7.5

1. Nov 9, 2012
    A really well done film, with a corny "Home Alone" ending. Had a great mix of classic 'Bond' elements with a modern variation. I particularly enjoyed Q, though the lack of a bond girl was a bit of a let down. Overall, highly recommended but not a perfect 10.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    I've seen most of the Bond movies over the years, and this is probably among the best (at least as good as "Casino Royale," on par with "From Russia With Love" and "Goldfinger.") Moreover, it is a study in what makes Bond a true hero: not the women, not the luxuries, but "for Queen and Country" to the bitter end (and beyond).
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    I've always been a Bond fan. To start off, Pierce Brosnan is the best. He had gadgets, the original Q and a sense of charm and wit. The Danial Craig Bond is emotionless and dry at times. That being said I have still loved all three of his movies so far. If I had to rate them in order Skyfall is at the top then Casino Royal and then Quantum of Solace. I hope people can agree they shouldI've always been a Bond fan. To start off, Pierce Brosnan is the best. He had gadgets, the original Q and a sense of charm and wit. The Danial Craig Bond is emotionless and dry at times. That being said I have still loved all three of his movies so far. If I had to rate them in order Skyfall is at the top then Casino Royal and then Quantum of Solace. I hope people can agree they should have never made the plot personal. Skyfall is an amazing movie. It does not have too many screen changes all throughout like Quantum did. It actually focuses on a well thought out story and balances action with the slower paced moments. This movie is definitely worth buying and seeing in theaters if you haven't yet. Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    Truly an outstanding 007 film-one of the best I think. The best part was watching the bad guy getting paddled in a public square with his head and hands in stocks & him sans false teeth while wearing nothing but a tiny cowboy hat. Well, all joking aside it really was a great film...Worth seeing more than once. They did feature an actual island called Hashima that is off the coast ofTruly an outstanding 007 film-one of the best I think. The best part was watching the bad guy getting paddled in a public square with his head and hands in stocks & him sans false teeth while wearing nothing but a tiny cowboy hat. Well, all joking aside it really was a great film...Worth seeing more than once. They did feature an actual island called Hashima that is off the coast of Japan-not China-saying it had been claimed by the films bad guy when in reality it had been a mining colony that had been closed c.1960 after the deposit they had been mining was mined out. I once saw a documentary on it made by someone who had lived there as a child. Interesting. That oversight does not take away from the film though-it is a strong enough idea. Great ending with a few good twists....go see it -you won't be disappointed. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2012
    I don't care if I sound like a broken record when I say this: Skyfall really is the "Dark Knight" of the James Bond film franchise. You don't need to be a bond fan to enjoy this one. The action is comprehensible and exciting. The acting is great all around, with Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem always threatening to steal the show. Casino Royale was great, but Skyfall may just be better.
  6. Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe there are lots of The Dark Knight elements and there is no exploring in some characters, but the spectacular acting (I think Javier Bardem will win another Oscar), good action and funny moments makes Skyfall still an interesting and sexy blockbuster.
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    To be honest I had never seen another Bond movie before but when I went last night with some friends to see it, the screen definitely lit up. The story and how it led to the ending was magnificent and I truly enjoyed the new addition to the franchise and cannot wait for the next one, for I am sure it will come back guns blazing 007 style. The only thing that actually bugged me were a fewTo be honest I had never seen another Bond movie before but when I went last night with some friends to see it, the screen definitely lit up. The story and how it led to the ending was magnificent and I truly enjoyed the new addition to the franchise and cannot wait for the next one, for I am sure it will come back guns blazing 007 style. The only thing that actually bugged me were a few minor details that the average person won't spot, so definitely one of my favorite movies. Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2012
    Skyfall is one of the most surprising Bonds to me. It features original plot twists and adds a new kind of film to the franchise. Although it picks up what seems to be trending motifs in cinema now (compare Die Hard 4.0 and Dark Knight Rises), it is still a well executed film. The characters are excellent (especially Bond, M and the villain) and aside from the "hacking" part (which isSkyfall is one of the most surprising Bonds to me. It features original plot twists and adds a new kind of film to the franchise. Although it picks up what seems to be trending motifs in cinema now (compare Die Hard 4.0 and Dark Knight Rises), it is still a well executed film. The characters are excellent (especially Bond, M and the villain) and aside from the "hacking" part (which is typically ridiculous in films nowadays and one of the biggest flaws in the logic of this film), the story is interesting to the audience, revealing flaws in the protagonists and their system. Whereas I was disappointed by A Quantum of Solace, Skyfall lives up to the freshness of Casino Royale and dares to take new paths for Bond and the MI6 again. Expand
  9. Nov 26, 2012
    The movie was enjoyable. The music was good and suited the scenes. Action was smooth and didn't hog too much screen time. Visually the locations in the movie were interesting, variying and beatiful. Craig continues to perform well and fits the character perfectly. Same goes for the other characters. The villain stayed within logic and wasn't evil just for the sake of being evil. The plotThe movie was enjoyable. The music was good and suited the scenes. Action was smooth and didn't hog too much screen time. Visually the locations in the movie were interesting, variying and beatiful. Craig continues to perform well and fits the character perfectly. Same goes for the other characters. The villain stayed within logic and wasn't evil just for the sake of being evil. The plot is ok even though you can pretty much guess how it'll play out right from the start. The makers of this movie knew what the audience expects from a Bond movie and delibirately made jokes of those things, which for me was very refreshing. As with movies involving high-tech in the plot, there was hacking and such computer stuff in it which was a "bit" overplayed and animated compared to how it is in real life, but I accept this for the sake of making it visual for the movie viewer. Expand
  10. Dec 10, 2012
    Skyfall is just another reason why Daniel Craig's Bond stands apart; the level of character he exudes due to the more dynamic role he plays is amazing. No other Bond do you see at the lows and highs of his life, as well as his abilities. It's quite the stark contrast to less interesting Bonds like Brosnan, who was more memorable for the gadgets he used than his character.

9/10 for

9/10 for exceeding expectations of character, and throwing a good movie in as well.
  11. Nov 27, 2012
    james bond is back with a bang. Right from the start to the end skyfall gives you that old james bond feeling that quantum of solace could not delver. In fact this Bond entry is a candidate for best bond ever. The only negative that pops into my mind is that even though this is a brilliant movie it lacked something new
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    Sam Mendes is most renowned for his outstanding work in romantic, dramatic films though in the Christopher Nolan inspired new James Bond sensation
  13. Nov 30, 2012
    "Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the"Skyfall" is easily the best and most solidly entertaining Bond film to date, raising the bar for the iconic series and bringing Craig's tougher, rougher 007 to its most polished form yet. The choice of Sam Mendes could not have been more spot-on - the movie is beautiful to look at from start to finish. The setpieces and locations are stunning and totally engaging, particularly the skyscraper scene in Shanghai, and everything feels like the classic, traditional Bond while maintaining a marvelous, modern look and style. The plot is very fresh and entertaining, and where the previous two Craig films were somewhat lacking in their villains and finales, this one more than compensates with a much truer and more traditional-feeling villian, played to great effect by Javier Bardem, and a flat-out fantastic climax. Add it all together, and the 50th anniversary Bond marks a genuine step up in quality and entertainment. Absolutely awesome. Expand
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    Operation Skyfall is certainly one of the more different films in the series. Even having links with other films in the series that completes fifty years, which reigns here are references to movies most hallowed of cinema. Or, so to speak, of films that challenge more pipeline, which ultimately generate more intimate links to the protagonist and transcendence. Although problems withOperation Skyfall is certainly one of the more different films in the series. Even having links with other films in the series that completes fifty years, which reigns here are references to movies most hallowed of cinema. Or, so to speak, of films that challenge more pipeline, which ultimately generate more intimate links to the protagonist and transcendence. Although problems with linearity, which in this case are surprisingly linked to Silva villain (played by Oscar winner Javier Bardem for No Country Where The Time), and thus who really holds the film as a whole is Daniel Craig. Although forceful action scenes, is quite correct to say that the film earns exactly the weaknesses that James Bond and exposes the direction of Sam Mendes that makes it all look perfect. In all, Operation Skyfall does not surpass the perfect Casino Royale, but is undoubtedly among the best in the series. Expand
  15. Dec 28, 2012
    One of the best portrayed, and entertaining 007 films I've seen. Skyfall is a two and a half hour long film that's worth watching. An excellent way to bring back earlier characters.
