7.5

1. Feb 17, 2013
    Honestly, It's a rather overrated movie imo. The plot was incredibly generic. The action was no where near as good as it was in previous Bond films (Casion Royale for example). Silva was an enjoyable villain and he captured the screen whenever he was on. That being said, He didn't have much in terms of dialogue outside of 3 scenes. The casting though is spot on Javier Bardem is great asHonestly, It's a rather overrated movie imo. The plot was incredibly generic. The action was no where near as good as it was in previous Bond films (Casion Royale for example). Silva was an enjoyable villain and he captured the screen whenever he was on. That being said, He didn't have much in terms of dialogue outside of 3 scenes. The casting though is spot on Javier Bardem is great as Silva. Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes, and Ben Whishaw are great additions to the cast as well and I can't wait to see them in future Bond films. Skyfall is an enjoyable movie but not as good as people made it out to be. Expand
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    One of the best recent Bonds, Skyfall works great as a drama as well as having some classic Bond action scenes. Daniel Craig is a very good portrayer of Ian Fleming's character, and these movies are the perfect showcases for the actor's talents. Overall, a must-see for Bond fans or anyone else who wants to see a good drama and action movie.
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    James Bond is back and better than ever. Skyfall is quite possibly one of the finest Bond flicks to date. It combines deep emotion with action sequences far superior to any other spy-thrillers out there. Leave it to Sam Mendes!
  4. Nov 19, 2012
    The 50th anniversary of the James Bond series is acknowledged in this latest installment. Not literally, but in a thematic approach that pits human skills and basic weapons against technology and 21st century tactics. The villain (a blonde Javier Bardem) has devised a lame plot to release the names of spies and a bigger mission to destroy M (Judi Dench). Meanwhile, Bond (Daniel Craig)The 50th anniversary of the James Bond series is acknowledged in this latest installment. Not literally, but in a thematic approach that pits human skills and basic weapons against technology and 21st century tactics. The villain (a blonde Javier Bardem) has devised a lame plot to release the names of spies and a bigger mission to destroy M (Judi Dench). Meanwhile, Bond (Daniel Craig) hasn't fully recovered from the opening sequence (the best action in the film). There are a few other passable encounters, but nothing spectacular. The locales are sufficiently attractive and the new ladies are a minor attraction, but this one relies more on character and discussion than on traditional 007 style and fun. Intellectually, it's an interesting exercise, but is that why what we want from 007? Expand
  5. Mar 14, 2013
    Lashing, dashing, breathtaking, powerful. Best Bond Ever. Skyfall is a mesmerizing movie, it's the first 2 minutes that grasp you in the movie. Bond movies such as On Her Majesty Service has been very well compelled and also compared to the new effects in the film. Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain first I was a Gert Frobe person but now that has changed after Bardem entered BondLashing, dashing, breathtaking, powerful. Best Bond Ever. Skyfall is a mesmerizing movie, it's the first 2 minutes that grasp you in the movie. Bond movies such as On Her Majesty Service has been very well compelled and also compared to the new effects in the film. Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain first I was a Gert Frobe person but now that has changed after Bardem entered Bond films. The Climax was amazing and sad. Skyfall is both a fall and a rise. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2012
    Something didn't seem right with this bond. There were lots of very quiet areas and there weren't those scenes that you say to yourself that is insane. That is what makes bond interesting. It just seemed like a typical action film.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    Featuring awe-inspiring cinematography, fantastically well written - and acted - characters, an absorbing story, brilliant set pieces, and an utterly gorgeous score, "Skyfall" marks an undeniable high note within one of cinema's most treasured franchises.
  8. Nov 11, 2012
    As Skyfall drives down the road that is its ever winding plot, there are many decisions to be made. Shall we go right, or left? To use to word in its non-directional fashion, Skyfall goes right. Mendes and the producers are smart enough to see temptations leading to formula and an overdrawn linear plot, and they steer clear of any such cliche. Skyfall is an intelligent, well-paced actionAs Skyfall drives down the road that is its ever winding plot, there are many decisions to be made. Shall we go right, or left? To use to word in its non-directional fashion, Skyfall goes right. Mendes and the producers are smart enough to see temptations leading to formula and an overdrawn linear plot, and they steer clear of any such cliche. Skyfall is an intelligent, well-paced action thriller that restores our faith in films of its genre. Expand
  9. Mar 10, 2013
    My second favorite James Bond movie (first being Casino Royale) brings a needed sense of realism to the series. Here's hoping Sam Mendes might stick around.
  10. Nov 24, 2012
    Not much of a bond fan, and while I'm still not sure I am, this movie was decent. There is nothing to really complain about. I thought it was directed and edited smartly, and the script was well written.
  11. Mar 22, 2014
    i seen all james bond movies . sometimes i think why is a spy movie all about james bond but some are not . skyfall is one of a james bond bad ass movies i seen . i did like judi dench as well in this film .
  12. Apr 25, 2013
    Skyfall is an excellent 007 movie. It's quality comes from heading off the beaten track and showing us things that haven't really been done in a Bond film before. The action sequences are great and the art direction is phenomenal. There are one or two blemishes, though. The plot doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, Javier Bardem's villain is a bit too over-the-top and all the wink-wink oldSkyfall is an excellent 007 movie. It's quality comes from heading off the beaten track and showing us things that haven't really been done in a Bond film before. The action sequences are great and the art direction is phenomenal. There are one or two blemishes, though. The plot doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, Javier Bardem's villain is a bit too over-the-top and all the wink-wink old Bond references, while fun, feel forced and out of context. Not the best 007 movie ever made, but a damn fine one none-the-less. Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed the film, though I would have loved to have seen more of the primary bond girl. Only Casino Royale figured out how to feature a bond girl the way they did it with Eva Green. My primary criticism was that of the group setting up the house at Skyfall for the "uninvited guests" - seemed like a remake of the original Home Alone. That sequence pulled me out of the Bond universe for the first time in the film. I had fun with the movie - better than Quantum of Solace, not as good as Casino Royale (but that is a very high bar). Expand
  14. Nov 11, 2012
    To celebrate the 50th anniversary of 007, one of the best Bond films ever made has been released. Skyfall has some of the most memorable action that the series has ever seen. Daniel Craig has finally proven that he is fully capable of being Bond.
  15. Aug 24, 2014
    Another Bond film with Daniel Craig, following in the footsteps of the previous two in some sense.

There's thrilling action and stunts (which sometimes feel a bit drawn-out and attempts to seek a new high that hasn't been done yet). Bond gets shot, beaten up, all that same old jazz. I liked the new Q - he gave the story a nice additional character you looked forward to seeing again,

I liked the new Q - he gave the story a nice additional character you looked forward to seeing again, especially when he became more invested in the story.

Also, I liked the villain, Silva, although I'm not sure I completely understood his motivations and inner struggles even after the movie. (However, we can thank him for one of the best gay moments on film for a long time, so yay o/ for that!)

All in all this doesn't differ from the other Bond films in plot, style or pace. You've seen the others, you've seen this, but they always have some new tricks up their sleeve and I felt pretty good after seeing this film so it delivered all the necessary ingredients.

