8.5

1. Aug 15, 2010
    This movie is bloody brilliant. Action-packed, hilarious and gory. The writing is funny, the acting is great, and the directing is superb. I highly recommend it.
  2. Oct 13, 2010
    Shaun of the Dead has to be one of the funniest movies ever made. Simon Pegg and Nick frost make for an awesome comedic duo, as also seen in Hot Fuzz.
    The movie manages to give laughs, as well as being somewhat frightening and touching at points.
    9/10, great piece of art!
  3. Apr 12, 2011
    This movie is a match made in Heaven, Zombies and comedy, it will surprise you how funny, but yet just as brutal as any other Zombie movie, I have to admit some of the emotional parts feel awkward amongst the jokes, but this is still a movie I highly recommend to fans of Zombies, and comedies in general, a fantastic movie.
  4. Jun 30, 2011
    Refreshing take on the zombie genre although the zombies are a bit overly stupid. (Although, who's to say that's not realism!) The gags are well done the humour well mixed with the gore, the acting is solid and overall a very enjoyable horror comedy.
  5. Nov 5, 2010
    A truly amazing film by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The storyline is easy to follow. The characters are very well thought up, and the acting is superb. Shaun of the Dead is both humorous and gory and the balance is well designed. The editing, especially â
  6. Jul 30, 2011
    A comedy that is best shown with a group of friends on a boring Saturday night because it will soon turn into one with great laughter. An innovative comedy that blends the horrors of a zombie apocalypse and makes it seem like in the event of breakout, life wouldn't be so bad.
  7. Oct 22, 2011
    This a great zombie film full of blood, guts and funny moments. It can be hard to pull of a horror and comedy all in one, but this film does it well. The film isn't scary, but the zombies do look freaky. An alright storyline and plot, and played well by the actors. The action scenes are good, mostly filled with comedy. It's violent, horrible and bloody, it's Shaun Of The Dead!
  8. Apr 1, 2013
    An incredibly entertaining comedy that manages to keep my interest despite seeing it at least a dozen times. The fact that it still holds up after all these years tells you how good it is.
  9. May 1, 2012
    This is a great movie. The jokes are well timed and witty. The pacing is excellent and it seemed to me that the movie lasts shorter than it does. Simon Pegg is excellent and quite believable as a Shaun the hero. The movie is a real refreshment in the Zombie genre.
  10. Sep 24, 2012
    Shaun of the Dead is a romantic zombie horror comedy movie about two men, one called Shaun and the other called Ed they are best friends, they like to stay home, lounge about drink coffee and play video games. Shaun wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend. He soon finds out that a zombie apocalypse is happening and he starts getting worried about his family, friends and of courseShaun of the Dead is a romantic zombie horror comedy movie about two men, one called Shaun and the other called Ed they are best friends, they like to stay home, lounge about drink coffee and play video games. Shaun wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend. He soon finds out that a zombie apocalypse is happening and he starts getting worried about his family, friends and of course his ex girlfriend. This movie is very funny you will have a lot of laughs. I like it because it is a more comedic take on a zombie movie which hasn Expand
  11. Sep 28, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is hands-down one of the best movies of the 21st Century. Brilliantly funny and genuinely scary at points. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are amazing.
  12. Feb 10, 2014
    An amazing film starting off an amazing film series. This film is perfect, and the best in the trilogy. The humour is great, and the action sequences are also great. The character development is good. There are so many little touches in the films you may not notice, which make the film completely perfect, and in my opinion, the best film ever made.
  13. Sep 10, 2011
    Other than the "Simon Pegg+Nick Frost" performance combo, "Shaun of the Dead" throws in humor, a humor that applies to every kind of problems we have; politics, life, love and so on. A zombie movie that is humorously scary to watch.
  14. Mar 11, 2011
    Great British zombie horror comedy that I ever seen. Everyone is hilarious and they have the funniest catchphrases.
  15. Nov 6, 2011
    British humour at it's best. What kind of person couldn't adore such awesome characters mixed in with the most dangerous situation known to humanity. I still can't believe that there is red on reviews. sex on a disc!
  16. Mar 2, 2011
    Unbelievably funny. I saw this just a year ago and screamed in laughter. These actors were so funny and had great comedic timing. It is bloody even for the TV version so for R, you are probably in for some gruesome scenes. The storyline, even if it is a spoof of the classic "Dawn of the Dead" was original and brilliantly written.
  17. May 2, 2011
    Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright could be described as the new Three Stooges, having given us so many wonderfully funny treats each year. However, their 2004 "romzomcom" shot them to stardom and single-handedly managed to revive British horror. Shaun is a young man working in an electrical store has a rocky relationship with his mum, his girlfriend Liz is on the verge of dumping himSimon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright could be described as the new Three Stooges, having given us so many wonderfully funny treats each year. However, their 2004 "romzomcom" shot them to stardom and single-handedly managed to revive British horror. Shaun is a young man working in an electrical store has a rocky relationship with his mum, his girlfriend Liz is on the verge of dumping him and his best mate Ed is a complete slob who spends his days on Shaun's couch playing videogames and drinking beer, When he finally decides to get off his feet and sort his life out, a zombie invasion takes place but Shaun merely sees it as another obstacle. When he rounds up his family and friends and takes them to his local pub to try and survive the night. A real treat for all fans of British comedy and at the same time a gorefest that harkens back to the days of Peter Jackson's Braindead. Bloody brilliant. Expand
