Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

5.0

1. Oct 28, 2012
    Not the scariest movie I've ever seen but this film is actually quite faithful both to the plot of the first movie and the third game in the series. I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually really enjoyed the first movie and felt like this sequel did a good job of establishing a strong link between that film and the game series. I will admit that there were a few instances ofNot the scariest movie I've ever seen but this film is actually quite faithful both to the plot of the first movie and the third game in the series. I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually really enjoyed the first movie and felt like this sequel did a good job of establishing a strong link between that film and the game series. I will admit that there were a few instances of nonsensical plot and / or writing but I felt that overall, this was a worthy entry in the series with great atmosphere and great acting to boot. Don't believe all the garbage reviews in the press. I doubt most of those critics are even aware of the game series this movie is based on. Expand
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    First off, I am a huge fan of the Silent Hill games and was NOT a fan of the first Silent Hill movie. This film was an outstanding homage to the game. Not ADAPTION. HOMAGE. The monsters were beautiful. The 3d was fantastic. And all the key points from the game came across very well. My favorite part was how they intertwined the First film perfectly and still kept the film true to silentFirst off, I am a huge fan of the Silent Hill games and was NOT a fan of the first Silent Hill movie. This film was an outstanding homage to the game. Not ADAPTION. HOMAGE. The monsters were beautiful. The 3d was fantastic. And all the key points from the game came across very well. My favorite part was how they intertwined the First film perfectly and still kept the film true to silent hill 3. I.e. Happy Burger, the mall, theme park etc. The only negatives for me were the portrayals of Vincent and Douglas. Vincent was too Good as opposed to the game. And Douglas was simply cut down to a minor character. Also I understand alot of fans will be angry because of Pyramid Head being in the film, but they need to understand, PYRAMID HEAD WASNT A MANIFESTATION OF JAMES SUNDERLANDS FEARS, THE CREATOR SAID THAT HIMSELF. That all being said I give Silent Hill Revelation 3d a 9 out of 10 FOR TRUE FANS OF THE SERIES Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    WHAT IN THE EVERLASTING F**K IS WRONG WITH THESE CRITICS?!?!?! I love the first film to this day, it remains one of my favorite films, and in my opinion, the best game adaptation... until now, revelation has now booted it's ass off the perch, fans of the series will LOVE the level of faithfulness to the third game, Adelaide Clemens was born to play Heather, the set pieces are stylish,WHAT IN THE EVERLASTING F**K IS WRONG WITH THESE CRITICS?!?!?! I love the first film to this day, it remains one of my favorite films, and in my opinion, the best game adaptation... until now, revelation has now booted it's ass off the perch, fans of the series will LOVE the level of faithfulness to the third game, Adelaide Clemens was born to play Heather, the set pieces are stylish, surreal and sometimes quite creepy, they managed to tie up most of the loose ends from the first film, and pyramid head gets a fully-fledged fight scene, the 3D is used phenomenally, the effects are amazing considering a crappy budget of 20 million, the mannequin monster was the creepiest scene in the latter half of the movie, but it isn't without some flaws, Kit Harrington is annoying and d**kish most of the time, pyramid head, while he literally kicks ass, doesn't get used enough, which is half of what takes it down a peg because he's on almost every poster for the film... i hope to god a director's cut solves this, the problem with such a phenomenal beginning is that the ending doesn't measure up, without spoiling anything, they pretty much say "LOL, SEQUEL MOTHERF**KER" which is a bit cheap considering what they chose to imply as their next source materiel, overall, this is almost, ALMOST as good as the first film, one small step for man, one giant leap for video-game films - samarathenymph xoxo Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    I honestly enjoyed this film. Yes, call me "flavorless" in actual great films but in the end I bought Silent Hill: revelation 3D was actually pretty good. As a person who is oblivious to most of the actual Silent Hill game lore, understanding this film after watching the first wasn't really hard. Of course their are some plot holes that make you wonder if the writer was writing a script orI honestly enjoyed this film. Yes, call me "flavorless" in actual great films but in the end I bought Silent Hill: revelation 3D was actually pretty good. As a person who is oblivious to most of the actual Silent Hill game lore, understanding this film after watching the first wasn't really hard. Of course their are some plot holes that make you wonder if the writer was writing a script or a jumbled mess on paper but the major selling point for this film is obviously for the fan service and this film really delivers. The monster effects mixed in with the 3D effects will blow you away and certain scenes will leave you amazed and thirsting for more. Unfortunately, the real killing blow of the movie is it's length. After a few friends of mine left the theater for about 15 minutes, they missed almost 50% of the action. In the end, you will still be leaving satisfied and craving a sequel. Not really though. Expand
  5. May 11, 2013
    3D sequel to the 2006 horror film based on the popular survival horror video game of the same name. It was written and directed by Michael J. Bassett and is based on the 'Silent Hill 3' video game. The film centers on the heroine's daughter from the first film, Sharon, who's now a young teen and lives with her father while constantly on the run from a ruthless cult. The cult wants Sharon3D sequel to the 2006 horror film based on the popular survival horror video game of the same name. It was written and directed by Michael J. Bassett and is based on the 'Silent Hill 3' video game. The film centers on the heroine's daughter from the first film, Sharon, who's now a young teen and lives with her father while constantly on the run from a ruthless cult. The cult wants Sharon back in the nightmarish alternate dimension world of 'Silent Hill', where her mother is still trapped. Radha Mitchell, who starred in the first film, only has a cameo in this chapter. Sean Bean and Deborah Kara Unger also reprise their roles from the first movie. They're joined by Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington, Carrie-Ann Moss, Martin Donovan and Malcolm McDowell. Horror fans are sure to be pleased with this installment as well as fans of the video games (I've heard). I haven't played the games but being just a fan of artistic imaginative horror I thought it was quite an achievement.

