8.4

1. Sep 24, 2011
    The godfather movie of teenage horror movies, directed by Wes Craven. Simply a enjoyable gore thriller accompanied with popcorn and cola.
  2. Apr 25, 2011
    Wes Craven is the master of the slasher genre. Scream is not only scary, it is also funny, smart, exciting, and suspenseful. Scream may be one of the best horror movies of the modern generation. Sure, some might say that others like Halloween and A Nightmare on Elm Street are better, but this one is smarter and more original. You should see this movie!
  3. Dec 23, 2011
    Scream makes you scream, it makes you laugh, and it keeps your eyes on the screen. And it has an amazing beginning scene. I give this movie 80%. Yeah Wes Craven great job.
  4. Mar 2, 2012
    An excellent film. The story of Scream is really good, with much scare moments, because is not the tipic slasher film of an assassin that kill all, is a great story. Scream is incredible.
  5. Nov 14, 2010
    If you are going to survive a horror film there are rules one must abide (1. You can never have sex, (2. You can never drink or do drugs (you will be too out of it to escape the killers rampage), (3. Never under any circumstances say, â
  6. Mar 15, 2011
    This movie is simply epic!
  7. Dec 4, 2010
    Funny, scary, and original, Scream can officially be considered one of the best horrors and thrillers. The opening scene is particularly scary, the character of Randy provides the film's intriguing self-awareness, and it is refreshing to see a horror movie which has a killer that can actually be killed.
  8. Oct 12, 2010
    One of the best horror movies ever. Interesting plot, good acting and, scary ! Plus, the conversations that make connections to existing horror movies are making the movie even better.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    One of the best horror movies of all time. Craven does it again with another horror master piece and he proves yet again why he is the best in the game.
  10. Feb 23, 2011
    This Is A Great Movie (One Of The Best Horror Movies Of The 90's) But It Was Scary, But I Think That Wes Craven Could Of Made It Even More Scary!! As A Fan Of Neve Campbell She Did An OK Job, I Expected More From Seeing Other Films & T.V. Shows With Her... But Rose McGowan Was Very Good As Tatum Riley As Well As Matthew Lillird..
    I Do Think The Plot Was So-So But It Is Very Fun To Watch.... :)
  11. Sep 5, 2011
    My favorite horror movie is also my favorite movie of all time. I absolutely love this film to pieces. Everything about it is amazing. The acting, the direction, the true horror, the scares, the suspense, the dialogue, the acting, the music...and the list goes on. Any horror movie fan who dislikes this movie has a problem in my opinion. Neve Campbell, beautiful!!!! Thank you so much Wes and Kevin for giving us a truly amazing horror film that will stay with me forever Expand
  12. Feb 23, 2013
    Horror legend, Wes Craven, wanted to mix a traditional slasher film, with a who done it mystery, while at the same time parading both. The result is Scream, which turned into a much bigger film and franchise than he expected. He wanted to do this sort of under the radar, with a cast of virtual unknowns, but due to its uniqueness, the movie quickly gained popularity and today is considered one of the best horror movies of all time. The cast are all household names now and the ending of this film is legendary. Twists, turns, paranoia, accusations, one liners, and good looking people is what Scream is all about. The story is a great one, the cast is solid, and when it comes to writer/directors, you can't get much better than Wes Craven. The original Scream is one that should be on your must see list! Expand
  13. Feb 8, 2012
    One of the freshest horror movies ever made. A scary slasher flick, a satire of the genre, and a high school comedy all wrapped up into one with great young performances from some familiar faces.
  14. Feb 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of my favorite movies! I love all of the horror movies refrences that it makes! The cast is also amazing! It IS a horror movie, but I love the humor in the movie as well. I'm sure not everyone understands the refrences but if you really think about some of the lines that they say, they are hilarious. For example, when "Sydney" is talking about who would play her in a movie, she said, " Thanks Dewey, but with my luck they would cast Tori Spelling..." Which in Scream 2, the movie that they "made" of "her life" was called "Stab" and her character was played by none other than, Tori Spelling... Then when "Principle Himbrey" was looking around the office trying to figure out who was knocking on his door, he startled the janitor...who was in a red and green sweater and he called the janitor, "Fred" as in "Freddy Kruger". Wes Craven directed "A Nightmare on Elm Street.Then "Tatum" tells "Sydney" that everything that is going on is like a Wes Carpenter flick, which is a combination of Wes Craven, the director of "Scream" and John Carpenter the director of "Halloween". I also love the part when Jamie Kennedy who plays "Randy" is watching "Halloween" and telling Jamie Lee Curtis to look behind her because the killer was there, while the killer in "Scream" , "Ghostface", is actually sneaking up behind him, at the same time. Basically, I think everyone should watch this movie because I think it is fantastic!! :) Expand
  15. May 31, 2012
    My Favorite Horror Movie Of All Time!
