Scooby-Doo

5.5

1. Sarah
    Oct 28, 2002
    And all three points go to Lillard. He IS Shaggy. Definately made for the role. Not much can be said for the rest of the cast though. Cardellini, while a babe, bored me with her dull voice. Sure, it suits Velma, but the hint of sqeakiness to it just makes my skin crawl. //The guy she got drunk with was pretty cute though. ^_~// Gellar and Prinze? Gah. Those two I have developed a stong And all three points go to Lillard. He IS Shaggy. Definately made for the role. Not much can be said for the rest of the cast though. Cardellini, while a babe, bored me with her dull voice. Sure, it suits Velma, but the hint of sqeakiness to it just makes my skin crawl. //The guy she got drunk with was pretty cute though. ^_~// Gellar and Prinze? Gah. Those two I have developed a stong sense of dislike towards. It's bad enough that Prinze's ego annoys me to no end, but Gellar's constant whining makes me want to slap her. Unfairly, I suppose. Still, good casting. These two wouldn't be able to get a more perfect role. Again, cheers to Lillard. And Scooby. Expand
  2. OrigS.
    Jun 17, 2002
    Please, don't pass the scooby snacks...
  3. ErinS.
    Apr 9, 2003
    This movie was stupid and annoying i wish i would've never seen it.
  4. ShannonH.
    Nov 2, 2002
    This movie stinks. To find out more about this movie, look up "excrement" in the dictionary.
  5. SteveD.
    Dec 6, 2002
    This could be a primer on how to make a bad movie. Start with an idiotic script. Hire an actress with just enough talent to help ruin the camp value. Toss in an awful, self-referential ending, and viola, you have this awful thing. Oh yah, and the CGI Scooby was much scarier than any of the monsters.
  6. JJ
    Jun 19, 2002
    One of the only movies I walked out on. TERRIBLE!
  7. TheBlob
    Jun 22, 2002
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen!
  8. DecepticonP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Pure agony. I was really looking forward to this but the event itself was worse than being stuck in a lift with Coldplay without sharp objects to hand.
  9. GaborA.
    Apr 4, 2004
    There are brief moments of bearable humor, but its realy hard to laugh with puke in your mouth. I hated the show but nothing prepared me for the sickening vulgar disgust this movie calls jokes. And when its not stupid or vulgar its just flat out annoying. All the pills in a CVS couldnt make this watchable let alone entertaining.
  10. Rosemary
    Nov 4, 2002
    Sometimes when I take the kids to a movie the REALLY want to see, but I don't, I'm pleasantly surprised. Not this time. The term brutal comes to mind.
  11. MichaelR.
    Oct 18, 2002
    This is not only the worse film based on a cartoon that I have ever seen, but it is the worse summer blockbuster that I have ever seen. (Yep, there is finally something worse than Wild Wild West.)
  12. EarlD.
    Jun 19, 2002
    Almost unwachable.
  13. LarryM.
    Jul 25, 2002
    One of the most ridiculous movies I have ever seen. Very little plot and immature characters make this a nonsense of a film.
  14. AndrewB
    May 21, 2005
    Received the DVD as a free throw-away from British Telecommunications. Presumably an advertising gimmick. Watched this sat on setee with my son with my knee packed in ice after an injury and him recovering from a viral infection. Seems to sum up the film well - him recovering from vomiting and me in agony. Hopefully it'll be years and years before either of us is ill enough to watch Received the DVD as a free throw-away from British Telecommunications. Presumably an advertising gimmick. Watched this sat on setee with my son with my knee packed in ice after an injury and him recovering from a viral infection. Seems to sum up the film well - him recovering from vomiting and me in agony. Hopefully it'll be years and years before either of us is ill enough to watch it again. I recall watching the cartoons after school years and years ago. Wish I'd got myself a life and smashed the box.... British Telecommunications? A profits warning a few years ago....I hope they sacked that advertising executive....but that'll explain why they were giving away the DVD for free! No sane person would want to own one - surely not. Expand
  15. May 11, 2011
    Like many others, I enjoyed and liked this film as a kid. But now, as an adult, I can proclaim that this is a true piece of crap. First things first, Matthew Lillard plays the role of Shaggy brilliantly, it's like the dear (alleged) stoner has been brought to life. Shame about everyone else. The other actors play the role as best as they can, but can't overcome this weak script. Scooby andLike many others, I enjoyed and liked this film as a kid. But now, as an adult, I can proclaim that this is a true piece of crap. First things first, Matthew Lillard plays the role of Shaggy brilliantly, it's like the dear (alleged) stoner has been brought to life. Shame about everyone else. The other actors play the role as best as they can, but can't overcome this weak script. Scooby and Scrappy look so fake, theres no way anyone would mistake them for real dogs. And of all the villians to bring into the film, why ue none of them and make Scrappy, the most annoying thing about the cartoon, the bloody villian? The plot is nonsensical, the jokes aren't funny at all and the villians are ill concieved. The traps aren't even as good as the cartoons. At least Sarah Michelle Geller gets to kick ass, Buffy style Like the flintsones, alvin and the chipmunks, Garfield and many (MANY) others, a live action film of a cartoon show does not work. Is there any good live action films based on cartoons? Apart from Death Note and Transformers (1st one), I don't think so. (I'd like to hear if you think theres actually any good live action films based on cartoons, just comment) Just shudder in anticipation for the Smurfs movie Expand
  16. Oct 17, 2011
    Yup. The crude poster says it all....
  17. Dec 23, 2013
    Not funny, immature and a complete insult to the cartoon that it was based on. This is a film that my entire family remembers in infamy. It is the only film that we all agree on a rating for and that rating that we agree on is: terrible. If you like fart jokes and fourth grader style humor this is the movie for you. If not avoid at all costs.
  18. Mar 12, 2014
    Incompetent, silly, and poorly made, the live action Scooby-Doo rehash sucks. It offers little redemption of any kind for its countless flaws. Pass on it.
  19. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hate this movie, it is just horrible, the CGI is **** the movie tries to parody the original show, but fails horribly, the actors are awful, and for some **** reason they made Scrappy-Doo the villain, which is **** stupid. Expand
  20. Jan 18, 2016
    Dudes, pass me the Scooby Snacks. I know what to exactly do with them.... not give them to this poor Scooby-Doo movie and actually teach them to make a better movie on the way too.

1. As live-action adaptations of cheap, unapologetically stupid cartoons go, this is top of the line: The cast is appealing, the sets brightly colored and fun to look at, the mystery as lame and goofy as any featured in the many inexplicably beloved Scooby-Doo cartoons.
  2. Baltimore Sun
    Reviewed by: Chris Kaltenbach
    Bland, inoffensive, formulaic and occasionally amusing - just like the animated kids' show that inspired it.
    This excruciating adaptation of the innocuous '70s cartoon show makes the film version of "Josie and the Pussycats" look sophisticated by comparison.