Heather (Clemens) is now turning 18 and after being on the run with her father, Harry (Bean), for many years he goes missing. She's never fully understood who she is and why her father and her have been running from town to town. She doesn't remember 'Silent Hill' but has been tortured by nightmares of it for years. She soon discovers that the people of the alternate dimension town want her back. Her mom (Mitchell) has been captive there for years and now her father is as well. A young man named Vincent (Harington) who grew up in 'Silent Hill' has been sent to our world to help bring Heather back. Vincent is not a bad guy of course though and sees Heather's true beauty, so the two join forces in surviving 'Silent Hill' and unraveling it's mysteries.

The film is like a true nightmare and is played out in beautifully grotesque elaborate detail; the set design, effects and 3D are all spectacular. It looks horrendous and really has that nightmarish feel to it. I'd put it up there with the classic slasher films of the 80s like the 'A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET' and 'HELLRAISER' franchises. It's every bit as creative and grotesque. The acting is all decent and the directing is fitting. The story is a little too rushed and fast paced but I've read it's really faithful to the video games and gives the fans just what they want to see. I know nothing about the games but I did like the original 'SILENT HILL' movie and would put this second installment right up there with it. It's a classic B slasher film done right.
  6. May 11, 2013
    I am unsure like most of the reviews on here how this movie is getting such bad reviews! After waiting 6 years for this movie to come out I was not disappointed. The movie stayed very true to the game itself and the girl who played Heather looked amazingly similar to the character in the game. I felt the acting was real and believable aside from the fact that she hardly seemed scared atI am unsure like most of the reviews on here how this movie is getting such bad reviews! After waiting 6 years for this movie to come out I was not disappointed. The movie stayed very true to the game itself and the girl who played Heather looked amazingly similar to the character in the game. I felt the acting was real and believable aside from the fact that she hardly seemed scared at all where as I would have been peeing myself! Even if you have never played the games before the movie is still a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 but the way it stayed true to the story I was looking forward to seeing unfold was just awesome. Honestly I think the reason that it did so badly was because I had no idea the movie was even coming out because I never seen a preview on TV or in the theatres, and the movie opened on the weekend that everyone is out celebrating Halloween. Lets face it... Video Game fans most definitely take advantage of the Halloween holiday! I think you should see the movie and decide for yourself. It definitely could have been longer because it did feel a tiny bit rushed but I loved it and I really hope that we get another installation to this film! I am SOOO over Resident Evil... Expand
  7. May 11, 2013
    This review may contain spoilers ***

Silent Hill: Revelation is a fangirl's haven. They even referenced TRAVIS! I freaked the hell out!! Granted, they changed quite a bit from the game and there were some things that were kinda "what?" with their changes. (Full review and spoilers) In the game, Harry is killed in their apartment when Heather gets back from her Nightmare at the
    This review may contain spoilers ***

(Full review and spoilers)

In the game, Harry is killed in their apartment when Heather gets back from her Nightmare at the mall. What drives her to Silent Hill is finding out WHY her father was killed and who she is. Vincent you don't even really meet him until a third through the game, though I get why they introduced him like they did for the film. Then you have Douglas, who wasn't supposed to die that soon and actually helps Heather.

