7.5

1. Mar 23, 2015
    Every sequence in film is borrow from past bond films. Q is an incompetent twink . Home Alone homage towards the end. Some reason Q is dumb. I did not know Bond was in the Nolan-verse did Chris Nolan direct this and Sam Mendez just take credit . Awkward how they imply M and Bond have a romantic relationship. Q is stupid . Joker was not needed in a Bond spy thriller.

And finally the

And finally the reference that male spies would have to seduce other men during some missions same for women is true I really liked that the finally did something different.
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    Best James Bond Movie Yet Bond Girl didn't last to long but other than that the movie is good. This Movie had the best opening in the history of the Franchise
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    Anche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica eAnche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica e psicologica lascia un po Expand
  4. Jun 3, 2013
    Reading reviews by other users on this sight baffles me; who really cares if there is blatant product placement? Did it ruin the movie that much that you had to give 0? This is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, and Daniel Craig is certainly a contender for the title of "greatest Bond ever".

Craig portrays Bond in a way we have not previously seen; he presents Bond as a broken man that's lost his edge forget the suave, handsome, perfect man that most of us believe Bond to be and picture a washed up, bearded, borderline alcoholic, a man who is merely a hollow shell of what he once was. That's what makes Craig so appealing, he plays Bond with a sense of realism and vulnerability. The villain of this movie is wonderfully portrayed by Javier Bardem (known for his portrayal of Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men); a man who relies more on his brain than physical strength, a man betrayed by his own people and on a personal vendetta against the woman who betrayed him. He's a believable villain, bearing many similar traits to the villain of Die Hard 4. Bardem plays the part with a great deal of charm; although he has a small amount of screen time he makes the most of every scene he is in and was undeservedly snubbed for an Supporting Actor Academy Award.

Sam Mendes has made a perfect Bond that is realistic but also pays tribute to the Bond films of the past. Mendes, unlike his Bond director predecessors, develops the background characters giving them depth and emotion; M now serves a purpose in this movie and is portrayed by Judi Dench as a woman afraid of letting her country down and losing her pride. Q is introduced in this movie as a considerably younger man, he's a computer genius with a poor sense of humour who despite his intelligence is still outsmarted by the villain. Apart from developing the characters, Mendes also utilises some brilliant cinematography; the fight between Bond and the assassin is reminiscent of the fight in Moonraker and the villain is introduced with a 30 second static camera that doesn't move instead the villain walks towards the camera until we can discern his appearance.

The music for this film is conducted by Thomas Newman who does a brilliant job supplying background music for scenes. However my one real criticism of the film is the opening song; Skyfall by Adele. I dislike the fact that she was hired, not because I have a personal dislike of her music, but because the producers aimed to release a commercially successful song that would win the Academy Award. The song is easily one of the worst in the history of Bond movies and should have been replaced with a song that reflects the tone of the movie.

