Shrek Forever After

6.5

1. AlanH.
    May 23, 2010
    This is a real breath of fresh air. Gone are the oh-so-hip jokes, the pointless pop culture references and double-meanings aimed at adults. In their place is a pleasing fable of love, family and the compromises we all make. The second act sags slightly, but overall this movie is a worthy sequel to the first one and almost makes me forget the wretched #2 and #3.
  2. ManuelAvila
    May 21, 2010
    Nice way to say goodbye. Beside Donkey and Puss' jokes, the story line was simple and straight. Don't waste money watching the movie in 3-D... it's not worth it!
  3. DanC
    May 22, 2010
    Thought the movie was hilarious, me and my family all went and saw it tonight and laughed so hard a bunch of times! I recommend this to any Shrek fan or family movie fan.
  4. Aug 11, 2010
    It's not as clever as the first two installments in the franchise, but this newest Shrek doesn't feel like is was cranked out as fast as possible for a quick buck. It's witty and well-written.
  5. Aug 12, 2010
    This installment, the best after Shrek 2, is everything, especially the Shrek-Donkey relationship is exceptional.
    A worthy and delirious final chapter to this animation franchise.Wish there would be more in future- will be truely missed!
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    While not good as Shrek 2, I really enjoyed this Shrek, even more than the first one. I really am glad they got rid of the Arthur character, since he was the weak point of Shrek 3.
  7. Oct 4, 2010
    A lot of the pop culture references are gone, and much of the charm in the world of Far Far Away. However you do not always need charm to make a good film. There is much more emotion (crying and yelling) in this film, and less comedy, but the strong moral message that is the heart of this film glows warmly, and so even if it can't produce the thrills of both 'Shrek' and 'Shrek 2', it isA lot of the pop culture references are gone, and much of the charm in the world of Far Far Away. However you do not always need charm to make a good film. There is much more emotion (crying and yelling) in this film, and less comedy, but the strong moral message that is the heart of this film glows warmly, and so even if it can't produce the thrills of both 'Shrek' and 'Shrek 2', it is still a huge improvement on 'Shrek 3', and provides an emotionally satisfying and enjoyable conclusion to what is a classic animated series. I am glad that it finished on a good note, despite my low expectations. Expand
  8. Oct 11, 2010
    Shrek 4 was awesome! Definitely one of the most satisfying movies of the summer so far. Enjoyed it from beginning to end. And if it is the last Shrek movie, it serves the series proud. I'd proudly own Shrek and Shrek 4.
  9. Oct 28, 2010
    wasn't as good as the previous three movies, but its a perfect way to end one of the greatest animated trilogys of all time.
  10. Feb 23, 2011
    Although I love animation, I've never been a fan of the Shrek franchise. This movie took me by surprise. The first Shrek movie was good (not great) thanks to Eddie Murphy, but Shrek 2 was awful. I never saw the 3rd installment. I've never liked the weird Irish accent for Shrek that Mike Myers provides. It doesn't fit for me and I find it distracting. Why is he Irish when nobody elseAlthough I love animation, I've never been a fan of the Shrek franchise. This movie took me by surprise. The first Shrek movie was good (not great) thanks to Eddie Murphy, but Shrek 2 was awful. I never saw the 3rd installment. I've never liked the weird Irish accent for Shrek that Mike Myers provides. It doesn't fit for me and I find it distracting. Why is he Irish when nobody else is? My friend talked me into going to see this one and it turned out to be a good animated movie - maybe even the best of the Shrek movies. The script is WAY better than Shrek 2 and had some good laughs and good animation and it held my attention the entire way. The 3D was good, not great, and probably not worth the extra cost, as 3D mutes the colors due to the dark glasses. Expand
  11. Dec 5, 2010
    One of the best animation movie !!! A little bit complicated to understand for kids,but it's a great entertainment ! I had a very great time to watch it with my kids.
  12. Mar 8, 2011
    While it's not the best in this series it's a great way to say goodbye, some fans may be disappointed with the more serious story and the lack of humor (don't worry it's still got jokes just not as many) but I was surprisingly impressed, a good farewell to this series.
  13. Aug 6, 2011
    I watched this with my family and we all thought this movie was great. The funniest of all the Shrek movies and I genuinely enjoyed this movie. Good way to end a memorable series.
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    Hm, nice movie, great animation and stunning sound. A bit slow for the moments but overall experience is pretty cool. So it was pleasure watching it though i hope this is the last part. Enough is enough:)
  15. Aug 27, 2013
    After the "by the numbers" Shrek 2 and abysmal Shrek 3 I was really surprised by how good this film was. The writers were much braver with the plot and it really pays off with a strong villain and great cast. The "alternative Fiona" in particular is a much more interesting character than her boring dowdy counterpart.
