2.5

1. Apr 21, 2013
    The movie is absolutely unwatchable. I hope they never make another one of these horrible movies again. Please save your cash and watch something that's worth your time like 42.
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    I've had about enough with this stupid series. It's not funnny at all and Charlie Sheen is one of the worst actors ever. Scary Movie was good and it should have just been its own film. The series needs to END!!
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    It would be hard pressed to produce a worst film than Scary Movie 5. It is a horrible abomination on almost every level and just flat out embarrassing to even look at. You will feel like you died inside every second the movie passes by.
  4. May 30, 2013
    Without Anna Faris this movie totally sucks!
    She acted so stupid and it makes you laugh.
    In Scary movie 5 are no funny ideas and no clever and funny jokes.
  5. Jul 8, 2013
    Scary Movie 5 is silly but entertaining although it is stupid, it is a fun dumb time. One thing I liked in this movie besides it delivered some laughs, it has a good way in connecting the spoofs, like how Black Swan is in Paranormal Activity? And how Evil Dead has a place in the movie, I give it a point for that!
  6. May 22, 2013
    There was one good joke and it was only in the preview. I loved the first two but after that they actualy became almost scare in how awful they are. What the hell...
  7. Jun 18, 2013
    Absolutely awful, I went with some friends and 2 fell asleep, that's how bad this movie was. I can't think of a single good thing to say about it. It's about time that the Scary Movie franchise was brought to an end as it will only get worse.

Once again, the film has no plot, like most spoof films of this kind. Terrible acting and cameos from Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan, amongst others make the film more unbearable.

I'm warning you, don't watch this film, you can't have the time back you wasted watching it.
  8. Jul 6, 2013
    same as the whole series the directors an producers are trying to make it as worse as possible. The actor should take a nap or go for drama classes...
  9. Apr 21, 2013
    Even by Scary Movie standard, this one is horrible. I have quite a low standard when it come to comedy, especially spoof/parody movies. This is one is just god-awful. I think the movie just has no clear direction whatsoever. The jokes are all over the place. No zinger in any ways. I'm very very disappointed.
  10. Apr 17, 2013
    Got stuck watching this movie because another theater was leaking.

Walked out 30 minutes in.

You wanna know what's funny? This series has made over 800 MILLION DOLLARS worldwide and is on track to make 1 billion.