One thing, though: they should get rid of the unnecessary Bond girls. Just saying. No important story elements there (even if Naomie Harris' role was well integrated, for once).
  16. Aug 24, 2013
    Intricate and dramatic but not too much to overlook it's gritty and fun action, 'Skyfall' is one of the top Bond films. Craig is the better Bond, except for Sean Connery. Bardem is in a very accomplished role as this enigmatic, lunatic who keeps thickening the plot as it goes on. I loved this so much, I watched in the movies TWICE.
  17. Feb 19, 2013
    After 50 years, and 50 plus mistakes in Quantum of Solace, director Sam Mendes has delivered the home front of Bond movies, its big, bold, smart, and simply feels like classic Bond, while maintaining its more gritty and realistic approach to the genre.
    It's got all the ingredients of the Bonds of yesteryear with a few spices added in, take out the disastrous films before we had the reboot, and they all cumulate in this,and what a thrill to behold.
    An opening scene involving a thrilling chase through Istanbul already feels better than the opening of Quantum, its cleaner, crisper, and is relevant to the story which follows.
    An attack on MI6 sets up a story that is perhaps one of the best Bond plots to grace the big screen, Judi Dench finds her true calling in this film, having a much more pivotal role as M, who is the target of estranged agent Silva, played creepily by Javier Bardem, perhaps not as menacing as his turn in No Country For Old Men, but certainly a nod to classic Bond villains, and the nods don't stop there. Q makes his return to the Bond universe, but in a very different, and in the younger form of Ben Wishaw, its Bond, but with its own modern spin ('What did you expect? An exploding pen?")
    The set pieces are explosive and epic, a subway train tumbling through the roof was a particular highlight, but the climax in the old orphanage was superb, Sam Mendes pulled no punches in delivering an exhilarating finale, even with the inclusion of Albert Finney (The Bourne franchise)
    There where complaints regarding the lack of chemistry between Craig and Naomie Harris, who played Eve in the film, but i personally seen this as deliberate to mask the eventual history behind Eve's character.
    The friendly exchanges between Bond and Q are the real comedic points of the film, with Bond viewing Q basically as a mere schoolboy, Q soon proves his worth as the film progresses with the ongoing mission to identify Silva.
    But it is really the relationship between Bond and M that solidifies her role as a central character within the bond universe, Craig and Dench do a brilliant job in playing the mother and son role which is rare to see for such a weathered franchise, and their friendship, albeit strained, his truly put to the test in Skyfall as M's past makes an unwelcome return. Was it better than Casino Royale, they are quite on par in my opinion, Casino Royale changed the rules completely but Skyfall did a wonderful job of enforcing them, while not trying to stray too far of the British spy's rich history.
    Skyfall rips apart the armour of the previous films and creates a vulnerable and emotional film that doesn't hold back in piercing the chest with a mass of bullets, its true core lies within the history and relationship of the characters, and this film wipes the slate clean to make a point of saying that Bond is here to stay.
  18. Dec 9, 2012
    2nd only to Casino Royale, Bond is back and kicking ass. Daniel Craig is certainly the best J B and Sam Mendes directs with confidence a film that has its sights firmly set on being more than just another action movie, although in this department the film certainly doesn't disappoint with some very impressive special visual effects. The writing too offers a rather more complex set of2nd only to Casino Royale, Bond is back and kicking ass. Daniel Craig is certainly the best J B and Sam Mendes directs with confidence a film that has its sights firmly set on being more than just another action movie, although in this department the film certainly doesn't disappoint with some very impressive special visual effects. The writing too offers a rather more complex set of characters and elicited one genuine gasp from this viewer. Javier Bardem as the villain is also allowed to have fun with the role and his interrogation scene of Bond is delicious in going where no Bond film has gone before. Adele's them song is an added bonus. Great entertainment. Expand
  19. Nov 29, 2012
    This movie was absolutely fantastic. Daniel Craig once again shows why he's the best James Bond ever. He's has all of the charisma of any of the past Bonds but has a grit to him that allows the movies to be a bit darker and more realistic. While I didn't enjoy Skyfall quite as much as Casino Royale, it was still much better than Quantum of Solace and is probably my second favorite BondThis movie was absolutely fantastic. Daniel Craig once again shows why he's the best James Bond ever. He's has all of the charisma of any of the past Bonds but has a grit to him that allows the movies to be a bit darker and more realistic. While I didn't enjoy Skyfall quite as much as Casino Royale, it was still much better than Quantum of Solace and is probably my second favorite Bond movie ever. I liked that they added depth to M and touched on some of the political element to MI6. I was a bit disappointed that Berenice Marlohe wasn't featured more. I've been hearing for the past month what a beautiful and fantastic Bond-girl she is and, while she is stunning, she was barely in the film at all. Overall, it's a great movie and more than just Bond fans will enjoy it. On a side note, since everyone seems to be mentioning Adele, I will also... she's awesome and her opening song to the movie is the perfect Bond track, lol. Expand
  20. Dec 29, 2012
    It is hard to fault the brilliant direction of Mendes. It is even harder to imagine a better performance than that of Javier Bardem as the villain. But take the opening high adrenaline sequence away and there is little left of a Bond film and more of an artful drama.
  21. Nov 10, 2012
    You have to put feelings in a movie starring Daniel Craig (like in Casino Royale) and Skyfall doesn't do that, just like Quantum Of Solace. Thus, Quantum Of Solace is bad and thus, Skyfall is bad. Skyfall is even worse, actually it's the worst Bond movie I've ever seen (but okay, I've only seen 7). Except Ben Whishaw, none of the actors is interesting and I was really annoyed by JudiYou have to put feelings in a movie starring Daniel Craig (like in Casino Royale) and Skyfall doesn't do that, just like Quantum Of Solace. Thus, Quantum Of Solace is bad and thus, Skyfall is bad. Skyfall is even worse, actually it's the worst Bond movie I've ever seen (but okay, I've only seen 7). Except Ben Whishaw, none of the actors is interesting and I was really annoyed by Judi Dench, because I've got to see her so often in this movie. The first scene with villain Javier Bardem is really cool and leaded me to expect the ending to better than the beginning, but in fact Bardem is just another stupid antagonist. When it comes to the final showdown, he is just dumb. The ending was really bad and I don't know how Sam Mendes could film such **** The action is not rememberable, the actors aren't good and the whole movie is at least half an hour too long. I have no clue why critics raved over this movie so much, it didn't entertain me at all. I was very disappointed with Skyfall and I'd suggest you not to spend money on the cinema ticket for this. Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2012
    Although this isn't a great film, it is certainly better than the "Quantum of Solace" bore-fest. It starts out with the ubiquitous car/motorcycle chase we've seen in a thousand movies, then has the two people fighting on top of a moving train we've seen in a thousand more movies. In fact, there is nothing really that original in the entire movie. Even the casino scene has a pit with aAlthough this isn't a great film, it is certainly better than the "Quantum of Solace" bore-fest. It starts out with the ubiquitous car/motorcycle chase we've seen in a thousand movies, then has the two people fighting on top of a moving train we've seen in a thousand more movies. In fact, there is nothing really that original in the entire movie. Even the casino scene has a pit with a Gila Monster in it that will remind you of a Star Wars movie. I would rate the movie a "5", but Javier Bardem is SO good as the bad guy he immediately elevates the movie with his presence. He is quickly becoming a favorite actor of mine. The movie never bored me because it is so action packed, so I have to give it a pass. I saw it in IMAX and this is one of the loudest movies I have seen in awhile. So far the Daniel Craig Bond movies have been missing the humor of the older Bond films, instead focusing on action and drama. They come across as a "superhero" movie instead of an espionage thriller to me. Expand
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    My first James Bond movie was Casino Royale, which I saw in preparation for the upcoming flick Quantom of Solace. With the first Daniel Craig movie I liked the whole bit where Bond is trying to figure out what
  24. Mar 8, 2014
    It's exciting, gripping, and thrilling. The acting was great, the script was well-written, it was thoughtful, and it's just really fun. One thing still troubles me though: How the hell did Bond survive that fall though? I gotta call BS on that.
  25. Mar 24, 2013
    This James Bond entry is very different from any other James Bond movie ever made. It really takes you to the inner depths of James Bond. Yet it is still everyting James Bond should be. Exciting, action pack and sexy. It is also at times with Javier Bardem, suspenseful. And the ending is truly surprising. Overall, it's still an action-packed thrill ride, just done a lot better than any of them.
  26. Aug 17, 2013
    This was a good movie! I`t was interesting the whole way through. I do agree with people who complain about the lack of gadgets, but it was still a good movie.
  27. Nov 9, 2012
    Two men chase each other across the rooftops of Istanbul, on motorcycles, and then fight each other atop a speeding train not to mention a beautiful woman watching it all and ready to come to the aid of the hero if need be and you are in a theatre watching the 24th film,
  28. Jun 30, 2013
    This film had the least amount of action of the Bond films I have seen recently. Alot of dialog and plot, which would be good if this wasn't supposed to be a BOND FILM!!!! Almost complete absence of a steamy femme. Best part of this is what happens to M. Never was a fan of hers either.
  29. Nov 9, 2014
    Darker, brooding and more serious, this Bond installment thrills from start to finish through its suspenseful tone, top-notch acting, witty dialogue and plentiful action sequences choreographed expertly.
  30. Jun 9, 2013
    Anyone that has seen either Casino Royale or Quantum of Solace will know exactly what to expect here. As with all James Bond movies one has to suspend their belief when it comes to the plot but thanks to some excellent action set pieces and good performances from the majority of its cast this latest movie in the long running franchise makes for another entertaining two hours.
  31. Lyn
