7.5

1. Nov 17, 2012
    Skyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities verySkyfall is brilliant, it truly is. The acting and portrayal of James Bond and all of the other characters is amazing. The action is gripping and exciting. The plot/story line is really interesting, there are great moments concerning the plot, like: spoilers which I won't tell you, because if you haven't seen it yet, it will spoil the film. You get to know the character's personalities very well. The special effects are very impressive. The music is some of the greatest music in any film ever. The suspense. The classic feel of the James Bond films is perfectly portrayed. The whole film is just brilliantly done, it's gripping, exciting, action-packed, it's got an incredible and classic feel to it. Skyfall is one of the greatest film of all time, if you haven't seen it yet, you have to see it, it's highly recommended! 10/10. Definitely. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    Arguably the best film in a very celebrated series concerning a rugged, battled and bruised Bond (Daniel Craig) who must put his personal troubles and professional insecurities aside in order to help his agency, MI6, from a threatening ex-agent (Javier Bardem) and his mission to destroy it. The most personal and darkest Bond film ever made is also its best, as the film is not only Craig'sArguably the best film in a very celebrated series concerning a rugged, battled and bruised Bond (Daniel Craig) who must put his personal troubles and professional insecurities aside in order to help his agency, MI6, from a threatening ex-agent (Javier Bardem) and his mission to destroy it. The most personal and darkest Bond film ever made is also its best, as the film is not only Craig's finest two hours of acting (which is not meant to be an insult, as he is a talented actor), but it also makes self-referential jabs that come across as refreshing and humorous. Director Sam Mendes strikes a delicate balance of making fun of the old films at times, but also finding a way to honor the history of the series while in the same turn reinventing it going forward as a more serious, adult series. No easy task, but he passes with flying colors, with an final scene which could not be more perfectly executed. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    007 movies were always solid, that does exactly the same.
  4. Nov 9, 2012
    I've seen most of the Bond movies over the years, and this is probably among the best (at least as good as "Casino Royale," on par with "From Russia With Love" and "Goldfinger.") Moreover, it is a study in what makes Bond a true hero: not the women, not the luxuries, but "for Queen and Country" to the bitter end (and beyond).
  5. Nov 10, 2012
    Best bond film yet. Pays tribute to all of the other ones with a game change in plot and action. Unpredictable, dramatic, fresh, and nostalgic at the same time. Great movie!
  6. Nov 10, 2012
    One of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty ofOne of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty of chases and things getting blown up. Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall is another incredible movie for 2012. After Batman, this is probably my favorite movie this year. The action scenes are incredible, the villain is incredible, the music is incredible and best of all the story, this time, is much better developed. After the overly complicated story of Quantum of Solace, Skyfall simplifies things for the better flourishing its elegance and style toSkyfall is another incredible movie for 2012. After Batman, this is probably my favorite movie this year. The action scenes are incredible, the villain is incredible, the music is incredible and best of all the story, this time, is much better developed. After the overly complicated story of Quantum of Solace, Skyfall simplifies things for the better flourishing its elegance and style to maximum heights. Daniel Craig once again does an incredible job as Bond, performing extraordinary in all of the different levels of emotions that this film's Bond demands. Javier Bardem as Silva also makes for a funny and very memorable villain. Overall Skyfall takes some interesting routes that were never expected or done in other 007 movies, and so, ultimately ends up being a very enjoyable and a fresh ride. With Casino Royale and this, Craig's Bond is growing into being the best ever. Expand
  8. Nov 11, 2012
    This was definitely one of my favourite bond movies it gives a very interesting story that keeps the audiences attention. there was alot more character development especially between Bond and M and i would definitely reccomend this movie especially to bond fans.
  9. Nov 11, 2012
    Admittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villainAdmittedly, I've only watched a few Peirce Bronson Bond films as a young child and then Daniel Craig's additions to the franchise, so I am not exactly a scholar of the Bond films but I do enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The acting was superb and Javier Bardeem had me smiling a few times. The villain he plays is just insane and he does such a great job portraying that villain in such a way that you kind of forget that the thing's he's doing are a bit unrealistic. Overall a great movie. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyfall is wonderful, is visually lovely and the sound is brilliant. Javier Bardem gives one of his best performances and should get his 4 oscar nomination. I think acceptance among those who saw it was unanimous and it shows that this film is a success.
  11. Nov 10, 2012
    Awesome Bond movie, arguably the best of the Craig Bond films. The story is really involving, the actors all give fine performance and Sam Mendes' direction is perfect. Skyfall outbeats Casino Royale and I wonder if Bond 24 will be better than Skyfall though I doubt it.
  12. Nov 10, 2012
    Bond the best movie so far. Amazing cast, Daniel Graig better than the previous 2 movies. But the film has some lazy moments like that Javier Bardem catch Bond and he escapes so easily. So I strongly recommend the movie.
  13. Nov 9, 2012
    Nothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myselfNothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myself in their shoes, as it wouldn't be quite honest. From a casual viewer's perspective though, let me reiterate: Skyfall is very, very good.

