8.9

1. Dec 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Schindler's list is a movie based on true events, so it's practically a documentary. It makes the watcher feel many different emotions, but it is quite sad. It really makes the watcher realise the hardship of world war 2, for the Jews. The story is amazing and you wouldn't think it was true! The acting is good, and so is the directing (steven Spielberg so it's definately a worth while watch). I do warn you though it is in black and white. Expand
  2. Oct 23, 2014
    There are only a few films ever made that require the value of IMPORTANT. This film may rate near the top in that rare category. It is the true story that matters most here although the acting is more than sufficient. Special attention should be given to Ben Kingsley in his portrayal of Issac Stern, Oscar Schindler's link to the Jewish leadership. Mr Kingsley simply nails the personalityThere are only a few films ever made that require the value of IMPORTANT. This film may rate near the top in that rare category. It is the true story that matters most here although the acting is more than sufficient. Special attention should be given to Ben Kingsley in his portrayal of Issac Stern, Oscar Schindler's link to the Jewish leadership. Mr Kingsley simply nails the personality and character of a man who, reluctantly almost to the very end, is the key figure to the success of Schindler's eventual passion of saving as many Jews as possible, though it cost him everything. The brilliance of Steven Spielberg is in no short supply here as he paints a bitter but realistic picture of the real suffering of the holocaust Jews during World War II Europe. We now understand better how and why these Jews could not imagine the horrors they would face until too late. Spielberg holds nothing back here. The children, the elderly, and even the preferred Jewish servants of the Nazis have screen time and as brutal as it is on screen, the actual abuse remains largely unimaginable in modern eyes. Although some of the film teases us with a documentary flavor, Spielberg is able to transform Schindler and the audience into helpless emotional characters reaching for tissues. The moment Schindler realizes his ring and especially his car might have saved a few more Jews from the ovens, we are tearful wrecks! The most IMPORTANT film in my rather larger collection of classic films. Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2014
    Obra maestra absoluta, devastadora, cruda, impresionante. No se hace pesada pese durar 3 horas, te mantiene en tensión todo el rato. Actuaciones memorables. Quizás la mejor película sobre el nazismo jamás hecha.
  4. Sep 30, 2014
    Another jewish religion for the shiksas, well done....................................................................................................................
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    Spielberg’s dramatic masterpiece showcases a strong cast, effective filming and amazing story. The ending of the film is one of the best in film history and it makes my top 10 of all time!!!
  6. Sep 11, 2014
    THis is tone of the all-time best films, ever. It's based on a true situation, and from a dramatized novel written by an Australian author. It presents a famous event from a very interesting angle, and cleverly tries to undercut your expectations of how things work.

One of the most under-appreciated aspect of this film is the way the emotions are so carefully played through, from serious drama to light comic moments to dark humour to heart-wrenching tragedy - even in the same scene!