    Dec 30, 2012
    Nice to take a break from the blockbusters with Life Lessons and enjoy one that just tries to be a good action flick. Daniel Craig -- superb actor who still doesn't seem like James Bond or even look that great in a tuxedo (!) -- fits this story line a little better, with its themes of aging & weathering change. Great action sequences & special effects ... but gotta say I was not feelingNice to take a break from the blockbusters with Life Lessons and enjoy one that just tries to be a good action flick. Daniel Craig -- superb actor who still doesn't seem like James Bond or even look that great in a tuxedo (!) -- fits this story line a little better, with its themes of aging & weathering change. Great action sequences & special effects ... but gotta say I was not feeling Javier Bardem as the villain. Perhaps the one Life Lesson was that burly Spaniards shouldn't try the bleached-blond-and-effeminate look. Expand
  32. Jul 29, 2014
    Much more than another mindless James Bond movie, "Skyfall" is an action flick that can be readily counted as a piece of art. Daniel Craig seems very familiar with his role, and there is some enjoyable originality in his approach to the James Bond character. There are wonderfully developed motifs, such as modern versus traditional, technology versus technique, except for the standard goodMuch more than another mindless James Bond movie, "Skyfall" is an action flick that can be readily counted as a piece of art. Daniel Craig seems very familiar with his role, and there is some enjoyable originality in his approach to the James Bond character. There are wonderfully developed motifs, such as modern versus traditional, technology versus technique, except for the standard good versus evil trite, and it is indeed much more thoughtful than any of the previous "007" films. Expand
  33. Mar 8, 2013
    To me, it didn't feel like a Bond movie. Casino Royale introduced us to a different version of Bond that I loved to bits, but the opportunity to add something consequential to the character was squandered this time around. The action sequences were riveting and well executed, and the dialogue was engaging, but the plot was plain stupid. The showdown in the final sequence at Skyfall wasTo me, it didn't feel like a Bond movie. Casino Royale introduced us to a different version of Bond that I loved to bits, but the opportunity to add something consequential to the character was squandered this time around. The action sequences were riveting and well executed, and the dialogue was engaging, but the plot was plain stupid. The showdown in the final sequence at Skyfall was downright cheesy. One would think secret agents would plan things a bit rather than going for an unoriginal last stand. What did Bond have in mind? If he wanted the villain to come to Skyfall, and knew for a certainty that he was coming, he could have planned an ambush. Hell, I could have planned a better counter attack. Some policemen could have been hid in the surroundings if all the agents were incapacitated. Help from government could have been asked given that M was attacked in the presence of a minister. Why would a super trained spy corner himself in an old house just so he could display his killer skills, which he could have demonstrated anywhere to begin with. The plot was childishly simplistic and unimaginative. Lack of creativity and imagination seeps through every other scene. And why would a super agent retain his birth name? Also, I find it implausible that secret super spies would feel urges to eliminate their enemies in an attention seeking manner even if they could dispatch them discreetly. If you're willing to forget that this is a Bond movie, it would make for a very good thriller espionage movie with an over the top plot. There's nothing special about this one, and it is certainly overrated. Die Hard 4.0 would have made a better Bond movie. It cannot compete against any from the Bourne trilogy, everyone of which is a good example of how a spy thriller should be made. Expand
  34. Jun 4, 2013
    "Coming off the trashy Quantum Of Solace, Skyfall is the bond everyone has been waiting for, filled with thrill to the minute excitement, impossible obstacle's and one of the best Bond Villains in over a decade. Skyfall is simply a movie you can't miss." A
  35. Nov 12, 2012
    Sam Mendez's Bond is a reinvention of an old dog. Just when the series was getting tired he makes it something new and more daring; similar to What Christopher Nolan did to Batman. The film is nostalgic, funny, exciting and dramatic what more could I have asked for then a fun time at the movies.
  36. Jun 30, 2013
    I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed when I saw this movie in theatres. But that's partially due to the fact that I had to pee really, really badly, had impossibly high expectations set up, and was worried the whole time that my best friend was hating it because they hate story driven movies. (They did.) But once I saw the movie outside of theatres I was glad to see that I reallyI have to admit I was somewhat disappointed when I saw this movie in theatres. But that's partially due to the fact that I had to pee really, really badly, had impossibly high expectations set up, and was worried the whole time that my best friend was hating it because they hate story driven movies. (They did.) But once I saw the movie outside of theatres I was glad to see that I really liked it. It's definitely a very stylish, and extremely well shot movie, but it's also really character driven, especially for a James Bond movie. It has a lot more depth than you would expect. The acting is really good too. Javier Barden (I think that's how you spell it, maybe not) was extremely creepy, not only because of his deformity, but because you weren't quite sure if he... Never mind. That creeps me out just thinking about it, yet alone writing it. Craig probably gives his best performance as Bond so far also. This helps the characters feel very real. The action is well directed and can be fun, but it's not quite as gritty or as common an occurrence as it was in Casino Royale, but that being said, I believe Skyfall to be the better movie overall, and possibly the best Bond movie ever. Mendez definitely took directional inspiration from Nolan, perhaps too much at times, but I like the darker more realistic style that Craig's Bond movies have compared to their ridiculously over the top predecessors. Glad this movie won Oscars. Here's to hoping the next movie is even better, actually reaches my near impossible expectations, and maybe even gets a best picture nomination. Expand
  37. Nov 15, 2012
    A classic with modern touch, although with taking many cues from Nolan, Skyfall is the most entertaing blockbuster this year. With high A production value in any capacity , Skyfall is another example of masterful filmaking can be so much entertaining. I don't see it as Best Picture contender, but Academy loves Mendes. We'll see.
  38. Nov 29, 2013
    Darker and more serious, this Bond installment thrills from start to finish through its suspenseful tone, top-notch acting, witty dialogue and its many action sequences.
  39. BKM
    Apr 4, 2013
    I've never been a big fan of the James Bond series, so my review of the film is biased right from the get go. Still I was a bit surprised at what Sam Mendes had to offer up at the helm of the latest entry. Skyfall finds 007 trying to find his place in a modern world where computer hacking is a more powerful tool than disguises and fancy gadgets. More importantly, the film explores theI've never been a big fan of the James Bond series, so my review of the film is biased right from the get go. Still I was a bit surprised at what Sam Mendes had to offer up at the helm of the latest entry. Skyfall finds 007 trying to find his place in a modern world where computer hacking is a more powerful tool than disguises and fancy gadgets. More importantly, the film explores the notion of whether or not the intelligence game has become antiquated and what it has cost those who play it. But in spite of the film's commendable artistic ambitions, it's ultimately too cool and lethargic for its own good. Expand
  40. Nov 9, 2012
    James Bond films were never really considered as great films. They are good escapist fares, but never considered as something more than that. On some occasions, such as 'On Her Majesty Secret Service' or 'Casino Royale', the Bond films rose to become something more, but they are far and between. Until now. Skyfall may be one of the best Bond film of all time, and may be the best film ofJames Bond films were never really considered as great films. They are good escapist fares, but never considered as something more than that. On some occasions, such as 'On Her Majesty Secret Service' or 'Casino Royale', the Bond films rose to become something more, but they are far and between. Until now. Skyfall may be one of the best Bond film of all time, and may be the best film of 2012. It's a character piece that deconstructs who Bond really is and his relationship with those surrounding him, in particular with 'M'. The cinematography is top notch, the plot sublime and Sam Mendes delivers. But at the heart of Skyfall is the performances of its actors. Craig finally becomes the best Bond since Connery, imbuing great depth to this character. Judi Dench finally does her best turn yet, while Bardem delivers an over the top performance as Silva, one of Bond's most memorable villain. Again, I can't say enough of this, one of the finest film of 2012, and the best Bond film of all time. Don't miss it. Expand
  41. Dec 22, 2012
    "Skyfall", the latest entry into the long line of 007 thrillers is a disappointment to not only Bond fans but moviegoers in general. Directed by Sam Mendes the film stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem and Naomi Harris in this dark, ill conceived and frankly, but for extraordinary special effects, boring film. To paraphrase Lloyd Benson in his famous admonition of Dan Quayle, "Mr."Skyfall", the latest entry into the long line of 007 thrillers is a disappointment to not only Bond fans but moviegoers in general. Directed by Sam Mendes the film stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem and Naomi Harris in this dark, ill conceived and frankly, but for extraordinary special effects, boring film. To paraphrase Lloyd Benson in his famous admonition of Dan Quayle, "Mr. Craig, I've seen Sean Connery as Bond and you're no Sean Connery". Ian Fleming's concept of a spy with a flair for the playful, humorous and witty engagements as he saves the world from various evils is the thing the writers of this latest film fail to get or understand. The film as a screenplay, is neither plausible in its plot scenes nor is it clever in its execution. The Harry Saltzman/Albert Broccoli formula these two geniuses developed over the years and throughout the history of this epic franchise are lost in this movie and the casting of Mr. Craig still continues to amaze me. As fine an actor as he is, Mr. Craig just doesn't fit the mold that Messrs. Connery, Moore and Brosnahan were able to cast. This is a problem which frequently arises when an actor and the character they portray in sequel after sequel become so embedded in the minds of the audience that to separate one often harms the other. Basil Rathbone will always be the real Sherlock Holmes, George Sanders will always be the real Falcon (even tho his brother, Tom Conway, tried to fill his shoes) and, alas for Mr. Craig and the owners of the franchise, the same fate seems to be befalling them as well. I give the film a 5.0 rating for its special effects and the chance to hear Adele sing the background song. Beyond that it seems that more than the "sky" fell in the ratings for this film. Expand
