Skyfall

7.6

1. Nov 12, 2012
    For Bond fans, this is a solid movie. If you love the more serious Bond movies, this one should appeal greatly. If you looking for something along the lines of the Roger Moore era films, you will be disappointed. The reviews were people gave this a zero are being absurd. Skyfall is one of the best of the Bond movies in many ways. It does have issues, but all Bond films have issues. If youFor Bond fans, this is a solid movie. If you love the more serious Bond movies, this one should appeal greatly. If you looking for something along the lines of the Roger Moore era films, you will be disappointed. The reviews were people gave this a zero are being absurd. Skyfall is one of the best of the Bond movies in many ways. It does have issues, but all Bond films have issues. If you are looking for mindless action every five seconds, this is not for you. If you expect to see crazy gadgets, you will be disappointed. This is one of the more serious Bond movies and is a classic. Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2014
    Skyfall is nothing less than an achievement, not just for action films, but for bond films in general. It is as much of a progression as Casino Royale was. These are how bonds need to be made, they are brilliant. A veteran franchise like this still has a bright future, and I can’t wait to see what Hollywood will do with the next one.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    The movie has all the elements of a James Bond movie. Cool dude. I like it that the new Q is now a youngster, just in keeping with the times - the typical geek is a teen or a twenty-something. The mixture of new and old is great. Loved it.
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    Okay so is bond #23 everything you hoped for it to be or is it just a huge flop?
    Haha, you kidding? This film is great.
    But before I go any farther… …Adele, you, you are what 007 opening credits were made for. Now that I got that out of the way… This film opens up explosively. From the first action scene to the beautiful opening credit sequence you have already gotten your moneys
    Haha, you kidding? This film is great.
    But before I go any farther…

…Adele, you, you are what 007 opening credits were made for.
    Now that I got that out of the way…
    This film opens up explosively. From the first action scene to the beautiful opening credit sequence you have already gotten your moneys worth. bond #23 is easily the “best looking” one to date. I’m not only talking effects here, I mean lightning and camera work. The use of colour really goes a step forward here, setting the mood perfectly even when locale jumps from one another. Not only that, but for an action film, it knows how to slow down and become even a bit artsy. Let me explain.
    There is a scene in which Bond is chasing “someone”, lets call him, “wood be assassin.” This “wood be assassin” is on a mission of his own. Instead of going in guns blazing, he decides to be very stealthy. While doing so they enter a room beautifully illuminated with blue light; zero sound was used in this scene as well, making it ten times as thrilling, and this is only one example, there are plenty more.
    When Bond meets his enemy for the first time (played by Javier Bardem) The scene also lacks any score of any kind, but to good effect. Instead you hear only two things, Javier’s long menacing metaphor, and the echoing sounds of his footsteps.
    Besides these little details, Skyfall has great performances by Daniel Craig and especially Judi Dench. These two are the highlights of this movie, and by that I mean this story focuses heavily on their relationship and the many details about MI6. This story is easily the strongest one from an emotional standpoint.
    If I have any gripes, one would be the length. I know it’s a Bond film and there are many story details to fit in, and I am a man who can respect slow paced films as long as they benefit the story and or serve a purpose to the suspense/mood of a film. But a few points in the middle of here I found myself wanting the film to progress a bit faster.
    However,
  5. Dec 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was good. I watched it last night after work (which was the late showing at 10:10 in my area) but fell asleep a couple of times. It was a bit long but very good. Like the fact that it focused more on M (although she died) but it was worth watching. Not better than Casino Royale, in my opinion, but still pretty good. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2012
    This was the most surprising Bond movie I've ever seen. It has everything you see in a Bond movie but also everything you don't see in Bond movies so much. This one felt like it tried to be a different film while still remaining a Bond film at the same time. Bond just proves that he is a superhero you don't see in comic books. He is a badass and knows how to kick (or shoot) butt. How doesThis was the most surprising Bond movie I've ever seen. It has everything you see in a Bond movie but also everything you don't see in Bond movies so much. This one felt like it tried to be a different film while still remaining a Bond film at the same time. Bond just proves that he is a superhero you don't see in comic books. He is a badass and knows how to kick (or shoot) butt. How does he not qualify as a superhero even if he doesn't have powers?

Watch this movie. If you're a Bond fan or not you'll love this movie. It is designed for both fans and non-fans. It has all the action you'd expect from a James Bond movie, while having a strong script that is executed in a way that will appeal to newcomers as well.

The Second act of the movie is the best part, that and the (INCREDIBLE) opening chase scene. Also, this could be the first Bond movie to definitely be a period piece of modern times. However it will live on as one of the greats in the series. The cyber-terrorism plot is not exactly what you would expect from Bond, but the way it's done here, it's right at home.

