7.8

1. EmilyR.
    May 25, 2007
    I strongly recommend this film! It's not just for theater lovers. It's the best doc I've seen in years. And funny too!!
  2. LeeS.
    May 16, 2007
    Brilliant! I saw it with people who don't love theatre and they loved this film!! What a ride. And so funny. Can't wait for the DVD>
  3. StephanieR.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Really loved this doc. It felt like a feature. What a great ride and fantastic characters I really cared about. And funny too! A rock solid 10.
  4. BillS.
    May 13, 2007
    I like musicals, so this was really wonderful. My only complaint - keeping it from a 10 - is that it didn't go as deeply as I wanted it to, because of time. What a great series this would have been.
  5. JasonR.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Great idea to follow so many shows, though it did mean that it didn't get as involved enough in each of the shows separately as I would have liked. Bill S. is right... should have been a series. Even if you haven't seen any of the shows, I'd still recommend it. You'll want to see them afterwards! (unfortunately for me - and all of us I suppose - the two I haven't Great idea to follow so many shows, though it did mean that it didn't get as involved enough in each of the shows separately as I would have liked. Bill S. is right... should have been a series. Even if you haven't seen any of the shows, I'd still recommend it. You'll want to see them afterwards! (unfortunately for me - and all of us I suppose - the two I haven't seen are the ones no longer running). Expand

1. Along the way Dori Berinstein's cameras catch gallant theater people doing what they've done since Sophocles was a pup: rehearsing, revising, worrying, learning, stretching, struggling to bump things up from good to wonderful and constantly, fervently hoping.
  2. Reviewed by: Albert Williams
    Thrilling rehearsal and performance footage of Idina Menzel in "Wicked," Tonya Pinkins in "Caroline," and Euan Morton in "Taboo" is juxtaposed with thoughtful, funny, and revealing interviews with writers, directors, producers, publicists, and critics.
  3. Captures the flavor of putting on a show on Broadway.