5.4

1. Oct 23, 2010
    Ignore the critics. I had a great time watching this hilarious adaptation of the animated TV series from the late 60s.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    This is probably the best you're going to get attempting a live-action Scooby Doo. It's just not meant to be.
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    Yup. The crude poster says it all....
  4. Jun 5, 2012
    Ignore All The Bad Reviews From Critic's This Is A Cute Scary And Funny Movie!
    A Really Good Adaptation From Scooby-Doo Where Are You?
  5. Apr 18, 2011
    I Have Allways Loved S.D. But I Also.... Love This Movie! A Great Childrens/Teen Movie! Overall The Acting Is Very Good & Cute :D The Script Once In A While Seems Repeating Its Self...
    Overall 9!
  6. May 11, 2011
    Like many others, I enjoyed and liked this film as a kid. But now, as an adult, I can proclaim that this is a true piece of crap. First things first, Matthew Lillard plays the role of Shaggy brilliantly, it's like the dear (alleged) stoner has been brought to life. Shame about everyone else. The other actors play the role as best as they can, but can't overcome this weak script. Scooby and Scrappy look so fake, theres no way anyone would mistake them for real dogs. And of all the villians to bring into the film, why ue none of them and make Scrappy, the most annoying thing about the cartoon, the bloody villian? The plot is nonsensical, the jokes aren't funny at all and the villians are ill concieved. The traps aren't even as good as the cartoons. At least Sarah Michelle Geller gets to kick ass, Buffy style Like the flintsones, alvin and the chipmunks, Garfield and many (MANY) others, a live action film of a cartoon show does not work. Is there any good live action films based on cartoons? Apart from Death Note and Transformers (1st one), I don't think so. (I'd like to hear if you think theres actually any good live action films based on cartoons, just comment) Just shudder in anticipation for the Smurfs movie Expand
  7. Mar 5, 2011
    I am a huge fan of Scooby Doo, or at least I am of the old school Scooby Doo, now days they just can't seem to get it right, take this movie for example it's garbage, they made a terrible plot, the characters I loved unlikable, and added some cursing and sex jokes, just like the new tv shows this movie can't seem to get what Scooby Doo is (or was), which is a shame because I was really looking forward to this movie, but was sadly disappointed. Expand
  8. Dec 3, 2011
    This Scooby-Doo movie may have occasional strange humor, but the mystery and story of the movie make sense enough that you can enjoy it. You may like the silliness.
  9. Feb 22, 2013
    Scooby-Doo was one of the cartoons I grew up with as a kid, plus this came out when I was about 6 or 7 so I grew up with the films too and back then they were awesome, but now...not so much.
    Scooby-Doo opens with the case of the Luna Ghost in which Mystery Inc disband due to disagreements which have been piling up over years. 2 years later they are all invited to Spooky Island by Emile
    Mondavarious to solve a new mystery. However as they try to work individually to solve the mystery they realise they need each other and that this is no normal mystery, that it could lead to the end of the world.
    Scooby-Doo is a great kids film but there is nothing there to satisfy anyone older than 9. The story is poorly written, acting is shoddy (a big surprise seeing as Matthew Lillard from films such as Scream Final Destination plays Shaggy), CGI is poor at best and the camerawork editing are atrocious.
    As a 90 minute episode of the TV series this would have been great, but as a live action standalone title Scooby-Doo the movie just doesn't quite cut it to be an averagely good kids film due to some rookie mistakes, but I'm sure the kids will love it either way.
  10. May 18, 2012
    A great family movie if you have kids that like the Scooby-Doo cartoons, then you should definitely watch this with them. Matthew Lillard plays the perfect Shaggy, he sounds like the original cartoon version. And is now playing the voice of the character on the new Scooby-Doo cartoon. Linda Cardellini also did great in her role as Velma. And Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr did good too. Expand
  11. Jul 14, 2012
    It's not an abomination, but it really is an insult to the TV show that I love so much. I loved Matthew Lillard as Shaggy, though, as he stole every scene he was in. The rest of the cast wasn't as good, the story was lame and only a few of the jokes were funny. Watch the show instead.
  12. Dec 23, 2013
    Not funny, immature and a complete insult to the cartoon that it was based on. This is a film that my entire family remembers in infamy. It is the only film that we all agree on a rating for and that rating that we agree on is: terrible. If you like fart jokes and fourth grader style humor this is the movie for you. If not avoid at all costs.
  13. Jan 12, 2013
    It is entertaining and fun.
  14. Mar 19, 2013
    I read someone here say that this is as good as a live action Scooby-Doo movie is going to get, and that is pretty much very true. Velma, Shaggy and Scooby in this movie are great and play their roles loyally to their cartoon counterparts, particularly Lillard who seems like he was born to play this role. Sarah Michelle Gellar & Freddie Prinze Jr on the other hand do look the part, but unfortunately it is hard to see them as their characters as they are a bit too high profile for the roles they are playing. Overall this is movie perhaps tries to be a bit too serious at times but is overall good for some plain old fun. Expand
  15. Jun 3, 2013
    This movie is great. Scooby and Shaggy made me laugh so much! I hope they make more because you never know what is going to happen next to the gang. Scooby Doo, where are you??
  16. Sep 14, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto, no tanto pero me gusto.La veo como una pelicula para niƱos, no para adultos.Lo malo de esta pelicula fue el cambio de personalidad de los personajes comparados con los de la serie original.
  17. Jun 20, 2013
    The movie started off with the potential to be funny, but, threw away that potential and made it too corny. The villains were horrible, the ending felt forced, there were too many fart jokes, and they tried to make too many jokes that are innapropriate for little kids but that they wouldn't understand, that were there for adults only. Shaggy and Velma actually felt pretty spot-on, characterization and visual-wise, but, Fred and Daphne were off. Fred was arrogant, and Daphne was whiney, which just didn't feel right for either of them. It's sort of a fun movie, but, it has a lot of failed moments and feels like wasted potential. Expand
  18. Mar 12, 2014
    Incompetent, silly, and poorly made, the live action Scooby-Doo rehash sucks. It offers little redemption of any kind for its countless flaws. Pass on it.
  19. Jan 12, 2014
    On New Years Eve, I rented the Scooby Doo film to watch with my brother. Unlike the Scooby Doo cartoons, this movie is a lot different. The main plot is when the gang catch a ghost and unmask him but due to problems in the gang, they split up which leaves Shaggy and Scooby. Later on, they are all invited to an island called Spooky Island where they have to solve the mystery of the visitors being cursed.

