9.0

1. Mar 6, 2011
    Steven Spielberg's greatest film. Powerful, emotional, thought provoking and a perfect film all around. Liam Neeson's acting is one of the best I've seen around and its directorial work is masterful. Essential.
  2. Sep 10, 2011
    Although the story's a little biased towards the Jews, The sad, realistic WW2 masterpiece "Schindler's list" succeeds seducing the audience with sensational performances from Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes and marvelous directing from Steven Spielberg.
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    The black and white was used to eliminate any trace of glamour that critics could potentially accuse Spielberg of showing in his '93 masterpiece. Something as awful as the Jewish Holocaust doesn't need glamour; nay, it needs not to have glamour. The film shows a unique telling of one of the darkest chapters in human history; from the enemy's point of view: in that, it shows that everyone has a limit, including Nazi Profiteer Oskar Schindler. The only color in the film is the red coat that the protagonist sees for only two brief moments in the film, and so appropriate was the one color choice to be blood red; a coat on an innocent girl, whom everyone is ignoring, just like a blood stain ignored (or insufficiently acknowledged) on human history. Brilliant work overall, and one of my favorite pieces of art. Expand
  4. May 4, 2011
    My girlfriend and I were watching this together, she dozed off, I switched channels to watch a football match. One of the most boring movies ever made. Totally lifeless. The black and white doesn't help, and neither does the cinematography. The character were so totally flat, please, who would really care if they live or die ? Just goes to show you that even big names like Spielberg can throw interceptions... Expand
  5. Feb 5, 2012
    Perhaps the most powerful movie I have ever seen. Every person on the planet should watch this movie at least once in their life. A Masterpiece that I will never forget.
  6. Sep 8, 2011
    One of the best films ever made.......................................................................................................................
  7. Jan 24, 2012
    Outstanding! Great performances, insightful, powerful, and touching argument; yet not overly emotional. Beautiful phography, and it is mostly historically accurate- I guess some changes were made- and well, the movies is much, much more! If you haven't seen it, just go and do it...no comments here will be good enough. So experience it yourself for watching this movie, independently of how you feel when you finish doing it, is 'A MUST' for all those who, as myself, love the performing arts. Expand
  8. Aug 21, 2010
    unless you are a skin head , nazi , or a racist you can not hate this film . this is some of the best film making ever to be done . this is easily spielburgs best film . we all learn in school about what happend to the jews in WWII and most of us just think that sucked and dont think about it much more . well this movie gives a visual view and performances that really make you think about it alot more . it shows the monsters of humanity in there most vicous form and makes you think . which is very rare in film making . the acting in this film is some of the best ive ever seen raph fines who does amon goth the head of the jewish camp does him so well he comes off more scary then any hollywood monster ive seen . liam neison gives a outstanding perfromance as well as oscar shcindler as we wach a man start off only caring about the jews to make money off of start to see he's working for monsters and has to do something to help. the black and white look was a great idea for this film . it almost makes you feel you are waching a WWII documentory and theese events are really happening . even when you relise you are waching a hollywood film still doesnt change that this is based on actaul events . its a film every one should see atleast once . it is bloody and gory and extremely violent but to do it less then it was woulda been a shame to water down the horrors that happend back then and not tell the story of what the jews really went through in that peroid of time. it is some thing every one should know about so they truely under stand why the nazie's where the scum of the earth. Expand
  9. Aug 16, 2010
    Just an all around Amazing movie. I highly recommend it. This movie just was sooo emotionally satisfying. I can't recommend it enough. It had great acting,directing,cinematography, and everything. It is a bit long though but it's definately worth it if you pay attention to the movie.
