Skyfall

7.6

1. Nov 10, 2012
    Bond the best movie so far. Amazing cast, Daniel Graig better than the previous 2 movies. But the film has some lazy moments like that Javier Bardem catch Bond and he escapes so easily. So I strongly recommend the movie.
  2. Nov 22, 2012
    Since Daniel Craig took the post of Bond, the agent is turning into a complex character, with psychological density. So the origin of 007 is being explored, and it's very good since it's a trend, it's happening with batman, spiderman(tobey maguire), green lantern, superman(man of steel) and others. And it's quite fun to see how James became a 007 and know about his history. Daniel Craig isSince Daniel Craig took the post of Bond, the agent is turning into a complex character, with psychological density. So the origin of 007 is being explored, and it's very good since it's a trend, it's happening with batman, spiderman(tobey maguire), green lantern, superman(man of steel) and others. And it's quite fun to see how James became a 007 and know about his history. Daniel Craig is the best Bond in my opinion, because he has updated the Bond franchise into movies with density, drama and critics, not just act like it was before. And besides, it's more dificult to interpretate a character in this conditions. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    Nothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myselfNothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myself in their shoes, as it wouldn't be quite honest. From a casual viewer's perspective though, let me reiterate: Skyfall is very, very good.

From the superb credit sequence (coming, as it seems to be a well-established habit by now, after a pretty long opening sequence), with its retro and yet quite modern graphical style, to the not surprising but still quite well orchestrated ending, the movie has more to offer than you'd expect and is potentially well capable of pleasing different kinds of audience.

To be honest, I didn't have very high expectations about the acting, which instead turned out to be first-class: Craig positively surprised me (now I know he's much more than the sexy, hunky, ladies-pleasing figurine he is also meant to be), and Bardem was just insanely good, as if the role (which may well be the case) was tailored right on him. Dench was also unquestionably an excellent choice, and I could go on praising basically the whole cast without fear of saying anything crazy.

The story is well constructed; nothing particularly new to the genre, but it does always maintain the right pace, without holes, haste or dragging of any kind. The opening sequence had me hum with undisguised disappointment for quite a while (it's a long one), as it's basically a long, much filmic chase riddled with a plethora of unnecessary explosions and quite ludicrous "in the very nick of time" moments. Not to mention the abuse of "bloody" in the first dialogues ('cause yes, we get it's the smallest things that help create an atmosphere, but insisting too much on some will threaten to break the suspension of disbelief). This all had me strongly hope that wasn't what I went to see.

Luckily, it wasn't. Not at all. Instead, I was treated with a fine, I'd say even classy, plot served with acumen and that touch of irony that, or at least so I am told, characterises the Bond movies as a series. Even I, as a non-fan, could appreciate a few nods to the long line of Bond gadgets from the older movies, gently touched on all along Skyfall. This never being too much, nor ever too blatant or insisting, and always done with a hint of irony, made a very good impression on me. And the fact that Skyfall doesn't take itself too seriously, though managing to remain "realistic" (or let's say plausible), is in my opinion one of the movie's big strengths.

A brief mention is also due, I think, to the soundtrack. Though never stellar (and much less effective if listened to off the movie), it manages to convey all it's supposed to in such a motion picture: tension when it's the case, a little distension at the right moments, and an overall sense of adventure, but on the classy and refined side. And the same be said about Adele's title song - again, from a non-fan but rather very casual listener: job very well done.

If someone had told me I'd be so pleased with a movie choice my girlfriend made (she got to pick it this time), I would've hardly believed it. Turns out she was so right I feel like I owe her something of a public apology. So here it is, and to all other readers I can't but give the banal advice: go see it, you won't regret it. And this is especially true (at least from my perspective) for non-fans, casual viewers, Bond first-timers, and all other conceivable categories falling out of the "Bond fan" tag.
  4. Nov 10, 2012
    I think when it comes to bond movies you think action suspense and cool gadgets. This movie had me glued and walked out happy. I'm not a huge bond fan but the guy from no country for old men the bad guy I forget his name. He was amazing in this movie.
  5. Nov 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, even after a week this movie is still quite fresh in mind. Pros: Javier Bardem, what can I say. A copycat of Heath Ledger's Joker, yet mixed in with a bit of Julian Assange and you get one of the creepiest, yet brilliant villains of all the Bond franchises. And so determined to kill a single person.

Judi really did a great job for her swan song. First time that M actually became a principal rather than a supporting, and she really gave a good impression.

Lots of sarcastic jokes interlaced in the movie. Depending on your tolerance this may be quite annoying to some but to me, the laughters in the cinema when I watched is testament enough.

This movie really came full circle of the reimaging of Bond. Daniel Craig is without doubt one of the best Bond's for the 21st century. Now you really can trace him evolving from a blunt, cold blooded assassin, to being the legend himself. You even get to see how certain characters have begun their lives in MI6 in this newer Bond

The plot was brilliantly layed out, yet unconvoluted unlike some movies that pretentiously use it as "complexity". You know what da Silva wants, but never know how it is to be implemented. Quite clever writing. And the theme of going old school, to outwit cyberterrorism is quite smartly written, going gritty ala Sean Connery days with lesser gadgets, more grit, with a few hiccups. You can also see the clash between Cold War attitudes vs. current liberalist post Wikileaks attitude as part of the theme. I didn't need to waste time recalling areas with plot holes, or if there are the escapism was intense enough to distract me.

Cons: Action. Because this movie tries to break free from QoS Bournification, it kinda overcompensated. No really memorable scenes came into mind. Part of it may come from the movie's tight budget, and it will be it's Achilles heel as action minded audiences will come out of there yawning and giving unfair criticisms. It all comes down to personal taste but come on, the old school movies that were so highly praised were not flamboyant in action too.

The third act. A precedent in Bond history as the villain..... doesn't die in a typical fashion. Anticlimactic, almost like Bane in TDKR. But at least he kept up the creepy up to the end and died with dignity. Furthermore there is a question of why he kept throwing grenades at a burning house instead of just storming in if he wants M, shouldn't more precision be used instead?

Product placement is very atrocious. You can see it in the pre-screening and some of it doesn't end up in the film, it ends up on the tie in game. Again a side effect of making a film on a tighter budget.

Bond MIA during his 3 months on a beach. First WTF was that 2 scene sex scene? Pointless. And whilsta subplot involves Bond getting shell-shocked with his work supposed to be in this movie, it was poorly expositioned. Pointless especially when he got on the 1st flight to London the second he heard MI6 was blown up. I think what Mendes was trying to do was to draw a comparison between Bond and da Silva given their similar circumstances, but this was so underdeveloped.

Bond's backstory was interesting. I want MORE, yet it was dangled out like a **** and stopped being mentioned by the beginning of act 3.

Thomas Newman did a fairly good job using older Bond music in action scenes, but Powell was better. At some point when the DB5 was blown up, the music goes upbeat as if to suggest it pissed Bond off. Inappropriate, only invocative to Bond fans, but just looks corny.

Naomie Harris is going to be a bit of a problem as Moneypenny. 1st she's a field op who thinks she can be at Bond's level. Any form of chemistry in the old Moneypennies is gone because it all hinges on Moneypenny being the (rather sexistly) damsel trying to get to Bond's heart. Even in the 80s to 90s Moneypenny is sarcastic but still charming. That doesn't work here since she can do what a field op can. Those flirty moments just doesn't work, no chemistry....

Conclusion: Superb movie, probably the best so far ,but compared to Casino Royale this one just missed by the skin of its teeth. The story is great, completes the saga, Adele was great, Bardem was memorable, but the action is lackluster, underused subplots and anticlimactic fights drags the movie a bit. It also will get shot by action-minded moviegoers interested in QoS or Rises, but for me its a thumbs up to the max. Here's to a fruitful career, Mr Craig.
  6. Dec 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyfail is all that can be said for the BOND experience in this film. The starting introduction was one of the best James Bond's I had seen. However this buzz quickly faded. The film began like the Matador (Pierce Brosnan) while finishing with a Home Alone ending. Every aspect of the classic James Bond was forgotten this was how they celebrated 50 years of James Bond. This films plot was awful and dire resulting in an invasion at home and HQ. From a double agent hacker, because hacking makes the world go around, and hacking explains the most unimaginable and can fill all the gap holes in very story from here China. The bond girl is Money Penny the assassin, instead of her classic secretarial evaluator role, or a Chinese prostitute who the heartless bond couldn't careless for and dies in 5 minutes, or the granny M. There was absolutely no Bond girl of any substance. There was no gadgets, and the classic Bond car gets blown up. The macho bond, who is intelligent, witty, savvy, and sophisticated gets all the hot girls, plays with all the cool toys, kills all the villains by using the cool moves, while doing his own stunts and looking awesome. No this image wasn't there at all. He is reduced to a drunken mess like in the Matador, the most erotic scene was with a queerish villain, Bond struggles with home invasion and has mommy issues. Q is also some spotty teenager this is why he didn't have any toys. The dynamic 's of the opening Bond song have changed and are replaced by Chinese dragons or some other visual scenery that is totally irrelevant instead of being about the entire film or its punchline. While missing mostly the silhouette of Bond Girls, Bond and Villains even. What a disappointment and a skyfail to JAMES BOND after 50 years. They have changed in through this film into something else the opposite. Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2012
    Two men chase each other across the rooftops of Istanbul, on motorcycles, and then fight each other atop a speeding train not to mention a beautiful woman watching it all and ready to come to the aid of the hero if need be and you are in a theatre watching the 24th film,
  8. Oct 13, 2015
    Connery is the ultimate Bond, Moore is the funny Bond, Dalton is the cool Bond, Brosnan is the suave Bond and Craig is... the ugly Bond?

