8.1

1. Nietzschebot
    Apr 1, 2005
    Now we get to see who's who in the critics. If you want to find members of the right wing and left wing thought police, look for the low reviews.
  2. MichaelS.
    Apr 1, 2005
    To be brief.... Really cool, and lots of fun!
  3. SBoerresen
    Aug 5, 2005
    I really didn't want to see this at first, because of the whole black and white thing. But i saw it and i do not regrett it at all. This movie was amazing. It isn't that violent, there are many other movies which are far more violent than Sin City. Actually this movie got a 15 rating in Norway, (which is almost the same as a PG13 rating in the US.
  4. Patrick
    Apr 1, 2005
    Wonderful movie that succinctly combined elements of morality and violence by displaying their congruencies and contradictions. A very Tarantino-esque film because of it's effective graphic displays and moral representations.
  5. JeffM.
    Apr 2, 2005
    If I could give this movie a zillon rating, I would! It is, by far, the best movie I've ever, ever seen! I am still in chills over such a wonderful journey of a movie experience. When I was watching this movie, I knew I was experiencing something special. Frank Miller, one of my favorite authors, was all over the production of this film - and it paid off brilliantly. Miller himself If I could give this movie a zillon rating, I would! It is, by far, the best movie I've ever, ever seen! I am still in chills over such a wonderful journey of a movie experience. When I was watching this movie, I knew I was experiencing something special. Frank Miller, one of my favorite authors, was all over the production of this film - and it paid off brilliantly. Miller himself is brilliant, as the stories painlessly translated to film. I'm not kidding, this is the greatest movie I've ever seen. The angles, the shots, everything. The film is unique; I can't think of any movie that was like this. Put it this way: Metropolis is to sci-fi as Nosferatu is to horror as Sin City is to Noir. I don't know what else to say. I am so happy that Miller's vision was not screwed up by stupid executives who don't even know the first thing about storytelling. Many Hollywood films aren't so lucky, unfortunately. I don't want to end this on a sad note. I just wanna say thank you so much! Thank you for making this movie and showing me that not all Hollywood movies have to suck and only independent or foreign movies rock. I'm still on a high from this movie!!! I just want to shout to the world and tell everyone to see this movie! It's amazing what we people can come up with. Thank you Frank Miller! Expand
  6. williamo.
    Apr 21, 2005
    Ground breaking, gutsy, mind-boggeling...oozing originality.
  7. JohnW.
    Incredible adaptation.
  8. ScottJ
    Apr 2, 2005
    Wow. What can I say. A little over 2 hours later and i'm in awe. Addicted. If there was another showing after the 12:40 am show i saw i would buy another ticket. Absoluetly beautiful!! Cinematography is outstanding. Acting from everyone, including Alba and Murphy were flawless. Script was a perfect blend, not too sappy, not predictable. It was funny, and witty. This will be on Wow. What can I say. A little over 2 hours later and i'm in awe. Addicted. If there was another showing after the 12:40 am show i saw i would buy another ticket. Absoluetly beautiful!! Cinematography is outstanding. Acting from everyone, including Alba and Murphy were flawless. Script was a perfect blend, not too sappy, not predictable. It was funny, and witty. This will be on peoples minds for a while. Round of applause for Robert Rodriquez and Frank Miller. A+++ Expand
  9. McLayneB.
    Apr 2, 2005
    Visually stunning, unlike anything that has come out of hollywood in years. Not the greatest story, but the way in which the movie is done, the creative and fearless violence and subject matter makes it a must see.
  10. VinceH.
    Apr 2, 2005
    Not the best movie of 2005, but certainly the best major studio movie of 2005 and DEFINITELY the best Robert Rodriguez movie ever, who I've never been a fan of (sans Spy Kids). This movie is brilliant and provides the type of kinetic cinematic experience we usually have to wait every 4 years for from QT. Go see it. It is definitely the best movie playing at your multiplex.
  11. Mike&HilaryBilodeau
    WOW!!!
  12. Herby
    Apr 3, 2005
    A true original. Will see it again and again. Hope to see MORE coloboration between Miller and Rodriguez.