  18. May 21, 2011
    i found this film very entertaining there was lots of goo humor in it and a little drama as well and i enjoyed every minute however i am not going to say it was perfect there were flaws but i have never actually seen any movie that is perfect in every way
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    Everybody's gone wild about this zom-com, and I'm not loving it. Nick Frost and Simon Pegg have been in a few movies together, and I haven't liked any of them. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but like I said, I'm not loving it.
  20. Nov 18, 2011
    I am not quite sure how any one person can sit through even ten minutes of a film such as this, let alone watch to whole darn thing. 'Shaun of the Dead' deserves no rating higher than what i have chosen to rate it, and believe anyone who actually feels like this film is worthy of production, should reconsider their life choices.
  21. Jan 12, 2011
    This is a fairly entertaining movie... but i personally see no purpose so for me this is a pointless story, waste of money and a waste of our time rating this over the well-deserved rating of... 5
  22. Aug 15, 2011
    Overrated clap-trap that has amazingly found its way into the consciousness of self-proclaimed geeks, nerds and other cretins and subsequently opened the floodgates for the current spate of zombie-obsessed pop culture rubbish. Film is entertaining enough upon first viewing but after the first half hour you don't exactly need powers of clairvoyance to guess what's going to happen next.
  23. Aug 28, 2014
    Shaun of the Dead was a real surprise for me. I never really expected to enjoy a zombie movie this much, but I did. Now the film is not great, but it is very entertaining. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Kate Ashfield, are all very good in their roles and their chemistry is great. The direction from Edgar Wright is smart and assured. The script is also very good and is loaded with wittyShaun of the Dead was a real surprise for me. I never really expected to enjoy a zombie movie this much, but I did. Now the film is not great, but it is very entertaining. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Kate Ashfield, are all very good in their roles and their chemistry is great. The direction from Edgar Wright is smart and assured. The script is also very good and is loaded with witty dialogue and laughs. The laughs are ultimately the king here, as without the comedy, this one is alright. The thrills and excitement during the zombie sequences are good and certianly very intense, but at times, it can get a bit too gory. There are a few scenes that come to mind particular as being particularly gory and very much over the top. While the humor and thrills are good, I do wish they had toned down that aspect a little. I get that there will be gore in a zombie movie, but this one went overboard in some scenes, which was too bad. Luckily, however, the whole package is solid and very well done. As my first Edgar Wright film, it was a nice introduction to him. Expand
  24. Jun 19, 2014
    Shaun of the Dead is a tasteless, disgusting piece of work with very little redemption or justification for all its gore. It's plot points are stupid and hypocritical, the characters are some of the most annoyingly stupid people I've ever seen on a screen, and the movie feels decidedly incompetent. One of the worst movies I have ever seen.
  25. Jan 29, 2014
    Possibly my favourite movie ever! I can not say enough about how great this movie is. Everything about this movie is fantastic! Everyone should at least see this movie once.
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    shaun of the dead is not as bit as funny as i thought but the fact that its zom com it is funny watching simon pegg and nick frost killing zombies . but it is a okay film
  27. Nov 1, 2011
    After the first hour the movie lagged. The movie drew me in though at the beginning literally being too funny to fathom how they imitated the horror genre.
  28. Nov 1, 2010
    I find this movie a bit perplexing. I have given it a 7 out of 10 rating, yet last night (Halloween) I sat and watched this movie twice in a row, one after another. The second time I watched the movie set on Zombie-O-Meter. So I probably should give it a higher rating yet I can't seem to find it in me to do so right now. It does have some graphic gore, yet it is also a funny movie atI find this movie a bit perplexing. I have given it a 7 out of 10 rating, yet last night (Halloween) I sat and watched this movie twice in a row, one after another. The second time I watched the movie set on Zombie-O-Meter. So I probably should give it a higher rating yet I can't seem to find it in me to do so right now. It does have some graphic gore, yet it is also a funny movie at times. I might be able to give it a higher rating if I was a bigger fan of Gore and zombies. The Undead is just not the most appealing aspect of moviedom for me. Expand
  29. Apr 12, 2014
    Shaun is generally a nice guy but drives his girlfriend mad with his lack of ambition and insistence on spending every evening in the local pub. When London suddenly comes under attack from zombies Shaun realizes that, with the help of best friend Ed, it is his time to shine.

Shaun of the Dead is basically a spoof of the zombie movie genre but, unlike the terrible Scary Movie franchise; it shows a genuine understanding and love of the movies in which it spoofs. Featuring a great cast of British comic talent it is far funnier than the majority of comedy movies to come from this country (the duos attempts to imitate a zombie are simply hilarious).

Not lacking in gore and violence fans of horror films will find just as much entertainment as comedy fans in what has rightly become a cult classic.
  30. Aug 5, 2011
    I Have Nothing Negative To Say About This Movie At all. It Is The Perfect Movie For Me! It Has 3 Of My 4 Favourite Genres! Action, Horror and Comedy! (Its Only Missing sci-fi, Oh Wait, No it isn't! ZOMBIES!)

1. A gleefully gory, pitch-perfect parody of George Romero's zombie films. But this isn't a movie about other movies. Shaun of the Dead stands on its own.
  2. Reviewed by: Jim Agnew
    Extremely funny, side splitting good time.
  3. Reviewed by: Ray Bennett
    It's worth sticking around for the coda too as it contains some hilarious and very politically incorrect suggestions as to how zombies might be put to work once they've been tamed.