Universal Pictures | Release Date: August 13, 2010
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 1044 Ratings
Watch Now
Bugger217Sep 4, 2017
It was at this point that I wondered if Edgar Wright could do any wrong, because Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a complete delight. Wright's signature style, with sharp editing and cleverly hilarious dialogue help to make this one of the bestIt was at this point that I wondered if Edgar Wright could do any wrong, because Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a complete delight. Wright's signature style, with sharp editing and cleverly hilarious dialogue help to make this one of the best comic book adaptations ever. It's even one of the best video game movies, despite not being based off of a video game. It plays around with video game tropes brilliantly. Unfortunately, the film failed to find an audience at the box office, and while it developed a dedicated following on home video, it still deserves to be seen by so many more people. Expand
MasterRileyJun 2, 2017
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is a fantastic movie with a brilliant sense of style and pacing. The writing, blocking, cinematography, and editing seamlessly blends each scene into the next unlike any other movie I have seen. These techniquesScott Pilgrim vs. The World is a fantastic movie with a brilliant sense of style and pacing. The writing, blocking, cinematography, and editing seamlessly blends each scene into the next unlike any other movie I have seen. These techniques keep the film moving at a quick pace making sure you never get bored. The film also does a tremendous job at balancing real life problems for the characters while also making it feel like a comic book/video game. It is a very unique film that almost anyone can find something of enjoyment out of. Expand
mrdr4gonJun 2, 2017
Probably one of the best directed and edited films ever. The pace of absolutely everything is frenetic and the story is told fluidly. Not a frame in this movie is wasted. It helps that the script, cast, and effects are all also stellar.
rei07Jul 19, 2016
I absolutely like this movie. If you love video games and movies about video games, then this is the right one for you. I absolutely enjoyed Edgar Wright's style with his blend of action and comedy. In fact, I liked this as much as Shaun ofI absolutely like this movie. If you love video games and movies about video games, then this is the right one for you. I absolutely enjoyed Edgar Wright's style with his blend of action and comedy. In fact, I liked this as much as Shaun of the Dead (another one of his films) if not more. The action was fast paced, the story was pretty decent, and the movie was funny and thoroughly entertaining. Even if you're not into the whole gaming scene, it's still possible for anyone to enjoy this movie regardless. If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it. Overall, I give this movie a solid 8.5/10. :) Expand
ComandanteCobraApr 26, 2017
Unconventional movie. It's funny, has a lots of reference, good ost, it's furious, stunning visual experimentation. It's one of those movie that get better with every watch.
Wombats123Mar 21, 2017
I'm in love with this movie. It's perfectly fine if a comedy simply makes you laugh, but Scott pilgrim vs. the world goes above and beyond that, and i praise it for that fact. It's a consistently funny movie that i thoroughly enjoyed, theI'm in love with this movie. It's perfectly fine if a comedy simply makes you laugh, but Scott pilgrim vs. the world goes above and beyond that, and i praise it for that fact. It's a consistently funny movie that i thoroughly enjoyed, the ideas are original and interesting, and the presentation is excellent. Along with that, my complaints are minimal, almost nonexistent. Expand
Jack97Dec 24, 2016
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is brilliantly edited like Edgar Wright's Cornetto trilogy and has unique visuals and fight scenes that really dazzle. But the film's humor doesn't land for me personally, which is surprising given that Shaun ofScott Pilgrim vs. The World is brilliantly edited like Edgar Wright's Cornetto trilogy and has unique visuals and fight scenes that really dazzle. But the film's humor doesn't land for me personally, which is surprising given that Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End are some of my all time favorite comedies. Expand
CodyCoyote64Nov 27, 2016
It has been several years since I last sat through the slog that was Scott Pilgrim vs the World. And to this day I still hear 'fans' of the movie talk about how it's the greatest video game movie ever made. This isn't true. And if you chooseIt has been several years since I last sat through the slog that was Scott Pilgrim vs the World. And to this day I still hear 'fans' of the movie talk about how it's the greatest video game movie ever made. This isn't true. And if you choose to watch the movie, you will see that nothing is good about it. It's awkward, stilted, not funny, and offers nothing of value. It can't even be considered so bad it's good. It's just bad. Although I am primarily a video game critic, and an exceedingly popular, well known, and respected one at that, I feel as if I step forward to call this movie's fans for what they are: Hipsters are who are trying to pretend to be nerds. Let me give you an example of what this terrible film does. So Scott is hanging out with his bros and his lesbian girlfriend or whatever and his psycho high school girlfriend pops in up in the window. The Zelda item theme plays. This is supposed to be a bad thing, why is that jingle playing now? It makes absolutely no sense and was clearly only thrown in because hipsters love Zelda, even though they don't play the games. A better video game movie? Probably Wreck it Ralph. Or maybe even the Super Mario Brothers movie. Even that film had Bob-ombs who did what they supposed to do. Scott Pilgrim is not worth anyone's time. It's an unfocused mess that doesn't really have anything going for it. Expand
PetitBikiniOct 29, 2016
What makes "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" much better than your average comedy flick is it's playful structure and design. I love it when films take risks and play with the narrative. This film is worth the time.
bfoore90Oct 5, 2016
This was such a schlonky movie and I loved it. It literally had everything that could satisfy your inner dweeb with video game references, action, tons of comedy and a tad bit of romance.
TheArchetypesSep 9, 2016
Whenever Michael Cera is in a movie, there is always a connection between the Independent world and mainstream media. In other words, Cera usually stars in movies with an "Indie" theme but is geared towards the general audience (i.e Nick AndWhenever Michael Cera is in a movie, there is always a connection between the Independent world and mainstream media. In other words, Cera usually stars in movies with an "Indie" theme but is geared towards the general audience (i.e Nick And Norah, Juno). In this case, Edgar Wright's (Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz) Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World explores the world of pop culture using a combination of video games and indie rock.

Scott Pilgrim is an adaptation of the obscurely-known comic book series of the same name. Pilgrim, the bassist of the fictitious band Sex Bomb-omb, is a somewhat socially awkward Canadian that always finds himself in a bad relationship. He later meets a dead-pan hipster named Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) and soon dates her. But before Pilgrim can continue to date the mysterious girl, he must defeat her seven-evil exes in glamorous video game-like sequences.

The aspect that makes this movie stand out is its beautiful and clever art direction. Edgar Wright, who is famous for multiple cult hits, directs a film that thoroughly emulates the feel of a comic book/video game. From the apparent onomatopoeias to the video game life bars, the audience gets the feeling that they are watching something truly unique.

The other main characteristic that makes this film work is, as stated earlier, its countless references to pop culture and the Independent-music genre. With music composed by alt-rocker Beck, Canadian band Broken Social Scene, and Metric, this music is stuffed with Indie goodness that will make a hipster smile in their plaid cardigan and wayfarers (Small easter egg: Pilgrim's roommate was reading a fake newspaper with a Neko Case advertisement in it. This is totally irrelevant but it made me smile). It also occasionally ridicules the subculture in a friendly joking manner poking fun at veganism, "mainstream" labels, and common memes ("The first album was so much better than the first first album"). It also obviously succeeds in channeling the video game world with its boss battles and the occasional Zelda reference.

