Schindler's List

8.5

1. ShaneS.
    Feb 1, 2006
    This film is contrastable to certain brutality epics that challenge the viewer with pain and death, and greusome bloodshed that the eye can't remain toward the screen until it is finished. This, though, is a film that demands the eye remain magnetized to the screen, because truth can be that way; honest, emotional truth. To address the commenter who claimed this was a propaganda film This film is contrastable to certain brutality epics that challenge the viewer with pain and death, and greusome bloodshed that the eye can't remain toward the screen until it is finished. This, though, is a film that demands the eye remain magnetized to the screen, because truth can be that way; honest, emotional truth. To address the commenter who claimed this was a propaganda film to boast about the Jewish faith, it seems more an objective account of something that happened, more or less, to a group of people bearing the brunt of a clashing of virtues. They received the blunt end of the stick, and the director himself captured with lyrical symbology the essence of those events. People will have their opinions, but I hold that it is one of the greatest films ever made. Expand
  2. Jack
    Mar 27, 2008
    A stunning film with great use of film techniques. This shocked me and showed me a part of the holocaust from the eyes of both the jews and the upper-class germans. People who think that the film is boring obviously do not have any sense of humanity and perhaps have been brainwashed by the current modern action films, where the only lift is seeing people killing others in different ways. A stunning film with great use of film techniques. This shocked me and showed me a part of the holocaust from the eyes of both the jews and the upper-class germans. People who think that the film is boring obviously do not have any sense of humanity and perhaps have been brainwashed by the current modern action films, where the only lift is seeing people killing others in different ways. Fantastic film Steven! Expand
  3. JulianP.
    May 2, 2008
    Schindler's List is a masterpiece of filmaking that modern cinema has not and will not ever see again. Plain and simple, this movie touches us in a place that a super-hero flick just cannot. Spielberg shows us just how low and just how high the human spirit can go, all while showing the world his magnificent brilliance and mastery of filmmaking.
  4. GenaroN.
    Sep 10, 2003
    One of the best representation of the holocaust horror. A movie that will touch your soul it is depressive and reflective.
  5. ColtonM.
    Apr 21, 2005
    It made me cry.
  6. KevinBeattie
    Jan 9, 2007
    First off I would like to say that this is an excellent movie and it portrays the brutality of the Nazis treatment of Jewish prisoners. Second, to people who say this "doesnt tell the full story". That statement is absolutley moronic. Yes there are two sides to this story. The jews who were murdered, and the Nazis who murdered them. Thats the story. Did all of the germans who were Nazi First off I would like to say that this is an excellent movie and it portrays the brutality of the Nazis treatment of Jewish prisoners. Second, to people who say this "doesnt tell the full story". That statement is absolutley moronic. Yes there are two sides to this story. The jews who were murdered, and the Nazis who murdered them. Thats the story. Did all of the germans who were Nazi soldiers want to be? No some of them were forced to do what they did. But to somehow place the Germans in a position that what they did was a good thing is insane. The Nazis murdered those people. End of story. Expand
  7. R.L.
    Jan 6, 2009
    Exceptional!! Schindler's list is perhaps the best and most heartbreaking depiction of the Holocaust ever, It's a dark and heart breaking tale of one man's journey to become a hero to the Jew's of today, Liam Neeson plays Oskar Schindler a greedy factory owner who hires Jew's to minimum wage work for him. Soon enough he has all the money in the world and is happy Exceptional!! Schindler's list is perhaps the best and most heartbreaking depiction of the Holocaust ever, It's a dark and heart breaking tale of one man's journey to become a hero to the Jew's of today, Liam Neeson plays Oskar Schindler a greedy factory owner who hires Jew's to minimum wage work for him. Soon enough he has all the money in the world and is happy as can be. Or so it appears, as the film progress you see the demeanor and attitude of Schindler change dramatically when he watches the Jewish people get slaughtered like animals by the Nazi's, after that he sets his heart on the sole task if getting them out of the camps and into his country. Schindler's List is the proven example of human kindness and compassion, It's a movie that will make your heart break and make the spirit soar at his heroic feet. Schindler's List is one of the greatest films ever made and will continue to shock and amaze people for all time. I very highly recommend this movie! Expand
  8. KonradR.
    May 9, 2002
    An absolute masterpiece. Perfect in every way from cinematography to acting to music.
  9. PattyD.
    Sep 21, 2002
    This movie is a masterpiece.
  10. TheFallAndRiseOfGilbertMulroneycakes
    Jan 7, 2003
    You see, Emily V, 60 years ago much of the world was engulfed in a reasonably cataclysmic confilct that came to be known as World War II. Honestly, overrated...overrated my arse. I hate that word. It implies that the speaker is definitive in some way. Which you aren't, any more than I am. Whatever I think about it, Schindler's List - probably the greatest of a myriad of Steven You see, Emily V, 60 years ago much of the world was engulfed in a reasonably cataclysmic confilct that came to be known as World War II. Honestly, overrated...overrated my arse. I hate that word. It implies that the speaker is definitive in some way. Which you aren't, any more than I am. Whatever I think about it, Schindler's List - probably the greatest of a myriad of Steven Mastepieces - is one of the greatest, most beautiful, most tragic movies ever made. Coincidentally, I actually believe that it is one of the greatest, most beautiful, most tragic movies ever made, but that's second fiddle to how good it IS. Stay around for the coda as well - if it doesn't break your heart, you don't have one. Collapse
  11. DanielG.
    Sep 14, 2003
    Spielberg's definite masterpiece. The story may be somewhat simplified although this is easily overlooked when you consider the other elements in the movie. From the acting to the cinematics, this movie not only touches you hart; it breaks it!