Apart from that criticism this is easily one of the best Bond films ever made, its a return to form after the disappointment of Quantum of Solace, and Daniel Craig will be the greatest Bond ever. Roll on Bond 24.
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    Generally, Bond movies are all about being the Alpha male, awesome action scenes, cool gadgets, fancy cars, beautiful women, and devious evil antagonists. Well, that IS the case with Skyfall. However, for me it was really pretty blah in terms of the overall feel of the movie. It felt slow, and perhaps that's what they were going for to reflect how Bond has slowed with age, but it was TOOGenerally, Bond movies are all about being the Alpha male, awesome action scenes, cool gadgets, fancy cars, beautiful women, and devious evil antagonists. Well, that IS the case with Skyfall. However, for me it was really pretty blah in terms of the overall feel of the movie. It felt slow, and perhaps that's what they were going for to reflect how Bond has slowed with age, but it was TOO slow in some parts. And it jumped around a lot more than I think other Bond movies have. I watched this in the movie theater, as I usually do for big action films, and honestly I think it's not really worth the admission price. Wait for it to go on Netflix or DVD. I love the Bond movies, they're awesome, but this one falls short of that awesome by a wide margin. It's simply... decent. It has a lot of elements we've come to expect, but it does try to make itself stand out by trying to bring a more modern feel to the whole thing -- Bond is older, actual "boots on the ground" is not as necessary with the advent of the Internet and rise of technology, which causes a whole host of major problems, the main problem of the story centering on that. The only saving grace for me is the acting of Javier Bardem. The critics have said it, and many have agreed, that whenever he and Daniel Craig are in a scene he STEALS the scene. His acting is superb and the character he portrays is truly brought to life. As far as the rest of the cast... I did not agree with who they got for the other roles. References to past Bond movies were nice, but felt forced. Also, I did not feel an emotional connection with Bond even though it was clear they were trying to get the audience to feel sorry and sad for him. Expand
  6. Nov 30, 2012
    "Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the"Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the skyscraper scene in Shanghai, and everything feels like the classic, traditional Bond while maintaining a marvelous, modern look and style. The plot is very fresh and entertaining, and where the previous two Craig films were somewhat lacking in their villains and finales, this one more than compensates with a much truer and more traditional-feeling villian, played to great effect by Javier Bardem, and a flat-out fantastic climax. Add it all together, and the 50th anniversary Bond marks a genuine step up in quality and entertainment. Absolutely awesome. Expand
  7. Feb 26, 2013
    The progress made in bringing the franchise into the modern age is spectacularly undone. By the end of this film, you find yourself staring at the start of every early Bond film. While this could have been a superb way to wrap up 'Bond will return' and that is rather a depressing notion.
  8. Apr 2, 2013
    A few okay action scenes, but mostly a long, boring movie with no real point. I wouldn't recommend it. It might be okay for a few loyal bond fans, but if you aren't a James Bond superfan, you probably won't like it.
  9. Jan 17, 2015
    After the rushed misfire of "QoS", time and effort was spent getting "Skyfall" right, and right it is in every way. Strong story and performances, as well as having a real director on board this time, and this must rank in the top 10 Bond films of all time. The cinematography is first rate and Adele's theme song is lush. If you enjoyed "Casino Royale", you'll enjoy "Skyfall".
  10. Sep 1, 2013
    Its a great film better then the bull last James bond movie, I enjoyed Skyfall yet didn't really like the villain because i really couldn't understand his motives or really understand why he wanted to kill everybody, pretty sure the movie tells us why, but it felt rather dull the story.
  11. Nov 17, 2012
    Skyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities verySkyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities very well. The special effects are very impressive. The music is some of the greatest music in any film ever. The suspense. The classic feel of the James Bond films is perfectly portrayed. The whole film is just brilliantly done, it's gripping, exciting, action-packed, it's got an incredible and classic feel to it. Skyfall is one of the greatest film of all time, if you haven't seen it yet, you have to see it, it's highly recommended! 10/10. Definitely. Expand
  12. Nov 18, 2012
    skyfall is such an awesome movie, that i literally had a heart attack (sort of). i hated the previous bond movies, because i thought that daniel craig sucked as james bond, because james bond is not really a character in the traditional sense. he's more of a tour through a magic land full of guns, one-liners, secret spies and lovely ladies. casino royale and quantum of solace tried to giveskyfall is such an awesome movie, that i literally had a heart attack (sort of). i hated the previous bond movies, because i thought that daniel craig sucked as james bond, because james bond is not really a character in the traditional sense. he's more of a tour through a magic land full of guns, one-liners, secret spies and lovely ladies. casino royale and quantum of solace tried to give him a back story, but ended up making him a gritty hardass that's no fun to watch at all. and that made me think that i could never love this new james bond. but after having seen this movie, i know that they weren't bad because they tried to give bond a back story, but because they made a poor attemt to give bond a back story. this james bond brings the same fun i remember from the classics, and the back story didn't impede that at all! in fact, it elevates the previous movies to a certain extend. skyfall is a great action movie, but it's especially good to finally have james bond back. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2012