    Even Though The Cast Is Not A+ Neve Campbell, And Rose McGowan Gets The Job Done!
  16. Dec 13, 2012
    Scream may very well be the GREATEST HORROR FILM OF ALL TIME! I wholeheartedly believe hat SCREAM is better than HORROR CLASSICS SUCH AS A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, THE SHINING, PSYCHO, and even it's biggest inspiration HALLOWEEN! The acting is phenomenal, and when you have actors/actresses such as, NEVE CAMPBELL, DREW BARRYMORE, SKEET ULRICH, MATHEW LILLARD, and ROSE MCGOWEN, you have a good movie there. The people who say that this film is just a generic teen slasher flick obviously haven't seen the movie. This movie is so much more and is very high on story, emotion, and once you see this movie, you just can't stop. Its like a vacuum that just keeps sucking you in, there is not one dragging, slow or boring moment in the film for it is truly a masterpiece. Even if there is a moment where the killer isn't there and no action is occurring you're just so entertained by the unbelievable dialogue! Many consider it overrated, but I view it as the complete opposite, this film is overlooked, and misunderstood by many. This is one of those films that you could watch twenty times in a row and still enjoy it, he'll about a year ago I spent about two weeks watching the whole franchise multiple times. This is not a movie that deserves any negative reviews and almost seventeen years after its release SCREAM IS TRULY A CLASSIC! IT IS A PERFECT MOVIE 10/10! You can't go wrong with this film (which by the way is my SECOND FAVORITE FILM OF ALL TIME behind no other than a certain Spielburg classic.) SCREAM IS ABSOLUTE PERFECTION AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT SHALL NEVER CHANGE! Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2012
    This is definately one of the best horror movies of all time. It has humour, but when it comes to suspense it defiantely surpasses beyond your imagination. The opening scene is historical and in my opinion, some of the best opening sequences a movie has ever gotten. The cast sure knows how to play with horror movie clichés and ending up falling for them. The actors are young and talented, especially Neve Campbell who pulls the perfect Sidney Prescott, Courtney Cox as a **** journalist and David Arquette as a comical yet slappy cop. Everyone is different in their own way. That's what great about it, relevant characters and a fresh and clever script. "What's your favorite scary movie" is a quote no one can forget Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    A good horror movie, intriguing and will put you goosebumps.
  19. Nov 1, 2012
    Watching this, I realized: "Scream" is one of the smartest horror movies of all time. It may not be as scary as "Halloween", but it's witty dialogue, suspense, and entertaining characters keep the film engaging and fun. One of the most important movies of the '90's.
  20. Jun 20, 2013
    Scream is a really great movie! It's not really corny like some old horror movies can be, it's got a good plot, it's clever, and an enjoyable watch! If you don't mind a little blood, definitely check this movie out!
  21. Sep 16, 2013
    Scream is one of those horror movie genre films that is perfect for a movie to watch with your friends or at a party on Friday night. It's one of those "Don't go in there" kind of horror flicks that everyone loves.
  22. Jan 10, 2014
    Probably one of the smartest horror films ever written. This film literally redefined horror in the 1990s and brought a whole new era of slasher films. The opening scene with Drew Barrymore is iconic and still one of the scariest to this day.
  23. May 5, 2014
    A horror master Wes Craven gives us scream which takes you on a roller coaster full of horror and gives you a popcorn and soda . Amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzinnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. grade A+
  24. Aug 19, 2010
    Serial killer strikes in town, friends & family of girl targeted, reporter follows story, terror ensues.
    Enjoyable comedy horror which re-invented the genre and spawned a million imitations. The Scream mask is surely now in the top horror icons.
    Great cast (Rose McGowan is stunning), the story isn't altogether new but mainly it's not scared to poke fun of itself whilst keeping the
    tension.
    Does go a bit silly towards the end but a very watchable & like-able film.