  16. Jan 8, 2013
    an epic must watch the bond film is back with a huge bang, this film is one definitely to watch, whether you enjoy Bond or not, the film contains an epic mix of suspense, and action with an extremely well structured story line, antagonist, and ending, as well as a straight to the point introduction.
  17. Feb 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As you all know, 2012 marks the 50th year of the James Bond series and Skyfall is the 23rd movie in the entire franchise. What I have to say is that Skyfall is an outstanding movie but I will get all the details down but this review will contain spoilers so if you haven't seen the movie, DO NOT read this review, you have been warned.

Skyfall begins with Bond fighting an agent working for a terrorist in Istanbul and then being shot by a female sniper and then drowns in water which makes MI6 claim that Bond is dead but when MI6 is under attack, Bond returns to MI6 to stop the villan. Daniel Craig has done an amazing job with his performance as James Bond as well as Javier Bardem as the antagonist Silva. Both Mr.Craig and Mr.Bardem have both executed their scenes perfectly. Also, the movie does have a lot of awesome and memorable moments such as Bond and his co-worker Eve played by Naomie Harris in Istanbul, Bond in China and the ending. Another great thing about the movie is Judi Dench as M. Her performance was truly memorable that some Bond Fans would want to go back and see. The only problem with this movie is that the movie has some boring scenes like the part where Bond has to redo his training. My final verdict is a 9/10. This is a must see for James Bond fans or if you are someone who wants to see a good movie.
  18. Feb 20, 2013
    Best Bond-movie of Daniel Craig and maybe even the best Bond-movie since Roger Moore's. I like the "back to the roots" romantic and that the plot plays a lot in Great Britain.
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    This James Bond entry is very different from any other James Bond movie ever made. It really takes you to the inner depths of James Bond. Yet it is still everyting James Bond should be. Exciting, action pack and sexy. It is also at times with Javier Bardem, suspenseful. And the ending is truly surprising. Overall, it's still an action-packed thrill ride, just done a lot better than any of them.
  20. May 15, 2013
    The 007 franchise was never the same after the entry of Daniel Craig as James Bond. Skyfall is not only 23rd film in the franchise as well as the best so far. Sam Mendes brings a magnificent thriller and well run with great action scenes and performance of the cast.
  21. Jun 18, 2013
    Okay so is bond #23 everything you hoped for it to be or is it just a huge flop?
    Haha, you kidding? This film is great.
    But before I go any farther… …Adele, you, you are what 007 opening credits were made for. Now that I got that out of the way… This film opens up explosively. From the first action scene to the beautiful opening credit sequence you have already gotten your moneys
    Haha, you kidding? This film is great.
    But before I go any farther…

…Adele, you, you are what 007 opening credits were made for.
    Now that I got that out of the way…
    This film opens up explosively. From the first action scene to the beautiful opening credit sequence you have already gotten your moneys worth. bond #23 is easily the “best looking” one to date. I’m not only talking effects here, I mean lightning and camera work. The use of colour really goes a step forward here, setting the mood perfectly even when locale jumps from one another. Not only that, but for an action film, it knows how to slow down and become even a bit artsy. Let me explain.
    There is a scene in which Bond is chasing “someone”, lets call him, “wood be assassin.” This “wood be assassin” is on a mission of his own. Instead of going in guns blazing, he decides to be very stealthy. While doing so they enter a room beautifully illuminated with blue light; zero sound was used in this scene as well, making it ten times as thrilling, and this is only one example, there are plenty more.
    When Bond meets his enemy for the first time (played by Javier Bardem) The scene also lacks any score of any kind, but to good effect. Instead you hear only two things, Javier’s long menacing metaphor, and the echoing sounds of his footsteps.
    Besides these little details, Skyfall has great performances by Daniel Craig and especially Judi Dench. These two are the highlights of this movie, and by that I mean this story focuses heavily on their relationship and the many details about MI6. This story is easily the strongest one from an emotional standpoint.
    If I have any gripes, one would be the length. I know it’s a Bond film and there are many story details to fit in, and I am a man who can respect slow paced films as long as they benefit the story and or serve a purpose to the suspense/mood of a film. But a few points in the middle of here I found myself wanting the film to progress a bit faster.
    However,
    Skyfall is nothing less than an achievement, not just for action films, but for bond films in general. It is as much of a progression as Casino Royale was. These are how bonds need to be made, they are brilliant. A veteran franchise like this still has a bright future, and I can’t wait to see what Hollywood will do with the next one.
  22. Jun 30, 2013
    Welcome to the 21st century James Bond! Danielle Craig was superb as Bond in Casino Royal, but Quantum of Solace lacked, well everything. So long cold war, hello cyber terrorism. The days of campy exploding pens and laser watches gives way to a villain who is believable and gadgetry/stunts/props that are relatively believable (willful suspension considered). The acting is superb and theWelcome to the 21st century James Bond! Danielle Craig was superb as Bond in Casino Royal, but Quantum of Solace lacked, well everything. So long cold war, hello cyber terrorism. The days of campy exploding pens and laser watches gives way to a villain who is believable and gadgetry/stunts/props that are relatively believable (willful suspension considered). The acting is superb and the cinematography is carefully created. The 50th anniversary gives me hope that the "Hollywood" brain trust is not completely lost in remakes and sequels than really don't need to be made. Expand
  23. Aug 24, 2013
    Intricate and dramatic but not too much to overlook it's gritty and fun action, 'Skyfall' is one of the top Bond films. Craig is the better Bond, except for Sean Connery. Bardem is in a very accomplished role as this enigmatic, lunatic who keeps thickening the plot as it goes on. I loved this so much, I watched in the movies TWICE.
  24. Sep 20, 2013
    One of the best recent Bonds, Skyfall works great as a drama as well as having some classic Bond action scenes. Daniel Craig is a very good portrayer of Ian Fleming's character, and these movies are the perfect showcases for the actor's talents. Overall, a must-see for Bond fans or anyone else who wants to see a good drama and action movie.
  25. Nov 29, 2013
    Darker and more serious, this Bond installment thrills from start to finish through its suspenseful tone, top-notch acting, witty dialogue and its many action sequences.
