7.5

1. Nov 11, 2012
    Director,screenplay,actors,sound=awesome.Good election to choose ADELE for the song.I think that it will be nominated to the Academy Award:
    -Best Original Song
    -Best Cinematography
    -Best Actor
    -Best Supporting Actor
    -Best Supporting Actress
    -Best Sound Mixing
    -Best Sound Editing
    I see you in the Academy Awards.
  2. Nov 11, 2012
    This was definitely one of my favourite bond movies it gives a very interesting story that keeps the audiences attention. there was alot more character development especially between Bond and M and i would definitely reccomend this movie especially to bond fans.
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    Admittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villain in such a way that you kind of forget that the thing's he's doing are a bit unrealistic. Overall a great movie. Expand
  4. Nov 11, 2012
    This seems to be a love it or hate it movie, with intelligent people loving it and unintelligent people hating it. Skyfall was the best movie experience I've had all year. It was infinitely better than QoS and it restored my faith in the franchise. Craig is set for a further two Bond movies and personally I can't wait.
  5. Nov 11, 2012
    The best James Bond? Great franchise reboot! Music in the intro is perfect! And how wonderful chase scenes, fights, and shootings! That only is the last scene in the mansion! Great movie!
  6. Nov 11, 2012
    This was just a simply amazing bond film. Sam Mendes we need you back for the next installment. The writing, cinematography and acting was to perfection.
  7. Nov 11, 2012
    As Skyfall drives down the road that is its ever winding plot, there are many decisions to be made. Shall we go right, or left? To use to word in its non-directional fashion, Skyfall goes right. Mendes and the producers are smart enough to see temptations leading to formula and an overdrawn linear plot, and they steer clear of any such cliche. Skyfall is an intelligent, well-paced action thriller that restores our faith in films of its genre. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2012
    An amazing Bond film that harkens back to the old days with a genius supervillian, witty one liners, several girls, and some intense action sequences. The script was extremely well written and made due with less in a great way with excellent pacing and an engaging story. The action was much more subdued taking up less screen time than in previous films but this was something I was actually hoping for as it was more meaningful when it took place. Not having been a huge fan of Craig's previous Bond interpretations/scripts I really enjoyed his performance and am looking forward to his next one. Overall definitely a more dramatic movie and highly recommend. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2012
    Bond the best movie so far. Amazing cast, Daniel Graig better than the previous 2 movies. But the film has some lazy moments like that Javier Bardem catch Bond and he escapes so easily. So I strongly recommend the movie.
  10. Nov 10, 2012
    Best bond film yet. Pays tribute to all of the other ones with a game change in plot and action. Unpredictable, dramatic, fresh, and nostalgic at the same time. Great movie!
  11. Nov 10, 2012
    I can see why it may have negative comments. Granted it wasn't the roller coaster of the old style, but we know that the Daniel Craig ones aren't in the same mold. What we do know is that the new clutch of movies are a little harder, a little grittier and indeed actually show Bond to have a personality. All this aside it is very clear that they are intending to move the series back in the direction of the older movies .....not just to keep the old fans happy but also to bring back classic elements that made Bond so quirky in the first place . Bringing Money-penny and Q back into it are a clear indication that the new movies will meet the old ones somewhere in the middle. In regards to the script , it was well paced , but the old house scene was a little too long and drawn out. The movie also concentrated a lot on M's character and whether the Agency her and Bond worked for is a necessity anymore. I'm not used to the political side of Bond but I think it was necessary in order to set the next movie in place without any unanswered questions and loose ends. Overall tho, very good. Not the best Bond ( Goldeneye is the best for me ) but certainly a great effort with a contemporary feel, yet still holding onto and promising more classic action of the old era. Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyfall eclipses Quantum of Solace, and redeems the franchise under Craig as Bond. From the opening featuring Adele to the Finale, I recommend this to anyone who likes films: whether they be suave, bad-ass, or generally a good movie. Mendes directs this film with such style and prowess that it feels like simply an incredible film from the beginning. The witt with Q, to Javier Bardem, whom it seems is evil because of how incredibly he portrays his roles. I went to this to see Bond, but I came out seeing a great story about Bond, M, and Silva, whom I believe is one of the best villains in the Bond series ever. I was a massive fan of Casino Royale, which I truly thought was the best bond film since Dr. No, but I wholeheartedly that, in story-telling and style, Skyfall eclipsed Craig's first outing as Bond, but Casino Royale will always be one of my favorite movies. A nod to Mendes, who carried the Suave torch to another feat of greatness, with hopefully several more to come with one of the best bond's ever. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2012
    In 2006 we were pleasantly impressed by ,,Casino Royale'' and thought that was the best Bond movie. 2 years late, when ,,Quantum of Solace'' made its debut on big screen we stuck at our first opinion and began to think that 007 may be exhausted. Well, ,,Skyfall'' proves just the opposite as it resurrects an 50 years old spy. More focused on a personal dispute than a global threat, ,,Skyfall'' comes forward with his characters, but it didn't forget to bring a thrilling action and a great script. Injured in appearance, but strong, determined, lucid and phlegmatic in the same time, Bond must prove his loyalty to duty. For the first time his attributes expand from being an agent as he's pulled in a personal conflict. Away from love or personal interest, he must become unselfish in making use of his attributes. Apart from Bond there's a second great item for ,,Skyfall'' and that's Javier Bardem's villain. Raoul Silva represent more than a simple villain, he's a powerful symbol, an opposite Bond, charming the viewer with his moral-psychological attitudes as well as interpretation. We witness the greatest villain in Bond movies, a sociopath, driven by personal vendetta with nothing to stop him. Silva is the cause of all intrigues, but his role becomes even more interesting with subjectivity because he's not seen only as a terrorist but as an individualist. The action of ,,Skyfall'' is already useless when you have such great character, but still, it comes to perfectly complete this ensemble with great, thrilling action, well-written script and solid story. Maybe because it's ,,guilty'' of quite some realism this story becomes even more exciting. From crowdy city into the nature, from normal conflict to personal one, the script takes credit for being made to interpret the moral and psychological action. The technicals are quite impressive to, the movie is exciting to watch, the soundtrack is just as it's supposed to be, and the frames let you enjoy Bond, action and atmosphere as well. We witness some great stunts as well as beautiful filmed frames, made especially to enjoy the audience. In conclusion ,,Skyfall'' meets the standard set by ,,Casino Royale'' and I can say it overtakes him. Now the normal questions that comes into my mind: is there any potential left for Bond or it reaches its peak? The answer is: there's still potential left in 007 and peaks can grow higher. If they continue being so great for the next movies, Bond will become the best spy with no chance to be brought down in any possible future, but he's already there... Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyfall is wonderful, is visually lovely and the sound is brilliant. Javier Bardem gives one of his best performances and should get his 4 oscar nomination. I think acceptance among those who saw it was unanimous and it shows that this film is a success.