I totally love how this film sets things up, then plays them out with some wonderful character insight and great dramatic twisting. Textbook example of how to do top-class storytelling to get viewers involved in the situation, and do a world-famous event and still keep it fresh.
  7. Sep 3, 2014
    Considered to be one of the most powerful films since the beginning of film. Steven Spielberg's devastating look at the Holocaust is both personal and sorrowful. Spielberg's decision to film in black-and-white creates a vivid nightmare.
  8. Aug 13, 2014
    Spielberg exceeds his previous great movies with this one. Dealing with a subject that is not the most attractive, the movie avoids being depressing and hard to watch. Perfectly directed, great performances, marvelous story-telling, while using black-and-white technique doesn't drive off the least demanding movie lovers. However, it's length does. Gilliam criticized the "stupid" endings ofSpielberg exceeds his previous great movies with this one. Dealing with a subject that is not the most attractive, the movie avoids being depressing and hard to watch. Perfectly directed, great performances, marvelous story-telling, while using black-and-white technique doesn't drive off the least demanding movie lovers. However, it's length does. Gilliam criticized the "stupid" endings of Spielberg, including the ending of this movie. I can agree with him, although the ending is good enough to make this movie worth watching not just once, but lots of times. Marvelous movie. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2014
    The film boasts a powerful true story that supports its plot. While it has unquestionable qualities, "Schindler's List" does not really achieve much more than telling a story in a not-so-distinctive way. There are indeed some very good performances, some nice screen tricks, but it generally sticks to the blockbuster-oriented way Hollywood opts for narrating history. Remarks actively madeThe film boasts a powerful true story that supports its plot. While it has unquestionable qualities, "Schindler's List" does not really achieve much more than telling a story in a not-so-distinctive way. There are indeed some very good performances, some nice screen tricks, but it generally sticks to the blockbuster-oriented way Hollywood opts for narrating history. Remarks actively made here are so few, that it hardly deserves to be called a classic. Expand
  10. chw
    Jul 18, 2014
    Schindler's List was a great movie, but I think they could have made it a bit shorter because it would still be a fantastic movie with some parts cut out.
  11. Jun 12, 2014
    Spielberg finally makes a dark, mature and gritty film that's more for adults than for children. Although the ending becomes mawkish, it still stands out as a great cinematic achievement
  12. May 26, 2014
    Liam Nesson provides an good act and Mr. Spielberg's amazing direction (As always) creates the great film experience of the years. This film will make even the strongest and stoic people feel a emotional tug. Don't pass the opportunity to watch this film. Don't.
  13. Mar 29, 2014
    This is an extremely harrowing and toutching film. Well written, beuatifully directed and supebly acted. The cinematography is materful, never seen anything else like it. Liam Neeson and ralph finnes act so natrually together, and their performances are believable and moving. Though provoking and highly recomended film.
  14. Mar 29, 2014
    Superbly done all over. Perfect casting, Smart direction, Brilliant score thanks to John Williams, And one of the BEST Films ever made on Humanity... Hats oFF !!
  15. Feb 22, 2014
    Honestly, this movie touched my heart so much. It was as if I could feel the sufferings at that time. Truly this is a masterpiece that should be remembered for coming ages.
  16. Jan 30, 2014
    A gut wrenchingly beautiful masterpiece about the horrors of the holocaust, Schindler's List is Steven Spielberg at his finest and most emotional (rightfully so).
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    3 horas do mais puro realismo sobre o holocausto. A Lista de Schindler um filme de partir o coração, uma obra prima do cinema moderno consegue se manter esteticamente deslumbrante com fotografia magistral e teor histórico relevante que impossível de ser descartado.
  18. Dec 22, 2013
    This is, undoubtedly, Steven Spielberg's best movie ever. A touching story truly depicting the horror and pain that Jews people had to suffer under Nazi regime. Liam Neeson's acting was so perfect that you certainly couldn't ask for a better actor.
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    The most personal movie of Stephen Spielberg. Rumor has it that the atmosphere in the set was grim and tense and after I watched it, I can pretty much tell that the rumor is justified.

There won't be any comments from me about Schindler List apart from I have always considered this movie as one of the best movies ever. The duration is superbly long but when I watched it I hardly felt any boredom coming. The movie is shown in black-and-white without any color EXCEPT for one person-if you have watched it, you'll know what I mean-and one watery-eyes moment in the end. That being said, you don't need to mind the colors too much as the plot will surely give you a hook.

This movie isn't for everybody and the tone is dark, I won't recommend Schindler's List if what you mostly watch are just romance and drama movies.

