Weinstein Company, The | Release Date: April 12, 2013
2.6
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 361 Ratings
WATCH NOW
GamecubeLoverOct 8, 2016
While I rate other scary movies a 10 this one gets a 7 and why? Well the jokes are good and acting is okay but in the middle of the movie it just gets boring and the jokes don't have charm.
PachekoviskMar 16, 2016
The 4th one - Bad
...
This one - ..... THE WORST ONE
BrandonBonaseraMar 8, 2016
Despite being slightly more watchable than Scary Movie 2 and having a few nice references here and there, Scary Movie 5 is mostly an unfunny bore that cannot reach the low(ish) par of the other films.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 9, 2016
To pretty much sum up Scary Movie 5, it's by far the most unoriginal parody sequel spoof everyone will see in a theater near you or in a DVD everywhere you go.
csw12Nov 26, 2015
It would be hard pressed to produce a worst film than Scary Movie 5. It is a horrible abomination on almost every level and just flat out embarrassing to even look at. You will feel like you died inside every second the movie passes by.
NinthDoctorGuySep 7, 2015
Very, very disappointing. I'm a fan of the Scary Movie series (besides Scary Movie 2) and was very disappointed by this entry. I even enjoyed Scary Movie 2 more than this atrocity! If anything, this movie got a couple of chuckles. At least inVery, very disappointing. I'm a fan of the Scary Movie series (besides Scary Movie 2) and was very disappointed by this entry. I even enjoyed Scary Movie 2 more than this atrocity! If anything, this movie got a couple of chuckles. At least in Scary Movie 2, there were scenes that made me laugh for longer than 30 seconds. This one, only got a couple chuckles. It's sad. Expand
FrenziedPanda99Jul 16, 2015
The worst of the saga Scary Movie (by far ) not caused me any laughter and new actors didnt had any joke. A small note to the participation of snoop dogg that still made ​​me smile a little.
LucasTReviewsJul 12, 2015
Roteiro fraco e personagens que não impressionam fazem de Scary Movie 5 um dos piores filmes de comédia já lançados até então, Ashley Tisdale é o único motivo deste filme não receber nota zero nesta avaliação, pois apesar de seu papel nãoRoteiro fraco e personagens que não impressionam fazem de Scary Movie 5 um dos piores filmes de comédia já lançados até então, Ashley Tisdale é o único motivo deste filme não receber nota zero nesta avaliação, pois apesar de seu papel não convencer se conseguem boas interpretações, e certas piadas funcionam (de forma precária) com a mesma, porém fora isso, o filme é uma vergonha para qualquer admirador do gênero ou da franquia.

Caso haja um sexto filme, que jamais tentem repetir a formula utilizada neste, pois será mais um desastre desnecessário no cinema
BB_CriticMay 25, 2015
Definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. That being said, Scary Movie 5 is a generic spoof comedy with generic jokes that are derived from its predecessors, but do generate a few chuckles here and there. Overall I would notDefinitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. That being said, Scary Movie 5 is a generic spoof comedy with generic jokes that are derived from its predecessors, but do generate a few chuckles here and there. Overall I would not recommend this movie to anybody. 4/10 Expand
CherryxldNov 23, 2014
Scary Movie 5 me dejó un poco sorprendido, esperaba una película mala que contendría un débil atractivo, sin embargo (y para mi sorpresa) fue otra historia.

Scary Movie 5 no solo se burla de películas del género de terror, también se burla de películas de otros géneros., entre algunas de las tantas películas que burlan se encuentran Inception, The Help, Paranormal Activity, Mama, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Cabin in the Woods, entre otras.

La película acierta bien con las burlas, ya que lo hace de una forma cómica y un tanto eficaz., por lo tanto, el film logro estar por encima de mis expectativas y, en conclusión, fue entretenido.
REDWOUNov 22, 2014
Scary MoVie was so stupid, so stupid it was funny. The stupendous comedy is the only reason the movie is a 4 out of 10. Vacuums snorting cocaine, LMFAO.
sebastianglzOct 23, 2014
As a fan of the Scary Movie series, this movie was very disappointment. It make me laugh a few times, specially the part of the lesbian sex, but most of the jokes are forgettable and senseless. I didn't had the chance to saw this movieAs a fan of the Scary Movie series, this movie was very disappointment. It make me laugh a few times, specially the part of the lesbian sex, but most of the jokes are forgettable and senseless. I didn't had the chance to saw this movie because I read the mediocre reviews, but I saw it because Halloween is near and I usually make a marathon of Scary Movie series, but I wasn't expected it was tooooooooooo bad. The plot is mediocre and senseless, how can you make a movie taking Black Swan's plot and Paranormal Activity's plot? Expand
BekoTuranSep 6, 2014
Full of crap. Yeah, first movie was good, but Scary MoVie not even close to the "good". Lay down and look at the ceiling, that will be more entertaining.
rafingal23Aug 26, 2014
I don't usually give movies a zero but this movie is an exception. In my opinion, the Scary Movie series should have stopped at 3. The jokes are stale. The casting was horrible and the plot was terrible. Time for this series to stop.
chwAug 22, 2014
Scary Movie 5 was terrible. Not funny at all, and when it was, I would only partially chuckle. I wouldn't chuckle entirely and it wouldn't make me laugh at all. Basically an Adam Sandler "comedy".
iCronicJul 12, 2014
unbelievable how **** **** this movie is. how the **** you **** up that Franchise, even the 4th one is solid and then is this retarded ****
TheQuietGamerMay 31, 2014
Just like the rest of the series, the humor here is juvenile, crass, and low-brow. However if you're willing to turn off the part of your brain that must take everything seriously you'll find plenty of stupid humor to laugh at. Admittedly IJust like the rest of the series, the humor here is juvenile, crass, and low-brow. However if you're willing to turn off the part of your brain that must take everything seriously you'll find plenty of stupid humor to laugh at. Admittedly I am pretty easily amused, but this movie provided plenty of moments where I was rolling on the floor. It may not be the best or the smartest entry in the series, but I still found it to be pretty hilarious. My total score is a 9.2/10=Amazing. Expand
Jamison12May 25, 2014
Now I have always loved this series, at least the first 3 films, but this is just so bad. It's not stupid funny like the others, it's just stupid. Tisdale is respectable in this film, but the plot sucks. What made the other 4 films better wasNow I have always loved this series, at least the first 3 films, but this is just so bad. It's not stupid funny like the others, it's just stupid. Tisdale is respectable in this film, but the plot sucks. What made the other 4 films better was that their main film that was being parodied was one everyone saw, not everyone has seen Mama, it wasn't a huge film in the box office. The jokes are stale, and any moment when a little bit of comedy shows it's face, it is immoderately lost among the pure crap that is Scary Movie 5 Expand
Meth-dudeApr 20, 2014
No just no. the scary movies are just **** to **** every time there is new one.This one is by far the worst, i don't know if they can do worst because it's not even funny once and i ******* hate this movie.
LeZeeApr 10, 2014
Scary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guestScary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guest roles and that did not bring the movie upwards. I don't know what's with the Snoop Dogg and Mike Tyson's cameo, anyway the movie was almost crap.