    Look I'm NLT the biggest James Bond fan in the world, but I don't know why this film is getting praised. The first half is slow and dare I say almost somewhat boring, and the motivations of some characters are left unexplained. Also, and this may be me griping, but if Bond wasn't superhuman or a bad guy could hit a target, the movie would be over in 10 minutes. Still entertaining and anLook I'm NLT the biggest James Bond fan in the world, but I don't know why this film is getting praised. The first half is slow and dare I say almost somewhat boring, and the motivations of some characters are left unexplained. Also, and this may be me griping, but if Bond wasn't superhuman or a bad guy could hit a target, the movie would be over in 10 minutes. Still entertaining and an improvement over Quantum, though. Expand
  14. Jan 8, 2013
    Considering all the hype surrounding this film, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a bond movie to rival the greats from the 70's and 80's, but in truth this film doesn't live up to that legacy. That being said, it is an entertaining action thriller which will keep you entertained and on your toes.
  15. Dec 23, 2012
    Even if "Skyfall" lacking the classic Bond energy is a minor imperfection, it is a blemish on an action film masterpiece that is a fast-paced, emotionally charged and iconic thriller that defines itself proudly as not only one of the best action films ever, but one of the best Bond films ever - and this is appropriate, seeing that Daniel Craig is the (second) best Bond ever.
  16. May 23, 2015
    I've literally neevr seen another Bond movie, so I can't make any comparisons. So, as a stand-alone action film (not part of a vast legacy), I'd say it's a very good movie. It's well paced and well written all-around. Action? Yes, and it's all good. Gadgets? Sure, and they're pretty awesome. Suspense? It's got that, too. Well, I've never seen another Bond film, like I said, but that seemsI've literally neevr seen another Bond movie, so I can't make any comparisons. So, as a stand-alone action film (not part of a vast legacy), I'd say it's a very good movie. It's well paced and well written all-around. Action? Yes, and it's all good. Gadgets? Sure, and they're pretty awesome. Suspense? It's got that, too. Well, I've never seen another Bond film, like I said, but that seems to cover it. Well, it also needs a stor, and this omvie has that covered, too. It isn't quite good enough to be a "must-watch" but it's still a" should-watch." I guess it's a "really-should-watch." Expand
  17. Jun 28, 2013
    Skyfall is a great movie, full of action, adventure, and, well, more action. The acting is spot on, the villain is well portrayed, and it's a great Bond movie. I only have two gripes with the movie. One, there were barely any Bond gadgets, and that took away from the Bond-ness of the movie. Second, at the beginning of the movie, he's literally brought back to life by the power of sex.Skyfall is a great movie, full of action, adventure, and, well, more action. The acting is spot on, the villain is well portrayed, and it's a great Bond movie. I only have two gripes with the movie. One, there were barely any Bond gadgets, and that took away from the Bond-ness of the movie. Second, at the beginning of the movie, he's literally brought back to life by the power of sex. What....
    It's still very good. Go see it if you haven't.
  18. Mar 11, 2013
    Watching the film you notice that skyfall was inspired by the dark knight looking at javier bardem as the villain as example, with his personality, capture and rescue. It is a good dark bond losing its puff towards the end.
  19. Nov 11, 2012
    rather mundane action movie, not sure why this had so many glowing reviews. I loss attention through most of the action sequences cause they just didnt have that punch to them that casino royale had, which is a far superior film than this was. I miss the ol cheeky bond too, this is just way to serious and it even tries to be a little dark knightish, which it doesnt copy very well either.
  20. Mar 3, 2013
    Best Bond movie ever made, there is a lot of action in it and I like that, good actors, especially Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. One of the best Bond villains and an epic end. This is a new must see.
  21. Jan 22, 2013