While all this said, the film is far from perfect. The concept of the boss battle gets stale quick; What is amusing at first becomes repetitive and dull. The number of exes, although accurate to the comic book series, is just too much to handle in two hours that it made me wish the final battle would happen twenty minutes earlier. Additionally, the battles are equally immense so its hard to discern that Cera's character is conquering anything significant. The film has a run-time of 112 minutes, and it lost its steam at the three quarter mark. What also is flawed is that the movie is simply brainless and does not have much substance. While I do not expect a movie called Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World to be much of a thought provoker, I just thought that it was too silly for its own good. With an outlandish amount of slapstick humour, it was really hard to see this movie as more than a summer movie.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is a blast. It is filled with so much action and humour that it is definitely worth the price of admission for music and video game lovers alike. There is no doubt that it will become a cult hit just as Edgar Wright's other movies have. But with its lack of substance and excessive silliness, it is disappointing that the movie could have been so much more than a fun two hours to spend.
GarianAug 9, 2016
This movie is a must-see for anyone into gaming/arcade culture even in the slightest. You have absolutely no idea what's going on in the 20 minutes, which sets up a great non-linear structure that eventually does narrow into a linear one.This movie is a must-see for anyone into gaming/arcade culture even in the slightest. You have absolutely no idea what's going on in the 20 minutes, which sets up a great non-linear structure that eventually does narrow into a linear one. However, the awkward erratic comedy keeps you focused as to what's happening on screen rather than predicting what's going to happen later on in the movie, at least for the most part, as there's a few hints as to what generally tends to conclude a comedy movie. A very late review on my part but definitely one of the best feel-good movies I've ever seen. Expand
ThatmoviesdudeApr 20, 2016
Scott Pilgrim vs the World is an indie adaptation of the popular comic, which is actually one of the greatest movies about games ever made, which will make you long to pick up that old NES console and remember gaming as a child, those broughtScott Pilgrim vs the World is an indie adaptation of the popular comic, which is actually one of the greatest movies about games ever made, which will make you long to pick up that old NES console and remember gaming as a child, those brought up in the generation of 8-bit consoles. Well, after a while, it strays from the comic a little, but they have chosen only the best bits to keep.

It's a funny, over-the-top comedy-slash-action-slash-romance movie, with special effects that are extremely believable, and never make you point at the screen and yell, "FAAAAAKEE!!" And as I said before, parts of the comic are cut out, but if you haven't read them, you won't even know.

The evil ex battles are well planned, well set and well executed (check out the 5th and 6th evil ex battles as the phrase "battle of the bands" is taken literally). The script also has a lot of heart and charm to it, and has something in it for everyone.
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
Let me put this lightly: if you were born and raised on video games, or are even familiar with games like Zelda, Street Fighter, and Mario, you will enjoy, if not love, this film. The fast paced editing wrapped around the surprisingly goodLet me put this lightly: if you were born and raised on video games, or are even familiar with games like Zelda, Street Fighter, and Mario, you will enjoy, if not love, this film. The fast paced editing wrapped around the surprisingly good performance by Micheal Cera, supported by a great cast and excellent music make this a great watch. Expand
Kalasanty11Apr 12, 2016
Basically, Twilight for boys. Completely average and ugly teenager being loved by two awesome girls and having fantastic adventures with a lot of action. Well, at least it has some kind of humour going for it. That's something, I guess...
EpicLadySpongeApr 4, 2016
Scott Pilgrim just seems enjoyable to watch. Let's watch him fight the world to win his girlfriend's heart. Yeah, that's very original... any who, this story just seems entertaining to watch.
geo333Mar 14, 2016
The most usual movie but at the same time very creative and artistic.Add to that the humorous story that is well acted by all the cast. In the end Scoot Pilgrim vs The World is a solid unique movie.
Tss5078Dec 6, 2015
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is a film adaptation of one of the most successful teen novels of all time. The story and film have gained an almost cult like following, and I had to see what all the fuse was about. The truth is, that thisScott Pilgrim vs. The World is a film adaptation of one of the most successful teen novels of all time. The story and film have gained an almost cult like following, and I had to see what all the fuse was about. The truth is, that this particular films represents everything that is wrong with our society and youth culture in general. Scott Pilgrim is the kind of guy who likes to label everyone and everything, but worse than that, he rants in circles, using constant innuendos, that only a fourteen year old would understand. The story isn't even that unique or special, as the film moves at lightning speed, which is slightly slower than the speed at which it's star, Michael Cera, delivers his lines. I really felt as though my head was spinning, with a mix of slang and new terminology, that simply didn't make any sense to me. As far as the story goes, it's just another modern love story, featuring a lovable loser in love, which was completely unbelievable. The reason is Michael Cera, who seemingly plays the exact same role in every film. He's this nerdy, uncomfortable guy, trying all these awkward ways to get girls to fall for him, and it never works, possibly because he is one of the most feminine and closeted actors out there today. I generously gave this film 1 star, because I actually did enjoy Scott Pilgrim's band, but aside from that, this film is a complete waste of time. It's star is unbelievable, it's story is overly complicated, and the dialogue is arguably the worst I have ever heard. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World may be your teenage daughters favorite movie, but if you're older than sixteen, you're going to want to skip this one. Expand
TrilobiteGOct 4, 2015
A video game inspired explosion of romance, comedy, art and fast paced action. Scott Pilgrim vs the world is one of my favourite films of all time and deserves so much more praise from critics
AwesomeRaiderMay 13, 2015
Scott Pilgrim vs The World is one of the most original films that i seen
Because I found this movie funny,creative and colorful with a fresh tone of action and teenage romance.
With references to the videogames. And excellent direction of
Scott Pilgrim vs The World is one of the most original films that i seen
With references to the videogames.
And excellent direction of Edgar Wright and the best actuation goes to Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona Flowers XD

Scott Pilgrim vs The World es una de las películas mas originales que he visto
Porque yo encontré esta película divertida,creativa y colorida con un toque fresco de acción y romance adolescente.
Con referencias a los videojuegos.
Y tambien una excelente dirección de Edgar Wright y la mejor actuación va para Mary Elizabeth Winstead como Ramona Flowers XD
homer4presidentMar 29, 2015
This s a fun, inventive, and amazing film. It is ambitious, epic, dazzling, and tries to maybe do too much. It doesn't fully succeed here, but there's so much that is great that it is easy to bypass what little flaws there are.
Signas501Mar 22, 2015
Scott Pilgrim is based off of a comic book series, set protagonist being Scott pilgrim, who is part of a band named "Sex Bob-omb" who falls in love with Remona Flowers, knowing he didn't have much chemistry with Knifes Chao he pursues RemonaScott Pilgrim is based off of a comic book series, set protagonist being Scott pilgrim, who is part of a band named "Sex Bob-omb" who falls in love with Remona Flowers, knowing he didn't have much chemistry with Knifes Chao he pursues Remona until she acknowledges his love for her. However after sleeping with her, Scott finds out that about the "seven deadly exe's" she brokes up with. In order to prove his affection towards Remona, Scott has to defeat the seven deadly exe's. Expand
masseyJan 17, 2015
For fans of all things geeky around the world, this film is for YOU! Comedy, action, romance, video games, music; "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" has everything you could ask for. It very quickly became my favourite film after watching it and IFor fans of all things geeky around the world, this film is for YOU! Comedy, action, romance, video games, music; "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" has everything you could ask for. It very quickly became my favourite film after watching it and I could watch it over and over again without ever getting bored of it; the same way that you could watch the same episode of Friends for the 'nth' time and find it as hilarious as the first.

