7.8

1. Lauren
    Jun 9, 2002
    I LOVED this movie!! It brought me and a special someone together...and I will treasure this movie forever!
  2. Eliza
    Oct 30, 2007
    It is wonderful romantic story. It is my favorite love story. Advice to everyone who still trust in true Love.
  3. sara
    Jul 26, 2005
    I loved the movie. it is a clasic story of two people who fall in love at first site.
  4. KellyM.
    Oct 7, 2001
    I loved this movie. Yea it had really stupid parts, but it made me laugh. And just the whole basis on fate and your destiny I find soooo true. I enjoyed this movie, and I hope others do to!
  5. Kristin
    Dec 22, 2002
    With its intriqiuing plot with suspensful twists and turns, Serendipity delivers both sides of the argument. The characters cast are no less than perfect for their roles, giving the film energy and style. Its an unforgettable pic that leaves you with a sense of hope and wonder.
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    I watched this movie... how many times? 20? 30? And everytime I always feel the same magic feelings...
  7. Oct 3, 2013
    If you are looking for a rom-com genre film with a twist, Serendipity is your film. With a wonderful use of light, design, and scene set up, a person feels the passage of time and feels immersed in the settings. The screenplay practically pops off screen with the chemistry of Cusack and Beckinsale. A true hit for any night of chick flicks!
  8. StaceyG.
    Sep 4, 2006
    Imagine trying to bake a perfect cake with layers of chocolate and vanilla. But the cake will be nothing more than a forgettable, fattening dessert unless it is cooked at the exact set temperature. Even with old ingredients, 'Serendipity' was cooked perfectly. It comes out of the oven with the candles already on it, and they're lit, too. 'Serendipity' is a movie Imagine trying to bake a perfect cake with layers of chocolate and vanilla. But the cake will be nothing more than a forgettable, fattening dessert unless it is cooked at the exact set temperature. Even with old ingredients, 'Serendipity' was cooked perfectly. It comes out of the oven with the candles already on it, and they're lit, too. 'Serendipity' is a movie with so much heart and bold honesty that you just might like it. Romantic comedies are not meant to be good or memorable beyond a few sparked daydreams, but once Cusack and Beckinsale click in front of the camera they click on screen, and when snow falls and lips lock everything else falls into place. It's as if the film were a tapestry of events and characters that was meant to be viewed right when you thought a romantic comedy could never be a total success, just to prove you wrong. Beckinsale and Cusack Are Jonathan and Sarah, two people who fall in love by doing nothing more peculiar than visiting a department store. They are not the perfect people romantic comedies often portray the 'featured' couple to be. Jonathan and Sarah are just a nice pair trying to make sense of a life changing night. The characters never seem as if actors play them. They seem to be as caught up in their romance as we are. Jeremy Piven plays a better 'sidekick' to Cusack than even Vince Vaughn did to Owen Wilson in "Wedding Crashers." The script is so refreshing that when it's funny you forget it has a romantic base and when it is romantic you forget it is meant to be funny, as well. The romance is like the center of a flower while the comedy-centered moments are pretty pedals. Everything in the film seems proud and charming. When 'Serendipity' ends and you realize (and admit) it found a way to hide your logical views on love for a few hours, you will ponder just how the movie managed so much charm. Is it the directing, the writing, the acting, the soundtrack? Not really. It's in how they mix. It's how when the movie has the perfect actors it also knows when to have them say a perfect line at a perfect moment while the perfect music plays off camera. 'Serendipity' might have its flaws and it will never be more than a romantic comedy, but it's a really good one and everyone involved with the project seems to know that. It's like the charming little novel that is always eager to be taken off the shelf and read. Expand
  9. NickS.
    Oct 5, 2001
    This is an extremely entertaining and romantic film. Cusack is at full romantic-comedy form. And Beckinsale is gorgeous! There's a great cameo by Eugene Levy as well. If you go see this film, be ready to leave your cynicism at the door!
  10. Michael
    Nov 5, 2003
    An enjoyable romantic comedy with very likeable characters. When the two characters are together on screen they really sparkle. It is only too bad we do not get to see more of that in the film.
  11. KonradR.
    May 9, 2002
    Incredibly predictable but charming none-the-less.
  12. CassianJ.
    Jan 3, 2008
    When Jonathon randomly bumps into Sarah in a department store whilst both trying to purchase the same pair of gloves an instant bond is formed. Sarah has a great believe in fate and takes Jonathon for some food at her favourite café
  13. PatC.
    Dec 18, 2003
    There's a lot of formula stock in this show, but nothing really offensive. And yes, some relationships are romances because the two involved are hardly ever together. And to some extent, if you belong together, you don't have to try - more like you just follow along. A simple pleasant presentation of a theme of hidden dimensions.
  14. Layne
    Jul 25, 2003
    Scrumptious and fluffy without being too shallow and yet still managing to cover most of the largely noticeable flaws.
  15. PaulaW.
    Nov 12, 2001
    Serendipity could teach Harlequin romances a thing or two about eggshell-thin plot contrivances to keep the happy couple apart for the requisite number of pages. Kate Beckinsale looks good enough, but she is supremely annoying with her nonstop babbling about putting destiny to the test. John Cusack does his best with his thankless role as endlessly patient suitor and all-around Sensitive Serendipity could teach Harlequin romances a thing or two about eggshell-thin plot contrivances to keep the happy couple apart for the requisite number of pages. Kate Beckinsale looks good enough, but she is supremely annoying with her nonstop babbling about putting destiny to the test. John Cusack does his best with his thankless role as endlessly patient suitor and all-around Sensitive Guy. To his credit, he manages not to appear TOO wimpy. Both stars are outshone by their sidekicks, Jeremy Piven as the wisecracking best man and Molly Shannon as a brisk, businesslike peddler of New Age hokum. This is the kind of wish-fulfillment dreck that makes me ashamed to be a girl. Expand
  16. LatassiaK.
    Aug 20, 2002
    I thought i'd liked to watch, but the next scene, i'd slept on it. And when i woke up i watched it again and after a few minutes, i ejected the disc. i'd rather sleep again.
    Oct 22, 2001
    Terrible, adolescent. Some cute acting by Eugene Levy.
  18. RobMc.
    Aug 8, 2003
    Badly written and bereft of any wit or clever ideas. Not particularly well-developed or likeable characters. Even after leaving the painful coincidences aside, very little in this movie makes sense.
  19. Stacey
    Dec 17, 2002
    Trite, infuriating, badly written, predictable. I love John Cusak; I hated this movie.
  20. Jan 10, 2015
    I got to say, this was one of the most cliche movie I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of romantic movies that are cliche, but this one stands up among it's piers. The story is incredible predictable, if you see 10 minutes of it, you're pretty sure of whats going to happen. On another topic, the protagonists are selfish persons who destroy others people lives just because of a hunchI got to say, this was one of the most cliche movie I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of romantic movies that are cliche, but this one stands up among it's piers. The story is incredible predictable, if you see 10 minutes of it, you're pretty sure of whats going to happen. On another topic, the protagonists are selfish persons who destroy others people lives just because of a hunch that in real life would make them lonely and miserable. And that's how I wished them to be at the end. Expand

The ultimate in deja viewing:an overfamiliar and exasperating game of cat-and-mousie.
    The casting is sublime.
    Airy and enchanting, this romantic comedy works overtime to sprinkle moonlight and stardust over itself.