Skyfall is a breakthrough in the James Bond franchise. Watch it on the big screen before it is out of the theatre altogether. You'll be surprised.
  7. Nov 11, 2012
    Director,screenplay,actors,sound=awesome.Good election to choose ADELE for the song.I think that it will be nominated to the Academy Award:
    -Best Original Song
    -Best Cinematography
    -Best Actor
    -Best Supporting Actor
    -Best Supporting Actress
    -Best Sound Mixing
    -Best Sound Editing
    I see you in the Academy Awards.
  8. Nov 11, 2012
    By no means a bad film, my main issue was that it didn't take itself seriously, and often touched on parody. The action sequences are top-drawer, as you'd expect, but the story line is pretty weak. I've probably rated it up a mark having viewed it in the cinema, too. Having said all that, it's a major improvement over a Quantum of Solace, if nothing else.
  9. Nov 10, 2012
    I think when it comes to bond movies you think action suspense and cool gadgets. This movie had me glued and walked out happy. I'm not a huge bond fan but the guy from no country for old men the bad guy I forget his name. He was amazing in this movie.
  10. Dec 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. best bond movie in a long time. competes with bourne series which has been kicking its arss. Javier Bardem is a bit superficial as the villian, not so believable as a villian or a person. Judy Dench finally leaves the series for the better. Next movie should be great with new M Expand
  11. Apr 21, 2015
    Not entirely hate-able, Skyfall ventures towards something resembling a plot for the first time in Bond history. Great villain, great performance from Javier Bardem. Daniel Craig is as cool, calm and collected as always. My favourite part of the movie was the credits, which doesn't bode well for a positive review.
  12. Sep 26, 2014
    Having never watched any of the Bond movies, I enjoyed this movie very much. I liked Bond's character arch, going from a lost man to a man who finally finds himself and his destiny. Javier Bardem's character was such a great villain. He reminded me a lot of the Joker, from how creepy and sardonic he was. He had a stong presence as a character that could be felt in any scene. A great hero,Having never watched any of the Bond movies, I enjoyed this movie very much. I liked Bond's character arch, going from a lost man to a man who finally finds himself and his destiny. Javier Bardem's character was such a great villain. He reminded me a lot of the Joker, from how creepy and sardonic he was. He had a stong presence as a character that could be felt in any scene. A great hero, an excellent villain and a plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat is a recipe for a fantastic movie. Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2012
    This film is excellent, a must see for any Bond fan or for anyone who just loves a good action film. All the major aspects of the franchise are here, incredible action, gorgeous women, exotic locations and they're all pulled off brilliantly. One of the things I loved the most about this film was how it often gave nods to the classic bond films of the past, almost to the point of spoofingThis film is excellent, a must see for any Bond fan or for anyone who just loves a good action film. All the major aspects of the franchise are here, incredible action, gorgeous women, exotic locations and they're all pulled off brilliantly. One of the things I loved the most about this film was how it often gave nods to the classic bond films of the past, almost to the point of spoofing yet the film still managed to fresh and new and modern. Daniel Craig has really settled into the role and gives a brilliant performance, which is vital seeing as this one of the most personal stories for 007 there has ever been. The rest of the cast are also brilliant with Judi Dench giving everything in her best performance as M and Ben Whishaw being a very welcome addition as Q. Javier Bardem also gives a great performance as the villain for the film, and while I did feel he came across as a bit too strange and non-threatening at first my opinion had definitely changed by the time the credits roled. As for the bad stuff, well I think the the only real problem with Skyfall is that it seems to drag on a bit during the second act, I felt like there were some scenes that could have been cut for time and that the script, while brilliantly written for the most part, wasn't paced quite well enough to suit the running time. But that is no reason to not see this film! Expand
  14. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall is another incredible movie for 2012. After Batman, this is probably my favorite movie this year. The action scenes are incredible, the villain is incredible, the music is incredible and best of all the story, this time, is much better developed. After the overly complicated story of Quantum of Solace, Skyfall simplifies things for the better flourishing its elegance and style toSkyfall is another incredible movie for 2012. After Batman, this is probably my favorite movie this year. The action scenes are incredible, the villain is incredible, the music is incredible and best of all the story, this time, is much better developed. After the overly complicated story of Quantum of Solace, Skyfall simplifies things for the better flourishing its elegance and style to maximum heights. Daniel Craig once again does an incredible job as Bond, performing extraordinary in all of the different levels of emotions that this film's Bond demands. Javier Bardem as Silva also makes for a funny and very memorable villain. Overall Skyfall takes some interesting routes that were never expected or done in other 007 movies, and so, ultimately ends up being a very enjoyable and a fresh ride. With Casino Royale and this, Craig's Bond is growing into being the best ever. Expand
  15. Dec 5, 2012
    I enjoyed the experience but cannot help but feel that it was over-hyped. I expected something at least on level with Casino Royale, if not better from the way the critics were gushing over this thing. I will say that I enjoyed it more so than Quantum but it just did not pull me in like I thought it would. The scenes were fun in a lot of ways, but they felt disconnected, or quicklyI enjoyed the experience but cannot help but feel that it was over-hyped. I expected something at least on level with Casino Royale, if not better from the way the critics were gushing over this thing. I will say that I enjoyed it more so than Quantum but it just did not pull me in like I thought it would. The scenes were fun in a lot of ways, but they felt disconnected, or quickly stitched together to form a plot. I enjoy Craig as Bond, and the addition of Q was good but could have been better. Javier Bardem was a great Bond villain that had potential to be excellent if not for the predictable ending. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2012
    Its not a typical Bond film. Its good without a doubt, but lacks in the cheesy goofiness department that defined many of the previous Bond movies. I personally like the darker realism of the movie.
  17. Feb 14, 2013
    All I can say is that this is the best Bond movie to date! I'm really glad that they made Bond a more human character. It was a very different take from any Bond movie to date. It's good to see them trying to keep evolving the franchise. Love the directing and cinematography from Mendes. Can't wait for the next chapter!
  18. Nov 9, 2012
    As a kid all I watched were Bond movies. Sean Connery was my favorite out of all of them. Casino Royale came out and Daniel Craig was so interesting to watch. He was gritty and different than the other's. I'm happy to say that I liked Skyfall even better than Casino Royale. In fact it may be my favorite Bond film yet. Why? Well because Daniel Craig has proved that he is a brilliant bond.As a kid all I watched were Bond movies. Sean Connery was my favorite out of all of them. Casino Royale came out and Daniel Craig was so interesting to watch. He was gritty and different than the other's. I'm happy to say that I liked Skyfall even better than Casino Royale. In fact it may be my favorite Bond film yet. Why? Well because Daniel Craig has proved that he is a brilliant bond. He in fact is one of my favorites. May even be my favorite. In Skyfall his performance is so top notch and well done. The plot is interesting and deeper than other Bond films. One must think about the plot over a day or so. At first it doesn't seem to deep, but than it hits you the next day how deep it actually was. The action scenes are choreographed to perfection. The locations are breath taking. The visuals are stunning. Javier Bardem is masterful in this film. I could not help but smile whenever he talked. His dialogue was so evil and twisted. His character was the most colorful of the film, and also the of the most colorful and rememberable villains in the Bond films. Bardem is flawless through out the whole film. Sam Mendes directed Skyfall with up most skill. He adds new elements to Bond, but is sure not to forget about keeping some classic Bond elements in the mix. I am very impressed with Skyfall. In fact I can't wait to see what's next for Bond. I would hope that Craig would return, because I have become so attached to his Bond. Excellent work by the cast and crew. This film is the best movie I have seen so far this year! I hope it gets Oscar attention. It certainly deserves it! Expand
  19. Nov 17, 2012
    Loved Skyfall from start to end. Amazing action, brilliant acting, and the story is awesome. I'm glad they killed off M and the Bond girls were super HOT. Action sequences were explosive, sound quality was ground shaking, and cinematography was perfect. Every Craig-Bond film has been absolutely stellar, can't wait to see his next.
  20. Nov 12, 2012
    There a lot of things I would like to say about the New James Bond Movie skyfall. This movie isn't the best movie of the year, but it is really impact with so much action, and so much thrill, which never seems to stop, right from the beginning to the very end of the movie. Daniel Craig adds so much life to the Bond Character. The movie is a little confusing from the very beginning, becauseThere a lot of things I would like to say about the New James Bond Movie skyfall. This movie isn't the best movie of the year, but it is really impact with so much action, and so much thrill, which never seems to stop, right from the beginning to the very end of the movie. Daniel Craig adds so much life to the Bond Character. The movie is a little confusing from the very beginning, because the sniper bullet that struck James, never kills him it went right through him and he never took his life, very confusing, this movie is definitely a real thrill ride, and it is worth every penny I paid to watch it. If you want action and fun see Skyfall, and you will not definitely be disappointed, in my opinion. I love those Brits. Expand
  21. Nov 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, even after a week this movie is still quite fresh in mind. Pros: Javier Bardem, what can I say. A copycat of Heath Ledger's Joker, yet mixed in with a bit of Julian Assange and you get one of the creepiest, yet brilliant villains of all the Bond franchises. And so determined to kill a single person.

Judi really did a great job for her swan song. First time that M actually became a principal rather than a supporting, and she really gave a good impression.

Lots of sarcastic jokes interlaced in the movie. Depending on your tolerance this may be quite annoying to some but to me, the laughters in the cinema when I watched is testament enough.

This movie really came full circle of the reimaging of Bond. Daniel Craig is without doubt one of the best Bond's for the 21st century. Now you really can trace him evolving from a blunt, cold blooded assassin, to being the legend himself. You even get to see how certain characters have begun their lives in MI6 in this newer Bond

The plot was brilliantly layed out, yet unconvoluted unlike some movies that pretentiously use it as "complexity". You know what da Silva wants, but never know how it is to be implemented. Quite clever writing. And the theme of going old school, to outwit cyberterrorism is quite smartly written, going gritty ala Sean Connery days with lesser gadgets, more grit, with a few hiccups. You can also see the clash between Cold War attitudes vs. current liberalist post Wikileaks attitude as part of the theme. I didn't need to waste time recalling areas with plot holes, or if there are the escapism was intense enough to distract me.

Cons: Action. Because this movie tries to break free from QoS Bournification, it kinda overcompensated. No really memorable scenes came into mind. Part of it may come from the movie's tight budget, and it will be it's Achilles heel as action minded audiences will come out of there yawning and giving unfair criticisms. It all comes down to personal taste but come on, the old school movies that were so highly praised were not flamboyant in action too.

The third act. A precedent in Bond history as the villain..... doesn't die in a typical fashion. Anticlimactic, almost like Bane in TDKR. But at least he kept up the creepy up to the end and died with dignity. Furthermore there is a question of why he kept throwing grenades at a burning house instead of just storming in if he wants M, shouldn't more precision be used instead?

Product placement is very atrocious. You can see it in the pre-screening and some of it doesn't end up in the film, it ends up on the tie in game. Again a side effect of making a film on a tighter budget.

Bond MIA during his 3 months on a beach. First WTF was that 2 scene sex scene? Pointless. And whilsta subplot involves Bond getting shell-shocked with his work supposed to be in this movie, it was poorly expositioned. Pointless especially when he got on the 1st flight to London the second he heard MI6 was blown up. I think what Mendes was trying to do was to draw a comparison between Bond and da Silva given their similar circumstances, but this was so underdeveloped.

Bond's backstory was interesting. I want MORE, yet it was dangled out like a **** and stopped being mentioned by the beginning of act 3.

Thomas Newman did a fairly good job using older Bond music in action scenes, but Powell was better. At some point when the DB5 was blown up, the music goes upbeat as if to suggest it pissed Bond off. Inappropriate, only invocative to Bond fans, but just looks corny.

Naomie Harris is going to be a bit of a problem as Moneypenny. 1st she's a field op who thinks she can be at Bond's level. Any form of chemistry in the old Moneypennies is gone because it all hinges on Moneypenny being the (rather sexistly) damsel trying to get to Bond's heart. Even in the 80s to 90s Moneypenny is sarcastic but still charming. That doesn't work here since she can do what a field op can. Those flirty moments just doesn't work, no chemistry....

