2.5

1. Sep 6, 2014
    Full of crap. Yeah, first movie was good, but Scary MoVie not even close to the "good". Lay down and look at the ceiling, that will be more entertaining.
  2. Aug 27, 2014
    Scary Movie 5 me dejó un poco sorprendido, esperaba una película mala que contendría un débil atractivo, sin embargo (y para mi sorpresa) fue otra historia.

Scary Movie 5 no solo se burla de películas del género de terror, también se burla de películas de otros géneros., entre algunas de las tantas películas que burlan se encuentran Inception, The Help, Paranormal Activity, Mama, Rise
    of the Planet of the Apes, The Cabin in the Woods, entre otras.

La película acierta bien con las burlas, ya que lo hace de una forma cómica y un tanto eficaz., por lo tanto, el film logro estar por encima de mis expectativas y, en conclusión, fue entretenido.
  3. Aug 26, 2014
    I don't usually give movies a zero but this movie is an exception. In my opinion, the Scary Movie series should have stopped at 3. The jokes are stale. The casting was horrible and the plot was terrible. Time for this series to stop.
  4. chw
    Aug 22, 2014
    Scary Movie 5 was terrible. Not funny at all, and when it was, I would only partially chuckle. I wouldn't chuckle entirely and it wouldn't make me laugh at all. Basically an Adam Sandler "comedy".
  5. Jul 12, 2014
    unbelievable how **** **** this movie is. how the **** you **** up that Franchise, even the 4th one is solid and then is this retarded ****
  6. May 31, 2014
    Just like the rest of the series, the humor here is juvenile, crass, and low-brow. However if you're willing to turn off the part of your brain that must take everything seriously you'll find plenty of stupid humor to laugh at. Admittedly I am pretty easily amused, but this movie provided plenty of moments where I was rolling on the floor. It may not be the best or the smartest entry in the series, but I still found it to be pretty hilarious. My total score is a 9.2/10=Amazing. Expand
  7. May 25, 2014
    Now I have always loved this series, at least the first 3 films, but this is just so bad. It's not stupid funny like the others, it's just stupid. Tisdale is respectable in this film, but the plot sucks. What made the other 4 films better was that their main film that was being parodied was one everyone saw, not everyone has seen Mama, it wasn't a huge film in the box office. The jokes are stale, and any moment when a little bit of comedy shows it's face, it is immoderately lost among the pure crap that is Scary Movie 5 Expand
  8. Apr 20, 2014
    No just no. the scary movies are just **** to **** every time there is new one.This one is by far the worst, i don't know if they can do worst because it's not even funny once and i ******* hate this movie.
  9. Apr 10, 2014
    Scary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guest roles and that did not bring the movie upwards. I don't know what's with the Snoop Dogg and Mike Tyson's cameo, anyway the movie was almost crap.