  25. Jun 18, 2011
    It may have all been done before but this movie had some originality, the cast were believable and played the movie with just the right balance of comedy and horror. Kudos to Wes Craven for coming up with an original concept in a genre that has seen it all.
  26. Sep 27, 2011
    I saw this film for the first time on Halloween night right after I finished watching Halloween(original) for the first time. Also I saw Nightmare on Elm Street before I watched this movie as well. This is how this movie is intended to be viewed: after NOES and Halloween. THIS IS KEY PEOPLE!!! you MUST see A Nightmare on Elm Street, Psycho, AND Halloween to get the full effect for this one. Friday the 13th and The Silence of the Lambs don't hurt either. If you do not you can never appreciate this movie fully. There are so many little things in this one that you will pick up that make your enjoyment of this film more complete.

All that to say, this film is a very smart and witty comedy/horror film that is as funny as it is suspenseful. you never really know where it is going to go next. I'm not sure what I can say without giving away plot, but I'll do my best. This film is an addition, a parody, and an homage to the Slasher genre. it pulls it off beautifully. it perfects the genre if you will. It...it's very tongue-in-cheek. it is sort of difficult to explain the relationship this film has to the rest of the major slashers. you just have to see it for yourself (READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH).

One of the major reasons I like this film, is that everyone in this film is HUMAN. In other slasher films, people aren't as human. As characters, you can't relate to them. take Halloween (the first one) for example, Laurie is just a character. you get no backstory from her at all (as far as I remember). she's just a random girl who some killer stalks (keep it in the perspective of the first one). and don't even get me started on her friends. all I can say is: knife fodder. with Scream, all characters are easy to relate to. what I mean is, they are clearly human characters, which brings me to my NEXT point: THE KILLER!!!

The Killer. aaah yes, the killer. Ghostface. let me start of by saying this, in any other slasher film, we'll pick on Friday the 13th this time, it goes like this: Jason could be sitting on the couch flipping channels for 90 minutes doing NOTHING and still make his kill quota for the movie. How? because the characters in his movie are so dumb this is how it would go: Jason would be sitting there and dumb chick #1 would come up to him screaming the "the killer is chasing me" scream. he wouldn't react and so she would take his machete and stab herself still screaming. it would continue like this until Final Girl would bonk him on ht head and he would get up, stretch, and go off to hibernate until the next sequel. It is just that easy for the average slasher film serial killer to kill his victims. you don't believe me? watch some of them. not Ghostface though. ohohoho no not Ghostface. no Ghostface EARNS his kills. I can't tell you what I mean though. you have to see it. this proves though, that under the awesome costume, Ghostface is just an ordinary person with ordinary strengths and skills. It makes the film a lot more believable. none of this "Arnie in his prime hit me over the head with a 100 megaton Hydrogen Bomb that went on to explode sending the sun crashing on me and I picked myself up brushed myself off and went on my way" crap. You get bored of an unkillable killer after a short time.

well, I've written out my confusing rant long enough. I hope you enjoy reading it. this film isn't perfect but I would highly suggest this one. it is certainly my favorite slasher film and it also comes with the bonus feature of a rare (I actually think one of a kind) good sequel. but, I must leave you with one final piece of advice: pay attention to the DIALOGUE. well, yeah. I've ranted long enough. (although if you want, for the people who have seen Scream, I can make a blog about all of the little...well, extra bits of this movie. trivia relations stuff like that. let me know if you want me to). but yeah. it was a great film.
  27. Sep 18, 2012
    Scream is definitely a good horror movie. But some parts are kinda stupid like the part when Billy comes back to life. But in general, is nice. And the killings are great.
  28. Nov 10, 2012
    Un thriller-horror adatto principalmente per i giovani che mischia sagaciamente i generi più amati dai ragazzi: horror-commedia in cui i personaggi hanno un discreto spessore. La suspense rimane alta per tutto il film, lo spettatore cerca di capire chi sia l'assassino grazie ai numerosi indizi, che durante il film vengono mostrati. Dose giusta di splatter e suspense riesce a stupire grazie a un apparato scenografico in cui si ricreano perfettamente i luoghi comuni dei giovani nei quali si rispecchieranno. Complimenti a Wes Craven che ha re-inventato il genere dei teen-horror, che era nato grazie a "Halloween" (1978) di Jonh carpenter. Expand
  29. Mar 3, 2013
    It's a horror movie, comedy, drama, and thriller all rolled into one. Very smart and very original. It was really funny seeing the killer get beaten up by everyone he encountered.
