8.9

1. Elena
    May 22, 2005
    This film was very good to document what happened in the concentration camps and how the jews where treated. Only that sometimes it became a little boring and the all white and black was strange nowdays we are onlyused to look color tv so looking it in black and white was strange. Furthermore sometimes you couldn't really understand what was said or it was said in german ... for the This film was very good to document what happened in the concentration camps and how the jews where treated. Only that sometimes it became a little boring and the all white and black was strange nowdays we are onlyused to look color tv so looking it in black and white was strange. Furthermore sometimes you couldn't really understand what was said or it was said in german ... for the rest this is a great movie that made me learn who schindler was. Expand
  2. JonathanF.
    May 6, 2005
    A story that captures many aspects of the Holocaust. Fanatastic Movie. Steven Spielberg made a lot of money out of his successful film, and yes, he also finally received an Oscar (Although I think some of his earlier work should receive one too). There are many interesting stories about the holocaust and WWII, and I wonder what attracted Spielberg to Schindler's story so much. Well, A story that captures many aspects of the Holocaust. Fanatastic Movie. Steven Spielberg made a lot of money out of his successful film, and yes, he also finally received an Oscar (Although I think some of his earlier work should receive one too). There are many interesting stories about the holocaust and WWII, and I wonder what attracted Spielberg to Schindler's story so much. Well, if you saw the film you can see that what Spielberg and Schindler have in common is money and ambition. Spielberg in my point of view is a great producer/business man. He knows how to make money (even for the Holocaust). I believe that is why Spielberg's so attracted to Schindler's character. Don't get me wrong, Spielberg has also values as well, and it is said that most of what the film has earned Spielberg donated to the Holocaust foundation. Spielberg is a franchise but I get the feeling that he cares. So in parallel to Schindler's character that evolves through the film, Spielberg uses the money he earns to make some good. Schindler is presented as a business man, who is interested in making money - actually a war profiteer. But something changes in his plan, Schindler learns slowly that the Nazi ideology is stupid and evil, and he goes on a process through the film of purging himself out of this ideology. He starts to care for "his Jewish workers", and by the end of the film he even cries, not for the loss of money, but for the life he could have saved. There are many scenes in this film, created in detail, through the help of survivor's testimonies. Some of them are extremely violent or contain nudity. Those scenes, which are shot brilliantly, are required for realism and I really like them, as I believe that such appalling violence is reserved only in film and not in our life. I find Schindler's List as a visual experience one should not miss, as it helps you grasp the horror and violence of the Nazis. Since Hollywood is controls the world market of cinema, this movie is a breakthrough, bringing the story of the holocaust to the whole world. Expand
  3. OliverT>
    Jul 14, 2005
    Simplemente, es la mejor pelicula de todos los tiempos, ya que hace ver a la perfeccion la crueldad y todo lo mejor que se pueda dar en una persona, en lo que ha sido el peor episodio de la historia humana.
  4. Lucius
    Sep 1, 2005
    A real masterpiece, best movie ever made. A person who doesn't like it, is a monstrous entity with neither a heart nor a soul, period.
  5. HikaruK.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Honestly, I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked Honestly, I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked within the Nazi party system to save over one thousand Jewish individuals from almost certain death. It doesn't portray him as a god as he clearly had faults, but it shows that hope is possible and that people can work together to save others. But it is still very clearly about the violence of the Holocaust, almost in a numbing emotional sense. The cinematography is absolutely gorgeous in this film. Black and white was the way to go. In some senses, I think it helps to keep the picture from overwhelming us and as authenticity of some newsreel from the time. The touch at the end in "present" day of the survivors and their families coming to Schindler's grave is at once touching and haunting without necessarily spelling it out for us. Haunting and moving, it is one of the most weighty and ponderous films but it never harkens from its intensity even being more than three hours. Bravo! Expand
  6. BaytotheAGetHyphy
    May 5, 2007
    This was a fantastically directed. Steven Spielberg knows how to convey any message beautifully through film. It is sad to see how brutally the Nazis treated Jews and their utter disrespect for human life. Bring some Kleenex with you when watching this film.
  7. TimTwo
    Jun 30, 2007
    You have got to be kidding me...Return of the King and an animated feature get higher scores than Schindler's List?
  8. JayH.
    Mar 7, 2008
    One of the truly greatest films of all time. It is unforgettable and haunting. Steven Spielberg's expert direction, the tremendous acting and outstanding writing make it a brilliant film in all respects.
  9. BerkeO.
    Apr 2, 2008
    This is the most beutiful film that I've ever senn!
  10. MarcinC
    Feb 23, 2009
    A flawless masterpiece...
