7.1

1. Jan 5, 2014
    This is a perfect blend of humor and a touching story that illustrates that every person has a unique purpose regardless of their physical attributes.
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    I really liked this movie, and it would have been great, but I honestly don't think the director worked hard enough. I loved the actors, and this really had potential, which is the main reason why I'm not giving this movie a bad score, and I just feel that this movie is just a disappointment.

I understand that this movie can connect to many people out there, but that doesn't mean that
    it is an excellent movie.

There are a lot better movies out there for everyone to watch, and I mean in all genres.

This friendly, briefly exciting story (1998), inspired by John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany, achieves a nice balance between caricature and nuanced characterization and even manages not to be cloying.
  2. The movie is lively, funny, and endearing until melodramatics and sentimentality take over in the last few scenes.
  3. Reviewed by: M.V. Moorhead
    The film is a feeble shadow of a book that won over even those of us who are no special fans of Irving -- it's probably his funniest, least self-conscious work.