  26. May 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was better than the original bond movies. In the End, there was a huge house explosion that was so big it was very loud. Adele was good in the song too. Expand
  27. Jul 15, 2014
  28. Nov 9, 2014
    Darker, brooding and more serious, this Bond installment thrills from start to finish through its suspenseful tone, top-notch acting, witty dialogue and plentiful action sequences choreographed expertly.
  29. Sep 26, 2014
    Having never watched any of the Bond movies, I enjoyed this movie very much. I liked Bond's character arch, going from a lost man to a man who finally finds himself and his destiny. Javier Bardem's character was such a great villain. He reminded me a lot of the Joker, from how creepy and sardonic he was. He had a stong presence as a character that could be felt in any scene. A great hero,Having never watched any of the Bond movies, I enjoyed this movie very much. I liked Bond's character arch, going from a lost man to a man who finally finds himself and his destiny. Javier Bardem's character was such a great villain. He reminded me a lot of the Joker, from how creepy and sardonic he was. He had a stong presence as a character that could be felt in any scene. A great hero, an excellent villain and a plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat is a recipe for a fantastic movie. Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2012
    Skyfall ... Definitivamente una de las mejores Películas modernas del legendario 007. Es una contante voragine de acción, pero no solo eso, ya que ademas se producen cambios importantes dentro de sus personajes, que permiten darle consistencia a lo que uno espera como evolución del Agente Secreto Favorito de todos, y que con Daniel Craig han modernizado y hacerlo masSkyfall ... Definitivamente una de las mejores Películas modernas del legendario 007. Es una contante voragine de acción, pero no solo eso, ya que ademas se producen cambios importantes dentro de sus personajes, que permiten darle consistencia a lo que uno espera como evolución del Agente Secreto Favorito de todos, y que con Daniel Craig han modernizado y hacerlo mas creíble. Muy recomendable si te gusta la accion y, obvio, el 007. Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2012
    an easy review. If you like Bond films, then you will like this one. If not, then likewise probably not. Its a fun, engaging and suspense-filled romp, not to be taken too seriously. the really nice thing is that DC finally does bond properly - cold blooded womanising 60's style Connery-bond. Huzzah. that's what we watch it for. It also shows its easy to make a bond film - forget subtext -an easy review. If you like Bond films, then you will like this one. If not, then likewise probably not. Its a fun, engaging and suspense-filled romp, not to be taken too seriously. the really nice thing is that DC finally does bond properly - cold blooded womanising 60's style Connery-bond. Huzzah. that's what we watch it for. It also shows its easy to make a bond film - forget subtext - just et some hotties, a really good baddie and a decent bond, weave in some fights and a bit of politically enfused drama and bosh. 8/10 easy peasy. Well don eall round, probably almost up there with Goldeneye, and the "classics". Expand
  32. Nov 17, 2012
    I'd give this a solid 4.5/5

Increadible movie. Fans of the Bond series will love it but newcomers might not. I loved every second of this film. Bond is such a great character and he is very well portrayed by Craig. Dialogues are great and the cinematography and shots are just well shot. This film focuses a lot on character but it doesn't get distracted by them if that makes any sense.
    I'd give this a solid 4.5/5

although the script and story were great I can't say that the plot and structure is great either. Some of the things at the end of act 2 and beginning of act 3 was just kind of mediocre and done "too fast". The villain is kind of predictable around this stage. I was waiting for sth more elaborate than what happened. Some action sequences, as i said, are pretty bad at times and it's very distracting. However those bad moments are saved by the great cameos and character moments which are very fascinating and intriguing
  33. Apr 25, 2013
    Skyfall is an excellent 007 movie. It's quality comes from heading off the beaten track and showing us things that haven't really been done in a Bond film before. The action sequences are great and the art direction is phenomenal. There are one or two blemishes, though. The plot doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, Javier Bardem's villain is a bit too over-the-top and all the wink-wink oldSkyfall is an excellent 007 movie. It's quality comes from heading off the beaten track and showing us things that haven't really been done in a Bond film before. The action sequences are great and the art direction is phenomenal. There are one or two blemishes, though. The plot doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, Javier Bardem's villain is a bit too over-the-top and all the wink-wink old Bond references, while fun, feel forced and out of context. Not the best 007 movie ever made, but a damn fine one none-the-less. Expand
  34. Nov 15, 2012
    A classic with modern touch, although with taking many cues from Nolan, Skyfall is the most entertaing blockbuster this year. With high A production value in any capacity , Skyfall is another example of masterful filmaking can be so much entertaining. I don't see it as Best Picture contender, but Academy loves Mendes. We'll see.
  35. Dec 4, 2012
    This is quite remarkable for a Bond film. It manages to be wildly entertaining, funny, nostalgic, tense and ultimately heartbreaking. It's beautifully shot and directed, and very well written for most of its run-time. At the centre of the film are three excellent performances from Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench, full of subtext and subtlety; the electricity when they shareThis is quite remarkable for a Bond film. It manages to be wildly entertaining, funny, nostalgic, tense and ultimately heartbreaking. It's beautifully shot and directed, and very well written for most of its run-time. At the centre of the film are three excellent performances from Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench, full of subtext and subtlety; the electricity when they share scenes is intense. This film brings to a close one of the best relationships seen in a Bond film, between Bond and M, after providing a surprising amount of depth and back-story. It's not perfect, but there's so much here that works so impressively. Expand
  36. Dec 3, 2012
    If I had to describe this movie in just two words I would use these: "intensity" and "style". Of course, this movie has it 's number of blunders. But what to expect of one of "007" series? I am not a big fan of action movies in general and "007" in particular. Maybe that is why I like "Skyfall". It is not as empty as the majority of action movies. And that is why you will see it's reviewsIf I had to describe this movie in just two words I would use these: "intensity" and "style". Of course, this movie has it 's number of blunders. But what to expect of one of "007" series? I am not a big fan of action movies in general and "007" in particular. Maybe that is why I like "Skyfall". It is not as empty as the majority of action movies. And that is why you will see it's reviews from "0" all the way to "10". In my opinion, "style" applies to all cinematography here and directing altogether. And, of course, one of my favorite actors, Bardem, knows how to be a villain. As to "intensity", no matter how comfortable your chair is going to be, you will sit on the edge of it. Knowing who will win, knowing how it will end. Last time I had that feeling was a while ago Expand
  37. Mar 11, 2013
    Watching the film you notice that skyfall was inspired by the dark knight looking at javier bardem as the villain as example, with his personality, capture and rescue. It is a good dark bond losing its puff towards the end.
  38. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The latest bond flick is just exhilarating. from over the top car chasing to awesome bare fighting,"Skyfall" has it all. all of it was credited to director Sam Mendez,whose vision is bold enough to take the bond movie beyond its formula.his dramatic approach toward Bond relationship with "M" showed the other story of how he struggled to keep the MI6 intact.despite a rather dramatic approach,Mendez also haven't forgotten the legacy of the series which make "Skyfall" one of the best bond film ever" Expand
  39. Nov 29, 2012
    Its not a typical Bond film. Its good without a doubt, but lacks in the cheesy goofiness department that defined many of the previous Bond movies. I personally like the darker realism of the movie.
  40. Nov 10, 2012
    Awesome Bond movie, arguably the best of the Craig Bond films. The story is really involving, the actors all give fine performance and Sam Mendes' direction is perfect. Skyfall outbeats Casino Royale and I wonder if Bond 24 will be better than Skyfall though I doubt it.
