7.3

1. beng.
    Aug 9, 2005
    If you gave this movie below a six yur obsessed with flawfinding!
  2. NancyB.
    Mar 24, 2008
    I absolutely loved the movie, I watched it, next day showed it to my sister and mother, watched it with them, then a few days later, I watched it with my husband, and I will probably watch it again, I recorded it so that I can watch while everyone is at work and school. This is the only movie that I have ever been able to watch over two times without getting bored with it. If 20 had been I absolutely loved the movie, I watched it, next day showed it to my sister and mother, watched it with them, then a few days later, I watched it with my husband, and I will probably watch it again, I recorded it so that I can watch while everyone is at work and school. This is the only movie that I have ever been able to watch over two times without getting bored with it. If 20 had been the very best score, I would have chosen it. Simon did an absolutely superb job or Ian Michael I should say, on his part. Nancy Barnes Collapse
  3. AudetM.
    Jul 16, 2004
    A touching movie about marginal people in the society that keeps sometimes ignore them. Trought Simon, who's handicaped, we see that everybody most keep is dream in mind, and BELIEVE IT.
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    I really liked this movie, and it would have been great, but I honestly don't think the director worked hard enough. I loved the actors, and this really had potential, which is the main reason why I'm not giving this movie a bad score, and I just feel that this movie is just a disappointment.

I understand that this movie can connect to many people out there, but that doesn't mean that it is an excellent movie.

There are a lot better movies out there for everyone to watch, and I mean in all genres.
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    This is a perfect blend of humor and a touching story that illustrates that every person has a unique purpose regardless of their physical attributes.

This friendly, briefly exciting story (1998), inspired by John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany, achieves a nice balance between caricature and nuanced characterization and even manages not to be cloying.
  2. The movie is lively, funny, and endearing until melodramatics and sentimentality take over in the last few scenes.
  3. Reviewed by: M.V. Moorhead
    The film is a feeble shadow of a book that won over even those of us who are no special fans of Irving -- it's probably his funniest, least self-conscious work.