7.3

1. Oct 12, 2012
    What an unexpected treat! Very unconventional, off-beat, hilarious. The performances are top notch and just fun to watch. (Christopher Walken is the man! And Sam Rockwell just kills it in this movie.) Actually, it's my favorite movie of the year so far.
  2. Oct 17, 2012
    I don't know what movie these other people giving it negative reviews are seeing, but i saw Seven Pschopaths and it was fregen great! Amazing cast, amazing dialogue, amazing plot, amazing exectution. Need i say more? This movie made me laugh harder than any film i've seen in a long time. Woody Harrelson is just the greatest, as well as Christopher Walken. I don't even have to say more, ifI don't know what movie these other people giving it negative reviews are seeing, but i saw Seven Pschopaths and it was fregen great! Amazing cast, amazing dialogue, amazing plot, amazing exectution. Need i say more? This movie made me laugh harder than any film i've seen in a long time. Woody Harrelson is just the greatest, as well as Christopher Walken. I don't even have to say more, if you love violent comedies then you'll love Seven Psychopaths, enough said. This is a must see. 10/10 Expand
  3. Oct 20, 2012
    Seven Psychopaths had a clever premise, and then weaved a story within a story that was a lot of fun. Great cast, fun premise, and while gory, the gore is done in a comedic way, so it does not gross one out.
  4. Oct 20, 2012
    Having seen and loved "In Bruges" Seven Psychopaths was one of my most anticipated movies. I'm happy to say its everything I had hoped for and more. From the opening, this movie kicks off with a great start having a very Tarantino style beginning. With such an original and great screenplay you can't go wrong. We than get introduce to our seven psychopaths. The performances are great,Having seen and loved "In Bruges" Seven Psychopaths was one of my most anticipated movies. I'm happy to say its everything I had hoped for and more. From the opening, this movie kicks off with a great start having a very Tarantino style beginning. With such an original and great screenplay you can't go wrong. We than get introduce to our seven psychopaths. The performances are great, Colin Farrell should stick to these small roles, more specifically comedic roles, before I saw In Bruges I disliked him as an actor none of his movies appealed to me. He works so well as the lead protagonist in this role. This is probably one of , if not the best Sam Rockwell performances. He has played this crazy character before but its more effective in this particular role. He is unpredictable, the funniest and the best psychopath of them all with out a doubt the star of this movie. Christopher Walken is at his best. If you just enjoy him in any role, you will love him in this. He plays the calm and wise religious man but very hysterical at times another scene stealing performance. Woody Harrelson is the enraged mob boss who will literally stop at nothing until he gets his little Sh-ih Tzu back. Tom Waits plays probably the most psychotic of them all. Everyone works fantastically well in this movie. I have not a single bad thing to say about them. The woman in the cast though, are basically eye candy. Martin McDonagh is one of the best up an coming Writer/Director. If he keeps this up one day he may be considered among the best script writers of our time. This movie does have elements of Pulp Fiction where everyone is just having random conversations that sometimes end up with people dying horrifically. Yes, there are multitudes of gore involved in the death scenes. Everything is so unpredictable with plenty of laughs and flawlessly made from both behind and in front of the camera. Seven Psychopaths is another "best of the year" and the funniest film I've seen so far in the year. Expand
  5. Oct 14, 2012
    Great movie in every way. Charlie Kaufman meets Terintino. It is a great combination of clever plot lines, great characters, and cartoon violence to keep you laughing on the edge if your seat.
  6. Nov 26, 2012
    I got a kick out of this movie! Very well-scripted, and I never could guess what was going to happen next. This movie left me with a deep sense of satisfaction, plot points that opened in the beginning found the perfect closure in the movie's climax. Martin McDonagh's generous gift to movie audiences this fall, sealed together with a pretty bow.
  7. Dec 1, 2012
    I think this movie will be one of my guiltly pleasures from now on. It's suble dark comedy can reach almost any audience member, unless they have no sense of humor. The characters are well developed in their own unique way. This movie really comes together at the end and gives us a look into the unexpected Hollywood format. Altogether this movie is a fun viewing!
  8. Mar 21, 2013
    IGNORE BAD REVIEWS! Yes there's no doubt any movie loving person has high hopes for this film pre watching but it delivers in a striking fashion. Whether it's laughs or sick revolting violence you crave SP delivers at every turn. The plot may be riddled with certain cliches but never the less the story hooks you and evokes every passion from the viewer from painful laughs to shocks thatIGNORE BAD REVIEWS! Yes there's no doubt any movie loving person has high hopes for this film pre watching but it delivers in a striking fashion. Whether it's laughs or sick revolting violence you crave SP delivers at every turn. The plot may be riddled with certain cliches but never the less the story hooks you and evokes every passion from the viewer from painful laughs to shocks that result in goosebumps to holding in tears. Every character's profile is revealed in a fascinating fashion and in fact (while not going crazy) the plot and humor is similar to The Big Lebowski!!! Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2013
    This movie was unlike any movie that fit into this genre I've seen before. Didn't really have any idea what happens next. Colin Farrell was brilliant. Walken will never get old. Another excellent job from Rockwell as well! Also good to see Harrelson back in front of the camera again. Of course, let's not forget about Tom Waits, you could put him in a movie with a piece of and he wouldThis movie was unlike any movie that fit into this genre I've seen before. Didn't really have any idea what happens next. Colin Farrell was brilliant. Walken will never get old. Another excellent job from Rockwell as well! Also good to see Harrelson back in front of the camera again. Of course, let's not forget about Tom Waits, you could put him in a movie with a piece of and he would turn it into acting gold! Expand