Though the character feels quite different to his graphic novel counterpart, Michael Cera does an excellent job as the awkward Scott, Kieran Culkin is perfect as Wallace and Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays a much more tragic version of Ramona Flowers but this change still works well.

Scott Pilgrim is a must-see and it deserves more recognition. Go watch it, you'll love it.
SpangleJan 4, 2015
Certainly one of the weirdest films I have ever seen, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is also one of the most entertaining and well made films I have seen. Once I got over the general weirdness of it, the film really took off for me and aboveCertainly one of the weirdest films I have ever seen, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is also one of the most entertaining and well made films I have seen. Once I got over the general weirdness of it, the film really took off for me and above all, is incredibly fun, but most importantly, it is well made. Edgar Wright's style is very abrasive here, since he basically just made it a video game/comic book that was made into a movie, but it really has a very cool and unique look to it that really made the film true eye candy at times. The characters are all pretty well written, though there are some things that really did not work writing wise and I do wish the script was better at different times. The acting was very good from everyone, really loved Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Anna Kendrick here, in particular. While very, very odd, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a shining example of Edgar Wright's talents in the director's chair. Expand
JohnKristoferDec 22, 2014
The Movie is over the top,Silly,dumb,stupid but in a right way,it is also hilarious.This movie is worth to watch with friends with awesome visuals and a good laugh will surely be there.
sonic4presidentNov 11, 2014
Bro, this is essentially the best film ever made. It doesn't have everything in the books, but if it did then it would be way to long so that's to be expected. This film will have you filled with excitement with every battle to come.
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
Unique, fun and very entertaining, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is a very stylish video game adaptation that is incredibly fun to watch. Despite some clichéd scenes, Edgar Wright injects the movie with a sense of wild modern humor to make it aUnique, fun and very entertaining, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is a very stylish video game adaptation that is incredibly fun to watch. Despite some clichéd scenes, Edgar Wright injects the movie with a sense of wild modern humor to make it a memorable watch. Expand
Kai82Sep 14, 2014
I want to give 10/10 but I could not do it. The movie is some of the most awesome things in movie history. The story is deep on many levels and the fighting scenes are unmatched. The humor works very well and there is no bad actor orI want to give 10/10 but I could not do it. The movie is some of the most awesome things in movie history. The story is deep on many levels and the fighting scenes are unmatched. The humor works very well and there is no bad actor or performance in the entire cast. The only negative point were the first 20 minute of the film. It started slow and with some awkward scenes. Many people (some of my friends too) turned away from this movie and missed probably one of the best movies ever made. Because of this I give 9/10 (The mentioned negative point is sadly valid enough). Expand
awkwardMEOWSep 5, 2014
Fantastic. Brilliant. Risky. Beautiful. Superlatives. Humor is not only driven from the incredible dialogue, but from the way the film is directed, edited, and presented. Absolutely see it. Especially if you would be happy to know Cera playedFantastic. Brilliant. Risky. Beautiful. Superlatives. Humor is not only driven from the incredible dialogue, but from the way the film is directed, edited, and presented. Absolutely see it. Especially if you would be happy to know Cera played Final Fantasy 2 song on his bass!! Critics love it too!

Totally reminiscent of some great French New Wave cinema, here's looking at you, Une femme est une femme!
hystrixAug 7, 2014
This movie is a perfect example of a movie which isn't made for the masses. All the references towards old-skool arcade games, comic books etc. make this movie hard to watch for people not into that scene or who didn't grew up about 15 yearsThis movie is a perfect example of a movie which isn't made for the masses. All the references towards old-skool arcade games, comic books etc. make this movie hard to watch for people not into that scene or who didn't grew up about 15 years ago.
Usually i'm sceptical if it's about comic book adaptations, unless it's Marvel/DC Comics, because most of the time the movies try to be to Hollywood like. Not this movie. Wright managed to keep every important piece of the comic and turned it into a perfect movie.

The only reason i'm not giving it a 10, is that although i find it a masterpiece, I understand if the common teenager or adult don't get the references etc. without them the movie is probably just a mere meh (5).
Lord_AngeluzJul 26, 2014
Honestly, I've seen this movie about fifteen times, and every time I see it I find a lot of Easter eggs, as if playing a video game, this movie has comedy, love, action, a great script and the most beautiful soundtrack I've heard in my life,Honestly, I've seen this movie about fifteen times, and every time I see it I find a lot of Easter eggs, as if playing a video game, this movie has comedy, love, action, a great script and the most beautiful soundtrack I've heard in my life, this film does not deserve a 10, deserve a 100 worth of 10. Expand
MovieGuysJul 10, 2014
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World seems more like a video game than a movie (and that's the point), and it literally makes no sense, but it's quirky and funny enough to be watchable.
DirtyDaveJun 23, 2014
This movie is a shock for the senses. The fast paced action and comedy rarely leaves you able to even look away to do something as small as check your phone. The characters, good and bad, are all hilariously overblown in the most enjoyableThis movie is a shock for the senses. The fast paced action and comedy rarely leaves you able to even look away to do something as small as check your phone. The characters, good and bad, are all hilariously overblown in the most enjoyable way. Nerd or jock, you just needed to be a child at some point to get lost in this movie. Expand
RemJun 1, 2014
Two words to describe this movie: NEVER BORING. While the characters' deliverance of the lines may seem hammy, the editing in the movie is among the best of the year. If you have any love for video games or the dating scene, I suggest thisTwo words to describe this movie: NEVER BORING. While the characters' deliverance of the lines may seem hammy, the editing in the movie is among the best of the year. If you have any love for video games or the dating scene, I suggest this movie for you. The songs covered in the movie are also well done as os the performance of Kieran Culkin as Wallace, who made me laugh everytime he made an appearance. The movie is quiick, on point, funny, and full of badass. Expand
DuckNationMay 25, 2014
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was actually a pretty good movie and it was way better then what i thought it was going to be. After hearing good things about the movie from multiple people i decided to give it a watch. Seeing that the DirectorScott Pilgrim vs. the World was actually a pretty good movie and it was way better then what i thought it was going to be. After hearing good things about the movie from multiple people i decided to give it a watch. Seeing that the Director is Edgar Wright the guy that brought us Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End and soon Marvels Ant-Man i should have giving it a chance a while ago. I had just seen this movie for the first time last year when i bought it on blu ray and this is only my second time watching it. I just dont like Michael Cera all that much as he is always the same in all his movies this movie though makes him tolerable. There are so many hot women in this movie Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza but i just absolutely love Mary Elizabeth Winstead she is simply gorgeous especially in this movie all the different hair colors she has and her facial expressions were super cute. Chris Evans part in the movie was hilarious i loved the part when he is walking off the bus and the Universal Studios Theme music starts to play that was too funny. The concept was great and it played out pretty well and the fighting was also kickass. Thomas Jane and Clifton Collins Jr. as the Vegan Police was so random but i found it funny because i know the actors.