He didn't help her in the slightest, so his character was just kinda… there. And Claudia was the one that was supposed to actually off him after telling him what Heather was going to be used for. I was looking SO FORWARD to that!!

Some pros were that the movie starts out similarly to the game, with her dreaming that she's at the Lakeside Amusement Park. What got confusing, though, was that Nightmare!Silent Hill was so prevalent and there wasn't a lot of the typical Silent Hill (more on this later).

I will say that, this time, Pyramid Head made sense. He didn't make sense at all in the first one, considering he's in the second game (unrelated to the first and third games) and is the manifestation of James' inner turmoil. They switched his meaning around to have him in this film, but it worked and you can tell that it was really something for the fans to have Pyramid Head portrayed as he was. As a fan, I DIDN'T MIND AND I LOVED THE TAKE.

There was a lot of action, which, while it's nice, it took away from the character development and the real dark feel of Silent Hill. The whole love of Silent Hill is being completely alone, trying to solve puzzles and figure out everything on your own, occasionally running into another person, but eventually just going your own way. That's what draws the fans to the series and why the first film was pretty damn good.

Look, I've been a Silent Hill fan since the first game was released in the 90s and I even own the Silent Hill Play Novel I taught myself to read Japanese all so I could play that game. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but then again…. Like I said, there was a lot to put into one film from one of the best games in the series. It was an interesting take! And while I may not go to see it in theatres again, I will definitely be getting it when it comes out on DVD.

Oh! They also had about five different rearrangements of "Never Forget Me, Never Forgive Me," each sounding wickedly awesome and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was singing the ending theme. That just *made* it for me. I love that they use Akira Yamaoka's music in it. The music really does give the feel of Silent Hill.
  8. May 11, 2013
    As we all know this is based on the 3rd instalment of the rather good survival horror games silent hill. It logically sidesteps the second game (as it was a stand alone story) and went to continue the story began in the first movie. Yes it follows the 3rd game and yes it changes aspects, the main characters and some of the plot elements, but the main bulk of the story is there. VisuallyAs we all know this is based on the 3rd instalment of the rather good survival horror games silent hill. It logically sidesteps the second game (as it was a stand alone story) and went to continue the story began in the first movie. Yes it follows the 3rd game and yes it changes aspects, the main characters and some of the plot elements, but the main bulk of the story is there. Visually Michael Basset has made a stunning movie, with some clever directing and ingenious set and creature design. (red pyramid always being a highlight) I found the plot self explanatory (with a little too much exposition) i feel there could be a better, longer directors cut somewhere, (i feel a extra 20mins which enables the first 3rd of the movie to breathe a little better. Some of the dialogue was clunky but this is mainly because of the exposition, however it doesn't ruin or detract from the experience. The music is outstanding as ever with direct music cues from the game (most definitely a good thing) The only real downside was Vincent who didn't really work that well and to be honest wasn't needed, but again this does not ruin or detract from the movie. Tension is well handled and some of the scenes graphic and chilling. The 3d is handled well, with a few gimmicky bits but mostly bringing you into the misty town of silent hill in ways never before accomplished.

The big question is do you need to be a fan of the game to enjoy it? I would say no, i would say it stands on its own. Although having said that i am a fan of the games so my opinion is somewhat biased. It helps to have seen the first movie, but with the exposition this is not a must.

