8.6

1. Aug 15, 2010
    This movie is bloody brilliant. Action-packed, hilarious and gory. The writing is funny, the acting is great, and the directing is superb. I highly recommend it.
  2. Oct 13, 2010
    Shaun of the Dead has to be one of the funniest movies ever made. Simon Pegg and Nick frost make for an awesome comedic duo, as also seen in Hot Fuzz.
    The movie manages to give laughs, as well as being somewhat frightening and touching at points.
    9/10, great piece of art!
  3. Apr 12, 2011
    This movie is a match made in Heaven, Zombies and comedy, it will surprise you how funny, but yet just as brutal as any other Zombie movie, I have to admit some of the emotional parts feel awkward amongst the jokes, but this is still a movie I highly recommend to fans of Zombies, and comedies in general, a fantastic movie.
  4. Jun 30, 2011
    Refreshing take on the zombie genre although the zombies are a bit overly stupid. (Although, who's to say that's not realism!) The gags are well done the humour well mixed with the gore, the acting is solid and overall a very enjoyable horror comedy.
  5. Gnarles
    Jan 20, 2006
    The first hour or so is great fun, but when the characters get barracaded in a bar for the climax, the movie flames out and becomes exactly what it has been making fun of. The actual ending is amusing, though. "Player 2 has joined the game..."
  6. JTon
    Apr 21, 2007
    Best zombie take ever. Extra points for Queen music. Just Ridiculously Funny.
  7. Nov 5, 2010
    A truly amazing film by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The storyline is easy to follow. The characters are very well thought up, and the acting is superb. Shaun of the Dead is both humorous and gory and the balance is well designed. The editing, especially â
  8. Jul 30, 2011
    A comedy that is best shown with a group of friends on a boring Saturday night because it will soon turn into one with great laughter. An innovative comedy that blends the horrors of a zombie apocalypse and makes it seem like in the event of breakout, life wouldn't be so bad.
  9. Oct 22, 2011
    This a great zombie film full of blood, guts and funny moments. It can be hard to pull of a horror and comedy all in one, but this film does it well. The film isn't scary, but the zombies do look freaky. An alright storyline and plot, and played well by the actors. The action scenes are good, mostly filled with comedy. It's violent, horrible and bloody, it's Shaun Of The Dead!
  10. Apr 1, 2013
    An incredibly entertaining comedy that manages to keep my interest despite seeing it at least a dozen times. The fact that it still holds up after all these years tells you how good it is.
  11. May 1, 2012
    This is a great movie. The jokes are well timed and witty. The pacing is excellent and it seemed to me that the movie lasts shorter than it does. Simon Pegg is excellent and quite believable as a Shaun the hero. The movie is a real refreshment in the Zombie genre.
  12. Sep 24, 2012
    Shaun of the Dead is a romantic zombie horror comedy movie about two men, one called Shaun and the other called Ed they are best friends, they like to stay home, lounge about drink coffee and play video games. Shaun wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend. He soon finds out that a zombie apocalypse is happening and he starts getting worried about his family, friends and of courseShaun of the Dead is a romantic zombie horror comedy movie about two men, one called Shaun and the other called Ed they are best friends, they like to stay home, lounge about drink coffee and play video games. Shaun wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend. He soon finds out that a zombie apocalypse is happening and he starts getting worried about his family, friends and of course his ex girlfriend. This movie is very funny you will have a lot of laughs. I like it because it is a more comedic take on a zombie movie which hasn Expand
  13. Sep 28, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is hands-down one of the best movies of the 21st Century. Brilliantly funny and genuinely scary at points. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are amazing.
  14. Feb 10, 2014
    An amazing film starting off an amazing film series. This film is perfect, and the best in the trilogy. The humour is great, and the action sequences are also great. The character development is good. There are so many little touches in the films you may not notice, which make the film completely perfect, and in my opinion, the best film ever made.
  15. Chimp
    Oct 10, 2004
    Not only was this movie bloody hilarious (pun intended), but believe it or not, it actually was very artistic. its not just a comedy/horror movie. its very well made, even though it wont win any oscars. the second best movie ive seen this year after eternal sunshine.
  16. HeywoodJ.
    Oct 4, 2004
    One of the funniest movies I've seen in a while, and also one of the few movies in recent years to live up to the buzz it's generated.
  17. NathanG.
    Aug 1, 2005
    This is the best movie ever! Should have won every Oscar, including awards like documentary! Tons of subtle (and not so subtle) references to all kinds of things. It's a smash hit romantic comedy- with zombies.