  42. Feb 12, 2013
    Unbelievable. I have never seen a movie theatre that quiet. You could literally hear people think 'my god, WTF is this It's like the filmmakers thought 'how can we make every dialogue and every scene as bad as possible, and every character as unlikeable as possible ?'.
    The nerd at MI6 tops it off.
  43. Dec 5, 2012
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    Skyfall is a mere proof that a good spy film doesn't need nonsense action-sequences or incorporation of unrealistic gadgets, it just needs a great screenplay, astounding performances and outstanding direction. I see a lot of people complaining that a James Bond movie without action sequences and gadgets and devices is worthless. What they don't understand is that everything needs to evolve and get out of its own self-made shell, because, sooner or later, people start demanding for something else, something they never would have expected, something that makes them change their mind about a certain subject.
    Same is the case here. Sam Mendes has proved himself to be an outstanding director once again (he directed American Beauty for which he won an Academy Award in 2000). His sense of imagination is so brilliant that it totally works for the film. Cinematography is done by Roger Deakins, having received nine nominations for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography, he is one of the great cinematographers of the film industry and he continues to prove it in Skyfall with his brilliant camera work.
    The important thing about this film is the screenplay, which is, no doubt, different from all the Bond movies made before Skyfall and that's what makes it so better. Written by Neal Purvis, John Logan and Robert Wade, the screenplay works like a charm because you get to know Bond and above all, the other major character of the movie, M (played by Judi Dench). Daniel Craig continues to shine in his role even more, it seems like he had been practising to improve himself and it becomes really clear when you compare his performance to the previous installment 'Quantum of Solace'. In Skyfall, it feels like Craig has found his lost indenity and he is never going to let go of it. The other key character of the movie is Raoul Silva (played by Javier Bardem who is perhaps the most famous Spanish actor, having previously won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in 'No Country for Old Men'), is the film's main antagonist and he is more than a villain. Bardem's performance and his character reminds me of the Joker (The Dark Knight) at cerain points, he has done it so wonderfully and only he could make it happen. Other cast members include Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Lim Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whinshaw who support the film's plot and storyline properly.
    What I love about this film is that it doesn't feel like I am watching a Bond movie and that's exactly what I love. It has a different soul, a darker one, the character-driven plot has been handled in an amazing way. I don't mind if a spy film doesn't have more action-sequences because to me, the plot and main theme of the film is more important. People may also say that the plot of the movie is so typical and predictable and it gets boring but if we look closer, we see a rebirth of the entire Bond franchise, just like Christopher Nolan did with the Batman franchise.
    ...And who could forget Adele's wonderful voice in a melodious soundtrack to the movie, written by both Adele and Paul Epworth and the way it has been incorporated in the opening sequence is just freaking brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins the Academy Award for Original Song.
    Am I liking it too much? Am I impressed with this movie too much? Am I being biased? MAYBE. Because SKYFALL is just the right amount of Bond I wanted to see in the 23rd film.
  44. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyfall is wonderful, is visually lovely and the sound is brilliant. Javier Bardem gives one of his best performances and should get his 4 oscar nomination. I think acceptance among those who saw it was unanimous and it shows that this film is a success.
  45. Nov 22, 2012
    The action set pieces are thrilling; the opening sequence was very much Bond. It was followed immediately by Adele's brilliant contribution to the soundtrack during the title sequence. As good as all the action was, the best scene was the introduction of the villian, Silva, portrayed wonderfully by Bardem. While it doesn't have the emotional depth of Casino Royale, it is still one of theThe action set pieces are thrilling; the opening sequence was very much Bond. It was followed immediately by Adele's brilliant contribution to the soundtrack during the title sequence. As good as all the action was, the best scene was the introduction of the villian, Silva, portrayed wonderfully by Bardem. While it doesn't have the emotional depth of Casino Royale, it is still one of the best Bond films and one of the best movies of the year. Expand
  46. Nov 12, 2012
    I have to say I agree with the positive reviews and the negative reviews too. It is a good movie as long as you do not think too much about what you are watching. You also need to ignore all the commercials during the film. You need to disregard the plot devices that are inconsistent writing. Did they say uranium? Never mind you are going to watch this movie anyway just enjoy it and expectI have to say I agree with the positive reviews and the negative reviews too. It is a good movie as long as you do not think too much about what you are watching. You also need to ignore all the commercials during the film. You need to disregard the plot devices that are inconsistent writing. Did they say uranium? Never mind you are going to watch this movie anyway just enjoy it and expect to take a nap for the last half hour of this 2 and a half hour long movie. Expand
  47. Feb 3, 2013
    I´ve never been into James Bond films. Action movies are too often bad and they are not my favorite type of film. But this is what a great action movie is and feels like. I´m not going to say the plot is complicated but is credible and interesting. The action scenes are stunning and so well choreographed. Cinematography is stunning and deserves the oscar nomination it got (we´ll see ifI´ve never been into James Bond films. Action movies are too often bad and they are not my favorite type of film. But this is what a great action movie is and feels like. I´m not going to say the plot is complicated but is credible and interesting. The action scenes are stunning and so well choreographed. Cinematography is stunning and deserves the oscar nomination it got (we´ll see if they win it). There are lots of cool things about the film like the storyline being centered on Judi Dench´s character. Daniel Craig is probably the best actor to bring James Bond to life. Nothing new. But the highlight is Javier Bardem playing the villain. Just amazing. He is so good, damn. My favorite scene of the whole film is the one in which his character is introduced and shares the scene with Daniel Craig. So much tension. 2012 has been a great year for movies and it shows in 2013 oscar nominations but if they have gotten one thing wrong is the best supporting actor category, two of those actors should be replaced by Javier Bardem in Skyfall and Leonardo Dicaprio in Django
    It felt original and another good point is Adele´s song, one of the best of the franchise
    True entertainment, and not those awful action movies without soul many people try to excuse as "it is just for entertainment".
  48. Nov 19, 2012
    I have mixed feeling about this film. Overall, I was disappointed and the main reason was that the nothing was developed to make it really interesting. Let's start with the villain. Bardem is a great actor but you need some back ground to make him villainious. They actually did have some of the best scenes in the movie when Bond meets Bardem. However, there is no depth given to how heI have mixed feeling about this film. Overall, I was disappointed and the main reason was that the nothing was developed to make it really interesting. Let's start with the villain. Bardem is a great actor but you need some back ground to make him villainious. They actually did have some of the best scenes in the movie when Bond meets Bardem. However, there is no depth given to how he becomes a villain and little face time with Bond. The same with the new Q. He just shows up. The plot has no depth either. We get little of Bond except in the first scene working on this. The movie really becomes about him protecting M and that really is not that interesting. The final scene reminded me of "Strawdogs" but without the tension or excitement. I had hopes for this series when they got rid of Roger Moore and the supervilian with the hugh fight scene at his hidden lair. However, the improvements are marginal with each new film and that takes several years. I don't know if I can wait for them to put an entire film together that is entertaining. Expand
  49. Nov 9, 2012
    This film is a rare action masterpiece
  50. Dec 3, 2012
    If I had to describe this movie in just two words I would use these: "intensity" and "style". Of course, this movie has it 's number of blunders. But what to expect of one of "007" series? I am not a big fan of action movies in general and "007" in particular. Maybe that is why I like "Skyfall". It is not as empty as the majority of action movies. And that is why you will see it's reviewsIf I had to describe this movie in just two words I would use these: "intensity" and "style". Of course, this movie has it 's number of blunders. But what to expect of one of "007" series? I am not a big fan of action movies in general and "007" in particular. Maybe that is why I like "Skyfall". It is not as empty as the majority of action movies. And that is why you will see it's reviews from "0" all the way to "10". In my opinion, "style" applies to all cinematography here and directing altogether. And, of course, one of my favorite actors, Bardem, knows how to be a villain. As to "intensity", no matter how comfortable your chair is going to be, you will sit on the edge of it. Knowing who will win, knowing how it will end. Last time I had that feeling was a while ago Expand
  51. Nov 27, 2012
    Another mixed bag Bond film. Plenty of the typical action and tropes throughout, including of course the Bond girls. I love the stripped down version we have of Bond now, and there are a couple of humorous moments to highlight these changes. I enjoyed Bardem's villain for the most part although I do feel like the praise is a little overstated, there were times when he didn't have a lotAnother mixed bag Bond film. Plenty of the typical action and tropes throughout, including of course the Bond girls. I love the stripped down version we have of Bond now, and there are a couple of humorous moments to highlight these changes. I enjoyed Bardem's villain for the most part although I do feel like the praise is a little overstated, there were times when he didn't have a lot going on and others when what he was doing was more than a little confusing. One of the most disappointing things about this movie was Bond's back story, or lack there of. I love a film with a good, dark back story and while I appreciate the effort here in that regard it falls well short of the mark giving us very little actual story in that regard. Overall this Bond falls short of the other Craig films for me, but ranks better than the last few Brosnan films. Expand