Overall a really enjoyable film that captures the awe and horror of silent hill. Well done MR basset and all involved.
  9. May 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed the film.Because i liked the game.All people say this is no.The plot is fine,the acting is great.This is the best based on video game film.I can't understand why you guys give this negative reception? Many jumped scare don't make you scare?.That's a reason to hate this film.
  10. Oct 29, 2012
    A great choice for lovers of video game Silent Hill. I think that is not what was expected. visual effects but is well made. I take the pleasure of saying it's the best movie that is to be created from silent hill is the sequel to the first movie. is very good to have a good time watching it.
  11. Oct 28, 2012
    A true homage to part 3 of the game series. Great visuals but the acting was honestly terrible. The film felt rushed why they didn't make a 2 hour movie to spread it out I have no clue. Having played the third game it actually tied up some loose ends for me. You have to really pay attention in this movie or you will get lost fast. Creepy bad guys are plenty, the return of the greatA true homage to part 3 of the game series. Great visuals but the acting was honestly terrible. The film felt rushed why they didn't make a 2 hour movie to spread it out I have no clue. Having played the third game it actually tied up some loose ends for me. You have to really pay attention in this movie or you will get lost fast. Creepy bad guys are plenty, the return of the great Pyramid Head are ample reasons for fans of the series to come back 1 more time to Silent Hill for this installment. Expand
  12. Oct 27, 2012
    a great film, they used 3d so mind-bogglingly well that i felt like i was in silent hill with heather, the plot is strong, at least for fans of the third game, and the cast does a mostly brilliant job, i highly recommend this to people who liked the first film, and people who liked the games.
  13. Oct 28, 2012
    The film faithfully respects the history of the game, if viewers who saw not a fan, then you will not find meaning. It's part of a history of Silent Hill, NOT a part of a horror movie like a "the girlfriend of Chuky"
  14. Nov 2, 2012
    I was thrilled with how well this movie turned out. Being one who grew up watching the games being played, and playing them myself, Silent Hill has stayed true to it's fans with the movies. Which is a lot more than I can say about the generic and repetitive 'Resident Evil' movie series. The 3-D was phenomenal. Not an over the top, things flying at your face film. The 3-D wasn't used as theI was thrilled with how well this movie turned out. Being one who grew up watching the games being played, and playing them myself, Silent Hill has stayed true to it's fans with the movies. Which is a lot more than I can say about the generic and repetitive 'Resident Evil' movie series. The 3-D was phenomenal. Not an over the top, things flying at your face film. The 3-D wasn't used as the films selling point. Rather, it enhanced the movie. Making the beautiful sets and characters come to life! It was easy enough to follow, (even for those who haven't played the game) and yet stuck with the games. Not only was the art quality great, you'll fall in love with the main protagonists; Heather and Vincent. (Adelaide Clemens and Kit Harington) The only downfall was the films length. While it deserved at least a 2 1/2 hour time slot, it fell short with 1 hour and 34 minutes. This however, should not keep you from seeing this masterpiece of a creepy thriller. Maybe the resident evil series should just take a backseat and watch how Silent Hill does it. Expand
  15. Feb 2, 2013
    The movie is definitely not as good as it's predecessor, but it was still a decent film. Yes, it wasn't that scary as it was supposed to be, but it was still the dark Silent Hill world (of course, again, the first movie was a bit more true to the atmosphere of the games). The story was NOT supposed to follow the events of the games and that is something that the fans have to understandThe movie is definitely not as good as it's predecessor, but it was still a decent film. Yes, it wasn't that scary as it was supposed to be, but it was still the dark Silent Hill world (of course, again, the first movie was a bit more true to the atmosphere of the games). The story was NOT supposed to follow the events of the games and that is something that the fans have to understand all gaming movies do the same and it's not that bad. The only thing I didn't like about the story was the ending especially Claudia's role and what she becomes in the finale. The ending was just too...cliched maybe. Also the movie was at least a bit scary at the beginning, but when the Darkness finally engulfs Silent Hill, it has the opposite effect of what the viewer would expect all the horror is simply gone which I think was the biggest mistake of the movie, at least when talking about the horror aspect. Then the soundtrack was definitely one of the strongest aspects of the movie I'm listening to it right now on Youtube. The actors also did a good job, which I didn't expect after seeing some sneak peaks. There is no way it is only worth 15/100 as in the critic score do not be deceived by this it is not a perfect movie but it definitely is not that bad, Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2012
    In my opinion was better than the first one, but I must say that it was not horrible as some sites judged. As far as the actors have to say that fared; certainly nothing special but I think the dubbing in Italian has a little spoiled acting. There were many scenes and quotes that brought me back to SH3 (and not only) and I think the fans will appreciate who is so even though the plot isIn my opinion was better than the first one, but I must say that it was not horrible as some sites judged. As far as the actors have to say that fared; certainly nothing special but I think the dubbing in Italian has a little spoiled acting. There were many scenes and quotes that brought me back to SH3 (and not only) and I think the fans will appreciate who is so even though the plot is not really faithful to the game. The flaw of the film I think it's the script a bit too simpleminded but still full of surprises. The strength of the film are the sets (very similar to the game) monsters (and many really well done) and the atmosphere. But I must say that I found the special effects a little fake. Then let me tell you that in the end there will be a clash, but can be spectacular, but that did not seem suitable for a film like SH. Great songs Yamaoka. A film that must be seen from without high expectations but that is not bad (even if I consider the first best). Expand