  10. Nov 7, 2010
    This was a deep, emotional, and horrifying movie. It made you realize what the days of WW2 Germany were like, and the tragedies and disasters the Jews had to deal with. The acting was phenomenal and seeing Schindler try and save the Jews after realizing the things his own country had did to them were comforting and expressible. This was a great film, and as such, deserves to be seen as so, to Schindler's List, may it keep on doing great and keep eye's open to a period in time that needs to be remembered as something to never happen again. Expand
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    Probably one of the most emotionally engaging films ever made. The direction of the action and the performances all ehance what is a deeply moving film. The film content is one of both horror and compassion of the war time scenes that you know really happened. It is difficult to explain the WOW factor of the film without explaining scenes but even then seeing is better than a thousand words. I got to the end of the film with a tear in my eye and actually had to say wow over what a terrific display had brought over me. Liam 'I can never remove my accent completely' Neeson was superb and even thought in most films I get annoyed hearing Liam rather than the accent of the character he is meant to be on screen, I could look past the Scottish German accent he was putting on the screen.
    The Black and White of the film is the perfect choice as it sets the right tone and also ages the film to feel more like recording of the actual events than a film adaptation. It is a film I would watch again and again and it would still take my breathe away.
  12. Dec 16, 2010
    Excellent film !!!!!!! Such an incredibly hard subject to begin to tackle in a film and do justice to. I think it's very close and done as well as anything we have seen yet. Kudos to all the actors and especially Ralph F.... awesome job.
  13. Sep 26, 2011
    A historical drama detailing the life of Oskar Schindler, who used his money to save over a thousand Jews during the Second World War. Seen as a sort of companion piece to Spielberg's other war epic Saving Private Ryan (1998) , this film is more factual and contains less action so that when you do see it, it is all the more horrifying. I was blown away by Liam Neeson's performance and I now consider it his best role, next only to Michael Collins. Another notable performance is Ralph Fiennes as the evil, cold blooded and militant psycho Amon Goeth, who was hung after Germany surrended for crimes against humanity. My only complaints would be that the accents are sometimes difficult to make out and that it is heavily depressing. Expand
  14. Sep 16, 2011
    Certainly one of the best movies I've ever seen. It is heavy and disturbing while describing the Holocaust, but also very detailed and realistic when describing personalities like Amon Goeth's and Oskar Schindler's. I was surprised when I found out, at the end of the movie, that Spielberg was the director, since this is not the type of movie he usually makes. My respect for him improved because of this movie. Some scenes are simply masterpieces, like those in which you can see some colors. Soundtrack is also great, making it an even more touching movie. Expand
  15. Oct 4, 2011
    A very beautiful, epic and dark story about courage and the desire of living, a masterpiece made by Steven Spielberg this is one of those films which if you didn't like it, you have got no heart.
  16. Jan 30, 2014
    A gut wrenchingly beautiful masterpiece about the horrors of the holocaust, Schindler's List is Steven Spielberg at his finest and most emotional (rightfully so).
  17. Nov 4, 2013
    This movie is a heartbreaking masterpiece. Directed by Steven Spielberg, "Schindler's List" is a powerful, superbly acted, fantastic example of what a movie should be like. The cast is brilliant with Liam Neeson playing Oskar Schindler, Ben Kingsley playing Ihtzak Stern and Ralph Fiennes playing Amon Goeth.
  18. Jan 23, 2013
    A near perfect movie. Although sometimes a bit slow, Schindler's List a thoughtful and brutal portrait of the tragedy that was the Holocaust. Spielberg's directing is wonderful, but what really makes the movie are the performances from Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, which are perfect in every way.
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    The most personal movie of Stephen Spielberg. Rumor has it that the atmosphere in the set was grim and tense and after I watched it, I can pretty much tell that the rumor is justified.

There won't be any comments from me about Schindler List apart from I have always considered this movie as one of the best movies ever. The duration is superbly long but when I watched it I hardly felt
    any boredom coming. The movie is shown in black-and-white without any color EXCEPT for one person-if you have watched it, you'll know what I mean-and one watery-eyes moment in the end. That being said, you don't need to mind the colors too much as the plot will surely give you a hook.

This movie isn't for everybody and the tone is dark, I won't recommend Schindler's List if what you mostly watch are just romance and drama movies.

PS: Ralph Fiennes is fantastic in this movie. You can always feel how evil he is whenever he is on the screen.
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    1993's Schindler's List Is My Fifth Favorite Film Of All Time, It's My Favorite Steven Spielberg Film, It's My Second Favorite Drama Film, My Second Favorite Film Adaptation And My Favorite Universal Pictures Film.