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    Inspiration needs to come from somewhere, this is the sort of film that we know witty yet simple in many forms, with ‘Seven Psychopaths’, we have a film within a film, sort of. A lot of it is through the vivid imagination of Marty Faranan (Colin Farrell), while the rest is true to the main plot of the film, the title comes from the screenplay that screenwriter Marty is struggling to write,Inspiration needs to come from somewhere, this is the sort of film that we know witty yet simple in many forms, with ‘Seven Psychopaths’, we have a film within a film, sort of. A lot of it is through the vivid imagination of Marty Faranan (Colin Farrell), while the rest is true to the main plot of the film, the title comes from the screenplay that screenwriter Marty is struggling to write, he has the title at the top of the page, the same as the real film, but not much else. He ends up getting quite a bit more than he bargained for when is loose cannon of a friend, Billy (Sam Rockwell), decides to put an ad in the paper reaching out for actual psychopaths, its dry and believable approach can only come from the man behind ‘In Bruges’ and ‘The Guard’, Martin McDonagh makes films that are soaked in their own awareness and deep characters. We immediately see this in the opening scene involving two hit men clearly waiting on their target, oblivious to the man in a red mask approaching them from behind, and in turn execute them, moments like this sum up the layers of surprise and edginess of the film, yet also not taking itself seriously. In the midst of Marty writing about psychopaths, or trying to, there is a serial killer on the streets of Los Angeles, the same man we meet at the beginning, his calling card being the Jack of Diamonds, he seems like a vigilante. Billy, meanwhile, spends his days kidnapping the dogs of rich people and collecting the reward with the help of Hans (Christopher Walken). He has his own past and own problems with his wife recovering from cancer, but caught in the middle of the wrong dog to kidnap, the one of gangster Charlie Costello (Woody Harrelson). We are introduced to each psychopath as their stories are revealed, the stories being played out as imaginary or as flashbacks, many being subtle bows to previous Hollywood films that employ the same scenarios, some of the quips seem to poke fun at themselves, but it also brings out quite an interesting and even heartwarming story, Walken in particular bringing a subtle yet effective tone to his role, some of this seems improvised, which is definitely a good thing.
    The scenes with the three leads of Farrell, Rockwell and Walken, seamlessly combine silliness with brilliance as they attempt to come up with the ending for the film, but each time the film seems to go one way, it definitely can go other to surprise us, it has comedy, cruelty and camaraderie rolled into one well scripted package, which makes for a film that has the brass and talent to back itself up.
  11. Jun 28, 2013
    Great, GREAT movie. What good pop culture should be. It's accessible to the masses but presents an interesting discussion about our existential journeys as people, good in the face of evil, obsessive love, and, above all, fate. The cast is incredible, the dialogue is great and at times hilarious. It was definitely far more than I expected. Everything about it was strong but the pacingGreat, GREAT movie. What good pop culture should be. It's accessible to the masses but presents an interesting discussion about our existential journeys as people, good in the face of evil, obsessive love, and, above all, fate. The cast is incredible, the dialogue is great and at times hilarious. It was definitely far more than I expected. Everything about it was strong but the pacing faltered once or twice. A negligible criticism to an otherwise stellar production. Expand
  12. Jan 11, 2013
    Seven psychopaths is one of the best comedies in 2012. This film is truly awesome! It´s brutal, violent, filled with blood and also hilarious. The opening scene (with Michael Pitt and Michael Stuhlbarg) is fantastic, it is very tarantinesc and already sets the tone for the film. The sequence about the journey of Tom Waits´s character and his wife is also brilliant! The actingSeven psychopaths is one of the best comedies in 2012. This film is truly awesome! It´s brutal, violent, filled with blood and also hilarious. The opening scene (with Michael Pitt and Michael Stuhlbarg) is fantastic, it is very tarantinesc and already sets the tone for the film. The sequence about the journey of Tom Waits´s character and his wife is also brilliant! The acting in this movie is great, Sam Rockwell was very funny and the only scene starring Gabourey Sidibe is amazing. The script is one of the most original and funny things in 2012. Seven Psychopaths is a truly entertaining and smart film. Collapse
  13. Nov 5, 2012
    What a crazy fun ride Martin McDonaugh's Seven Psychopaths is. The originality and creativity of it put a smile on my face that never left for 110 minutes.
  14. Jan 21, 2013
    Storyline: Marty (Colin Farrell) is a writer and is trying to get more idea's for a screenplay he's writing called Seven Psychopaths. His best buddy Billy (Sam Rockwell) has been giving him some great material but he has gotten everyone into some heavy duty bother with a villain called Charlie (Woody Harrelson). Billy and his friend Hans (Christopher Walken) who kidnap dogs to claim theStoryline: Marty (Colin Farrell) is a writer and is trying to get more idea's for a screenplay he's writing called Seven Psychopaths. His best buddy Billy (Sam Rockwell) has been giving him some great material but he has gotten everyone into some heavy duty bother with a villain called Charlie (Woody Harrelson). Billy and his friend Hans (Christopher Walken) who kidnap dogs to claim the reward end up with Charlie's dog, and Charlie really loves this dog, so now they are in serious trouble. There are a superb bunch of characters in this movie that keep us very interested throughout.