PS: Ralph Fiennes is fantastic in this movie. You can always feel how evil he is whenever he is on the screen.
  20. Nov 4, 2013
    This movie is a heartbreaking masterpiece. Directed by Steven Spielberg, "Schindler's List" is a powerful, superbly acted, fantastic example of what a movie should be like. The cast is brilliant with Liam Neeson playing Oskar Schindler, Ben Kingsley playing Ihtzak Stern and Ralph Fiennes playing Amon Goeth.
  21. Oct 27, 2013
    It's a masterpiece, in general, an accurate and amazingly written screenplay about a man who realized that these suffering people were no different than him and his party. Liam Neeson's acting is superb, but Ralph Fiennes is something else, something that is complicated, sadistic, and overall, pure evil. My ancestors perished in a concentration camp. This story gives the Jews what theyIt's a masterpiece, in general, an accurate and amazingly written screenplay about a man who realized that these suffering people were no different than him and his party. Liam Neeson's acting is superb, but Ralph Fiennes is something else, something that is complicated, sadistic, and overall, pure evil. My ancestors perished in a concentration camp. This story gives the Jews what they deserved; some sympathy. It's realistic and compassionate and one of the greatest films ever made. Spielberg will go down in history one of the top film directors (right below Stanley Kubrick). Expand
  22. Oct 23, 2013
    I have watched this so many times I don't even remember. Has to be one of my top five favourite movies of all time. There are no words for it. Every scene rips through your soul and makes you shudder, but not in a sappy kind of way. But in the sense that you wonder if mankind is even capable of such barbarity. There is no effort to make you cry and feel sorry for the devastation of livingI have watched this so many times I don't even remember. Has to be one of my top five favourite movies of all time. There are no words for it. Every scene rips through your soul and makes you shudder, but not in a sappy kind of way. But in the sense that you wonder if mankind is even capable of such barbarity. There is no effort to make you cry and feel sorry for the devastation of living breathing human beings, but on the contrary, the narration is objective and kind of lists the series of events without pretence. That's why it is so raw, and you draw your own meanings from it. Whole scenes pass without any background music to tell you how you should feel about it. Makes you experience war in a disturbingly intimate manner, like you are a spectator, watching silently as murder is committed before your very eyes, and you don't have the spine to make it stop. It is only later, when it's all done, and it's time for reflection, that the score sets in. And I couldn't find it in me to resist the tears. The scenes about the little girl in the red coat were especially unbearable. The score is so haunting and chilling that it picks you up and sets you in a whole different environment. The running time runs extremely fast. I'm aware that some of us may not have the level of concentration to sit through a three hour epic, but whoever prides himself in being able to appreciate art will have no problems. Expand
  23. Sep 16, 2013
    A powerful film that will stick with you until you take your last breath, it goes in depth at what happened in those concentration camps during World War 2. The black and white aspect to it just adds to the reality.
  24. Jul 4, 2013
    It's more than a film. It's an unforgettable, stylistic experience. The film is 3 hours long and you have to take in superb acting, imagery and storytelling, capturing the emotional and realism of the Holocaust. I realized I had watched a masterpiece once it had finished.
  25. Jun 19, 2013
    1993's Schindler's List Is My Fifth Favorite Film Of All Time, It's My Favorite Steven Spielberg Film, It's My Second Favorite Drama Film, My Second Favorite Film Adaptation And My Favorite Universal Pictures Film.
  26. Jun 18, 2013
    Simply beautiful, sad, and a masterpiece. Definitely one of Steven Spielberg's best along with E.T., Raiders, Jaws, and Saving Private Ryan. One of the most realistic movies ever made.
  27. Apr 26, 2013
    this movie is a gem there is a good movie and there is a great movie and there is a gem which is something you get to see few times in a life time Steven Spielberg is a spectacular director with this amazing ideas and amazing talent and you get to see all that in this movie from start to finish i can't really think of anything negative about this one this movie simply change your viewsthis movie is a gem there is a good movie and there is a great movie and there is a gem which is something you get to see few times in a life time Steven Spielberg is a spectacular director with this amazing ideas and amazing talent and you get to see all that in this movie from start to finish i can't really think of anything negative about this one this movie simply change your views about humanity waw. Expand
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    Probably one of the most emotionally engaging films ever made. The direction of the action and the performances all ehance what is a deeply moving film. The film content is one of both horror and compassion of the war time scenes that you know really happened. It is difficult to explain the WOW factor of the film without explaining scenes but even then seeing is better than a thousandProbably one of the most emotionally engaging films ever made. The direction of the action and the performances all ehance what is a deeply moving film. The film content is one of both horror and compassion of the war time scenes that you know really happened. It is difficult to explain the WOW factor of the film without explaining scenes but even then seeing is better than a thousand words. I got to the end of the film with a tear in my eye and actually had to say wow over what a terrific display had brought over me. Liam 'I can never remove my accent completely' Neeson was superb and even thought in most films I get annoyed hearing Liam rather than the accent of the character he is meant to be on screen, I could look past the Scottish German accent he was putting on the screen.
