8.5

1. Jul 18, 2014
    Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Nick Frost are the ultimate dream team; 'Shaun of the Dead' is hilariously acted, intelligently directed (using Wright's signature short clips sequence) and well written. The characters are believable and there are even one or two genuinely scary moments.

This film must be watched by all comedy-horror fans.
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    Shaun is one of the funniest spoof comedies I have ever seen. The comedy is spot on and the movie is fast paced with plenty of special effects. Hot Fuzz with Pegg and Frost is also very funny. The two main actors should make more movies, they could make any movie genre work. The movie is endlessly exciting and is a work of cinematic art, kudos to everyone involved in the making of the movie.
  3. May 25, 2014
    A zombie comedy yes please!!! Shaun of the Dead is such a great movie definitely has a re-watch rate that of TLOTR Trilogy for me. I remember watching it on DVD when it had first came out and me and my friend couldn't stop laughing. The part were they are drunk singing then the zombie joins in on the song i literally lost it that was so awesome. Since this is a zombie movie you have to have gore and this movie doesn't hold back nothing that was over the top.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are just brilliant together they are just gold when they work with each other. The laughs start from the vary beginning and they don's stop till the credits role. The supporting cast was good nothing special Kate Ashfield (Liz) plays Shaun's(Simon Pegg) girlfriend she has her moments but i didn't really care for her story arc of the film. David(Dylan Moran)and Dianne(Lucy Davis) are Liz's friends they don't really matter in the story but they are funny always bickering back and forth with each other.

Overall i give it a solid 10 love this movie so much going to watch it right now actually
  4. May 7, 2014
    Cleverly written and cast perfectly, Shaun of the Dead is one of the rare parody movies that actually work. And by work, I mean knock it out of the park. Shaun of the Dead is fun, gory, and witty with a few feels that come along for the ride as well.
  5. Apr 19, 2014
    This comedy/horror is one of my favourite movie of all-time with is horror/comedy/action scenes.The story is just not original but the result is there and that is what it takes to make a good movie.
  6. Apr 12, 2014
    Shaun is generally a nice guy but drives his girlfriend mad with his lack of ambition and insistence on spending every evening in the local pub. When London suddenly comes under attack from zombies Shaun realizes that, with the help of best friend Ed, it is his time to shine.

Shaun of the Dead is basically a spoof of the zombie movie genre but, unlike the terrible Scary Movie franchise;
    it shows a genuine understanding and love of the movies in which it spoofs. Featuring a great cast of British comic talent it is far funnier than the majority of comedy movies to come from this country (the duos attempts to imitate a zombie are simply hilarious).