  15. Nov 10, 2012
    Perhaps not cinema greatness, it is no doubt a great Bond film.Yes, those thrilling yet ludicrous
    moments are still there, but the overly facetious,sophisticated Bond of old is now owned by Craig----
    humanly flawed and vulnerable, yet retaining that knifey edge----- that icy aura of danger. Exotic
    locales; a deliciously wicked villain; stunning cinematography; and a compelling,
    SUSPENSEFUL
    plot deliver a movie that's great fun but something more------ something too rare in films today;
    it resonates.
  16. Nov 10, 2012
    Visually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this film you should have your head examined. Enough said. Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2012
    I think when it comes to bond movies you think action suspense and cool gadgets. This movie had me glued and walked out happy. I'm not a huge bond fan but the guy from no country for old men the bad guy I forget his name. He was amazing in this movie.
  18. Nov 9, 2012
    I've seen most of the Bond movies over the years, and this is probably among the best (at least as good as "Casino Royale," on par with "From Russia With Love" and "Goldfinger.") Moreover, it is a study in what makes Bond a true hero: not the women, not the luxuries, but "for Queen and Country" to the bitter end (and beyond).
  19. Nov 9, 2012
    No Bond film will match up to "Casino Royale". It just can't be done. The villains were perfect, the writing was intelligent, Craig was great, Eva Green was the best Bond girl of all time and the emotional impact was thrilling. That being said, this is about as perfect a Bond movie as you could ever get. A vast improvement over the action-over-storyline "Quantum of Solace", "Skyfall" perfectly blends emotion and stylish action. Bardem is one of the most memorable villains in Bond history and Craig matches his performance. It's a near-perfect Bond film that ranks with the best in the history of the franchise. Expand
  20. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall is the best of the Daniel Craig movies. The plot was awesome. Sam did an awesome job with this bond film. Daniel Craig is the best bond Since Sean Connery in my opinion Craig is the best Bond.
  21. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall is another incredible movie for 2012. After Batman, this is probably my favorite movie this year. The action scenes are incredible, the villain is incredible, the music is incredible and best of all the story, this time, is much better developed. After the overly complicated story of Quantum of Solace, Skyfall simplifies things for the better flourishing its elegance and style to maximum heights. Daniel Craig once again does an incredible job as Bond, performing extraordinary in all of the different levels of emotions that this film's Bond demands. Javier Bardem as Silva also makes for a funny and very memorable villain. Overall Skyfall takes some interesting routes that were never expected or done in other 007 movies, and so, ultimately ends up being a very enjoyable and a fresh ride. With Casino Royale and this, Craig's Bond is growing into being the best ever. Expand
  22. Nov 9, 2012
    As a kid all I watched were Bond movies. Sean Connery was my favorite out of all of them. Casino Royale came out and Daniel Craig was so interesting to watch. He was gritty and different than the other's. I'm happy to say that I liked Skyfall even better than Casino Royale. In fact it may be my favorite Bond film yet. Why? Well because Daniel Craig has proved that he is a brilliant bond. He in fact is one of my favorites. May even be my favorite. In Skyfall his performance is so top notch and well done. The plot is interesting and deeper than other Bond films. One must think about the plot over a day or so. At first it doesn't seem to deep, but than it hits you the next day how deep it actually was. The action scenes are choreographed to perfection. The locations are breath taking. The visuals are stunning. Javier Bardem is masterful in this film. I could not help but smile whenever he talked. His dialogue was so evil and twisted. His character was the most colorful of the film, and also the of the most colorful and rememberable villains in the Bond films. Bardem is flawless through out the whole film. Sam Mendes directed Skyfall with up most skill. He adds new elements to Bond, but is sure not to forget about keeping some classic Bond elements in the mix. I am very impressed with Skyfall. In fact I can't wait to see what's next for Bond. I would hope that Craig would return, because I have become so attached to his Bond. Excellent work by the cast and crew. This film is the best movie I have seen so far this year! I hope it gets Oscar attention. It certainly deserves it! Expand
  23. Nov 9, 2012
    Thank God I can finally give my review, I watched this two weeks ago in UK and I still stand by my comment, this is the best Bond ever. I finds this due to the amazing characterisation giving us the some classic and brand new Bond characters that we care about and want to see more of. Between these great characters there is also great chemistry, old and new. What is possibly the movie's greatest characteristic is the amazing cinematography, especially in the Shanghai scene which looks absolutely gorgeous and very memorable. Finally it contains some of the best scenes of all time in my opinion, one involving a certain classic Bond car. In the end Skyfall is a very funny, action packed and extremely memorable and enjoyable movie that is also emotionally involving with a more personal story line. Bond is Back and it looks like he is here to stay. Expand
  24. Nov 9, 2012
    A really well done film, with a corny "Home Alone" ending. Had a great mix of classic 'Bond' elements with a modern variation. I particularly enjoyed Q, though the lack of a bond girl was a bit of a let down. Overall, highly recommended but not a perfect 10.
  25. Nov 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, even after a week this movie is still quite fresh in mind. Pros: Javier Bardem, what can I say. A copycat of Heath Ledger's Joker, yet mixed in with a bit of Julian Assange and you get one of the creepiest, yet brilliant villains of all the Bond franchises. And so determined to kill a single person.