I have no idea why they came up with the ludicrous idea to pick Craig as the new Bond and why they decided to make Bond movies so dark and boring. In this movie Craig is coming out of the closet as gay Bond. Javier Bardem wants to kill his rival M,

In this movie Craig is coming out of the closet as gay Bond. Javier Bardem wants to kill his rival M, who keeps stalking Bond and following him around on every mission. Bond will be his and his alone...

I was really happy when Judi Dench was finally killed of, that must have been the only positive thing about this otherwise dreadful movie. And I can't wait for the next actor to play the role of James Bond. It can't get any worse than this, can it?
  9. Nov 9, 2012
    It's a nice friend to see with your friends. Pretty nice and thrilling. The only drawback is that it tries a little too hard to be serious. Probably should have stuck with more action.
  10. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed the film, though I would have loved to have seen more of the primary bond girl. Only Casino Royale figured out how to feature a bond girl the way they did it with Eva Green. My primary criticism was that of the group setting up the house at Skyfall for the "uninvited guests" - seemed like a remake of the original Home Alone. That sequence pulled me out of the Bond universe for the first time in the film. I had fun with the movie - better than Quantum of Solace, not as good as Casino Royale (but that is a very high bar). Expand
  11. Nov 12, 2012
    This is not a James Bond movie. There is no intrigue or mystery whatsoever, very minimal globe trotting, no worthwhile woman character, flimsy plot, and really no James Bond - just a grumpy old dude. Halfway through the weakly conceived story the driving subject is largely abandoned to go all emotional with little to no effect. The villain sparks interest but is ultimately pedestrian asThis is not a James Bond movie. There is no intrigue or mystery whatsoever, very minimal globe trotting, no worthwhile woman character, flimsy plot, and really no James Bond - just a grumpy old dude. Halfway through the weakly conceived story the driving subject is largely abandoned to go all emotional with little to no effect. The villain sparks interest but is ultimately pedestrian as his scheme is underdeveloped and ridiculously minor. No, this is not "the best Bond ever," it's merely a failed attempt at using the modern "emotional superhero" template, which sometime works (See The Dark Knight) and sometimes fails miserably (See Superman Returns). Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very well done 007 movie. Perfectly spaced out between the action scenes and great CGI. Must see for any action fan. Saw this in IMAX 3D. Thought towards the end it was dragged out whenever the badguy was attacking the house and chasing the lady down. besides that its worth it. Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2012
    No Bond film will match up to "Casino Royale". It just can't be done. The villains were perfect, the writing was intelligent, Craig was great, Eva Green was the best Bond girl of all time and the emotional impact was thrilling. That being said, this is about as perfect a Bond movie as you could ever get. A vast improvement over the action-over-storyline "Quantum of Solace", "Skyfall"No Bond film will match up to "Casino Royale". It just can't be done. The villains were perfect, the writing was intelligent, Craig was great, Eva Green was the best Bond girl of all time and the emotional impact was thrilling. That being said, this is about as perfect a Bond movie as you could ever get. A vast improvement over the action-over-storyline "Quantum of Solace", "Skyfall" perfectly blends emotion and stylish action. Bardem is one of the most memorable villains in Bond history and Craig matches his performance. It's a near-perfect Bond film that ranks with the best in the history of the franchise. Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solid enjoyable movie until.... after the parliment scene with its false ending. The last 20 minutes are pointless and you leave feeling let down. To really enjoy the movie leave before the last 20 minutes and it will be great. Another director focused movie who doesn't have the self discipline to edit themselves. Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2012
    International locations: Check.
    Daniel Craig shirtless: Check.
    Nice looking cars: Check.
    Nice looking ladies: Check.
    Motorcycle chase: Check.
    Bulldozer crushing cars atop a speeding train: Check.
    Originality and inspiration: Still looking.
  16. Nov 12, 2012
    Sam Mendez's Bond is a reinvention of an old dog. Just when the series was getting tired he makes it something new and more daring; similar to What Christopher Nolan did to Batman. The film is nostalgic, funny, exciting and dramatic what more could I have asked for then a fun time at the movies.
  17. Nov 12, 2012
    For Bond fans, this is a solid movie. If you love the more serious Bond movies, this one should appeal greatly. If you looking for something along the lines of the Roger Moore era films, you will be disappointed. The reviews were people gave this a zero are being absurd. Skyfall is one of the best of the Bond movies in many ways. It does have issues, but all Bond films have issues. If youFor Bond fans, this is a solid movie. If you love the more serious Bond movies, this one should appeal greatly. If you looking for something along the lines of the Roger Moore era films, you will be disappointed. The reviews were people gave this a zero are being absurd. Skyfall is one of the best of the Bond movies in many ways. It does have issues, but all Bond films have issues. If you are looking for mindless action every five seconds, this is not for you. If you expect to see crazy gadgets, you will be disappointed. This is one of the more serious Bond movies and is a classic. Expand
  18. Jan 22, 2013
    Skyfall is a great new take on the James Bond franchise. It really explores the years of toll a life being James Bond would have on a person. It even explores Bond's origins and family life. A great undertaking for a franchise that is usually about giving you cheesy one-liners and large explosions for entertainment. We would get a lot more balance of storyline if every James Bond movie wasSkyfall is a great new take on the James Bond franchise. It really explores the years of toll a life being James Bond would have on a person. It even explores Bond's origins and family life. A great undertaking for a franchise that is usually about giving you cheesy one-liners and large explosions for entertainment. We would get a lot more balance of storyline if every James Bond movie was written this well. Probably one of my favorite Bond movies now. Expand
  19. Nov 18, 2012
    skyfall is such an awesome movie, that i literally had a heart attack (sort of). i hated the previous bond movies, because i thought that daniel craig sucked as james bond, because james bond is not really a character in the traditional sense. he's more of a tour through a magic land full of guns, one-liners, secret spies and lovely ladies. casino royale and quantum of solace tried to giveskyfall is such an awesome movie, that i literally had a heart attack (sort of). i hated the previous bond movies, because i thought that daniel craig sucked as james bond, because james bond is not really a character in the traditional sense. he's more of a tour through a magic land full of guns, one-liners, secret spies and lovely ladies. casino royale and quantum of solace tried to give him a back story, but ended up making him a gritty hardass that's no fun to watch at all. and that made me think that i could never love this new james bond. but after having seen this movie, i know that they weren't bad because they tried to give bond a back story, but because they made a poor attemt to give bond a back story. this james bond brings the same fun i remember from the classics, and the back story didn't impede that at all! in fact, it elevates the previous movies to a certain extend. skyfall is a great action movie, but it's especially good to finally have james bond back. Expand
  20. Nov 29, 2012
    Its not a typical Bond film. Its good without a doubt, but lacks in the cheesy goofiness department that defined many of the previous Bond movies. I personally like the darker realism of the movie.
  21. Nov 18, 2012
    Awesome action flick - Not a Bond Movie.
    Awesome action flick - Not a Bond Movie.
    This is definitely the best bond movie staring Daniel Craig but it still does not give me the vibe of a true Bond film. It's does not give out the vibe the pre- Daniel Craig Bond films did, key elements are missing such as the feeling of adventure or making Bond a likeable character to the audience. When watching the old bond movies you actually want to be bond and overall the movie made you feel happy. These new Daniel Craigs are darker and different, not holding to their true ancestor films, so when you watch the film don't go in with a mindset of watching another Bond movie (because it's not), just take it like a really well made Action / Drama movie. Skyfall is very well made, great lighting, scenes, characters, sound and especially story. Javier Bardem was perfectly selected for the role of the villain and will be hard to forget long after watching. Overall if you want to see a very good movie and let me stress not a James Bond movie watch skyfall, you shouldn't be disappointed.
  22. Nov 17, 2012
    This bond film was different from the others. This, in my opinion, means that it is better and worse in some ways, for one simple reason - there are less chases and typical bond scenes and the film is much deeper and thought-provoking because of this. This made the film more adult which was good but I still missed typical bond scenes. This is a really good film that will appeal to a widerThis bond film was different from the others. This, in my opinion, means that it is better and worse in some ways, for one simple reason - there are less chases and typical bond scenes and the film is much deeper and thought-provoking because of this. This made the film more adult which was good but I still missed typical bond scenes. This is a really good film that will appeal to a wider audience, however hardcore fans may be disappointed. Expand
  23. Nov 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the worst Bond imho. Most of my reasons are:

Main villains in Bond movies have crazy world crushing plots with machines of massive power and destruction, not a hacker in a room full of servers. QoS for example: controlling a water supply, brilliant! not some hacker scheme, Anonymous is already doing that.

You don't go blowing up a vintage Bond car for the fun of it. Watch the opening car chase of QoS and tell me it's not awesome. Even the rooftop bike chase was a ripoff of the rooftop running chase from QoS.

A huge stone house in Ireland doesn't blow up and burn like it's full of gasoline and made of dry timber.

Javier Bardem should not have been the villain, it should have been a lesser known actor, and his opening rant was far too wordy and childish.

The new Q was a joke, most of his on screen time was blundering around with his giant screen contributing nothing to Bond's journey.

So many predictable plot turns and scenes, I almost forgot it was a Bond flick.

I walked into that theater with such high hopes and walked out shaking my head saying "what were they thinking when they made this".

Now reading comments on Twitter and the 007 facebook page, people just wearing rose coloured glasses cause it's "Bond" and we're told to like that guy.