  21. Jan 3, 2014
    3 horas do mais puro realismo sobre o holocausto. A Lista de Schindler um filme de partir o coração, uma obra prima do cinema moderno consegue se manter esteticamente deslumbrante com fotografia magistral e teor histórico relevante que impossível de ser descartado.
  22. Nov 26, 2012
    Honestly one of the greatest motion pictures of all time. Steven Spielberg really out did himself here with this film. It is sheer genius and a perfect picture. He couldn't have painted a better picture.
  23. Oct 23, 2013
    I have watched this so many times I don't even remember. Has to be one of my top five favourite movies of all time. There are no words for it. Every scene rips through your soul and makes you shudder, but not in a sappy kind of way. But in the sense that you wonder if mankind is even capable of such barbarity. There is no effort to make you cry and feel sorry for the devastation of living breathing human beings, but on the contrary, the narration is objective and kind of lists the series of events without pretence. That's why it is so raw, and you draw your own meanings from it. Whole scenes pass without any background music to tell you how you should feel about it. Makes you experience war in a disturbingly intimate manner, like you are a spectator, watching silently as murder is committed before your very eyes, and you don't have the spine to make it stop. It is only later, when it's all done, and it's time for reflection, that the score sets in. And I couldn't find it in me to resist the tears. The scenes about the little girl in the red coat were especially unbearable. The score is so haunting and chilling that it picks you up and sets you in a whole different environment. The running time runs extremely fast. I'm aware that some of us may not have the level of concentration to sit through a three hour epic, but whoever prides himself in being able to appreciate art will have no problems. Expand
  24. Dec 1, 2012
    The movie is brilliant, but a bit tricky. You can't watch it with the mind of today. You have to literally send your mind back into 1930's, but you can't stop there. Now you have to become German and try to see it from a German's view. This movie is for someone who is INTELLECTUAL and can pick up on the hidden meanings. It's not meant to be viewed by someone who doesn't have the mental capacity to see PAST the movie and into the meaning. Expand
  25. Jan 24, 2013
    Schindler's List is an epic masterpiece that reaches down into the soul of human nature and plays with the strings of our hearts and minds by sending us to one of the worst places imaginable. This film is not only one of cinema's greatest treasures, it is also my favorite film ever made. This work of art takes us into Steven Spielberg's vision of the Holocaust, and serves us a deep and thrilling story about a hero who saved hundreds of people due to his bravery and courageousness. Steven Spielberg is a true genius; in his career he has created classics such as Raiders of the Lost Ark or E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, but no film he has ever crafted will ever live up to this one epic masterpiece of a film that changed the world of cinema forever as we know it. When this film released in 1993, Steven Spielberg proved that he was not just a great filmmaker, he was an artist. He gives the film so much power and depth to the characters and story, and no drama film will ever be able to touch the soul as this film did for me. A masterpiece like this is hardly ever released, and it's not only about the Holocaust itself, it's also about a hero and how he stood up to the walls that surrounded him. Oskar Schindler is one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known in my opinion, a member of the Nazi party who saw the corruption of what was going in this terrible time and did all that he could to save as many Jews as possible. In the film he witnesses a girl in a red dress walking through the streets of Poland as Nazi's are grabbing Jews, and later he sees the girl in that same dress dead along with the other Jews about to be burned. This revelation changes Schindler from a businessman into a man who sees the true evil of The Holocaust. Oskar really is a flawed man as well, he has his problems like any normal human but his intentions still make me see him as a great man. Liam Neeson's performance in this film is almost too good to be true, and he deserved an Academy Award. This is acting at its absolute best and his final scene where he cries over the fact that he could've saved more people always brings me to tears. Ralph Fiennes plays a truly sinister man as Amon Goeth, one of the worst men I have ever witnessed in a film. He is ruthless and insane, but we see in some scenes that he is in love with a Jewish woman named Helen. This is a very important part of his character, as it shows he has humanity inside him and that proves that he truly is a horrible