7.4

1. Nov 6, 2014
    This movie is very good, and if you're into guns or snipers then you'll love this movie. It's filled with lots of action and plot twists that you won't see coming. Towards the end is spectacular, and it will leave you with wanting more of the movie. It's one of those movies that you can watch multiple times and not get bored of. It also has some great acting in it to boot. You shouldThis movie is very good, and if you're into guns or snipers then you'll love this movie. It's filled with lots of action and plot twists that you won't see coming. Towards the end is spectacular, and it will leave you with wanting more of the movie. It's one of those movies that you can watch multiple times and not get bored of. It also has some great acting in it to boot. You should definitely take the time to watch the movie. Expand
  2. Aug 31, 2014
    Was this movie made by some sort of location-freak? Was it all an excuse to show me different parts of america or something? Because other than that, all I've seen is a mediocre plot and an ending that didn't make the hero look either like a good guy or an anti-hero or a bad guy, it was just stupid and wrong and, I don't know, edgy?

Action movie my ass, if they were aiming for something

Action movie my ass, if they were aiming for something not particularly deep but full of action they would have definitely cut on that stupid plot going on interrupting the movie every two seconds. Not that I'd have preferred it that way, I'm just saying that this fails both as an action movie or a plot-driven movie. Literally what the hell did I just watch.
  3. Jan 9, 2014
    Very rarely where a film tries to copy the Jason Bourne franchise and fail. It follows the framed person trying to clear his name, and then turns into a complete mess, filled with uninteresting politics and how the government is corrupted. Compare to the Bourne series, it's pretty tame. It goes for adding plot elements that even re-watching it, it will still leave you confused. The actionVery rarely where a film tries to copy the Jason Bourne franchise and fail. It follows the framed person trying to clear his name, and then turns into a complete mess, filled with uninteresting politics and how the government is corrupted. Compare to the Bourne series, it's pretty tame. It goes for adding plot elements that even re-watching it, it will still leave you confused. The action is decent but doesn't pull any new or tried something that hasn't been done recently. The characters generic and the finale changes the tone and not in a good way. It's like the writer just made things up as he went along. Anybody who wants to see a smart thriller involving the government should avoid this, unless you want to leave in confusion; you better stick with the Jason Bourne franchise, it's done better in terms of writing acting, directing and doesn't need to be complex to be good. Expand
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    "Shooter" may be as predictable as gravity, but in the company of some truly fascinating realism, some brilliant effects work, and an magnetically bleak political philosophy, the film ultimately endures as yet another solid piece of action-thriller work from Antoine Fuqua.
  5. Sep 14, 2013
    Shooter works. Those are two simple words to describe this gripping political drama. Mark Wahlberg is epic as usual and Micheal Pena does good too but Mark rocks. The edgy and crispy story works with great direction by Antione Faqua.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    The plot is definitely not plausible at all, but yet it was entertaining. The acting was good and there was definitely plenty of action. This is not a great film, but it is still very good entertainment.
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    This is a great movie and goes to show once again that the critics really have no idea what they're talking about. They seemed to get too caught up in the politics of the film but that's really just a minor part in what is mainly just your good ole action movie. If they didn't like guns and blood, don't watch a rated R movie called shooter. Mark Wahlberg is fantastic and the supportingThis is a great movie and goes to show once again that the critics really have no idea what they're talking about. They seemed to get too caught up in the politics of the film but that's really just a minor part in what is mainly just your good ole action movie. If they didn't like guns and blood, don't watch a rated R movie called shooter. Mark Wahlberg is fantastic and the supporting cast is also great. Michael Pena and Danny Glover are both really good and Kate Mara is amazing. She's definitely one of the most underrated actresses in Hollywood. The gun element is really nice to watch also. The plot develops well and the story flows nicely. Honestly, the only flaws in the film for me are the sometimes corny dialogue and a few minor errors. Overall Shooter is a great movie that action film fans will certainly enjoy. Expand
  8. Feb 24, 2013
    From the Funky Bunch to action movie star, it's been a long road for Mark Wahlberg. A long road filled with a lot of bad movies, but in recent years he has finally mastered his craft and Shooter is the crown jewel. This is the perfect action movie! A GREAT story, several plot twists, and lots of explosions. Wahlberg was the perfect choice to play Swagger and really brings to life the bestFrom the Funky Bunch to action movie star, it's been a long road for Mark Wahlberg. A long road filled with a lot of bad movies, but in recent years he has finally mastered his craft and Shooter is the crown jewel. This is the perfect action movie! A GREAT story, several plot twists, and lots of explosions. Wahlberg was the perfect choice to play Swagger and really brings to life the best intended parts of his character. This is an absolute can't miss movie for action fans. I was truly in awe! Expand
  9. Dec 28, 2012
    I love this movie I honestly think it;s Mark Walhbergs best work. Movie had the best ending, good plots, really good actors/actress. Hopefully we get to see this Mark Walhberg in his new movie Broken city
  10. Dec 1, 2012
    To first address the pros, "Shooter" is an engrossing and well-made thriller following a military sniper's chaotic leave of retirement after he's deceived into a new assignment and finds himself on the run from corrupt government officials. Mark Wahlberg is decent in his role as the ex-soldier turned fugitive, and Danny Glover's performance is fairly engaging, while Michael Pena is largelyTo first address the pros, "Shooter" is an engrossing and well-made thriller following a military sniper's chaotic leave of retirement after he's deceived into a new assignment and finds himself on the run from corrupt government officials. Mark Wahlberg is decent in his role as the ex-soldier turned fugitive, and Danny Glover's performance is fairly engaging, while Michael Pena is largely forgettable and unconvincing as an FBI agent who is somewhat messily pulled into the fray. The action can also be fun at times.