I believe it's a sad turn for the franchise.
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    While it's easily one of the best movies I've seen all year, I can definitely see why people might be turned off by how it all played out. First the good: another great performance by Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem delivers one of the best bond villains I've seen in a VERY long time. He really steals the show and the only problem with his role was how little he was actually in the movie.While it's easily one of the best movies I've seen all year, I can definitely see why people might be turned off by how it all played out. First the good: another great performance by Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem delivers one of the best bond villains I've seen in a VERY long time. He really steals the show and the only problem with his role was how little he was actually in the movie. You don't see him till at least an hour into the movie. Daniel Craig does a fine job, as he has in the past two movies, and Ben Whishaw's Q was very well done. Overall it was a very well acted movie and the characters really carried the movie here. The plot was kinda sketchy but serviceable. The biggest problem with this movie, to me, was the super slow pacing of the film. Sitting at 2.5 hours, you would think there would be alot going on plotwise but there are only a few things that happen here and there with alot of talking done in the middle. While the dialogue and action scenes were good, it just felt like more could have been done with those 2.5 hours. Plus with the lack of a true Bond girl, of which neither of the two leading ladies could be classified as, M sorta took on that role in a different light than what we are used to seeing in the past. It was different and I see where they were going it but it just doesn't do anything for me. They could have done something special with either of the other two girls in the movie but they just didn't pursue it. But it's still a great movie and one of the best movies to be released in the past few months. It probably won't win many rewards but it's still a great experience. Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2012
    Sympathy for the Devil

Sympathy for the Devil

Sam Mendes' James Bond makes the mistake of making the villain more compelling than the hero. Javier Bardem, only introduced a hour into the film, is so convincing as the bad guy, he makes the rest of the film seem very contrived. The film talks modernity through 1950's clipped Oxbridge tones. Dench, Fiennes, Wilshaw - it's Cameron toffs that dominate the screen. Only the plumber with the 00 prefix sounds 'working class' and he is a Scottish Laird -- even the black Moneypenny seems to have attended at last a Redbrick and Roedean. It starts well enough,with Bond killed by friendly fire. Then, without a word of explanation, he returns. How? A plot to kill M is hatched by deranged former agent Bardem.Trouble is, I found myself cheering him on. Wrong, huh? I preferred the emotional roller coaster of Casino Royale to this - I cared more about Bond and Vesper than Bond and M. Too much jingoism as well. I'd kill M too if I were in the service - heartless ****
  26. Nov 10, 2012
    Perhaps not cinema greatness, it is no doubt a great Bond film.Yes, those thrilling yet ludicrous
    moments are still there, but the overly facetious,sophisticated Bond of old is now owned by Craig----
    humanly flawed and vulnerable, yet retaining that knifey edge----- that icy aura of danger. Exotic locales; a deliciously wicked villain; stunning cinematography; and a compelling,
    locales; a deliciously wicked villain; stunning cinematography; and a compelling, SUSPENSEFUL
    plot deliver a movie that's great fun but something more------ something too rare in films today;
    it resonates.
  27. Nov 11, 2015
    Batman meets home alone, thats how you can describe this movie. Don't like Craig except in Casino Royale. He is too cool and doesn't have classic bond charisma.
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    The movie has all the elements of a James Bond movie. Cool dude. I like it that the new Q is now a youngster, just in keeping with the times - the typical geek is a teen or a twenty-something. The mixture of new and old is great. Loved it.
  29. Nov 21, 2012
    This film is excellent, a must see for any Bond fan or for anyone who just loves a good action film. All the major aspects of the franchise are here, incredible action, gorgeous women, exotic locations and they're all pulled off brilliantly. One of the things I loved the most about this film was how it often gave nods to the classic bond films of the past, almost to the point of spoofingThis film is excellent, a must see for any Bond fan or for anyone who just loves a good action film. All the major aspects of the franchise are here, incredible action, gorgeous women, exotic locations and they're all pulled off brilliantly. One of the things I loved the most about this film was how it often gave nods to the classic bond films of the past, almost to the point of spoofing yet the film still managed to fresh and new and modern. Daniel Craig has really settled into the role and gives a brilliant performance, which is vital seeing as this one of the most personal stories for 007 there has ever been. The rest of the cast are also brilliant with Judi Dench giving everything in her best performance as M and Ben Whishaw being a very welcome addition as Q. Javier Bardem also gives a great performance as the villain for the film, and while I did feel he came across as a bit too strange and non-threatening at first my opinion had definitely changed by the time the credits roled. As for the bad stuff, well I think the the only real problem with Skyfall is that it seems to drag on a bit during the second act, I felt like there were some scenes that could have been cut for time and that the script, while brilliantly written for the most part, wasn't paced quite well enough to suit the running time. But that is no reason to not see this film! Expand
  30. Nov 23, 2012
    I've been a Bond fan for quite some time, and consider Skyfall to be one of my favorite. Some of the scenes are a little long, but overall it was still scripted well. There was a little less action and gadgets than expected, but it's better than being over the top. I also enjoyed the subtle bits of comedy, which had most of the viewers in the cinema laughing. Definitely the best Bond filmI've been a Bond fan for quite some time, and consider Skyfall to be one of my favorite. Some of the scenes are a little long, but overall it was still scripted well. There was a little less action and gadgets than expected, but it's better than being over the top. I also enjoyed the subtle bits of comedy, which had most of the viewers in the cinema laughing. Definitely the best Bond film Daniel Craig has been cast in so far. Expand
  31. Nov 25, 2012
    Something didn't seem right with this bond. There were lots of very quiet areas and there weren't those scenes that you say to yourself that is insane. That is what makes bond interesting. It just seemed like a typical action film.
  32. Nov 10, 2012
    I am baffled by the gushing praise for this movie. I like Craig, who is once again a more convincing and human Bond than his predecessors, and the script has its merits. The dialogue is actually interesting and convincing, at many points, rather than just serving as filler between action scenes, as had been the formula in previous Bond films. That said, I thought the action deliveredI am baffled by the gushing praise for this movie. I like Craig, who is once again a more convincing and human Bond than his predecessors, and the script has its merits. The dialogue is actually interesting and convincing, at many points, rather than just serving as filler between action scenes, as had been the formula in previous Bond films. That said, I thought the action delivered nothing new, the villain was well-acted but utterly formulaic, and the film just devolved into predictable mediocrity once it shifted to a hackneyed assault-the-house scene in Scotland. Overall, an underwhelming experience. Expand
  33. Nov 12, 2012
    There a lot of things I would like to say about the New James Bond Movie skyfall. This movie isn't the best movie of the year, but it is really impact with so much action, and so much thrill, which never seems to stop, right from the beginning to the very end of the movie. Daniel Craig adds so much life to the Bond Character. The movie is a little confusing from the very beginning, becauseThere a lot of things I would like to say about the New James Bond Movie skyfall. This movie isn't the best movie of the year, but it is really impact with so much action, and so much thrill, which never seems to stop, right from the beginning to the very end of the movie. Daniel Craig adds so much life to the Bond Character. The movie is a little confusing from the very beginning, because the sniper bullet that struck James, never kills him it went right through him and he never took his life, very confusing, this movie is definitely a real thrill ride, and it is worth every penny I paid to watch it. If you want action and fun see Skyfall, and you will not definitely be disappointed, in my opinion. I love those Brits. Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2012
    The action set pieces are thrilling; the opening sequence was very much Bond. It was followed immediately by Adele's brilliant contribution to the soundtrack during the title sequence. As good as all the action was, the best scene was the introduction of the villian, Silva, portrayed wonderfully by Bardem. While it doesn't have the emotional depth of Casino Royale, it is still one of theThe action set pieces are thrilling; the opening sequence was very much Bond. It was followed immediately by Adele's brilliant contribution to the soundtrack during the title sequence. As good as all the action was, the best scene was the introduction of the villian, Silva, portrayed wonderfully by Bardem. While it doesn't have the emotional depth of Casino Royale, it is still one of the best Bond films and one of the best movies of the year. Expand
  35. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing. Simply amazing. I've seen almost every James Bond film, and this stays true to the critic's reviews - "Best Bond yet." How could you not like this movie? True James Bond style. The movie had a Dark Knight feel to it. James Bond and Raoul Silva felt similar to Batman and The Joker in a way. Anyway, the story was powerful even with the lackluster death/ending Structure was great even though I'm sure some negative views on here will say "oh he should have died here and then again there, and he didn't it was unrealistic." Well, shut up. That's James Bond style, that's why it is the way it is. Regardless, the movie was amazing, and I hope to see it again, and will be buying when it releases on Blu-Ray. Expand
  36. Nov 17, 2012
    Best James Bond Movie Yet Bond Girl didn't last to long but other than that the movie is good. This Movie had the best opening in the history of the Franchise
  37. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Mixes up the bond formula in a good way.
  38. Nov 10, 2012
    Firstly, and this isn't a spoiler, but when James Bond and Kincaide are out practicing shooting, didn't Kincaide have two black labrador dogs by his side? You never saw them again - what happened to them? OK, summary - not the best JB movie, but not the worst. It was more like a suspense movie with some action sequences thrown in, with the best one right at the beginning, which wasFirstly, and this isn't a spoiler, but when James Bond and Kincaide are out practicing shooting, didn't Kincaide have two black labrador dogs by his side? You never saw them again - what happened to them? OK, summary - not the best JB movie, but not the worst. It was more like a suspense movie with some action sequences thrown in, with the best one right at the beginning, which was outstanding - like "Taken 2", it seems that the rooftops in Istanbul are irresistible to goodies and baddies chasing each other either on foot or on motorbikes. It was a great scene and a great opening.