  41. Dec 23, 2012
    Honestly, it was a very good film. It was suspenseful at times. Honestly, there were quite a few things that I didn't like about it, aka it didn't engage me at times during the movie.
  42. Nov 17, 2012
    This bond film was different from the others. This, in my opinion, means that it is better and worse in some ways, for one simple reason - there are less chases and typical bond scenes and the film is much deeper and thought-provoking because of this. This made the film more adult which was good but I still missed typical bond scenes. This is a really good film that will appeal to a widerThis bond film was different from the others. This, in my opinion, means that it is better and worse in some ways, for one simple reason - there are less chases and typical bond scenes and the film is much deeper and thought-provoking because of this. This made the film more adult which was good but I still missed typical bond scenes. This is a really good film that will appeal to a wider audience, however hardcore fans may be disappointed. Expand
  43. Nov 9, 2012
    $10 to see this $200M movie? Count me in. A super fun long opening action sequence. Gorgeous tailored clothing. Beautiful cinematography. Attractive people. A sensible character backstory and motivation. High tech. Low tech. Retro tech. About 50 amazing set pieces.

And James Bond fixing his cuff length after jumping from a crane onto a moving train.
  44. Sep 2, 2014
    James Bond is back and better than ever. Skyfall is quite possibly one of the finest Bond flicks to date. It combines deep emotion with action sequences far superior to any other spy-thrillers out there. Leave it to Sam Mendes!
  45. Nov 14, 2012
    I have not seen a bond film in a long time. Skyfall was a great movie overall and even better then The Darknight Rises and the theme song for Syfall is now stuck in my head. Skyfall 8.5/10
  46. Nov 19, 2012
    A solid 007 movie. QOS was awful, and this was a good followup for Daniel Craig. it has little action scenes, but they are well performed, and it has a great story. See it.
  47. Nov 9, 2012
    Two men chase each other across the rooftops of Istanbul, on motorcycles, and then fight each other atop a speeding train not to mention a beautiful woman watching it all and ready to come to the aid of the hero if need be and you are in a theatre watching the 24th film,
  48. Nov 8, 2014
    Really the main emotion after seeing this film is relief, it is miles better than quantum of solace. Everything wrong with Quantum is remedied here, the villain is a good one, the storyline is followable and believable, and it flows very well, making it a seriously enjoyable film to watch. There are minor flaws, as always the product placement is a little in your face, and at times theirReally the main emotion after seeing this film is relief, it is miles better than quantum of solace. Everything wrong with Quantum is remedied here, the villain is a good one, the storyline is followable and believable, and it flows very well, making it a seriously enjoyable film to watch. There are minor flaws, as always the product placement is a little in your face, and at times their attempt to bring back classic bond features like the one liners jars with the new Bourne-esque darkness, but overall this is a fantastic edition to the Craig bond series. Expand
  49. Nov 12, 2012
    There a lot of things I would like to say about the New James Bond Movie skyfall. This movie isn't the best movie of the year, but it is really impact with so much action, and so much thrill, which never seems to stop, right from the beginning to the very end of the movie. Daniel Craig adds so much life to the Bond Character. The movie is a little confusing from the very beginning, becauseThere a lot of things I would like to say about the New James Bond Movie skyfall. This movie isn't the best movie of the year, but it is really impact with so much action, and so much thrill, which never seems to stop, right from the beginning to the very end of the movie. Daniel Craig adds so much life to the Bond Character. The movie is a little confusing from the very beginning, because the sniper bullet that struck James, never kills him it went right through him and he never took his life, very confusing, this movie is definitely a real thrill ride, and it is worth every penny I paid to watch it. If you want action and fun see Skyfall, and you will not definitely be disappointed, in my opinion. I love those Brits. Expand
  50. Nov 11, 2012
    Another great Bond film that brings back some of the traditional elements you know and love from the previous movies. The chase scenes are phenomenal in this movie as well. Everyone does a good job on screen, but Javier Bardem steals the show though.
  51. Sep 1, 2013
    Its a great film better then the bull last James bond movie, I enjoyed Skyfall yet didn't really like the villain because i really couldn't understand his motives or really understand why he wanted to kill everybody, pretty sure the movie tells us why, but it felt rather dull the story.
  52. Nov 9, 2012
    Nothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myselfNothing short of excellent or, just to tone it down a tad: extremely good. As a non-Bond fan (meaning I never saw any of the previous Bond movies, just because I never really got curious about it), I feel I can recommend this to my fellow casual viewers without the faintest hesitation. I'm sure Bond fans will also find plenty to enjoy about Skyfall, but I can't venture into putting myself in their shoes, as it wouldn't be quite honest. From a casual viewer's perspective though, let me reiterate: Skyfall is very, very good.

From the superb credit sequence (coming, as it seems to be a well-established habit by now, after a pretty long opening sequence), with its retro and yet quite modern graphical style, to the not surprising but still quite well orchestrated ending, the movie has more to offer than you'd expect and is potentially well capable of pleasing different kinds of audience.

To be honest, I didn't have very high expectations about the acting, which instead turned out to be first-class: Craig positively surprised me (now I know he's much more than the sexy, hunky, ladies-pleasing figurine he is also meant to be), and Bardem was just insanely good, as if the role (which may well be the case) was tailored right on him. Dench was also unquestionably an excellent choice, and I could go on praising basically the whole cast without fear of saying anything crazy.

The story is well constructed; nothing particularly new to the genre, but it does always maintain the right pace, without holes, haste or dragging of any kind. The opening sequence had me hum with undisguised disappointment for quite a while (it's a long one), as it's basically a long, much filmic chase riddled with a plethora of unnecessary explosions and quite ludicrous "in the very nick of time" moments. Not to mention the abuse of "bloody" in the first dialogues ('cause yes, we get it's the smallest things that help create an atmosphere, but insisting too much on some will threaten to break the suspension of disbelief). This all had me strongly hope that wasn't what I went to see.

Luckily, it wasn't. Not at all. Instead, I was treated with a fine, I'd say even classy, plot served with acumen and that touch of irony that, or at least so I am told, characterises the Bond movies as a series. Even I, as a non-fan, could appreciate a few nods to the long line of Bond gadgets from the older movies, gently touched on all along Skyfall. This never being too much, nor ever too blatant or insisting, and always done with a hint of irony, made a very good impression on me. And the fact that Skyfall doesn't take itself too seriously, though managing to remain "realistic" (or let's say plausible), is in my opinion one of the movie's big strengths.

A brief mention is also due, I think, to the soundtrack. Though never stellar (and much less effective if listened to off the movie), it manages to convey all it's supposed to in such a motion picture: tension when it's the case, a little distension at the right moments, and an overall sense of adventure, but on the classy and refined side. And the same be said about Adele's title song - again, from a non-fan but rather very casual listener: job very well done.

If someone had told me I'd be so pleased with a movie choice my girlfriend made (she got to pick it this time), I would've hardly believed it. Turns out she was so right I feel like I owe her something of a public apology. So here it is, and to all other readers I can't but give the banal advice: go see it, you won't regret it. And this is especially true (at least from my perspective) for non-fans, casual viewers, Bond first-timers, and all other conceivable categories falling out of the "Bond fan" tag.