However, ultimately, "Shooter" lost me with its dark, cynical and corrupt atmosphere. Whatever its true purpose, the film paints government as an evil and ruthless mugshot on our wall. Our villains, who lack any discernible thread of humanity or therefore plausibility, are perhaps two of the more callous and heartless government officials you'll find in a film, and they are virtually the only piece of government focused on in the film. There is a brief snapshot of attempted justice near the end, but that is conveniently written through a loose legal loophole to make way for a quick and bloody finale of retribution, so in the end I suppose the message is to be a vigilante and ignore all the rules since Big Brother is apparently no more than a sexually abusive, mass-murdering thug.

I can't say if it was the movie's intention to be so pointed in its presentation, but "Shooter" is nonetheless a pointedly pessimistic film, and for me its scowling nature wasn't quite up my alley.
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    Great movie. Good suspense. Loved to watch it until the very end. A solid and intelligent thriller with a credible Mark Wahlberg as Bobby Lee, well researched delivering high class action. Watch it!
  12. Nov 8, 2012
    The movie just simply excited me..., and Mark Walhberg fit himself in the role nicely and neatly. In addition, the storyline turned itself quickly into the disappointment of Americans since the 2000 election and the 9/11 attack.
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    Despite a few obvious flaws such as average acting by the cast, Shooter is actually a pretty good film. The story is interesting and keeps you entertained from start to finish. Wahlberg does a decent job as the lead in this film. Definently worth checking out.
  14. Feb 10, 2012
    Comment un réalisateur comme Antoine Fuqua, qui a pu pondre une merveille avec Training Day, peut-il descendre aussi bas dans la sobriété? Car oui, Shooter est un film "trop" classique, qui n'a pas peur d'user jusqu'au bout des personnages et des clihés mille fois vues, sans pour autant révolutionner quoi que ce soit dans leComment un réalisateur comme Antoine Fuqua, qui a pu pondre une merveille avec Training Day, peut-il descendre aussi bas dans la sobriété? Car oui, Shooter est un film "trop" classique, qui n'a pas peur d'user jusqu'au bout des personnages et des clihés mille fois vues, sans pour autant révolutionner quoi que ce soit dans le genre "film d'action de série B". Et le pire, c'est que le film se prend trop au sérieux pour être véritablement intéressant. A la limite, un bon nanar avec Stallone ou Van Damme passe bien... Non, franchement, Shooter est un banal divertissement qui se laisse regarder (faut quand même le reconnaître), mais qui n'est ni réussi, ni efficace, ni mémorable! Expand
  15. Dec 19, 2011
    It was a good and interesting film and imo it was Wahlberg at his best. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I still watch it whenever it comes on TV. Well worth watching.

Shooter does what any good thriller should accomplish - it thrills. It's fast-paced, energetic, and doesn't follow a path that seems pre-ordained from the beginning.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Shooter is a generically titled studio action picture that turns out to be a surprisingly deft satire about Americans' loss of faith in their government following the 2000 election, the 9/11 attacks, and the ensuing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Suspended over a deep gully of disbelief, where logic takes more bullets than the bad guys, Shooter still makes the grade as hard-ass action escapism.