Judi really did a great job for her swan song. First time that M actually became a principal rather than a supporting, and she really gave a good impression.

Lots of sarcastic jokes interlaced in the movie. Depending on your tolerance this may be quite annoying to some but to me, the laughters in the cinema when I watched is testament enough.

This movie really came full circle of the reimaging of Bond. Daniel Craig is without doubt one of the best Bond's for the 21st century. Now you really can trace him evolving from a blunt, cold blooded assassin, to being the legend himself. You even get to see how certain characters have begun their lives in MI6 in this newer Bond

The plot was brilliantly layed out, yet unconvoluted unlike some movies that pretentiously use it as "complexity". You know what da Silva wants, but never know how it is to be implemented. Quite clever writing. And the theme of going old school, to outwit cyberterrorism is quite smartly written, going gritty ala Sean Connery days with lesser gadgets, more grit, with a few hiccups. You can also see the clash between Cold War attitudes vs. current liberalist post Wikileaks attitude as part of the theme. I didn't need to waste time recalling areas with plot holes, or if there are the escapism was intense enough to distract me.

Cons: Action. Because this movie tries to break free from QoS Bournification, it kinda overcompensated. No really memorable scenes came into mind. Part of it may come from the movie's tight budget, and it will be it's Achilles heel as action minded audiences will come out of there yawning and giving unfair criticisms. It all comes down to personal taste but come on, the old school movies that were so highly praised were not flamboyant in action too.

The third act. A precedent in Bond history as the villain..... doesn't die in a typical fashion. Anticlimactic, almost like Bane in TDKR. But at least he kept up the creepy up to the end and died with dignity. Furthermore there is a question of why he kept throwing grenades at a burning house instead of just storming in if he wants M, shouldn't more precision be used instead?

Product placement is very atrocious. You can see it in the pre-screening and some of it doesn't end up in the film, it ends up on the tie in game. Again a side effect of making a film on a tighter budget.