  53. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Quizá la más interesantes de las 3 de Daniel Craig. Porqué cierra la trilogía, por el final de M, por enseñar que el propio sistema a menudo crea a los peores villanos, y sobretodo por la magistral interpretación de Javier Bardem.
    Lo mejor de la película, cuando Bardem sobetea a Craig, y éste sabe aguantar el tipo. Magníficos los dos.
  54. Dec 5, 2012
    "Skyfall" is an excellent addition to the Bond franchise and wipes clean the memory of the lackluster "Quantum of Solace", though it never reaches the level of "Casino Royale".
  55. Nov 24, 2012
    With a simple but deep plot, back-to basics action and beautiful cinematography, this is probably the best Bond so far. Daniel Craig continues to present a gritty, bruised and human bond, Javier Bardem offers a sinister and intimidating adversary and Judi Dench is on top form calling the shots and making painful decisions. While the audience may have been left wanting more details from theWith a simple but deep plot, back-to basics action and beautiful cinematography, this is probably the best Bond so far. Daniel Craig continues to present a gritty, bruised and human bond, Javier Bardem offers a sinister and intimidating adversary and Judi Dench is on top form calling the shots and making painful decisions. While the audience may have been left wanting more details from the plot and back story, the simplicity allowed the mood and character of the film to come through. Expand
  56. Nov 20, 2012
    The problem with watching a movie a week after it's come out is that your mind has been made up for you by your friends reviews and online reviews such as this one. Unfortunately for me, I went in to "Skyfall" with astronomically high expectations. These were obviously not met, however I still have not much bad to say about this movie. The only two things I left frustrated about was theThe problem with watching a movie a week after it's come out is that your mind has been made up for you by your friends reviews and online reviews such as this one. Unfortunately for me, I went in to "Skyfall" with astronomically high expectations. These were obviously not met, however I still have not much bad to say about this movie. The only two things I left frustrated about was the lack of a Bond girl and a lack of cool gadgets (Bond staples if I say so myself). But if I hadn't been expecting either of those things, I would have been blown away by this highly anticipated movie. Special shout out goes to the cinimatographer. Expand
  57. Nov 9, 2012
    Anche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica eAnche gli agenti speciali invecchiano. Diventano sacrificabili e si lasciano andare agli ozî di Turchia, godendosi la morte tra sesso forsennato e bevute monumentali (spesso di Heineken, il cui product placement ha contribuito parecchio al finanziamento del film). Così, quando il senso del dovere e i legami personali li richiamano in servizio, la condizione fisica e psicologica lascia un po Expand
  58. Nov 22, 2012
    The action set pieces are thrilling; the opening sequence was very much Bond. It was followed immediately by Adele's brilliant contribution to the soundtrack during the title sequence. As good as all the action was, the best scene was the introduction of the villian, Silva, portrayed wonderfully by Bardem. While it doesn't have the emotional depth of Casino Royale, it is still one of theThe action set pieces are thrilling; the opening sequence was very much Bond. It was followed immediately by Adele's brilliant contribution to the soundtrack during the title sequence. As good as all the action was, the best scene was the introduction of the villian, Silva, portrayed wonderfully by Bardem. While it doesn't have the emotional depth of Casino Royale, it is still one of the best Bond films and one of the best movies of the year. Expand
  59. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing. Simply amazing. I've seen almost every James Bond film, and this stays true to the critic's reviews - "Best Bond yet." How could you not like this movie? True James Bond style. The movie had a Dark Knight feel to it. James Bond and Raoul Silva felt similar to Batman and The Joker in a way. Anyway, the story was powerful even with the lackluster death/ending Structure was great even though I'm sure some negative views on here will say "oh he should have died here and then again there, and he didn't it was unrealistic." Well, shut up. That's James Bond style, that's why it is the way it is. Regardless, the movie was amazing, and I hope to see it again, and will be buying when it releases on Blu-Ray. Expand
  60. Nov 17, 2012
    Best James Bond Movie Yet Bond Girl didn't last to long but other than that the movie is good. This Movie had the best opening in the history of the Franchise
  61. Nov 9, 2012
    007 movies were always solid, that does exactly the same.
  62. Nov 12, 2012
    Despite it's flaws, which were a tad too straight-forward plot as well as a few cliches, Skyfall was a fun, adventurous film that was well put-together and delivered as what all Bond movies were meant to be--a popcorn flick with oodles of action. Although perhaps the most indulgent treat it offers is the performance by Javier Bardem, who played his deranged, psychotic role to near perfection.
  63. Nov 9, 2012
    I thought Skyfall was the best of the Daniel Craig movies. Javier Bardem was a great villain,as always. The plot was very good. great chases and fighting. Although I love Sean Connery more, Skyfall made me a big Daniel Craig fan now too.
  64. Nov 9, 2012
    It's a nice friend to see with your friends. Pretty nice and thrilling. The only drawback is that it tries a little too hard to be serious. Probably should have stuck with more action.
  65. Nov 10, 2012
    One of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty ofOne of the best Bond films ever! It will stand with classics such as Goldfinger, Dr No and From Russia with Love. This movie transitions Danial Craig's rough around the edges, pre Sean Connery's Bond, that we saw in his first two Bond movies to the suave Bond of Flemming. If you are a Bond fan this is a must see, if you are not it is still worth seeing as an action movie with pleanty of chases and things getting blown up. Expand
  66. Nov 11, 2012
    In my opinion, this is pretty much the best Bond movie so far in this millennium.
    Casino Royale had way too much bashing and crashing, making it a basic action movie.
    This time 007 bangs less chicks, kills less men and faces his midlife crisis. They really did do a good job on making the story more dramatic and still keeping the action along. Really, give it a shot.
  67. Nov 14, 2012
    Much better than previous Bonds which were becoming outdated and dull. This is a fairly clever film. The stunts are well put together, the only down side is its a bit slow in places.
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    Like Casino Royale, this Bond film feels more like a movie-movie than a Bond-movie. It's more gritty and personal than the pre-Craig era. The character development is very noticeable and is continued from the previous Craig-films, something which is new and refreshing in the Bond series. However, all this realism make the classic one-liner remarks feel unfunny and forced. The action,Like Casino Royale, this Bond film feels more like a movie-movie than a Bond-movie. It's more gritty and personal than the pre-Craig era. The character development is very noticeable and is continued from the previous Craig-films, something which is new and refreshing in the Bond series. However, all this realism make the classic one-liner remarks feel unfunny and forced. The action, though ever present, feels toned-downed and may disappoint those seeking Brosnan-era battle-scenes. This is not "classic Bond" in the cinematic sense, but it's still a damn good film with top-notch acting. Expand
  69. Aug 17, 2013
    This was a good movie! I`t was interesting the whole way through. I do agree with people who complain about the lack of gadgets, but it was still a good movie.
  70. Nov 29, 2012
    I really enjoyed this film, the first action sequence and the introductory montage is the best I've seen so far. However overall I didn't think that Skyfall stays in line with the typical bond film. It's more of a look at what fighting crime means in the modern era and the contrasts between the old and new ways. But being a big fan of the old movies, I also thought it was a nice revisit ofI really enjoyed this film, the first action sequence and the introductory montage is the best I've seen so far. However overall I didn't think that Skyfall stays in line with the typical bond film. It's more of a look at what fighting crime means in the modern era and the contrasts between the old and new ways. But being a big fan of the old movies, I also thought it was a nice revisit of the last 50 years of bond. Javier Bardem is hands down the best Bond villain ever! I loved the way the story developed but the end just took it over the top for me. The final action sequence feels more like a 'Home Alone' movie than a bond film and it just gets a bit too ridiculous for my taste... In my opinion, it's much much better film than quantum of solace but doesn't quite get up to the standard of Casino Royale. Expand
  71. Dec 4, 2012
    Gives background into Bond's past like no other Bond has done before. While I would have liked to have seen 1 or 2 more good action scenes, the strong plot makes up for this. Great film!