  11. bryony
    Jul 31, 2009
    Such a clever film, I noticed the use of the well known sad song gloomy Sunday - immediately showing the depression and suffering of the Jews that this film perfectly portrays. Amazingly directed scenes that show the sheer horror and leave you gasping afterwards. Casted with perfection, every actor convincing you with their realistic portrayals of heroes/victims/villains of this awful Such a clever film, I noticed the use of the well known sad song gloomy Sunday - immediately showing the depression and suffering of the Jews that this film perfectly portrays. Amazingly directed scenes that show the sheer horror and leave you gasping afterwards. Casted with perfection, every actor convincing you with their realistic portrayals of heroes/victims/villains of this awful time. I was left devastated, just as the makers intended their audience to feel. Loved how the realism was actually THERE at the end. This film really chilled my bones, made me think like an adult for once about the serious history people have experienced. Excellence! Expand
  12. AndyW.
    Aug 10, 2009
    Forget Brando as Vito Corleone or Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter, Ralph Fiennes delivers THE greatest performance as Amon Goth in this film. Incredibly complex, chilling but somehow addictive. Spielberg's directing is sensational and although I didn't care that much for Liam Neeson as Schindler, this film still certainly deserves a 10.
  13. miker
    Aug 2, 2009
    Great piece of film making, and a great man. For Gary l. to give it a 0 is actually rather frightening.
  14. GustavoH.R.
    Dec 16, 2003
    A nearly flawless materpiece, Schindler's List is the best film I've ever seen. Powerful, beautiful, haunting. Spielberg's masterpiece.
  15. JeffG.
    Jan 3, 2003
    One of the greatest movies of ALL time. It's depressing, but it's supposed to be. Everyone should see it at some point in their life.
  16. H.K.
    Mar 18, 2003
    Cool.
  17. JackA.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Words cannot describe this movie. It simply touches the soul.
  18. JackA.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Words cannot describe this movie. It simply touches the soul.
  19. DianaB.
    Aug 8, 2003
    Very sad, but brilliant movie! Everyone should be made to watch this movie in schools.
  20. G.M.D.K
    Dec 3, 2004
    Unforgettable. One of the best film of all time!
  21. RobertL.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Not only is this masterpiece the greatest film ever made, it can be considered one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements, to be compared with the best of Mozart, Shakespeare and Michelangelo. Using the subtle but startling shadings only black and white cinema can produce Steven Speilberg has created a protean achievement both thought-provoking and shattering in content and Not only is this masterpiece the greatest film ever made, it can be considered one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements, to be compared with the best of Mozart, Shakespeare and Michelangelo. Using the subtle but startling shadings only black and white cinema can produce Steven Speilberg has created a protean achievement both thought-provoking and shattering in content and scope. Ralph Fiennes frightening portrayal of the concentration camp commandant shows the horrifying side of a human both sad and twisted. Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley give performances equally compelling. John Williams musical score is flawless, evoking an emotional response without overcoming this disturbing story about a German industrialist who slowly learns about the Holocaust and tries to save the few Jews he can from certain death. This miraculous piece of cinema should be required viewing for anyone interested in the human condition and the depths and heights to which we all can reach. Expand
  22. DawnB.
    Apr 8, 2004
    It taught me a lot about my history. It also helped me out wit my history project. Schindler's List changed me and how i look and treat people today!
  23. MartinL.
    Aug 28, 2004
    Incredibly devestating.
  24. RandyM.
    Jun 5, 2005
    It was awsome. truly memorable.
  25. AshleyN.
    Jan 11, 2006
    This video opened my eyes to see that people can be good. You dont have to give your life for others, but saving one person is changing your life. They can have children, and those children will be there because of you. This is a wonderful movie and I recommend it to anyone willing to watch!
  26. KatrinaS.
    Jan 12, 2006
    I really think that this was a really good movie because of all the details and how they put it all together it was a true work of art.
  27. SnezanaM.
    Feb 6, 2006
    Simply thriling and heart capturing! a motionless epic to be applauded!
  28. LaurenS.
    May 1, 2006
    There are no words that can even begin to tell how incredible this movie is. It is perfect, it is just so horrible that it is a true story. A perfect 10.
  29. AndrewH.
    Jun 28, 2006
    Extremely entertaining. Heartbreaking to say the least. The 3 hours literally fly by.
  30. ZachQ.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This movie is fair to all sides, and it portrays history accurately enough for teachers to show it in their classes. I feel as though this movie captures the essence of what makes a movie great. Criticism of this movie highlights the person's ignorance.

A ruthlessly unsentimental portrait of a German war profiteer's epiphany that inspires neither sorrow nor pity, but a kind of emotional numbness.
  2. A powerful and affecting piece of work.
    What is surprising is how well Spielberg captures the horror, moving his camera with the fury of a combat photographer on the run. [17 Dec 1993]