7.5

1. Jan 3, 2013
    tedious and really nothing new to see here except bardem and craigs great performances. action scenes are nothing special and the story drags down to a stop at times. do not believe the hype folks.
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Considering all the hype surrounding this film, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a bond movie to rival the greats from the 70's and 80's, but in truth this film doesn't live up to that legacy. That being said, it is an entertaining action thriller which will keep you entertained and on your toes.
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    James Bond is back and better than ever. Skyfall is quite possibly one of the finest Bond flicks to date. It combines deep emotion with action sequences far superior to any other spy-thrillers out there. Leave it to Sam Mendes!
  4. Nov 24, 2012
    Not much of a bond fan, and while I'm still not sure I am, this movie was decent. There is nothing to really complain about. I thought it was directed and edited smartly, and the script was well written.
  5. Dec 16, 2012
    Javier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain, what can I say? I think he kills it, he nailed the role so well. And the intro, the song. My favorite part of the movie is the fact that it's not like the other movies, yes, Bond isn't the ultimate man who gets laid every 20 minutes, he is rusty and must get back. I love the fact that he has to rise back, and I think people who dislike it isJavier Bardem is my favorite Bond villain, what can I say? I think he kills it, he nailed the role so well. And the intro, the song. My favorite part of the movie is the fact that it's not like the other movies, yes, Bond isn't the ultimate man who gets laid every 20 minutes, he is rusty and must get back. I love the fact that he has to rise back, and I think people who dislike it is because they dislike changes, I think this is the best Bond movie I've seen.
    The others are cool but monotone and overall, they all end up being the same, I liked this one because of the different direction it took
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    I have not seen a bond film in a long time. Skyfall was a great movie overall and even better then The Darknight Rises and the theme song for Syfall is now stuck in my head. Skyfall 8.5/10
  7. Nov 19, 2012
    A solid 007 movie. QOS was awful, and this was a good followup for Daniel Craig. it has little action scenes, but they are well performed, and it has a great story. See it.
  8. Mar 8, 2014
    It's exciting, gripping, and thrilling. The acting was great, the script was well-written, it was thoughtful, and it's just really fun. One thing still troubles me though: How the hell did Bond survive that fall though? I gotta call BS on that.
  9. Dec 30, 2012
    Bond returns in Skyfall, and this picture excels as one of the more memorable entries in the lot. With Daniel Craig making his third outing as 007 and Judi Dench effectively returning as his matriarchal boss; Bond and M
  10. Nov 26, 2012
    A very good bond movie. Got all the cliches we expect to find in a bond movie. Though it has kind of a sad ending compared to other bond movies when Bond drifts of into the distance witha lady in his arms. Still I think its a great movie. Well worth a viewing!
  11. Apr 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pretty distasteful misogyny (more than simple sleeping with women- he pretends that he cares for an abused sex slave and promises to rescue her, then takes advantage of her vulnerability to have sex with her, then when he's got what he wants from her he lets her die without showing any kind of remorse or compassion).

Beyond this, the plot is boring and totally nonsensical. It is so full of plot holes, loose ends, and inconsistencies that mean you just don't care what happens and spend most of the time just thinking "Why is this happening? What's the point of this? How did he manage that? Why is he there?" etc.

Non of the main characters are likeable, in fact, I kind of feel that the 'bad guy', Silva, was actually the good guy really. You can understand and sympathise with his motives, where as Bond and M are just a-holes.

The action sequences aren't even very good. There's no tension to them, and because you don't care about any of the characters or what happens in the 'story' they just become meaningless set pieces.

To top it off, the script is quite bland, with cliches and occasional pseudo-deep phrases thrown in to annoy you. There is next to no witty dialogue or truly interesting conversations.

However, if you like to watch movies because you like moving images and the occasional explosion, you'll probably love it.
  12. Apr 2, 2013
    A few okay action scenes, but mostly a long, boring movie with no real point. I wouldn't recommend it. It might be okay for a few loyal bond fans, but if you aren't a James Bond superfan, you probably won't like it.