    The Black and White of the film is the perfect choice as it sets the right tone and also ages the film to feel more like recording of the actual events than a film adaptation. It is a film I would watch again and again and it would still take my breathe away.
  29. Mar 31, 2013
    Una historia asombrosa, que te encoge el corazón, de ver capaz de lo que es el hombre, pero que por otra parte arroja un rayo de esperanza, al ver como puede redimirse un pragmático hedonista como Schindler, y convertirse en un ejemplo de altruismo y salvación.
  30. Jan 24, 2013
    Schindler's List is an epic masterpiece that reaches down into the soul of human nature and plays with the strings of our hearts and minds by sending us to one of the worst places imaginable. This film is not only one of cinema's greatest treasures, it is also my favorite film ever made. This work of art takes us into Steven Spielberg's vision of the Holocaust, and serves us a deep andSchindler's List is an epic masterpiece that reaches down into the soul of human nature and plays with the strings of our hearts and minds by sending us to one of the worst places imaginable. This film is not only one of cinema's greatest treasures, it is also my favorite film ever made. This work of art takes us into Steven Spielberg's vision of the Holocaust, and serves us a deep and thrilling story about a hero who saved hundreds of people due to his bravery and courageousness. Steven Spielberg is a true genius; in his career he has created classics such as Raiders of the Lost Ark or E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, but no film he has ever crafted will ever live up to this one epic masterpiece of a film that changed the world of cinema forever as we know it. When this film released in 1993, Steven Spielberg proved that he was not just a great filmmaker, he was an artist. He gives the film so much power and depth to the characters and story, and no drama film will ever be able to touch the soul as this film did for me. A masterpiece like this is hardly ever released, and it's not only about the Holocaust itself, it's also about a hero and how he stood up to the walls that surrounded him. Oskar Schindler is one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known in my opinion, a member of the Nazi party who saw the corruption of what was going in this terrible time and did all that he could to save as many Jews as possible. In the film he witnesses a girl in a red dress walking through the streets of Poland as Nazi's are grabbing Jews, and later he sees the girl in that same dress dead along with the other Jews about to be burned. This revelation changes Schindler from a businessman into a man who sees the true evil of The Holocaust. Oskar really is a flawed man as well, he has his problems like any normal human but his intentions still make me see him as a great man. Liam Neeson's performance in this film is almost too good to be true, and he deserved an Academy Award. This is acting at its absolute best and his final scene where he cries over the fact that he could've saved more people always brings me to tears. Ralph Fiennes plays a truly sinister man as Amon Goeth, one of the worst men I have ever witnessed in a film. He is ruthless and insane, but we see in some scenes that he is in love with a Jewish woman named Helen. This is a very important part of his character, as it shows he has humanity inside him and that proves that he truly is a horrible man if he can feel love and compassion and still be that ruthless. Fiennes plays this role brilliantly, and his darkness and depth he gives the character amazes me to this day. Ben Kingsley plays Itzhak Stern who is Schindler's accountant and business partner during the events of the film, and he really is a symbol of Schindler's bravery. He has a Jewish man working for him and they soon become very close, and that proves that Schindler truly grows a love for the Jewish people that begin working for him. Ben Kinglsey is flawless as always and was truly the only man who could've pulled off the character with such passion and sympathy. Steven Spielberg has always taken us into films where we wish we could've joined the adventure, but this was his first movie where I wanted nothing to do where he had taken us. While other Holocaust masterpieces like The Pianist or Life is Beautiful are incredible for showing the survival of the Hlocaust, this one is a masterpiece for showing the brutality of it. This was like nothing he had done before, and I am overwhelmed with happiness that other people love this film as much as I do. This flawless masterpiece has been criticized by many ignorant people that have different issues with the film, and I think that' they have issues with the fact they couldn't think of a better film themselves. Spielberg is truly, in my opinion, the greatest director of all time, mainly because he has been able to bring us both dramatic masterpieces like this and entertaining masterpieces like Indiana Jones or Jaws. Schindler's List is my all-time favorite film, and for me, no other drama will ever be able to live up to the visionary genius that Spielberg has given us, and no other film will ever effect me like this movie has done. Expand

A ruthlessly unsentimental portrait of a German war profiteer's epiphany that inspires neither sorrow nor pity, but a kind of emotional numbness.
  2. A powerful and affecting piece of work.
    What is surprising is how well Spielberg captures the horror, moving his camera with the fury of a combat photographer on the run. [17 Dec 1993]