  52. May 19, 2013
    skyfall makes a good impression as a James bond movie it has all the qualities of being a good movie you have the picture the lightening the costumes and the fact that it is not memorable.
    the first thing you notice about it is the good music from the start to the end and second thing is the great action car chasing ect.....
    it's basically an entertainment for 2 hours and one of
    it's basically an entertainment for 2 hours and one of the best in the series.
    however there have to be a negative side which is the advertisement let me guess watches cars and suites and i actually lost tracks of how many times they did this but overall great movie.
  53. Jan 24, 2013
    Skyfall is the last movie of the James Bond saga and it was surprising, because after Quantum of Solace was impossible to expect more, although is not better than Casino Royale. The plot is very similar to other films, lots of action, fights and explosions, an unbeatable agent, a cool boss, the beautiful girl and the eccentric villain. This story only provides three interesting things;Skyfall is the last movie of the James Bond saga and it was surprising, because after Quantum of Solace was impossible to expect more, although is not better than Casino Royale. The plot is very similar to other films, lots of action, fights and explosions, an unbeatable agent, a cool boss, the beautiful girl and the eccentric villain. This story only provides three interesting things; first the idea of the old dogs who are pull off the system by the technology and the modern times, which are Bond and M; second the dialogue about the rats that Silva tells 007, which is a metaphor for people who the society does not want; and third the Skyfall theme of Adele. Besides that, the plot is very unoriginal, the intro was not up to the Bond franchise and the look of Javier Bardem was ridiculous. The problem of this picture is that maybe we had enough of Bond and all the fights and explosions cannot fulfill a story. People need more than that these days. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2012
    An amazing Bond film that harkens back to the old days with a genius supervillian, witty one liners, several girls, and some intense action sequences. The script was extremely well written and made due with less in a great way with excellent pacing and an engaging story. The action was much more subdued taking up less screen time than in previous films but this was something I was actuallyAn amazing Bond film that harkens back to the old days with a genius supervillian, witty one liners, several girls, and some intense action sequences. The script was extremely well written and made due with less in a great way with excellent pacing and an engaging story. The action was much more subdued taking up less screen time than in previous films but this was something I was actually hoping for as it was more meaningful when it took place. Not having been a huge fan of Craig's previous Bond interpretations/scripts I really enjoyed his performance and am looking forward to his next one. Overall definitely a more dramatic movie and highly recommend. Expand
  55. Jan 23, 2013
    People are giving "Skyfall" a little too much credit. Yes, I thought it was good and it definitely brushed off the cobwebs from "Quantum of Solace", but I don't think that it deserves to be placed among the best Bond movies. The action and villain were great, but the story dragged in some places.
  56. Jan 1, 2013
    It was the best of Bonds; it was the worst of Bonds. Actually, it was Skyfall, a fascinating combination of the best and worst of what one can hope for in a Bond movie. Daniel Craig does not like the pressure of being criticized, it seems. Before Skyfall became a billion-dollar success story, Craig was literally sweating out the pressure. If you don't believe it, just look at the picturesIt was the best of Bonds; it was the worst of Bonds. Actually, it was Skyfall, a fascinating combination of the best and worst of what one can hope for in a Bond movie. Daniel Craig does not like the pressure of being criticized, it seems. Before Skyfall became a billion-dollar success story, Craig was literally sweating out the pressure. If you don't believe it, just look at the pictures of him arriving for the 50th Bond anniversary bash in London. He has what appears to be a panic attack in full view of his adoring public, and he has to stop to wipe his brow after breaking out into a profuse sweat. (They claim it was the hot lights, but no one else popped a bead of perspiration.) He's been trying to get out of the Bond role ever since he got into it, he tells us in Rolling Stone Magazine. He also says he's only human. We get it. I'm a Daniel Craig fan, but I am carrying on a love-hate relationship with my idol, who often has clay feet. The touchy subject of Craig's age and the fact that he's not quite a Pretty Boy anymore, or not quite as pretty as he was in Casino Royale, has been turned around to some advantage in Skyfall. The producers had a brilliant idea. Why should Bond be so good-looking that Bond girls will sleep with him even though they always get killed shortly afterward? Looks aren't everything; it's personality that counts. In Skyfall, Bond is given a personality that goes a little bit beyond the superficial charmer we are so familiar with, played particularly well by predecessor Pierce Brosnan, although we forget that Brosnan did an excellent scene of a suffering, imprisoned Bond being tortured in Die Another Day. It was not pretty, but it was pretty serious and showed Brosnan could have given Bond new depths, if only he had been given better scripts. The new James Bond, as portrayed in Skyfall, has all the familiar landmarks. He's a hopeless flirt, he can't resist beautiful women or well-shaken martinis, he carries a Walther PPK and drives the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger, the appearance of which inspired an appreciative gasp combined with a tired groan from the theater audience. He says he's Bond--James Bond, and we know what that means. But this Bond is also very different. He's older, grittier, and sadder with bloodshot eyes and a military man's crew cut. It's a new kind of secret agent. Instead of being just high class, Britishly elegant and suave, he leans a little more toward being a very American Navy Seal, the kind of special operation agents who are sent in to find terrorists like Osama bin Laden, and who operate in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are reportedly average-looking males of various ages; some of them even have gray hair. But the film vacillates in its resolve, not secure in the idea that an elitist special agent with a license to kill is going to provide the same kind of box office as classic Bond. So they give us a mishmash, combined with Bond being presumed dead so that he has an opportunity to be decadent and let himself go to seed as if he were the son of the Lion King. Judy Dench's M is more important in this film, and her age has also become an issue. She is also more human, forced to make tough snap decisions and not always thinking on her feet as well as she should. She is the best thing about this film, and she has an uncanny ability to speak volumes by blinking an eyelash. The film has a surprise--remember when the rumors came out with the Harry Potter series that Dumbledore dies? In this film someone dies, and the franchise will never be the same. I'm not sure the replacement was the best choice or just a friend of the family, but we'll see. Another enlightened touch--it has been reported that Craig has argued for a gay Bond. Silva, with Javier Bardem as the cartoonish villain who is strangely mesmerizing, is gay. He caresses Bond and says something about Expand
  57. Aug 25, 2013
    Guess we're all not seeing the same film here. Couldn't get past the first freakin' action sequence it was just so ridiculous. I mean plausibility has got to count for something people! Also, Daniel Craig always comes off as a hard, German-looking villain type; he's not at all the suave, debonair James Bond that's made the franchise popular since the '60s. Dropped this one hard.
  58. Jul 16, 2013
    This is one of the BEST Bond films ever made, that brings Bond back after the terrible 'Quantum of Solace'. Bond is brought back after four long years in major style and emotional context that really matches the times. Everything about this film is thrilling- the story is very well written and witty, the acting is top notch (the best cast ever in a Bond film), the music is amazing, theThis is one of the BEST Bond films ever made, that brings Bond back after the terrible 'Quantum of Solace'. Bond is brought back after four long years in major style and emotional context that really matches the times. Everything about this film is thrilling- the story is very well written and witty, the acting is top notch (the best cast ever in a Bond film), the music is amazing, the title song is classic Bond and one of the best songs of the series, the villain is truly frightening and threatening, the action is epic, etc. Another perfect Bond film that brought Bond back with a bang. Great, great film. Expand
  59. Mar 31, 2013
    Skyfall is not a typical James Bond film. It's much more of a generic action film with some brief references to its context. The story is too simple, the pacing is wrongand the action sequences are nowhere near James Bond standard. However, as an action film, Skyfall is fantastic. It's beautifully directed, has good acting, quite long and suspensful throughout. It's not clever orSkyfall is not a typical James Bond film. It's much more of a generic action film with some brief references to its context. The story is too simple, the pacing is wrongand the action sequences are nowhere near James Bond standard. However, as an action film, Skyfall is fantastic. It's beautifully directed, has good acting, quite long and suspensful throughout. It's not clever or innovative or humourous, but for what it is and what it does, Skyfall does it very well. If you're a big James Bond fan you may be slightly dissapointed, but if you're after a solid action film you can't go wrong with Skyfall. Expand
  60. Nov 17, 2012
    Best James Bond Movie Yet Bond Girl didn't last to long but other than that the movie is good. This Movie had the best opening in the history of the Franchise
  61. Jun 3, 2013
    Stripped down of all the Bond usual decorations (girls, chases, gadgets, exotic locations, etc…) Skyfall has a very simple plot: a disgruntled ex-employee wants to take revenge on the employer who dumped him. Unfortunately, and proving once more that Bond films are just appearance over substance, this logic premise falls down the drain at every twist and turn.

