1. LukeWarmWater
    Sep 30, 2002
    Don't get any better than this telling it like it is in Indian Country. Eat your heart out Shermie "Business of Shawl Dancing" Alexie, this is how to make a film! And hey, Village Voice, stick to reviewing Woody & Spike Lee films, you dont know jack about Pine Ridge. HOKA HEY, see this film.
  2. DebbieN.
    Sep 6, 2003
    I saw this movie at the library and took a chance on checking it out. What a wonderful movie! I will most definitely recommend it to others. I was so intrigued with it I watched the special features - something I rarely do. Good job!
  3. BenjaminS.
    Sep 7, 2003
    Although the acting is somewhat inconsistent in emotional intensity, with some delivering moving drama and others underacting, the message is definitely there, and the trials of being prisoners of their own land are shown with a mix of starkness and good humor.
  4. JuliannaM.
    Jan 19, 2005
    I loved this movie! I feel a lot closer to my own sprituality now that I have read this!

To see this movie is to understand why the faces on Mount Rushmore are so painful and galling to the first Americans. The movie's final image is haunting.
    This first generation of Native American movie directors has already managed to make great strides: While prodding the collective conscience of the U.S. mainstream with their disturbing views of the reservation, they have also opened the door to a vibrant spirit world unknown to all but a few.
  3. A wrenching, uncompromisingly bleak film, but its stars, who include talented newcomer Noah Watts as Mogie's son and Lois Red Elk as the brothers' staunch aunt, fill the screen with warmth, humor and spiritual yearning in the face of hardship and tragedy.