Conclusion: Superb movie, probably the best so far ,but compared to Casino Royale this one just missed by the skin of its teeth. The story is great, completes the saga, Adele was great, Bardem was memorable, but the action is lackluster, underused subplots and anticlimactic fights drags the movie a bit. It also will get shot by action-minded moviegoers interested in QoS or Rises, but for me its a thumbs up to the max. Here's to a fruitful career, Mr Craig.
  22. Apr 11, 2013
    I have been a long-time fan of the Bond series, and I was blown away with this film. It was a great relief from the past two Bond films, many may have enjoyed them, but I just didn't see true Bond in "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace". This really made me respect Daniel Craig and actually want to see him as 007 more.
  23. Nov 11, 2012
    Admittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villainAdmittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villain in such a way that you kind of forget that the thing's he's doing are a bit unrealistic. Overall a great movie. Expand
  24. Jan 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed the movie, but I've never seen a Bond movie before this one. Perhaps it may not live up to the Bond name, as people are saying, I would not know, but I do know that regardless, it's fantastic watch and incredibly entertaining.
  25. Nov 9, 2012
    After boring Quantum of Solace, I expect that new film about agent 007 will be with more interesting story and more gripping situations. Finally, we get excellent film with "clever" plot, good casting and unexpected ending. Waiting the continuation.
  26. Dec 23, 2012
    Honestly, it was a very good film. It was suspenseful at times. Honestly, there were quite a few things that I didn't like about it, aka it didn't engage me at times during the movie.
  27. Nov 11, 2012
    Another great Bond film that brings back some of the traditional elements you know and love from the previous movies. The chase scenes are phenomenal in this movie as well. Everyone does a good job on screen, but Javier Bardem steals the show though.
  28. Nov 11, 2012
    this had pretty much everything i'd want from a bond film. the poetic brilliance of the imagery was unexpected and the fact that it had some laughs along the way too was the icing on the cake. a very well rounded film that is constantly entertaining
  29. Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe there are lots of The Dark Knight elements and there is no exploring in some characters, but the spectacular acting (I think Javier Bardem will win another Oscar), good action and funny moments makes Skyfall still an interesting and sexy blockbuster.
  30. Dec 16, 2012
    Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain, what can I say? I think he kills it, he nailed the role so well. And the intro, the song. My favorite part of the movie is the fact that it's not like the other movies, yes, Bond isn't the ultimate man who gets laid every 20 minutes, he is rusty and must get back. I love the fact that he has to rise back, and I think people who dislike it isJavier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain, what can I say? I think he kills it, he nailed the role so well. And the intro, the song. My favorite part of the movie is the fact that it's not like the other movies, yes, Bond isn't the ultimate man who gets laid every 20 minutes, he is rusty and must get back. I love the fact that he has to rise back, and I think people who dislike it is because they dislike changes, I think this is the best Bond movie I've seen.
    The others are cool but monotone and overall, they all end up being the same, I liked this one because of the different direction it took
  31. Dec 15, 2012
    Good but not the best Bond. I'm a big fan of Craig's Bond & Casino Royale is still my favourite Bond film, with this dragging behind it. The film had its moments & had a great pace. Fiennes character was introduced well & the mother & son relationship between Bond & M was very good.
  32. May 15, 2013
    The 007 franchise was never the same after the entry of Daniel Craig as James Bond. Skyfall is not only 23rd film in the franchise as well as the best so far. Sam Mendes brings a magnificent thriller and well run with great action scenes and performance of the cast.
  33. Nov 9, 2012
    Possibly the best bond movie ever - and I have seen all the other ones. It is good exactly because it is nothing like the other ones. This movie feels more like a Die Hard (part 1) than a Bond flick. Believable storyline, forward looking and modern script and awesome direction. Daniel Craig has totally redeemed himself on this one. I always looked at him as too gruff to suit the BondPossibly the best bond movie ever - and I have seen all the other ones. It is good exactly because it is nothing like the other ones. This movie feels more like a Die Hard (part 1) than a Bond flick. Believable storyline, forward looking and modern script and awesome direction. Daniel Craig has totally redeemed himself on this one. I always looked at him as too gruff to suit the Bond character, but this role demanded exactly that rough exterior and could not have been done by anyone else (with the possible exception of Sean Connery)