As for the film in general, there was WAY too much talking, way too much focus on M, in fact, it seemed more like a movie about HER with JB as her sidekick. Way too many closeups - we don't need to see their pores or every wrinkle - back up a little please, it didn't add anything to the movie, and if anything detracted from it. It was hard to believe this was a JB movie - I remember the days when it was FUN going to see a JB movie, you were taken out of your world, shown gadgets that were beyond your imagination, people were out to take over the world, and JB was the hero who was never affected by anything, maybe he got a few scrapes and bruises but he never got shot or tortured, he was always after the most beautiful girl in the room, and was, it seemed, invincible. THAT"S the JB I want to see - I don't want to be presented with a movie where they're trying to make him real, make the audience relate to him or understand him or feel sorry for him, or have him age (poorly I might add)0 - I want escapism, I want to know that a forever-youthful or at least non-aging JB will save the world and only have a scratch on his face for all his efforts, after using countless gadgets that we in the real world couldn't even dream of - and I think that these JB movies have lost their way in this regard. There were so many holes in this plot too - how did the villain escape out of that glass enclosure, for example? One minute he's in there, obviously more securely encased than Hannibel Lector in his cage - next thing he's out and free with two dead guards on the ground, and yet we don't know how he escaped. So poorly done. I was so disappointed that the grand finale was simply a gunfight - yes, a helicopter was involved and it was well filmed, but still - just a gun fight? Nothing clever or James Bondish or "MI6" ish at all - just guns and explosives, like any group of baddies in an action film - and throughout the film, the most exciting gadgets that were introduced were a gun that would only fire if JB held it (the handle was palm-print sensitive - but worse than that, it didn't blow up if someone else tried to fire it - all that happened was that it wouldn't work - I mean, how unimaginative is that?) and a small "radio" that gave off JB's location if he pressed a button. Futuristic? Creative? A gadget JB would be proud of? I think not. I must admit that the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (after having read the pretty awful reviews), but as I already wrote, there was far too much talking, far too few action scenes and far too much focus on M. JB seemed to struggle in this, and yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah about him getting old, but we don't go to JB to see an aging actor or agent struggling to keep up - I'm going for some escapism! Some wild, fun excitement and a glimpse into a secret department that has top of the line weapons and gadgets to use against the forces of evil. I don't want to know that the best they can do is a palm-printed gun that only fires when JB holds it. I mean, come on, can't you do better than that?
    I also must say that if I had seen it in a regular movie theater, I would have given it a 4 out of 10. I saw it in 2D at the Imax, with a massive screen and great sound - so that definitely added to it, which is why I gave it a 6. This was no JB movie to me, it was a suspense movie with some action shots, it didn't even have the same amount of action as a "Bourne Identity" type movie - there was some bad acting, too much talking (in case you missed that, there is a LOT of talking), very little in the way of thrills, too much focus on M, too many closeups, some amazing scenery, and Daniel Craig struggling to make it through. He tried, but I think it was very average. Next week I will have forgotten all about it. Heck, by tomorrow morning I will have forgotten about it. JB deserves better.
  39. Nov 24, 2012
    I've always been a Bond fan. To start off, Pierce Brosnan is the best. He had gadgets, the original Q and a sense of charm and wit. The Danial Craig Bond is emotionless and dry at times. That being said I have still loved all three of his movies so far. If I had to rate them in order Skyfall is at the top then Casino Royal and then Quantum of Solace. I hope people can agree they shouldI've always been a Bond fan. To start off, Pierce Brosnan is the best. He had gadgets, the original Q and a sense of charm and wit. The Danial Craig Bond is emotionless and dry at times. That being said I have still loved all three of his movies so far. If I had to rate them in order Skyfall is at the top then Casino Royal and then Quantum of Solace. I hope people can agree they should have never made the plot personal. Skyfall is an amazing movie. It does not have too many screen changes all throughout like Quantum did. It actually focuses on a well thought out story and balances action with the slower paced moments. This movie is definitely worth buying and seeing in theaters if you haven't yet. Expand
  40. Nov 14, 2012
    Truly an outstanding 007 film-one of the best I think. The best part was watching the bad guy getting paddled in a public square with his head and hands in stocks & him sans false teeth while wearing nothing but a tiny cowboy hat. Well, all joking aside it really was a great film...Worth seeing more than once. They did feature an actual island called Hashima that is off the coast ofTruly an outstanding 007 film-one of the best I think. The best part was watching the bad guy getting paddled in a public square with his head and hands in stocks & him sans false teeth while wearing nothing but a tiny cowboy hat. Well, all joking aside it really was a great film...Worth seeing more than once. They did feature an actual island called Hashima that is off the coast of Japan-not China-saying it had been claimed by the films bad guy when in reality it had been a mining colony that had been closed c.1960 after the deposit they had been mining was mined out. I once saw a documentary on it made by someone who had lived there as a child. Interesting. That oversight does not take away from the film though-it is a strong enough idea. Great ending with a few good twists....go see it -you won't be disappointed. Expand
  41. Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe there are lots of The Dark Knight elements and there is no exploring in some characters, but the spectacular acting (I think Javier Bardem will win another Oscar), good action and funny moments makes Skyfall still an interesting and sexy blockbuster.
  42. Nov 17, 2012
    To be honest I had never seen another Bond movie before but when I went last night with some friends to see it, the screen definitely lit up. The story and how it led to the ending was magnificent and I truly enjoyed the new addition to the franchise and cannot wait for the next one, for I am sure it will come back guns blazing 007 style. The only thing that actually bugged me were a fewTo be honest I had never seen another Bond movie before but when I went last night with some friends to see it, the screen definitely lit up. The story and how it led to the ending was magnificent and I truly enjoyed the new addition to the franchise and cannot wait for the next one, for I am sure it will come back guns blazing 007 style. The only thing that actually bugged me were a few minor details that the average person won't spot, so definitely one of my favorite movies. Collapse
  43. Nov 21, 2012
    Incredible film, Craig is the best bonds ever. The film is great, keeps a viewer confused enough for it to be a JB film while allowing the plot to develop enough to keep viewers entertained. A truly magical performance...
  44. Nov 22, 2012
    Skyfall is one of the most surprising Bonds to me. It features original plot twists and adds a new kind of film to the franchise. Although it picks up what seems to be trending motifs in cinema now (compare Die Hard 4.0 and Dark Knight Rises), it is still a well executed film. The characters are excellent (especially Bond, M and the villain) and aside from the "hacking" part (which isSkyfall is one of the most surprising Bonds to me. It features original plot twists and adds a new kind of film to the franchise. Although it picks up what seems to be trending motifs in cinema now (compare Die Hard 4.0 and Dark Knight Rises), it is still a well executed film. The characters are excellent (especially Bond, M and the villain) and aside from the "hacking" part (which is typically ridiculous in films nowadays and one of the biggest flaws in the logic of this film), the story is interesting to the audience, revealing flaws in the protagonists and their system. Whereas I was disappointed by A Quantum of Solace, Skyfall lives up to the freshness of Casino Royale and dares to take new paths for Bond and the MI6 again. Expand
  45. Nov 28, 2012
    Featuring awe-inspiring cinematography, fantastically well written - and acted - characters, an absorbing story, brilliant set pieces, and an utterly gorgeous score, "Skyfall" marks an undeniable high note within one of cinema's most treasured franchises.
  46. Dec 5, 2012
    nitpick of 4th December forgot to give a score. I reckon 2 will have to do..
    Too violent, too loud and too frazzled what with psychobabble being used to 'stiffen' the utter brutality of the anti-hero..
    PS. The 'hero', Craig, was totally devoid of charm and what elegance he possessed was superfluous.
    Broccoli team should retire in toto!!
  47. Dec 7, 2012
    Generally, Bond movies are all about being the Alpha male, awesome action scenes, cool gadgets, fancy cars, beautiful women, and devious evil antagonists. Well, that IS the case with Skyfall. However, for me it was really pretty blah in terms of the overall feel of the movie. It felt slow, and perhaps that's what they were going for to reflect how Bond has slowed with age, but it was TOOGenerally, Bond movies are all about being the Alpha male, awesome action scenes, cool gadgets, fancy cars, beautiful women, and devious evil antagonists. Well, that IS the case with Skyfall. However, for me it was really pretty blah in terms of the overall feel of the movie. It felt slow, and perhaps that's what they were going for to reflect how Bond has slowed with age, but it was TOO slow in some parts. And it jumped around a lot more than I think other Bond movies have. I watched this in the movie theater, as I usually do for big action films, and honestly I think it's not really worth the admission price. Wait for it to go on Netflix or DVD. I love the Bond movies, they're awesome, but this one falls short of that awesome by a wide margin. It's simply... decent. It has a lot of elements we've come to expect, but it does try to make itself stand out by trying to bring a more modern feel to the whole thing -- Bond is older, actual "boots on the ground" is not as necessary with the advent of the Internet and rise of technology, which causes a whole host of major problems, the main problem of the story centering on that. The only saving grace for me is the acting of Javier Bardem. The critics have said it, and many have agreed, that whenever he and Daniel Craig are in a scene he STEALS the scene. His acting is superb and the character he portrays is truly brought to life. As far as the rest of the cast... I did not agree with who they got for the other roles. References to past Bond movies were nice, but felt forced. Also, I did not feel an emotional connection with Bond even though it was clear they were trying to get the audience to feel sorry and sad for him. Expand
  48. Dec 9, 2012
    2nd only to Casino Royale, Bond is back and kicking ass. Daniel Craig is certainly the best J B and Sam Mendes directs with confidence a film that has its sights firmly set on being more than just another action movie, although in this department the film certainly doesn't disappoint with some very impressive special visual effects. The writing too offers a rather more complex set of2nd only to Casino Royale, Bond is back and kicking ass. Daniel Craig is certainly the best J B and Sam Mendes directs with confidence a film that has its sights firmly set on being more than just another action movie, although in this department the film certainly doesn't disappoint with some very impressive special visual effects. The writing too offers a rather more complex set of characters and elicited one genuine gasp from this viewer. Javier Bardem as the villain is also allowed to have fun with the role and his interrogation scene of Bond is delicious in going where no Bond film has gone before. Adele's them song is an added bonus. Great entertainment. Expand
  49. Nov 7, 2015
    Well, in 2015 this web-site told me that this movie is 'new or notable' so I decided to write a review. It's not good. There're so many movies about 007 (LOTS) that I'd rather call it cliche than something new. Not good at all.
  50. Mar 20, 2015
    'Skyfall' is a Bond movie that was worth the wait, after getting off to a fantastic start with 'Casino Royale' (2006) proving that Daniel Craig is the James Bond for the 21st century. But then 'Quantum of Solace' (2008) came in, and while I don't think that it's the worst "Bond" movie I saw, I still didn't like it.