  30. Aug 1, 2013
    "Scream" is one of the most innovative slasher films of all time, if not the most. Kevin Williamson created a story so fresh that it literally gave life to an almost dead genre. "Scream" is filled with shocking moments and turned the horror genre on it's head. This film also had a great hot young cast whom all till this day, are remembered for being a part of the most successful slasher film in history, currently. "Scream" spawned three sequels, two of which were also box-office blockbusters as well. This film is a must see. Expand
  31. Mar 12, 2014
    An amazing horror film by veteran horror film director Wes Craven, I seriously could not get enough of it. It's full of original ideas and classic horror approaches that make this movie one of my top 10 picks.
  32. Aug 11, 2014
    Scream has a terrific cast and non-stop scares and witty comedy. The movie revitalized the horror genre and
    introduced director Wes Craven to a new generation of horror fans. This is easily one of the smartest horror
    movies ever and it is one my favourite movies of all time, bravo.
  33. Sep 4, 2014
    A revolutionary horror movie that changed the quality of the horror genre.
    ..........................................................................
  34. Dec 15, 2011
    is a horror film that's not fear what is foreign to this type of genre, but instead of a terrifying horror thriller has an excellent, but also has the shooting errors
  35. Aug 7, 2013
    The opening sequence is brilliant... and it's all downhill from there. Yes, there are some good scares and I did enjoy the references to other classic horror films. The ending, however, is horrible and feels like a bad episode of the Three Stooges. It is a huge let down.
  36. Oct 2, 2013
    Scream is decent. It's definitely better than the average horror film, but I found it overrated. It possesses some intelligence, such as the script's tendency to point out when something cleche happens, and the deaths aren't completely moronic either. My main problem with the film is how it doesn't really stand out from the crowd when it's not poking fun at the horror movie formula. It also goes for too long of stretches of time without utilizing it's witty satire. It may have been the first slasher movie to do this but in my opinion it doesn't have nearly as much bite as The Cabin in the Woods does. I might come to like it more in the future but for now I just find it to be alright. Almost forgot. The reason Scream is so much better than My Soul to Keep has nothing to do with Wes Craven. He didn't write the screenplay for this movie, and I'm starting to think he may be overrated. Expand
  37. May 13, 2013
    As a horror fan I can recognize a supposed classic in the analogs of horror movie history. But I can't get behind this film entirely, and I'm here to tell you why. First of all this film is famous for revolutionizing the horror genre into being watchable again, and while I agree with that, I also despise it for it. First of all I'll just get all the praise I have for it out of the way. Of course I enjoy the idea of making a satire of the horror genre, I believe this was the first time until it became a regular routine now a days. The killer seems real, not being an unstoppable force like most are and adding a tad bit of reality to this film. The opening scene is by far the best scene of the movie, and arguably of any horror movie I can think of. Building up suspense, showing the fear the victim is going through, and the brutality the killer exerts on the innocence. Now that's out of the way, so I can talk about what I don't entirely agree with in this film. I don't like any of the actors in this film, they don't do a well job at trying to give any other emotion, besides the stereotypes they are depicted as. Now the big one, the main reason I don't entirely go head over heels for this film. While it did make horror movies cool to watch again, it also in some regards ruin them as well. In my personal opinion I think now a majority of horror films are forced to be reduced to mocking themselves, and at times this works well, but most of the time it gets really boring. Again, I admit this is a clever a idea and that it's executed okay; with the exception of some not well performances, this is a decent film. Expand
  38. Sep 8, 2014
    A favourite horror movie of mine that is clever, amusing and intensely startling throughout.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  39. Sep 8, 2014
    An instant horror classic by one of the best horror directors ever Wes Craven.
    ***********************************************************************

1. Reviewed by: John Hartl
    Doesn't know when to stop with the jokes about other horror movies and settle down to tell a coherent story.
  2. May not be the most scary or the grossest horror film you've ever seen, but it has one distinct feature: it actually talks up to the audience. By the conclusion, you won't be shaking in your seat, but you may enjoy the status of someone who has earned a Master's in Slashology.
  3. Reviewed by: Frank Lovece
    Compared with most of what passes for scary movies these days, this is golden: It's not stupid, it's not wussy and it pulls off a couple of pretty nasty jolts.