5.1

1. Oct 9, 2011
    Despite a ensemble 'voice' cast, "Shark Tale" is a normal Dream works animation with the obvious hero path formula intended to scrap money out of the audience.
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    Whatever Shark Tale has done, Finding Nemo does an awful lot better. The story is lame and the adult humor will not make sense to most who see this. I didn't like the visuals, which make it even worse. It is hard to stomach.
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    This CGI movie from Dreamworks Animation tells the story about Oscar, a fish who is tired of being called a "nobody", dreams of something big. One day, when he gets chased by a shark, an anchor kills it and Oscar tells a white lie in which it makes him a famous killer known as the "sharkslayer. He meets Lenny, a shark who turns out to be a vegetarian and ran away from his father Don Lino and realizes that his false claim has serious consequences as he tries to sort out the whole problem by telling the truth.

I caught a screening of this in theaters the same year it came out and I really enjoyed it, but a few years later, I've finally realized that this movie didn't turn out quite well.

The first problem I had with this movie was the moral lesson. In the ending scene where Oscar finally admits that he lied, he gets the money he had transferred to the Whale Wash where he now works as a manager. Is that what you want to teach your kids? That if you tell the truth, you will get what you want? I'm sorry, but that was very inexcusable.

Another problem that I had with this movie was the characters. They weren't even developed and were not that likable. At most of the scenes, they were very annoying and their personalities were too predictable.

I will give Dreamworks Animation credit for the CGI animation and art design plus the voice acting and music score included, but most of the time they were overshadowed by a poorly written storyline, bad jokes and puns, overused clichés from other CGI movies, and the villain voiced by Robert De Niro wasn't even threatening or diabolical.

Dreamworks, I love you, but if everyone has to pick at least one CGI movie that was bad, then frankly, this was it. Even though I loved it as a child, I seemed to hate it. It's watchable for the kids, but for the adults, however, it's not even entertaining.

I also really hated the fact that this clichéd, unfunny CGI movie made so much money and became the highest grossing animated movies of 2004 (which Shrek 2 and The Incredibles held their own ranks.) because there was no way any bad CGI movie like this could make that amount of cash.

Overall, it isn't the worst CGI movie yet, but I think I've seen the worst parts in this movie and I've seen better Dreamworks animation movies than this. Sorry, Dreamworks, but this one deserves a good punch in the face.

4. Mar 26, 2012
    The animation is mediocre, the characters are unmemorable and not very likable, and the story is totally uninspired. The movie uses adult humor to appeal to parents and teenagers with little regard to its main demographic: children, and ultimately the jokes are unfunny and tasteless. And in the end, the main character learns NOTHING. He lies, he cheats, he takes advantage of his friends, and he steps on everyone else's heads in order to make his way to the top, and yet his friends still come to his aid. And does he properly apologize for treating everyone he knows like a bunch of chum buckets, or does he at least thank his friends for standing by him even though he was a total jerk? Nope. In the end, the moral of the story is: It's okay to step on heads and lie and cheat your way to the top, as long as you get away with it. That's a great message, no? No! The best thing about this movie is its voice acting, which is pretty easy on the ears but is only decent at best. This movie gets a 3/10 from me. If you want to see a good animated movie that takes place under the sea, don't waste your time with Shark Tale... go find Nemo. Expand
  5. Apr 27, 2012
    Simply, very lame with a poor plot and unfunny jokes with nothing interesting or worth your time and forgettable songs and character's . it is best to say, skip this movie. Final score: D-
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    Não sei o que dizer sobre esse filme, em certo momentos ele divertido e em outros tedioso, acho que não me dei bem com essa película acho ela um pouco desnecessária.
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    It may try to reach to "Finding Nemo", but in no ways does it do. "Shark Tale" puts too many pop culture references into its storytelling that its hardly a laugh. While Pixar has inventiveness and intellect, this Dreamwork's film is nothing in the end. Just maybe a few laughs.
  8. Feb 25, 2014
    Shark Tale can be comparable to Finding Nemo, but not in a good way. The movie lacks any form of character development or story progression, and the ending is a sigh of relief that it's over.
  9. Nov 13, 2013
    Shark Tale smells fishy.
    Shark Tale in conclusion is a movie that simply never goes anywhere. A very mediocre plot with very one dimensional characters, and extremely poor script with very little conclusion.
  10. Apr 6, 2014
    After watching this film again about a month ago: I realised there was a good reason I never remembered first seeing this in cinemas. Aside from the unique casting choices: there was little to offer at all in this film. Part of the reason is the line up of paper-thin, unlikable characters; practically crafted to be played by their respectable celebrity actors. it's story is predictable and cliched, the designs are sometimes uncomfortable to look at and the puns very often fall flat. Ultimately: one of Dreamworks' weakest films that seemingly served as more of a marketing tool than a theatrical release. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Full of invention, but under the colorful icing is a slightly stale cake.
    Represents solid family entertainment, and will find a special place in the hearts of those who adore the "Godfather" movies and the TV series "The Sopranos."
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    The film has a hectic, sitcom air and a full-of-himself hero who is as likely to grate as to ingratiate.