So as not to attract

So as not to attract attention to his plan, the villain steals a top secret list and makes it public. That is definitely the best way to be inconspicuous…. But what the villain wants is simply to be captured and taken into custody, close to his intended victim. Such victim is a frail old lady who presumably can be dispatched very easily, just by taking a trip to London and ambushing her at her house.

However, it turns out that killing the lady is a lot more difficult than it seems and even placing a bomb inside the HQ of the secret service is not up to the task although it spreads serious doubts about the professionalism of MI6.

Added randomly to the mix are bits and pieces from countless other successful movies: Mission: Impossible (the stolen list, which is forgotten half way into the movie), Blade Runner (the stunning Shanghai night scape), Inception (the Oriental casino), and The Silence of the Lamb (Hannibal's glass cage) etc...The result is a boring, overlong mess that does not make much sense.

The villain, played by an embarrassing Bardem wearing a blonde wig, is hardly scary at all. He acts like a rejected child who wants to attract the attention of his mummy. Bond is weary and demotivated (and so are we, at this stage). He beds a couple of gorgeous women in a couple of bizarre scenes, both superfluous. He is out of shape, but he manages to kill almost single-handedly a dozen baddies assaulting his home. One of the field agents is actually a secretary. Ralph Fiennes looks fat, bold and very middle-aged… whatever…

Throughout the movie I started thinking that even Quantum of Solace was better than Skyfall and that leads to the final questions: what about the delirious reviews about this being "the best Bond ever?" Were the official reviewers bribed to glorify the 50th Bond anniversary? What did they drink (or smoke) before writing their reviews? Did they watch the same Skyfall movie I watched or perhaps a special edition just for them?

Die-hard Bond fans will love it anyway. They love them all, even if it is always the same story, re-told with small variations: Bond is invincible and irresistible to women and he always saves the world, thanks to a few gadgets, his Martinis and his beloved car. No need to invent anything new.
  62. Nov 9, 2012
    Anche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica eAnche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica e psicologica lascia un po Expand
  63. Jun 3, 2013
    Reading reviews by other users on this sight baffles me; who really cares if there is blatant product placement? Did it ruin the movie that much that you had to give 0? This is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, and Daniel Craig is certainly a contender for the title of "greatest Bond ever".

Craig portrays Bond in a way we have not previously seen; he presents Bond as a broken man that's lost his edge forget the suave, handsome, perfect man that most of us believe Bond to be and picture a washed up, bearded, borderline alcoholic, a man who is merely a hollow shell of what he once was. That's what makes Craig so appealing, he plays Bond with a sense of realism and vulnerability. The villain of this movie is wonderfully portrayed by Javier Bardem (known for his portrayal of Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men); a man who relies more on his brain than physical strength, a man betrayed by his own people and on a personal vendetta against the woman who betrayed him. He's a believable villain, bearing many similar traits to the villain of Die Hard 4. Bardem plays the part with a great deal of charm; although he has a small amount of screen time he makes the most of every scene he is in and was undeservedly snubbed for an Supporting Actor Academy Award.

Sam Mendes has made a perfect Bond that is realistic but also pays tribute to the Bond films of the past. Mendes, unlike his Bond director predecessors, develops the background characters giving them depth and emotion; M now serves a purpose in this movie and is portrayed by Judi Dench as a woman afraid of letting her country down and losing her pride. Q is introduced in this movie as a considerably younger man, he's a computer genius with a poor sense of humour who despite his intelligence is still outsmarted by the villain. Apart from developing the characters, Mendes also utilises some brilliant cinematography; the fight between Bond and the assassin is reminiscent of the fight in Moonraker and the villain is introduced with a 30 second static camera that doesn't move instead the villain walks towards the camera until we can discern his appearance.

The music for this film is conducted by Thomas Newman who does a brilliant job supplying background music for scenes. However my one real criticism of the film is the opening song; Skyfall by Adele. I dislike the fact that she was hired, not because I have a personal dislike of her music, but because the producers aimed to release a commercially successful song that would win the Academy Award. The song is easily one of the worst in the history of Bond movies and should have been replaced with a song that reflects the tone of the movie.

Apart from that criticism this is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, its a return to form after the disappointment of Quantum of Solace, and Daniel Craig will be the greatest Bond ever. Roll on Bond 24.
  64. Mar 23, 2015
    Every sequence in film is borrow from past bond films. Q is an incompetent twink . Home Alone homage towards the end. Some reason Q is dumb. I did not know Bond was in the Nolan-verse did Chris Nolan direct this and Sam Mendez just take credit . Awkward how they imply M and Bond have a romantic relationship. Q is stupid . Joker was not needed in a Bond spy thriller.

