Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: July 29, 2005
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 150 Ratings
Watch Now
PaulF.Aug 30, 2005
Though Disney is surely trying to take over the world one dollar at a time I have to hand it to them, they frequently hit the mark with good movies. Sky High is no exception and is about as solid of an 8 as you can get. Though I was Though Disney is surely trying to take over the world one dollar at a time I have to hand it to them, they frequently hit the mark with good movies. Sky High is no exception and is about as solid of an 8 as you can get. Though I was concerned this movie was more for the kiddies than adults I was pleasantly surprised to find it catering to a full spectrum of ages. Among having good morals it was fun, and most importantly funny. Though I was not rolling out of my seat like in some movies it however was consistent and light hearted. I even liked the teenage love triangle sub plot. This movie didn't really have faults, but the acting could have been a smidgeon better than it was, and there could have a bit more depth, though I sure this is not what they were going for. All in all they accomplished what they set out to do. Make a campy movie that most people could enjoy. So please don't try to play super-critic with this one just relax and let it wash over you. And if your soul has not completely been tainted by cynicism then I guarantee you will come out of this movie with at least a smile on your face :) Expand
MalcomMaxNov 4, 2005
Sky high gets me high, with chuckles, smiles and giggles that tickle the bone. It's pure fun entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. Think of it as a goofy comedy version of X-MEN. That's all there is to it.
FlashGordonDec 2, 2005
It's popcorn entertainment with some original ideas that suprised me. It does kind of have a power rangers feel to it at times, but it seems to do pull it off and not insult your intelligence (too much). Don't expect anything It's popcorn entertainment with some original ideas that suprised me. It does kind of have a power rangers feel to it at times, but it seems to do pull it off and not insult your intelligence (too much). Don't expect anything special and I think you'll smile at times. Cheap basic fun. Expand
SteveG.Jan 30, 2006
This is a really fun movie for the whole family. My wife and I really liked it and so did our 4 year old daughter and 8 year old son.
ZackL.Aug 1, 2006
I like this movie because it doesn't take itself seriously. Sky High is entertainement at it's best.
DoranW.Oct 16, 2005
Most adorable movie of the year.
guardboy21Apr 13, 2011
This is one of my favorite movies. Whenever it plays on disney channel, i make sure to watch it. Props to the amazing actors and actresses in the movie.
HalfwelshmanJan 3, 2012
For a family-friendly comedy film, Sky High is surprisingly self-aware, often quite clever in its deconstruction of superhero mythos and packed with plenty of good jokes. The cast are great across the board - the youngsters Michael AngaranoFor a family-friendly comedy film, Sky High is surprisingly self-aware, often quite clever in its deconstruction of superhero mythos and packed with plenty of good jokes. The cast are great across the board - the youngsters Michael Angarano and Danielle Panabaker make likable protagonists and their characters Will Stronghold and Layla Williams actually develop over the course of the story, and the supporting cast all add something to the film. Kurt Russell and Kelly Preston look like they're having a lot of fun playing Will's super-powered parents (complete with tribute-to-Clark Kent spectacles as a disguise), Steven Strait is much better in this than he was in that colossal turkey The Covenant, and plays a pleasingly complex character, the solitary bad-boy Warren Peace, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is also good as the seemingly perfect Gwen Grayson and Bruce Campbell shouts a lot and wears some rather fetching gym shorts, which is awesome. The film works on multiple levels, as a tongue-in-cheek superhero parody, as a high-school rom-com and as a coming-of-age family drama. The finale may be a bit messy, and some of the effects a bit ropey, but that shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of this undeniably fun adventure for all ages. Expand
oxanaSep 12, 2014
A laid-back, mildly amusing film that more than just kids are sure to enjoy.

There is actually more content in here than some might believe. It isn't too sweet, or too silly. In a world where superheroes are celebrated, they have a high
A laid-back, mildly amusing film that more than just kids are sure to enjoy.

In a world where superheroes are celebrated, they have a high school of their own. Besides said school hovering in the air, it's just the same as every other high school. The only difference is that it teaches the kids of superheroes. Replacing the nerds are sidekicks; a less valued mass of people with lesser abilities than the flashy superheroes.

Coming to this school is Will Stronghold, son of the two most famous superheroes. Problem is, he is yet to develop a power - which he has failed to tell his parents, suspecting they would be majorly disappointed. At this point of the story you start to dread that Will is going to go into extremes in not telling his parents, but that isn't the catch of the movie.

The catch is that any person can be a hero, and which in the end is rather nicely executed, though in the usually innocent Disney way.

The plot progresses nicely, the characters are given enough room to be introduced, although they don't have a whole lot of depth. They don't require it, though, for one to enjoy this film.

To sum it up, this is a superhero -movie with less explosions or cool special effects. However, you may want to give it a chance if you're into the less serious stuff made of popular, well-known themes.
Rox22Dec 12, 2013
A pleasantly nice family movie about super hero teens in a super hero high school. For what it is, it's lighthearted fun and fun to watch. Pretty much what you can expect from a Disney live action movie.

