Shrek Forever After

6.5

1. May 31, 2011
    yeah it wasn't horrible. it was a good way to say goodbye. it was entertaining to me. but its not shrek. or shrek 2. so yeah 6 out of 10 its a solid movie. its watchable.
  2. Dec 10, 2010
    This installment in the 'Shrek' series still maintains the comic validity of the previous three, and has a few moments which set it apart from the others, but much of what was wrong with the third is still present in this one.
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    Shrek Forever After was the movie that did not need to be made that being said ti was not all that bad. The voice acting was good, there were some decent jokes, the characters still had their charm, and the animation was still good. Plus, I kind of liked the villain and the Pied Piper. However, this film is still the weakest in the series. The plot feels forced and clearly an excuse forShrek Forever After was the movie that did not need to be made that being said ti was not all that bad. The voice acting was good, there were some decent jokes, the characters still had their charm, and the animation was still good. Plus, I kind of liked the villain and the Pied Piper. However, this film is still the weakest in the series. The plot feels forced and clearly an excuse for another Shrek movie. Did not feel sad when this one ended. Maybe if the film had more throwbacks to the previous films I'd care more but as the film is it is just ok. While Shrek Forever AFter was clearly a money grabber and no where near as good as the first to/three it still has some charm and will entertain Shrek fans. Expand
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    The jokes at this point are forced and feel very plastic. The dialogue doesn't flow as it did in the first film.
  5. Sep 28, 2011
    "Shrek Forever After" has permanently changed a funny, pure franchise into a greedy one craving for money. Nice work, Dreamworks...
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So it's not a wonderful life; so they lied. Lying awake at night, Shrek, a husband and father of triplets, undergoes an existential crisis, as Fiona sleeps soundly, oblivious to the paradox that vexes her domesticated spouse, who misses the ogre condition of alienation and veneration. The sheer awe that Shrek's size and stature commanded from the townsfolk, in hindsight, so he thinks, was adequate compensation for his lonely bachelor life in the swamp. The marital bed, suddenly a coffin instead of a haven, inspires Shrek to take out a "Wanted" poster, the highlight of his outlaw notoriety, from the dresser-drawer and affixes the ephemeralia to the mirror, creating a jarring disconnect with the ogre's reflected self. Shrek realizes that he's half an ogre; his resentment lies in incubation 'til the next day at the birthday party, where he reveals his true colors. In the 1947 Frank Capra classic that loosely informs "Shrek Forever After", George Bailey(Jimmy Stewart), the stabilizing force of Bedford Falls, matches the ogre's disenchantment with being a household patriarch, in the housewarming scene where Mary(Donna Reed) gives her wanderlust husband a knitted picture that reads: "George lassos the moon." Like the lunar surface, Shrek can be his own man in the swamp, lonely, but away from the pressures of being a husband and father. In the Capra film, Mary doesn't realize the double-edged significance of the moon; she sees the sphere as merely a romantic object, and not an object of despair, the final outpost for George's wandering spirit. Like "It's a Wonderful Life", one wish made in haste and self-absorption transforms a town and its people for the worse. Rumplestilskin's rave hints at the noirish qualities of Pottersville, since a rave promotes bacchanalia and in this instance, a means of institutional control. The witches turn into good-time party girls as FarFarAway Land becomes a fertile ground for intolerance and nihilism. Expand
  7. Oct 9, 2010