Thankfully, Oscar winning British director Sam Mendes who gave us great

Thankfully, Oscar winning British director Sam Mendes who gave us great movies like 'American Beauty' (1999) and 'Road to Perdition' (2002) (which Daniel Craig did co-star in) is sitting in the director's chair for this one and gives us the most visually stunning Bond movie I've seen in a while.

Daniel Craig plays yet again another struggling James Bond who is more of a physical wreck and cannot perform in the field, but is brought back by M (Judi Dench) simply because she cannot trust anybody else.

The main villain is played by Javier Bardem who was absolutely great in 'No Country for Old Men' (2007) and uses that talent in this movie to the very best.

Plus, I am not a huge Adele fan, in fact, I do find most of her songs to be very depressing...but "Skyfall" is actually one of my favorite songs and of all Adele songs out there, that's the only one I like.

The cast also includes Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Winshaw and Albert Finney. This is James Bond going back to the traditional roots, the one we remember from the past and has now officially come back. This is one of the most explosive Bond movies in the franchise. After 23 movies, and over 50 years of different Bonds in different adventures...this had me riveted from start to finish.

One of the best "Bond" movies I've seen in a long time.
  51. Nov 7, 2015
    Del montón, simplemente. Tanto bombo,tanta soplagaitez, para esto. Una pelicula dirigida en plan "uh uh vamos a imitar a Nolan que esta de moda" y simplemente es eso una moda.

Me gusto bastante el rollo que se cascaron con Casino Royale, que junto con Goldeneye, es de las mejores de James Bond, darle un toque mas real y mas actual a Bond sin violar sus origenes, con Quantum por culpa de la torpeza e incompetencia del director hacen una pelicula con quizas la mejor reinterpretacion de Spectra, tirada a la basura, y viene esta Skyfall, que simplemente me parece....mediocrilla.

Spoiler:

-Primero de todo te la venden como la nueva obra maestra, la gran pelicula de Bond, simplemente porque tiene una parte, la ultima que la han hecho diferente, pero el 90% de la peli, es una peli random de Bond y no de las mejores.
    -El villano Javier Bardem, algunos iluminadillos o tontopollas como se les quiera llamar han dicho que es el mejor villano de Bond,Su Joker, Su Lex Luthor.... vamos no me toqueis los cojones, si es un villano de opereta estrambotico, que tiene a M a huevo mil veces para matarla y no lo hace. Y esa ultima parte lo del "estas herida", "matemonos los 2", si tanto la odias puto gilipollas le pegas un tiro y te piras.

Estando Blofeld, Scaramanga, Dr.No, Goldfinger, Alec Trevelyan, **** Galore, este mierdecilla esta al nivel del Coreano del trasplante de ADN

-Una genialidad lo del caseron y el pasado de Bond?...Hola? alguno ha visto asalto a la comisaria del distrito 13 o Perros de paja? y ya ves tu, lo del pasado lo que dice el guardes y la tumba de sus padres....

-Lo unico que me ha llamado la atencion y salvo de la quema, es el nuevo M (Ralph Fiennes tiene potencial) y el regreso de Q

Mediocridad Sobrevalorada
  52. Nov 8, 2015
    Not the best James Bond film, but with a great first 30 minutes, it delivers. I've actually seen this before Spectre, though I put my review later. I loved Spectre, and I thought this one was a little more boring, but still fun. The action sequences are the same as before, but the first 30 minutes is what the movie should have been like. Also, the ending was fine, just too long.
  53. Dec 22, 2012
    "Skyfall", the latest entry into the long line of 007 thrillers is a disappointment to not only Bond fans but moviegoers in general. Directed by Sam Mendes the film stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem and Naomi Harris in this dark, ill conceived and frankly, but for extraordinary special effects, boring film. To paraphrase Lloyd Benson in his famous admonition of Dan Quayle, "Mr."Skyfall", the latest entry into the long line of 007 thrillers is a disappointment to not only Bond fans but moviegoers in general. Directed by Sam Mendes the film stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem and Naomi Harris in this dark, ill conceived and frankly, but for extraordinary special effects, boring film. To paraphrase Lloyd Benson in his famous admonition of Dan Quayle, "Mr. Craig, I've seen Sean Connery as Bond and you're no Sean Connery". Ian Fleming's concept of a spy with a flair for the playful, humorous and witty engagements as he saves the world from various evils is the thing the writers of this latest film fail to get or understand. The film as a screenplay, is neither plausible in its plot scenes nor is it clever in its execution. The Harry Saltzman/Albert Broccoli formula these two geniuses developed over the years and throughout the history of this epic franchise are lost in this movie and the casting of Mr. Craig still continues to amaze me. As fine an actor as he is, Mr. Craig just doesn't fit the mold that Messrs. Connery, Moore and Brosnahan were able to cast. This is a problem which frequently arises when an actor and the character they portray in sequel after sequel become so embedded in the minds of the audience that to separate one often harms the other. Basil Rathbone will always be the real Sherlock Holmes, George Sanders will always be the real Falcon (even tho his brother, Tom Conway, tried to fill his shoes) and, alas for Mr. Craig and the owners of the franchise, the same fate seems to be befalling them as well. I give the film a 5.0 rating for its special effects and the chance to hear Adele sing the background song. Beyond that it seems that more than the "sky" fell in the ratings for this film. Expand
  54. BKM
    Apr 4, 2013
    I've never been a big fan of the James Bond series, so my review of the film is biased right from the get go. Still I was a bit surprised at what Sam Mendes had to offer up at the helm of the latest entry. Skyfall finds 007 trying to find his place in a modern world where computer hacking is a more powerful tool than disguises and fancy gadgets. More importantly, the film explores theI've never been a big fan of the James Bond series, so my review of the film is biased right from the get go. Still I was a bit surprised at what Sam Mendes had to offer up at the helm of the latest entry. Skyfall finds 007 trying to find his place in a modern world where computer hacking is a more powerful tool than disguises and fancy gadgets. More importantly, the film explores the notion of whether or not the intelligence game has become antiquated and what it has cost those who play it. But in spite of the film's commendable artistic ambitions, it's ultimately too cool and lethargic for its own good. Expand
  55. Nov 20, 2012
    A great movie nonetheless with an excellent theme song and great action, but with some boring scenes, a gun-barrel at the end of the movie that doesn't fit right and a plot that looked like it went mission impossible. It's been four years before a comeback drew more attention to this.
  56. Lyn
    Dec 30, 2012
    Nice to take a break from the blockbusters with Life Lessons and enjoy one that just tries to be a good action flick. Daniel Craig -- superb actor who still doesn't seem like James Bond or even look that great in a tuxedo (!) -- fits this story line a little better, with its themes of aging & weathering change. Great action sequences & special effects ... but gotta say I was not feelingNice to take a break from the blockbusters with Life Lessons and enjoy one that just tries to be a good action flick. Daniel Craig -- superb actor who still doesn't seem like James Bond or even look that great in a tuxedo (!) -- fits this story line a little better, with its themes of aging & weathering change. Great action sequences & special effects ... but gotta say I was not feeling Javier Bardem as the villain. Perhaps the one Life Lesson was that burly Spaniards shouldn't try the bleached-blond-and-effeminate look. Expand
  57. Nov 24, 2012
    Skyfall ... Definitivamente una de las mejores Películas modernas del legendario 007. Es una contante voragine de acción, pero no solo eso, ya que ademas se producen cambios importantes dentro de sus personajes, que permiten darle consistencia a lo que uno espera como evolución del Agente Secreto Favorito de todos, y que con Daniel Craig han modernizado y hacerlo masSkyfall ... Definitivamente una de las mejores Películas modernas del legendario 007. Es una contante voragine de acción, pero no solo eso, ya que ademas se producen cambios importantes dentro de sus personajes, que permiten darle consistencia a lo que uno espera como evolución del Agente Secreto Favorito de todos, y que con Daniel Craig han modernizado y hacerlo mas creíble. Muy recomendable si te gusta la accion y, obvio, el 007. Expand
  58. Nov 25, 2012
    My first James Bond movie was Casino Royale, which I saw in preparation for the upcoming flick Quantom of Solace. With the first Daniel Craig movie I liked the whole bit where Bond is trying to figure out what
  59. Dec 29, 2012
    It is hard to fault the brilliant direction of Mendes. It is even harder to imagine a better performance than that of Javier Bardem as the villain. But take the opening high adrenaline sequence away and there is little left of a Bond film and more of an artful drama.
  60. Nov 19, 2012
    I have mixed feeling about this film. Overall, I was disappointed and the main reason was that the nothing was developed to make it really interesting. Let's start with the villain. Bardem is a great actor but you need some back ground to make him villainious. They actually did have some of the best scenes in the movie when Bond meets Bardem. However, there is no depth given to how heI have mixed feeling about this film. Overall, I was disappointed and the main reason was that the nothing was developed to make it really interesting. Let's start with the villain. Bardem is a great actor but you need some back ground to make him villainious. They actually did have some of the best scenes in the movie when Bond meets Bardem. However, there is no depth given to how he becomes a villain and little face time with Bond. The same with the new Q. He just shows up. The plot has no depth either. We get little of Bond except in the first scene working on this. The movie really becomes about him protecting M and that really is not that interesting. The final scene reminded me of "Strawdogs" but without the tension or excitement. I had hopes for this series when they got rid of Roger Moore and the supervilian with the hugh fight scene at his hidden lair. However, the improvements are marginal with each new film and that takes several years. I don't know if I can wait for them to put an entire film together that is entertaining. Expand
  61. Nov 7, 2015
    Another intelligent Bond film with Daniel Craig making a strong case as the best Bond of the franchise. Whether you agree with that idea or not, Skyfall is an incredibly smart thriller that never sacrifices plot development for action, and never action for plot. The pace of the movie is great. I loved Casino Royale and Skyfall stands side-by-side with that. Well done!
  62. Nov 19, 2012
    The 50th anniversary of the James Bond series is acknowledged in this latest installment. Not literally, but in a thematic approach that pits human skills and basic weapons against technology and 21st century tactics. The villain (a blonde Javier Bardem) has devised a lame plot to release the names of spies and a bigger mission to destroy M (Judi Dench). Meanwhile, Bond (Daniel Craig)The 50th anniversary of the James Bond series is acknowledged in this latest installment. Not literally, but in a thematic approach that pits human skills and basic weapons against technology and 21st century tactics. The villain (a blonde Javier Bardem) has devised a lame plot to release the names of spies and a bigger mission to destroy M (Judi Dench). Meanwhile, Bond (Daniel Craig) hasn't fully recovered from the opening sequence (the best action in the film). There are a few other passable encounters, but nothing spectacular. The locales are sufficiently attractive and the new ladies are a minor attraction, but this one relies more on character and discussion than on traditional 007 style and fun. Intellectually, it's an interesting exercise, but is that why what we want from 007? Expand
  63. Nov 17, 2012
    I'd give this a solid 4.5/5