Overall: While this movie doesn't

Overall:
While this movie doesn't compare to it's Marvel or DC counterparts, it is also not trying to. If anything, it is more a parody of the genre that steals a style of storytelling that only Disney can do.
CoryIzCoolMar 12, 2015
How can you give this movie LESS than a ten. It has all sorts of fun humor, exciting action and cool super powers. Ten years after it's original debut, I am STILL playing with ALL of my friends as Sky High superheroes. I laughed so hard IHow can you give this movie LESS than a ten. It has all sorts of fun humor, exciting action and cool super powers. Ten years after it's original debut, I am STILL playing with ALL of my friends as Sky High superheroes. I laughed so hard I had to pause the movie and take a 20 minute break, I came back with 34 of my friends (3 of which had to leave because they couldn't laugh any more.) I really enjoy their unique powers and the completely original bully aspect. Over all stellar movie and an instant classic, can't wait for the sequel!!1!!!!1 Expand
CineAutoctonoDec 6, 2015
"Sky High" was a good film as my shows very good plot , as a super- school to build super- heroes for that good idea, but the behavior of the young , Ok ! Like the normal school.
vandermmNov 4, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In the movie Sky High, Will Stronghold is a rising freshman at Sky High School. The school is for people that have super powers and there, they decide if you are a main superhero or just a sidekick. Will does not truly know his super powers when he enters the school so he ends up being put as a sidekick. Will had to hide this from his parents because Will's parents are the world's two best superheroes: The Commander, his dad and Jetstream, his mom. The moral of this film is just because someone says you are not special, it doesn’t mean it’s true. Everyone is special in their own way. The film was able to disguise a great meaning throughout the entire movie.

All the superhero characters are built like popular jock athletes. They are fit, good looking, and jerks to the sidekicks. When you look at them, you think of the popular kids from high school. Some of the superhero's powers are super speed, strength, flying and duplication. They act as though the sidekicks do not exist and pick on them for not being good enough. Warren Peace is Will’s bully and one of the superheros. He has the slicked back hair, leather jacket and can get all the girls he wants. He knows he’s “all-that” and carries himself higher than the sidekicks but even a lot of the other superheros. They think they are superior to others and hold themselves on a pedestal. The sidekicks on the other hand, are the dorky, weird, overweight kids. They do not look physically like a superhero but more like an normal person. They do not believe in themselves, and they that their powers are not important since the superheroes tell them that they are useless. Some of the sidekicks power are to turning into a guinea pig, melting into goo, controlling planet life. Magenta is a side kick who can turn into a Guinea Pig when under pressure. This power is fitting for her since she is shy and timid of everyone and when she turns into a guinea pig she becomes even more skittish and smaller. The school makes sure that the superheroes get all the nice stuff, great teachers and get the praise and glory. On the other hand, the sidekicks get stuffed into a small classroom with a former sidekick that's crazy. They do not get any attention from the school and are treated like worthless students.

Will has to deal with being brushed to the side and is bullied. Since he does not have a power yet, everyone makes fun of him since his parents were great superheroes but yet they had an average kid. One day, Will's whole life changed when he got picked on one superhero. Will ends up shoving the guy into the wall with his super strength. Will finally finds his true super power, and he moves up to the new social class, a superhero. Will forgets about his sidekick friends and acts like he is too good for them since he is a superhero now. He becomes a snob and becomes one of the stereotypical jerk superheroes. Will has a crush on one of the sidekick girls, Layla. But as soon as he becomes a superhero, he ignores her and acts like she does not mean anything to him. He instead falls in love with a girl named Gwen who's another superhero. He gets seduced by her because of her charming looks. She's portrayed as the perfect girlfriend for him because she's a superhero, attractive and she's the most popular girl in the school. It's ends up backfiring on him because Gwen was just using him and turned out to be an villain. Will fell for the attractive older high school superhero Gwen when he should have stayed with the shy, timid, and social awkward Layla because her style is more like him. Will didn't really know Gwen but he decided to date her because she helped him become popular and he liked the attention that everyone gave him.He got caught up on the popularity instead of staying true to his roots and morals.
In the end, Gwen tries to take over Sky High and the so called superheroes jerks helped her. With Gwen turning out to be a evil person and trying to take over Sky High, that shows that there’s no such thing as a perfect person like Will thought she was. He thought she was smart, pretty and perfect but as we know in life, no one is perfect and everyone is always hiding something. So the only people left to save the day are the sidekicks and Will. The sidekicks don't believe at first that they can stop the villains since their whole life they have been told that they are nothing and that they aren't true superheroes. In this scene, the sidekicks are frantic and Will has to convince all the sidekicks that they actually are super and that they can take down the villains. The sidekicks were always made fun of and said that they aren't actually "super" but at the end of the day, they saved everyone at Sky High. They showed everyone that sidekicks could be just like superheroes and that there shouldn't be such division between the two social classes.
EpicLadySpongeApr 6, 2016
A mix bag filled with so many laughs and then the random action scenes out of nowhere... and then Sky High enters Ground Low if neither laughs nor action is played out in the exact time it's supposed to come out.