9.1

1. Apr 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Una película maravillosa en todos los aspectos de la producción, basada en una historia con un arco dramático extraordinario y personajes atractivos, bellamente interpretados. Perfecta. Expand
  2. Dec 31, 2010
    If there is one film by which Kurosawa is recognized by, it is Seven Samurai, and it rightly deserves its place! One of the richest works to ever be committed to celluloid, each of its characters is extraordinarily realized; each has his or her own arc, his or her own vital part to play in the filmâ
  3. May 8, 2012
    This is one of the best movies of all time, and it will be for ever. A great movie with a great history and characters. I really dont believe how someone can negativate this movie. It's a shame to know that people like that exist.
  4. Aug 18, 2013
    Quite simply the finest film ever made. Plenty of influence taken from the West, and plenty of what might feel like ham-handed acting and dialog by today's mainstream audiences, but it remains one of the most incredible pieces of art in the last century. Nearly every great story theme is in there, and is so layered that it bears repeated watching with no diminishing returns. A masterpiece.
  5. Jun 30, 2011
    My favorite movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Sep 18, 2011
    "The Seven Samurai" is one of the best movies ever made. It's emotionally resonating, majestic, virtuous, and action-packed. It's 3 hours and 26 minutes of foreign entertainment that never, even for a second, feels like you're reading words in a book as you look at the subtitles.
  7. Jan 21, 2013
    This is by far the greatest movie that I had the pleasure to view, my only regret is not knowing Japanese. I can not describe how good this movie is just know that it is at least 3 times as good as there will be blood and 4 times as good as once upon a time in the west.
  8. Apr 21, 2012
    I love the authenticity and realism of this movie. It might be a tad long compared to today's standard but there is no wasted scene. I love the characterizations and the stories of each of the seven samurai.
  9. May 8, 2012
    This movie is the reason star wars exists so of course it's a 10 out of 10. For 3 hrs plus I was a little worried the movie would go dull or wonder off a bit.. But The seven-samurai stays on point the whole movie. I wish people could still make movies this good.
  10. Jul 21, 2012
    I wonder what is must have been like to watch this film back in the 50's. We marvel at modern tech and the advanced cinematography but when you take all that away, strip it from current movies, you have very little left to marvel at. This movie needs no wizardry, it wins with a perfection that most modern day directors could never achieve even with an unlimited budget...you can't buy a movie this good...it just happens. Expand
  11. Jun 27, 2012
    I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be allowed to score a movie as 0, simply because "0" represents non-existence; a movie should be scored at least as 1, at least for its existence. Therefore I'm pretty convinced that the few people that scored this movie as "0", are reflecting their own "0" score of cinema knowledge or they're sentencing their own IQ. I'm kidding, at least they deserve 1 for being able to write something, well, 2 for constructing an idea... ok, 3 for appreciating "Raiders of the Lost Ark"... by the way! Do they know that Spielberg and Lucas were deeply deeply influenced by Akira Kurosawa's "7 Samurai"? Will they ever be able to realize that "Star Wars" and the Jedi concept were inspired on Japan's samurai culture and also on this movie? Sabre, lightsaber, no? Expand
  12. Aug 24, 2012
    an amazing master piece of art !, one of the best movies ive seen in my life, i pick this movie a few months ago, and i thought it will be a good movie, but its totally incredible experience, comedy, drama, action, this movie has everything, i cant believe a person combined everything in a movie, the 3 hours totally worth
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    Kurosawa's Seven Samurai is the very apex of cinema. It tells a complete and full story, rich with striking action and compassionate humanity. It literally is the three-and-a-half hour epic so many filmmakers have tried and failed to produce.
  14. Feb 5, 2013
    The only Kurosawa I saw and might be the only one I need. This is one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen. The dynamic between the characters is beautifully done. I still can't get around the fact that Kurosawa wrote each of the characters background just for this movie. What a commitment!
  15. Apr 27, 2013
    The fact that any one can possibly find anything wrong with Seven Samurai is just bewildering. This is a classic example of truly deep cinema that will never be able to be recreated. Simply breathtaking from the performances to the sets, everything is outstanding. Kurosawa was famous for being a perfectionist when it came to his sets and it shines through here. The villages look incredible and everything looks perfect, including the costumes. The action is without par and extremely realistic, which adds to the sense of realism and drama unfolding before us. A perfect film. Expand
  16. Apr 1, 2014
    what a movie is this ...only one world great great great .....movie from 1954 and now 2014 still it is the best action movie i think . this movie give idea about action ....and represent japanese culture ...best foreign movie of all time ...... one of my all time favorite movie ....

Rich in detail, vivid in characterization, leisurely in exposition, this 207-minute epic is bravura filmmaking -- a brilliant yet facile synthesis of Hollywood pictorialism, Soviet montage, and Japanese theatricality that could be a B western transposed to Mars.
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Moves like hot mercury, and it draws a viewer so thoroughly into its world that real life can seem thick and dull when the lights come up.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Much imitated, still unsurpassed. By critical consensus one of the best movies ever made, The Seven Samurai covers so much emotional, historical, and cinematic ground that that it demands to be viewed over and over again.