Some of the things I liked about the movie would have to be the fact that it pretty much retained the Scooby Doo cartoony action and the fight scene with Daphne and Zarkos. It also has a plotline which you would normally find in a cartoon. I like how they made Scrappy Doo the villain this time as he was an annoyance in the cartoon. He was the main reason why the Scooby Doo franchise was ruined in the first place.

The main problems with the movie were the humor at times was a bit too mature, the higher level of violence and mostly the use of mild language in a movie based on the children's cartoon (it is most notable in the ending cutscene when Scrappy says "I would have got away with it if it weren't for you meddling son of a-". I felt that the movie would have done better without those additions.

Overall, I think it is best that kids avoid this movie as it is more violent than the cartoons, it has humor that they will not understand and there is mild language in certain parts. Some people might find the movie good though but others may want to avoid this movie.
  20. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hate this movie, it is just horrible, the CGI is **** the movie tries to parody the original show, but fails horribly, the actors are awful, and for some **** reason they made Scrappy-Doo the villain, which is **** stupid. Expand

As live-action adaptations of cheap, unapologetically stupid cartoons go, this is top of the line: The cast is appealing, the sets brightly colored and fun to look at, the mystery as lame and goofy as any featured in the many inexplicably beloved Scooby-Doo cartoons.
  2. Bland, inoffensive, formulaic and occasionally amusing - just like the animated kids' show that inspired it.
    This excruciating adaptation of the innocuous '70s cartoon show makes the film version of "Josie and the Pussycats" look sophisticated by comparison.