If I tried (really hard) to find fault with it, all I could say is, its rather long! But an all around awesome movie ...
  34. Nov 10, 2012
    In 2006 we were pleasantly impressed by ,,Casino Royale'' and thought that was the best Bond movie. 2 years late, when ,,Quantum of Solace'' made its debut on big screen we stuck at our first opinion and began to think that 007 may be exhausted. Well, ,,Skyfall'' proves just the opposite as it resurrects an 50 years old spy. More focused on a personal dispute than a globalIn 2006 we were pleasantly impressed by ,,Casino Royale'' and thought that was the best Bond movie. 2 years late, when ,,Quantum of Solace'' made its debut on big screen we stuck at our first opinion and began to think that 007 may be exhausted. Well, ,,Skyfall'' proves just the opposite as it resurrects an 50 years old spy. More focused on a personal dispute than a global threat, ,,Skyfall'' comes forward with his characters, but it didn't forget to bring a thrilling action and a great script. Injured in appearance, but strong, determined, lucid and phlegmatic in the same time, Bond must prove his loyalty to duty. For the first time his attributes expand from being an agent as he's pulled in a personal conflict. Away from love or personal interest, he must become unselfish in making use of his attributes. Apart from Bond there's a second great item for ,,Skyfall'' and that's Javier Bardem's villain. Raoul Silva represent more than a simple villain, he's a powerful symbol, an opposite Bond, charming the viewer with his moral-psychological attitudes as well as interpretation. We witness the greatest villain in Bond movies, a sociopath, driven by personal vendetta with nothing to stop him. Silva is the cause of all intrigues, but his role becomes even more interesting with subjectivity because he's not seen only as a terrorist but as an individualist. The action of ,,Skyfall'' is already useless when you have such great character, but still, it comes to perfectly complete this ensemble with great, thrilling action, well-written script and solid story. Maybe because it's ,,guilty'' of quite some realism this story becomes even more exciting. From crowdy city into the nature, from normal conflict to personal one, the script takes credit for being made to interpret the moral and psychological action. The technicals are quite impressive to, the movie is exciting to watch, the soundtrack is just as it's supposed to be, and the frames let you enjoy Bond, action and atmosphere as well. We witness some great stunts as well as beautiful filmed frames, made especially to enjoy the audience. In conclusion ,,Skyfall'' meets the standard set by ,,Casino Royale'' and I can say it overtakes him. Now the normal questions that comes into my mind: is there any potential left for Bond or it reaches its peak? The answer is: there's still potential left in 007 and peaks can grow higher. If they continue being so great for the next movies, Bond will become the best spy with no chance to be brought down in any possible future, but he's already there... Expand
  35. Nov 22, 2012
    Since Daniel Craig took the post of Bond, the agent is turning into a complex character, with psychological density. So the origin of 007 is being explored, and it's very good since it's a trend, it's happening with batman, spiderman(tobey maguire), green lantern, superman(man of steel) and others. And it's quite fun to see how James became a 007 and know about his history. Daniel Craig isSince Daniel Craig took the post of Bond, the agent is turning into a complex character, with psychological density. So the origin of 007 is being explored, and it's very good since it's a trend, it's happening with batman, spiderman(tobey maguire), green lantern, superman(man of steel) and others. And it's quite fun to see how James became a 007 and know about his history. Daniel Craig is the best Bond in my opinion, because he has updated the Bond franchise into movies with density, drama and critics, not just act like it was before. And besides, it's more dificult to interpretate a character in this conditions. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a special Bond movie. The Bond franchise struggled to find itself for a while, hampered first by Roger Moore's camp nonsense, then placed under high expectations following Timothy Dalton's two excellent outings and finishing with the mediocre then fun then awful roller coaster ride of four outings from Piers Brosnan.
    Thankfully, Daniel Craig managed to revitalise the series with
    Thankfully, Daniel Craig managed to revitalise the series with his entries in the series that have gotten better with each outing. Skyfall though stands head and shoulders above the others. There will be no spoilers here, but the final few moments of this movie should ensure that every Bond fan leaves the theatre wearing a broad smile in anticipation of future films.
    Strong emotional engagement, well handled action and a realistically motivated villain. There is much to enjoy here and it stands up to repeated viewing. More please, its good to ave you back Mr Bond.
  37. Jan 4, 2013
    It may not be the best Bond film, but Skyfall is an exciting action movie, with an awesome villain, brilliant acting by Craig and Dench (as M), and a storyline more genuinely emotionally engaging than most other Bonds (aside from Casino Royale), even if the originality of Casino, and the escapist fun of the older Bonds, is not quite captured.
  38. Nov 14, 2012
    I don't care if I sound like a broken record when I say this: Skyfall really is the "Dark Knight" of the James Bond film franchise. You don't need to be a bond fan to enjoy this one. The action is comprehensible and exciting. The acting is great all around, with Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem always threatening to steal the show. Casino Royale was great, but Skyfall may just be better.
  39. Dec 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A fantastic passage back into classic Bond. The glory of the past through movies such as Goldfinger, Live and Let Die, Goldeneye and even the more recent Casino Royale has seen the transformation of Bond for better and at times for much worse. Quantum of Solace was unfortunately a disappointment however Skyfall comes back with an element of class ans slow pace that the more modern Bond films lack. Javier Bardem is a villain that all others should aspire to be. His bizarre suave nature allows him to be more forthright and almost liked but his vendetta that lays dormant underneath the surface comes through as the film progresses. Not a perfect film, at times the pace is too slow and the stunts outlandish and ridiculous. The acting is as you would expect superb but the climax of the film and build up to the inevitable death of Judie Dench left a little to be desired but the gritty nature that Craig brings to the franchise holds strong throughout. A brilliant notion towards more classic Bond on the horizon. Expand
  40. Jan 6, 2013
    Important to say, that there's probably no better action movie neither that the movie where James Bond comes in! Definitely, Daniel Craig's performance as an actor, even if he didn't modified, he surely saved the character from rusting. After that much years Bond is still alive!
    Will everyone agree that Skyfall is best film about James Bond's "adventure", but the thing is that Skyfall multifaceted! Better say, it's thrilling and entertaining at the same time!
  41. Mar 26, 2013
    The 23rd entry in the James Bind franchise is without a doubt my favorite one yet! It felt very personal and emotional and it shows that Bond is not as invincible as he use to be. The movie also has the best Bond villain since Goldfinger, something that this series needed badly. Honestly, I think Javier Bardem and Judi Dench should've won awards for their roles. The cinematography is someThe 23rd entry in the James Bind franchise is without a doubt my favorite one yet! It felt very personal and emotional and it shows that Bond is not as invincible as he use to be. The movie also has the best Bond villain since Goldfinger, something that this series needed badly. Honestly, I think Javier Bardem and Judi Dench should've won awards for their roles. The cinematography is some of the best I've ever seen in any movie. The long, subtle shots showed me that an action movie doesn't always need quick, rough shots. And even with all those excellent qualities, the moment in the movie that astounded me the most was the villain's entrance on the island. I had never seen a shot like that and it nearly took my breath away. Bardem was as charming and menacing as ever and the story he tells is spooky as hell. Do not miss this movie. I assure you will regret it! Expand
  42. Sep 19, 2015
    It was the first Bond film I've seen and one of their really best. there are so positive points about this movie which we all already now. but some times it was just predictable(we all knew the bad guy was gonna be killed with the knife, old idea) but there are some drama sketches which I really liked. forget M and his bad son(!) I liked the woman character who helped James Bond to try toIt was the first Bond film I've seen and one of their really best. there are so positive points about this movie which we all already now. but some times it was just predictable(we all knew the bad guy was gonna be killed with the knife, old idea) but there are some drama sketches which I really liked. forget M and his bad son(!) I liked the woman character who helped James Bond to try to kill her boss ( The scene where James was guessing her past was an all-timer and her acting was just great). again, It was a very good movie. It's not a kind- hearted movie which you would smile when you think about it later ( such as Amelie, Boyhood, ...) but still It's an astonishing achievement. By the way I don't care about the action scenes, that's why I didn't give it a 10! Expand
  43. Nov 24, 2012
    Slow at times. Thought Javier Bardem was a great villain. Otherwise, the movie had some suspenseful scenes that kept me entertained. Not a bad movie to see at the theaters.
  44. Dec 4, 2012
    I absolutely loved skyfall. I was so excited to see the new James Bond, after an upbringing being mainly about action films and being indoctrinated by 007, I arrived at the cinema with my friends. It was the second week of it being showcased at the cinema, and it was packed full! This is a good sign, I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the movie, however, the story line sometimesI absolutely loved skyfall. I was so excited to see the new James Bond, after an upbringing being mainly about action films and being indoctrinated by 007, I arrived at the cinema with my friends. It was the second week of it being showcased at the cinema, and it was packed full! This is a good sign, I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the movie, however, the story line sometimes had its downfalls. Also, the song. I really do not think that this dreary Adele song should have been chosen to be the main song for James Bond!! It's never going to be as awesome as the James Bond classics such as Goldfinger. On the contrary, I absolutely loved the tragic ending! I would thoroughly recommend going to see this James Bond movie, at least it's better than Quantum Of Solace (or do we not count that one as a James Bond movie anymore?) Expand
  45. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyfall eclipses Quantum of Solace, and redeems the franchise under Craig as Bond. From the opening featuring Adele to the Finale, I recommend this to anyone who likes films: whether they be suave, bad-ass, or generally a good movie. Mendes directs this film with such style and prowess that it feels like simply an incredible film from the beginning. The witt with Q, to Javier Bardem,Skyfall eclipses Quantum of Solace, and redeems the franchise under Craig as Bond. From the opening featuring Adele to the Finale, I recommend this to anyone who likes films: whether they be suave, bad-ass, or generally a good movie. Mendes directs this film with such style and prowess that it feels like simply an incredible film from the beginning. The witt with Q, to Javier Bardem, whom it seems is evil because of how incredibly he portrays his roles. I went to this to see Bond, but I came out seeing a great story about Bond, M, and Silva, whom I believe is one of the best villains in the Bond series ever. I was a massive fan of Casino Royale, which I truly thought was the best bond film since Dr. No, but I wholeheartedly that, in story-telling and style, Skyfall eclipsed Craig's first outing as Bond, but Casino Royale will always be one of my favorite movies. A nod to Mendes, who carried the Suave torch to another feat of greatness, with hopefully several more to come with one of the best bond's ever. Expand
  46. Nov 12, 2012
    Despite it's flaws, which were a tad too straight-forward plot as well as a few cliches, Skyfall was a fun, adventurous film that was well put-together and delivered as what all Bond movies were meant to be--a popcorn flick with oodles of action. Although perhaps the most indulgent treat it offers is the performance by Javier Bardem, who played his deranged, psychotic role to near perfection.
  47. Nov 14, 2012
    Truly an outstanding 007 film-one of the best I think. The best part was watching the bad guy getting paddled in a public square with his head and hands in stocks & him sans false teeth while wearing nothing but a tiny cowboy hat. Well, all joking aside it really was a great film...Worth seeing more than once. They did feature an actual island called Hashima that is off the coast ofTruly an outstanding 007 film-one of the best I think. The best part was watching the bad guy getting paddled in a public square with his head and hands in stocks & him sans false teeth while wearing nothing but a tiny cowboy hat. Well, all joking aside it really was a great film...Worth seeing more than once. They did feature an actual island called Hashima that is off the coast of Japan-not China-saying it had been claimed by the films bad guy when in reality it had been a mining colony that had been closed c.1960 after the deposit they had been mining was mined out. I once saw a documentary on it made by someone who had lived there as a child. Interesting. That oversight does not take away from the film though-it is a strong enough idea. Great ending with a few good twists....go see it -you won't be disappointed. Expand
  48. Nov 22, 2012
    If you thought that after Casino Royale that the Bond franchise couldn't get much better, you are in for an excellent surprise. Director Sam Mendes brings Bond back to his roots almost perfectly with the benefit of a script that will keep you guessing and loads of nostalgia that will make fans of the 50 year-old franchise freak out. If you are a Bond fan, this is a must see and if you likeIf you thought that after Casino Royale that the Bond franchise couldn't get much better, you are in for an excellent surprise. Director Sam Mendes brings Bond back to his roots almost perfectly with the benefit of a script that will keep you guessing and loads of nostalgia that will make fans of the 50 year-old franchise freak out. If you are a Bond fan, this is a must see and if you like movies in general, than this is worth checking out. Usually we find 007 dealing with an international crisis or a large scale terrorist organization of some sort. However, Skyfall is alot more personal which is probably the film's greatest aspect as it allows the audience to feel the tension between the characters as opposed to watching Bond take on random bad guys whom mean nothing to him but people who pose a threat and need to be taken care of. Craig, Dench and Bardem deserve credit for their performances as they are the reason why Skyfall is so captivating to watch in the first place. Although the team of Purvis, Wade and Logan deserve just as much credit as the actors and the director who made everything fit together as perfectly as it did. There isn't a single dull moment in the whole movie. I believe this is the best Bond to date because none of the other films manage to organize everything into a perfect blend of dramatic and action-packed thrills as this one does. Expand
  49. Dec 4, 2012
    Gives background into Bond's past like no other Bond has done before. While I would have liked to have seen 1 or 2 more good action scenes, the strong plot makes up for this. Great film!
  50. Dec 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked every bit of the movie except the main plot ending...it doesn't fit with the grandeur of things a well acted evil villain with almost unlimited resources and firepower fail to kill one hardly protected person for revenge...?? M should have been killed earlier in the movie with many other innocent people, and with the intelligence agency crippled, and london under the threat, 007 refers back to the old methods with Q assistance and then the real motives starts to emerge... none the less a good 007 movie, but Daniel Craig's "Casino Royale" is still his best mark. Expand
  51. Feb 14, 2013
    This was perhaps the best of the James Bond films for me. The main villain was the stand out, super creepy and fun to watch. The action was solid and the camera work was above par. The set pieces (where they decided to shoot to film) were a pleasure to look at. There were a few odd "rolled my eyes" moments, but only about 5 or so. Overall, a good action movie with a lot of interestingThis was perhaps the best of the James Bond films for me. The main villain was the stand out, super creepy and fun to watch. The action was solid and the camera work was above par. The set pieces (where they decided to shoot to film) were a pleasure to look at. There were a few odd "rolled my eyes" moments, but only about 5 or so. Overall, a good action movie with a lot of interesting visuals and one of the creepiest villains to date. Expand
  52. Feb 2, 2013
    The third James Bond film starring Daniel Craig. With Casino Royale being, in my opinion, one of the best Bond films of all time, and Quantum of Solace being one of the worst I felt like a lot was riding on this one, and boy, did it deliver. Whilst I don't think it was as good as Casino Royale it is still a very good and is up there with the best Bond films. My only critiques would be thatThe third James Bond film starring Daniel Craig. With Casino Royale being, in my opinion, one of the best Bond films of all time, and Quantum of Solace being one of the worst I felt like a lot was riding on this one, and boy, did it deliver. Whilst I don't think it was as good as Casino Royale it is still a very good and is up there with the best Bond films. My only critiques would be that the villain didn't hold as much presence as previous Bond villains, he didn't really care about destroying the world more about a revenge. Also, towards the end I got the feeling that it felt more like a Christopher Nolan Batman film than a James Bond film. But in conclusion, it was a very well done film and I think it's safe to say that Daniel Craig has earned his place as James Bond. Expand
  53. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My favorite 007 till now has been Sean Connery. But in second position I definitely consider Daniel Craig.
    Casino Royale left great impact but Quantum of solace dissapointed.
    Now its skyfall. And its actually a rise again.
    Daniel Craig lived the character of James bond.
    Also, this bond is realistic.
    The script is good.
    Action less but amazing.
    Especially the beginning is outstanding.
    Background score is academy worthy and so it was rewarded.
    Adele sung the score beautifully.
    The villain is quite satisfying.
    All in all, Bond returned with a bang emotionally, and with full charm.
    Must watch!.
  54. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very well done 007 movie. Perfectly spaced out between the action scenes and great CGI. Must see for any action fan. Saw this in IMAX 3D. Thought towards the end it was dragged out whenever the badguy was attacking the house and chasing the lady down. besides that its worth it. Expand
  55. Nov 17, 2012
    I'd give this a solid 4.5/5