Acting: I'm not really a Sam Rockwell fan but I've always loved his performance in 'The Green Mile' and in this he is awsome at playing the complex Billy. He is actually better in this than Bradley Cooper is in 'Silver Linings Playbook' but Bradley gets the Oscar nod. Colin Farrell was really good and played his scenes with a very similar delivery as with 'In Bruges' but this is not a bad thing because it is a Martin McDonagh film. Woody Harrelson and Christopher Walken were also good but they never had to do anything out of the ordinary so while they were great we have seen them do this stuff before. The 4 woman in this, Abbie Cornish, Gabourey Sidibe, Helena Mattsson and Olga Kurylenko are all good actors and I've seen a lot of thier work so even though they aren't on screen much when they are you won't forget it. It was a nice touch using well known actors in small roles especially Michael Stuhlbarg and Michael Pitt at the start of the movie.

Direction: Martin McDonagh wrote and directed this with his wicked sense of humour which I think is amazing. I enjoy his style and hope he never strays too far from it. He's had 2 out of 2 so far. Production: Martin McDonagh made this for $15 million which is the same money as 'In Bruges' but an even better cast. This was a sleek operation with decent special fx and make-up, sets, music and the script was the best thing in the movie. It was snappy, funny and inteligent. 15 mil for this cast and a killer of a script is pretty awsome if you ask me. Conclusion: This film was not perfect but I loved it can't wait for Martin McDonagh to bring out a new one. A funny and violent flik with the cast all using thier own accents (which helped).

Score: 8.5/10
  15. Jan 31, 2013
    An unexpected delight! Loved the writing and the performances are top notch! Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell are standouts, Ends up being one of my favorite films of 2012!
  16. Feb 8, 2013
    This was a sublimely clever, seriously funny movie. It manages to poke fun at violent movies, racism, sexism, religion, love, pet ownership, and more!! At the end, just when it makes you wonder whether it means to be philosophical or profound, it makes fun of the viewer for expecting a neatly wrapped-up ending. Keep watching as the credits roll! However, if you have a short attentionThis was a sublimely clever, seriously funny movie. It manages to poke fun at violent movies, racism, sexism, religion, love, pet ownership, and more!! At the end, just when it makes you wonder whether it means to be philosophical or profound, it makes fun of the viewer for expecting a neatly wrapped-up ending. Keep watching as the credits roll! However, if you have a short attention span or dislike black humor, you will hate this film. Expand
  17. Jun 4, 2014
    Seven Psychopaths is an excellent non-linear film that has some great talent, and tries its hardest not to waste them: it succeeds. It's fun and entertaining, but not for those who are easily offended. The way it mocks itself and self-references other scenes in the movie is pure genius. The whole movie is one big ironic piece of cinema that has Christopher Walken, one of the many thingsSeven Psychopaths is an excellent non-linear film that has some great talent, and tries its hardest not to waste them: it succeeds. It's fun and entertaining, but not for those who are easily offended. The way it mocks itself and self-references other scenes in the movie is pure genius. The whole movie is one big ironic piece of cinema that has Christopher Walken, one of the many things this movie got right. Expand
  18. May 8, 2014
    The BEST move my eyes could ever see.LOVE IT => the acting of the characters was just OUTSTANDING.....LOVE THIS MOVIE SOO MUCH !!!.this could be an great story for an MafiaIII Game :)
  19. May 21, 2014
    I watched this movie 4 times. It's great. It's one of my favourite videos. I was very happy after it, because i've never seen something like this, something good and funny at once. I LOVE IT!

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Dec 3, 2012
    Enormously entertaining, endlessly quotable, perfectly cast and packed full of the richest acting you'll see from an ensemble cast all year, but the result is ever so slightly hollow.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Glasby
    Oct 19, 2012
    Engagingly off-centre, like Charlie Kaufman taking down Quentin Tarantino, this sunbaked shaggy-dog story is a place-holder film for McDonagh, and often closer to chaos than it is to genius.
  3. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Oct 19, 2012
    Seven Psychopaths is the kind of movie that can lift someone who's had a crappy day out of a funk. It's an unstable mess filled with lunatic invention and bizarre nonsense, and some of it is so spontaneous that it's elating. [22 Oct. 2012, p.88]