6.3

1. Feb 26, 2011
    This film was brillient & the show deserves to be revived on HBO or ABC NBC or whatever network that would like to pick it up for a brillient seventh season. SATC Forever
  2. ALF
    Apr 3, 2011
    Maybe it is because I am male but this film was just so dull and so long. I think it also justified my decision to stay happily single as they go on, and on, and on. ... This film had absolutely nothing going for it. The cast I am sorry but I do not find them attractive as women and I found myself feeling less so as the films went on. Normally I give films a second chance and watch them again, but for this particular film (as with the Royal Tenebaums and The Life Aquatic) I do not need to. Thankfully I bought this as a cheap DVD and plan to donate it to a library or someone who also will probably pass it on when they have seen it. Expand
  3. Aug 27, 2011
    For any SATC fan, and/or for any gay boy who grew up watching it and made it his religion, this movie is of cult status. It's probably not the best movie that could've been made especially given the amount of time the producers have had after the show ended. Still, I believe it to be a very decent production. It has it's moments - Carrie in the powder room in Mexico, or Charlotte's "NO! NO!" reaction. With those moments, the movie gets to you when you feel bored, and you have every right to given the movie's length. Still, I have to give it a ten - I have too much sentiment to the original series. Expand
  4. Jan 24, 2013
    The only good thing about the movie is the image quality.
  5. May 19, 2013
    Never having subscribed to Home Box Office (HBO) let alone watched the HBO show about what looked like a bunch of my expectations for Sex and the City, a movie based on the cable program, were low. Starring squinty Sarah Jessica Parker, who will never be leading lady material, as a writer named Carrie Bradshaw, and featuring her three gal pals, Sex and the City is better than expected. Parker could be decked in diamonds and still look to me like the best friend in Footloose, and the silly soap opera bobs up and down never gaining traction. The nicely packaged Sex and the City piles on the outfits—bony Parker looks ridiculous in everything but the wedding gowns—the arched eyebrow lines and the alcohol (and, at this rate, all four of them ought to head for rehab). Though it sputters and stalls, there is usually something good to look at or listen to and it is often something relatable. Awkward, silent moments in the back of a taxi—an emotional rescue on New Year's Eve—the wonder of a properly lighted walk-in closet, there's a refreshing honesty about what people, especially women, really feel about having it all in the big, lonely city. True, Parker's character is irrevocably petty and Cattrall's aging blonde horndog is as nutritious as a Hostess Ho-Ho, but sometimes you gotta give in to the laughs and there's plenty of that in this feminine fairy tale. Expand
  6. Aug 25, 2014
    A natural return to the life of the four not-so-single-anymore-women from New York.

This movie made me laugh and cry - and glare angrily at certain characters for how they behaved (very much in character, but that doesn't mean one doesn't want to hit them upside the head for being who they are - again, after they were doing so well).

There's a bit of familiar narration from Carrie,
    yet the fabulous scene has changed somewhat as our four ladies have gotten older and most of them have found their Mr. Right - and in Carrie's case, are about to take the big leap into something bigger.

Complications arise on all fronts, despite what looks like a very positive beginning. Every problem seems very natural, yet a few I wished hadn't happened because I was cheering on those characters during the TV series and wished they didn't have to go through the events here...

Either way, if you're a fan of the TV show, you'll treat this like a string of really long episodes. Nothing new is added to the mix - but nothing new was really needed.

1. Unfortunately, where episodes of the series used to take their cue from a question posed by one of Carrie's columns, writer-director Michael Patrick King never finds that focus, and Sex and the City loses its tart edge in the process.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Best in its small moments, the movie should find receptive gal pals congregating for the mother of all viewing parties.
  3. Reviewed by: William Thomas
    If you are immune to the charms of Carrie and co., this will do little to convert you. Still, it has more than enough sass, style and sentiment to keep the faithful satisfied. Add a star if you're a fan.