  12. AndrewM.
    May 4, 2004
    I don't give many movies 10/10. There is usually some small reason to say it's not perfect. Much like why you don't see too many gymnasts given 10.0. This is one of those rare occasions where there are no faults. If you're not moved, inspired and/or educated by this film, you're not human.
  13. Daz
    Aug 14, 2004
    I can only echo many of the comments already posted about this film. I was SO moved by it when i first saw it at the cinema. I think all 14 year olds should be forced to watch this movie to show them how evil man can be. Without a doubt, one of the greatest films i have ever see, or WILL ever see.
  14. JaysonB.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Perspective changing and a masterpiece of filmmaking.
  15. ??
    May 21, 2005
    This is a film which touches me most.The little girl in red makes me feel the cure of the war. It is the most unforgetable picture I have ever seen.
  16. OliverT>
    Jul 14, 2005
    Simplemente, es la mejor pelicula de todos los tiempos, ya que hace ver a la perfeccion la crueldad y todo lo mejor que se pueda dar en una persona, en lo que ha sido el peor episodio de la historia humana.
  17. Lucius
    Sep 1, 2005
    A real masterpiece, best movie ever made. A person who doesn't like it, is a monstrous entity with neither a heart nor a soul, period.
  18. HikaruK.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Honestly, I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked Honestly, I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked within the Nazi party system to save over one thousand Jewish individuals from almost certain death. It doesn't portray him as a god as he clearly had faults, but it shows that hope is possible and that people can work together to save others. But it is still very clearly about the violence of the Holocaust, almost in a numbing emotional sense. The cinematography is absolutely gorgeous in this film. Black and white was the way to go. In some senses, I think it helps to keep the picture from overwhelming us and as authenticity of some newsreel from the time. The touch at the end in "present" day of the survivors and their families coming to Schindler's grave is at once touching and haunting without necessarily spelling it out for us. Haunting and moving, it is one of the most weighty and ponderous films but it never harkens from its intensity even being more than three hours. Bravo! Expand
  19. BaytotheAGetHyphy
    May 5, 2007
    This was a fantastically directed. Steven Spielberg knows how to convey any message beautifully through film. It is sad to see how brutally the Nazis treated Jews and their utter disrespect for human life. Bring some Kleenex with you when watching this film.
  20. TimTwo
    Jun 30, 2007
    You have got to be kidding me...Return of the King and an animated feature get higher scores than Schindler's List?
  21. JayH.
    Mar 7, 2008
    One of the truly greatest films of all time. It is unforgettable and haunting. Steven Spielberg's expert direction, the tremendous acting and outstanding writing make it a brilliant film in all respects.
  22. BerkeO.
    Apr 2, 2008
    This is the most beutiful film that I've ever senn!
  23. MarcinC
    Feb 23, 2009
    A flawless masterpiece...
  24. AndyW.
    Aug 10, 2009
    Forget Brando as Vito Corleone or Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter, Ralph Fiennes delivers THE greatest performance as Amon Goth in this film. Incredibly complex, chilling but somehow addictive. Spielberg's directing is sensational and although I didn't care that much for Liam Neeson as Schindler, this film still certainly deserves a 10.
  25. miker
    Aug 2, 2009
    Great piece of film making, and a great man. For Gary l. to give it a 0 is actually rather frightening.
  26. GustavoH.R.
    Dec 16, 2003
    A nearly flawless materpiece, Schindler's List is the best film I've ever seen. Powerful, beautiful, haunting. Spielberg's masterpiece.
  27. JeffG.
    Jan 3, 2003
    One of the greatest movies of ALL time. It's depressing, but it's supposed to be. Everyone should see it at some point in their life.
  28. H.K.
    Mar 18, 2003
    Cool.
  29. JackA.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Words cannot describe this movie. It simply touches the soul.
  30. JackA.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Words cannot describe this movie. It simply touches the soul.
  31. DianaB.
    Aug 8, 2003
    Very sad, but brilliant movie! Everyone should be made to watch this movie in schools.
  32. G.M.D.K
    Dec 3, 2004
    Unforgettable. One of the best film of all time!