Increadible movie. Fans of the Bond series will love it but newcomers might not. I loved every second of this film. Bond is such a great character and he is very well portrayed by Craig. Dialogues are great and the cinematography and shots are just well shot. This film focuses a lot on character but it doesn't get distracted by them if that makes any sense.
    I'd give this a solid 4.5/5

although the script and story were great I can't say that the plot and structure is great either. Some of the things at the end of act 2 and beginning of act 3 was just kind of mediocre and done "too fast". The villain is kind of predictable around this stage. I was waiting for sth more elaborate than what happened. Some action sequences, as i said, are pretty bad at times and it's very distracting. However those bad moments are saved by the great cameos and character moments which are very fascinating and intriguing
  64. Nov 20, 2012
    as someoneone who was introduced to bond during the pierce brosnan age, i found this a very commendable film. it no longer takes itself stupidly serious like the other 2 newer films (well there are some serious parts). it also once again returnst to beautiful settings like the previous 2 films never did
  65. Nov 28, 2012
    Not as a good as Casino Royal, for sure. This Bond movie felt like several stories mashed together (or several scripts?), and though long, seemed to be missing the real character moments/buildup of stakes. There were a few too many action sequences that probably could've been taken out. Even with that, still a good movie--Craig as Bond really makes up for a lot and Bardem is always greatNot as a good as Casino Royal, for sure. This Bond movie felt like several stories mashed together (or several scripts?), and though long, seemed to be missing the real character moments/buildup of stakes. There were a few too many action sequences that probably could've been taken out. Even with that, still a good movie--Craig as Bond really makes up for a lot and Bardem is always great to watch. Probably worth seeing a matinee for the special effects and cinematography--but it's not a must see. Expand
  66. Apr 25, 2013
    Skyfall is an excellent 007 movie. It's quality comes from heading off the beaten track and showing us things that haven't really been done in a Bond film before. The action sequences are great and the art direction is phenomenal. There are one or two blemishes, though. The plot doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, Javier Bardem's villain is a bit too over-the-top and all the wink-wink oldSkyfall is an excellent 007 movie. It's quality comes from heading off the beaten track and showing us things that haven't really been done in a Bond film before. The action sequences are great and the art direction is phenomenal. There are one or two blemishes, though. The plot doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, Javier Bardem's villain is a bit too over-the-top and all the wink-wink old Bond references, while fun, feel forced and out of context. Not the best 007 movie ever made, but a damn fine one none-the-less. Expand
  67. Dec 4, 2012
    This is quite remarkable for a Bond film. It manages to be wildly entertaining, funny, nostalgic, tense and ultimately heartbreaking. It's beautifully shot and directed, and very well written for most of its run-time. At the centre of the film are three excellent performances from Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench, full of subtext and subtlety; the electricity when they shareThis is quite remarkable for a Bond film. It manages to be wildly entertaining, funny, nostalgic, tense and ultimately heartbreaking. It's beautifully shot and directed, and very well written for most of its run-time. At the centre of the film are three excellent performances from Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench, full of subtext and subtlety; the electricity when they share scenes is intense. This film brings to a close one of the best relationships seen in a Bond film, between Bond and M, after providing a surprising amount of depth and back-story. It's not perfect, but there's so much here that works so impressively. Expand
  68. Dec 3, 2012
    If I had to describe this movie in just two words I would use these: "intensity" and "style". Of course, this movie has it 's number of blunders. But what to expect of one of "007" series? I am not a big fan of action movies in general and "007" in particular. Maybe that is why I like "Skyfall". It is not as empty as the majority of action movies. And that is why you will see it's reviewsIf I had to describe this movie in just two words I would use these: "intensity" and "style". Of course, this movie has it 's number of blunders. But what to expect of one of "007" series? I am not a big fan of action movies in general and "007" in particular. Maybe that is why I like "Skyfall". It is not as empty as the majority of action movies. And that is why you will see it's reviews from "0" all the way to "10". In my opinion, "style" applies to all cinematography here and directing altogether. And, of course, one of my favorite actors, Bardem, knows how to be a villain. As to "intensity", no matter how comfortable your chair is going to be, you will sit on the edge of it. Knowing who will win, knowing how it will end. Last time I had that feeling was a while ago Expand
  69. Jun 9, 2013
    Anyone that has seen either Casino Royale or Quantum of Solace will know exactly what to expect here. As with all James Bond movies one has to suspend their belief when it comes to the plot but thanks to some excellent action set pieces and good performances from the majority of its cast this latest movie in the long running franchise makes for another entertaining two hours.
  70. Nov 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyfall starts off with a great set piece and carries on a very "Bond" feel right up until the third act. Then everything falls apart. The third act is basically a western and reinforces every negative thing said about Bond during the movie. Daniel Craig as Bond is as good as ever but...

