Sin Nombre

8.0

1. TheresaA
    May 16, 2009
    Really violent, gory scenes is what I supposes appeals to viewers. The story itself - not much to it. Evading the authorities and gang members while traveling on top of a train. About it.
  2. Manny
    May 25, 2009
    Don't go to see this movie. It is a failed somber and unrealistic attempt to tell a story that mixes gang violence with what some very poor people from Latin America goes through trying to migrate to the U.S. The movie moves in very slowly pace to a tragic end. All characters are quite somber and sad. Nothing good or positive occurs to any of them. No one laughs, smiles or seems to Don't go to see this movie. It is a failed somber and unrealistic attempt to tell a story that mixes gang violence with what some very poor people from Latin America goes through trying to migrate to the U.S. The movie moves in very slowly pace to a tragic end. All characters are quite somber and sad. Nothing good or positive occurs to any of them. No one laughs, smiles or seems to have any hope for a better life. I have lived and worked in Latin America for many years and this movie couldn't be more unrealistic in how it depicts the poor and uneducated people from the area. I came out of the theater feeling that I had waisted my time and my money watching a horrible, unrealistic and depressing movie from which I couldn't learn practically anything. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    If you like watching human suffering and tragedy by all means watch this movie(or the news). If you watch movies for having a good time the don´t. I watched this movie based on user reviews.... MISTAKE. Huge waste of time.

1. Fukunaga clearly exhibits a flair for spirited storytelling, but when Sin Nombre departs from the specifics of its unique world in favor of more conventional genre execution, it leaves the characters and audience adrift.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Fukunaga refrains from artificially amping up excitement for its own sake, maintaining an intimate, observational style that offers up a host of things to look at and think about.
    Lushly photographed and meticulously sound-designed, Sin Nombre is visceral without being vital, researched without ever seeming lived-in.