  33. RobertL.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Not only is this masterpiece the greatest film ever made, it can be considered one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements, to be compared with the best of Mozart, Shakespeare and Michelangelo. Using the subtle but startling shadings only black and white cinema can produce Steven Speilberg has created a protean achievement both thought-provoking and shattering in content and Not only is this masterpiece the greatest film ever made, it can be considered one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements, to be compared with the best of Mozart, Shakespeare and Michelangelo. Using the subtle but startling shadings only black and white cinema can produce Steven Speilberg has created a protean achievement both thought-provoking and shattering in content and scope. Ralph Fiennes frightening portrayal of the concentration camp commandant shows the horrifying side of a human both sad and twisted. Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley give performances equally compelling. John Williams musical score is flawless, evoking an emotional response without overcoming this disturbing story about a German industrialist who slowly learns about the Holocaust and tries to save the few Jews he can from certain death. This miraculous piece of cinema should be required viewing for anyone interested in the human condition and the depths and heights to which we all can reach. Expand
  34. MartinL.
    Aug 28, 2004
    Incredibly devestating.
  35. RandyM.
    Jun 5, 2005
    It was awsome. truly memorable.
  36. AshleyN.
    Jan 11, 2006
    This video opened my eyes to see that people can be good. You dont have to give your life for others, but saving one person is changing your life. They can have children, and those children will be there because of you. This is a wonderful movie and I recommend it to anyone willing to watch!
  37. KatrinaS.
    Jan 12, 2006
    I really think that this was a really good movie because of all the details and how they put it all together it was a true work of art.
  38. SnezanaM.
    Feb 6, 2006
    Simply thriling and heart capturing! a motionless epic to be applauded!
  39. LaurenS.
    May 1, 2006
    There are no words that can even begin to tell how incredible this movie is. It is perfect, it is just so horrible that it is a true story. A perfect 10.
  40. AndrewH.
    Jun 28, 2006
    Extremely entertaining. Heartbreaking to say the least. The 3 hours literally fly by.
  41. ZachQ.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This movie is fair to all sides, and it portrays history accurately enough for teachers to show it in their classes. I feel as though this movie captures the essence of what makes a movie great. Criticism of this movie highlights the person's ignorance.
  42. KennethM.
    Jul 10, 2006
    Ralph Fiennes is what makes this movie, pure and simple.
  43. KyleB.
    Jan 16, 2007
    I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked within the Nazi I think this is Steven Spielberg's masterwork. Not claiming or wanting to delve into lengthy sequences of death and violence at Auschwitz or somewhere similar, it instead captures the violence in the ghettos, in work camps, and through the actions of Amon Goeth, who is played brilliantly by Ralph Fiennes. It is ultimately the story of Oskar Schindler, a man who worked within the Nazi party system to save over one thousand Jewish individuals from almost certain death. It doesn't portray him as a god as he clearly had faults, but it shows that hope is possible and that people can work together to save others. But it is still very clearly about the violence of the Holocaust, almost in a numbing emotional sense. The cinematography is absolutely gorgeous in this film. Black and white was the way to go. In some senses, I think it helps to keep the picture from overwhelming us and as authenticity of some newsreel from the time. The touch at the end in "present" day of the survivors and their families coming to Schindler's grave is at once touching and haunting without necessarily spelling it out for us. Haunting and moving, it is one of the most weighty and ponderous films but it never harkens from its intensity even being more than three hours. Bravo! Expand
  44. LiM.
    Apr 23, 2008
    It is my favorite film!! I like the story, the music, and the moving performance. Excellent!
  45. AngelBaby
    Nov 27, 2002
    This movie rocks.
  46. ZeriZ.
    Dec 11, 2002
    Spectacular!
  47. PatC.
    Dec 1, 2003
    This movie needed to be made. It was. It's a 10.
  48. AshleyO.
    Jun 18, 2003
    This movie is first rate. I've never seen anything like it and probably never will. Absolutely incredible. When is it going to be available on DVD???????
  49. DildoB.
    Jul 25, 2003
    LOL.. stupid kids... kind of like The Pianist review people saying they are tired of holocaust movies... it's not like it's a big surprise that Schindler's List was going to be sad and depressing, and boring if you don't appreciate this kind of movie. It's like going to see a hockey game and complaining that you hate hockey.. anyway.. The movie was brilliant. I wasLOL.. stupid kids... kind of like The Pianist review people saying they are tired of holocaust movies... it's not like it's a big surprise that Schindler's List was going to be sad and depressing, and boring if you don't appreciate this kind of movie. It's like going to see a hockey game and complaining that you hate hockey.. anyway.. The movie was brilliant. I was blown away by it. I'm not a big history buff, but I really liked this movie. Very sad as well, obviously. I loved the ending... Brilliant movie. Expand
  50. AlexP.
    Aug 18, 2003
    Wonderful.
  51. stanleyh.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Very well done,one of the best ever.
  52. Saz
    May 14, 2005
    A VERY moving film. It deserves every good word it recieves. Liam Neeson is a dramatic genius.
  53. JoshuaR.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Why is this film so great to me? The incredible, indelible speeches: "today is history", "is this the face of a rat?", "nice things cost money", "the war brings out the bad, never the good", "now that's power", ". . .you know the meaning of the word gratitude", "don't forget who you work for", "the list is an absolute good"
  54. CharlieD.
    Jun 15, 2006
    A perfect 10 for this disturbing, touching and vital piece of film. evryone must watch this movie!