And finally the

And finally the reference that male spies would have to seduce other men during some missions same for women is true I really liked that the finally did something different.
  65. Dec 7, 2012
    Generally, Bond movies are all about being the Alpha male, awesome action scenes, cool gadgets, fancy cars, beautiful women, and devious evil antagonists. Well, that IS the case with Skyfall. However, for me it was really pretty blah in terms of the overall feel of the movie. It felt slow, and perhaps that's what they were going for to reflect how Bond has slowed with age, but it was TOOGenerally, Bond movies are all about being the Alpha male, awesome action scenes, cool gadgets, fancy cars, beautiful women, and devious evil antagonists. Well, that IS the case with Skyfall. However, for me it was really pretty blah in terms of the overall feel of the movie. It felt slow, and perhaps that's what they were going for to reflect how Bond has slowed with age, but it was TOO slow in some parts. And it jumped around a lot more than I think other Bond movies have. I watched this in the movie theater, as I usually do for big action films, and honestly I think it's not really worth the admission price. Wait for it to go on Netflix or DVD. I love the Bond movies, they're awesome, but this one falls short of that awesome by a wide margin. It's simply... decent. It has a lot of elements we've come to expect, but it does try to make itself stand out by trying to bring a more modern feel to the whole thing -- Bond is older, actual "boots on the ground" is not as necessary with the advent of the Internet and rise of technology, which causes a whole host of major problems, the main problem of the story centering on that. The only saving grace for me is the acting of Javier Bardem. The critics have said it, and many have agreed, that whenever he and Daniel Craig are in a scene he STEALS the scene. His acting is superb and the character he portrays is truly brought to life. As far as the rest of the cast... I did not agree with who they got for the other roles. References to past Bond movies were nice, but felt forced. Also, I did not feel an emotional connection with Bond even though it was clear they were trying to get the audience to feel sorry and sad for him. Expand
  66. Nov 30, 2012
    "Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the"Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the skyscraper scene in Shanghai, and everything feels like the classic, traditional Bond while maintaining a marvelous, modern look and style. The plot is very fresh and entertaining, and where the previous two Craig films were somewhat lacking in their villains and finales, this one more than compensates with a much truer and more traditional-feeling villian, played to great effect by Javier Bardem, and a flat-out fantastic climax. Add it all together, and the 50th anniversary Bond marks a genuine step up in quality and entertainment. Absolutely awesome. Expand
  67. Feb 26, 2013
    The progress made in bringing the franchise into the modern age is spectacularly undone. By the end of this film, you find yourself staring at the start of every early Bond film. While this could have been a superb way to wrap up 'Bond will return' and that is rather a depressing notion.
  68. Apr 2, 2013
    A few okay action scenes, but mostly a long, boring movie with no real point. I wouldn't recommend it. It might be okay for a few loyal bond fans, but if you aren't a James Bond superfan, you probably won't like it.
  69. Jan 17, 2015
    After the rushed misfire of "QoS", time and effort was spent getting "Skyfall" right, and right it is in every way. Strong story and performances, as well as having a real director on board this time, and this must rank in the top 10 Bond films of all time. The cinematography is first rate and Adele's theme song is lush. If you enjoyed "Casino Royale", you'll enjoy "Skyfall".
  70. Sep 1, 2013
    Its a great film better then the bull last James bond movie, I enjoyed Skyfall yet didn't really like the villain because i really couldn't understand his motives or really understand why he wanted to kill everybody, pretty sure the movie tells us why, but it felt rather dull the story.
  71. Nov 17, 2012
    Skyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities verySkyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities very well. The special effects are very impressive. The music is some of the greatest music in any film ever. The suspense. The classic feel of the James Bond films is perfectly portrayed. The whole film is just brilliantly done, it's gripping, exciting, action-packed, it's got an incredible and classic feel to it. Skyfall is one of the greatest film of all time, if you haven't seen it yet, you have to see it, it's highly recommended! 10/10. Definitely. Expand
  72. Nov 18, 2012
    skyfall is such an awesome movie, that i literally had a heart attack (sort of). i hated the previous bond movies, because i thought that daniel craig sucked as james bond, because james bond is not really a character in the traditional sense. he's more of a tour through a magic land full of guns, one-liners, secret spies and lovely ladies. casino royale and quantum of solace tried to giveskyfall is such an awesome movie, that i literally had a heart attack (sort of). i hated the previous bond movies, because i thought that daniel craig sucked as james bond, because james bond is not really a character in the traditional sense. he's more of a tour through a magic land full of guns, one-liners, secret spies and lovely ladies. casino royale and quantum of solace tried to give him a back story, but ended up making him a gritty hardass that's no fun to watch at all. and that made me think that i could never love this new james bond. but after having seen this movie, i know that they weren't bad because they tried to give bond a back story, but because they made a poor attemt to give bond a back story. this james bond brings the same fun i remember from the classics, and the back story didn't impede that at all! in fact, it elevates the previous movies to a certain extend. skyfall is a great action movie, but it's especially good to finally have james bond back. Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2012
    Look I'm NLT the biggest James Bond fan in the world, but I don't know why this film is getting praised. The first half is slow and dare I say almost somewhat boring, and the motivations of some characters are left unexplained. Also, and this may be me griping, but if Bond wasn't superhuman or a bad guy could hit a target, the movie would be over in 10 minutes. Still entertaining and anLook I'm NLT the biggest James Bond fan in the world, but I don't know why this film is getting praised. The first half is slow and dare I say almost somewhat boring, and the motivations of some characters are left unexplained. Also, and this may be me griping, but if Bond wasn't superhuman or a bad guy could hit a target, the movie would be over in 10 minutes. Still entertaining and an improvement over Quantum, though. Expand
  74. Jan 8, 2013
    Considering all the hype surrounding this film, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a bond movie to rival the greats from the 70's and 80's, but in truth this film doesn't live up to that legacy. That being said, it is an entertaining action thriller which will keep you entertained and on your toes.
  75. Dec 23, 2012
    Even if "Skyfall" lacking the classic Bond energy is a minor imperfection, it is a blemish on an action film masterpiece that is a fast-paced, emotionally charged and iconic thriller that defines itself proudly as not only one of the best action films ever, but one of the best Bond films ever - and this is appropriate, seeing that Daniel Craig is the (second) best Bond ever.
  76. Jun 28, 2013
    Skyfall is a great movie, full of action, adventure, and, well, more action. The acting is spot on, the villain is well portrayed, and it's a great Bond movie. I only have two gripes with the movie. One, there were barely any Bond gadgets, and that took away from the Bond-ness of the movie. Second, at the beginning of the movie, he's literally brought back to life by the power of sex.Skyfall is a great movie, full of action, adventure, and, well, more action. The acting is spot on, the villain is well portrayed, and it's a great Bond movie. I only have two gripes with the movie. One, there were barely any Bond gadgets, and that took away from the Bond-ness of the movie. Second, at the beginning of the movie, he's literally brought back to life by the power of sex. What....
    It's still very good. Go see it if you haven't.
  77. Mar 11, 2013
    Watching the film you notice that skyfall was inspired by the dark knight looking at javier bardem as the villain as example, with his personality, capture and rescue. It is a good dark bond losing its puff towards the end.
  78. Nov 11, 2012
    rather mundane action movie, not sure why this had so many glowing reviews. I loss attention through most of the action sequences cause they just didnt have that punch to them that casino royale had, which is a far superior film than this was. I miss the ol cheeky bond too, this is just way to serious and it even tries to be a little dark knightish, which it doesnt copy very well either.
  79. Mar 3, 2013
    Best Bond movie ever made, there is a lot of action in it and I like that, good actors, especially Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. One of the best Bond villains and an epic end. This is a new must see.
  80. Jan 22, 2013
    The latest entry to the long-running James Bond series has perhaps hit a high note for the series as a whole, which is fitting, considering it was made for the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Pretty much everything feels right about this movie, the acting is superb from all involved, but I think Javier Bardem's turn as the ever famous Bond villain, in this film Silva, steals the showThe latest entry to the long-running James Bond series has perhaps hit a high note for the series as a whole, which is fitting, considering it was made for the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Pretty much everything feels right about this movie, the acting is superb from all involved, but I think Javier Bardem's turn as the ever famous Bond villain, in this film Silva, steals the show magnificently: he's just the right amount creepy and eerie as he is camp, liking him to Heath Ledger's Joker is perhaps some of the best praise I can give him (shame he does not have an Oscar nomination, although he does have a BAFTA nomination). The film starts in a very exciting fight and chase scene, but the rest of the film is not as high octane as the opening scene, which is good as it really lets you get to see the characters properly. While most of the old Bond films have him going to exotic places to get the bad guy, Skyfall spends most of its run time in England, and the end of the film in Scotland, again, perfect for the 50th anniversary thing they had going, the scenes outside of England are just as good as ever, particularly the scenes in Shanghai, containing some of the best cinematography I have ever seen. This is not found only in Shanghai, for one of the film's crowning glories is how beautifully shot it really is. On the 50th anniversary topic, several nods are made to what happened in the older films: a lot of these, sadly, went over my head, as I have not seen many Bond films at all. It does deal with the timeline as well as it could, showing an old institution, which is changing with the times, but sticking to its roots was a fine indication of where the series is headed in the future. Exciting, beautiful, tense and disturbing can all be used to describe Skyfall, whose only problem in my book is that the final showdown was a little lackluster in places compared to the rest of the film, helped only by Silva's creepy arrival. The best Bond film? Perhaps. 92/100. Expand
  81. Nov 19, 2012
    A solid 007 movie. QOS was awful, and this was a good followup for Daniel Craig. it has little action scenes, but they are well performed, and it has a great story. See it.
  82. Dec 30, 2012
    Bond returns in Skyfall, and this picture excels as one of the more memorable entries in the lot. With Daniel Craig making his third outing as 007 and Judi Dench effectively returning as his matriarchal boss; Bond and M
  83. Nov 10, 2012
    Visually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this filmVisually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this film you should have your head examined. Enough said. Expand
  84. Nov 14, 2012
    I have not seen a bond film in a long time. Skyfall was a great movie overall and even better then The Darknight Rises and the theme song for Syfall is now stuck in my head. Skyfall 8.5/10
  85. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Quizá la más interesantes de las 3 de Daniel Craig. Porqué cierra la trilogía, por el final de M, por enseñar que el propio sistema a menudo crea a los peores villanos, y sobretodo por la magistral interpretación de Javier Bardem.
    Lo mejor de la película, cuando Bardem sobetea a Craig, y éste sabe aguantar el tipo. Magníficos los dos.
  86. Mar 4, 2014
    Really good for a mind-numbing thrill film, but not the best Bond screenplay. With hindsight as well, unraveling the film, the screenplay isn't all that great and can be at times slightly pretentious. However, great cinematography, a great soundtrack and a great performance from Bardem are its main positives, and overall it does make for an albeit solid addition to the series.
  87. Nov 15, 2012
    What the **** did i just watch???? I' was looking forward to watching 'the Best Bond movie yet!' well **** me, i bought into the b.s. hype and critic reviews again. Silly me. This is the worst James Bond movie ever made...It just sucks the soul out of the franchise...my mind has been blown by how bad this movie was....and this movie has been receiving so much praise since release?!What the **** did i just watch???? I' was looking forward to watching 'the Best Bond movie yet!' well **** me, i bought into the b.s. hype and critic reviews again. Silly me. This is the worst James Bond movie ever made...It just sucks the soul out of the franchise...my mind has been blown by how bad this movie was....and this movie has been receiving so much praise since release?! seriously what the **** is wrong with people nowadays??? Is it really hard to think for yourself???. This movie set the nail in the coffin for me...I'm certain now that movie companies really believe people are dumb as hell and they can make the crappiest movie ever but as long as they advertise it as the best thing since slice bread, it will sell. Everything nowadays is so hyped up, you almost are always consistently disappointed with the final product yet people are so brainwashed and ashamed they bought into it, they can't admit they've just been duped :( **** is ****ing sad...i mean just admit the movie was **** and spare the rest of us. At least there's still some people out there who can see past the b.s. thank ****ing god...anyways this is just another reminder why I haven't been watching movies lately. I'll stick to my videogames thank you very much. Expand
  88. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever.One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever. If you dont understand it dont write a bad review, just go watch it again, because it actually made a lot more sense than most bond films. Expand
  89. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solid enjoyable movie until.... after the parliment scene with its false ending. The last 20 minutes are pointless and you leave feeling let down. To really enjoy the movie leave before the last 20 minutes and it will be great. Another director focused movie who doesn't have the self discipline to edit themselves. Expand
  90. Nov 20, 2012
    A great movie nonetheless with an excellent theme song and great action, but with some boring scenes, a gun-barrel at the end of the movie that doesn't fit right and a plot that looked like it went mission impossible. It's been four years before a comeback drew more attention to this.
  91. Nov 15, 2012
    This movie was way overhyped... and as a result it was a let down. I should let everyone know up front that I'm not a James Bond fan at all, but there were a few that I liked. So from all the review, I figured this movie would be very enjoyable. Unfortunately, the first half was very boring... like most James Bond movies, and the main villain shows up over half way through the film, whichThis movie was way overhyped... and as a result it was a let down. I should let everyone know up front that I'm not a James Bond fan at all, but there were a few that I liked. So from all the review, I figured this movie would be very enjoyable. Unfortunately, the first half was very boring... like most James Bond movies, and the main villain shows up over half way through the film, which at that point it turned interesting. However, the ending didn't really leave me satisfied. You'd think that they could come up with a better way for Bond to dispatch the villain... Oh well... I'm sure all Bond fans will love it, just like they love all Bond movies. But for those of you who aren't fans, you can pass on this one. There are other movies out there that probably deserve viewing first. Expand
  92. Nov 9, 2012
    $10 to see this $200M movie? Count me in. A super fun long opening action sequence. Gorgeous tailored clothing. Beautiful cinematography. Attractive people. A sensible character backstory and motivation. High tech. Low tech. Retro tech. About 50 amazing set pieces.