During the watch I almost sat idle throughout the movie without having a laugh. I believe that was not intended to give the viewers by this filmmaker, but that is what really happened to me. I know they won't stop here with this, so I say better luck with the next movie of this series.
  10. Mar 22, 2014
    Please, just stop making these movies. They are not funny nor entertaining. They've become jumbled messes of loose plotting and thrown together dialogue. This has to stop!
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    i liked when regina hall was in scary movie . but this movie is funny and retarted in two ways . if they make scary movie 6 please god make it funny and put regina hall in it also marlon wayans .
  12. Mar 1, 2014
    Garbage just plain garbage. Horrible story line. Some funny parts along the way but most of the laughs feel forced and fake. I'm embarrassed to say that this is part of the scary movie franchise
  13. Jan 16, 2014
    This movie is awful, I mean this makes the originals look like Spaceballs, or Hot Shots, the only barely entertaining part of this movie is the cameos of Charlie Sheen, and Lindsay Lohan, think about that.
  14. Jan 9, 2014
    Esto más que una deshonra es una vergüenza total y sin sentido, no puedo creer que haya perdido 1 hora y 20 minutos de mi vida viendo esta cosa que se hace llamar película. No hay nada absolutamente bueno, ni una vez me reí con los "chistes" de esta película, hasta da vergüenza ajena saber que hay gente que tenga una mente así y este libre para crear (ojalá que no) más bazofias como esta maldita porquería. Scary Movie 5 no merece ningún consuelo ni perdón, no merece a la audiencia, no merece respeto, no merece gracia y ni siquiera merece ser vista. Esta película es una maldita pérdida de tiempo valioso que puedes utilizar en cualquier otra cosa (por ejemplo jugar Grand Theft Auto V). La peor bazofia del año está aquí, no la veas y si la ves hazlo solo, porque sino tus amigos y tú morirán de la impresionante vergüenza ajena que produce esta "película". Cero y desprecio total. Expand
  15. Jan 3, 2014
    A mesma piadinhas em graça que acompanharam a série nos últimos filmes porém esse filme bate o cúmulo do ridículo nas alturas se tornando desagradável.
  16. Dec 21, 2013
    Not wearing the latest style utilizing highly recognized horror movies old and new, the unique horror movies that use this are: Mama, Infernal Possession, La Cabaña and Paranormal Activity terror. This was coming since last giving that put Wars worlds, here on Planet of the Apes (R) evolution, The Black Swan, Inception and for a moment to put the book "Fifties shades of Grey." I did not laugh. Ashley Tisdale disaster. Little participation by many as Mike Tyson, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, etc.. There are many scenes that made me laugh in the trailer that they had not. It shows that not Anna Faris. Expand
  17. Dec 17, 2013
    this is awesome your all smoking snoop dogs massive joint right now I cant even tell why so many of you people don't know what comedy is plus all the people hating probley didn't even see the movie they just said Lindsey lohan, Charlie sheen=crap
  18. Nov 13, 2013
    This "Movie" is probably one of the worst Movies I've ever seen. I wouldn't even call this comedy, because it's just pure garbage. The "Jokes" are old and not funny at all. Please end this horrible series Even the first one was just okay in my opinion.
  19. Oct 24, 2013
    This movie is a piece of sh#t, and it's the worst "Scary Movie".
    Why make a fifth opus pls, stop this abomination!
    It's not funny but rather pathetic and stupid.
  20. Oct 20, 2013
    Scary Movie (2000) is a classic spoof movie, and was a very promising entry in the series, after three not-that-bad sequels, I was excited for Scary Movie 5, after the long hiatus. Before it came out, I did some research on IMDb, and saw the low 5.3 rating, on par with the last 3. Although, the Metascore was much lower, but I expected it to be. One major thing I noticed was that this movie would not feature Anna Faris, and their was a new director, whose filmography was terrible, but I looked on the bright side. When I saw this in the theatre, I was appalled. It didn't even feel like a 'Scary Movie', it felt like someone shoved a flaming metal Lego in my eyeball. This movie was complete sh*t, and even people in the theatre were as quiet as rocks, and they were teenagers! This movie was short,p and stupid, and it parodied sh*t movies. The only scene that was SLIGHTLY amusing was the opening scene with Snoop Dogg, and even that was stupid as f*ck. This movie TOOK A SH*T all over the original. 2/10. Expand
  21. Oct 4, 2013
    Hate me, but I kind of enjoyed this. The only reason I saw this fifth installment in a movie series I never heard of was because my friend said it was the funniest movie ever. A bit inappropriate and the strings for flying effects are obvious, but giving this the score it's been getting is an exaggeration to me. Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are directors that spoof popular ones, and I haven't seen any of their movies but I really think they have yet to make a movie that shows off their real talent. Yes, they didn't direct this one, but they were a part of it. And hey, at least this isn't as creepy as Vampires Suck seems nor as immature as the upcoming Starving Games. Expand
  22. Sep 27, 2013
    Shut this overly stupid unfunny piece of garbage off after 15 minutes. Fall flat jokes, stupid dialogue, worn ideas. Pure trash. Unwatchable. I fell sorry for you if you enjoy movies of this standard.
  23. Sep 16, 2013
    The lowest form of comedy. Scary MoVie fails at being funny, fails at being enjoyable and fails at having a story. They couldn't even manage that! However it does succeed at not being boring. Although that isn't exactly very hard.
  24. Aug 26, 2013
    This movie would have been funnier if Regina Hall and Anna Faris were in it instead of Ashley Tisdale. Because of the casting error, I think the jokes fell flat. Or everyone is just tired of "Paranormal Activity" spoofs.
  25. Aug 24, 2013
    This was OK, and it did get a few laughs out of me, especially scenes that spoofed movies that I have seen. It was a good way to waste an hour and a half. I liked it, but I think that the last one was funnier. The poster wasn't entirely truthful about all of the movies that it spoofed.
  26. Aug 18, 2013
    This series has completely run out of steam. It used to be a horror movie inspired spoof flick, but now, it's just a clumsy piece of slap-stick production. The cast was also poorly chosen in this one. They just can't do without Faris.
  27. Aug 18, 2013
    Each and every film of this series has become progressively worse but this one takes the cake...and then uses the cake to make a bad slapstick joke before ending with a tired pop culture reference and fart joke. The parodies in this one are either lazy, make no sense or are filled with humor so bad that it makes sophomoric humor look intelligent, witty and sharp. The acting is atrocious and, overall, the film is an incredible waste of time. "Scary Movie V" is so bad it is capable of robbing the viewer of being able to ever feel happiness again. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2013
    I must agree with most reviews; "Scary Movie V" is not exactly worth your money, but that doesn't mean it's not worth your time. If you're expecting a story driven comedy drama with superb acting that will leave you with an "awe", this is not it. If, however, you're looking for a parody that brings some ridiculous laughs, it is all that. The movie cracked me up at some points due to its dry and stupid humor, which isn't a bad thing at all! (Yes, especially you had me laughing, "electronic toothbrush"...) As someone who enjoys the best of movies, I have to agree that this one was fun to watch too, as long as you start seeing it knowing you'll have to rely on your immature state of mind. Expand
  29. Aug 2, 2013
    Didn't mind Scary Movies 1-3, hated 4, but 5 was the absolutely worst and without a doubt is one of the worst films of all time. It's flat out torture to sit through. I would highly recommend avoiding.
  30. Aug 2, 2013
    Compared to the first two "scary movies" Scary Movie V is atrocious, insulting and looks as though it's been written by a 5 year old whose parents spend their days humping and shooting up. The non stop racist jokes are appalling. I really can't see how this movie was allowed to be made. And the spoofing of Cabin in the Woods and Mama was just lazy. 1: Cabin in the Woods was already a parody and 2: the Mama storyline was taken verbatim. This film isn't even good enough for a stoner Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 16 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Leah Churner
    Apr 17, 2013
    SM5 tanked opening weekend, which may toll the knell for this property.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    Apr 15, 2013
    Scary Movie V murdered my capacity to feel joy.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Apr 15, 2013
    That every jibe lands woefully wide is no surprise, though we’ll give leading lady Ashley Tisdale credit for giving her all to a film that mercifully won’t be around long enough to do any lasting damage to her post-High School Musical career.