  13. PJ
    Apr 4, 2005
    The first part of the three part series is the strongest, but the visuals and the world the movie creates make this a very interesting experience.
  14. ZachR
    Apr 8, 2005
    That was a great "flick" as Robert Rodriguez would have you call it. It stayed absolutely true to the original comics. My favorite story was The Big Fat Kill, and Clive Owen did a great job with Dwight. The visual style was amazing!
  15. ArnoldH.
    Apr 8, 2005
    A visually astonishing and endlessly absorbing movie. I can't wait to see it again, and look forward to owning it on DVD so I can linger over it and appreciate it even more.
  16. KarlM.
    Jun 6, 2005
    What the cinema was made for.... but why all the empty seats when the film has only been open for 2 days? Go see it NOW!
  17. IanS.
    Jun 9, 2005
    This is ART this is NEW. why can't some people get it! I think it's one of the best movies of the year.
  18. GiulianoL.
    Jul 30, 2005
    Fenomenal! wonderful, who gives under than 9 for this film does not like cinema. believe - me Take off the breath, a trip that if attends with fascinates and that cause giddiness (is half hipnótico, you none is loaded for history without resistance, it seems a feverish delirium), The best movie of the century.
  19. TerrtT.
    Aug 18, 2005
    People who say this movie has no depth, It's based on a comic! This movie is not ment to be taken seriously. This is one of the few movies I have seen that was 2 hours long, and when it ended it left me feeling like is was a common length film. The time passes nicely, and it left me satisfied. If you like a good simple movie to enjoy...don't walk, run and rent this!
  20. JoeyK.
    Sep 8, 2005
    This movie truly was a masterpeice. It was entertaining and interesting. It was gorey, but in no way simply for the sake of gore. You can clearly see the comic book in the film. It's very well done in a unique style.I just can't beleive William Arnold thought so low of it. I don't say this much about these types of stylistic, modern art type things, but this movie really This movie truly was a masterpeice. It was entertaining and interesting. It was gorey, but in no way simply for the sake of gore. You can clearly see the comic book in the film. It's very well done in a unique style.I just can't beleive William Arnold thought so low of it. I don't say this much about these types of stylistic, modern art type things, but this movie really was extrodanarily done, and it's great entertainment all the way through. Expand
  21. GeorgeH.
    Apr 6, 2007
    It would seem campy if it weren't so visually advanced, but the campiness combined with the CGI actually makes for an unforgettable combination.
  22. LJM
    Jan 18, 2008
    When I saw Sin City I was blown away by the pace and style that it had. The film not only had an artistic style that has never been seen before in cinema but also strong stories as well as a great cast of characters who, over the course of the film, you care about and support as the film runs its course. The film has a deeply dark tone but also a great humane quality about it. Heres When I saw Sin City I was blown away by the pace and style that it had. The film not only had an artistic style that has never been seen before in cinema but also strong stories as well as a great cast of characters who, over the course of the film, you care about and support as the film runs its course. The film has a deeply dark tone but also a great humane quality about it. Heres hoping Sin City 2 is soon produced. Expand
  23. JoshW.
    Mar 29, 2005
    Probably the best comic adaptation ever.
  24. LamarL.
    Apr 1, 2005
    M going to see again saturday.
  25. Jao
    Apr 1, 2005
    haven't had this much fun in a theatre since Snatch.
  26. Tony
    Apr 1, 2005
    Great gun fights, and visually thrilling!
  27. CarlosE.
    Apr 1, 2005
    I didn't want to give it a ten but it is the only score i could justify. I thought of giving it a nine for the sake of appearances but it was better than a nine even though I'm sure i'll find something to gripe about after seeing it a dozen times (which i invariably will). This movie had me mesmerized the whole way through.
  28. CookieB.
    Apr 10, 2005
    Totally Awesome!!
  29. elmoco
    Apr 2, 2005
    Near-perfect adaptaion of a classic graphic novel.....i don't think i will ever look at mustard again wihout thinking of Yellow Bastard.
