Shaun of the Dead

8.6

1. MetaCritik
    Oct 4, 2004
    This movie is getting rave reviews here.... some say it's creative, original or refreshing and yes it's not your average zombie movie but it's not that great either. Kinda funny but after 20 minutes it's old.
  2. DanaM.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Typical dry British humor. For a relatively short movie (90 minutes) I found myself checking my watch. Sorry, but this was a lame movie. Avoid, unless you like flatulance jokes and immature characters. Some scenes are quite gorey.
  3. Lil'Llama
    Oct 4, 2004
    This movie is so terrible it makes my eyes bleed! I hated this movie so much I wanted to kill everyone in the theater, including Fudgie!
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    I am not quite sure how any one person can sit through even ten minutes of a film such as this, let alone watch to whole darn thing. 'Shaun of the Dead' deserves no rating higher than what i have chosen to rate it, and believe anyone who actually feels like this film is worthy of production, should reconsider their life choices.
  5. Jun 19, 2014
    Shaun of the Dead is a tasteless, disgusting piece of work with very little redemption or justification for all its gore. It's plot points are stupid and hypocritical, the characters are some of the most annoyingly stupid people I've ever seen on a screen, and the movie feels decidedly incompetent. One of the worst movies I have ever seen.
  6. Dec 1, 2014
    I really couldn't get into this movie. I know it's a comedy, but I didn't feel like laughing at any poiny in this movie. I mean, I enjoyed the movie's plot, but the genre is where this movie falls short.

1. A gleefully gory, pitch-perfect parody of George Romero's zombie films. But this isn't a movie about other movies. Shaun of the Dead stands on its own.
  2. Reviewed by: Jim Agnew
    Extremely funny, side splitting good time.
  3. Reviewed by: Ray Bennett
    It's worth sticking around for the coda too as it contains some hilarious and very politically incorrect suggestions as to how zombies might be put to work once they've been tamed.