  55. BarbieL.
    Jul 18, 2006
    breathtaking. i think people who gave it a low score or called it boring, they obviously weren't watching the same movie as me. It was indeed a story that was meant to be told. bravo steven, bravo.
  56. ChadS.
    May 11, 2007
    This is the only movie I have ever given a perfect ten. Schindler's List is, to put it simply, the best, most well-done, overal greateset movie of our time. It's acting, editing, and directing are done to perfection. Spielsber has proven himself to be a master when it comes to films just by this movie alone. The character of Oskar Schindler could not have been played better, and This is the only movie I have ever given a perfect ten. Schindler's List is, to put it simply, the best, most well-done, overal greateset movie of our time. It's acting, editing, and directing are done to perfection. Spielsber has proven himself to be a master when it comes to films just by this movie alone. The character of Oskar Schindler could not have been played better, and as the movie progresses you begin to love him as not only just another actor in just another movie, but also as a person. Schindler is a real-life hero, and this movie does his life justice. Your emotions will be tied into this film, and you will never forget it. Excellent, excellent movie. Thank-you. Please watch, no matter who you are. Expand
  57. John
    Aug 19, 2007
    Ive seen this movie 10 times and would watch it another 10 times. Amazing portrayal of the holocaust
  58. ChrisD.
    Apr 22, 2008
    Without a doubt, one of the most profound movies I've ever seen. Probably Spielberg's best work. The movie itself is brilliant, but I especially love the end, when they show the real individuals behind the film who were saved by Schindler. That part really got to me.
  59. BobT.
    Jan 15, 2009
    I honestly think anyone who gave this movie below an eight probably has the IQ of a retarted sloth. This movie will grip your soul and take it to new highs and lows. I have never cried watching a movie before(real manly type, yah know) but I am not ashamed to admit to it at this one. WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  60. AlexG.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Well what can i say, this film is a true masterpiece by Steven Spielberg. Each character (especially Ralph fiennes as Goeth) is cast brilliantly and effectively to show us the real horror of the Holocaust. What I love about this film is the cinematography. Techniques such as parallel edits, repeated images and juxtaposition are some of the techniques that Spielberg uses to draw out Well what can i say, this film is a true masterpiece by Steven Spielberg. Each character (especially Ralph fiennes as Goeth) is cast brilliantly and effectively to show us the real horror of the Holocaust. What I love about this film is the cinematography. Techniques such as parallel edits, repeated images and juxtaposition are some of the techniques that Spielberg uses to draw out different emotions. Cinema Verite` is particularly effective in this film. What is really impressive is the characterisation of Schindler, who takes a distinct journey in the film, who in turn takes the audience for a journey with him. A very nice touch with the documentary style ending. To Scott.L who gave it a 0. AllI will say is ehhhh dear. Wouldnt be surprised if this guy gave bio-dome a 10. Wouldnt be surprised at all. Expand
  61. ThinkingMan
    Dec 12, 2003
    Perfect. Masterpiece. I saw it in theaters and not one person made a sound or left until the end of the credits. Absolutely one of the best movies ever made and will ever be made.
  62. Aug 21, 2010
    unless you are a skin head , nazi , or a racist you can not hate this film . this is some of the best film making ever to be done . this is easily spielburgs best film . we all learn in school about what happend to the jews in WWII and most of us just think that sucked and dont think about it much more . well this movie gives a visual view and performances that really make you think aboutunless you are a skin head , nazi , or a racist you can not hate this film . this is some of the best film making ever to be done . this is easily spielburgs best film . we all learn in school about what happend to the jews in WWII and most of us just think that sucked and dont think about it much more . well this movie gives a visual view and performances that really make you think about it alot more . it shows the monsters of humanity in there most vicous form and makes you think . which is very rare in film making . the acting in this film is some of the best ive ever seen raph fines who does amon goth the head of the jewish camp does him so well he comes off more scary then any hollywood monster ive seen . liam neison gives a outstanding perfromance as well as oscar shcindler as we wach a man start off only caring about the jews to make money off of start to see he's working for monsters and has to do something to help. the black and white look was a great idea for this film . it almost makes you feel you are waching a WWII documentory and theese events are really happening . even when you relise you are waching a hollywood film still doesnt change that this is based on actaul events . its a film every one should see atleast once . it is bloody and gory and extremely violent but to do it less then it was woulda been a shame to water down the horrors that happend back then and not tell the story of what the jews really went through in that peroid of time. it is some thing every one should know about so they truely under stand why the nazie's where the scum of the earth. Expand
  63. Aug 16, 2010
    Just an all around Amazing movie. I highly recommend it. This movie just was sooo emotionally satisfying. I can't recommend it enough. It had great acting,directing,cinematography, and everything. It is a bit long though but it's definately worth it if you pay attention to the movie.
