8.5

1. Sep 11, 2014
    A hilarious comedy which paved the way for movies like Zombieland and is very original.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  2. Aug 28, 2014
    Shaun of the Dead was a real surprise for me. I never really expected to enjoy a zombie movie this much, but I did. Now the film is not great, but it is very entertaining. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Kate Ashfield, are all very good in their roles and their chemistry is great. The direction from Edgar Wright is smart and assured. The script is also very good and is loaded with witty dialogue and laughs. The laughs are ultimately the king here, as without the comedy, this one is alright. The thrills and excitement during the zombie sequences are good and certianly very intense, but at times, it can get a bit too gory. There are a few scenes that come to mind particular as being particularly gory and very much over the top. While the humor and thrills are good, I do wish they had toned down that aspect a little. I get that there will be gore in a zombie movie, but this one went overboard in some scenes, which was too bad. Luckily, however, the whole package is solid and very well done. As my first Edgar Wright film, it was a nice introduction to him. Expand
  3. Jul 18, 2014
    Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Nick Frost are the ultimate dream team; 'Shaun of the Dead' is hilariously acted, intelligently directed (using Wright's signature short clips sequence) and well written. The characters are believable and there are even one or two genuinely scary moments.

This film must be watched by all comedy-horror fans.
  4. Jun 29, 2014
    Shaun is one of the funniest spoof comedies I have ever seen. The comedy is spot on and the movie is fast paced with plenty of special effects. Hot Fuzz with Pegg and Frost is also very funny. The two main actors should make more movies, they could make any movie genre work. The movie is endlessly exciting and is a work of cinematic art, kudos to everyone involved in the making of the movie.
  5. Jun 19, 2014
    Shaun of the Dead is a tasteless, disgusting piece of work with very little redemption or justification for all its gore. It's plot points are stupid and hypocritical, the characters are some of the most annoyingly stupid people I've ever seen on a screen, and the movie feels decidedly incompetent. One of the worst movies I have ever seen.
  6. May 25, 2014
    A zombie comedy yes please!!! Shaun of the Dead is such a great movie definitely has a re-watch rate that of TLOTR Trilogy for me. I remember watching it on DVD when it had first came out and me and my friend couldn't stop laughing. The part were they are drunk singing then the zombie joins in on the song i literally lost it that was so awesome. Since this is a zombie movie you have to have gore and this movie doesn't hold back nothing that was over the top.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are just brilliant together they are just gold when they work with each other. The laughs start from the vary beginning and they don's stop till the credits role. The supporting cast was good nothing special Kate Ashfield (Liz) plays Shaun's(Simon Pegg) girlfriend she has her moments but i didn't really care for her story arc of the film. David(Dylan Moran)and Dianne(Lucy Davis) are Liz's friends they don't really matter in the story but they are funny always bickering back and forth with each other.

Overall i give it a solid 10 love this movie so much going to watch it right now actually
  7. May 7, 2014
    Cleverly written and cast perfectly, Shaun of the Dead is one of the rare parody movies that actually work. And by work, I mean knock it out of the park. Shaun of the Dead is fun, gory, and witty with a few feels that come along for the ride as well.
  8. Apr 19, 2014
    This comedy/horror is one of my favourite movie of all-time with is horror/comedy/action scenes.The story is just not original but the result is there and that is what it takes to make a good movie.
  9. Apr 12, 2014
    Shaun is generally a nice guy but drives his girlfriend mad with his lack of ambition and insistence on spending every evening in the local pub. When London suddenly comes under attack from zombies Shaun realizes that, with the help of best friend Ed, it is his time to shine.

Shaun of the Dead is basically a spoof of the zombie movie genre but, unlike the terrible Scary Movie franchise;
    it shows a genuine understanding and love of the movies in which it spoofs. Featuring a great cast of British comic talent it is far funnier than the majority of comedy movies to come from this country (the duos attempts to imitate a zombie are simply hilarious).