  17. Nov 1, 2012
    I can't believe these worthless fu**ing critics... People complain about the RE movies not staying true at least somewhat to the source materal... but holy fu**. Silent Hill is SUCH a NEAR PERFECT representation of the first and third game, its unbelievable. I applaude the director for doing a fantastic job with what he accompished with this movie and its continued connection to theI can't believe these worthless fu**ing critics... People complain about the RE movies not staying true at least somewhat to the source materal... but holy fu**. Silent Hill is SUCH a NEAR PERFECT representation of the first and third game, its unbelievable. I applaude the director for doing a fantastic job with what he accompished with this movie and its continued connection to the first film. Please people, if you have played the games; DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. The movie is awesome. The only point I docked off, was yes the actors could have done a slightly better job. The girl who played as Heather was awesome though. Please see this movie and support it, and also respect the fact that "this" is what we always wanted from movies based off games. A "true" representation of it. Expand
  18. Nov 1, 2012
    Perfect movie, perfect cast, perfect story. Dont listen to the other reviewers. The movie deserves WAY better then this. Its an amazing movie and is faithful to Silent Hill and Silent Hill 3 games. The reason people are rating it low is people are now expecting Silent Hill to be like Silent Hill homecoming and later games. No, this is TRUE silent hill. I cant wait until the next movie. ThePerfect movie, perfect cast, perfect story. Dont listen to the other reviewers. The movie deserves WAY better then this. Its an amazing movie and is faithful to Silent Hill and Silent Hill 3 games. The reason people are rating it low is people are now expecting Silent Hill to be like Silent Hill homecoming and later games. No, this is TRUE silent hill. I cant wait until the next movie. The next movie needs to directly follow. I want to see if Chris finds Rose... 10/10! Expand
  19. Nov 3, 2012
    I am not sure why this pro critics have given this movie such a low score. I thought it was visually beautiful along with some very intense scenes. If you like horror movies give this one a shot. You will not be disappointed.
  20. Dec 6, 2012
    Absolutely a Masterpiece! Scary, creepy, emotional, mysterious. A fantastic story with fantastic characters.
    Silent Hill Revelation 3D is a fresh movie, with interesting features, and horror scenes inspired from
    "Jacob's Ladder" (one of the most interesting horror movie ever). Revelation is really a masterpiece!
  21. Nov 17, 2012
    I enjoyed the movie, great CGI, and not boring. I felt that the movie is somehow too short. 2 hours would ideal to give a reasonable characters development, tensions and scariness. This movie is not all that bad at all. I will certainly get the DVD once it's out.
  22. Nov 16, 2012
    The BEST EVER possible trip to Silent Hill for real. People who have never played Silent Hill games may consider seeing this as a good horror movie but somebody must prevent them from writing ignorant reviews! I mean what is 15! Ooo I guess, you guys got too scared right? Or did not understand anything since you don't have any idea what Silent Hill is. Go see this and then you will want toThe BEST EVER possible trip to Silent Hill for real. People who have never played Silent Hill games may consider seeing this as a good horror movie but somebody must prevent them from writing ignorant reviews! I mean what is 15! Ooo I guess, you guys got too scared right? Or did not understand anything since you don't have any idea what Silent Hill is. Go see this and then you will want to see it again, with enough psycho stuff from the SH world and a good enough story to keep you interested, imagine this as a 5D or 7D movie with 5 minutes joy, well, this movie at least offers 5 times more than that. Expand
  23. Nov 3, 2012
    I made an account here just to review this movie. The reviews are the most absurd things I've ever seen. I left the theater with a smile on my face, and kept saying how great the movie was. This was definitely the Best Video game Movie I've ever seen! If you played Silent Hill 3, you will absolutely love and adore this game!
  24. Nov 16, 2012
    I guess if i never played the game's i would give it a bad rating myself. Cause i loved this movie. Perhaps the critics need to at least read up on it before viewing to know what is really going on. Just an idea anyways.
  25. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Similar to one of the other user reviews (mavizzle), I too was not fan of first movie, but am a die-hard fan of the game series. If you enjoyed the games, there are ample reasons for you to be satisfied with the movie. For starters, the Silent Hill movies are a rare commodity, they are not created often enough! I saw the trailer and waited three weeks to see the movie in theaters. Paid over $12 a ticket, would have gladly paid more. If I had to drive three hours to have seen it, I would have done so. The movie itself has a large amount of 3D (if you have any doubt, watch it and compare it to others such as SAW 3D and you will see the difference). The monsters in the movie closely resemble those in the games, with a few differences and original creations tossed in. In addition, both the detective as well as heather herself closely resemble the in-game characters. Few movies have done such a wonderful job choosing such incredible matches such as these. Moreover, the music, atmosphere, and various other minor elements (red shoe in the motel, Apt 106 selection, amusement park, mall, et cetera) all contribute to a warm feeling of familarity to any Silent Hill 3 fan - and who can forget the bus at the end of the movie?! Conversely, the movie does have its weak points. Some of the acting was the best, as well as a bit of a few cheesy verbal lines spoken by Vincent. Also, depending on the theater, the lighting can be quite dim for the 3D glasses causing a difficulty in visuals. Lastly, the movie does take an alternative path on the story plot. However, otherwise, anyone who has played the game will easily have foreseen a possible NC-17 rating slap on the former ending to the game if it was redone in movie format.

