4.6

1. RichardS.
    Aug 3, 2009
    This could have been dudes from my high school camping. The all time lamest movie. Only one Indian in it and we get to see someone take a shi*. What drama!
  2. jimp
    Aug 28, 2009
    I'm not sure about the Norse Discovery of anything. In this film, two immature D&D players run around in the woods for two hours, killing chickens, fish, monks, and finally our patience. At one point, the director actually films someone defecating... and I'm not sure why. According to the jacket: In the 11th century, Vikings, Native Americans, and Irish monks collide on the I'm not sure about the Norse Discovery of anything. In this film, two immature D&D players run around in the woods for two hours, killing chickens, fish, monks, and finally our patience. At one point, the director actually films someone defecating... and I'm not sure why. According to the jacket: In the 11th century, Vikings, Native Americans, and Irish monks collide on the shores of North America in a historical epic adventure of exploration, personal glory, and religious dominance. Epic adventure? This barely qualifies as a hero's journey, let alone an epic adventure. They wake up, walk 200 feet, say about 10 words, and repeat this 20 times ad nauseum. What's so epic about being lost in the woods? Abandoned by a Western exploration party and stranded in the New World, two lone Vikings struggle for survival while still in the grip of their Norse ways. eaturing an icy black metal soundtrack including Burzum, Morbid Angel, Judas Priest and Dimmu Borgir. Of course, in order to appreciate any of that music you have to NOT put it on x2 speed, so that the figures on the screen actually move at a normal pace Expand
  3. PhilM
    Aug 6, 2009
    What the heck was this? A high school project for someone who wanted to be a Viking. I lasted ten minutes before fast forwarding chapters to see if this would improve later in this movie. Nope.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    "Pathfinder" meets "Gerry" in Severed Ways: The Norse Discovery of America, a striking and virtually wordless story of two Vikings separated from their tribe and left to stumble through the North American wilderness.
  2. Reviewed by: Nicolas Rapold
    The spectacle of two dudes mucking about in the primal forest becomes tedious.
  3. Though there's no doubt that Mr. Stone is as serious as a heart attack when it comes to creating an air of authenticity -- hence the sloppily butchered chickens and authorial defecation -- he never settles on a coherent tone for the movie.