Not lacking in gore and violence fans of horror films will find just as much entertainment as comedy fans in what has rightly become a cult classic.
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    shaun of the dead is not as bit as funny as i thought but the fact that its zom com it is funny watching simon pegg and nick frost killing zombies . but it is a okay film
  11. Feb 10, 2014
    An amazing film starting off an amazing film series. This film is perfect, and the best in the trilogy. The humour is great, and the action sequences are also great. The character development is good. There are so many little touches in the films you may not notice, which make the film completely perfect, and in my opinion, the best film ever made.
  12. Jan 29, 2014
    Possibly my favourite movie ever! I can not say enough about how great this movie is. Everything about this movie is fantastic! Everyone should at least see this movie once.
  13. Jan 20, 2014
    It should be noted that this is the best Zombie film of the 21st century. It also should be noted that the superior quality of this film made Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg internationally noticed.
  14. Jan 9, 2014
    A surprisingly well-orchestrated zombie movie with smart and hilarious comedy from Wright and Pegg. One of the most ingenious zombie films of the 2000's, and quite possibly the best. Zombie films do not particularly grow more refined with age at all, this being the best exception.
  15. Nov 29, 2013
    It was somewhat funny. It did have good acting, which is what makes really good movies good. With the script going good for a zombie film, I don't think it could have gone any better.
  16. Nov 16, 2013
    This film is an utterly remarkable. I am not a keen fan of the zombie genre due to many of them having pathetic plots. World gets infected lone group of survivors full bloody massacre. I may be contradicting myself, because this movie has a similar story line, but its because of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost`s onscreen chemistry, its superb use of British humor and Edgar Wrights kinetic direction that makes the film "awesome". Expand
  17. Oct 22, 2013
    The first of a "Cornetto Trilogy" from friends and regular collaborators Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg, Shaun (Pegg) is a bored and routine thirty something who spends too much time at the local pub, the Winchester, with his best friend Ed (Nick Frost) who doesn't do a whole lot with his life, Shaun's girlfriend Liz (Kate Ashfiled) is annoyed at his lack of focus and believe that Ed is holding him back. They sit and play video games, Shaun goes to work and is made fun of by his much younger colleagues, while also going through his life in sort of auto-pilot mode of repeating the same at ions day in and day out. The excellent refreshment of the film stems from what is really a subplot, that lead have risen as zombies and are eating the living, yet the constant bickering of these three, along with Liz's friends Dianne (Lucy Davis) and David (Dylan Moran) takes centre stage as they attempt to come up with plans at every turn in an attempt to get through a situation. The dark humour is particularly well written from Pegg and Wright, who also directs the film, his fast-paced and energetic style of filming adds heightened tension to otherwise menial scenes, these are definitely callbacks to zombie films of old, they need to get to a safe haven, which Shaun and Ed believe to be the local pub of course, is it so wrong to sit in relative comfort and drink free booze until an apocalypse blows over? The human element feels grounded and doesn't give way to too much zombie time, we get various situations of such routine where we even see Shaun walk to the shop and back without even noticing the people around him where zombies, it was funny, but it also showed a message of just how familiar people will be that we don't even notice change right in front of us. The witty britishness of it all is particularly fresh, a cup of tea will fix everything, while even in the most frightening of circumstances, jokes bar regulars and dead people not being your real dad can still hold a dark sense of comic relief, especially in a time of zombie overkill in the film industry, no pun intended. We have chemistry and urgency with the characters to get the point across, Pegg and Frost are the perfect duo, no matter how much Shaun wants to change, he can't say no to his best friend. Its a relief to see a different sort of apocalyptic film that centres much more on the people involved and how it affects their routine, especially in a hilarious and witty way. Expand
  18. Sep 30, 2013
    Brilliant movie and beyond entertaining as far as Zombie movies are concerned. Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are sublime together and they make this movie a must see.
  19. Sep 28, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is hands-down one of the best movies of the 21st Century. Brilliantly funny and genuinely scary at points. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are amazing.
  20. Sep 8, 2013
    Wow, what an incredibly funny and entertaining movie! The fact that people don't find this movie hilarious boggles my mind! If you haven't seen this movie yet, go watch it! You're missing out if you don't.
  21. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be one the most original comedies in years. It mixes the genre of horror spectacularly with the comedy. With such a depressing subject which has been explored by people such as George A. Romero, it's not the first zombie comedy, but I do think it is the best. The lines are great, the irony is clever, and each scene leaves you with a smile. Edgar Wright is a brilliant director and I am a fan of his works that I've seen. What works in his movies is the characters are so realistic and you can immediately identify with them. An example would be Ed, he is such a jerk but he's the kind of friend you've known forever. I think everyone has had this type of friend in their life at one point or another. Edgar Wright also has great symmetry with his movies, such displayed early on with two near identical long takes, that are just beautiful to behold. Also nearly every line has a just payoff, making the dialogue also very clever. The comedy is hilarious, the characters are great, and the editing is fast-paced and brilliant which leaves this movie impossible to keep your eyes off. Expand
  22. Aug 22, 2013
    One of my all-time favorites.

This movie puts tongue firmly in cheek then has a zombie bite it off.

Wit, social commentary and geeky references galore make this a fun movie to watch with some mates.
  23. Aug 4, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is a charming film that is frequently entertaining and combines bloody zombie violence and witty satire in equal measure. This will surely please zombie fans and comedy fans unlike and still proves to be the best zombie comedy film in recent memory.
  24. Jul 27, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is clever, witty, and just as inventive as it is funny. It took what the world knew as a horror spoof and turned it on its end. It shaped the way we look at the horror/comedy genre and will continue to be at the top tier of the genre until another film like it is made. An absolute romp from start to finish that leaves you satisfied, but wanting more. A must see for horror, comedy, or movie lovers of the like. Expand
  25. Jul 26, 2013
    Both hilarious and gory Shaun of the Dead is both a successful comedy and zombie movie. Great acting by the entire cast and impeccable writing and directing by Edgar Wright.
  26. Jul 16, 2013
    Great film. The comedy was great yet it wasn't too funny so as to shadow out the horror theme of the movie. Simon and nick are great comedic actors. Absolute British classic.
  27. Jun 18, 2013
    A must watch. One of my all-time favorite movies.....................................................................................................................................................................................
  28. May 4, 2013
    Every time I see this movie, I break out into laughter. This is one of the smartest, quirkiest, funniest movies I have ever seen. This is the best british film I have ever seen, and is one of my all time favorite movies.
  29. Apr 1, 2013
    An incredibly entertaining comedy that manages to keep my interest despite seeing it at least a dozen times. The fact that it still holds up after all these years tells you how good it is.
  30. Dec 29, 2012
    It pushes the horror-comedy formula to new grounds, all the while being intelligent, funny, and occasionally emotional -- however sometimes too much so.

1. A gleefully gory, pitch-perfect parody of George Romero's zombie films. But this isn't a movie about other movies. Shaun of the Dead stands on its own.
  2. Reviewed by: Jim Agnew
    Extremely funny, side splitting good time.
  3. Reviewed by: Ray Bennett
    It's worth sticking around for the coda too as it contains some hilarious and very politically incorrect suggestions as to how zombies might be put to work once they've been tamed.