man if he can feel love and compassion and still be that ruthless. Fiennes plays this role brilliantly, and his darkness and depth he gives the character amazes me to this day. Ben Kingsley plays Itzhak Stern who is Schindler's accountant and business partner during the events of the film, and he really is a symbol of Schindler's bravery. He has a Jewish man working for him and they soon become very close, and that proves that Schindler truly grows a love for the Jewish people that begin working for him. Ben Kinglsey is flawless as always and was truly the only man who could've pulled off the character with such passion and sympathy. Steven Spielberg has always taken us into films where we wish we could've joined the adventure, but this was his first movie where I wanted nothing to do where he had taken us. While other Holocaust masterpieces like The Pianist or Life is Beautiful are incredible for showing the survival of the Hlocaust, this one is a masterpiece for showing the brutality of it. This was like nothing he had done before, and I am overwhelmed with happiness that other people love this film as much as I do. This flawless masterpiece has been criticized by many ignorant people that have different issues with the film, and I think that' they have issues with the fact they couldn't think of a better film themselves. Spielberg is truly, in my opinion, the greatest director of all time, mainly because he has been able to bring us both dramatic masterpieces like this and entertaining masterpieces like Indiana Jones or Jaws. Schindler's List is my all-time favorite film, and for me, no other drama will ever be able to live up to the visionary genius that Spielberg has given us, and no other film will ever effect me like this movie has done. Expand
  26. Feb 22, 2014
    Honestly, this movie touched my heart so much. It was as if I could feel the sufferings at that time. Truly this is a masterpiece that should be remembered for coming ages.
  27. Mar 31, 2013
    Una historia asombrosa, que te encoge el corazón, de ver capaz de lo que es el hombre, pero que por otra parte arroja un rayo de esperanza, al ver como puede redimirse un pragmático hedonista como Schindler, y convertirse en un ejemplo de altruismo y salvación.
  28. Jun 18, 2013
    Simply beautiful, sad, and a masterpiece. Definitely one of Steven Spielberg's best along with E.T., Raiders, Jaws, and Saving Private Ryan. One of the most realistic movies ever made.
  29. Oct 27, 2013
    It's a masterpiece, in general, an accurate and amazingly written screenplay about a man who realized that these suffering people were no different than him and his party. Liam Neeson's acting is superb, but Ralph Fiennes is something else, something that is complicated, sadistic, and overall, pure evil. My ancestors perished in a concentration camp. This story gives the Jews what they deserved; some sympathy. It's realistic and compassionate and one of the greatest films ever made. Spielberg will go down in history one of the top film directors (right below Stanley Kubrick). Expand
  30. Sep 16, 2013
    A powerful film that will stick with you until you take your last breath, it goes in depth at what happened in those concentration camps during World War 2. The black and white aspect to it just adds to the reality.
  31. Mar 29, 2014
    This is an extremely harrowing and toutching film. Well written, beuatifully directed and supebly acted. The cinematography is materful, never seen anything else like it. Liam Neeson and ralph finnes act so natrually together, and their performances are believable and moving. Though provoking and highly recomended film.
  32. Dec 22, 2013
    This is, undoubtedly, Steven Spielberg's best movie ever. A touching story truly depicting the horror and pain that Jews people had to suffer under Nazi regime. Liam Neeson's acting was so perfect that you certainly couldn't ask for a better actor.
  33. Mar 30, 2014
    A masterpiece of cinema history, you will find nothing like Schindler's List because it is an actual experience. Here is a film you can look at and be amazed and shocked too. It's accuracy and stellar acting makes the gem arguably the best film ever made. Maybe It's true. Is it? Isn't it though. For me, it is. Just like Breaking Bad, the film is impassable. No film will come close to it because none are as true as Schindler's List. Nope, Nada, Never. A Perfect Masterpiece. Bravo. Expand
  34. Mar 29, 2014
    Superbly done all over. Perfect casting, Smart direction, Brilliant score thanks to John Williams, And one of the BEST Films ever made on Humanity... Hats oFF !!

A ruthlessly unsentimental portrait of a German war profiteer's epiphany that inspires neither sorrow nor pity, but a kind of emotional numbness.
  2. A powerful and affecting piece of work.
    What is surprising is how well Spielberg captures the horror, moving his camera with the fury of a combat photographer on the run. [17 Dec 1993]