And James Bond fixing his cuff length after jumping from a crane onto a moving train.
  93. Nov 12, 2012
    Arguably the best film in a very celebrated series concerning a rugged, battled and bruised Bond (Daniel Craig) who must put his personal troubles and professional insecurities aside in order to help his agency, MI6, from a threatening ex-agent (Javier Bardem) and his mission to destroy it. The most personal and darkest Bond film ever made is also its best, as the film is not only Craig'sArguably the best film in a very celebrated series concerning a rugged, battled and bruised Bond (Daniel Craig) who must put his personal troubles and professional insecurities aside in order to help his agency, MI6, from a threatening ex-agent (Javier Bardem) and his mission to destroy it. The most personal and darkest Bond film ever made is also its best, as the film is not only Craig's finest two hours of acting (which is not meant to be an insult, as he is a talented actor), but it also makes self-referential jabs that come across as refreshing and humorous. Director Sam Mendes strikes a delicate balance of making fun of the old films at times, but also finding a way to honor the history of the series while in the same turn reinventing it going forward as a more serious, adult series. No easy task, but he passes with flying colors, with an final scene which could not be more perfectly executed. Expand
  94. May 23, 2015
    I've literally neevr seen another Bond movie, so I can't make any comparisons. So, as a stand-alone action film (not part of a vast legacy), I'd say it's a very good movie. It's well paced and well written all-around. Action? Yes, and it's all good. Gadgets? Sure, and they're pretty awesome. Suspense? It's got that, too. Well, I've never seen another Bond film, like I said, but that seemsI've literally neevr seen another Bond movie, so I can't make any comparisons. So, as a stand-alone action film (not part of a vast legacy), I'd say it's a very good movie. It's well paced and well written all-around. Action? Yes, and it's all good. Gadgets? Sure, and they're pretty awesome. Suspense? It's got that, too. Well, I've never seen another Bond film, like I said, but that seems to cover it. Well, it also needs a stor, and this omvie has that covered, too. It isn't quite good enough to be a "must-watch" but it's still a" should-watch." I guess it's a "really-should-watch." Expand
  95. Dec 4, 2012
    This is quite remarkable for a Bond film. It manages to be wildly entertaining, funny, nostalgic, tense and ultimately heartbreaking. It's beautifully shot and directed, and very well written for most of its run-time. At the centre of the film are three excellent performances from Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench, full of subtext and subtlety; the electricity when they shareThis is quite remarkable for a Bond film. It manages to be wildly entertaining, funny, nostalgic, tense and ultimately heartbreaking. It's beautifully shot and directed, and very well written for most of its run-time. At the centre of the film are three excellent performances from Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench, full of subtext and subtlety; the electricity when they share scenes is intense. This film brings to a close one of the best relationships seen in a Bond film, between Bond and M, after providing a surprising amount of depth and back-story. It's not perfect, but there's so much here that works so impressively. Collapse
  96. Nov 10, 2012
    Awesome Bond movie, arguably the best of the Craig Bond films. The story is really involving, the actors all give fine performance and Sam Mendes' direction is perfect. Skyfall outbeats Casino Royale and I wonder if Bond 24 will be better than Skyfall though I doubt it.
  97. May 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was better than the original bond movies. In the End, there was a huge house explosion that was so big it was very loud. Adele was good in the song too. Expand
  98. Nov 12, 2012
    The plot was quite dark and the movie seemed to drag on too long. Darkness is ok to an extent but there was very little that was fun or even interesting in the movie; not even many interesting gadgets that previous Bond movies typically include. I like Daniel Craig, but this is clearly the worst of the Craig series of Bond movies. I won't recommend any family or friends go see this movie.
  99. Nov 9, 2012
    The best movie since The Dark Knight. Craig has usurped Connery as the best Bond, and this movie comes with one of the most memorable villains in Raoul Silva, with an amazing performance from Javier Bardem.
  100. Feb 18, 2013
    You have to review the Bond movies within their context. As such, Skyfall is by means not bad one. There is something new and something familiar to keep both old and new fans watching. When you are going to see a any James Bond movie you pretty much know what to expect and Skyfall delivers exactly this.

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.