From the superb credit sequence (coming, as it seems to be a well-established habit by now, after a pretty long opening sequence), with its retro and yet quite modern graphical style, to the not surprising but still quite well orchestrated ending, the movie has more to offer than you'd expect and is potentially well capable of pleasing different kinds of audience.

To be honest, I didn't have very high expectations about the acting, which instead turned out to be first-class: Craig positively surprised me (now I know he's much more than the sexy, hunky, ladies-pleasing figurine he is also meant to be), and Bardem was just insanely good, as if the role (which may well be the case) was tailored right on him. Dench was also unquestionably an excellent choice, and I could go on praising basically the whole cast without fear of saying anything crazy.

The story is well constructed; nothing particularly new to the genre, but it does always maintain the right pace, without holes, haste or dragging of any kind. The opening sequence had me hum with undisguised disappointment for quite a while (it's a long one), as it's basically a long, much filmic chase riddled with a plethora of unnecessary explosions and quite ludicrous "in the very nick of time" moments. Not to mention the abuse of "bloody" in the first dialogues ('cause yes, we get it's the smallest things that help create an atmosphere, but insisting too much on some will threaten to break the suspension of disbelief). This all had me strongly hope that wasn't what I went to see.

Luckily, it wasn't. Not at all. Instead, I was treated with a fine, I'd say even classy, plot served with acumen and that touch of irony that, or at least so I am told, characterises the Bond movies as a series. Even I, as a non-fan, could appreciate a few nods to the long line of Bond gadgets from the older movies, gently touched on all along Skyfall. This never being too much, nor ever too blatant or insisting, and always done with a hint of irony, made a very good impression on me. And the fact that Skyfall doesn't take itself too seriously, though managing to remain "realistic" (or let's say plausible), is in my opinion one of the movie's big strengths.

A brief mention is also due, I think, to the soundtrack. Though never stellar (and much less effective if listened to off the movie), it manages to convey all it's supposed to in such a motion picture: tension when it's the case, a little distension at the right moments, and an overall sense of adventure, but on the classy and refined side. And the same be said about Adele's title song - again, from a non-fan but rather very casual listener: job very well done.

If someone had told me I'd be so pleased with a movie choice my girlfriend made (she got to pick it this time), I would've hardly believed it. Turns out she was so right I feel like I owe her something of a public apology. So here it is, and to all other readers I can't but give the banal advice: go see it, you won't regret it. And this is especially true (at least from my perspective) for non-fans, casual viewers, Bond first-timers, and all other conceivable categories falling out of the "Bond fan" tag.
  14. Nov 11, 2012
    The best James Bond? Great franchise reboot! Music in the intro is perfect! And how wonderful chase scenes, fights, and shootings! That only is the last scene in the mansion! Great movie!
  15. Nov 11, 2012
    This was just a simply amazing bond film. Sam Mendes we need you back for the next installment. The writing, cinematography and acting was to perfection.
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    Unbelievable. I have never seen a movie theatre that quiet. You could literally hear people think 'my god, WTF is this It's like the filmmakers thought 'how can we make every dialogue and every scene as bad as possible, and every character as unlikeable as possible ?'.
    The nerd at MI6 tops it off.
  17. Nov 10, 2012
    I think when it comes to bond movies you think action suspense and cool gadgets. This movie had me glued and walked out happy. I'm not a huge bond fan but the guy from no country for old men the bad guy I forget his name. He was amazing in this movie.
  18. Nov 9, 2012
    Possibly the best bond movie ever - and I have seen all the other ones. It is good exactly because it is nothing like the other ones. This movie feels more like a Die Hard (part 1) than a Bond flick. Believable storyline, forward looking and modern script and awesome direction. Daniel Craig has totally redeemed himself on this one. I always looked at him as too gruff to suit the BondPossibly the best bond movie ever - and I have seen all the other ones. It is good exactly because it is nothing like the other ones. This movie feels more like a Die Hard (part 1) than a Bond flick. Believable storyline, forward looking and modern script and awesome direction. Daniel Craig has totally redeemed himself on this one. I always looked at him as too gruff to suit the Bond character, but this role demanded exactly that rough exterior and could not have been done by anyone else (with the possible exception of Sean Connery)