  64. Mar 28, 2012
    The black and white was used to eliminate any trace of glamour that critics could potentially accuse Spielberg of showing in his '93 masterpiece. Something as awful as the Jewish Holocaust doesn't need glamour; nay, it needs not to have glamour. The film shows a unique telling of one of the darkest chapters in human history; from the enemy's point of view: in that, it shows that everyoneThe black and white was used to eliminate any trace of glamour that critics could potentially accuse Spielberg of showing in his '93 masterpiece. Something as awful as the Jewish Holocaust doesn't need glamour; nay, it needs not to have glamour. The film shows a unique telling of one of the darkest chapters in human history; from the enemy's point of view: in that, it shows that everyone has a limit, including Nazi Profiteer Oskar Schindler. The only color in the film is the red coat that the protagonist sees for only two brief moments in the film, and so appropriate was the one color choice to be blood red; a coat on an innocent girl, whom everyone is ignoring, just like a blood stain ignored (or insufficiently acknowledged) on human history. Brilliant work overall, and one of my favorite pieces of art. Expand
  65. Mar 6, 2011
    Steven Spielberg's greatest film. Powerful, emotional, thought provoking and a perfect film all around. Liam Neeson's acting is one of the best I've seen around and its directorial work is masterful. Essential.
  66. Nov 7, 2010
    This was a deep, emotional, and horrifying movie. It made you realize what the days of WW2 Germany were like, and the tragedies and disasters the Jews had to deal with. The acting was phenomenal and seeing Schindler try and save the Jews after realizing the things his own country had did to them were comforting and expressible. This was a great film, and as such, deserves to be seen as so,This was a deep, emotional, and horrifying movie. It made you realize what the days of WW2 Germany were like, and the tragedies and disasters the Jews had to deal with. The acting was phenomenal and seeing Schindler try and save the Jews after realizing the things his own country had did to them were comforting and expressible. This was a great film, and as such, deserves to be seen as so, to Schindler's List, may it keep on doing great and keep eye's open to a period in time that needs to be remembered as something to never happen again. Expand
  67. May 4, 2011
    My girlfriend and I were watching this together, she dozed off, I switched channels to watch a football match. One of the most boring movies ever made. Totally lifeless. The black and white doesn't help, and neither does the cinematography. The character were so totally flat, please, who would really care if they live or die ? Just goes to show you that even big names like Spielberg canMy girlfriend and I were watching this together, she dozed off, I switched channels to watch a football match. One of the most boring movies ever made. Totally lifeless. The black and white doesn't help, and neither does the cinematography. The character were so totally flat, please, who would really care if they live or die ? Just goes to show you that even big names like Spielberg can throw interceptions... Expand
  68. Dec 16, 2010
    Excellent film !!!!!!! Such an incredibly hard subject to begin to tackle in a film and do justice to. I think it's very close and done as well as anything we have seen yet. Kudos to all the actors and especially Ralph F.... awesome job.
  69. Feb 5, 2012
    Perhaps the most powerful movie I have ever seen. Every person on the planet should watch this movie at least once in their life. A Masterpiece that I will never forget.
  70. Sep 8, 2011
    One of the best films ever made.......................................................................................................................
  71. Sep 16, 2011
    Certainly one of the best movies I've ever seen. It is heavy and disturbing while describing the Holocaust, but also very detailed and realistic when describing personalities like Amon Goeth's and Oskar Schindler's. I was surprised when I found out, at the end of the movie, that Spielberg was the director, since this is not the type of movie he usually makes. My respect for him improvedCertainly one of the best movies I've ever seen. It is heavy and disturbing while describing the Holocaust, but also very detailed and realistic when describing personalities like Amon Goeth's and Oskar Schindler's. I was surprised when I found out, at the end of the movie, that Spielberg was the director, since this is not the type of movie he usually makes. My respect for him improved because of this movie. Some scenes are simply masterpieces, like those in which you can see some colors. Soundtrack is also great, making it an even more touching movie. Expand
  72. Oct 4, 2011
    A very beautiful, epic and dark story about courage and the desire of living, a masterpiece made by Steven Spielberg this is one of those films which if you didn't like it, you have got no heart.
  73. Jan 24, 2012
    Outstanding! Great performances, insightful, powerful, and touching argument; yet not overly emotional. Beautiful phography, and it is mostly historically accurate- I guess some changes were made- and well, the movies is much, much more! If you haven't seen it, just go and do it...no comments here will be good enough. So experience it yourself for watching this movie, independently of howOutstanding! Great performances, insightful, powerful, and touching argument; yet not overly emotional. Beautiful phography, and it is mostly historically accurate- I guess some changes were made- and well, the movies is much, much more! If you haven't seen it, just go and do it...no comments here will be good enough. So experience it yourself for watching this movie, independently of how you feel when you finish doing it, is 'A MUST' for all those who, as myself, love the performing arts. Expand
  74. Jan 30, 2014
    A gut wrenchingly beautiful masterpiece about the horrors of the holocaust, Schindler's List is Steven Spielberg at his finest and most emotional (rightfully so).
  75. Jan 26, 2015
    One of the scariest movies I have ever seen. But also one of the best and most important. Ralph Fiennes is outstanding as the sadistic nazi officer and Liam Neeson is a great Schindler. A must see.