Not lacking in gore and violence fans of horror films will find just as much entertainment as comedy fans in what has rightly become a cult classic.
  7. Feb 10, 2014
    An amazing film starting off an amazing film series. This film is perfect, and the best in the trilogy. The humour is great, and the action sequences are also great. The character development is good. There are so many little touches in the films you may not notice, which make the film completely perfect, and in my opinion, the best film ever made.
  8. Jan 29, 2014
    Possibly my favourite movie ever! I can not say enough about how great this movie is. Everything about this movie is fantastic! Everyone should at least see this movie once.
  9. Jan 20, 2014
    It should be noted that this is the best Zombie film of the 21st century. It also should be noted that the superior quality of this film made Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg internationally noticed.
  10. Nov 16, 2013
    This film is an utterly remarkable. I am not a keen fan of the zombie genre due to many of them having pathetic plots. World gets infected lone group of survivors full bloody massacre. I may be contradicting myself, because this movie has a similar story line, but its because of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost`s onscreen chemistry, its superb use of British humor and Edgar Wrights kinetic direction that makes the film "awesome". Expand
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    The first of a "Cornetto Trilogy" from friends and regular collaborators Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg, Shaun (Pegg) is a bored and routine thirty something who spends too much time at the local pub, the Winchester, with his best friend Ed (Nick Frost) who doesn't do a whole lot with his life, Shaun's girlfriend Liz (Kate Ashfiled) is annoyed at his lack of focus and believe that Ed is holding him back. They sit and play video games, Shaun goes to work and is made fun of by his much younger colleagues, while also going through his life in sort of auto-pilot mode of repeating the same at ions day in and day out. The excellent refreshment of the film stems from what is really a subplot, that lead have risen as zombies and are eating the living, yet the constant bickering of these three, along with Liz's friends Dianne (Lucy Davis) and David (Dylan Moran) takes centre stage as they attempt to come up with plans at every turn in an attempt to get through a situation. The dark humour is particularly well written from Pegg and Wright, who also directs the film, his fast-paced and energetic style of filming adds heightened tension to otherwise menial scenes, these are definitely callbacks to zombie films of old, they need to get to a safe haven, which Shaun and Ed believe to be the local pub of course, is it so wrong to sit in relative comfort and drink free booze until an apocalypse blows over? The human element feels grounded and doesn't give way to too much zombie time, we get various situations of such routine where we even see Shaun walk to the shop and back without even noticing the people around him where zombies, it was funny, but it also showed a message of just how familiar people will be that we don't even notice change right in front of us. The witty britishness of it all is particularly fresh, a cup of tea will fix everything, while even in the most frightening of circumstances, jokes bar regulars and dead people not being your real dad can still hold a dark sense of comic relief, especially in a time of zombie overkill in the film industry, no pun intended. We have chemistry and urgency with the characters to get the point across, Pegg and Frost are the perfect duo, no matter how much Shaun wants to change, he can't say no to his best friend. Its a relief to see a different sort of apocalyptic film that centres much more on the people involved and how it affects their routine, especially in a hilarious and witty way. Expand
  12. Sep 30, 2013
    Brilliant movie and beyond entertaining as far as Zombie movies are concerned. Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are sublime together and they make this movie a must see.
  13. Sep 28, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is hands-down one of the best movies of the 21st Century. Brilliantly funny and genuinely scary at points. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are amazing.
  14. Sep 8, 2013
    Wow, what an incredibly funny and entertaining movie! The fact that people don't find this movie hilarious boggles my mind! If you haven't seen this movie yet, go watch it! You're missing out if you don't.
  15. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be one the most original comedies in years. It mixes the genre of horror spectacularly with the comedy. With such a depressing subject which has been explored by people such as George A. Romero, it's not the first zombie comedy, but I do think it is the best. The lines are great, the irony is clever, and each scene leaves you with a smile. Edgar Wright is a brilliant director and I am a fan of his works that I've seen. What works in his movies is the characters are so realistic and you can immediately identify with them. An example would be Ed, he is such a jerk but he's the kind of friend you've known forever. I think everyone has had this type of friend in their life at one point or another. Edgar Wright also has great symmetry with his movies, such displayed early on with two near identical long takes, that are just beautiful to behold. Also nearly every line has a just payoff, making the dialogue also very clever. The comedy is hilarious, the characters are great, and the editing is fast-paced and brilliant which leaves this movie impossible to keep your eyes off. Expand
  16. Aug 22, 2013
    One of my all-time favorites.

This movie puts tongue firmly in cheek then has a zombie bite it off.