  13. Nov 27, 2012
    Another mixed bag Bond film. Plenty of the typical action and tropes throughout, including of course the Bond girls. I love the stripped down version we have of Bond now, and there are a couple of humorous moments to highlight these changes. I enjoyed Bardem's villain for the most part although I do feel like the praise is a little overstated, there were times when he didn't have a lotAnother mixed bag Bond film. Plenty of the typical action and tropes throughout, including of course the Bond girls. I love the stripped down version we have of Bond now, and there are a couple of humorous moments to highlight these changes. I enjoyed Bardem's villain for the most part although I do feel like the praise is a little overstated, there were times when he didn't have a lot going on and others when what he was doing was more than a little confusing. One of the most disappointing things about this movie was Bond's back story, or lack there of. I love a film with a good, dark back story and while I appreciate the effort here in that regard it falls well short of the mark giving us very little actual story in that regard. Overall this Bond falls short of the other Craig films for me, but ranks better than the last few Brosnan films. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2014
    Really the main emotion after seeing this film is relief, it is miles better than quantum of solace. Everything wrong with Quantum is remedied here, the villain is a good one, the storyline is followable and believable, and it flows very well, making it a seriously enjoyable film to watch. There are minor flaws, as always the product placement is a little in your face, and at times theirReally the main emotion after seeing this film is relief, it is miles better than quantum of solace. Everything wrong with Quantum is remedied here, the villain is a good one, the storyline is followable and believable, and it flows very well, making it a seriously enjoyable film to watch. There are minor flaws, as always the product placement is a little in your face, and at times their attempt to bring back classic bond features like the one liners jars with the new Bourne-esque darkness, but overall this is a fantastic edition to the Craig bond series. Expand
  15. Dec 5, 2012
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    LET THE SKY FALL. WE WILL STAND TALL, AT SKYFALL.
    Skyfall is a mere proof that a good spy film doesn't need nonsense action-sequences or incorporation of unrealistic gadgets, it just needs a great screenplay, astounding performances and outstanding direction. I see a lot of people complaining that a James Bond movie without action sequences and gadgets and devices is worthless. What they don't understand is that everything needs to evolve and get out of its own self-made shell, because, sooner or later, people start demanding for something else, something they never would have expected, something that makes them change their mind about a certain subject.
    Same is the case here. Sam Mendes has proved himself to be an outstanding director once again (he directed American Beauty for which he won an Academy Award in 2000). His sense of imagination is so brilliant that it totally works for the film. Cinematography is done by Roger Deakins, having received nine nominations for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography, he is one of the great cinematographers of the film industry and he continues to prove it in Skyfall with his brilliant camera work.
    The important thing about this film is the screenplay, which is, no doubt, different from all the Bond movies made before Skyfall and that's what makes it so better. Written by Neal Purvis, John Logan and Robert Wade, the screenplay works like a charm because you get to know Bond and above all, the other major character of the movie, M (played by Judi Dench). Daniel Craig continues to shine in his role even more, it seems like he had been practising to improve himself and it becomes really clear when you compare his performance to the previous installment 'Quantum of Solace'. In Skyfall, it feels like Craig has found his lost indenity and he is never going to let go of it. The other key character of the movie is Raoul Silva (played by Javier Bardem who is perhaps the most famous Spanish actor, having previously won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in 'No Country for Old Men'), is the film's main antagonist and he is more than a villain. Bardem's performance and his character reminds me of the Joker (The Dark Knight) at cerain points, he has done it so wonderfully and only he could make it happen. Other cast members include Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Lim Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whinshaw who support the film's plot and storyline properly.
    What I love about this film is that it doesn't feel like I am watching a Bond movie and that's exactly what I love. It has a different soul, a darker one, the character-driven plot has been handled in an amazing way. I don't mind if a spy film doesn't have more action-sequences because to me, the plot and main theme of the film is more important. People may also say that the plot of the movie is so typical and predictable and it gets boring but if we look closer, we see a rebirth of the entire Bond franchise, just like Christopher Nolan did with the Batman franchise.
    ...And who could forget Adele's wonderful voice in a melodious soundtrack to the movie, written by both Adele and Paul Epworth and the way it has been incorporated in the opening sequence is just freaking brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins the Academy Award for Original Song.
    Am I liking it too much? Am I impressed with this movie too much? Am I being biased? MAYBE. Because SKYFALL is just the right amount of Bond I wanted to see in the 23rd film.