  76. Nov 4, 2013
    This movie is a heartbreaking masterpiece. Directed by Steven Spielberg, "Schindler's List" is a powerful, superbly acted, fantastic example of what a movie should be like. The cast is brilliant with Liam Neeson playing Oskar Schindler, Ben Kingsley playing Ihtzak Stern and Ralph Fiennes playing Amon Goeth.
  77. Nov 6, 2013
    The most personal movie of Stephen Spielberg. Rumor has it that the atmosphere in the set was grim and tense and after I watched it, I can pretty much tell that the rumor is justified.

There won't be any comments from me about Schindler List apart from I have always considered this movie as one of the best movies ever. The duration is superbly long but when I watched it I hardly felt any boredom coming. The movie is shown in black-and-white without any color EXCEPT for one person-if you have watched it, you'll know what I mean-and one watery-eyes moment in the end. That being said, you don't need to mind the colors too much as the plot will surely give you a hook.

This movie isn't for everybody and the tone is dark, I won't recommend Schindler's List if what you mostly watch are just romance and drama movies.

PS: Ralph Fiennes is fantastic in this movie. You can always feel how evil he is whenever he is on the screen.
  78. Jan 3, 2014
    3 horas do mais puro realismo sobre o holocausto. A Lista de Schindler um filme de partir o coração, uma obra prima do cinema moderno consegue se manter esteticamente deslumbrante com fotografia magistral e teor histórico relevante que impossível de ser descartado.
  79. Nov 26, 2012
    Honestly one of the greatest motion pictures of all time. Steven Spielberg really out did himself here with this film. It is sheer genius and a perfect picture. He couldn't have painted a better picture.
  80. Oct 23, 2013
    I have watched this so many times I don't even remember. Has to be one of my top five favourite movies of all time. There are no words for it. Every scene rips through your soul and makes you shudder, but not in a sappy kind of way. But in the sense that you wonder if mankind is even capable of such barbarity. There is no effort to make you cry and feel sorry for the devastation of livingI have watched this so many times I don't even remember. Has to be one of my top five favourite movies of all time. There are no words for it. Every scene rips through your soul and makes you shudder, but not in a sappy kind of way. But in the sense that you wonder if mankind is even capable of such barbarity. There is no effort to make you cry and feel sorry for the devastation of living breathing human beings, but on the contrary, the narration is objective and kind of lists the series of events without pretence. That's why it is so raw, and you draw your own meanings from it. Whole scenes pass without any background music to tell you how you should feel about it. Makes you experience war in a disturbingly intimate manner, like you are a spectator, watching silently as murder is committed before your very eyes, and you don't have the spine to make it stop. It is only later, when it's all done, and it's time for reflection, that the score sets in. And I couldn't find it in me to resist the tears. The scenes about the little girl in the red coat were especially unbearable. The score is so haunting and chilling that it picks you up and sets you in a whole different environment. The running time runs extremely fast. I'm aware that some of us may not have the level of concentration to sit through a three hour epic, but whoever prides himself in being able to appreciate art will have no problems. Expand
  81. Dec 1, 2012
    The movie is brilliant, but a bit tricky. You can't watch it with the mind of today. You have to literally send your mind back into 1930's, but you can't stop there. Now you have to become German and try to see it from a German's view. This movie is for someone who is INTELLECTUAL and can pick up on the hidden meanings. It's not meant to be viewed by someone who doesn't have the mentalThe movie is brilliant, but a bit tricky. You can't watch it with the mind of today. You have to literally send your mind back into 1930's, but you can't stop there. Now you have to become German and try to see it from a German's view. This movie is for someone who is INTELLECTUAL and can pick up on the hidden meanings. It's not meant to be viewed by someone who doesn't have the mental capacity to see PAST the movie and into the meaning. Expand
  82. Jan 24, 2013
    Schindler's List is an epic masterpiece that reaches down into the soul of human nature and plays with the strings of our hearts and minds by sending us to one of the worst places imaginable. This film is not only one of cinema's greatest treasures, it is also my favorite film ever made. This work of art takes us into Steven Spielberg's vision of the Holocaust, and serves us a deep andSchindler's List is an epic masterpiece that reaches down into the soul of human nature and plays with the strings of our hearts and minds by sending us to one of the worst places imaginable. This film is not only one of cinema's greatest treasures, it is also my favorite film ever made. This work of art takes us into Steven Spielberg's vision of the Holocaust, and serves us a deep and thrilling story about a hero who saved hundreds of people due to his bravery and courageousness. Steven Spielberg is a true genius; in his career he has created classics such as Raiders of the Lost Ark or E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, but no film he has ever crafted will ever live up to this one epic masterpiece of a film that changed the world of cinema forever as we know it. When this film released in 1993, Steven Spielberg proved that he was not just a great filmmaker, he was an artist. He gives the film so much power and depth to the characters and story, and no drama film will ever be able to touch the soul as this film did for me. A masterpiece like this is hardly ever released, and it's not only about the Holocaust itself, it's also about a hero and how he stood up to the walls that surrounded him. Oskar Schindler is one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known