Overall i give it a 7.5
Adam201028May 17, 2014
I loved it so much now i am a huge fan the story everything thing is AWESOME in i hope we see a 2nd one. This is for music fans,gamers and movie fans one to bee seen
drlowdonApr 22, 2014
Scott Pilgrim was certainly entertaining in parts but I couldn't help coming away a little disappointed, particularly since I also recently watched the excellent 'Kick-Ass'. Although this film has a similar comic book style it did not haveScott Pilgrim was certainly entertaining in parts but I couldn't help coming away a little disappointed, particularly since I also recently watched the excellent 'Kick-Ass'. Although this film has a similar comic book style it did not have the same level of humour, despite the many pop-culture references, and the action scenes certainly did not match the best that film had to offer (such as Big Daddy fighting through the warehouse).

Overall your enjoyment of the film will depend on how bigger fan you are of popular culture and video games in particular.
Christian0205Mar 30, 2014
One of my favorite films. Full of energy, visuals, black humor, white humor. Video Game turned into a movie. Great soundtrack. Anti-hero movie favorite.
BrosmanMar 29, 2014
An absolutely terrible adaption of the comics. They pretty much got evertyhing wrong about what made the source material so great. Michael Cera is a terrible choice for Scott.
ZombieAxeHeroMar 10, 2014
As a hardcore gamer and total comic book nerd, there is no way I was going to skip this movie. Is this movie stupid? You're damn right it is, but you know what? So are most of the other movies that Edgar Wright directed, and those were allAs a hardcore gamer and total comic book nerd, there is no way I was going to skip this movie. Is this movie stupid? You're damn right it is, but you know what? So are most of the other movies that Edgar Wright directed, and those were all awesome. This, my friends, is another one of his masterpieces, sure to make you laugh uncontrollably for at least five minutes.

To best describe this movie is to call it crazy awesome. The fights are crazy awesome, the way the characters act is crazy awesome, the special effects are crazy awesome, the fact that it takes place in Canada is crazy awesome (Yeah, I'm saying that and I'm Canadian. Sue me). Reuben Langdon making a cameo is crazy awesome. All the references to Zelda, Street Fighter, and Mario are crazy awesome. Good God, is this movie crazy awesome!!! ...you know what's not crazy awesome? The fact that this movie got trampled in the box office by Vampires Suck! That is just disgusting!

Was there anything I didn't like? Well...yes. While I do think Michael Cera did a good job as Scott, I can't help but think that he wasn't the best choice for the role. Maybe that's just me, though. After reading the comics, I also get the feeling that the movie would have been way better had they included just one or two others plot pieces. On that note, this movie felt way too short, but given how much I was enjoying it, it could be longer than all of the Lord of the Rings movies slammed together and I wouldn't care.

Is this movie stupid? Man, you have no idea. Is it for everyone? Absolutely not (hell, my dad thinks it's dumber than Blades of Glory), but for the rest of us? To conclude, let me just say that...well, I'm in lesbians with this movie, and if you have the right mindset when you sit down to watch it, you will be too.
PolisKaninFeb 19, 2014
Scott Pilgrim is a good graphic novel series. Normally when books get turned into films, it ends up worse than the book. However in this case, the graphic novels are good and the film is excellent.
chem64Jan 23, 2014
I absolutely love this movie. The story is amazing, and can be loved by anyone ages 14-30 (and older), and the couldn't of picked better actors to play the characters from the books. Highly recommended.
marcmyworksJan 20, 2014
A fresh take on comic book films, and a true homage to the 16-bit video game culture. Scott Pilgrim is a Canadian boy in a band who finds love in a girl, but first he must battle her exes to win her heart. I admire Edgar Wright's originalityA fresh take on comic book films, and a true homage to the 16-bit video game culture. Scott Pilgrim is a Canadian boy in a band who finds love in a girl, but first he must battle her exes to win her heart. I admire Edgar Wright's originality and guts to take on a project that could have gone horribly wrong. Expand
Iky009Jan 6, 2014
Um dos filmes mais divertidos do ano de seu lançamentoUm dos filmes mais divertidos do ano de seu lançamento Expand
ReubenIsAGodDec 29, 2013
Edgar Wright is easily one of the best directors out their, his films are always, energetic, bold, funny and just a whole lot of fun, to goofy fight scenes, great characters and amazingly witty dialog
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is a 10/10
eagleeyevikingDec 14, 2013
InsaneSamuraiOct 18, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. I have no idea how so many people like this movie as it's mediocre at best. Yes I'm a nerd too. Yes its neat that they referenced some video game stuff. Is that really supposed to be enough for me to root for a total ass of a main character? From the start, this guy has a girlfriend who really loves him, and he ditches her all the sudden cause he likes some other girl more from having a short conversation with her. We also learn that he was dating the drummer of his band and ditched her too for some reason. Not to mention he learns that the new girl he wants is a whore. Doesn't matter, he really likes how she looks or something so he sticks with her. Seriously? Random video game references are enough for everyone to ignore the fact that the main character of this movie is a total jerk who doesn't care about any of the women who have miraculously cared about him?

News flash. Us nerds do not get attention from females like that. Not even close. Making the main character the focus of so much female attention and having him basically ignore them and treat them like crap is reprehensible. But apparently the +7 million points at the end made up for it? *sigh*
sammieteeOct 6, 2013
I started out fairly enjoying this movie. It had a cool premise and stayed true to it's roots but the more I watched it the less I liked it. The characters just started to not be likeable. Michael Cera's acting wasn't fun to watch and I couldI started out fairly enjoying this movie. It had a cool premise and stayed true to it's roots but the more I watched it the less I liked it. The characters just started to not be likeable. Michael Cera's acting wasn't fun to watch and I could really care less. The girl he was after (Ramona) just didn't seem worth the effort. I just had no feelings while watching the movie. Maybe I didn't enjoy it because it's my was my ex's favorite movie but I just stopped enjoying it midway through. Expand
DontSep 6, 2013
The visual novel that this movie originates from tells a witty, quirky, engaging coming of age story. What it was made out to be, however is a romantic comedy action flick. If you expect(ed) more from this film, do yourself a favor and watchThe visual novel that this movie originates from tells a witty, quirky, engaging coming of age story. What it was made out to be, however is a romantic comedy action flick. If you expect(ed) more from this film, do yourself a favor and watch the Scott Pilgrim vs. the Animation (it's four minutes long), and if you've liked it, just read the novel instead. Expand
McLaughlinViewsAug 19, 2013
Edgar Wright's film Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is based on the comic book series of the same name. The film, unlike most, is a lot better than the book series, which is surprising because the books are awesome, making this film incredible.Edgar Wright's film Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is based on the comic book series of the same name. The film, unlike most, is a lot better than the book series, which is surprising because the books are awesome, making this film incredible.