    "In my opinion this latest and hopefully FINAL! chapter it gets boring , and unfunny , its hardly worth anyone's time , the character we all know and love , has well lost its charm , but i love seeing all the characters back , and for that i say Rent It" .. C+
  8. Jan 12, 2011
    What reason do you go to see Shrek? For me, I expect cheerful atmospheres all around, That simple. In thiz fourth installment of Shrek, everything becomes darker and gloomy. I think the key that made Shrek franchise succesfull all the time is Andrew Adamson. Adamson is The Director of two early ones, SHREK (2001) and SHREK 2 (2004). And he also contributes writing credit in SHREK THE THIRDWhat reason do you go to see Shrek? For me, I expect cheerful atmospheres all around, That simple. In thiz fourth installment of Shrek, everything becomes darker and gloomy. I think the key that made Shrek franchise succesfull all the time is Andrew Adamson. Adamson is The Director of two early ones, SHREK (2001) and SHREK 2 (2004). And he also contributes writing credit in SHREK THE THIRD (2007). Thiz time to continue thiz three years occasion without his involvement, Shrek was into nightmare. The directing was handed to Mike Mitchell. Mitchell known as Director of DEUCE BIGALOW: MALE GIGOLO (1999) and SKY HIGH (2005), which are not animation. The story tries to reset everything from the beginning. It tells Shrek (Mike Myers) travels to the past and faces the new alternate universe, which Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz) is a warrior, Puss in Boots (Antonio Banderas) now is a fat lazy cat, and Donkey (Eddie Murphy) does not even know Shrek. All happened bcoz of Bad intentions from new villain named Rumpelstiltskin (Walt Dohrn) who wanted to rule Far Far Away Kingdom. Thiz character has not developed well. The funny scene was only when he eventually changed his silly wig. It was not comparable to Lord Farquaad character in the first one. I think all of movie critics will hardly appraise thiz sequel as a good one. If we see Shrek series in overall, it was already downhill since the first. The first Shrek was amazingly great, the second one was still impressive, and we thought SHREK THE THIRD was a real forever after. Thiz one, I described it as no-need extension. However, Shrek movies always fill with joyful soundtracks. If only they have fresh ideas for thiz franchise to continue, but if do not, just left behind thiz franchise for a while. They did not realize, they might have been killing thiz franchise forever after. One thing for sure, thiz one is really a Cat-tastrophe and ri-Donkey-lous.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE on : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  9. Aug 1, 2011
    I have never really found any of these movies funny. At least laugh out loud funny, I may have given a stilted â
  10. Dec 24, 2011
    Since the protagonists are lacking imagination and the story has been crumbled movie after movie, Shrek should be thankful to the fact that he reached his forever after.
  11. Nov 16, 2011
    The new villain, Rumplestilskin, is what really helped make this Shrek better than it could have been. Shrek is tired of his life as a harmless ogre and wants to be like he was before he met his friends, so he makes a deal with Rumplestilskin and his life changes exactly like that, with a lot of dislike for this new life. Beware of a dissappointing ending that makes the Shrek series leaveThe new villain, Rumplestilskin, is what really helped make this Shrek better than it could have been. Shrek is tired of his life as a harmless ogre and wants to be like he was before he met his friends, so he makes a deal with Rumplestilskin and his life changes exactly like that, with a lot of dislike for this new life. Beware of a dissappointing ending that makes the Shrek series leave too soon. Other than the ending, I think you'll have reasons to enjoy Shrek Forever After. Expand
  12. Jun 11, 2014
    It's... meh