  30. AlexM
    Apr 21, 2005
    I am not going to repeat what many critics and other have said about this great movie. What are these people who trash the movie on?? The violence?? I've seen worse and being exposed to Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theatre at 9 years old started the desensitization. Great movie, should have been rated R!! Austin Powers anyone?? After the year to year blitzkreig of PG13 movies, it I am not going to repeat what many critics and other have said about this great movie. What are these people who trash the movie on?? The violence?? I've seen worse and being exposed to Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theatre at 9 years old started the desensitization. Great movie, should have been rated R!! Austin Powers anyone?? After the year to year blitzkreig of PG13 movies, it was great to have something i wanted to see rated R and have it be great. There's a reason Ben Stiller is in countless movies, there are sequels to movies like Bad Boys, and why Anchorman was made. There are people out there who like those kind of movies. So as long as those kinds of films are being made, I do hope more great R rated movies will be made as well. Just a question. Why the hell is Batman Begins PG13?!?! Expand
  31. BobB.
    Best Movie Ever!!!
  32. MatthewF.
    Apr 3, 2005
    I really enjoyed this movie. Mind you, if you are the queasy type, you might want to think twice about seeing this movie. As with other Tarantino inspired flicks, the blood flows freely. This movie had me saying "wow" through-out. Great Job.
  33. Devin
    Apr 3, 2005
    Great acting, directing, cast, visuals, and audio. It followed the comic books almost word for word, which I liked. Overall a very good movie hands down one of my favorite.
  34. RyanH.
    Apr 3, 2005
    As a reader of the graphic novel I have to say that this movie is the best comic book movie ever made because it stays so true to the books themselves. Everyone who gives this movie a bad review has no respect for both art forms (film and comics) nor do they have respect for fantasy itself.
  35. DillB.
    Apr 3, 2005
    This has to be one of the best movies I have ever seen. With its visuals and its huge cast with the fantastic stories mixed in with some of the most grusome visuals that you will ever see, I would have to say that this movie is perfect.
  36. CharlieB.
    This movie is amazing!
  37. TerryD.
    Apr 4, 2005
    Most perfect adaptation from paper to screen ever.
  38. BrianS.
    Apr 4, 2005
    Those saying that this movie limits it's audience because of the styling, well no kidding. It was made for the fans of the series and pretty much for no one else. It's a direct adaptation of the series and that is because you cant make a faithful comic book movie and at the same time have it be good for all naive audiences. It's either one or the other, this time someone Those saying that this movie limits it's audience because of the styling, well no kidding. It was made for the fans of the series and pretty much for no one else. It's a direct adaptation of the series and that is because you cant make a faithful comic book movie and at the same time have it be good for all naive audiences. It's either one or the other, this time someone finally chose to make a faithful rendition of a graphic novel. The movie was by far the best adaptation of a graphic novel to date. Expand
  39. DwightV.
    Apr 6, 2005
    Whoa this movie is awesome. It was unpredictable, funny and crazy. It's one of those movies you have to watch twice to get what it's about.
  40. MisterThomYorke
    Apr 7, 2005
    [***SPOILERS***] Warning Spoilers: To answer Edward's question: Josh Hartnett's character at the beginning and end was a hitman. That's why he killed the woman at the beginning (he was "going to cash her check tomorrow"), and at the end he was hired by the hookers to kill that chick for betraying them. She looked scared because she knew who he was and what he was there to[***SPOILERS***] Warning Spoilers: To answer Edward's question: Josh Hartnett's character at the beginning and end was a hitman. That's why he killed the woman at the beginning (he was "going to cash her check tomorrow"), and at the end he was hired by the hookers to kill that chick for betraying them. She looked scared because she knew who he was and what he was there to do. Great movie if you ask me. Reminded me of "The Maxx" cartoon from MTV a few years back. Expand
  41. Wongit
    May 1, 2005
    Amazing. One spectacular looking film. Great casting, great characters, great dialogue. The Characters really fit into their roles. Great action scenes, violent to the max. One hell of a movie.
  42. ShaunB.
    May 12, 2005
    Visually one of the most impresive films I've ever seen.
  43. KrisS
    Jun 14, 2005
    Superb movie. Great entertainment and filming technique. When it comes to the violence: It underlines the mentality of the city and makes the movie complete.
  44. RJS.
    Jun 5, 2005
    Definitely the first best movie of 2005.