This film is not going to be for everyone, a person I know absolutely hates the film, but yet I love it. She didn't like just how much the plot was like a comic book, thinking that the plot was ridiculous. Although I love the film because it is true to the book and embraces it's comic origins through it's visuals and general feel of the film.

The acting in this film was brilliant, Michael Cera is absolutely hilarious again, perhaps even better than he is in Arrested Development. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is great she sinks into this role well and I couldn't think of a better actor to play the role.

The rest of the cast deliver favorable performances and the visual effects look amazing. Altogether a great cast and crew making an incredibly funny film. Well worth a watch.
dinklsoonsAug 11, 2013
Although the movie lacks the two iconic Edgar Wright actors, Pegg and Frost, this movie does not disappoint. Wright's first two movies were quite cartoony, this movie is over the edge when it comes to that. During fight scenes, Scott andAlthough the movie lacks the two iconic Edgar Wright actors, Pegg and Frost, this movie does not disappoint. Wright's first two movies were quite cartoony, this movie is over the edge when it comes to that. During fight scenes, Scott and his opponent throw powerful punches and are not scratched. This movie has plenty of eye candy throughout which make the overall experience enjoyable. One problem with this movie is that it is hard to make unpredictable. Wright takes this issue and throws it out the window. The plot has plenty of unpredictable twists that will keep you glued to your seat. The acting in this movie is phenomenal. Michael Cera delivers and the wimpy hero and Ramona brings a strong performance as the female protagonist. This movie is best described as a real-life video game action comedy mashup. Overall, Wright hit it big with this movie and he shows that you do not have to like video games to like this hilarious movie. Expand
CursedKnight187Jul 7, 2013
I can't say I really understood what the hell was going on, but nevertheless this movie is definitely a fun, wacky adventure that doesn't really take itself seriously at all. I can't claim to be a fan of Michael Cera, because he just annoysI can't say I really understood what the hell was going on, but nevertheless this movie is definitely a fun, wacky adventure that doesn't really take itself seriously at all. I can't claim to be a fan of Michael Cera, because he just annoys me, but I definitely can say I surprisingly enjoyed this film. Expand
ICEExMagicJul 4, 2013
This movie is WAY better than I thought it was going to be!The story is great,all the characters are awesome and the movie makes you feel like your watching a real life Nintendo game.
imthenoobJun 11, 2013
I put off this movie for so long and I finally got around to watching it and I am glad that I did. It's pretty enjoyable. Absolutely loved Culkin as Wells, He was awesome. Just a very entertaining movie.
BrianMcCriticJun 10, 2013
This is a great movie that is like being in the middle of a video game. Edgar Wright steps out from his normal routine to display a sense of style that is really exciting.
XulnogoApr 27, 2013
Allow me to explain this movie: It first starts out kinda slow, the first 10 minutes are a bit boring and you could swear you're watching one of those independent love films, but then right at the 15 minute mark... BOOM! This movie just slapsAllow me to explain this movie: It first starts out kinda slow, the first 10 minutes are a bit boring and you could swear you're watching one of those independent love films, but then right at the 15 minute mark... BOOM! This movie just slaps you awake and throws all these awesome images at you (in a good way). The humor was great, the characters were awesome and the fighting was some of the best damn fighting I have ever seen in comic book movie.