  16. Dec 21, 2011
    It wasn't as good of a finale as I hoped from Shrek, but it definitely showed us again why we loved Shrek so much by bringing back the heart and most of the charm and some great 3D and animation. I give this movie 80%.
  17. Feb 11, 2012
  18. Apr 13, 2012
    I think making four shrek films was too much, they should have left it at 3 at the most. After 3 films of meeting, falling in love, giving birth, baby troubles and parties, all viewers don't need another movie of more baby troubles and falling in love. What was the point of this movie? oh, I know! MONEY!! The makers were being greedy, thinking after two great movies and one o.k movie theyI think making four shrek films was too much, they should have left it at 3 at the most. After 3 films of meeting, falling in love, giving birth, baby troubles and parties, all viewers don't need another movie of more baby troubles and falling in love. What was the point of this movie? oh, I know! MONEY!! The makers were being greedy, thinking after two great movies and one o.k movie they could still drag another money making film out into cinemas. Bad decision, not a bad movie, but not a good one either! Expand
  19. Jan 3, 2013
    Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek 3 were great. However, Shrek Forever after is starting to show franchise burnout. I don't blame them for making more movies after the first three highly successful ones, but this latest one was just not as funny as the others. Its hard to make multiple movies over a single good idea I think. Shrek Forever After was not a bad movie at all, but it just wasn't asShrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek 3 were great. However, Shrek Forever after is starting to show franchise burnout. I don't blame them for making more movies after the first three highly successful ones, but this latest one was just not as funny as the others. Its hard to make multiple movies over a single good idea I think. Shrek Forever After was not a bad movie at all, but it just wasn't as funny as the first two, it was just mediocre. Expand
  20. Oct 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. E se encerra a franquia Shrek,que deixa saudades. Termina muito bem,com um bom desfecho,mas não tem tanto gás,e isso atrapalha um pouquinho. Shrek aprende a lição de sempre amar as pessoas ao seu redor,e assim termina dignamente. Expand
  21. Mar 2, 2015
    So underrated. Maybe its only me, but I liked this one more than any other in the series, and i cant see any better way to end the series than this one.
  22. May 19, 2015
    shrek is life
    shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love shrek is life shrek is love
  23. Nov 30, 2015
    One of the reasons this was so good was because it was so much better than the disastrous Shrek 3. Obviously, it's not as good as the series' first two entries, but, unlike it's predecessor, Shrek Forever After manages to retain the fun and wit of 1 and 2.
  24. Sep 19, 2015
    After the brilliant first instalment, the even better second instalment and the good but disappointing third instalment, Shrek is back for a good movie that's better than the third one but not as good as the first two. This time, Shrek has to get his life back when Rumpelstiltskin (the best villain in the series) tricks him into giving up the day he was born. The only way to do this is byAfter the brilliant first instalment, the even better second instalment and the good but disappointing third instalment, Shrek is back for a good movie that's better than the third one but not as good as the first two. This time, Shrek has to get his life back when Rumpelstiltskin (the best villain in the series) tricks him into giving up the day he was born. The only way to do this is by sharing true love's kiss with Fiona but since she no longer recognises him, he has to make her fall in love with him again. I enjoyed the movie very much. It was funny to see how fat Puss has become without Shrek. He's still the best character! I enjoyed the movie very much, not as good as 1 and 2 but pretty good. Expand
  25. Aug 20, 2016
    It's when Shrek Forever After kicks the theaters with a very well sequel and a fascinating story, it manages the comfort zone of Shrek and Shrek 2 and the best of the Third. Movies of nowadays must be like this, such as touching, hilarious and so fun for the whole family. One of the greatest movies of 2010
  26. Mar 12, 2016
    Shrek forever after is maybe the worst film of the Shrek saga, because of it's not-much-color, unremarkable characters and some kind of dull story-telling. But it's a bit funny, sweet plot and unpredictable story. Shrek's back anyway.

1. Reveals a definite been-there, done-that feeling.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    The reputed swan song for the series and its first entry in 3D, pic contains a respectable number of laughs, but also borrows its storyline from the oft-recycled "It's a Wonderful Life," and if that's all its creators can do, it's best to put Far Far Away far far away.
  3. Hilarious and heartfelt from start to finish, this is the best Shrek of them all, and that's no fairy tale.