  45. Aleksi
    Jun 5, 2005
    It's perfect. Every frame of it.
  46. TheElusivePossom
    Jun 7, 2005
    Here lies an example of such an imaginative context such as graphic novel to film conversion can work sublimely. I saw this film, having no idea of the plot or its comic book background, and was blown away. The use of a black-and-white pallette, with splashes of colour where appropriate, is truly masterful in enhancing the mood of the movie. The progression is action-packed, and the Here lies an example of such an imaginative context such as graphic novel to film conversion can work sublimely. I saw this film, having no idea of the plot or its comic book background, and was blown away. The use of a black-and-white pallette, with splashes of colour where appropriate, is truly masterful in enhancing the mood of the movie. The progression is action-packed, and the characters instantly likeable (Elijah Wood's role as Kevin is particularly imaginative). There are plenty of plot twists thrown into the mix, and a few loose ends that I can only imagine will be tied up in the sequal in 2007. Other points of merit include the OTT and occasionally cringeworthy for level (hold on to your nuts) and I can't think of another movie featuring as many gorgeous women, whom frequently appear nude, exposing the perfection of their bodacious fruit. Incredible. Expand
  47. Tonydannie
    Jul 12, 2005
    By Far Robert Rodrguez best film that he has ever been involved in. I never heard of Frank Miller up until now. But hey I love this mans style. The film opening scene grabbed me and the film never let me loose. The stories were all great. And the photography was beyond words. This movie is definitely one of the best films of the year. And Rourke's acting..... oscar worthy!
  48. Julia
    Jul 23, 2005
    I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie! I love this movie!!!!!
  49. RobbyT.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Film noir n. -A movie characterized by low-key lighting, a bleak urban setting, and corrupt, cynical characters. -The genre or style of such movies. [French : black] check, check, check.
  50. TonyC.
    Aug 18, 2005
    This movie was great. It was exciting and the visuals were great. The fact that all of the live action was filmed on a green is not even apparent. The actors' actions are believable. The characters are memorable and this movie begs to be watch more than once. The film is "film noir" at it's absolute greatest.
  51. JW
    Aug 23, 2005
    Frickin Amazing!!!! A couple of bad lines and bad props (the gold eye) wont even make you flinch. This is the closest think to true piece of art I have ever seen.
  52. JonL
    Sep 2, 2005
    One of the best movies I have ever seen. It was amazingly directed and so unique. The fact that there is so many hotty's in it helps, but it was the visual aspect that really impressed me. This movie in 100% getting bought.
  53. ClarisseP.
    Jun 12, 2006
    One of the best movie ever made ! I can't wait to see Sin City 2!
  54. MiguelO.
    Jul 3, 2006
    The best movie that tells diffrent life stories throug the eyes of others who try to survive the wild life in Sin City. This movie has great fighting scenes and great effects. Robert Rodriguez really outdone himself in this movie
  55. Rayo
    Mar 10, 2007
    If you dont appreciate and really love this movie you are pathetic, maybe you know it or maybe you dont, but trust me... you are, either that or your IQ is waaaay too low.
  56. JimA.
    May 4, 2007
    This film is the perfect example of a perfect acting and directing. At first I believed that it would be one more usual movie which is totally different from the comic but when I saw it I changed my mind completely. The transfer from the comic is excellent and as fantastic is the comic so fantastic is the movie. Frank Miller remains the best!
  57. [Anonmous]
    Jun 30, 2007
    To say this movie is just visually appealing is wrong. Everything is appealing. This movie took me on a ride to and what I saw I was not disappointed with. Wow
  58. ChristosN.
    Oct 15, 2005
    Just amazing... I'm stunned... The cinematography is unbelievable! One of the best movies I've seen in years.
  59. JamesM
    Dec 7, 2005
    Practically perfect.
  60. MattW.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Great movie with lots of humor. Even if you have never read the graphic novels, you wont be lost at all. Although violent, like the books, it is still a great movie with awesome acting. Go and see this immediately.
  61. MorganM.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Simply amazing. Every portion of the film was shot perfectly and kept me entertained the whole movie.