This is how you bring a graphic novel to the big screen. It's just perfect in every way
Longbottom94Apr 25, 2013
One of the most unique and entertaining visual experiences I have seen. Edgar Wright adds yet another fantastic movie to his ever impressive filmography.
RobyLula555Mar 27, 2013
This is maybe my favourite movie, it's soooooooo fun and creative. I watched it many, many times and i really enjoyed. I recommend it to everyone! GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!
M0vieAddictMar 17, 2013
You can't put a genre on this movie. Music? superb. Visuals? fantastic. The dream movie for anybody who loves comic books, can't talk to that one girl or wants to fight for their relationship. The cast is solid as are the boss battles whichYou can't put a genre on this movie. Music? superb. Visuals? fantastic. The dream movie for anybody who loves comic books, can't talk to that one girl or wants to fight for their relationship. The cast is solid as are the boss battles which flow smoothly. Cera and Culkin carry this tale to the end with their own character quirks and problems. A male version of twilight hyped up on buzz and action and certainly a favourite of my movie catalogue. Expand
StevenFFeb 7, 2013
What a wonderful surprise. Edgar Wright captures such an essence of creativity and all out ridiculousness to bring us Michael Cera in this super-comic tween fest all together and rolled in with flashy colours and glitz to form Scott PilgrimWhat a wonderful surprise. Edgar Wright captures such an essence of creativity and all out ridiculousness to bring us Michael Cera in this super-comic tween fest all together and rolled in with flashy colours and glitz to form Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
Michael Cera plays the titled character, who is part of a mediocre college band trying to make it, he happens across Ramona, a beautiful and pink-hair coloured girl, who he falls for, the problem being that she has seven evil 'exes' who Scott must defeat in order to have the girl of his dreams.
Obviously, the events that occur are not as straightforward as Scott would have hoped. What is striking about this film is how Edgar Wright is not afraid to take a chance and go in all guns-blazing, trowing a nerd-fest party that only the geekiest kids are allowed access to, because this is an all-out comic and game oriented film that has onomatopoeic graphics flashing in front of your face and OCD fast paced directing that will have your brain buzzed. Its what makes this wonderful rollercoaster of a comic book adaption so unique, it won't try too hard to amaze, but simply to entertain in an eccentric and brilliant manner.
It's has great comedic acting all round, particularly a cameo from Chris Evans.
It doesn't get a 10 though, because Michael Cera is perhaps becoming very typecast in these roles, not by any means the film he is in, but his personality doesn't change, the same routine here of the nervous teen who lands the beautiful female lead, perhaps just becoming too predictable, apart from this, an throughly enjoyable film.
moonman1994Jan 28, 2013
Scott Pilgrim is honestly one of my favorite movies. It's witty, funny and full of hilarious references to video games and other parts of pop culture. This movie is romantic and extremely quirky as well. No one can say that Scott Pilgrim vs.Scott Pilgrim is honestly one of my favorite movies. It's witty, funny and full of hilarious references to video games and other parts of pop culture. This movie is romantic and extremely quirky as well. No one can say that Scott Pilgrim vs. the World isn't extremely unique. Sure it's not perfect but it is certainly a movie I can watch over and over again and enjoy each time! Expand
CharadeDec 12, 2012
I find the critics handing out low scores in the media are the old, wrinkly, haggard, grumpy types that will sit through reruns of "lost in translation". The boring types basically.. That's why I've stopped reading critic reviews entirely andI find the critics handing out low scores in the media are the old, wrinkly, haggard, grumpy types that will sit through reruns of "lost in translation". The boring types basically.. That's why I've stopped reading critic reviews entirely and just stick to public opinion. Looks like the public agrees this film is gold. Not every film has to be serious for you to enjoy it. I loved the video game/pop culture references and the comic book style effects. The story wasn't that bad either, something you'd find in a video game having to defeat a number of bosses before getting your prize in the end - the beautiful girl. Well done Edgar Wright..hope we get a Scott Pilgrim 2! Expand
worleyjamersDec 8, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow! What a great movie. Comedies like these tend to not settle well for me, so I was very skeptical about this one. I gave it a shot and it did not disappoint. I absolutely loved this film! A smart, unique film that cannot be missed. I love the way the video game sounds and comic book images were incorporated. It truly sets this film apart. I must mention the dialogue; a great script with perfect lines at the right time. So hilarious! "You punched my boob....prepare to die, obviously," "You made me swallow my gum. That's going to be in my digestive tract for 7 years." At times, the clever, bizarre, quirkiness of this film left me in a state of confusion as to whether or not what I was watching was literal. However, in this particular film, the confusion is part of the joy of watching. It's oddity is so brilliantly executed that the seemingly ridiculous story makes for a very good film. I absolutely loved it! Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Director Edgar Wright brings Bryan Lee O'Malley's famed comic book character to life with "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World". The movie, of course, tells the story of Scott Pilgrim (Cera), a young musician who must battle all the evil exes of theDirector Edgar Wright brings Bryan Lee O'Malley's famed comic book character to life with "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World". The movie, of course, tells the story of Scott Pilgrim (Cera), a young musician who must battle all the evil exes of the girl of his dreams, Ramona Flowers (Winstead). First off, try not to take this movie too seriously - because it's not. If you walked into this movie expecting a tour-de-force tale of love, passion, and perseverance you'd be sorely mistaken. This movie is not meant to be thought-provokingly philosophical. It's meant to be fun - and boy is it fun. I had a pretty darn good time watching "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World". The most entertaining quality of this movie is it's special effects. Granted most of it's CGI, it doesn't hinder the entertainment value. I only wish I would've seen this movie on the big screen - it would've been exponentially more fun to watch. Another great quality of the film is that it features a wealth of tongue-in-cheek throwbacks to some of the classic video games of the late 80s and early 90s. A lot of video game cliches make their appearance in this movie and I (being a nerd) found them highly entertaining to spot. The acting is what it is. It's not really anything worthy of note, but it fits the bill for the overall tone of the movie. The same goes for the script, which, for most of the movie, should not be taken seriously. Wright also employed a lot of CGI to really make the film feel like a comic book. I feel that a lot of these techniques were really fresh, innovative, and even, at times, funny. In the end, Edgar Wright's "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" remains an impressively entertaining adaption of the popular comic book series. Expand
MetalMovieNerdNov 6, 2012
Whoever claims that this movie is bad, go back to watching your awful Oscar-winning films that pretend they have a story when they don't. Movies don't need to have action scenes or explosions to be good, but they also don't need to act likeWhoever claims that this movie is bad, go back to watching your awful Oscar-winning films that pretend they have a story when they don't. Movies don't need to have action scenes or explosions to be good, but they also don't need to act like they're smarter than the audience and don't need to act like they have a plot when they don't. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World had some of the best writing and directing in film since Tarantino made the Kill Bill movies. And the acting has humanity and actual emotion in it unlike whatever wins best picture at the Academy Awards. As much as people aren't going to want to admit it, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is one of the few movies in recent memory that is relevant, like-able, watchable, and is legitimately hilarious. And that is a testament to how good movies can be! Expand
dev92Aug 24, 2012
I really didn't think I would enjoy this film after seeing the trailers but I thought it was fantastic. I enjoyed the comic-book stylings and, for once, thought that Michael Cera played his character just right. He seemed to overcome hisI really didn't think I would enjoy this film after seeing the trailers but I thought it was fantastic. I enjoyed the comic-book stylings and, for once, thought that Michael Cera played his character just right. He seemed to overcome his usual timid self to produce a great display. The villains were also played really well. The plot was a bit silly but it worked extremely well. I am very glad that I watched this film. I don't normally enjoy off-beat comedies but I thought this one was very, very good. Expand
VerdugoAug 20, 2012
Just a charming, funny and quite awesome Movie about a nerdy guy fighting for the girl of his dreams. Transporting an important message about the fight of life.
TokyochuchuJul 2, 2012
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World blends video games, comic books and rock music into a unique generational classic. Comedy, love, heartache, catharsis and epic fight sequences are all deftly handled by director and cast. That's a lot of balls toScott Pilgrim vs. the World blends video games, comic books and rock music into a unique generational classic. Comedy, love, heartache, catharsis and epic fight sequences are all deftly handled by director and cast. That's a lot of balls to juggle but Scott Pilgrim vs. the World makes it look effortless. Basically speaking, if you grew up playing NES, reading comics or listening to indie-rock (as I did) then this movie is absolutely unmissable. Expand
ZilcellMay 28, 2012
Its got it all whether its humor, action, and randomness, even a sprinkle of romance. It also makes tons of references to video games. This movie lets you unleash your inner nerd!
CinePlaceboMay 24, 2012
No es una película que esté proponiendo como primera vez algo, simplemente está articulando lenguajes de diferentes expresiones: comic, videojuegos, cine; y lo hace en un equilibrio a resaltar.No es una película que esté proponiendo como primera vez algo, simplemente está articulando lenguajes de diferentes expresiones: comic, videojuegos, cine; y lo hace en un equilibrio a resaltar. Reseña del filme en http://cineplacebos.webnode.es/news/disfrutando-de-la-juventud/ Expand
dryyoshi7May 10, 2012
This film, was KICK ASS. It was funny, comic like and had some AWESOME fight scenes. I like the fact that it was set up like a comic book with a POW or KASLICE effect when someone punched something. 8 outta 10
potatoes351Apr 1, 2012
As a massive fan of the graphic novel series I couldn't wait to watch Scott Pilgrim. Not to mention I love Edgar Wright as a director however no matter how much i love the film it has its major shortfalls. The biggest problem I found was thatAs a massive fan of the graphic novel series I couldn't wait to watch Scott Pilgrim. Not to mention I love Edgar Wright as a director however no matter how much i love the film it has its major shortfalls. The biggest problem I found was that all 6 books have been crammed into one 2 hour film meaning a lot of detail has been cut out, some of the story had been changed to fit in with the cutting out of content which I felt was wrong and it was all over too quickly. I could not think of a better Scott than Michael or a better Ramona than Mary, the rest of the cast was excellent and great acting. Unmissable but not as good as the books Expand
ScarTissue1990Mar 19, 2012
FINALLY! A movie that makes me happy to live in this generation! "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" is probably one of the most unique, fun, amazing films I've EVER SEEN! Makes me happy just thinking about it.
thescifijovianMar 6, 2012
For the first time agreeing with the user score. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a very fun action-comedy that is clearly not for everyone. There's a reason why it bombed and I'm not sure if I should be recommending the film. Personally it wasFor the first time agreeing with the user score. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a very fun action-comedy that is clearly not for everyone. There's a reason why it bombed and I'm not sure if I should be recommending the film. Personally it was a lot of fun and I liked it very much. I don't think its one of my favorites but it is a film I will watch again if I feel like it. Edgar Wright did not disappoint and I'm sorry I missed out on watching it in a cinema. If you're a full blown adult with no nerdiness at all you may find this movie confusing and dull but if you enjoy videogames this film is a strong recommendation. Expand
GariJan 9, 2012
At last! Found a movie that entertains perfectly. Loved the way they presented comic and games mixture story. If you are a non-gamer or one who just likes adult comedy or emotionally unbalanced or just some sarcastic critic then this movieAt last! Found a movie that entertains perfectly. Loved the way they presented comic and games mixture story. If you are a non-gamer or one who just likes adult comedy or emotionally unbalanced or just some sarcastic critic then this movie might not be for you. Expand
hootisJan 1, 2012
Its nice that they tried something new with this movie, there really hasen't been something this different in a while. I suppose some like it some don't, it was a nice concept but the actors and storyline are just terrible and i couldn'tIts nice that they tried something new with this movie, there really hasen't been something this different in a while. I suppose some like it some don't, it was a nice concept but the actors and storyline are just terrible and i couldn't wait for it to be over. Expand
Potter17Dec 9, 2011
The plot looses its original premise on the half-way of the movie, becoming silly and ridiculous. Still, "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" is funny, fast-paced and original, and if you are looking for fun you should not miss this. It's pure joy!
DoctorWhoNov 29, 2011
An excellent adventure if not taken seriously. Great acting, catchy songs, hilarious jokes and amazing special effects lift this film into the A-list. I think I just found my new favourite film of all time.
buellerbuellerNov 20, 2011
I think that we can all agree on one thing to say about Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: This is the first great video game movie. The funny thing is, the film not based on a video game (it's actually based on a popular comic series.) This filmI think that we can all agree on one thing to say about Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: This is the first great video game movie. The funny thing is, the film not based on a video game (it's actually based on a popular comic series.) This film is something that made Uwe Boll spontaneously combust. Michael Cera is the main cause of this being awesome, blending his dorky cliches with Keanu Reeves's badboy action star persona into a perfect remedy. among the other great performances include Jason Schwartzman and Kieran Culkin, among others. The visual effects are so beautiful and retro and sweet, they make Avatar look like Wright's Shaun of the Dead. Just check out the greatest underrated film of the year and maybe of all time. Expand
Delta_AssaultSep 28, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I quite enjoyed Scott Pilgrim, thought it uh, did a rather good job adapting all six volumes of the comic book into a two hour theatrical experience. That's a lot to cover, but they got the real gist of it.