**SPOILER ALERT***

... he loses. This is the first Bond movie where the villain succeeds at everything he set out to do. Bond loses and there are no repercussions, the end. That third act and ending alone make this the worst Bond movie i've ever seen (Moonraker was considered to be good at the time).
  71. Mar 11, 2013
    Watching the film you notice that skyfall was inspired by the dark knight looking at javier bardem as the villain as example, with his personality, capture and rescue. It is a good dark bond losing its puff towards the end.
  72. Feb 15, 2013
    This isn't the worst James Bond movie, but it certainly is NOT the best. As someone who's seen almost all of the Bond movies, I can tell you this movie does not live up to the name. James Bond is a secret agent SECRET as in unknown yet everyone knows who he is. MI6 is the last to know about every detail rather than the first, which is pretty bad for an intelligence agency. And theThis isn't the worst James Bond movie, but it certainly is NOT the best. As someone who's seen almost all of the Bond movies, I can tell you this movie does not live up to the name. James Bond is a secret agent SECRET as in unknown yet everyone knows who he is. MI6 is the last to know about every detail rather than the first, which is pretty bad for an intelligence agency. And the plot of Skyfall is about petty revenge. Rather than being a character who is used to saving the world, James Bond ends up playing a body guard. Yes plots and characters can change from film to film, but they threw out the entire recipe. The film may not have been a bad movie, but it was not a James Bond film. Expand
  73. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The latest bond flick is just exhilarating. from over the top car chasing to awesome bare fighting,"Skyfall" has it all. all of it was credited to director Sam Mendez,whose vision is bold enough to take the bond movie beyond its formula.his dramatic approach toward Bond relationship with "M" showed the other story of how he struggled to keep the MI6 intact.despite a rather dramatic approach,Mendez also haven't forgotten the legacy of the series which make "Skyfall" one of the best bond film ever" Expand
  74. Mar 31, 2013
    Skyfall is not a typical James Bond film. It's much more of a generic action film with some brief references to its context. The story is too simple, the pacing is wrongand the action sequences are nowhere near James Bond standard. However, as an action film, Skyfall is fantastic. It's beautifully directed, has good acting, quite long and suspensful throughout. It's not clever orSkyfall is not a typical James Bond film. It's much more of a generic action film with some brief references to its context. The story is too simple, the pacing is wrongand the action sequences are nowhere near James Bond standard. However, as an action film, Skyfall is fantastic. It's beautifully directed, has good acting, quite long and suspensful throughout. It's not clever or innovative or humourous, but for what it is and what it does, Skyfall does it very well. If you're a big James Bond fan you may be slightly dissapointed, but if you're after a solid action film you can't go wrong with Skyfall. Expand
  75. Jan 1, 2013
    It was the best of Bonds; it was the worst of Bonds. Actually, it was Skyfall, a fascinating combination of the best and worst of what one can hope for in a Bond movie. Daniel Craig does not like the pressure of being criticized, it seems. Before Skyfall became a billion-dollar success story, Craig was literally sweating out the pressure. If you don't believe it, just look at the picturesIt was the best of Bonds; it was the worst of Bonds. Actually, it was Skyfall, a fascinating combination of the best and worst of what one can hope for in a Bond movie. Daniel Craig does not like the pressure of being criticized, it seems. Before Skyfall became a billion-dollar success story, Craig was literally sweating out the pressure. If you don't believe it, just look at the pictures of him arriving for the 50th Bond anniversary bash in London. He has what appears to be a panic attack in full view of his adoring public, and he has to stop to wipe his brow after breaking out into a profuse sweat. (They claim it was the hot lights, but no one else popped a bead of perspiration.) He's been trying to get out of the Bond role ever since he got into it, he tells us in Rolling Stone Magazine. He also says he's only human. We get it. I'm a Daniel Craig fan, but I am carrying on a love-hate relationship with my idol, who often has clay feet. The touchy subject of Craig's age and the fact that he's not quite a Pretty Boy anymore, or not quite as pretty as he was in Casino Royale, has been turned around to some advantage in Skyfall. The producers had a brilliant idea. Why should Bond be so good-looking that Bond girls will sleep with him even though they always get killed shortly afterward? Looks aren't everything; it's personality that counts. In Skyfall, Bond is given a personality that goes a little bit beyond the superficial charmer we are so familiar with, played particularly well by predecessor Pierce Brosnan, although we forget that Brosnan did an excellent scene of a suffering, imprisoned Bond being tortured in Die Another Day. It was not pretty, but it was pretty serious and showed Brosnan could have given Bond new depths, if only he had been given better scripts. The new James Bond, as portrayed in Skyfall, has all the familiar landmarks. He's a hopeless flirt, he can't resist beautiful women or well-shaken martinis, he carries a Walther PPK and drives the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger, the appearance of which inspired an appreciative gasp combined with a tired groan from the theater audience. He says he's Bond--James Bond, and we know what that means. But this Bond is also very different. He's older, grittier, and sadder with bloodshot eyes and a military man's crew cut. It's a new kind of secret agent. Instead of being just high class, Britishly elegant and suave, he leans a little more toward being a very American Navy Seal, the kind of special operation agents who are sent in to find terrorists like Osama bin Laden, and who operate in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are reportedly average-looking males of various ages; some of them even have gray hair. But the film vacillates in its resolve, not secure in the idea that an elitist special agent with a license to kill is going to provide the same kind of box office as classic Bond. So they give us a mishmash, combined with Bond being presumed dead so that he has an opportunity to be decadent and let himself go to seed as if he were the son of the Lion King. Judy Dench's M is more important in this film, and her age has also become an issue. She is also more human, forced to make tough snap decisions and not always thinking on her feet as well as she should. She is the best thing about this film, and she has an uncanny ability to speak volumes by blinking an eyelash. The film has a surprise--remember when the rumors came out with the Harry Potter series that Dumbledore dies? In this film someone dies, and the franchise will never be the same. I'm not sure the replacement was the best choice or just a friend of the family, but we'll see. Another enlightened touch--it has been reported that Craig has argued for a gay Bond. Silva, with Javier Bardem as the cartoonish villain who is strangely mesmerizing, is gay. He caresses Bond and says something about Expand
  76. Dec 23, 2012
    Honestly, it was a very good film. It was suspenseful at times. Honestly, there were quite a few things that I didn't like about it, aka it didn't engage me at times during the movie.
  77. Jan 2, 2013
    Just like WiiU's "ZombiU" this is media that is low key but high impact. And just like ZombiU, the yanks once again totally miss the point as their bloodlust and sociopathic needs will not be met in this movie. Skyfall is the On Her Majesty's Secret Service of 2012, looking deeply into the more human level of being Bond and his relationship with M, the world, and himself. The whole filmJust like WiiU's "ZombiU" this is media that is low key but high impact. And just like ZombiU, the yanks once again totally miss the point as their bloodlust and sociopathic needs will not be met in this movie. Skyfall is the On Her Majesty's Secret Service of 2012, looking deeply into the more human level of being Bond and his relationship with M, the world, and himself. The whole film is also a clever way to return return to the classic Bond. Expand
  78. Nov 24, 2012
    Slow at times. Thought Javier Bardem was a great villain. Otherwise, the movie had some suspenseful scenes that kept me entertained. Not a bad movie to see at the theaters.
  79. Nov 29, 2012
    This movie was absolutely fantastic. Daniel Craig once again shows why he's the best James Bond ever. He's has all of the charisma of any of the past Bonds but has a grit to him that allows the movies to be a bit darker and more realistic. While I didn't enjoy Skyfall quite as much as Casino Royale, it was still much better than Quantum of Solace and is probably my second favorite BondThis movie was absolutely fantastic. Daniel Craig once again shows why he's the best James Bond ever. He's has all of the charisma of any of the past Bonds but has a grit to him that allows the movies to be a bit darker and more realistic. While I didn't enjoy Skyfall quite as much as Casino Royale, it was still much better than Quantum of Solace and is probably my second favorite Bond movie ever. I liked that they added depth to M and touched on some of the political element to MI6. I was a bit disappointed that Berenice Marlohe wasn't featured more. I've been hearing for the past month what a beautiful and fantastic Bond-girl she is and, while she is stunning, she was barely in the film at all. Overall, it's a great movie and more than just Bond fans will enjoy it. On a side note, since everyone seems to be mentioning Adele, I will also... she's awesome and her opening song to the movie is the perfect Bond track, lol. Expand
  80. Dec 6, 2012
    Meh, Casino Royal is better. I like bond movies and I like this one. But this whole Jason Bourne is Bond deal is kinda a downer. Every movie the treatment becomes more Dragon Tattoo than Goldfinger. But I guess that's what people want. It's not awful.
  81. Aug 24, 2014
    Another Bond film with Daniel Craig, following in the footsteps of the previous two in some sense.

There's thrilling action and stunts (which sometimes feel a bit drawn-out and attempts to seek a new high that hasn't been done yet). Bond gets shot, beaten up, all that same old jazz. I liked the new Q - he gave the story a nice additional character you looked forward to seeing again,

I liked the new Q - he gave the story a nice additional character you looked forward to seeing again, especially when he became more invested in the story.

Also, I liked the villain, Silva, although I'm not sure I completely understood his motivations and inner struggles even after the movie. (However, we can thank him for one of the best gay moments on film for a long time, so yay o/ for that!)

All in all this doesn't differ from the other Bond films in plot, style or pace. You've seen the others, you've seen this, but they always have some new tricks up their sleeve and I felt pretty good after seeing this film so it delivered all the necessary ingredients.

One thing, though: they should get rid of the unnecessary Bond girls. Just saying. No important story elements there (even if Naomie Harris' role was well integrated, for once).
  82. Feb 17, 2013
    Honestly, It's a rather overrated movie imo. The plot was incredibly generic. The action was no where near as good as it was in previous Bond films (Casion Royale for example). Silva was an enjoyable villain and he captured the screen whenever he was on. That being said, He didn't have much in terms of dialogue outside of 3 scenes. The casting though is spot on Javier Bardem is great asHonestly, It's a rather overrated movie imo. The plot was incredibly generic. The action was no where near as good as it was in previous Bond films (Casion Royale for example). Silva was an enjoyable villain and he captured the screen whenever he was on. That being said, He didn't have much in terms of dialogue outside of 3 scenes. The casting though is spot on Javier Bardem is great as Silva. Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes, and Ben Whishaw are great additions to the cast as well and I can't wait to see them in future Bond films. Skyfall is an enjoyable movie but not as good as people made it out to be. Expand
  83. Nov 26, 2012
    Javier Bardem is a scene stealing genius in this film. A classic egomaniacle Bond villain who is not to be underestimated. He elevates the movie to the next level. Bond and M continue their odd relationship. Is it simply boss and employee? Is it mother and son? Master and protege? Anyway, their interaction is always great and we also see a darker side to M. How far is she willing to go andJavier Bardem is a scene stealing genius in this film. A classic egomaniacle Bond villain who is not to be underestimated. He elevates the movie to the next level. Bond and M continue their odd relationship. Is it simply boss and employee? Is it mother and son? Master and protege? Anyway, their interaction is always great and we also see a darker side to M. How far is she willing to go and how many lives really are expendable for her cause?