  62. RobP.
    Apr 1, 2005
    Wow, 2 hours that don't let go and show what bigger than life can mean on the screen. It seems that Robert Rodriguez is reinventing movies.
  63. Abear
    Apr 1, 2005
    The seattle post can suck it along with any one who says this movie is bad and cliche. the visuals are amazing along with the way the made this awsome comic book come alive.
  64. ShawnS.
    I LOVE THIS FILM!!
  65. IanM.
    Apr 10, 2005
    Pastiche plus.
  66. SuzanF.
    Apr 13, 2005
    Fantastic, visual and inovative.
  67. EdwardTM.
    Apr 13, 2005
    Brilliant. Not an adaptation of comic books but a comic book on film, I have never seen anything like it. The visuals stayed with me for days and days afterward. Violent, yes. Bizarre, definitely. But as original and unique as anything I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. This is the kind of originilaity that Quentin Taratino was hoping for in "Pulp Fiction," but (unbeknownst to Brilliant. Not an adaptation of comic books but a comic book on film, I have never seen anything like it. The visuals stayed with me for days and days afterward. Violent, yes. Bizarre, definitely. But as original and unique as anything I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. This is the kind of originilaity that Quentin Taratino was hoping for in "Pulp Fiction," but (unbeknownst to most viewers who simply rode the wave of popular appeal), he simply did not accomplish. Expand
  68. Mike&HilaryBilodeau
    Apr 16, 2005
    WOW!!!
  69. RusselS.
    Apr 17, 2005
    One of the best comic book adaptions I've ever seen. It was like watching a living comic book. And that's what I think turned off a lot of people to this movie. They didn't understand what was going on. Accept this movie for what it is, and don't compare it to something it isnt. The sex and violence and taboo issues are off the charts. Sad to say it, but in this day One of the best comic book adaptions I've ever seen. It was like watching a living comic book. And that's what I think turned off a lot of people to this movie. They didn't understand what was going on. Accept this movie for what it is, and don't compare it to something it isnt. The sex and violence and taboo issues are off the charts. Sad to say it, but in this day and age, if it's not controversial, it's not worth talking about. This movie touched on a lot of sensitive issues, and gave them all the middle finger. It's brash, it's harsh, it's sometimes hard to digest, but that's why it's so good. This movie challenges you to accept it for what it is. And I don't agree with people saying how it's the most violent thing they've ever seen. Watch the news. Atleast when watching Sin City, you know everything is stylized and make believe. As for the visuals, they were completely stunning! Each shot of this movie, individually, is wonderfully framed and composed, and a work of art. It's funny how you either hate this movie, or love it. I, personally, loved this movie. I've seen it 4 four times already, and will probably watch it countless more times after it comes out on dvd!!! Expand
  70. WakoJako
    Apr 21, 2005
    AWESOME. JUST AWESOME. Best movie this year so far.
  71. DavidG.
    Apr 2, 2005
    I had an ear-to-ear grin the whole time.
  72. DianneT.
    Apr 2, 2005
    This movie restored my faith in American filmmaking.
  73. RichB.
    Apr 23, 2005
    I love it.
  74. WillP.
    Apr 25, 2005
    Amazing work and genious cinemaphotography!
  75. JesseH.
    Apr 3, 2005
    Best movie i've seen since the matrix.
  76. AndrewD.
    Apr 3, 2005
    No, this movie isn't your typical comic book movie but it is the epitome of a great film. Of course the acting doesn't seem as like that in a beautiful mind; the acting is rough and often cheesy. That is for a reason though; it's a comic book movie and it seemlessly pulls of the genre it is attempting to portray.
  77. Dookie
    Apr 5, 2005
    Amazing movie! The characters are great, the way it was shot was beautiful, and the story is a lot of fun!
  78. HenryT.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Fantastic visuals as well as killer acting, combine to make this a masterpiece!
  79. nlarrabee
    May 10, 2005
    Bad Ass!!
  80. RogerM.
    May 1, 2005
    Totally, totally cool. you like the books you like this. Nice one.
  81. billyb.
    May 17, 2005
    It's ganged out!
  82. AliciaS.
    May 25, 2005
    The movie is fantastic and It has to be seen as a comic books on screen...special mention to Mickey Rourke which is excellent and has its best acting as he does when director gives him a chance..I hope this will boost his career he merit it.