During the watch I almost sat idle throughout the movie without having a laugh. I believe that was not intended to give the viewers by this filmmaker, but that is what really happened to me. I know they won't stop here with this, so I say better luck with the next movie of this series.
MovieGuysMar 22, 2014
Please, just stop making these movies. They are not funny nor entertaining. They've become jumbled messes of loose plotting and thrown together dialogue. This has to stop!
lukechristianscMar 11, 2014
i liked when regina hall was in scary movie . but this movie is funny and retarted in two ways . if they make scary movie 6 please god make it funny and put regina hall in it also marlon wayans .
MissDraeMar 1, 2014
Garbage just plain garbage. Horrible story line. Some funny parts along the way but most of the laughs feel forced and fake. I'm embarrassed to say that this is part of the scary movie franchise
Leo9127Jan 16, 2014
This movie is awful, I mean this makes the originals look like Spaceballs, or Hot Shots, the only barely entertaining part of this movie is the cameos of Charlie Sheen, and Lindsay Lohan, think about that.
FedelcaJan 9, 2014
Esto más que una deshonra es una vergüenza total y sin sentido, no puedo creer que haya perdido 1 hora y 20 minutos de mi vida viendo esta cosa que se hace llamar película. No hay nada absolutamente bueno, ni una vez me reí con los "chistes"Esto más que una deshonra es una vergüenza total y sin sentido, no puedo creer que haya perdido 1 hora y 20 minutos de mi vida viendo esta cosa que se hace llamar película. No hay nada absolutamente bueno, ni una vez me reí con los "chistes" de esta película, hasta da vergüenza ajena saber que hay gente que tenga una mente así y este libre para crear (ojalá que no) más bazofias como esta maldita porquería. Scary Movie 5 no merece ningún consuelo ni perdón, no merece a la audiencia, no merece respeto, no merece gracia y ni siquiera merece ser vista. Esta película es una maldita pérdida de tiempo valioso que puedes utilizar en cualquier otra cosa (por ejemplo jugar Grand Theft Auto V). La peor bazofia del año está aquí, no la veas y si la ves hazlo solo, porque sino tus amigos y tú morirán de la impresionante vergüenza ajena que produce esta "película". Cero y desprecio total. Expand
Iky009Jan 3, 2014
A mesma piadinhas em graça que acompanharam a série nos últimos filmes porém esse filme bate o cúmulo do ridículo nas alturas se tornando desagradável.
JNOTRDec 21, 2013
Not wearing the latest style utilizing highly recognized horror movies old and new, the unique horror movies that use this are: Mama, Infernal Possession, La Cabaña and Paranormal Activity terror. This was coming since last giving that putNot wearing the latest style utilizing highly recognized horror movies old and new, the unique horror movies that use this are: Mama, Infernal Possession, La Cabaña and Paranormal Activity terror. This was coming since last giving that put Wars worlds, here on Planet of the Apes (R) evolution, The Black Swan, Inception and for a moment to put the book "Fifties shades of Grey." I did not laugh. Ashley Tisdale disaster. Little participation by many as Mike Tyson, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, etc.. There are many scenes that made me laugh in the trailer that they had not. It shows that not Anna Faris. Expand
moneyisaacDec 17, 2013
this is awesome your all smoking snoop dogs massive joint right now I cant even tell why so many of you people don't know what comedy is plus all the people hating probley didn't even see the movie they just said Lindsey lohan, Charlie sheen=crap
MuffimanNov 13, 2013
This "Movie" is probably one of the worst Movies I've ever seen. I wouldn't even call this comedy, because it's just pure garbage. The "Jokes" are old and not funny at all. Please end this horrible series Even the first one was just okay inThis "Movie" is probably one of the worst Movies I've ever seen. I wouldn't even call this comedy, because it's just pure garbage. The "Jokes" are old and not funny at all. Please end this horrible series Even the first one was just okay in my opinion. Expand
PmLvgnOct 24, 2013
This movie is a piece of sh#t, and it's the worst "Scary Movie".
Why make a fifth opus pls, stop this abomination!
It's not funny but rather pathetic and stupid.