in my opinion, a member of the Nazi party who saw the corruption of what was going in this terrible time and did all that he could to save as many Jews as possible. In the film he witnesses a girl in a red dress walking through the streets of Poland as Nazi's are grabbing Jews, and later he sees the girl in that same dress dead along with the other Jews about to be burned. This revelation changes Schindler from a businessman into a man who sees the true evil of The Holocaust. Oskar really is a flawed man as well, he has his problems like any normal human but his intentions still make me see him as a great man. Liam Neeson's performance in this film is almost too good to be true, and he deserved an Academy Award. This is acting at its absolute best and his final scene where he cries over the fact that he could've saved more people always brings me to tears. Ralph Fiennes plays a truly sinister man as Amon Goeth, one of the worst men I have ever witnessed in a film. He is ruthless and insane, but we see in some scenes that he is in love with a Jewish woman named Helen. This is a very important part of his character, as it shows he has humanity inside him and that proves that he truly is a horrible man if he can feel love and compassion and still be that ruthless. Fiennes plays this role brilliantly, and his darkness and depth he gives the character amazes me to this day. Ben Kingsley plays Itzhak Stern who is Schindler's accountant and business partner during the events of the film, and he really is a symbol of Schindler's bravery. He has a Jewish man working for him and they soon become very close, and that proves that Schindler truly grows a love for the Jewish people that begin working for him. Ben Kinglsey is flawless as always and was truly the only man who could've pulled off the character with such passion and sympathy. Steven Spielberg has always taken us into films where we wish we could've joined the adventure, but this was his first movie where I wanted nothing to do where he had taken us. While other Holocaust masterpieces like The Pianist or Life is Beautiful are incredible for showing the survival of the Hlocaust, this one is a masterpiece for showing the brutality of it. This was like nothing he had done before, and I am overwhelmed with happiness that other people love this film as much as I do. This flawless masterpiece has been criticized by many ignorant people that have different issues with the film, and I think that' they have issues with the fact they couldn't think of a better film themselves. Spielberg is truly, in my opinion, the greatest director of all time, mainly because he has been able to bring us both dramatic masterpieces like this and entertaining masterpieces like Indiana Jones or Jaws. Schindler's List is my all-time favorite film, and for me, no other drama will ever be able to live up to the visionary genius that Spielberg has given us, and no other film will ever effect me like this movie has done. Expand
  83. Feb 22, 2014
    Honestly, this movie touched my heart so much. It was as if I could feel the sufferings at that time. Truly this is a masterpiece that should be remembered for coming ages.
  84. May 31, 2015
    Speechless... I dont want to comment this masterpiece.. if you're wondering to watch it or not....don't! This is one of the best movies i've ever seen
  85. Mar 31, 2013
    Una historia asombrosa, que te encoge el corazón, de ver capaz de lo que es el hombre, pero que por otra parte arroja un rayo de esperanza, al ver como puede redimirse un pragmático hedonista como Schindler, y convertirse en un ejemplo de altruismo y salvación.
  86. Jun 18, 2013
    Simply beautiful, sad, and a masterpiece. Definitely one of Steven Spielberg's best along with E.T., Raiders, Jaws, and Saving Private Ryan. One of the most realistic movies ever made.
  87. Oct 27, 2013
    It's a masterpiece, in general, an accurate and amazingly written screenplay about a man who realized that these suffering people were no different than him and his party. Liam Neeson's acting is superb, but Ralph Fiennes is something else, something that is complicated, sadistic, and overall, pure evil. My ancestors perished in a concentration camp. This story gives the Jews what theyIt's a masterpiece, in general, an accurate and amazingly written screenplay about a man who realized that these suffering people were no different than him and his party. Liam Neeson's acting is superb, but Ralph Fiennes is something else, something that is complicated, sadistic, and overall, pure evil. My ancestors perished in a concentration camp. This story gives the Jews what they deserved; some sympathy. It's realistic and compassionate and one of the greatest films ever made. Spielberg will go down in history one of the top film directors (right below Stanley Kubrick). Expand
  88. Aug 13, 2014
    Spielberg exceeds his previous great movies with this one. Dealing with a subject that is not the most attractive, the movie avoids being depressing and hard to watch. Perfectly directed, great performances, marvelous story-telling, while using black-and-white technique doesn't drive off the least demanding movie lovers. However, it's length does. Gilliam criticized the "stupid" endings ofSpielberg exceeds his previous great movies with this one. Dealing with a subject that is not the most attractive, the movie avoids being depressing and hard to watch. Perfectly directed, great performances, marvelous story-telling, while using black-and-white technique doesn't drive off the least demanding movie lovers. However, it's length does. Gilliam criticized the "stupid" endings of Spielberg, including the ending of this movie. I can agree with him, although the ending is good enough to make this movie worth watching not just once, but lots of times. Marvelous movie. Expand
  89. Mar 29, 2014
    This is an extremely harrowing and toutching film. Well written, beuatifully directed and supebly acted. The cinematography is materful, never seen anything else like it. Liam Neeson and ralph finnes act so natrually together, and their performances are believable and moving. Though provoking and highly recomended film.