Well, except for... the thing with Knives Chau. And now, you either get what I'm referring to, or you don't. But I think most people know what I'm talking about when I mention Knives Chau. Cause see, in the comic book, Scott inevitably ends up being with Ramona. They give it another try at the end and we hope for the best. They're meant to be.

And that does happen in the movie as well, that does happen. But the strange thing is, and I felt it for about the last half of the running time... the strange thing is, it kinda feels like the film's leading towards another ending, one where Scott learns the error of his ways, matures, and reunites with Knives at the end. The narrative seems like it's building towards that outcome. It doesn't shake out that way, so I was just left baffled that the tone suggested it was veering towards that. Seemed like they had the Knives ending in mind but changed their minds at the last moment and chopped it out and replaced it with the Ramona ending.
j30Sep 22, 2011
The cast is great, the storyline is ok, the dialogue is clever and funny, and the visual effects are some of the best you'll see this year. I can't recommend this movie enough.
grandpajoe6191Sep 21, 2011
"Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" is ridiculous and unpredictable. That's why I loved it.
hdosorioSep 18, 2011
Best video-game movie ever...Amazing visual style...nice story, good characters, great music. For all of you who enjoy video games, comics and that kind of stuff is a must-see movie, satisfaction guaranteed
CRLSep 17, 2011
This movie had me from the opening 8-bit re-imagining of the Universal theme to the countdown to the closing credits. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is two hours of nostalgic video-game fun with awesome battles, goofy characters, and even theThis movie had me from the opening 8-bit re-imagining of the Universal theme to the countdown to the closing credits. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is two hours of nostalgic video-game fun with awesome battles, goofy characters, and even the occasional hilarious line. Michael Cera does what he does best, the geeky guy falling for the hot girl, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead does the aforementioned hot girl perfectly. They're backed up by Kieran Culkin, whom I think was probably the funniest character of the film, and several short but great appearances by Anna Kendrick. The only flaw that Scott Pilgrim might have is that it can never be taken seriously, so much so that it never even takes itself seriously... but that's the entire point of the film. It's meant to be two hours of pure, delightful enjoyment, and that's exactly what it is. Expand
alexandergreenSep 4, 2011
This is one of my all-time favourite films. Any criticism attributed to this film is just unacceptable, because it's a fast-paced, funny, adventurous movie. Pretty much every single character gives a razor-sharp performance, even if they haveThis is one of my all-time favourite films. Any criticism attributed to this film is just unacceptable, because it's a fast-paced, funny, adventurous movie. Pretty much every single character gives a razor-sharp performance, even if they have just two lines. Michael Cera proves his comedic brilliance once more, Jason Schwartzman (apparently the nicest man in the world, according to others) shows how well he can be an evil bastard, and great comedy turns from Chris Evans and Brandon Routh are the icing on the cake. Expand
J-ShapAug 28, 2011
Scott Pilgrim succeeds where Kick-Ass failed. Yes they share the same wink-and-a-nod style of humor. Yes, they both push effect to ridiculous extremes. Yes, they both try way too hard. But what Scott Pilgrim has is a corny thing to root it inScott Pilgrim succeeds where Kick-Ass failed. Yes they share the same wink-and-a-nod style of humor. Yes, they both push effect to ridiculous extremes. Yes, they both try way too hard. But what Scott Pilgrim has is a corny thing to root it in the hearts if its audience: love. Love for every cheesy moment of nerdy quirks that it celebrates, and love for its own characters and dickish protagonist. Where Kick-Ass mocked itself while still trying to appeal to those who wanted it to celebrate what it was. Scott Pilgrim is in love with itself and all those who love it in return. Technically, that would make it smug, but when a film can honestly say the line "Once you were a ve-gone, but now you will be gone" do you even want to complain about that. Expand
destroya1artAug 16, 2011
BEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN! This movie is just so amazing. In case you don't know, "Scott Pilgrim" is a Graphic Novel Series. It has 6 books and they are all wrapped up into this movie!. and man it is groundbreaking. i Enjoyed the books andBEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN! This movie is just so amazing. In case you don't know, "Scott Pilgrim" is a Graphic Novel Series. It has 6 books and they are all wrapped up into this movie!. and man it is groundbreaking. i Enjoyed the books and even more the movie. The cast is just perfect, they all fit in so perfectly. and many people criticized Michael Cera for playing Scott but after reading the Books and watching the movie over 10 TIMES! I honestly can't think of anyone doing a better job than he did. Everybody else from Kieran Culkin to Mary Elizabeth Winstead were great. Edgar Wright the director did an AWESOMETACULAR job. The pacing is perfect, the action scenes, the comedy, it was right ON!. Mostly everything from the books Transcended onto the movie except for a few scenes and characters. BUT nothing to BIG. THIS MOVIE IS ONE that you'll probably never see again, or maybe you will. ITS ORIGINAL AND PERFECT. If you're a fan of Scott pilgrim Books THEN YOU'LL LOVE IT! 10/10 THE MOVIE OF MY GENERATION. MY INSPIRATION TO BECOMING A FILMMAKER!!!! Expand
schnideAug 1, 2011
Hmm.. Entertainment Weekly called this:

"The first rock & roll kung fu videogame youth love story." ..and that feels very much accurate. But what is it beyond that? The answer I have is, bizarrely, not much. I really was expecting
Hmm.. Entertainment Weekly called this:

"The first rock & roll kung fu videogame youth love story."