Increadible movie. Fans of the Bond series will love it but newcomers might not. I loved every second of this film. Bond is such a great character and he is very well portrayed by Craig. Dialogues are great and the cinematography and shots are just well shot. This film focuses a lot on character but it doesn't get distracted by them if that makes any sense.
    I'd give this a solid 4.5/5

although the script and story were great I can't say that the plot and structure is great either. Some of the things at the end of act 2 and beginning of act 3 was just kind of mediocre and done "too fast". The villain is kind of predictable around this stage. I was waiting for sth more elaborate than what happened. Some action sequences, as i said, are pretty bad at times and it's very distracting. However those bad moments are saved by the great cameos and character moments which are very fascinating and intriguing
  56. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The spoilers are not strictly spoilers (i.e., no plot or story give-aways). But if you like figuring out things about a movie on your own, there are a few things in here you may not wish to read.

That said -

This is a really good movie. It's about getting older, so I can see how if you are young it wouldn't be too appealing. But in my opinion it does so many things right: Great visuals, poetic/literary tie-ins (The Second Coming, Ozymandias), many hat's off or homage to earlier Bond films, etc. It's just plain fun. However, it's probably more fun if you are a bit older (I'm fifty, the age of the Bond franchise).
  57. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The latest bond flick is just exhilarating. from over the top car chasing to awesome bare fighting,"Skyfall" has it all. all of it was credited to director Sam Mendez,whose vision is bold enough to take the bond movie beyond its formula.his dramatic approach toward Bond relationship with "M" showed the other story of how he struggled to keep the MI6 intact.despite a rather dramatic approach,Mendez also haven't forgotten the legacy of the series which make "Skyfall" one of the best bond film ever" Expand
  58. Jan 22, 2013
    Skyfall is a great new take on the James Bond franchise. It really explores the years of toll a life being James Bond would have on a person. It even explores Bond's origins and family life. A great undertaking for a franchise that is usually about giving you cheesy one-liners and large explosions for entertainment. We would get a lot more balance of storyline if every James Bond movie wasSkyfall is a great new take on the James Bond franchise. It really explores the years of toll a life being James Bond would have on a person. It even explores Bond's origins and family life. A great undertaking for a franchise that is usually about giving you cheesy one-liners and large explosions for entertainment. We would get a lot more balance of storyline if every James Bond movie was written this well. Probably one of my favorite Bond movies now. Expand
  59. Nov 17, 2012
    This bond film was different from the others. This, in my opinion, means that it is better and worse in some ways, for one simple reason - there are less chases and typical bond scenes and the film is much deeper and thought-provoking because of this. This made the film more adult which was good but I still missed typical bond scenes. This is a really good film that will appeal to a widerThis bond film was different from the others. This, in my opinion, means that it is better and worse in some ways, for one simple reason - there are less chases and typical bond scenes and the film is much deeper and thought-provoking because of this. This made the film more adult which was good but I still missed typical bond scenes. This is a really good film that will appeal to a wider audience, however hardcore fans may be disappointed. Expand
  60. Jan 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is by far the best film of 2012. I have seen many complaints ranging from "It wasn't realistic enough" to "It was too realistic and not corny enough like the original Bond films". I have seen every Bond film and my favourite Bond will always be Pierce -- and this can then show I have no problem with the "corny" and over-dramatic Bond films. This film was a work of art, every scene was perfectly scripted, acted and shot and scenes such as the fist-fight in the dimly lit skyscraper took my breath away. The Casino scenes were stylistically beautiful, the opening chase scene was thrilling and perfectly done. Daniel Craig did a great performance, his portrayal of a darker James Bond, slipping from his standards and becoming sloppy is a tale laced with angst and drama but perfectly executed. Silva was a superb bond villain and I adored that the fact he was gay or bisexual was subtle and only hinted at and not made into a grand show or his character's defining attribute -- his line "Life clung to me like a disease" and indeed that whole scene was perfectly delivered and structured. The interactions between Bond, Silva and M in this strange triangle of characters, their interactions, their histories and their motives all clashing together to form this great Bond tale was magnificently done. The only flaws this film had were firstly that the ending scenes set in the house, before the ice lake and the church, dragged on slightly and became a bit tiresome. There was barely any light in these scenes and after fifteen minutes of it, it becomes stagnant. My final flaw and something that really pulled me out of the film was Q sticking two ethernet cables into Silva's laptop and then shouting "How the hell did he get into our systems?" after their system is hijacked. Seriously? At this point everyone knew Silva was a hacker, he was in custody -- so why do that? Why connect the networks via ethernet cables? Isn't Q meant to be a "genius?" And then Q pulls them out of the laptop like "Oh, silly me." Really, really...

