6.0

1. Mar 16, 2014
    I saw the film at the premiere and absolutely loved it. As a Iranian American I could totally relate to Shirin's character and her struggle to set herself free from traditions and follow her heart.
  2. Apr 22, 2014
    What an adorable film! It's one of those romantic comedies that completely melts the heart. But what I really liked about it was the fact that unlike most rom coms it actually had something to say. This film delves into tradition, culture and following one's dreams. What's more is thefact that a man isn't the only dream and desire Shirin has. She wants to have a career she can really beWhat an adorable film! It's one of those romantic comedies that completely melts the heart. But what I really liked about it was the fact that unlike most rom coms it actually had something to say. This film delves into tradition, culture and following one's dreams. What's more is thefact that a man isn't the only dream and desire Shirin has. She wants to have a career she can really be passionate about. So often these movies just focus on hopeless romantic girls that just make goo goo eyes at the leading man. This is not one of those films and that's why I liked it so much. Yes, it's romantic. Yes, it's funny. But there are actually some really heartfelt and even sad moments in it that really make one think. I'd highly recommend everyone give it a try and not dismiss it as just another chick flick. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mary Houlihan
    Mar 27, 2014
    There’s a glint of a clever idea here, but writer-director Ramin Niami’s reliance on tired rom-com tropes only serve to drag down the film, which plays out like a Harlequin romance.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark Jenkins
    Mar 20, 2014
    Although Boniadi makes Shirin nearly as likable as she’s supposed to be, writer-director Ramin Niami’s movie is crudely contrived and sloppily edited.
  3. Reviewed by: Godfrey Cheshire
    Mar 14, 2014
    Shirin in Love blends tangy romantic comedy and tart social satire into a cinematic cocktail that's pleasingly off-beat, warm-spirited and knowing.