  83. Mobius
    May 31, 2005
    Dont look at this film as a movie but as a animated graphic novel, if you dont know what a graphic novel is then go down to your local book store and find one and then read it. once you have done that you will then understand the film and how the director has done the impossible. remember it a film of a book and it is totally faithfull to the book. 10/10
  84. KenG
    May 6, 2005
    The best ultra-violent movie to come out of Hollywood since "Natural Born Killers". It is twisted, dark, disturbed. perverted, and something of a masterpiece
  85. JayL.
    Jun 27, 2005
    This movie is one of the most stunningly original and entertaining films of the new millenium. Many have tried to compare Rodriguez's "Sin City" to Tarantino's "Kill Bill," but this is a silly comparison because "Sin City" is not about the stylized action and non-stop violence that made "Kill Bill" great. Instead, "Sin City" focuses on creating a mode that hasn't been This movie is one of the most stunningly original and entertaining films of the new millenium. Many have tried to compare Rodriguez's "Sin City" to Tarantino's "Kill Bill," but this is a silly comparison because "Sin City" is not about the stylized action and non-stop violence that made "Kill Bill" great. Instead, "Sin City" focuses on creating a mode that hasn't been achieved since the 1940's, and then blowing it up like a bike tire to reflect modern day taste. The result is a movie with the action and speacial affects of modern day movies, with the slick, cool, and smokey feel of numerous Humphrey Bogart movies. It's "The Maltese Falcon" for people with short attention spans. Expand
  86. pombom
    Jun 7, 2005
    Amazing.
  87. hugho
    Jul 18, 2005
    Pefect. one of the best movies of the year. definatly in my top 5 ever. kill bill reminiscent, stylisticaly worked to beautifuly stun. awsome, intelligent, atmoshpehere.
  88. RafaS.
    Aug 19, 2005
    One of the best movies i've ever seen.
  89. NickH
    Aug 21, 2005
    Amazing direction? Check. Lush, wonderful style? Check. Great, overblown comic-ish acting? Double check. Ability to make nancy boys cry to their conservative mamas? TRIPLE CHECK! This is hands down one of the best movies of the past two years. This is one of the few movies I've seen that doesn't leave me checking my watch at the 2 hour 10 minute mark. This is the movie to beat. Amazing direction? Check. Lush, wonderful style? Check. Great, overblown comic-ish acting? Double check. Ability to make nancy boys cry to their conservative mamas? TRIPLE CHECK! This is hands down one of the best movies of the past two years. This is one of the few movies I've seen that doesn't leave me checking my watch at the 2 hour 10 minute mark. This is the movie to beat. I doubt any movies - any time soon - will come along and beat this movie in terms of style or the ability to grip an audience. And until Tarantino (he didn't direct all but one scene in this - Roderiguez and Miller where in charge and did a great job) makes his next movie... no film will leave so many people whimpering to their moms about the sick nature of the film. I guess some people who see this movie - here's looking at you Brain G - don't understand that it's not told chronologically. You need a cue on the screen? You need to see: "This is part Three, which happens at the same time as part One" I guess? It's a "new classic" and deserves to be treated as such. If you actually don't "get" it... Don't rant about it. **Apparently movies need to be rated on IQ rather than age. Some people just don't get movies that are above their heads. Seriously. Expand
  90. BillJ.
    Aug 27, 2005
    Wow! Best movie I've seen in a while. It is what it is.
  91. JerryP.
    Jan 13, 2006
    Its an awsome movie i love the story and the look of the movie..i give it two thumbs up as they would say.
  92. JoeB.
    Jan 5, 2006
    One of the best movies in recent years. Frank Miller's graphic novels certainly come alive very well in this adaptation, and the unrealistic violence (and the people that survive said violence) does serve a purpose thematically. Brilliant.
