but giving this the score it's been getting is an exaggeration to me. Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are directors that spoof popular ones, and I haven't seen any of their movies but I really think they have yet to make a movie that shows off their real talent. Yes, they didn't direct this one, but they were a part of it. And hey, at least this isn't as creepy as Vampires Suck seems nor as immature as the upcoming Starving Games. Expand
  16. Apr 10, 2014
    Scary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guest roles and that did not bring the movie upwards. I don't know what's with the Snoop Dogg and Mike Tyson's cameo, anyway the movie was almost crap.Scary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guest roles and that did not bring the movie upwards. I don't know what's with the Snoop Dogg and Mike Tyson's cameo, anyway the movie was almost crap.

During the watch I almost sat idle throughout the movie without having a laugh. I believe that was not intended to give the viewers by this filmmaker, but that is what really happened to me. I know they won't stop here with this, so I say better luck with the next movie of this series.
  17. Nov 22, 2014
    Scary MoVie was so stupid, so stupid it was funny. The stupendous comedy is the only reason the movie is a 4 out of 10. Vacuums snorting cocaine, LMFAO.
  18. May 25, 2015
    Definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. That being said, Scary Movie 5 is a generic spoof comedy with generic jokes that are derived from its predecessors, but do generate a few chuckles here and there. Overall I would not recommend this movie to anybody. 4/10

Overwhelming dislike - based on 16 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Leah Churner
    Apr 17, 2013
    SM5 tanked opening weekend, which may toll the knell for this property.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    Apr 15, 2013
    Scary Movie V murdered my capacity to feel joy.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Apr 15, 2013
    That every jibe lands woefully wide is no surprise, though we’ll give leading lady Ashley Tisdale credit for giving her all to a film that mercifully won’t be around long enough to do any lasting damage to her post-High School Musical career.