2.5

1. Mar 22, 2014
    Please, just stop making these movies. They are not funny nor entertaining. They've become jumbled messes of loose plotting and thrown together dialogue. This has to stop!
  2. Apr 10, 2014
    Scary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guest roles and that did not bring the movie upwards. I don't know what's with the Snoop Dogg and Mike Tyson's cameo, anyway the movie was almost crap.Scary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guest roles and that did not bring the movie upwards. I don't know what's with the Snoop Dogg and Mike Tyson's cameo, anyway the movie was almost crap.

During the watch I almost sat idle throughout the movie without having a laugh. I believe that was not intended to give the viewers by this filmmaker, but that is what really happened to me. I know they won't stop here with this, so I say better luck with the next movie of this series.
  3. Apr 20, 2014
    No just no. the scary movies are just **** to **** every time there is new one.This one is by far the worst, i don't know if they can do worst because it's not even funny once and i ******* hate this movie.
  4. May 25, 2014
    Now I have always loved this series, at least the first 3 films, but this is just so bad. It's not stupid funny like the others, it's just stupid. Tisdale is respectable in this film, but the plot sucks. What made the other 4 films better was that their main film that was being parodied was one everyone saw, not everyone has seen Mama, it wasn't a huge film in the box office. The jokes areNow I have always loved this series, at least the first 3 films, but this is just so bad. It's not stupid funny like the others, it's just stupid. Tisdale is respectable in this film, but the plot sucks. What made the other 4 films better was that their main film that was being parodied was one everyone saw, not everyone has seen Mama, it wasn't a huge film in the box office. The jokes are stale, and any moment when a little bit of comedy shows it's face, it is immoderately lost among the pure crap that is Scary Movie 5 Expand
  5. Jul 12, 2014
    unbelievable how **** **** this movie is. how the **** you **** up that Franchise, even the 4th one is solid and then is this retarded ****
  6. chw
    Aug 22, 2014
    Scary Movie 5 was terrible. Not funny at all, and when it was, I would only partially chuckle. I wouldn't chuckle entirely and it wouldn't make me laugh at all. Basically an Adam Sandler "comedy".
  7. Aug 26, 2014
    I don't usually give movies a zero but this movie is an exception. In my opinion, the Scary Movie series should have stopped at 3. The jokes are stale. The casting was horrible and the plot was terrible. Time for this series to stop.
  8. Sep 6, 2014
    Full of crap. Yeah, first movie was good, but Scary MoVie not even close to the "good". Lay down and look at the ceiling, that will be more entertaining.
  9. Oct 23, 2014
    As a fan of the Scary Movie series, this movie was very disappointment. It make me laugh a few times, specially the part of the lesbian sex, but most of the jokes are forgettable and senseless. I didn't had the chance to saw this movie because I read the mediocre reviews, but I saw it because Halloween is near and I usually make a marathon of Scary Movie series, but I wasn't expected itAs a fan of the Scary Movie series, this movie was very disappointment. It make me laugh a few times, specially the part of the lesbian sex, but most of the jokes are forgettable and senseless. I didn't had the chance to saw this movie because I read the mediocre reviews, but I saw it because Halloween is near and I usually make a marathon of Scary Movie series, but I wasn't expected it was tooooooooooo bad. The plot is mediocre and senseless, how can you make a movie taking Black Swan's plot and Paranormal Activity's plot? Expand
  10. Nov 22, 2014
    Scary MoVie was so stupid, so stupid it was funny. The stupendous comedy is the only reason the movie is a 4 out of 10. Vacuums snorting cocaine, LMFAO.
  11. Nov 23, 2014
    Scary Movie 5 me dejó un poco sorprendido, esperaba una película mala que contendría un débil atractivo, sin embargo (y para mi sorpresa) fue otra historia.

Scary Movie 5 no solo se burla de películas del género de terror, también se burla de películas de otros géneros., entre algunas de las tantas películas que burlan se encuentran Inception, The Help, Paranormal Activity, Mama, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Cabin in the Woods, entre otras.

La película acierta bien con las burlas, ya que lo hace de una forma cómica y un tanto eficaz., por lo tanto, el film logro estar por encima de mis expectativas y, en conclusión, fue entretenido.
  12. May 25, 2015
    Definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. That being said, Scary Movie 5 is a generic spoof comedy with generic jokes that are derived from its predecessors, but do generate a few chuckles here and there. Overall I would not recommend this movie to anybody. 4/10

Overwhelming dislike - based on 16 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Leah Churner
    Apr 17, 2013
    SM5 tanked opening weekend, which may toll the knell for this property.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    Apr 15, 2013
    Scary Movie V murdered my capacity to feel joy.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Apr 15, 2013
    That every jibe lands woefully wide is no surprise, though we’ll give leading lady Ashley Tisdale credit for giving her all to a film that mercifully won’t be around long enough to do any lasting damage to her post-High School Musical career.