I mean, the story is weak, the characters are kinda lame, the setting is not very interesting and the villain is just boring. Is so hard to concentrate in this movie and I mean that in a bad way... I find myself not caring to the point of boredom, however there is the saving grace of having a fluid animation, some cool character designs and some good humor. This movie is
    It's... meh

This movie is just a total mix bag, is very weak where it matters most for a movie IMO, but I can see why reasons why some people might like it...
  13. Jun 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here is my question for Dreamworks..Why the hell did you make this movie? I mean seriously they could have just ended this great franchise at Shrek The Third. In my opinion I didn't think this film was necessary at all, it just told a random story. There were very little laughs and I felt like Shrek was the only character in the movie and the other ones didn't matter much. This movie was a complete bore and had little to no exciting parts whatsoever. Although I give Mike Myers a thumbs up on his usual good performance on Shrek, the other characters fell flat. The plot was really cookie cutter and has been used in many movies before. The villain (Rumplestilskin) was not a very good one and he was also featured in Shrek The Third, but looked different so why would they have to remake him instead. Oh yeah and I though in the third Shrek all the villains stopped fighting and chased their own dreams? I guess Dreamworks forgot about that. Overall this movie was pretty horrendous one this movie spit in the face of Shrek and tainted a great franchise.
    Overall: 4.5/10
  14. Jul 16, 2013
    I really tried liking this third sequel to the wonderful "Shrek" film, but overall left nothing to enjoy, and little to impress. "Shrek Forever After" deals with its tough issues of trying to challenge itself to bring any new concepts, but failing miserably. The film has of course the issues of large amounts of pop culture references, which are so overly done and feels just like a slightI really tried liking this third sequel to the wonderful "Shrek" film, but overall left nothing to enjoy, and little to impress. "Shrek Forever After" deals with its tough issues of trying to challenge itself to bring any new concepts, but failing miserably. The film has of course the issues of large amounts of pop culture references, which are so overly done and feels just like a slight tweak from its past films. The story has little to no depth, and feels as if they tried influencing the elements from its past films into this third sequel, which in no means was successful. By adding similar elements from its past films, "Shrek Forever After" feels too familiar, and loses the charm and wit from the first two films by trying to add them in the fourth. Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2013
    Tasteless, devoid of any of Dreamwork's charm. The final film to what was once an entertaining and perfectly satirical franchise shows of how unoriginal and lackadaisical the writers are and how apathetic the producers are at entertaining the people, their job. This ended my taste for 'Shrek'. It should have been a trilogy. The third was already boring.
  16. Aug 16, 2014
    Formulaic and partly familiar, "Shrek Forever After" only succeeds thanks to its humor, likable characters and a talented vocal. Slightly better than the third one.
  17. Feb 9, 2015
    Shrek Forever After has nothing on the first three installments of the series. I only have a few problems with this movie. I don't like the updated CGI. The original Shrek animation was so much better in the first few films and I don't like the idea to go with something different. It wasn't broke so they didn't need to fix it. I also thought that this franchise deserved a better endingShrek Forever After has nothing on the first three installments of the series. I only have a few problems with this movie. I don't like the updated CGI. The original Shrek animation was so much better in the first few films and I don't like the idea to go with something different. It wasn't broke so they didn't need to fix it. I also thought that this franchise deserved a better ending than it got. Shrek isn't going to a get like Toy Story 3 but they could have still done a little better seeing as this is going to be the final film. Other than that I found the film fairly funny but after 4 movies you can't expect it to be as funny as the first 3. I'm glad I saw the conclusion of this franchise but if I want to watch a Shrek movie I'll stick with the first 2. Expand
  18. Oct 14, 2014
    Despite ripping off Its a Wonderful Life, it still manages to be way funnier, and way more interesting than the third movie because it doesn't drag on, isn't boring, and feels like they actually wrote something. Overall Forever After is just okay.
  19. Jul 20, 2015
    Shrek 4 es mejor que Shrek 3, las bromas, los chistes y las situaciones son en algunos momentos pasables, pero continua con el mismo error que su antecesora, un intento absurdo y ridículo de "película apta para niños pero con chistes exclusivos para los adultos" ¿y saben que es lo peor? ¡Que no funciona! una innecesaria continuación (como la 3) y un final decepcionante para la franquicia,Shrek 4 es mejor que Shrek 3, las bromas, los chistes y las situaciones son en algunos momentos pasables, pero continua con el mismo error que su antecesora, un intento absurdo y ridículo de "película apta para niños pero con chistes exclusivos para los adultos" ¿y saben que es lo peor? ¡Que no funciona! una innecesaria continuación (como la 3) y un final decepcionante para la franquicia, olvidemos a Shrek 3 y Shrek 4, imaginemos que nunca existieron. Shrek y Shrek 2 merecían algo mejor. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2015
    It all felt like filler. It's like someone wrote a fanfic epilogue and Dreamworks decided to animate it. The gags weren't nearly as inventive as the first 3 and Shrek without fresh humor is well, hollow.

However, I really enjoyed the idea of Shrek coming to terms with uneventful fatherhood and settling down. I guess the franchise could've ended worse.
  21. Jul 6, 2015
    Agora chegou a vez de uma fantasia Shrek alternativa, despencou sua qualidade, demostrar outro lado do protagonista realmente é divertido, mas não são as mesmas emoções, há algo monótono.

1. Reveals a definite been-there, done-that feeling.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    The reputed swan song for the series and its first entry in 3D, pic contains a respectable number of laughs, but also borrows its storyline from the oft-recycled "It's a Wonderful Life," and if that's all its creators can do, it's best to put Far Far Away far far away.
  3. Hilarious and heartfelt from start to finish, this is the best Shrek of them all, and that's no fairy tale.