But alas, apart from those two flaws -- relatively minor in size -- this film was magnificent and damn near perfect. Definitely give it a watch, buy it on Bluray too. **** get a poster. It's that good.
  61. jrb
    Nov 11, 2012
    Wow. One of the best Bond movies ever. Saw at an IMAX and thought that venue and format enhanced an already excellent experience. Can't wait to see the next. Craig makes it work as did Connery. Those openings are absolutely spectacular. JRB
  62. Nov 26, 2012
    Skyfall is my favorite Bond film thus far. I never was a big fan of the older Bond movies, but have thoroughly enjoyed the Bronson and Craig iterations. I like the direction the Daniel Craig ones have taken as far as leaving the cheesy gadgets behind in favor of a more rugged, physical Bond. I was a bit nervous with the way Skyfall started as there were several differentSkyfall is my favorite Bond film thus far. I never was a big fan of the older Bond movies, but have thoroughly enjoyed the Bronson and Craig iterations. I like the direction the Daniel Craig ones have taken as far as leaving the cheesy gadgets behind in favor of a more rugged, physical Bond. I was a bit nervous with the way Skyfall started as there were several different actions/reactions that pulled me out of the action sequence. However, as it calmed down and started to introduce the main villain I was reassured. Javier Bardem was the highlight of Skyfall and I consider him to be the best Bond villain to date. His menacing, cerebral nature was more scary and intimidating than any other Bond villain plotting to rule the world. Despite having the knowledge and technology to wreck huge havoc on the world, Bardem's plan is more local and revenge driven (a much more interesting approach). Learning more about Bond's past was nice but nothing earth-shattering since it came off as the already done Bruce Wayne type of story. However, it was all executed convincingly and Daniel Craig does a great job as a broken but still very deadly Bond. Like the movies underlining story of "This Old Dog still has Bite", Skyfall proves that the 23rd Bond movie can still pack a punch and bring something new and entertaining to the table. In a sense, I wish this would be the last Bond movie since it was so fitting for a conclusion, but we all know there will be more and lets just hope they'll be as good as this one was. 9/10 Expand
  63. Nov 26, 2012
    A very good bond movie. Got all the cliches we expect to find in a bond movie. Though it has kind of a sad ending compared to other bond movies when Bond drifts of into the distance witha lady in his arms. Still I think its a great movie. Well worth a viewing!
  64. Dec 22, 2012
    Good overall but very overrated! It is not something extraordinary nor bad, it's just fine. The scenery and effects are extraordinary and the best part of the movie was the adele intro. The big problem about this movie is that it is way to long!
  65. Nov 24, 2012
    I've always been a Bond fan. To start off, Pierce Brosnan is the best. He had gadgets, the original Q and a sense of charm and wit. The Danial Craig Bond is emotionless and dry at times. That being said I have still loved all three of his movies so far. If I had to rate them in order Skyfall is at the top then Casino Royal and then Quantum of Solace. I hope people can agree they shouldI've always been a Bond fan. To start off, Pierce Brosnan is the best. He had gadgets, the original Q and a sense of charm and wit. The Danial Craig Bond is emotionless and dry at times. That being said I have still loved all three of his movies so far. If I had to rate them in order Skyfall is at the top then Casino Royal and then Quantum of Solace. I hope people can agree they should have never made the plot personal. Skyfall is an amazing movie. It does not have too many screen changes all throughout like Quantum did. It actually focuses on a well thought out story and balances action with the slower paced moments. This movie is definitely worth buying and seeing in theaters if you haven't yet. Expand
  66. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bond is back, and in a big way. After Craig's outright disappointing outing in Quantum of Solace, it's understandable to be a tad wary of Skyfall. However, i'm pleased to report that this isn't only a great Bond film, but it may be one of the best. Those who want to know more about Bond as a person should be pleased, as Skyfall is less about over-the-top supervillian billionaires and more about Bond as a person, and how his allegiances are put to the test as the usefulness of not only himself, but MI6 are put into question. The villian, played by Javier Bardem, is a former agent who outlived his use to MI6 and was ultimately abandoned by M. He ended up surviving, and now wants revenge. The film is a bit lengthy, but that length is needed to expand upon the plot and characters, which the film favors moreso than action. Don't get me wrong, the action is heartpounding, with scenes that challenge even the likes of the best action films. The Ending, however, is tragic, yet reassuring, telling audiences everywhere that 'BOND WILL BE BACK'. And you know what? I haven't a doubt that he will, bigger and better than ever. Expand
  67. Nov 27, 2012
    james bond is back with a bang. Right from the start to the end skyfall gives you that old james bond feeling that quantum of solace could not delver. In fact this Bond entry is a candidate for best bond ever. The only negative that pops into my mind is that even though this is a brilliant movie it lacked something new
  68. Dec 18, 2012
    Operation Skyfall is certainly one of the more different films in the series. Even having links with other films in the series that completes fifty years, which reigns here are references to movies most hallowed of cinema. Or, so to speak, of films that challenge more pipeline, which ultimately generate more intimate links to the protagonist and transcendence. Although problems withOperation Skyfall is certainly one of the more different films in the series. Even having links with other films in the series that completes fifty years, which reigns here are references to movies most hallowed of cinema. Or, so to speak, of films that challenge more pipeline, which ultimately generate more intimate links to the protagonist and transcendence. Although problems with linearity, which in this case are surprisingly linked to Silva villain (played by Oscar winner Javier Bardem for No Country Where The Time), and thus who really holds the film as a whole is Daniel Craig. Although forceful action scenes, is quite correct to say that the film earns exactly the weaknesses that James Bond and exposes the direction of Sam Mendes that makes it all look perfect. In all, Operation Skyfall does not surpass the perfect Casino Royale, but is undoubtedly among the best in the series. Expand
  69. Apr 21, 2013
    One of the best movies ever in my opinion. If action had a name, it would be James Bond. The movie had exciting action sequences, a good plot, and never-ending edge-of-your-seat thrills.
  70. Sep 24, 2013
    Is this the true Bond? Not 100%, but it does manage to stand alone as one of the greatest productions of all time. Everything about this movie is to a legendary standard. Honestly, it's a legendary movie and you need to seek it out. The reasons why I think this is one of the best movies of all time are for reasons I never knew I wanted. For the most part, I'm not all that interested in theIs this the true Bond? Not 100%, but it does manage to stand alone as one of the greatest productions of all time. Everything about this movie is to a legendary standard. Honestly, it's a legendary movie and you need to seek it out. The reasons why I think this is one of the best movies of all time are for reasons I never knew I wanted. For the most part, I'm not all that interested in the soundtrack in movies, but this one is simply put it, captivating. Adele was the perfect artist to perform 'Skyfall' and it shows but a few minutes into the movie. The performance is plain and simple some of the greatest I have ever seen, which is stand out in the interactions with Daniel Craig's Bond and Javier Bardem's Silva. The scripting is silly in true Bond fashion, which I have no idea why people have not commented on when saying this isn't the true Bond. But what is the true Bond? The true Bond is silly dialogue, taking human like damage, facing his foes with some fear, and being a womaniser. And when we're true to ourselves, the film succeeds in all the categories. This is quite simply one of the best Bond films I've ever seen, if not THE very best. This film is a very rare case, an action-thriller that doesn't even attempt to be overly bad ass, and instead goes for a very realistic plot with a realistic narrative, which is probably what I love the most about 007, it's all carried out realistically, and close to home. It's almost scary, this film has changed my view on life, and made me question my trust in the world. When a film is that impactful and controversial, and had me clapping mere minutes into the movie, I just can't help myself with this one. The final verdict is a perfect score, a 10/10. It really goes to show what a 'Triple A' development can give us. It's been a long time since I've issued a perfect score, not since Toy Story 3 in 2010, making this one of the best films of the decade. Expand
  71. Nov 18, 2012
    Awesome action flick - Not a Bond Movie.
    Awesome action flick - Not a Bond Movie.
    This is definitely the best bond movie staring Daniel Craig but it still does not give me the vibe of a true Bond film. It's does not give out the vibe the pre- Daniel Craig Bond films did, key elements are missing such as the feeling of adventure or making Bond a likeable character to the audience. When watching the old bond movies you actually want to be bond and overall the movie made you feel happy. These new Daniel Craigs are darker and different, not holding to their true ancestor films, so when you watch the film don't go in with a mindset of watching another Bond movie (because it's not), just take it like a really well made Action / Drama movie. Skyfall is very well made, great lighting, scenes, characters, sound and especially story. Javier Bardem was perfectly selected for the role of the villain and will be hard to forget long after watching. Overall if you want to see a very good movie and let me stress not a James Bond movie watch skyfall, you shouldn't be disappointed.
  72. Nov 19, 2012
    The greatest Bond film ever, Skyfall is modern but at the same time a throwback to the old films. Javier Bardem excels in creating a brilliant villain as Raoul Silva, while Daniel Craig is amazing again as James Bond. The final third in my opinion shines, with a brilliant twist at the end to cap it off. All in all, not only has Sam Mendes succeeded in making a brilliant Bond film, he hasThe greatest Bond film ever, Skyfall is modern but at the same time a throwback to the old films. Javier Bardem excels in creating a brilliant villain as Raoul Silva, while Daniel Craig is amazing again as James Bond. The final third in my opinion shines, with a brilliant twist at the end to cap it off. All in all, not only has Sam Mendes succeeded in making a brilliant Bond film, he has smashed all expectations I had for this film. There is only one phrase I can say to describe this film. Simply Bond. James Bond. Here's to another 50 years! Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2012
    Bond the best movie so far. Amazing cast, Daniel Graig better than the previous 2 movies. But the film has some lazy moments like that Javier Bardem catch Bond and he escapes so easily. So I strongly recommend the movie.
  74. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall is the best of the Daniel Craig movies. The plot was awesome. Sam did an awesome job with this bond film. Daniel Craig is the best bond Since Sean Connery in my opinion Craig is the best Bond.
  75. Nov 20, 2012
    The problem with watching a movie a week after it's come out is that your mind has been made up for you by your friends reviews and online reviews such as this one. Unfortunately for me, I went in to "Skyfall" with astronomically high expectations. These were obviously not met, however I still have not much bad to say about this movie. The only two things I left frustrated about was theThe problem with watching a movie a week after it's come out is that your mind has been made up for you by your friends reviews and online reviews such as this one. Unfortunately for me, I went in to "Skyfall" with astronomically high expectations. These were obviously not met, however I still have not much bad to say about this movie. The only two things I left frustrated about was the lack of a Bond girl and a lack of cool gadgets (Bond staples if I say so myself). But if I hadn't been expecting either of those things, I would have been blown away by this highly anticipated movie. Special shout out goes to the cinimatographer. Expand
  76. Nov 9, 2012
    I've seen most of the Bond movies over the years, and this is probably among the best (at least as good as "Casino Royale," on par with "From Russia With Love" and "Goldfinger.") Moreover, it is a study in what makes Bond a true hero: not the women, not the luxuries, but "for Queen and Country" to the bitter end (and beyond).
  77. Nov 13, 2012
    A very good Bond by Mr Mendes but can we please have it more realistic in the next episode. The start of the film was great but then it seems to loose its way a bit. The ending at Skyfall. Does anyone believe the bad guys will simply approach as a group in day light! An real terrorist group would approach from several directions. The first Mr Bond would know would be when the seigeA very good Bond by Mr Mendes but can we please have it more realistic in the next episode. The start of the film was great but then it seems to loose its way a bit. The ending at Skyfall. Does anyone believe the bad guys will simply approach as a group in day light! An real terrorist group would approach from several directions. The first Mr Bond would know would be when the seige started. Next, the falling in to the cold lake at night seriously please.... Great film don't get me wrong but aim it an adults - we are not all stupid. Expand
  78. Nov 13, 2012
    Its a 7/10 for me, for the budget they had i was expecting more. Fantastic opening, wonderful song but Daniel Craig lacks the Bond feel at times. Yes he is tough but he doesn't carry himself at time like Connery did. That said it was well directed.
  79. Nov 14, 2012
    Much better than previous Bonds which were becoming outdated and dull. This is a fairly clever film. The stunts are well put together, the only down side is its a bit slow in places.
  80. Nov 22, 2012
    Skyfall is one of the most surprising Bonds to me. It features original plot twists and adds a new kind of film to the franchise. Although it picks up what seems to be trending motifs in cinema now (compare Die Hard 4.0 and Dark Knight Rises), it is still a well executed film. The characters are excellent (especially Bond, M and the villain) and aside from the "hacking" part (which isSkyfall is one of the most surprising Bonds to me. It features original plot twists and adds a new kind of film to the franchise. Although it picks up what seems to be trending motifs in cinema now (compare Die Hard 4.0 and Dark Knight Rises), it is still a well executed film. The characters are excellent (especially Bond, M and the villain) and aside from the "hacking" part (which is typically ridiculous in films nowadays and one of the biggest flaws in the logic of this film), the story is interesting to the audience, revealing flaws in the protagonists and their system. Whereas I was disappointed by A Quantum of Solace, Skyfall lives up to the freshness of Casino Royale and dares to take new paths for Bond and the MI6 again. Expand
  81. Nov 26, 2012
    The movie was enjoyable. The music was good and suited the scenes. Action was smooth and didn't hog too much screen time. Visually the locations in the movie were interesting, variying and beatiful. Craig continues to perform well and fits the character perfectly. Same goes for the other characters. The villain stayed within logic and wasn't evil just for the sake of being evil. The plotThe movie was enjoyable. The music was good and suited the scenes. Action was smooth and didn't hog too much screen time. Visually the locations in the movie were interesting, variying and beatiful. Craig continues to perform well and fits the character perfectly. Same goes for the other characters. The villain stayed within logic and wasn't evil just for the sake of being evil. The plot is ok even though you can pretty much guess how it'll play out right from the start. The makers of this movie knew what the audience expects from a Bond movie and delibirately made jokes of those things, which for me was very refreshing. As with movies involving high-tech in the plot, there was hacking and such computer stuff in it which was a "bit" overplayed and animated compared to how it is in real life, but I accept this for the sake of making it visual for the movie viewer. Expand
  82. Dec 10, 2012
    Skyfall is just another reason why Daniel Craig's Bond stands apart; the level of character he exudes due to the more dynamic role he plays is amazing. No other Bond do you see at the lows and highs of his life, as well as his abilities. It's quite the stark contrast to less interesting Bonds like Brosnan, who was more memorable for the gadgets he used than his character.