I also like the new Q. A big ego in a small body, which can only come from incredible intelligence and success at such an early age. Played very well by Ben Whishaw. I was glad that they didn't fall into the old campy schtick of too many implausible Bond gadgets.
  84. Jan 8, 2013
    Considering all the hype surrounding this film, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a bond movie to rival the greats from the 70's and 80's, but in truth this film doesn't live up to that legacy. That being said, it is an entertaining action thriller which will keep you entertained and on your toes.
  85. Sep 2, 2014
    James Bond is back and better than ever. Skyfall is quite possibly one of the finest Bond flicks to date. It combines deep emotion with action sequences far superior to any other spy-thrillers out there. Leave it to Sam Mendes!
  86. Nov 24, 2012
    Not much of a bond fan, and while I'm still not sure I am, this movie was decent. There is nothing to really complain about. I thought it was directed and edited smartly, and the script was well written.
  87. Nov 14, 2012
    I have not seen a bond film in a long time. Skyfall was a great movie overall and even better then The Darknight Rises and the theme song for Syfall is now stuck in my head. Skyfall 8.5/10
  88. Nov 19, 2012
    A solid 007 movie. QOS was awful, and this was a good followup for Daniel Craig. it has little action scenes, but they are well performed, and it has a great story. See it.
  89. Mar 8, 2014
    It's exciting, gripping, and thrilling. The acting was great, the script was well-written, it was thoughtful, and it's just really fun. One thing still troubles me though: How the hell did Bond survive that fall though? I gotta call BS on that.
  90. Dec 30, 2012
    Bond returns in Skyfall, and this picture excels as one of the more memorable entries in the lot. With Daniel Craig making his third outing as 007 and Judi Dench effectively returning as his matriarchal boss; Bond and M
  91. Nov 26, 2012
    A very good bond movie. Got all the cliches we expect to find in a bond movie. Though it has kind of a sad ending compared to other bond movies when Bond drifts of into the distance witha lady in his arms. Still I think its a great movie. Well worth a viewing!
  92. Nov 27, 2012
    Another mixed bag Bond film. Plenty of the typical action and tropes throughout, including of course the Bond girls. I love the stripped down version we have of Bond now, and there are a couple of humorous moments to highlight these changes. I enjoyed Bardem's villain for the most part although I do feel like the praise is a little overstated, there were times when he didn't have a lotAnother mixed bag Bond film. Plenty of the typical action and tropes throughout, including of course the Bond girls. I love the stripped down version we have of Bond now, and there are a couple of humorous moments to highlight these changes. I enjoyed Bardem's villain for the most part although I do feel like the praise is a little overstated, there were times when he didn't have a lot going on and others when what he was doing was more than a little confusing. One of the most disappointing things about this movie was Bond's back story, or lack there of. I love a film with a good, dark back story and while I appreciate the effort here in that regard it falls well short of the mark giving us very little actual story in that regard. Overall this Bond falls short of the other Craig films for me, but ranks better than the last few Brosnan films. Expand
  93. Nov 8, 2014
    Really the main emotion after seeing this film is relief, it is miles better than quantum of solace. Everything wrong with Quantum is remedied here, the villain is a good one, the storyline is followable and believable, and it flows very well, making it a seriously enjoyable film to watch. There are minor flaws, as always the product placement is a little in your face, and at times theirReally the main emotion after seeing this film is relief, it is miles better than quantum of solace. Everything wrong with Quantum is remedied here, the villain is a good one, the storyline is followable and believable, and it flows very well, making it a seriously enjoyable film to watch. There are minor flaws, as always the product placement is a little in your face, and at times their attempt to bring back classic bond features like the one liners jars with the new Bourne-esque darkness, but overall this is a fantastic edition to the Craig bond series. Expand
  94. Jun 30, 2013
    This film had the least amount of action of the Bond films I have seen recently. Alot of dialog and plot, which would be good if this wasn't supposed to be a BOND FILM!!!! Almost complete absence of a steamy femme. Best part of this is what happens to M. Never was a fan of hers either.
  95. Nov 5, 2015
    Casino Royale is my favorite James Bond film. I place From Russia With Love in second place. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

Skyfall disappointed me. The biggest reason for this is that the bad guy's motivation just didn't make much sense at all. It was the opposite of the motivation in the precise and focused plot of Casino Royale. Then there were the little moments that soured me on it. Here's a few, without giving spoilers of any significance. Bond is after a bad guy. Just before he attacks the bad guy, the bad guy shoots someone. Bond could have stopped him, but didn't. Bond stands by without a care in the world as the man commits murder. And the moment after that, Bond goes after the guy. It makes no sense. He would have attacked just before. He may not be a saint but Bond as Craig has defined him (until that moment) wouldn't let an innocent person be killed that way. Next thing. Bond tells a woman he's going to rescue her from being a sex slave (forced prostitute) if she helps him with his mission. When he shows up at her place, she's in the shower. She doesn't see him. He gets naked and surprises her in the shower - they presumably have sex. This is a woman he's had exactly one conversation with in a public place. So let's recap that logic. He's going to rescue her from sexual slavery but first he pops in naked for a quickie. Anyone other than me disturbed by that? It's freaking creepy as he!!. This isn't some Bond girl he's flirted with. This is a chronic victim of rape. OK. Next thing. In one scenes he's capture but he brings in the cavalry by virtue of a hidden radio transponder in his jacket transmitting his location. Really? Couldn't he have done this with an iPhone? The radio transponder is one of Q's special gadgets, as if we live in the year 1962. It's ridiculous. And why wasn't he searched when he was captured? It would have been found. So disappointing.
  96. Nov 13, 2012
    I wouldn't ever claim to much of a James Bond fan but I did enjoy Skyfall. Its a zippy enough spy-thriller with some good set pieces. The opening chase is a good indication of what kind of film Skyfall - senseless but brilliantly done stunts as Bond destroys much traffic trying to catch a spy. Its silly, but still good fun. I felt after this that the film sagged quite a bit but once JavierI wouldn't ever claim to much of a James Bond fan but I did enjoy Skyfall. Its a zippy enough spy-thriller with some good set pieces. The opening chase is a good indication of what kind of film Skyfall - senseless but brilliantly done stunts as Bond destroys much traffic trying to catch a spy. Its silly, but still good fun. I felt after this that the film sagged quite a bit but once Javier Bardem appears things pick up nicely. Bardem is wonderfully over the top and is a great choice for a villain. After he arrives, the film rocketed along and as long as you dont think too hard about some of the plot points, its an entertaining thrill ride. I didnt rate Quantum of Solace too highly but Casino Royale and now Skyfall establish Daniel Craigs run as one of the better Bonds. Expand
  97. Jan 23, 2013
    People are giving "Skyfall" a little too much credit. Yes, I thought it was good and it definitely brushed off the cobwebs from "Quantum of Solace", but I don't think that it deserves to be placed among the best Bond movies. The action and villain were great, but the story dragged in some places.
  98. Apr 2, 2016
    Skyfall is truly phenomenal. Daniel Craig gives an assured performance as James Bond, Judi Dench is fantastic as usual as M, Ralph Fiennes is great, and Javier Bardem is thoroughly evil. Even more, the villain is well-crafted and ties nicely into Bond's train of thought at the time. The direction from Sam Mendes is typically great and adds an artistic flair to the giant spy franchise. TheSkyfall is truly phenomenal. Daniel Craig gives an assured performance as James Bond, Judi Dench is fantastic as usual as M, Ralph Fiennes is great, and Javier Bardem is thoroughly evil. Even more, the villain is well-crafted and ties nicely into Bond's train of thought at the time. The direction from Sam Mendes is typically great and adds an artistic flair to the giant spy franchise. The film also sports some absolutely breathtaking cinematography, especially in the final fight scene (which is also very well choreographed). Roger Deakins is an absolute legend and it shows here with the color scheme, lighting, and general shot composition. The film is certainly the best Craig Bond film and also happens to be one of the more compelling and well made spy films I have seen in a long while. Finally, the music here is great, especially Adele's "Skyfall", which I already knew was great, but was that much better in the film. Overall, Skyfall is not perfect and has some faults, but it is incredibly well put together and a thoroughly entertaining affair. Expand
  99. Sep 1, 2013
    Its a great film better then the bull last James bond movie, I enjoyed Skyfall yet didn't really like the villain because i really couldn't understand his motives or really understand why he wanted to kill everybody, pretty sure the movie tells us why, but it felt rather dull the story.
  100. Nov 27, 2012
    I think a 7 is a fair score for this Bond film. The best part was the intro, it was action packed, fast paced, and had very memorable moments. From there things started slowing down and never really picked back up. The acting was good but the writing wasnt exceptional. I think the new Bond girl is very attractive and she played the role well but I would have liked the writing centeredI think a 7 is a fair score for this Bond film. The best part was the intro, it was action packed, fast paced, and had very memorable moments. From there things started slowing down and never really picked back up. The acting was good but the writing wasnt exceptional. I think the new Bond girl is very attractive and she played the role well but I would have liked the writing centered around her to have been done differently, maybe include her more than they did. Bonds sidekick from the first half is very likeable and was one of my favorite characters next to Bond himself and Bonds sidekick from the latter half. What bothered me the most was that the entire premise for the antagonists descent from sanity seemed ill thought. Without spoiling anything, he seemed semi justified for why he was doing what he was doing but maybe that was designed to make the audience have some compassion towards him? Either way the actor portraying him did a terrific job as well. perhaps even the best job. Overall despite some high points, I wouldnt watch this movie again and was honestly waiting for it to hurry along in the middle of it. Not enough action or maybe just bad pacing. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Nov 5, 2015
    Skyfall is far and away the best, and the most British of the Daniel Craig-James Bond movies.
  2. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Nov 5, 2015
    Mendes...lets the quieter moments breathe.... But Mendes is rather good at being loud, too, and his nine times Oscar-nominated cinematographer Roger Deakins makes the wildly ambitious action sequences the most beautiful in Bond’s 50-year career.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Nov 5, 2015
    While trading on viewers’ familiarity with the series’ venerable fetishes (a cheer rises at the sight of Bond’s old Aston Martin and the sound of Monty Norman’s guitar theme from Dr. No), Skyfall has the life, grandeur and gravity of a satisfying, stand-alone entertainment.