We're the punchline.
  11. Apr 12, 2013
    Blatantly rips off jokes from elsewhere (and can't even do that right). For instance, mixing up the bum probe with the mouth probe? That's a complete copy and paste of a scene from "Idiocracy". It's not homage, it's not parody, it's shamelessly trying to make money by stealing somebody else's joke. And they couldn't even make the joke funny. Absolute bottom-of-the-barrel worthless garbage.Blatantly rips off jokes from elsewhere (and can't even do that right). For instance, mixing up the bum probe with the mouth probe? That's a complete copy and paste of a scene from "Idiocracy". It's not homage, it's not parody, it's shamelessly trying to make money by stealing somebody else's joke. And they couldn't even make the joke funny. Absolute bottom-of-the-barrel worthless garbage. Do not go anywhere near this. Expand
  12. Apr 24, 2013
    This is the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life and the fun part was that I actually paid for this crap. I went to the theater to spend some time with my friends and we all got depressed by the extremely childish, stupid, humour of this trash.
    I don't believe how people can give this nonsense more than 6/10 they're 9 years old or they don't know nothing about (good) movies.
    Save your money, trust me.
  13. Jun 25, 2013
    These are the sort of movies that make me wish i lived in a cave and only used the word 'ugh'. I just can't believe someone actually pays to make them or pays to go and watch them.
  14. Jul 3, 2013
    Just no. We've seen too many "Scary Movie"'s come out to the big screen, and they got bad, and then worse. This movie is not funny nor is it entertaining.
  15. Jul 6, 2013
    What a bullsh*t year for comedy this has been. I hope This is The End can, ironically, save us. Utter garbage. Why the f**k is Mac Miller in this movie.
  16. Apr 12, 2013
    You know what, I had it with this Scary Movie V crap. All 4 movies were very entertaining, but where's Anna Farris? Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan are two of the biggest douchebags of Hollywood and as you can see, the Scary Movie franchise needs to die. I mean, DEAD as in zombies eating people. Razzies, take another note for "Worst Picture, Actor, and Actress."
  17. Apr 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie is okay, but not as funny as the previous installments I always liked the first, because of how it separated itself from traditional comedies, but this movie goes in the ranks of 'Vampires Suck' and 'Movie 43'...just clones of what was funny. In my opinion, go see 'A haunted house', they beat 'Scary Movie' to the punch with the 'Paranormal Activity' theme and it has that Marlon Waynes charm. Expand
  18. Apr 14, 2013
    Just let scary movie die, 5 is a horrible abomination and is just embarrassing to be honest, even for scary movie standards, I'm feeling that scary movie will not die, i'm thinking it will be the call of duty of the movie industry, no matter how crappy it will always have fans that eat it up, let's just hope they don't make a new one next year, don't support this, this is the prime exampleJust let scary movie die, 5 is a horrible abomination and is just embarrassing to be honest, even for scary movie standards, I'm feeling that scary movie will not die, i'm thinking it will be the call of duty of the movie industry, no matter how crappy it will always have fans that eat it up, let's just hope they don't make a new one next year, don't support this, this is the prime example of dumb movies for the dumb masses. Expand
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    It wasn't horrible but it wasn't quite good enough to pass off as decent. I mean some of the jokes made zero sense and the movie acted like we were suppose to die laughing every time it randomly mentioned something inappropriate. Just because something is perverted doesn't necessarily mean it's funny. The absolute worst part was watching Snoop Dog aka Snoop Lion and Mac Miller walkingIt wasn't horrible but it wasn't quite good enough to pass off as decent. I mean some of the jokes made zero sense and the movie acted like we were suppose to die laughing every time it randomly mentioned something inappropriate. Just because something is perverted doesn't necessarily mean it's funny. The absolute worst part was watching Snoop Dog aka Snoop Lion and Mac Miller walking through the woods looking to steel some Cannabis........................... and trust me, it's painful to watch them both try to be funny because they weren't in the slightest. Although the movie had some good moments, overall all I can say is..... seriously? Expand
  20. Apr 14, 2013
    A quick review if you will, but what else did you expect from the fifth (and may god have mercy on our souls if this isn't the final) installement of the scary movie franchise?

In a word? No. There is nothing here worth the time writing about, if only to mention the blatant (and by all means institutionalized) formula of the film's producers... putting in the "red list" celebrities of the past couple of years and giving them "jokes" to say in front of the camera. Bad "jokes". Terrible "jokes". No, that's not true....nor is it fair. To say the cast is a common vehicle for delivering "bad jokes" would imply these jokes are of a certain merit for having been developed by a tellers unique ability to create original material. These, on the other hand are used jokes. these, on the other hand are D.O.A. type jokes you've heard before in some other form or another (which by chance were not funny then) and rehashed with a large production cost tag attached to the end of it's dead toe.

The highly totted cameos by Lindsay Lohan (who couldn't catch a break if it were gently handed to her in a Faberge egg), Charlie Sheen and Katt Williams fall dead on their face given the amount of respect their dealt with a terrible script; managed by producer types who try to keep the film length as low as possible.....so as to meet the budget quo. In the end, I find it ironic and strangely humorous about the movies existence, wherein those who brought the franchise into inception (shawn and marlon wayans) favored better (though really not by much) with "The Haunted House"; which now acts as a giant size 'suck it' gesture aimed solely at the cats who bought the rights to this aging turkey and actually thought they could turn a lucrative profit. Whose laughing hardest now? The Wayans bros? I sure as hell hope not, their no funnier than Dane Cook on a free college tour. That can't possibly be the funniest thing to come out of both of these messes of two movies, can it? Yikes!