  90. Dec 22, 2013
    This is, undoubtedly, Steven Spielberg's best movie ever. A touching story truly depicting the horror and pain that Jews people had to suffer under Nazi regime. Liam Neeson's acting was so perfect that you certainly couldn't ask for a better actor.
  91. Sep 1, 2015
    Epic historical dramas don't get much better than this. Probably the most visceral recount of the Holocaust ever brought to cinema; the sporadic violence is brutal yet purposeful, shocking without feeling exploitive. The cast is all excellent. It's three hours long, yet you hardly feel the length. Like Lord of the Rings, it's so massive and engrossing that time stops mattering.
    What
    What really makes this movie special, though, is its treatment of Schindler himself. The character isn't a particularly nice man. He's adulterous. He's erratic. He loses his temper. He's also kind of a pedophile, at least in one scene. Most "great man" epics would try to gloss over these imperfections and have him redeem himself in the end through his valiant actions. But Spielberg's too smart for that. He doesn't try to scrub Schindler clean of his sins. He presents the Nazi renegade warts and all, and as a result, Schindler feels achingly real (and Liam Neeson's outstanding performance certainly helps). You want to see him succeed, to overcome his personal demons for the greater good, and every little moment of light in his darkness feels profound. In the end, though, his triumph isn't particularly heroic. I won't spoil how it ends, in case you haven't seen the movie, but there's a scene near the end where Schindler tries to come to terms with the massive good he's done and what it means for him. It's heartbreaking, and one of the best-earned crying scenes in movie history.
    Seriously, see this movie. It's epic, unflinching, riveting, and utterly beautiful.
  92. chw
    Jul 18, 2014
    Schindler's List was a great movie, but I think they could have made it a bit shorter because it would still be a fantastic movie with some parts cut out.
  93. Mar 29, 2014
    Superbly done all over. Perfect casting, Smart direction, Brilliant score thanks to John Williams, And one of the BEST Films ever made on Humanity... Hats oFF !!
  94. Oct 18, 2014
    Obra maestra absoluta, devastadora, cruda, impresionante. No se hace pesada pese durar 3 horas, te mantiene en tensión todo el rato. Actuaciones memorables. Quizás la mejor película sobre el nazismo jamás hecha.
  95. Sep 11, 2014
    THis is tone of the all-time best films, ever. It's based on a true situation, and from a dramatized novel written by an Australian author. It presents a famous event from a very interesting angle, and cleverly tries to undercut your expectations of how things work.

One of the most under-appreciated aspect of this film is the way the emotions are so carefully played through, from serious drama to light comic moments to dark humour to heart-wrenching tragedy - even in the same scene!

I totally love how this film sets things up, then plays them out with some wonderful character insight and great dramatic twisting. Textbook example of how to do top-class storytelling to get viewers involved in the situation, and do a world-famous event and still keep it fresh.
  96. Sep 12, 2014
    Spielberg’s dramatic masterpiece showcases a strong cast, effective filming and amazing story. The ending of the film is one of the best in film history and it makes my top 10 of all time!!!
  97. Oct 23, 2014
    There are only a few films ever made that require the value of IMPORTANT. This film may rate near the top in that rare category. It is the true story that matters most here although the acting is more than sufficient. Special attention should be given to Ben Kingsley in his portrayal of Issac Stern, Oscar Schindler's link to the Jewish leadership. Mr Kingsley simply nails the personalityThere are only a few films ever made that require the value of IMPORTANT. This film may rate near the top in that rare category. It is the true story that matters most here although the acting is more than sufficient. Special attention should be given to Ben Kingsley in his portrayal of Issac Stern, Oscar Schindler's link to the Jewish leadership. Mr Kingsley simply nails the personality and character of a man who, reluctantly almost to the very end, is the key figure to the success of Schindler's eventual passion of saving as many Jews as possible, though it cost him everything. The brilliance of Steven Spielberg is in no short supply here as he paints a bitter but realistic picture of the real suffering of the holocaust Jews during World War II Europe. We now understand better how and why these Jews could not imagine the horrors they would face until too late. Spielberg holds nothing back here. The children, the elderly, and even the preferred Jewish servants of the Nazis have screen time and as brutal as it is on screen, the actual abuse remains largely unimaginable in modern eyes. Although some of the film teases us with a documentary flavor, Spielberg is able to transform Schindler and the audience into helpless emotional characters reaching for tissues. The moment Schindler realizes his ring and especially his car might have saved a few more Jews from the ovens, we are tearful wrecks! The most IMPORTANT film in my rather larger collection of classic films. Expand
  98. Jan 19, 2015
    One of the greatest epics of all time. The Schindler's list portrays the brutality and savagery of man's heart with the contrast of generosity and good will. It will leave you inspired, shocked, sad but most of all extremely satisfied by the three hours of this Spielberg masterpiece.

A ruthlessly unsentimental portrait of a German war profiteer's epiphany that inspires neither sorrow nor pity, but a kind of emotional numbness.
  2. A powerful and affecting piece of work.
  3. Chicago Tribune
    Reviewed by: Gene Siskel
    What is surprising is how well Spielberg captures the horror, moving his camera with the fury of a combat photographer on the run. [17 Dec 1993]