  93. MattheC.
    Apr 11, 2006
    I first got into the graphic novels and then took a look at the film, having most comic book adaptations being nothing like the original graphic novels I wasn't expecting to much from this...but I was wrong. Oh, so wrong! For fans of the novels this is will blow them away, the shots in the film are identical to the books (although some scenes hav been cut from it, it is still I first got into the graphic novels and then took a look at the film, having most comic book adaptations being nothing like the original graphic novels I wasn't expecting to much from this...but I was wrong. Oh, so wrong! For fans of the novels this is will blow them away, the shots in the film are identical to the books (although some scenes hav been cut from it, it is still astonishing. But they have been put back in in the Recut, Uncut, and Extended edition). The greatest film achievement of the 21st century so far! Friggin' loved it! Expand
  94. CharlieN.
    May 17, 2006
    One of my favorite films of all time, and by far the greatest comic book based movie ever made!
  95. KC
    Sep 1, 2006
    it's seriously an excellent show, and honestly a piece of art to me. The critiques that gave ridiculous scores are probably just either offended by the gore, or are too shallow minded to appreciate. It's a artfully composed storyboard with effects that were never used before, I wasn't even a reader let alone fan of the novel and I swear to god this is one of the movies I it's seriously an excellent show, and honestly a piece of art to me. The critiques that gave ridiculous scores are probably just either offended by the gore, or are too shallow minded to appreciate. It's a artfully composed storyboard with effects that were never used before, I wasn't even a reader let alone fan of the novel and I swear to god this is one of the movies I keep next to my player anytime. I would honestly give Sin City 12 points if it were possible. Expand
  96. MattF.
    Feb 12, 2007
    I've read some of the Sin City comics and Rodriguez did a masterful job of adapting it to film. And who the f.ck are the Charlotte Observer and Seattle Post Intelligencer? What does the MPAA's rating system have sh.t to do with the movie?
  97. ZachO.
    Mar 22, 2007
    One of my top ten favorite movies of all time. Movie snobs and those that are easily offended by occasional nudity or heavy gore stay away.
  98. MrBlonde
    Mar 31, 2007
    This movie is awesome. I love how douchebag critics try to say this film rips of Pulp Fiction, but the Sin City novels came out before hand. Mickey Rourke should have gotten an oscar nomination for his portrayal of Marv. This film is balls on true to the comics.
  99. JonathanR
    Feb 10, 2008
    The movie could actually be described as art. The extreme violence was put in the way it was to portray the crooks in America. BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!
  100. R.Lopez
    Mar 14, 2009
    Sin City, how can you describe it? Well one word comes to mind. Outstanding! Sin City is a visual stunning and amazingly well made film with a cast of big screens favorites driving this film. Sin City tells three different stories from the graphic novels themselves. The first follows the big juggernaut Marv(played by Mickey Rourke, who is fantastic here.) Marv is on a man hunt to find the Sin City, how can you describe it? Well one word comes to mind. Outstanding! Sin City is a visual stunning and amazingly well made film with a cast of big screens favorites driving this film. Sin City tells three different stories from the graphic novels themselves. The first follows the big juggernaut Marv(played by Mickey Rourke, who is fantastic here.) Marv is on a man hunt to find the men responsible for the death of the women he loved. The second story follows Dwight McCarthy, a killer trying to find peace form his old life, but as fate has it he's drawn back in when a mad dog cop ( played by Benicio Del Toro.) who is trying to make a mess out of things for Dwight's new girl and the girls of old town. Soon Dwight get's caught up in a murder and a cover-up bigger than him. Can he and the girls of old town save their home? The finally and best story in the film is that of falsely accused detective Hartigan, who while trying to save a little girls life is instead accused of the crimes of another. Now it's been eight years and Hartigan just wants to move on, but somebody won't let the past stay dead. Hartigan has one last job to do, and that is protecting the only person who means anything to him. With that said Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez tell these stories in such a way that they seem like your reading the graphic novel but in actuality your watching a film. No movie has ever caught the fell of a series of books so well before. This movies was nothing but an experiment that exceeded beyond anyone's expectation's, Sin City is without saying a true black& white masterpiece. Expand

The most visually inventive comic book adaptation to make its way to a movie screen.
  2. Eye-popping yet ultimately thin and shallow as a page in a graphic novel.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    For geeks, action freaks and sensation-seeking teenage boys of all ages, the price of admission will provide a one-way ticket to hard-boiled heaven.