  72. Dec 13, 2012
    Labelling Skyfall as one of the great Bond films is a bit far fetched. Nevertheless, Skyfall produced what is needed in a modern contemporary 007. Daniel Craig's superfluous acting made it all possible.
  73. Dec 9, 2012
    2nd only to Casino Royale, Bond is back and kicking ass. Daniel Craig is certainly the best J B and Sam Mendes directs with confidence a film that has its sights firmly set on being more than just another action movie, although in this department the film certainly doesn't disappoint with some very impressive special visual effects. The writing too offers a rather more complex set of2nd only to Casino Royale, Bond is back and kicking ass. Daniel Craig is certainly the best J B and Sam Mendes directs with confidence a film that has its sights firmly set on being more than just another action movie, although in this department the film certainly doesn't disappoint with some very impressive special visual effects. The writing too offers a rather more complex set of characters and elicited one genuine gasp from this viewer. Javier Bardem as the villain is also allowed to have fun with the role and his interrogation scene of Bond is delicious in going where no Bond film has gone before. Adele's them song is an added bonus. Great entertainment. Expand
  74. Dec 23, 2012
    As a lifelong James Bond enthusiast who has been extremely disappointed with the franchise's latest efforts (with the exception of Casino Royale), I was extremely pleased with this film. It strayed away from the story line of the previous two films and I couldn't have been happier after the mediocrity of Quantum of Solace. This film has all the constituents from the Bond films that haveAs a lifelong James Bond enthusiast who has been extremely disappointed with the franchise's latest efforts (with the exception of Casino Royale), I was extremely pleased with this film. It strayed away from the story line of the previous two films and I couldn't have been happier after the mediocrity of Quantum of Solace. This film has all the constituents from the Bond films that have preceded it. Big explosions, ridiculous stunts that not a single person in the history of humanity can survive, and let's not forget to mention the beautiful women that would make both genders stop and stare. So what does Skyfall have that the other Bond films don Expand
  75. Dec 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. best bond movie in a long time. competes with bourne series which has been kicking its arss. Javier Bardem is a bit superficial as the villian, not so believable as a villian or a person. Judy Dench finally leaves the series for the better. Next movie should be great with new M Expand
  76. Jan 6, 2013
    Not the best bond film of all time but one of the greatest .
  77. Jan 6, 2013
    Important to say, that there's probably no better action movie neither that the movie where James Bond comes in! Definitely, Daniel Craig's performance as an actor, even if he didn't modified, he surely saved the character from rusting. After that much years Bond is still alive!
    Will everyone agree that Skyfall is best film about James Bond's "adventure", but the thing is that Skyfall multifaceted! Better say, it's thrilling and entertaining at the same time!
  78. Jan 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed the movie, but I've never seen a Bond movie before this one. Perhaps it may not live up to the Bond name, as people are saying, I would not know, but I do know that regardless, it's fantastic watch and incredibly entertaining.
  79. Feb 3, 2013
    I´ve never been into James Bond films. Action movies are too often bad and they are not my favorite type of film. But this is what a great action movie is and feels like. I´m not going to say the plot is complicated but is credible and interesting. The action scenes are stunning and so well choreographed. Cinematography is stunning and deserves the oscar nomination it got (we´ll see ifI´ve never been into James Bond films. Action movies are too often bad and they are not my favorite type of film. But this is what a great action movie is and feels like. I´m not going to say the plot is complicated but is credible and interesting. The action scenes are stunning and so well choreographed. Cinematography is stunning and deserves the oscar nomination it got (we´ll see if they win it). There are lots of cool things about the film like the storyline being centered on Judi Dench´s character. Daniel Craig is probably the best actor to bring James Bond to life. Nothing new. But the highlight is Javier Bardem playing the villain. Just amazing. He is so good, damn. My favorite scene of the whole film is the one in which his character is introduced and shares the scene with Daniel Craig. So much tension. 2012 has been a great year for movies and it shows in 2013 oscar nominations but if they have gotten one thing wrong is the best supporting actor category, two of those actors should be replaced by Javier Bardem in Skyfall and Leonardo Dicaprio in Django
    It felt original and another good point is Adele´s song, one of the best of the franchise
    True entertainment, and not those awful action movies without soul many people try to excuse as "it is just for entertainment".
  80. Jun 30, 2013
    I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed when I saw this movie in theatres. But that's partially due to the fact that I had to pee really, really badly, had impossibly high expectations set up, and was worried the whole time that my best friend was hating it because they hate story driven movies. (They did.) But once I saw the movie outside of theatres I was glad to see that I reallyI have to admit I was somewhat disappointed when I saw this movie in theatres. But that's partially due to the fact that I had to pee really, really badly, had impossibly high expectations set up, and was worried the whole time that my best friend was hating it because they hate story driven movies. (They did.) But once I saw the movie outside of theatres I was glad to see that I really liked it. It's definitely a very stylish, and extremely well shot movie, but it's also really character driven, especially for a James Bond movie. It has a lot more depth than you would expect. The acting is really good too. Javier Barden (I think that's how you spell it, maybe not) was extremely creepy, not only because of his deformity, but because you weren't quite sure if he... Never mind. That creeps me out just thinking about it, yet alone writing it. Craig probably gives his best performance as Bond so far also. This helps the characters feel very real. The action is well directed and can be fun, but it's not quite as gritty or as common an occurrence as it was in Casino Royale, but that being said, I believe Skyfall to be the better movie overall, and possibly the best Bond movie ever. Mendez definitely took directional inspiration from Nolan, perhaps too much at times, but I like the darker more realistic style that Craig's Bond movies have compared to their ridiculously over the top predecessors. Glad this movie won Oscars. Here's to hoping the next movie is even better, actually reaches my near impossible expectations, and maybe even gets a best picture nomination. Expand
  81. Feb 14, 2013
    This was perhaps the best of the James Bond films for me. The main villain was the stand out, super creepy and fun to watch. The action was solid and the camera work was above par. The set pieces (where they decided to shoot to film) were a pleasure to look at. There were a few odd "rolled my eyes" moments, but only about 5 or so. Overall, a good action movie with a lot of interestingThis was perhaps the best of the James Bond films for me. The main villain was the stand out, super creepy and fun to watch. The action was solid and the camera work was above par. The set pieces (where they decided to shoot to film) were a pleasure to look at. There were a few odd "rolled my eyes" moments, but only about 5 or so. Overall, a good action movie with a lot of interesting visuals and one of the creepiest villains to date. Expand
  82. Feb 2, 2013
    The third James Bond film starring Daniel Craig. With Casino Royale being, in my opinion, one of the best Bond films of all time, and Quantum of Solace being one of the worst I felt like a lot was riding on this one, and boy, did it deliver. Whilst I don't think it was as good as Casino Royale it is still a very good and is up there with the best Bond films. My only critiques would be thatThe third James Bond film starring Daniel Craig. With Casino Royale being, in my opinion, one of the best Bond films of all time, and Quantum of Solace being one of the worst I felt like a lot was riding on this one, and boy, did it deliver. Whilst I don't think it was as good as Casino Royale it is still a very good and is up there with the best Bond films. My only critiques would be that the villain didn't hold as much presence as previous Bond villains, he didn't really care about destroying the world more about a revenge. Also, towards the end I got the feeling that it felt more like a Christopher Nolan Batman film than a James Bond film. But in conclusion, it was a very well done film and I think it's safe to say that Daniel Craig has earned his place as James Bond. Expand
  83. Mar 10, 2013
    My second favorite James Bond movie (first being Casino Royale) brings a needed sense of realism to the series. Here's hoping Sam Mendes might stick around.