In short, the movie is fantastic. Ignore the critics and go see it for yourself (if it's still playing) and if you enjoy horror. it may or may not spook you. If you are a gamer, see it. If you enjoy SH, see it. if you like horror, go watch it. I have seen nearly every horror movie out this year and the last, this one is worth the wait. 10/10
  26. Nov 3, 2012
    I don't see why these reviewers are giving this film a bad rep. The acting and the visuals are superb. This represents the third game brilliantly. The 3D is SO GOOD. It's the best 3D movie. Period.
  27. Jan 7, 2013
    Just saw it and I think is the best adaptation of a video game ever!
    I felt like i was playing Silent Hill 3!! I love Silent Hill, I hate the first movie but this one is awesome!
    Truly amazing
  28. Apr 3, 2013
    To the contrary of most recent reviews, this film is in fact very well done, the production values are great and the horror/creature effects are chilling. The principals' acting doesn't match the effects unfortunately, so that criticism rings true. But the story is decent and there are instances of topical humor thrown in which was cool. Recommended for adults but kids under 14 and underTo the contrary of most recent reviews, this film is in fact very well done, the production values are great and the horror/creature effects are chilling. The principals' acting doesn't match the effects unfortunately, so that criticism rings true. But the story is decent and there are instances of topical humor thrown in which was cool. Recommended for adults but kids under 14 and under should stay seriously. Expand
  29. Jul 23, 2013
    Not sure why somany people and critics don't like it. I found it to be the best damn videogame movie adaptation ever. It's ridiculously respectful to Silent Hill 3 and even makes references to some of the more recent ones. The look of the movie was great and the 3D was actually superbly implemented. Not a scary movie but it's eerie and disturbing in the way most japanese horror movies andNot sure why somany people and critics don't like it. I found it to be the best damn videogame movie adaptation ever. It's ridiculously respectful to Silent Hill 3 and even makes references to some of the more recent ones. The look of the movie was great and the 3D was actually superbly implemented. Not a scary movie but it's eerie and disturbing in the way most japanese horror movies and the Silent Hill videogame series is so it actually felt unique. Loved the movie and already want to see it again. Expand
  30. Mar 24, 2013
    A nice movie, full of fan-service like places and names from the game saga and specially from Silent Hill 3. A really good adaption from the game. The only thing that a did not like about this movie was that the director attempted to use the first one as a start or a base in the story line and in my opinion that was a bad move. The fist one was not a good movie(I mean Harry Mason, was anA nice movie, full of fan-service like places and names from the game saga and specially from Silent Hill 3. A really good adaption from the game. The only thing that a did not like about this movie was that the director attempted to use the first one as a start or a base in the story line and in my opinion that was a bad move. The fist one was not a good movie(I mean Harry Mason, was an adoptive father and WIDOWER). But saving that, in my opinion this was a good movie even if it was really far from being a horror movie. Expand
  31. Mar 10, 2013
    Sequel del film del 2006, Silent Hill revelation si pone come seguito che cerca di semplificare di molto, e anche troppo, la trama difficile del primo capitolo. Sharon cresciuta si ritrova a dover cambiare insieme al padre, molte città per scappare dalla polizia per una storia di quando lei aveva 11 anni. La madre Rose rimasta bloccata nella dimensione della nebbia ed riuscita aSequel del film del 2006, Silent Hill revelation si pone come seguito che cerca di semplificare di molto, e anche troppo, la trama difficile del primo capitolo. Sharon cresciuta si ritrova a dover cambiare insieme al padre, molte città per scappare dalla polizia per una storia di quando lei aveva 11 anni. La madre Rose rimasta bloccata nella dimensione della nebbia ed riuscita a riportare Sharon nella realtà. Dopo il rapimento del padre, Sharon aiutata da un suo coetaneo immischiato a sua volta nella cittadina maledetta, dovrà ritornare a Silent Hill per la seconda volta. Purtroppo la l'ambientazione della città maledetta arriverà troppo tardi a circa 40 minuti del film, considerando la sua breve durata di circa 85 minuti! Inoltre se si prova a immaginare la durata del tempo che Sharon passa a silent hill può essere vicina a appena 3 ore! La fotografia che si era tanto distinta nel primo film, qua abbandonata per una alla "blockbuster" cioè molto carica di colori, satura, totalmente inadeguata al tipico paesaggio scuro e avvolto nella nebbia a cui si era abituati fin dall'inizio della saga, rendendo i mostri quasi bianchi, definiti, poco minacciosi, e a volte ridicoli. riguardo ai mostri, questa volta sono pochi e si posso ridurre a poco più che 5 esemplari. L'inizio del film che presenta visioni "terrificanti2 della realtà della città dove vive Sharon sono ridicole e senza senso, che tentano solo di suscitare disgusto e orrore senza riuscirci. Cosa inspiegabile il fatto che se Rose alla fine del primo film rimane intrappolata nella silent hill della nebbia, perché Sharon non la incontra dato che ritorna in quella dimensione? Pessimi i momenti in cui compare il tanto amato mostro dalla testa di piramide che riesce solo a provocare disgusto e ci si chiede perché finito a fare un lavoro così "ridicolo"?