Bond MIA during his 3 months on a beach. First WTF was that 2 scene sex scene? Pointless. And whilsta subplot involves Bond getting shell-shocked with his work supposed to be in this movie, it was poorly expositioned. Pointless especially when he got on the 1st flight to London the second he heard MI6 was blown up. I think what Mendes was trying to do was to draw a comparison between Bond and da Silva given their similar circumstances, but this was so underdeveloped.

Bond's backstory was interesting. I want MORE, yet it was dangled out like a **** and stopped being mentioned by the beginning of act 3.

Thomas Newman did a fairly good job using older Bond music in action scenes, but Powell was better. At some point when the DB5 was blown up, the music goes upbeat as if to suggest it pissed Bond off. Inappropriate, only invocative to Bond fans, but just looks corny.

Naomie Harris is going to be a bit of a problem as Moneypenny. 1st she's a field op who thinks she can be at Bond's level. Any form of chemistry in the old Moneypennies is gone because it all hinges on Moneypenny being the (rather sexistly) damsel trying to get to Bond's heart. Even in the 80s to 90s Moneypenny is sarcastic but still charming. That doesn't work here since she can do what a field op can. Those flirty moments just doesn't work, no chemistry....

Conclusion: Superb movie, probably the best so far ,but compared to Casino Royale this one just missed by the skin of its teeth. The story is great, completes the saga, Adele was great, Bardem was memorable, but the action is lackluster, underused subplots and anticlimactic fights drags the movie a bit. It also will get shot by action-minded moviegoers interested in QoS or Rises, but for me its a thumbs up to the max. Here's to a fruitful career, Mr Craig.
  26. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall, the new James Bond film, is one of the best in the Bond series. Skyfall takes the Bond character to another level, it really develops him. If in "Cassino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace" Daniel Craig was a good Bond, in Skyfall, he is Bond. The action scenes are awesome, the dialogues are great, but what really stands out is Javier Bardem as the villain, he is one of the best Bond villains ever. It´s a bit overly long, but apart from that this film is great! Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2012
    This film is a rare action masterpiece
  28. Nov 9, 2012
    James Bond films were never really considered as great films. They are good escapist fares, but never considered as something more than that. On some occasions, such as 'On Her Majesty Secret Service' or 'Casino Royale', the Bond films rose to become something more, but they are far and between. Until now. Skyfall may be one of the best Bond film of all time, and may be the best film of 2012. It's a character piece that deconstructs who Bond really is and his relationship with those surrounding him, in particular with 'M'. The cinematography is top notch, the plot sublime and Sam Mendes delivers. But at the heart of Skyfall is the performances of its actors. Craig finally becomes the best Bond since Connery, imbuing great depth to this character. Judi Dench finally does her best turn yet, while Bardem delivers an over the top performance as Silva, one of Bond's most memorable villain. Again, I can't say enough of this, one of the finest film of 2012, and the best Bond film of all time. Don't miss it. Expand
  29. Nov 9, 2012
    Sam Mendes achieved the perfect balance between the realism in Casino Royale and the classic Bond elements. 007 fans will have a great time appreciating the subtle references to other films (unlike the ones in Quantum of Solace which were thrown right at your face). Once more, Daniel Craig is amazing as the most badass James Bond to date along with Timothy Dalton. This time he does a great job on portraying a weak and more vulnerable Bond that has lost his touch and is tired of life. Judi Dench at this point can act as M in her sleep, but this time we see a more human side of 007's boss as she tries to keep cool in the most chaotic circumstances. The relationship between Bond and M is explored as never before. Javier Bardem will certainly be remembered as Silva: one of the best villains in Bond history with his threatening and enjoyable presence. Ralph Fiennes is great as usual, this time posing as the one who comes to put Bond and M in their places. Also, the music by Thomas Newman and the cinematography by Roger Deakins are top notch. The only flaws I found in Skyfall are that even though Ben Whishaw's portrayal is cool, Q is more like Anna Grimsdottir from the Splinter Cell games than Q (the gadgets are deeply missed in the Daniel Craig films) and the Bond girls do a good job but they aren't as important as in other films. Skyfall has one of the best stories in the 007 series without ever forgetting watching James Bond has to be exciting. Expand
  30. Nov 9, 2012
    Possibly the best bond movie ever - and I have seen all the other ones. It is good exactly because it is nothing like the other ones. This movie feels more like a Die Hard (part 1) than a Bond flick. Believable storyline, forward looking and modern script and awesome direction. Daniel Craig has totally redeemed himself on this one. I always looked at him as too gruff to suit the Bond character, but this role demanded exactly that rough exterior and could not have been done by anyone else (with the possible exception of Sean Connery)

If I tried (really hard) to find fault with it, all I could say is, its rather long! But an all around awesome movie ...

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.