8.0

1. Dec 19, 2011
    While the film does start out interesting, It gets pretty old and boring the further you get into it. Also the stories are rather stupid and pretty generic, They lack interest as well. Also the acting is well below what I expected from the star studded cast. It looks good but thats about it.
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    Just because Sin City is derived from a graphic novel does not necessarily mean I wish for the film to appear as exactly such. The visuals were mediocre alongside its choppy script.
  3. Aug 25, 2014
    Expected so much more from this one. Sin City starts out intriguing, but in the middle gets so terrible I had to actually fast forward through parts of it and fight the urge to press stop and quit watching it. The problem, obviously, is not with the graphic presentation - it's stylish and sometimes very gory. Also gotta take note of the female cast - Jessica Alba is adorable, and others (especially Carla Gugino, to my surprise) are outright hot. (Boobs included) But a movie isn't all about its presentation (and boobs), it's also very much about the plot, and it's pretty damn awful here. The main problem are the characters and the overall goofy comicbook crap that it's based on. Mickey Rourke's ugly-as- **** character throwing people like he's superpowered, Clive Owen jumping down buildings, creepy cannibalistic Elijah Wood, people surviving totally grave wounds and some ugly disgusting yellow freak are ridiculous and just plain stupid.
    It is impossible not to see how hard this tries to be "noir". with all the black-and-white colouring, constant rain or snow and neverending inner monologues. But it tries too hard, not achieving much. What the movie lacks is a good source to be based on - maybe some detective novel, some real literature, not this comic book junk from Mr. Miller, who can hardly be called a writer.
    Only good thing is that now I know that I'm in no way spending money on a cinema ticket to the Dame to Kill For, despite its boob-cast now including Eva Green.

The most visually inventive comic book adaptation to make its way to a movie screen.
  2. Eye-popping yet ultimately thin and shallow as a page in a graphic novel.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    For geeks, action freaks and sensation-seeking teenage boys of all ages, the price of admission will provide a one-way ticket to hard-boiled heaven.