If I tried (really hard) to find fault with it, all I could say is, its rather long! But an all around awesome movie ...
  19. Nov 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, even after a week this movie is still quite fresh in mind. Pros: Javier Bardem, what can I say. A copycat of Heath Ledger's Joker, yet mixed in with a bit of Julian Assange and you get one of the creepiest, yet brilliant villains of all the Bond franchises. And so determined to kill a single person.

Judi really did a great job for her swan song. First time that M actually became a principal rather than a supporting, and she really gave a good impression.

Lots of sarcastic jokes interlaced in the movie. Depending on your tolerance this may be quite annoying to some but to me, the laughters in the cinema when I watched is testament enough.

This movie really came full circle of the reimaging of Bond. Daniel Craig is without doubt one of the best Bond's for the 21st century. Now you really can trace him evolving from a blunt, cold blooded assassin, to being the legend himself. You even get to see how certain characters have begun their lives in MI6 in this newer Bond

The plot was brilliantly layed out, yet unconvoluted unlike some movies that pretentiously use it as "complexity". You know what da Silva wants, but never know how it is to be implemented. Quite clever writing. And the theme of going old school, to outwit cyberterrorism is quite smartly written, going gritty ala Sean Connery days with lesser gadgets, more grit, with a few hiccups. You can also see the clash between Cold War attitudes vs. current liberalist post Wikileaks attitude as part of the theme. I didn't need to waste time recalling areas with plot holes, or if there are the escapism was intense enough to distract me.

Cons: Action. Because this movie tries to break free from QoS Bournification, it kinda overcompensated. No really memorable scenes came into mind. Part of it may come from the movie's tight budget, and it will be it's Achilles heel as action minded audiences will come out of there yawning and giving unfair criticisms. It all comes down to personal taste but come on, the old school movies that were so highly praised were not flamboyant in action too.

The third act. A precedent in Bond history as the villain..... doesn't die in a typical fashion. Anticlimactic, almost like Bane in TDKR. But at least he kept up the creepy up to the end and died with dignity. Furthermore there is a question of why he kept throwing grenades at a burning house instead of just storming in if he wants M, shouldn't more precision be used instead?

Product placement is very atrocious. You can see it in the pre-screening and some of it doesn't end up in the film, it ends up on the tie in game. Again a side effect of making a film on a tighter budget.

Bond MIA during his 3 months on a beach. First WTF was that 2 scene sex scene? Pointless. And whilsta subplot involves Bond getting shell-shocked with his work supposed to be in this movie, it was poorly expositioned. Pointless especially when he got on the 1st flight to London the second he heard MI6 was blown up. I think what Mendes was trying to do was to draw a comparison between Bond and da Silva given their similar circumstances, but this was so underdeveloped.

Bond's backstory was interesting. I want MORE, yet it was dangled out like a **** and stopped being mentioned by the beginning of act 3.

Thomas Newman did a fairly good job using older Bond music in action scenes, but Powell was better. At some point when the DB5 was blown up, the music goes upbeat as if to suggest it pissed Bond off. Inappropriate, only invocative to Bond fans, but just looks corny.

Naomie Harris is going to be a bit of a problem as Moneypenny. 1st she's a field op who thinks she can be at Bond's level. Any form of chemistry in the old Moneypennies is gone because it all hinges on Moneypenny being the (rather sexistly) damsel trying to get to Bond's heart. Even in the 80s to 90s Moneypenny is sarcastic but still charming. That doesn't work here since she can do what a field op can. Those flirty moments just doesn't work, no chemistry....