  18. DanB.
    Oct 10, 2004
    It was funny, a little scary, and even... strangely touching. In the end it's all down to characters: this movie actually bothers to build them and define them, and give them back stories - not like Sky Captain, for example, whose idea of character definition is naming the character. Shaun is one of the better movies this year.
  19. RobertH.
    Oct 4, 2004
    As much as I hate to jump on any movie band wagon, I must say that this is the best MOVIE I've seen since "Spiderman2". Now I am not a fan in particular of any genre, I love to laugh and I love to be shocked, but not to the point of almost thowing up. This movie managed to accomplish both for me and my semi-reluctant wife who I could tell before we went to the movie she wasn't As much as I hate to jump on any movie band wagon, I must say that this is the best MOVIE I've seen since "Spiderman2". Now I am not a fan in particular of any genre, I love to laugh and I love to be shocked, but not to the point of almost thowing up. This movie managed to accomplish both for me and my semi-reluctant wife who I could tell before we went to the movie she wasn't too excited about seeing a ZOM-ROM-COM, especially with a bunch of British people using unfamiliar slang. But I'm getting off of the point, "Shaun of the Dead" is one those rare movies that manage to accomplish what they set out to do. This movie is a one of a kind gem and though I am sure it will be immitated at one point in time or another, I highly doubt it can be duplicated. Especiall Mr. Pegg (Shaun) who after this movie I did a web search of other movies he was in. Expand
  20. TarvB.
    Sep 25, 2004
    I went in not expecting much. The movie made me laugh so hard I almost cried at several different times. This has to be the most original comedy I've ever seen.
  21. MattA
    Jun 4, 2005
    This has to be one of my favorite movies of all time! The two things that i love most, Zombies, and comedy... and if your fans of both of those genres then you'll love this movie. The actors are all great and the comedy is above average in intellegence. One of my top 10.
  22. Lars
    Jul 15, 2005
    One of those movies that is even better the second time you watch it, or third, fourth, and seventeenth. It is extremely funny for fans of George Romero like myself, as there are many inside jokes that appeal to fans of the Dead movies. Ed-" Were coming to get you Barbara!" Very well thought out.
    Mar 24, 2006
    A lighthearted zombie take. Wish there was more gun action. I'd like to see a zombie film where survivors fight off the zombies with assault rifles, miniguns, RPGs, etc, a starship troopers with zombie instead of aliens.
  24. IanReyP
    Oct 19, 2008
    It's a dumb comedy. And mixed with horror. Just inventive! No movie like it. I had a good laugh, and a little scare. The music was just great!
  25. MuttD.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Funny, touching, serious, and even at times scary. It hits all the best spots from the romantic comedy and zombie genres.
  26. AndrewG
    Jun 23, 2009
    Will go down as the best horror comedy of all time.
  27. GaborA.
    Oct 1, 2004
    Horror comedies minus a very small handfull are usually neither funny nor scary. Ironically, this film which paradises those films is both. Solid directing and jokes that evoke laughs using almost every form of comedy i can think of make this movie stand on its own.
  28. DanT.
    Oct 12, 2004
    Great comic instincts.
  29. JamesD.
    Oct 13, 2004
    Its A Pure Classic, a Brilliant mix of genres, If you didnt like this film then you wanted to hate it form the start either that r you hate the british either way swallow your pride and keep your mouth shut. Best Bit: Killing the Landlord Zombie in time to queen. bythe way i am british and i highly reccomend getting the dvd whichc is already out here and is jam packed with extras such as Its A Pure Classic, a Brilliant mix of genres, If you didnt like this film then you wanted to hate it form the start either that r you hate the british either way swallow your pride and keep your mouth shut. Best Bit: Killing the Landlord Zombie in time to queen. bythe way i am british and i highly reccomend getting the dvd whichc is already out here and is jam packed with extras such as 4 different comentaries. and Plot Holes "what really did happen to shaun when he ran off with the zombies?????????" Expand
  30. MattH.
    Oct 18, 2004
    The funniest movie for a long time. Simon Pegg is a genius.

1. A gleefully gory, pitch-perfect parody of George Romero's zombie films. But this isn't a movie about other movies. Shaun of the Dead stands on its own.
  2. Reviewed by: Jim Agnew
    Extremely funny, side splitting good time.
  3. Reviewed by: Ray Bennett
    It's worth sticking around for the coda too as it contains some hilarious and very politically incorrect suggestions as to how zombies might be put to work once they've been tamed.