Wit, social commentary and geeky references galore make this a fun movie to watch with some mates.
  17. Aug 4, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is a charming film that is frequently entertaining and combines bloody zombie violence and witty satire in equal measure. This will surely please zombie fans and comedy fans unlike and still proves to be the best zombie comedy film in recent memory.
  18. Jul 27, 2013
    Shaun of the Dead is clever, witty, and just as inventive as it is funny. It took what the world knew as a horror spoof and turned it on its end. It shaped the way we look at the horror/comedy genre and will continue to be at the top tier of the genre until another film like it is made. An absolute romp from start to finish that leaves you satisfied, but wanting more. A must see for horror, comedy, or movie lovers of the like. Expand
  19. Jul 26, 2013
    Both hilarious and gory Shaun of the Dead is both a successful comedy and zombie movie. Great acting by the entire cast and impeccable writing and directing by Edgar Wright.
  20. Jul 16, 2013
    Great film. The comedy was great yet it wasn't too funny so as to shadow out the horror theme of the movie. Simon and nick are great comedic actors. Absolute British classic.
  21. Jun 18, 2013
    A must watch. One of my all-time favorite movies.....................................................................................................................................................................................
  22. May 4, 2013
    Every time I see this movie, I break out into laughter. This is one of the smartest, quirkiest, funniest movies I have ever seen. This is the best british film I have ever seen, and is one of my all time favorite movies.
  23. Sep 24, 2012
    Shaun of the Dead is a romantic zombie horror comedy movie about two men, one called Shaun and the other called Ed they are best friends, they like to stay home, lounge about drink coffee and play video games. Shaun wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend. He soon finds out that a zombie apocalypse is happening and he starts getting worried about his family, friends and of course his ex girlfriend. This movie is very funny you will have a lot of laughs. I like it because it is a more comedic take on a zombie movie which hasn Expand
  24. Jul 24, 2012
    Plenty of gore, but it's all played for laughs. Simon Pegg is a terrifically comic actor and always knows how to make people laugh. Despite the panic-stricken individuals running around aimlessly, this film has a tight zombie-romance-comedy edge to it and some of the killings are just hilarious. It doesn't need to be sophisticated, which it isn't, but it doesn't reduce it to slapstick and toilet humour either. This film enters straight through the middle instead. Although it had zombies in it, there was a lot of comedy because most things were played for laughs, but there were a few horrific moments. Makes Shaun's monotonous life much more exciting and probably anyone else's life as well. Take control of your life, like Shaun - even if it includes the zombie apocalypse. Expand
  25. May 1, 2012
    This is a great movie. The jokes are well timed and witty. The pacing is excellent and it seemed to me that the movie lasts shorter than it does. Simon Pegg is excellent and quite believable as a Shaun the hero. The movie is a real refreshment in the Zombie genre.
  26. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best mix of beer and blood I have ever tasted. "Shaun of the Dead" has some great comical moments and yet it has been made with lots of professionalism like this was a serious gory horror movie they were making. Because of this, through its seriousness, the movie becomes perhaps even more hilarious and really delivers. Both the fans of the (British) comedy-genre and the fans of mainly 'Zombie' movies and other gory horror-movies, will be entertained by this movie. I Actually don't watch any zombie movie... but I really really enjoy this one... Very entertaining from start till it run out of gas... Expand
  27. Nov 6, 2011
    British humour at it's best. What kind of person couldn't adore such awesome characters mixed in with the most dangerous situation known to humanity. I still can't believe that there is red on reviews. sex on a disc!
  28. Aug 5, 2011
    I Have Nothing Negative To Say About This Movie At all. It Is The Perfect Movie For Me! It Has 3 Of My 4 Favourite Genres! Action, Horror and Comedy! (Its Only Missing sci-fi, Oh Wait, No it isn't! ZOMBIES!)
  29. Jul 30, 2011
    A comedy that is best shown with a group of friends on a boring Saturday night because it will soon turn into one with great laughter. An innovative comedy that blends the horrors of a zombie apocalypse and makes it seem like in the event of breakout, life wouldn't be so bad.
  30. May 21, 2011
    i found this film very entertaining there was lots of goo humor in it and a little drama as well and i enjoyed every minute however i am not going to say it was perfect there were flaws but i have never actually seen any movie that is perfect in every way
  31. May 2, 2011
    Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright could be described as the new Three Stooges, having given us so many wonderfully funny treats each year. However, their 2004 "romzomcom" shot them to stardom and single-handedly managed to revive British horror. Shaun is a young man working in an electrical store has a rocky relationship with his mum, his girlfriend Liz is on the verge of dumping him and his best mate Ed is a complete slob who spends his days on Shaun's couch playing videogames and drinking beer, When he finally decides to get off his feet and sort his life out, a zombie invasion takes place but Shaun merely sees it as another obstacle. When he rounds up his family and friends and takes them to his local pub to try and survive the night. A real treat for all fans of British comedy and at the same time a gorefest that harkens back to the days of Peter Jackson's Braindead. Bloody brilliant. Expand
  32. Apr 12, 2011
    This movie is a match made in Heaven, Zombies and comedy, it will surprise you how funny, but yet just as brutal as any other Zombie movie, I have to admit some of the emotional parts feel awkward amongst the jokes, but this is still a movie I highly recommend to fans of Zombies, and comedies in general, a fantastic movie.
  33. Mar 11, 2011
    Great British zombie horror comedy that I ever seen. Everyone is hilarious and they have the funniest catchphrases.
  34. Mar 2, 2011
    Unbelievably funny. I saw this just a year ago and screamed in laughter. These actors were so funny and had great comedic timing. It is bloody even for the TV version so for R, you are probably in for some gruesome scenes. The storyline, even if it is a spoof of the classic "Dawn of the Dead" was original and brilliantly written.
  35. Nov 5, 2010
    A truly amazing film by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The storyline is easy to follow. The characters are very well thought up, and the acting is superb. Shaun of the Dead is both humorous and gory and the balance is well designed. The editing, especially â
  36. Oct 13, 2010
    Shaun of the Dead has to be one of the funniest movies ever made. Simon Pegg and Nick frost make for an awesome comedic duo, as also seen in Hot Fuzz.
    The movie manages to give laughs, as well as being somewhat frightening and touching at points.
    9/10, great piece of art!
  37. Aug 15, 2010
    This movie is bloody brilliant. Action-packed, hilarious and gory. The writing is funny, the acting is great, and the directing is superb. I highly recommend it.

1. A gleefully gory, pitch-perfect parody of George Romero's zombie films. But this isn't a movie about other movies. Shaun of the Dead stands on its own.
  2. Reviewed by: Jim Agnew
    Extremely funny, side splitting good time.
  3. Reviewed by: Ray Bennett
    It's worth sticking around for the coda too as it contains some hilarious and very politically incorrect suggestions as to how zombies might be put to work once they've been tamed.