9/10 for

9/10 for exceeding expectations of character, and throwing a good movie in as well.
  83. Dec 13, 2012
    Labelling Skyfall as one of the great Bond films is a bit far fetched. Nevertheless, Skyfall produced what is needed in a modern contemporary 007. Daniel Craig's superfluous acting made it all possible.
  84. Jan 3, 2013
    With action packed in every shot, the ending comes to a shocking end, but still takes the top 3. This movie, being the great one it is, stands up to even Goldfinger. Many ask if Goldfinger met its equal, or possible match. In reality, it has met its equal. Sean Connery and Daniel Craig face each other with there best movie pick. Connery's top as Goldfinger, Craig's top as.... wellWith action packed in every shot, the ending comes to a shocking end, but still takes the top 3. This movie, being the great one it is, stands up to even Goldfinger. Many ask if Goldfinger met its equal, or possible match. In reality, it has met its equal. Sean Connery and Daniel Craig face each other with there best movie pick. Connery's top as Goldfinger, Craig's top as.... well obviously Skyfall. This is a necessity for every Bond fan. Daniel Craig is at his best. Until this film, I didn't think Goldfinger could ever be matched. Don't listen to the people below or above who say it is a waste of time and money. And I don't mean to get offensive, but a lot of people who think it sucked are people who grew up back in Connery and Moore years and can't like newer versions of many old movies. There are many adults who love the movie too though. My dad for instance is a very good critic on Bond movies. Usually he likes the older ones the best. But he says that now that he saw Skyfall, he can't decide between Connery or Craig. Note: Movie is not for people who hate getting headaches because of thinking over Connery or Craig. Expand
  85. Jan 8, 2013
    an epic must watch the bond film is back with a huge bang, this film is one definitely to watch, whether you enjoy Bond or not, the film contains an epic mix of suspense, and action with an extremely well structured story line, antagonist, and ending, as well as a straight to the point introduction.
  86. Mar 21, 2013
    A good James Bond film always needs martinis, gadgets, beautiful women and guns. Thankfully, director Sam Mendes’s (American Beauty, Road to Perdition) Skyfall has all of that and more. Bond turned 50 in 2012 and he didn’t age a day since he first made his debut in 1962’s Dr. No. Skyfall, now the 23rd Bond film in the series is Daniel Craig’s third outing as the character and he deliversA good James Bond film always needs martinis, gadgets, beautiful women and guns. Thankfully, director Sam Mendes’s (American Beauty, Road to Perdition) Skyfall has all of that and more. Bond turned 50 in 2012 and he didn’t age a day since he first made his debut in 1962’s Dr. No. Skyfall, now the 23rd Bond film in the series is Daniel Craig’s third outing as the character and he delivers his most emotionally riveting performance as Bond yet. Set after the events of Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace, Skyfall presents a Bond who is clearly off his game and is suffering from some form of post-traumatic stress syndrome. Bond’s personal dilemmas need to set aside as he is confronted by a psychotic killer hell bent on destroying MI6, the British secret intelligence service. Not only does this psychopath possess and invaluable list of names that could cause the death of hundreds of British agents, but that same person shares a past with a very notable character in the series and is intent on making life a living hell for Bond and his morally conflicted mentor, M. Craig shares the screen with the always amazing Judi Dench, who returns as Bond’s boss M, Naomie Harris, a fellow agent with a very unique name, Ben Whishaw, as the wonderfully sarcastic new gadget master Q, and Ralph Fiennes as a British agent who, of course, is more than he appears to be. One of the most important parts to any Bond film is the villain. The previous Craig films have always suffered when it comes to a memorable megalomaniac, but there is no denying that Javier Bardem’s performance as Silva, a deranged cyber-terrorist with a vicious grudge, is one of the most memorable Bond villains since Goldeneye’s 006, Alec Trevelyan. The performances are all top notch, but the action scenes are what sets this movie a part from most films this year. A breathtaking motorcycle chase across rooftops in Istanbul turns into one of the craziest fights on a train that you'll ever see, and that’s barely the first ten minutes of the film. Quite a few action scenes pay homage to those found in prior Bond outings, while still making them unique at the same time. Mendes grounds the action, allowing it to be thrilling without veering into brain numbing absurdity. Skyfall has plenty of other goodies for fans too. Cinematographer Roger Deakins’ work is gorgeous as he perfectly captures the beauty of Istanbul, Shanghai and other cities around the world. His visual flair enriches everything from the action scenes to the quiet conversations between characters. The always famous opening credit sequence adds yet another great song to list. The song, simply called Skyfall, was written and performed by Adele. Adele’s work is easily one of the best Bond themes ever. The film will please 007 fanatics as well as newcomers who are unfamiliar with the super-spy’s globetrotting escapades. Skyfall is easily one of the best Bond films in the series and it sets a very high bar for the next adventure. Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2012
    an easy review. If you like Bond films, then you will like this one. If not, then likewise probably not. Its a fun, engaging and suspense-filled romp, not to be taken too seriously. the really nice thing is that DC finally does bond properly - cold blooded womanising 60's style Connery-bond. Huzzah. that's what we watch it for. It also shows its easy to make a bond film - forget subtext -an easy review. If you like Bond films, then you will like this one. If not, then likewise probably not. Its a fun, engaging and suspense-filled romp, not to be taken too seriously. the really nice thing is that DC finally does bond properly - cold blooded womanising 60's style Connery-bond. Huzzah. that's what we watch it for. It also shows its easy to make a bond film - forget subtext - just et some hotties, a really good baddie and a decent bond, weave in some fights and a bit of politically enfused drama and bosh. 8/10 easy peasy. Well don eall round, probably almost up there with Goldeneye, and the "classics". Expand
  88. Nov 26, 2012
    Javier Bardem is a scene stealing genius in this film. A classic egomaniacle Bond villain who is not to be underestimated. He elevates the movie to the next level. Bond and M continue their odd relationship. Is it simply boss and employee? Is it mother and son? Master and protege? Anyway, their interaction is always great and we also see a darker side to M. How far is she willing to go andJavier Bardem is a scene stealing genius in this film. A classic egomaniacle Bond villain who is not to be underestimated. He elevates the movie to the next level. Bond and M continue their odd relationship. Is it simply boss and employee? Is it mother and son? Master and protege? Anyway, their interaction is always great and we also see a darker side to M. How far is she willing to go and how many lives really are expendable for her cause?