  16. Jun 30, 2013
    This film had the least amount of action of the Bond films I have seen recently. Alot of dialog and plot, which would be good if this wasn't supposed to be a BOND FILM!!!! Almost complete absence of a steamy femme. Best part of this is what happens to M. Never was a fan of hers either.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    I wouldn't ever claim to much of a James Bond fan but I did enjoy Skyfall. Its a zippy enough spy-thriller with some good set pieces. The opening chase is a good indication of what kind of film Skyfall - senseless but brilliantly done stunts as Bond destroys much traffic trying to catch a spy. Its silly, but still good fun. I felt after this that the film sagged quite a bit but once JavierI wouldn't ever claim to much of a James Bond fan but I did enjoy Skyfall. Its a zippy enough spy-thriller with some good set pieces. The opening chase is a good indication of what kind of film Skyfall - senseless but brilliantly done stunts as Bond destroys much traffic trying to catch a spy. Its silly, but still good fun. I felt after this that the film sagged quite a bit but once Javier Bardem appears things pick up nicely. Bardem is wonderfully over the top and is a great choice for a villain. After he arrives, the film rocketed along and as long as you dont think too hard about some of the plot points, its an entertaining thrill ride. I didnt rate Quantum of Solace too highly but Casino Royale and now Skyfall establish Daniel Craigs run as one of the better Bonds. Expand
  18. Jan 23, 2013
    People are giving "Skyfall" a little too much credit. Yes, I thought it was good and it definitely brushed off the cobwebs from "Quantum of Solace", but I don't think that it deserves to be placed among the best Bond movies. The action and villain were great, but the story dragged in some places.
  19. Sep 1, 2013
    Its a great film better then the bull last James bond movie, I enjoyed Skyfall yet didn't really like the villain because i really couldn't understand his motives or really understand why he wanted to kill everybody, pretty sure the movie tells us why, but it felt rather dull the story.
  20. Nov 27, 2012
    I think a 7 is a fair score for this Bond film. The best part was the intro, it was action packed, fast paced, and had very memorable moments. From there things started slowing down and never really picked back up. The acting was good but the writing wasnt exceptional. I think the new Bond girl is very attractive and she played the role well but I would have liked the writing centeredI think a 7 is a fair score for this Bond film. The best part was the intro, it was action packed, fast paced, and had very memorable moments. From there things started slowing down and never really picked back up. The acting was good but the writing wasnt exceptional. I think the new Bond girl is very attractive and she played the role well but I would have liked the writing centered around her to have been done differently, maybe include her more than they did. Bonds sidekick from the first half is very likeable and was one of my favorite characters next to Bond himself and Bonds sidekick from the latter half. What bothered me the most was that the entire premise for the antagonists descent from sanity seemed ill thought. Without spoiling anything, he seemed semi justified for why he was doing what he was doing but maybe that was designed to make the audience have some compassion towards him? Either way the actor portraying him did a terrific job as well. perhaps even the best job. Overall despite some high points, I wouldnt watch this movie again and was honestly waiting for it to hurry along in the middle of it. Not enough action or maybe just bad pacing. Expand
  21. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Quizá la más interesantes de las 3 de Daniel Craig. Porqué cierra la trilogía, por el final de M, por enseñar que el propio sistema a menudo crea a los peores villanos, y sobretodo por la magistral interpretación de Javier Bardem.
    Lo mejor de la película, cuando Bardem sobetea a Craig, y éste sabe aguantar el tipo. Magníficos los dos.
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    I absolutely loved skyfall. I was so excited to see the new James Bond, after an upbringing being mainly about action films and being indoctrinated by 007, I arrived at the cinema with my friends. It was the second week of it being showcased at the cinema, and it was packed full! This is a good sign, I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the movie, however, the story line sometimesI absolutely loved skyfall. I was so excited to see the new James Bond, after an upbringing being mainly about action films and being indoctrinated by 007, I arrived at the cinema with my friends. It was the second week of it being showcased at the cinema, and it was packed full! This is a good sign, I thought. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of the movie, however, the story line sometimes had its downfalls. Also, the song. I really do not think that this dreary Adele song should have been chosen to be the main song for James Bond!! It's never going to be as awesome as the James Bond classics such as Goldfinger. On the contrary, I absolutely loved the tragic ending! I would thoroughly recommend going to see this James Bond movie, at least it's better than Quantum Of Solace (or do we not count that one as a James Bond movie anymore?) Expand
  23. Dec 11, 2012
    Skyfall is possibly better than Casino Royale and much better than Quantum of Solace. The story follows on current events and takes you back through James Bond's past. This is the most emotional of the trilogy which makes you feel the movie as real as it can be. The story is great and is complimented with the visual effects and the action... along with those small details. This proves toSkyfall is possibly better than Casino Royale and much better than Quantum of Solace. The story follows on current events and takes you back through James Bond's past. This is the most emotional of the trilogy which makes you feel the movie as real as it can be. The story is great and is complimented with the visual effects and the action... along with those small details. This proves to show that Bond can still kick ass without needing all those gadgets. Daniel Craig, along with the rest of the cast make this movie a real triumph! Craig is definitely the best Bond and this is the best current movie since The Dark Knight Rises hit cinemas. Although both very different, they are as good as one another. Expand
  24. Dec 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was good. I watched it last night after work (which was the late showing at 10:10 in my area) but fell asleep a couple of times. It was a bit long but very good. Like the fact that it focused more on M (although she died) but it was worth watching. Not better than Casino Royale, in my opinion, but still pretty good. Expand
  25. Dec 5, 2012
    "Skyfall" is an excellent addition to the Bond franchise and wipes clean the memory of the lackluster "Quantum of Solace", though it never reaches the level of "Casino Royale".
