6.1

1. Jun 8, 2013
    Sinbad is a perfect of example of why you should not always listen to the critics. Is this a great film by any means? No. While it may not be what the critics wanted, Sinbad is a fun little adventure film. It has likeable characters, cool monster encounter, and some fun action. I really mean that I am not nostalgic for this film because I only saw it once I am speaking sincerely. While itSinbad is a perfect of example of why you should not always listen to the critics. Is this a great film by any means? No. While it may not be what the critics wanted, Sinbad is a fun little adventure film. It has likeable characters, cool monster encounter, and some fun action. I really mean that I am not nostalgic for this film because I only saw it once I am speaking sincerely. While it is a shame that this film does not have any more sequels may it is a good thing because we can remember Sinbad for how fun it was unlike Pirates, which had a good film or two but overstayed its welcome with convoluted story lines, lengthy films, and a bunch other stuff no cares about. While I am sad that Dreamworks no longer does hand drawn animated films they left behind some entertaining films to watch and Sinbad is one of them. While it may not be as enjoyable as Curse of the Black Pearl it is still a lot of fun and definitely worth a watch. Sinbad is a fun adventure film and a good way to end the 2-D era of Dreamworks’ career. Expand
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    I thought this was a fun movie and I enjoyed it allot. Great animation, however the CG does feel a little out of place at times, but considering when it was made it is forgivable. Voice acting is pretty good, Pitt and Jones have some great chemistry and really bring their characters to life. Eris is utterly breathtaking. Her animation is just amazing. Overall a really fantastic film, thatI thought this was a fun movie and I enjoyed it allot. Great animation, however the CG does feel a little out of place at times, but considering when it was made it is forgivable. Voice acting is pretty good, Pitt and Jones have some great chemistry and really bring their characters to life. Eris is utterly breathtaking. Her animation is just amazing. Overall a really fantastic film, that is not on par with the original fable, but I don't think it was meant to be. As a standalone modern animated full length feature it is very good and allot of fun. Expand
  3. Oct 23, 2010
    without the plot and script, this movie would've been suffered. its not my favorite movie, but its good.
  4. JayH
    Jun 14, 2009
    Energetic and fast paced family film, very well animated and entertaining. Enjoyable for both children and adults. Fine story, colorful and well made.
    May 11, 2004
    AMAZING!!!!!
  6. BenT.
    Dec 2, 2003
    This is a cool movie. Sara K. is the voting's fatal flaw. Shame shame shame.
  7. JohnnyV.
    Nov 29, 2003
    The animation is far superior than Disney! Its the best animation on the human form,they actually care about acting and motion and the drawings, none of that Disney, shoot them out quick to make a buck!
  8. JohnnyV.
    Nov 29, 2003
  9. JeffreyL.S.
    Jul 14, 2003
    (***) I have to 1st admit Michelle Pfeiffer, along with Meg Ryan are my top 2 fav. ladies in cinema today. Thats main reason for me reviewing this 1. & Ironically it was Meg & DW back in '97 with "Anastasia" also good-***) That also were among 1st to challenge "MT. DISNEY!" Though this is a nice lil' animated-feature anyway & will certainly be up against the Pixar masterpice "F. (***) I have to 1st admit Michelle Pfeiffer, along with Meg Ryan are my top 2 fav. ladies in cinema today. Thats main reason for me reviewing this 1. & Ironically it was Meg & DW back in '97 with "Anastasia" also good-***) That also were among 1st to challenge "MT. DISNEY!" Though this is a nice lil' animated-feature anyway & will certainly be up against the Pixar masterpice "F. Nemo," come OSCAR time!? But has NO-CHANCE of winning over that wondrous beauty. Speaking of beauty, I think the filmmakers of this 1, shoulda' left Pfeiffer's long flowing hair blonde, as opposed to black as it is in the flick. Although she did look hot in "Married to the Mob" with black-hair? She has a voice thats perfectly-pitched, though no singing this time 4-her. & cast to perfection as "A Goddess!" B. Pitt & new OSCAR winner: *Catherine Zeta-Jones also do-well here. This is currently being squashed by summer B.O. competition. But it's still a nice family-film & early on, "Sinbad," even has some "Matrix," type of fighting skills thrown-in. It's just not great like the other forementioned & Instant "classic" from Pixar! Ironically the 2 best flix of this summer to date & for me anyway, are both virtually just cartoons? Expand
  10. SaraK.
    Jul 10, 2003
    [**Potential Spoilers**] All I can say is--wow. What a bad movie. I've loved the "Arabian Nights" stories and adored the legend of Sinbad. This animated version wasn't at all close to it. Sinbad litterally looks like he's Italian in this movie and Brad Pitt didn't make him any better with his non-piratelike voice. It was simply unbearable. Plus the plot which[**Potential Spoilers**] All I can say is--wow. What a bad movie. I've loved the "Arabian Nights" stories and adored the legend of Sinbad. This animated version wasn't at all close to it. Sinbad litterally looks like he's Italian in this movie and Brad Pitt didn't make him any better with his non-piratelike voice. It was simply unbearable. Plus the plot which could've been nice and complex was filled with a predictable plot, cliches, and some obvious things (if that evil goddess is oh-so-powerful, can't she just kill Sinbad and co. in a second? Oh no...she has to set monsters on them. Great...) Including one of the most overused cliches all time: a spunky woman who joins the hero on his journey and what do they do--fall in love! Wow, never saw that coming... The action wasn't the least bit suspenseful and there wasn't a single character that was my "favorite" .Do me a favor, and avoid it at all costs. Moms and dads, you do the same for your kids. Why not go see Nemo instead? Now THAT'S a real legend of the seven seas compared to this piece o' crap. Expand

1. It makes not just the "Thief of Baghdad" and the junky Ray Harryhausen movies of the '60s and '70s but even Disney's recent "Aladdin" seem positively multicultural by comparison.
    The voices were chosen more for their big name appeal than for their ability to bring life to the drawings. The storyline is flat, linear, and shallow.
    Neither sinful nor particularly bad, the movie nonetheless diverts us when it should transport us. Its heroes' hearts may lie out at sea, but its soul never leaves dry land.