..and that feels very much accurate. But what is it beyond that? The answer I have is, bizarrely, not much. I really was expecting something with more substance than style but I felt very let down by it or, even more precisely, never elated. It merely tickled me at best. Like another User Reviewer, it seemed to me like Knives was the most likeable character with Ramona never deserving of her goddess-like status from Scott. Speaking of who, as much as I like Michael Cera, especially when he's challenged by roles such as Youth In Revolt, this was possibly the weakest thing I've seen him in. Supposedly he played a a gaming-hero ladykiller, but I couldn't ever see him as anything else but a wimp from start to finish. Scott Pilgrim Vs The World was what I'd describe as a bubblegum film - slightly chewy, brightly coloured, and easily disposable. I didn't hate it, but I far from loved it.
davenbettridgeJul 19, 2011
SP was a movie on release that really resinated with me. The young mans struggle with love, rock, imagination, competition and growing up was something that I found myself really connecting to in many ways. I often had imagined in my mindSP was a movie on release that really resinated with me. The young mans struggle with love, rock, imagination, competition and growing up was something that I found myself really connecting to in many ways. I often had imagined in my mind many of the things that come to life in the movie while growing up. Having seen the movie many times now I can certainly see that the film isnt perfect, the girlfriend character Ramona is a bit of a bore, and Scotts relationship with Ramona isnt as deep as what it should perhaps be. The pacing also becomes in the later part of the movie a struggle going from fight to fight. The story of the book is more concerned with the comedy of Scott growing up and finding his way in life over a 2 year period and not the condensed fighting that the movie concentrates on. The visuals and sound are nothing short of brilliant and succeed at the highest level. The comedy is also entertaining and there are some great lines and movie moments. I wished that there was that extra 10% of this movie to make it a great film, but what it is good non the less. Thumbs up! Expand
DoyouvoodooJul 13, 2011
This is a pure unadulterated CRINGE FEST from start to finish. It is a pretentious arty/farty emo annoying musical pile of poop. My toes curled throughout and we had to admit defeat and switch it off half way through. DO NOT WATCH! This is myThis is a pure unadulterated CRINGE FEST from start to finish. It is a pretentious arty/farty emo annoying musical pile of poop. My toes curled throughout and we had to admit defeat and switch it off half way through. DO NOT WATCH! This is my number one most hated film with LOVE ACTUALLY a close second. Expand
rotkuJul 2, 2011
Interesting mix of computer gaming and kung fu movie with over the top action scenes and a weird concept of a love story. Although it sounds like a car crash waiting to happen, once you don't take it too seriously it does make for anInteresting mix of computer gaming and kung fu movie with over the top action scenes and a weird concept of a love story. Although it sounds like a car crash waiting to happen, once you don't take it too seriously it does make for an entertaining and enjoyable movie. Expand
GMUJun 12, 2011
Okay, this movie clearly has some flaws / isn't perfect, however I found this movie to be creative and infectious. The theatrical trailer made me want to never me caught dead in a theatre where this film is / was being shown, but now afterOkay, this movie clearly has some flaws / isn't perfect, however I found this movie to be creative and infectious. The theatrical trailer made me want to never me caught dead in a theatre where this film is / was being shown, but now after having seen it I realise how poorly movies can be presented. (I admit I expect way too much, but it's hard not to when you have trailers like Super 8- a bit of a letdown; and Inception- letdown city) In this day and age where movies like 'Clash of the Titans', 'Jonah Hex', 'The Other Guys' are afoot, this film more or less saves the day. Sure you have films like Social Network and Black Swan in the same year (which were both great), but this movie offers a new direction that is unique and fun. Expand
rumi17May 27, 2011
This movie bugged me at first, with its indier-than-thou scene, but by the end I was totally won over. It's just great fun all around, with a large ensemble of characters of true depth that hold your interest, lots of laughs, great music,This movie bugged me at first, with its indier-than-thou scene, but by the end I was totally won over. It's just great fun all around, with a large ensemble of characters of true depth that hold your interest, lots of laughs, great music, and dazzling fight sequences. One of the best movies of 2010. Can't wait until they turn Edgar Wright loose on a Marvel title. Expand
Hectic3006May 27, 2011
Side characters more interesting than main, Cera playing as same as always, stupid and rushed plot - all dragging this movie down; Nothing new or special in this movie.
metboboboMay 19, 2011
This Movie is a injoyalbe ride from beging to end a nother masterpiece by the great Edger Wright this movie was problie the best movie of 2010 Kick Ass is a close 2nd.from the begining to end this movie effects and Comedy will keep youThis Movie is a injoyalbe ride from beging to end a nother masterpiece by the great Edger Wright this movie was problie the best movie of 2010 Kick Ass is a close 2nd.from the begining to end this movie effects and Comedy will keep you hooked. and the main character Scott almost perfictly repesents what a guy wants after a big brake up with a long time girlfriend. and this movie has a lot of injoyable rewatch moments almost just like a Graphic Novel it based on if you go back and rewatch and maybe you'll notice somthing you didnt at first Expand
napstrpsxMay 16, 2011
As a life-long gamer, I was pegged by some friends as the target audience of this movie, despite the fact that I did not get a good vibe from the trailer. I watched it yesterday to see what all the fuss was about, only to be disappointed. IAs a life-long gamer, I was pegged by some friends as the target audience of this movie, despite the fact that I did not get a good vibe from the trailer. I watched it yesterday to see what all the fuss was about, only to be disappointed. I really wanted to like the movie, but I just couldn't.

My primary complaint is Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim. Every line he delivered grated on my nerves. He is the portrait of everything that is wrong with the subculture this movie represents - quiet, weak, socially inept, and snide in a completely self-aware way. The "friends" in this movie don't treat each other very well.

It's very clear where the movie is going right off the bat, so I looked for enjoyment in the journey. Unfortunately, there isn't much. You have these disposable and predictable characters entering only to vanish once and for all from the movie.

Another big gripe is the abundant number of gay jokes, none of which were funny. I have a gay roommate, did I mention he is gay? He's the gay one! Let's watch him be gay and laugh at the gay things he doesâ
lovemusicMay 15, 2011
GREAT FUNNY ASS MOVIE I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great script and great acting. and very good action scenes
nutterjrMay 2, 2011
Truly imaginative direction, funny and quirky dialogues and if it was not for the over the top ending it would be a brilliant film indeed. Great casting and music add to the attraction of the final product.
KeeferBishopApr 25, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Part 2
Whilst still retaining his reputation as the perennial lovable geek (who we all know and love from Judd Apatowâ
JorossApr 21, 2011
Most original movie ever made. Incredibly entertaining and hilarious. I wish more than anything that more people would have gone to see it, because I want a sequel!