  26. Feb 12, 2013
    This was a really great action movie, but it didn't "feel" like a Bond movie at all. Not enough time was given to the villain, which is a shame because I believe a lot could have been done to make him a very menacing character. Skyfall was must better than Quantum of Solace, however. Overall, action fans and Bond fans should enjoy this movie.
  27. Nov 24, 2012
    With a simple but deep plot, back-to basics action and beautiful cinematography, this is probably the best Bond so far. Daniel Craig continues to present a gritty, bruised and human bond, Javier Bardem offers a sinister and intimidating adversary and Judi Dench is on top form calling the shots and making painful decisions. While the audience may have been left wanting more details from theWith a simple but deep plot, back-to basics action and beautiful cinematography, this is probably the best Bond so far. Daniel Craig continues to present a gritty, bruised and human bond, Javier Bardem offers a sinister and intimidating adversary and Judi Dench is on top form calling the shots and making painful decisions. While the audience may have been left wanting more details from the plot and back story, the simplicity allowed the mood and character of the film to come through. Expand
  28. Nov 20, 2012
    The problem with watching a movie a week after it's come out is that your mind has been made up for you by your friends reviews and online reviews such as this one. Unfortunately for me, I went in to "Skyfall" with astronomically high expectations. These were obviously not met, however I still have not much bad to say about this movie. The only two things I left frustrated about was theThe problem with watching a movie a week after it's come out is that your mind has been made up for you by your friends reviews and online reviews such as this one. Unfortunately for me, I went in to "Skyfall" with astronomically high expectations. These were obviously not met, however I still have not much bad to say about this movie. The only two things I left frustrated about was the lack of a Bond girl and a lack of cool gadgets (Bond staples if I say so myself). But if I hadn't been expecting either of those things, I would have been blown away by this highly anticipated movie. Special shout out goes to the cinimatographer. Expand
  29. Jan 4, 2013
    It may not be the best Bond film, but Skyfall is an exciting action movie, with an awesome villain, brilliant acting by Craig and Dench (as M), and a storyline more genuinely emotionally engaging than most other Bonds (aside from Casino Royale), even if the originality of Casino, and the escapist fun of the older Bonds, is not quite captured.
  30. Feb 20, 2013
    Its different, about that there is no doubt. I myself thoroughly enjoyed it. JB movies have always been anchored in the here and now, always tackling current affairs and issue's and in that it doesn't fail. I can understand the people who disliked it and their reasons for disliking it. But in this current iteration of movies starring Daniel Craig, who has grown on me 10 fold afterIts different, about that there is no doubt. I myself thoroughly enjoyed it. JB movies have always been anchored in the here and now, always tackling current affairs and issue's and in that it doesn't fail. I can understand the people who disliked it and their reasons for disliking it. But in this current iteration of movies starring Daniel Craig, who has grown on me 10 fold after watching this, I feel this movie is well placed. Its almost like a new start for the series without giving away any spoilers for those who haven't seen it. The whole film has a real understated and dare I say it 'realistic' sense to it. Sam Mendes is a great director and I for one really like the direction he has taken with this even in comparison to Casino and Quantam. Watch it for yourselves if you haven't seen it. One thing is absolutely for sure...its better than Quantam of solace.!! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.