No words. Skip it. *0 out of 5 stars*
  21. Apr 21, 2013
    I don't ever rate movies this low. Usually I can find some sort of positive in any movie; this is clearly the exception. It's not funny, all it is is 90 minutes of 'oh my god why did they put that in, did they think it was funny?'
  22. Apr 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I went to see it last night and honestly the most worthwhile investment I made there was with my soda. I cannot begin to describe how stupid this movie was but I'll give it a shot. It was like the once esteemed writers decided to make a movie so bad that they idiot masses would eat it up, which from the 19 positives here and the approval rating of 79% on Rotten Tomatoes would signify that they were successful. That's the scary part. The funniest moments of this movie either involved Molly Shannon or Vacuums or Train Tunnels. It's pretty bad when the bloopers make you laugh 60 times more than the whole movie, and you only chuckle. I am so sorry that the comedic genius that is Molly Shannon will have this on her resume. I suggest that she omit it. To clarify, Im the kind of person that can't even get through the old Evil Dead because of the tree scene, nevermind the new one but at the end of the night I was wishing that I had spent my $8.50 on the Evil Dead. Please do not make the same mistake I did. Don't encourage these bastards. Expand
  23. Apr 23, 2013
    Too bad to put into words. 2/10
  24. Apr 23, 2013
    From beginning to end it is an exercise in failure.
    Film students might watch this if they are inclined towards comedy to see precisely how not to do a movie.
  25. Apr 24, 2013
    It's funny, it's weird, it's ridiculous, it's stupid, it's....horrible!!! The appearance of Linsey Lohan, Ashley Tisdale didn't approve Thisssss. This series should, no, OUGHT TO, need to end
  26. Apr 25, 2013
    Worse than all of the previous entries in the series but I've seen worse movies I guess. The funniest part was the scene with Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen and that was only because they were making fun of themselves. The rest was hardly worth my time let alone my money.
  27. Apr 29, 2013
    What is it about these movies that makes them so funny? Dated pop-culture references, stale raunchy jokes and horrible, horrible acting just make these films kinda lame. What more can I say? I can't wait for Scary Movie 6 and 7.

28. May 1, 2013
    Scary Movie 5 is the cinematic equivalent of a slap in the face. Virtually EVERYTHING about this movie is so horribly done, even Tommy Wiseau would be embarrassed.

This "comedy" flick is (like its predecessors) a satire on recent horror films such as Guillermo del Toro's Mama, and the Paranormal Activity franchise. The simple act of watching this movie is something to be ashamed of. The humor is immature and juvenile even when compared to the previous films. Some jokes in the film include a toothbrush with poop on it, a nanny on a toilet in a closet, and Snoop Dogg stealing a giant joint with Mac Miller for no reason. When it's not attempting to crack horrid jokes like that, it's referencing films like Inception, Black Swan, Tyler Perry's Madea films, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes; movies that were relevant two years ago.

Every single thing about this movie is a direct insult to the audience. I would only recommend this film to immature high-schoolers, and people who enjoy movies that are so bad, they're good. If you don't fit into one of the categories above, AVOID SCARY MOVIE 5 LIKE THE PLAGUE.
  29. May 6, 2013
    Extremely poor excuse for a film. It's filled to the brim with childish gags and (at best) mediocre acting and only served to remind me of the dreadful failure that was Disaster Movie.
  30. May 19, 2013
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Still a better love story than twilight.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 16 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Leah Churner
    Apr 17, 2013
    SM5 tanked opening weekend, which may toll the knell for this property.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    Apr 15, 2013
    Scary Movie V murdered my capacity to feel joy.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Apr 15, 2013
    That every jibe lands woefully wide is no surprise, though we’ll give leading lady Ashley Tisdale credit for giving her all to a film that mercifully won’t be around long enough to do any lasting damage to her post-High School Musical career.