  84. Apr 11, 2013
    I have been a long-time fan of the Bond series, and I was blown away with this film. It was a great relief from the past two Bond films, many may have enjoyed them, but I just didn't see true Bond in "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace". This really made me respect Daniel Craig and actually want to see him as 007 more.
  85. Dec 11, 2013
    Apparently a lot of metacritic users think SKYFALL is a terrible movie, but I found it to be a lot better than any of Daniel Craig's previous outings as Agent 007. The direction is above-average and the cinematography is utterly fantastic for a Bond film. Also of note is the interesting casting esp. Javier Bardem as the bisexual villain. That said, I am still not completely sold on thisApparently a lot of metacritic users think SKYFALL is a terrible movie, but I found it to be a lot better than any of Daniel Craig's previous outings as Agent 007. The direction is above-average and the cinematography is utterly fantastic for a Bond film. Also of note is the interesting casting esp. Javier Bardem as the bisexual villain. That said, I am still not completely sold on this current oh so serious incarnation, which strives to be oh so dark and murky and au courant, unlike the Bonds of yesteryear, which were a lot more cheeky and comical and fun. Sure, the Cold War was a serious thing, but it didn't hurt to laugh at it, did it? Expand
  86. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My favorite 007 till now has been Sean Connery. But in second position I definitely consider Daniel Craig.
    Casino Royale left great impact but Quantum of solace dissapointed.
    Now its skyfall. And its actually a rise again.
    Daniel Craig lived the character of James bond.
    Also, this bond is realistic.
    The script is good.
    Action less but amazing.
    Especially the beginning is outstanding.
    Background score is academy worthy and so it was rewarded.
    Adele sung the score beautifully.
    The villain is quite satisfying.
    All in all, Bond returned with a bang emotionally, and with full charm.
    Must watch!.
  87. Jul 29, 2014
    Much more than another mindless James Bond movie, "Skyfall" is an action flick that can be readily counted as a piece of art. Daniel Craig seems very familiar with his role, and there is some enjoyable originality in his approach to the James Bond character. There are wonderfully developed motifs, such as modern versus traditional, technology versus technique, except for the standard goodMuch more than another mindless James Bond movie, "Skyfall" is an action flick that can be readily counted as a piece of art. Daniel Craig seems very familiar with his role, and there is some enjoyable originality in his approach to the James Bond character. There are wonderfully developed motifs, such as modern versus traditional, technology versus technique, except for the standard good versus evil trite, and it is indeed much more thoughtful than any of the previous "007" films. Expand
  88. Apr 7, 2015
    Skyfall is a movie of Sam Mendes with Daniel Craig, Judi Dench and Javier Bardem.
    You must watch this movie because there is action, it's the twenty third movie of the James Bond saga.
    If you love Daniel Craig you must watch the movie because he is really good in his role of James Bond. The soundtrack is sung by Adèle. For me it's the best James Bond movie, the story is enthralling, I
    The soundtrack is sung by Adèle.
    For me it's the best James Bond movie, the story is enthralling, I think actors are good casted because every actor sticks with the role.
    For the ones who loves Daniel Craig, it's his third film as James Bond after Casino Royal and Quantum of Solace.
    You must watch it because Daniel Craig is a beautiful and a good actor.
  89. May 23, 2015
    I've literally neevr seen another Bond movie, so I can't make any comparisons. So, as a stand-alone action film (not part of a vast legacy), I'd say it's a very good movie. It's well paced and well written all-around. Action? Yes, and it's all good. Gadgets? Sure, and they're pretty awesome. Suspense? It's got that, too. Well, I've never seen another Bond film, like I said, but that seemsI've literally neevr seen another Bond movie, so I can't make any comparisons. So, as a stand-alone action film (not part of a vast legacy), I'd say it's a very good movie. It's well paced and well written all-around. Action? Yes, and it's all good. Gadgets? Sure, and they're pretty awesome. Suspense? It's got that, too. Well, I've never seen another Bond film, like I said, but that seems to cover it. Well, it also needs a stor, and this omvie has that covered, too. It isn't quite good enough to be a "must-watch" but it's still a" should-watch." I guess it's a "really-should-watch." Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed the film, though I would have loved to have seen more of the primary bond girl. Only Casino Royale figured out how to feature a bond girl the way they did it with Eva Green. My primary criticism was that of the group setting up the house at Skyfall for the "uninvited guests" - seemed like a remake of the original Home Alone. That sequence pulled me out of the Bond universe for the first time in the film. I had fun with the movie - better than Quantum of Solace, not as good as Casino Royale (but that is a very high bar). Expand
  91. Nov 20, 2012
    A great movie nonetheless with an excellent theme song and great action, but with some boring scenes, a gun-barrel at the end of the movie that doesn't fit right and a plot that looked like it went mission impossible. It's been four years before a comeback drew more attention to this.
  92. Lyn
    Dec 30, 2012
    Nice to take a break from the blockbusters with Life Lessons and enjoy one that just tries to be a good action flick. Daniel Craig -- superb actor who still doesn't seem like James Bond or even look that great in a tuxedo (!) -- fits this story line a little better, with its themes of aging & weathering change. Great action sequences & special effects ... but gotta say I was not feelingNice to take a break from the blockbusters with Life Lessons and enjoy one that just tries to be a good action flick. Daniel Craig -- superb actor who still doesn't seem like James Bond or even look that great in a tuxedo (!) -- fits this story line a little better, with its themes of aging & weathering change. Great action sequences & special effects ... but gotta say I was not feeling Javier Bardem as the villain. Perhaps the one Life Lesson was that burly Spaniards shouldn't try the bleached-blond-and-effeminate look. Expand
  93. Nov 11, 2012
    By no means a bad film, my main issue was that it didn't take itself seriously, and often touched on parody. The action sequences are top-drawer, as you'd expect, but the story line is pretty weak. I've probably rated it up a mark having viewed it in the cinema, too. Having said all that, it's a major improvement over a Quantum of Solace, if nothing else.