I also like the new Q. A big ego in a small body, which can only come from incredible intelligence and success at such an early age. Played very well by Ben Whishaw. I was glad that they didn't fall into the old campy schtick of too many implausible Bond gadgets.
  89. Nov 22, 2012
    Fantastic Bond film, been to see it three times since release and made sure i was there for the first night showing, Silva is probably the best and most realistic villan ever. The story is also the most realistic. The plot is something that could very well happen in real life, there are plenty of postitives about this film, and I can't really think of any negitives, I didn't even go andFantastic Bond film, been to see it three times since release and made sure i was there for the first night showing, Silva is probably the best and most realistic villan ever. The story is also the most realistic. The plot is something that could very well happen in real life, there are plenty of postitives about this film, and I can't really think of any negitives, I didn't even go and see Casino Royale three times, Craig's line delivery is even better in Skyfall than it was in Casino Royale, fantasic work by the writers and director Sam Mendez has directed some great shots in this film, espeically as Bond and the sniper are fightying infront of the giant LED lit screen in Asia Expand
  90. Feb 17, 2013
    The movie was good overall. However, I had to stretch my imagination to accept a gunshot by a hi powered rifle and a 3 story drop into canyon type water and survive. But I am not a gun expert so I wont say it is impossible, but the fall is definitely a broken bone (all) fall.
  91. Nov 23, 2012
    As a major Bond fan of Fleming's books and the films, Skyfall to some is the twenty-third film in the EON films, and to others, the twenty-sixth film counting all spin-offs of the series. But in reality, Skyfall is the third film in a whole new series that began with the masterpiece Casino Royale and continued with Quantum of Solace. Together, all three of these films seems more like anAs a major Bond fan of Fleming's books and the films, Skyfall to some is the twenty-third film in the EON films, and to others, the twenty-sixth film counting all spin-offs of the series. But in reality, Skyfall is the third film in a whole new series that began with the masterpiece Casino Royale and continued with Quantum of Solace. Together, all three of these films seems more like an opening trilogy, to present Bond in a darker light, to continue the Craig series. Check this one out. Expand
  92. Nov 27, 2012
    I think a 7 is a fair score for this Bond film. The best part was the intro, it was action packed, fast paced, and had very memorable moments. From there things started slowing down and never really picked back up. The acting was good but the writing wasnt exceptional. I think the new Bond girl is very attractive and she played the role well but I would have liked the writing centeredI think a 7 is a fair score for this Bond film. The best part was the intro, it was action packed, fast paced, and had very memorable moments. From there things started slowing down and never really picked back up. The acting was good but the writing wasnt exceptional. I think the new Bond girl is very attractive and she played the role well but I would have liked the writing centered around her to have been done differently, maybe include her more than they did. Bonds sidekick from the first half is very likeable and was one of my favorite characters next to Bond himself and Bonds sidekick from the latter half. What bothered me the most was that the entire premise for the antagonists descent from sanity seemed ill thought. Without spoiling anything, he seemed semi justified for why he was doing what he was doing but maybe that was designed to make the audience have some compassion towards him? Either way the actor portraying him did a terrific job as well. perhaps even the best job. Overall despite some high points, I wouldnt watch this movie again and was honestly waiting for it to hurry along in the middle of it. Not enough action or maybe just bad pacing. Expand
  93. Nov 11, 2012
    The best James Bond? Great franchise reboot! Music in the intro is perfect! And how wonderful chase scenes, fights, and shootings! That only is the last scene in the mansion! Great movie!
  94. Dec 11, 2012
    Skyfall is possibly better than Casino Royale and much better than Quantum of Solace. The story follows on current events and takes you back through James Bond's past. This is the most emotional of the trilogy which makes you feel the movie as real as it can be. The story is great and is complimented with the visual effects and the action... along with those small details. This proves toSkyfall is possibly better than Casino Royale and much better than Quantum of Solace. The story follows on current events and takes you back through James Bond's past. This is the most emotional of the trilogy which makes you feel the movie as real as it can be. The story is great and is complimented with the visual effects and the action... along with those small details. This proves to show that Bond can still kick ass without needing all those gadgets. Daniel Craig, along with the rest of the cast make this movie a real triumph! Craig is definitely the best Bond and this is the best current movie since The Dark Knight Rises hit cinemas. Although both very different, they are as good as one another. Expand
  95. Feb 12, 2013
    This was a really great action movie, but it didn't "feel" like a Bond movie at all. Not enough time was given to the villain, which is a shame because I believe a lot could have been done to make him a very menacing character. Skyfall was must better than Quantum of Solace, however. Overall, action fans and Bond fans should enjoy this movie.
  96. Nov 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After just returning from watching the new James Bond Film, Skyfall, there are a few words that I would use to describe this film- great but not amazing. Ashamedly I have only seen one film before hand of the 23 films- Casino Royale- but I would say that this film is the anti-climax to what was an exciting array of movies this year and in the 50 years Bond has been on screen. Initially I enjoyed the idea of the film, Bond gets shot, Bond comes back to fight a former agent but there are some plot holes throughout the movie that seem glossed over merely for continuity and some forgettable acting that spoils the movie slightly. There were publicised rumours that Pinewood Studios were cash-strapped and had to rely on heavy product placement to help pay for the movie, but you would never had known at times. This film is a visual delight! From the frantic chases through Turkish Bazaars (via CGI) to the neon lights of Shanghai and the mossy hills in the Highlands, this film really is eye candy. The plot revolves around the attempted recovery of stolen records, of which will endanger undercover NATO agents all over the world. James Bond is no longer the spy he used to be, espionage has aged his hair and his shooting isn't as good as it used to be (for some reason) but he will need all of his dull wit and courage to overcome what lies ahead in this movie. Daniel Craig and Dame Judy Dench both reprise their roles as James Bond and M respectively, with the welcomed inclusion of new characters such as Gareth Mallory (Ralph Fiennes) and the cyber terrorist Bond bad guy Raoul Silva (played by a bleached-blonde Javier Bardem). Albert Finney makes a late appearance at the end of the film as Bond's ex-groundkeeper and he almost steals the show with his welcomed humour. His role was rumoured to be originally offered to Sean Connery as the ultimate nod to Bond's 50th anniversary but he manages to justify why they casted him instead.... sort of. The inevitable Bond girls as a whole were mostly forgettable and I didn't really care for them if they were under threat or killed (Sevarine you know who you are). Sometimes the plot just baffled me, why the hell do you have the locations of hundreds of secret NATO agents being carried by an agent? Why can't you just store it in MI6? Are Bond Expand
  97. Nov 10, 2012
    One of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty ofOne of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty of chases and things getting blown up. Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2012
    In my opinion, this is pretty much the best Bond movie so far in this millennium.
    Casino Royale had way too much bashing and crashing, making it a basic action movie.
    This time 007 bangs less chicks, kills less men and faces his midlife crisis. They really did do a good job on making the story more dramatic and still keeping the action along. Really, give it a shot.

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Nov 5, 2015
    Skyfall is far and away the best, and the most British of the Daniel Craig-James Bond movies.
  2. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Nov 5, 2015
    Mendes...lets the quieter moments breathe.... But Mendes is rather good at being loud, too, and his nine times Oscar-nominated cinematographer Roger Deakins makes the wildly ambitious action sequences the most beautiful in Bond’s 50-year career.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Nov 5, 2015
    While trading on viewers’ familiarity with the series’ venerable fetishes (a cheer rises at the sight of Bond’s old Aston Martin and the sound of Monty Norman’s guitar theme from Dr. No), Skyfall has the life, grandeur and gravity of a satisfying, stand-alone entertainment.