Conclusion: Superb movie, probably the best so far ,but compared to Casino Royale this one just missed by the skin of its teeth. The story is great, completes the saga, Adele was great, Bardem was memorable, but the action is lackluster, underused subplots and anticlimactic fights drags the movie a bit. It also will get shot by action-minded moviegoers interested in QoS or Rises, but for me its a thumbs up to the max. Here's to a fruitful career, Mr Craig.
  20. Nov 10, 2012
    Visually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this filmVisually stunning, each actor/actress brings needed depth to the franchise. This is the best bond film ever and Daniel Craig firmly places himself at the head of the line as the most convincing Bond. Adding Finnes to the film was a stroke of genius. Most importantly, though, the writing in this film is tight and gritty lending authenticity to this installment. If you don't like this film you should have your head examined. Enough said. Expand
  21. Nov 9, 2012
    The best movie since The Dark Knight. Craig has usurped Connery as the best Bond, and this movie comes with one of the most memorable villains in Raoul Silva, with an amazing performance from Javier Bardem.
  22. Nov 9, 2012
    Two men chase each other across the rooftops of Istanbul, on motorcycles, and then fight each other atop a speeding train not to mention a beautiful woman watching it all and ready to come to the aid of the hero if need be and you are in a theatre watching the 24th film,
  23. Nov 9, 2012
    This film is a rare action masterpiece
  24. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed the film, though I would have loved to have seen more of the primary bond girl. Only Casino Royale figured out how to feature a bond girl the way they did it with Eva Green. My primary criticism was that of the group setting up the house at Skyfall for the "uninvited guests" - seemed like a remake of the original Home Alone. That sequence pulled me out of the Bond universe for the first time in the film. I had fun with the movie - better than Quantum of Solace, not as good as Casino Royale (but that is a very high bar). Expand
  25. Nov 19, 2012
    This was the most surprising Bond movie I've ever seen. It has everything you see in a Bond movie but also everything you don't see in Bond movies so much. This one felt like it tried to be a different film while still remaining a Bond film at the same time. Bond just proves that he is a superhero you don't see in comic books. He is a badass and knows how to kick (or shoot) butt. How doesThis was the most surprising Bond movie I've ever seen. It has everything you see in a Bond movie but also everything you don't see in Bond movies so much. This one felt like it tried to be a different film while still remaining a Bond film at the same time. Bond just proves that he is a superhero you don't see in comic books. He is a badass and knows how to kick (or shoot) butt. How does he not qualify as a superhero even if he doesn't have powers?

Watch this movie. If you're a Bond fan or not you'll love this movie. It is designed for both fans and non-fans. It has all the action you'd expect from a James Bond movie, while having a strong script that is executed in a way that will appeal to newcomers as well.

The Second act of the movie is the best part, that and the (INCREDIBLE) opening chase scene. Also, this could be the first Bond movie to definitely be a period piece of modern times. However it will live on as one of the greats in the series. The cyber-terrorism plot is not exactly what you would expect from Bond, but the way it's done here, it's right at home.

Skyfall is a breakthrough in the James Bond franchise. Watch it on the big screen before it is out of the theatre altogether. You'll be surprised.
  26. Nov 11, 2012
    By no means a bad film, my main issue was that it didn't take itself seriously, and often touched on parody. The action sequences are top-drawer, as you'd expect, but the story line is pretty weak. I've probably rated it up a mark having viewed it in the cinema, too. Having said all that, it's a major improvement over a Quantum of Solace, if nothing else.
  27. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very well done 007 movie. Perfectly spaced out between the action scenes and great CGI. Must see for any action fan. Saw this in IMAX 3D. Thought towards the end it was dragged out whenever the badguy was attacking the house and chasing the lady down. besides that its worth it. Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever.One of the best bond films ever. I see some people on here talking smack but their reviews dont make any sense, so Im guessing they had no idea what even happened in the film. This was the most beautiful bond film ever made. It has a brilliant pacing, action, drama, story balance, its unpredictable, has beautifully conceived erotic scenes, satisfying action, and the best bond villain ever. If you dont understand it dont write a bad review, just go watch it again, because it actually made a lot more sense than most bond films. Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It takes 3/4 of the show to establish the main villian. That's fine. He's a mastermind, and it seems like he has some big plans. They have established the evil genius now let's move towards the soon to be world eding plan. Nope. We get a few seconds of his plan and the rest of the movie is him simply trying to kill bond and M. That's it. He follows them around trying to kill them. And to top it off, there is no genius revealed. That's it: Guy tries to kill a couple people. In the end (I checked spoilers don't forget), the bad guy dies by Bond simply throwing a knife into his back. Think about this, I don't care what the knife represents, it is simply thrown into the back of the bad guy and threat removed. There will never be another bond movie as bad as this. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.