    Ultima nota negativa il combattimento finale, che finisce nel più ridicolo che così non si poteva, e risulta il tipico Boss finale che presente nei videogiochi.. Nonostante tutto S.H. Revelation riesce a rimanere in piedi, forse per via degli attori tutti molto bravi, forse per il fatto che ripropone ambientazioni tipiche della serie come il Luna Park infestato da Coniglietti malefici. L'incontro da Sharon e Alessa presenta una frase da storia del cinema! Infine S.H.R. si presenta come un film "ponte" che risolve i dubbi che erano rimasti in sospeso dal primo capitolo, quasi come una seconda parte o più che altro "atto Finale".
  32. Mar 2, 2013
    Silent Hill Revelation was a good movie. I thought it was entertaining and it made me jump a few time great graphic well done SILENT HILL REVELATION 7/10
  33. Feb 25, 2013
    Silent Hill Revelation o melhor filme baseado em games de todos os tempos. Superou seu predecessor. Discordo totalmente das criticas exageradamente negativas. um filme para os fãs, mas com as devidas adaptações que o diretor julgou necessárias. Respeitem isso!
  34. Mar 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Siempre dije que las peliculas basadas en videojuegos las mejor fue la de silent hill En este caso tengo que decir que con revelaciones me esperaba un poquito mas y lo unico que lleve fue una historia simplona y un final horrible pero ademas de eso la pelicula esta buena. Esta muy bien basada en el juego eso no lo niego lo unico malo es que hay amor y eso no me gusto para nada. Silent hill revelation 3D no es una pelicula que a todos les guste pero a los fanaticos de la saga silent hill les puede llegar a gustar. Expand
  35. Mar 3, 2013
    If you have played the game, the movie is true to the game. If you haven't played the game (most professional movie critics), you won't like this movie. I really enjoyed watching it, and will probably watch it again to see if I missed anything. It's not as good as the first, but it's almost as good....Yes, there are some holes in the story, but I think it would have been difficult toIf you have played the game, the movie is true to the game. If you haven't played the game (most professional movie critics), you won't like this movie. I really enjoyed watching it, and will probably watch it again to see if I missed anything. It's not as good as the first, but it's almost as good....Yes, there are some holes in the story, but I think it would have been difficult to progress the story from SH1 to SH2 without some holes. Just watch the movie, you won't regret it. Expand
  36. Apr 5, 2013
    The Movie is better than the first. This Movie has more commonalities with the games than the first. It is great to watch for every Silent Hill Fan!
  37. May 11, 2013
    I find Silent Hill: Revelation to be just perfect for the movie based on Silent Hill 3 and on the video game on the whole. Adelaide Clemens looks and acts absolutely like Heather from the video game. The setting is horrifying enough, white-gray foggy outside scenes follow rust-bloody shots of the inner side of the most scary and mysterious city. A lot of scenes are taken from the game,I find Silent Hill: Revelation to be just perfect for the movie based on Silent Hill 3 and on the video game on the whole. Adelaide Clemens looks and acts absolutely like Heather from the video game. The setting is horrifying enough, white-gray foggy outside scenes follow rust-bloody shots of the inner side of the most scary and mysterious city. A lot of scenes are taken from the game, that's a nice gift for its fans. The plot is really interesting and twisty and it's understandable for everyone, not only video game fans who know the background of the story (like it happened with the first movie). The script is well-thought out, the dialogues sound realistic, the connection to the first movie is clearly explained. Silent Hill 2 has not come down to just an expensive video clip full of visual effects like what happened to the latest Resident Evil movies where the whole script can be written on just one sheet of paper with the most informative dialogues being: "I need to recharge ammo", "Cover me" and "Run. I'll try and stall them to give you time to get clear." The monsters are disgusting and creepy, every motion they execute curdles the blood. The unceasing gritting sounds and even piano music create an atmosphere of true horror. I just think Silent Hill 2 could be a little bit longer, the time in the movie theatre passed too fast, but that's not a big bit of complaint. Well, I think it is a must-watch movie, containing a lot of outstanding features of the video game (which can satisfy the most devoted fan of the game), but being a good independent movie for every horror lover to enjoy. Expand
  38. May 11, 2013
    For video game fans: It's just as faithful to the game as the first movie was faithful to the first game (think about it). The movie ran in the same order as it did in the video game, and contains so many references for the third game installment. As for the atmosphere it was a bit tame compared to the games, but still chilling.