    The latest entry to the long-running James Bond series has perhaps hit a high note for the series as a whole, which is fitting, considering it was made for the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Pretty much everything feels right about this movie, the acting is superb from all involved, but I think Javier Bardem's turn as the ever famous Bond villain, in this film Silva, steals the showThe latest entry to the long-running James Bond series has perhaps hit a high note for the series as a whole, which is fitting, considering it was made for the 50th anniversary of the franchise. Pretty much everything feels right about this movie, the acting is superb from all involved, but I think Javier Bardem's turn as the ever famous Bond villain, in this film Silva, steals the show magnificently: he's just the right amount creepy and eerie as he is camp, liking him to Heath Ledger's Joker is perhaps some of the best praise I can give him (shame he does not have an Oscar nomination, although he does have a BAFTA nomination). The film starts in a very exciting fight and chase scene, but the rest of the film is not as high octane as the opening scene, which is good as it really lets you get to see the characters properly. While most of the old Bond films have him going to exotic places to get the bad guy, Skyfall spends most of its run time in England, and the end of the film in Scotland, again, perfect for the 50th anniversary thing they had going, the scenes outside of England are just as good as ever, particularly the scenes in Shanghai, containing some of the best cinematography I have ever seen. This is not found only in Shanghai, for one of the film's crowning glories is how beautifully shot it really is. On the 50th anniversary topic, several nods are made to what happened in the older films: a lot of these, sadly, went over my head, as I have not seen many Bond films at all. It does deal with the timeline as well as it could, showing an old institution, which is changing with the times, but sticking to its roots was a fine indication of where the series is headed in the future. Exciting, beautiful, tense and disturbing can all be used to describe Skyfall, whose only problem in my book is that the final showdown was a little lackluster in places compared to the rest of the film, helped only by Silva's creepy arrival. The best Bond film? Perhaps. 92/100. Expand
  22. Nov 19, 2012
    A solid 007 movie. QOS was awful, and this was a good followup for Daniel Craig. it has little action scenes, but they are well performed, and it has a great story. See it.
  23. Dec 30, 2012
    Bond returns in Skyfall, and this picture excels as one of the more memorable entries in the lot. With Daniel Craig making his third outing as 007 and Judi Dench effectively returning as his matriarchal boss; Bond and M
  24. Nov 10, 2012
    Visually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this filmVisually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this film you should have your head examined. Enough said. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    I have not seen a bond film in a long time. Skyfall was a great movie overall and even better then The Darknight Rises and the theme song for Syfall is now stuck in my head. Skyfall 8.5/10
  26. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Quizá la más interesantes de las 3 de Daniel Craig. Porqué cierra la trilogía, por el final de M, por enseñar que el propio sistema a menudo crea a los peores villanos, y sobretodo por la magistral interpretación de Javier Bardem.
    Lo mejor de la película, cuando Bardem sobetea a Craig, y éste sabe aguantar el tipo. Magníficos los dos.
  27. Mar 4, 2014
    Really good for a mind-numbing thrill film, but not the best Bond screenplay. With hindsight as well, unraveling the film, the screenplay isn't all that great and can be at times slightly pretentious. However, great cinematography, a great soundtrack and a great performance from Bardem are its main positives, and overall it does make for an albeit solid addition to the series.
  28. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever.One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever. If you dont understand it dont write a bad review, just go watch it again, because it actually made a lot more sense than most bond films. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    What the **** did i just watch???? I' was looking forward to watching 'the Best Bond movie yet!' well **** me, i bought into the b.s. hype and critic reviews again. Silly me. This is the worst James Bond movie ever made...It just sucks the soul out of the franchise...my mind has been blown by how bad this movie was....and this movie has been receiving so much praise since release?!What the **** did i just watch???? I' was looking forward to watching 'the Best Bond movie yet!' well **** me, i bought into the b.s. hype and critic reviews again. Silly me. This is the worst James Bond movie ever made...It just sucks the soul out of the franchise...my mind has been blown by how bad this movie was....and this movie has been receiving so much praise since release?! seriously what the **** is wrong with people nowadays??? Is it really hard to think for yourself???. This movie set the nail in the coffin for me...I'm certain now that movie companies really believe people are dumb as hell and they can make the crappiest movie ever but as long as they advertise it as the best thing since slice bread, it will sell. Everything nowadays is so hyped up, you almost are always consistently disappointed with the final product yet people are so brainwashed and ashamed they bought into it, they can't admit they've just been duped :( **** is ****ing sad...i mean just admit the movie was **** and spare the rest of us. At least there's still some people out there who can see past the b.s. thank ****ing god...anyways this is just another reminder why I haven't been watching movies lately. I'll stick to my videogames thank you very much. Expand
  30. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solid enjoyable movie until.... after the parliment scene with its false ending. The last 20 minutes are pointless and you leave feeling let down. To really enjoy the movie leave before the last 20 minutes and it will be great. Another director focused movie who doesn't have the self discipline to edit themselves. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.