  94. Nov 25, 2012
    My first James Bond movie was Casino Royale, which I saw in preparation for the upcoming flick Quantom of Solace. With the first Daniel Craig movie I liked the whole bit where Bond is trying to figure out what
  95. Nov 19, 2012
    The 50th anniversary of the James Bond series is acknowledged in this latest installment. Not literally, but in a thematic approach that pits human skills and basic weapons against technology and 21st century tactics. The villain (a blonde Javier Bardem) has devised a lame plot to release the names of spies and a bigger mission to destroy M (Judi Dench). Meanwhile, Bond (Daniel Craig)The 50th anniversary of the James Bond series is acknowledged in this latest installment. Not literally, but in a thematic approach that pits human skills and basic weapons against technology and 21st century tactics. The villain (a blonde Javier Bardem) has devised a lame plot to release the names of spies and a bigger mission to destroy M (Judi Dench). Meanwhile, Bond (Daniel Craig) hasn't fully recovered from the opening sequence (the best action in the film). There are a few other passable encounters, but nothing spectacular. The locales are sufficiently attractive and the new ladies are a minor attraction, but this one relies more on character and discussion than on traditional 007 style and fun. Intellectually, it's an interesting exercise, but is that why what we want from 007? Expand
  96. Nov 13, 2012
    Although this isn't a great film, it is certainly better than the "Quantum of Solace" bore-fest. It starts out with the ubiquitous car/motorcycle chase we've seen in a thousand movies, then has the two people fighting on top of a moving train we've seen in a thousand more movies. In fact, there is nothing really that original in the entire movie. Even the casino scene has a pit with aAlthough this isn't a great film, it is certainly better than the "Quantum of Solace" bore-fest. It starts out with the ubiquitous car/motorcycle chase we've seen in a thousand movies, then has the two people fighting on top of a moving train we've seen in a thousand more movies. In fact, there is nothing really that original in the entire movie. Even the casino scene has a pit with a Gila Monster in it that will remind you of a Star Wars movie. I would rate the movie a "5", but Javier Bardem is SO good as the bad guy he immediately elevates the movie with his presence. He is quickly becoming a favorite actor of mine. The movie never bored me because it is so action packed, so I have to give it a pass. I saw it in IMAX and this is one of the loudest movies I have seen in awhile. So far the Daniel Craig Bond movies have been missing the humor of the older Bond films, instead focusing on action and drama. They come across as a "superhero" movie instead of an espionage thriller to me. Expand
  97. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solid enjoyable movie until.... after the parliment scene with its false ending. The last 20 minutes are pointless and you leave feeling let down. To really enjoy the movie leave before the last 20 minutes and it will be great. Another director focused movie who doesn't have the self discipline to edit themselves. Expand
  98. Jun 9, 2013
    Anyone that has seen either Casino Royale or Quantum of Solace will know exactly what to expect here. As with all James Bond movies one has to suspend their belief when it comes to the plot but thanks to some excellent action set pieces and good performances from the majority of its cast this latest movie in the long running franchise makes for another entertaining two hours.
  99. Mar 31, 2013
    Skyfall is not a typical James Bond film. It's much more of a generic action film with some brief references to its context. The story is too simple, the pacing is wrongand the action sequences are nowhere near James Bond standard. However, as an action film, Skyfall is fantastic. It's beautifully directed, has good acting, quite long and suspensful throughout. It's not clever orSkyfall is not a typical James Bond film. It's much more of a generic action film with some brief references to its context. The story is too simple, the pacing is wrongand the action sequences are nowhere near James Bond standard. However, as an action film, Skyfall is fantastic. It's beautifully directed, has good acting, quite long and suspensful throughout. It's not clever or innovative or humourous, but for what it is and what it does, Skyfall does it very well. If you're a big James Bond fan you may be slightly dissapointed, but if you're after a solid action film you can't go wrong with Skyfall. Expand
  100. Jan 1, 2013
    It was the best of Bonds; it was the worst of Bonds. Actually, it was Skyfall, a fascinating combination of the best and worst of what one can hope for in a Bond movie. Daniel Craig does not like the pressure of being criticized, it seems. Before Skyfall became a billion-dollar success story, Craig was literally sweating out the pressure. If you don't believe it, just look at the picturesIt was the best of Bonds; it was the worst of Bonds. Actually, it was Skyfall, a fascinating combination of the best and worst of what one can hope for in a Bond movie. Daniel Craig does not like the pressure of being criticized, it seems. Before Skyfall became a billion-dollar success story, Craig was literally sweating out the pressure. If you don't believe it, just look at the pictures of him arriving for the 50th Bond anniversary bash in London. He has what appears to be a panic attack in full view of his adoring public, and he has to stop to wipe his brow after breaking out into a profuse sweat. (They claim it was the hot lights, but no one else popped a bead of perspiration.) He's been trying to get out of the Bond role ever since he got into it, he tells us in Rolling Stone Magazine. He also says he's only human. We get it. I'm a Daniel Craig fan, but I am carrying on a love-hate relationship with my idol, who often has clay feet. The touchy subject of Craig's age and the fact that he's not quite a Pretty Boy anymore, or not quite as pretty as he was in Casino Royale, has been turned around to some advantage in Skyfall. The producers had a brilliant idea. Why should Bond be so good-looking that Bond girls will sleep with him even though they always get killed shortly afterward? Looks aren't everything; it's personality that counts. In Skyfall, Bond is given a personality that goes a little bit beyond the superficial charmer we are so familiar with, played particularly well by predecessor Pierce Brosnan, although we forget that Brosnan did an excellent scene of a suffering, imprisoned Bond being tortured in Die Another Day. It was not pretty, but it was pretty serious and showed Brosnan could have given Bond new depths, if only he had been given better scripts. The new James Bond, as portrayed in Skyfall, has all the familiar landmarks. He's a hopeless flirt, he can't resist beautiful women or well-shaken martinis, he carries a Walther PPK and drives the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger, the appearance of which inspired an appreciative gasp combined with a tired groan from the theater audience. He says he's Bond--James Bond, and we know what that means. But this Bond is also very different. He's older, grittier, and sadder with bloodshot eyes and a military man's crew cut. It's a new kind of secret agent. Instead of being just high class, Britishly elegant and suave, he leans a little more toward being a very American Navy Seal, the kind of special operation agents who are sent in to find terrorists like Osama bin Laden, and who operate in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are reportedly average-looking males of various ages; some of them even have gray hair. But the film vacillates in its resolve, not secure in the idea that an elitist special agent with a license to kill is going to provide the same kind of box office as classic Bond. So they give us a mishmash, combined with Bond being presumed dead so that he has an opportunity to be decadent and let himself go to seed as if he were the son of the Lion King. Judy Dench's M is more important in this film, and her age has also become an issue. She is also more human, forced to make tough snap decisions and not always thinking on her feet as well as she should. She is the best thing about this film, and she has an uncanny ability to speak volumes by blinking an eyelash. The film has a surprise--remember when the rumors came out with the Harry Potter series that Dumbledore dies? In this film someone dies, and the franchise will never be the same. I'm not sure the replacement was the best choice or just a friend of the family, but we'll see. Another enlightened touch--it has been reported that Craig has argued for a gay Bond. Silva, with Javier Bardem as the cartoonish villain who is strangely mesmerizing, is gay. He caresses Bond and says something about Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 9, 2012
    Skyfall leaves you wondering whether this incarnation of the character has anywhere left to go. It's the portrait of a spy at the end of his rope by an actor who seems close to his.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Nov 9, 2012
    Mendes' approach to action is classical and elegant - no manic editing and blurry unintelligible images here - but what makes the movie truly special is the attention he gives his actors.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 9, 2012
    The sky is far from falling on the Bond franchise. In fact, it is as good as it has ever been. What's more, Craig is reportedly on board for at least two more outings, so Q had better get to work on those bifocals because 007 is no where near ready for retirement.