The acting was pretty decent and the special effects were

The acting was pretty decent and the special effects were amazing. It's thrills it's what mostly stands out from the film, it has its scary moments and a horrifying atmosphere. It's bloodier than the first one. Though I was kinda left out with a feeling wanting for more, I wasn't satisfied enough, which is why I'm desperately calling out for another installment, I mean this franchise can be just as successful as Resident Evil.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too, especially if your a fan of the game. If you're not a fan of the games, then I don't think you'll get quite as much thrills as I got.
  39. May 30, 2013
    This movie is not bad at all. I think it is not as good as the first one, but it's right behind the first one. I actually enjoyed both movies. I also played every single game and I do not understand, why everyone is hating this movie.
  40. Sep 25, 2013
    I have no clue what crawled up these critic's butts and died but I thought this movie was great. I loved Silent Hill 3 so I was excited when I found out this movie was based on it. Yes there were a few differences between the game and the movie but it still stayed true in a lot of ways and turned out being really good. Plus it had really nice effects as did the first Silent Hill movie.I have no clue what crawled up these critic's butts and died but I thought this movie was great. I loved Silent Hill 3 so I was excited when I found out this movie was based on it. Yes there were a few differences between the game and the movie but it still stayed true in a lot of ways and turned out being really good. Plus it had really nice effects as did the first Silent Hill movie. Even for a non-Silent Hill fan, it was still a really good horror movie. The world of Silent Hill is strange and crazy. Some critics need to be more understanding to the creativity of its genre. Expand
  41. Apr 20, 2014
    I'm disappointed (again). At least the users made the reviews positive.. but the critics? God. This it too bad. The movie is awesome! It will never be like the first but it's very good too. The storyline is very good and the cast too. And wow, it's getting more and more epic! Do you remember the pyramid head? He's back! And many others.. it's a very good movie.. very intense.. I just, cantI'm disappointed (again). At least the users made the reviews positive.. but the critics? God. This it too bad. The movie is awesome! It will never be like the first but it's very good too. The storyline is very good and the cast too. And wow, it's getting more and more epic! Do you remember the pyramid head? He's back! And many others.. it's a very good movie.. very intense.. I just, cant understand why people dislike it. It's really sad that most of critics hate movies like this, which are so good, and love movies that have a weak storyline and are senseless.. people don't have good taste anymore. Expand
  42. Jul 8, 2015
    Matter of fact this is better than 1. It has the essence of the game (silent hill 3) that makes it awesome. Surely underrated film. I still don't get why people hated this film.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 13 Critics

1. Reviewed by: George Bass
    Nov 4, 2012
    The nurse-monsters look cool - think HR Giger in Ann Summers kit - but the plot and burning fairgrounds are so OTT they dispel any chill factor.
  2. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Nov 4, 2012
    The first film was imperfect but solid as game-adaps go and fans revelled in its clammy shocks. No such luck this time out. Director Bassett oversees a vaporous horror sequel that rarely raises the pulse.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Oct 31, 2012
    A knockoff in everything from style to story, it also suffers from 3-D effects that are dim and underwhelming, a maddeningly obtuse storyline, and performances that could have used some serious Herbert West-style reanimation.